The Dark Trilogy presented by GMEdwin

Game Master Insnare

Kask Station has gone silent... The Fleet is concerned and has sent one of its SRP(Space Recon Patrols) nicknamed SeRPs to go and investigate...

KASK STATION

Scout Ship


551 to 600 of 1,164 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Shot Putter Funkmeister

she is but she did not participate in the combat.


Female Ysoki Mercenary Technomancer 2 | SP: 14/14, HP:12/14, RP:3/5 | EAC: 15, KAC: 16, CMD: 24 | Init +3 | F:+2, R: +3, W:+2 | Perc: +1 | | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Spell Cache: 0/1 | Energize Spell: 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

Kit strolls through the deradiation chamber before realizing it might mess up her spell cache.

Once she's through she starts to put her stuff back on.

Sovereign Court

Female(Congregant) ikeshti Mercenary Operative(ghost) 2
Vitals:
HP:11/16 Stamina:14/14 Resolve:4/5 EAC/KAC=16/15:(4Dex,+1 KAC/+2 EAC,) Fort:1 Refl:7 Will:2 BAB:+1 (ranged:+5, Melee:+3), Init:+4

Khall car whistles at the Ysoki, chucking as she slides her trench coat back on, checking to make sure her rifle didn't break. Alrighty! It's all clear! I'll scout inside, check if anything got through Khall says, slipping into the shadows.
Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21
Like a ghost she makes her way inside, Pistils drawn and ready to kill...

She checks every door and cubby, not giving any scrutiny.
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


Shobhad SP 8/14 : HP 7/20 : RP 5/5 | EAC 16 : KAC 19 EAC 18 : KAC 21 | Fort +4 : Ref +1 : Will +4 | Perception +5 : Darkvision 60' | Initiative +5 : Move 35' | Tac. Doshko +6, 1d12+4P : Laser Cannon +3, 1d10F Current Conditions: none. Current Buffs: photon, round 2
GMEDWIN wrote:
Kit and everyone except for Gil took tentacle damage and failed their saving throws,...

FYI Vagoru succeeded on all the saving throws you rolled openly. Were there hidden ones?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The first three go through the machine, the energy that makes you feel almost cleaner than you have ever been in your entire life makes you feel a little tired, take 3 SP damage. Khall seems to be a bit less red coming out of the machine and Kit looks to have gained a reddish brown hue to her fur and Gil seems a bit browner.

The rest follow through.

Vag, I was travelling at the time and forgot to roll a couple of those saves. Feel free to roll them yourself. DC 12 fort

The other three take off their armor and then put their weapons onto the conveyor belt. Snorri looks a bit greener, Vag browner and Bronen whiter. Also taking 3 SP damage, you just feel cleaner but a little tired.

Khall, where do you want to go? The hospital is huge.


Shobhad SP 8/14 : HP 7/20 : RP 5/5 | EAC 16 : KAC 19 EAC 18 : KAC 21 | Fort +4 : Ref +1 : Will +4 | Perception +5 : Darkvision 60' | Initiative +5 : Move 35' | Tac. Doshko +6, 1d12+4P : Laser Cannon +3, 1d10F Current Conditions: none. Current Buffs: photon, round 2

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Were there only two? Looks like I failed once.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

2 is enough


Female Ysoki Mercenary Technomancer 2 | SP: 14/14, HP:12/14, RP:3/5 | EAC: 15, KAC: 16, CMD: 24 | Init +3 | F:+2, R: +3, W:+2 | Perc: +1 | | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Spell Cache: 0/1 | Energize Spell: 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

As Kit checks out her gear and equips herself she notices her palm. Suddenly remembering her spell cache she checks it out to make sure it still works. Does it?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

GM rolls

Spoiler:
10% it does not work all of the time 1d100 ⇒ 58

It works


Level 2 Soldier-HP: 14/20, Stamina: 18/18, Resolve: 3/4, EAC: 17, KAC: 19, Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5, Initiative: +3

"Charming, I feel like someone peeled off the top few layers of my skin but at least no one is dead yet." Snorri checks his geat before putting it back on once through the process, hoping to avoid any nonsense surprises from an AI.

Sovereign Court

Female(Congregant) ikeshti Mercenary Operative(ghost) 2
Vitals:
HP:11/16 Stamina:14/14 Resolve:4/5 EAC/KAC=16/15:(4Dex,+1 KAC/+2 EAC,) Fort:1 Refl:7 Will:2 BAB:+1 (ranged:+5, Melee:+3), Init:+4

Khall checks her scales. Hmm... Might be due for a shedding... she primes her rifle and makes her way through the offices in the first floor, checking every room as she goes. She stays within shouting distance of the group, however, knowing that if she found trouble they would be the best bet to her survival.


Female Ysoki Mercenary Technomancer 2 | SP: 14/14, HP:12/14, RP:3/5 | EAC: 15, KAC: 16, CMD: 24 | Init +3 | F:+2, R: +3, W:+2 | Perc: +1 | | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Spell Cache: 0/1 | Energize Spell: 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Awesome!" Kit replies to Khall. "Can I keep it when you're done?"

Kit follows Khall--at least until Gil tells us where we're going to get this mysterious treatment of hers.


Female NG Human Mercenary Mystic 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 2/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Mindlink - at will | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Gil lets Khall take the lead, but stays close by, she directs them as necessary toward the med lab where she has been working.

she tries to remain vigilant of any abnormalities.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Shot Putter Funkmeister

You make your way to the med lab that Gil remembers and she can see the work station which she had been working with the last she was there, the computer says, "Dr. Shultz, it is nice to see you again. How may I assist you?"

Sovereign Court

Female(Congregant) ikeshti Mercenary Operative(ghost) 2
Vitals:
HP:11/16 Stamina:14/14 Resolve:4/5 EAC/KAC=16/15:(4Dex,+1 KAC/+2 EAC,) Fort:1 Refl:7 Will:2 BAB:+1 (ranged:+5, Melee:+3), Init:+4

Khall whispered to the Ysoki Yeah, if I have time I'll let you keep however much of it is intact... However it likes to peel away in patches so you might not get that much if you where thinking of keeping a full skin.

Once she finishes with the first floor she turns to the "doctor" and smiles. Alright, Doctor... Where's this medicine, and can we take anything from here without the hospital getting all fussy about it?


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The computer says, "Dr. Shultz, we have some exciting information regarding the fungal samples you had given us and there seems to be two ways to permanently remove them."


Level 2 Soldier-HP: 14/20, Stamina: 18/18, Resolve: 3/4, EAC: 17, KAC: 19, Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5, Initiative: +3

"This AI seems more sane but... I'm still getting that sinking feeling." Snorri stays aware of the entry points to the area in case company tries to sneak up on them.


male Nuar Mercenary Mechanic 2 | SP 16/16, HP 5/18, RP 2/3 | EAC 15, KAC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +1 / /medium combat Drone | HP 19/20 | EAC 14 KAC 17 | Fort +0, Ref +5, Will +0 |

Bronen dons his armor once more and follows Dr. Shultz.

..Meanwhile, back at the door to the med wing...

Dronen continues to stand guarding the door.


Female NG Human Mercenary Mystic 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 2/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Mindlink - at will | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Thanks. what have you discovered? Gil asks as she tries to go through all of her data files and starts to download everything she can onto her personal computer data pad.

Oh, these folks are infected, as am I. We need to go over your results as soon as possible.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The computer says, "Two options exist: cut out the contaminated flesh or to dunk the infected area in a anti funghal ointment for an hour which is extremely painful. I am not sure if you were able to discern from the other shipmates but the gestation period is 72 hours and then the patient loses any semblance of their own devices."


Female Ysoki Mercenary Technomancer 2 | SP: 14/14, HP:12/14, RP:3/5 | EAC: 15, KAC: 16, CMD: 24 | Init +3 | F:+2, R: +3, W:+2 | Perc: +1 | | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Spell Cache: 0/1 | Energize Spell: 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Wow! Is this a medical wing or a torture chamber? All those options sound HORRIBLE." Kit exclaims.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The computer says, "This is a medical wing. This fungal parasite is completely foreign to us and it is extremely, or better assessed, fully resistant to all known procedures. We had to come up with procedures that work. We do apologize if they make you squeamish."


Female Ysoki Mercenary Technomancer 2 | SP: 14/14, HP:12/14, RP:3/5 | EAC: 15, KAC: 16, CMD: 24 | Init +3 | F:+2, R: +3, W:+2 | Perc: +1 | | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Spell Cache: 0/1 | Energize Spell: 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

"After you, Doc." Kit says to Gil.

Sovereign Court

Female(Congregant) ikeshti Mercenary Operative(ghost) 2
Vitals:
HP:11/16 Stamina:14/14 Resolve:4/5 EAC/KAC=16/15:(4Dex,+1 KAC/+2 EAC,) Fort:1 Refl:7 Will:2 BAB:+1 (ranged:+5, Melee:+3), Init:+4

Khall sighs. I agree with the rat, Both those options sound like torture, unless you can put the patient under stasis or make them not feel the pain... she looks around in the cabinets, looking for healing serum.


Level 2 Soldier-HP: 14/20, Stamina: 18/18, Resolve: 3/4, EAC: 17, KAC: 19, Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5, Initiative: +3

"This AI is a straight shooter and hasn't tried to kill us yet. I like it." He gives a thumbs up to a camera "Shame about the torture thing."


Female NG Human Mercenary Mystic 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 2/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Mindlink - at will | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Gil frowns a bit at the options.

I might be able to whip up a sedative. No guarantees though.

Gil tries to come up with some sedative to alleviate the pain of the treatment.

medicine check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Gillian is able to find the chemicals to put together a sedative.

Who wants to do which option?


Female Ysoki Mercenary Technomancer 2 | SP: 14/14, HP:12/14, RP:3/5 | EAC: 15, KAC: 16, CMD: 24 | Init +3 | F:+2, R: +3, W:+2 | Perc: +1 | | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Spell Cache: 0/1 | Energize Spell: 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Well, sign me up for the cream, then, I guess." Kit decides.


Female NG Human Mercenary Mystic 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 2/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Mindlink - at will | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Gil administers the sedative to Kit than guides him through the process


male Nuar Mercenary Mechanic 2 | SP 16/16, HP 5/18, RP 2/3 | EAC 15, KAC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +1 / /medium combat Drone | HP 19/20 | EAC 14 KAC 17 | Fort +0, Ref +5, Will +0 |

Bronen moves over next to Kit and points to the ointment.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Kit is rendered unconscious and all of her wounds are soaked in the fluid for two hours, she takes 4d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 1, 3) = 12 damage but is fully cleansed of any of the fungus. She is then thoroughly sponged down but she is very sore.


Level 2 Soldier-HP: 14/20, Stamina: 18/18, Resolve: 3/4, EAC: 17, KAC: 19, Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5, Initiative: +3

"This offers no protection against getting infected again? This is going to get very frustrating if we have to come back here every few hours so the fungus doesn't take root."


Shot Putter Funkmeister

The computer says, "This should provide you some assistance with this particular strain of fungus in the future. Do you plan on getting in contact with this again? I recommend not."

Sovereign Court

Female(Congregant) ikeshti Mercenary Operative(ghost) 2
Vitals:
HP:11/16 Stamina:14/14 Resolve:4/5 EAC/KAC=16/15:(4Dex,+1 KAC/+2 EAC,) Fort:1 Refl:7 Will:2 BAB:+1 (ranged:+5, Melee:+3), Init:+4

Khall takes the surgery option, as a reptile she could heal from her wounds a bit better than most species...


Female Ysoki Mercenary Technomancer 2 | SP: 14/14, HP:12/14, RP:3/5 | EAC: 15, KAC: 16, CMD: 24 | Init +3 | F:+2, R: +3, W:+2 | Perc: +1 | | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Spell Cache: 0/1 | Energize Spell: 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

Taking 11sp and 1 hp. Then resting for ten minutes to heal her sp by spending 1 RP.

"Oooooowwwwwwwww!" Kit groans in pain. "I need a rest!"


Female NG Human Mercenary Mystic 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 2/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Mindlink - at will | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

I suggest we take some time here in the medical wing to rest, once we are all cleansed. Perhaps take some time to figure out our next move will be, maybe you guys can let me know more about you guys and why you are here.

Gil suggests as she continues to work to get everyone through the cleansing.


male Nuar Mercenary Mechanic 2 | SP 16/16, HP 5/18, RP 2/3 | EAC 15, KAC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +1 / /medium combat Drone | HP 19/20 | EAC 14 KAC 17 | Fort +0, Ref +5, Will +0 |

Bronen pulls out and hands Dr.Wu a unique datapad. The datapad contains all of the mission data.


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Khall sits in the chair and gets local anaesthetic and the saw cuts out big pieces of her flesh 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) = 11 and then the sterilization fluid is applied causing 1d4 ⇒ 3. She is now free of the fungus. You feel a bit weary.

Sovereign Court

Female(Congregant) ikeshti Mercenary Operative(ghost) 2
Vitals:
HP:11/16 Stamina:14/14 Resolve:4/5 EAC/KAC=16/15:(4Dex,+1 KAC/+2 EAC,) Fort:1 Refl:7 Will:2 BAB:+1 (ranged:+5, Melee:+3), Init:+4

Ah, yeah, at 10HP now... Jesus


Level 2 Soldier-HP: 14/20, Stamina: 18/18, Resolve: 3/4, EAC: 17, KAC: 19, Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +5, Initiative: +3

"Whatever happened to hunting pirates? Crazy fungus monsters just aren't right! Robots at least are somewhat normal. This is starting to seem like the kind of mission you either never talk about afterwards or one that gets you free drinks for life."


Who is next?

The AI says, "Sorry but there is no pirate activity in this sector. The priority is to prepare Planet Kask for colonization."


Shobhad SP 8/14 : HP 7/20 : RP 5/5 | EAC 16 : KAC 19 EAC 18 : KAC 21 | Fort +4 : Ref +1 : Will +4 | Perception +5 : Darkvision 60' | Initiative +5 : Move 35' | Tac. Doshko +6, 1d12+4P : Laser Cannon +3, 1d10F Current Conditions: none. Current Buffs: photon, round 2

"Did the fungal parasite originate on Planet Kask? Was it brought back with an expedition to the surface?" Vagoru asks the A.I.

When there are enough people who have gone through the procedure to be available to stand guard, Vagoru will get treated. He will get the ointment solution, since that sounds like it might protect from future infections.


male Nuar Mercenary Mechanic 2 | SP 16/16, HP 5/18, RP 2/3 | EAC 15, KAC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +1 / /medium combat Drone | HP 19/20 | EAC 14 KAC 17 | Fort +0, Ref +5, Will +0 |

ME ME!!


Bronen 1 is saw, 2 is the tank 1d2 ⇒ 2

He is rendered unconscious and gets put in the tank and takes 4d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 4) = 13 damage but is fully cleansed of the fungus but feels very tired.

The AI says, "The only people who have been on this station other than your group were the cosmonauts from the Shuttle Sigma. Unless they went to the surface before coming here, you would need to speak with Dr. Shultz. There is this odd foreign substance sticking out of the dome in Beta Sector."

Sovereign Court

Female(Congregant) ikeshti Mercenary Operative(ghost) 2
Vitals:
HP:11/16 Stamina:14/14 Resolve:4/5 EAC/KAC=16/15:(4Dex,+1 KAC/+2 EAC,) Fort:1 Refl:7 Will:2 BAB:+1 (ranged:+5, Melee:+3), Init:+4

Khall streached making sure none of the damage effected her movements... Once she was sure they didn't she grabs her rifle and pops her neck. Ugh, I say we find the reactor and just blow this place sky high. she thinks for a moment. Well, I suppose it's already sky high, ahh... Vaporize the, Ah! Know what, blow it up, just BLOW IT UP


Female Ysoki Mercenary Technomancer 2 | SP: 14/14, HP:12/14, RP:3/5 | EAC: 15, KAC: 16, CMD: 24 | Init +3 | F:+2, R: +3, W:+2 | Perc: +1 | | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Spell Cache: 0/1 | Energize Spell: 0/1 | Active Conditions: None

From her spot on the floor, Kit tosses her arm up in the air. "Seconded!" she groans. "This mission sucks!"

She continues resting while the others get treated.


Female NG Human Mercenary Mystic 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 2/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Mindlink - at will | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

to GM:

I am unsure how to proceed here. any info I would know? or should I just make things up

I just link this here


Shot Putter Funkmeister

Gil

Spoiler:
You did not got to the planet. The AI just does not know that you had not gone to the planet. You remember going to the foreign entity but everything else is a bit vague.


Shobhad SP 8/14 : HP 7/20 : RP 5/5 | EAC 16 : KAC 19 EAC 18 : KAC 21 | Fort +4 : Ref +1 : Will +4 | Perception +5 : Darkvision 60' | Initiative +5 : Move 35' | Tac. Doshko +6, 1d12+4P : Laser Cannon +3, 1d10F Current Conditions: none. Current Buffs: photon, round 2
Khall Vesper wrote:
Khall streached making sure none of the damage effected her movements... Once she was sure they didn't she grabs her rifle and pops her neck. Ugh, I say we find the reactor and just blow this place sky high. she thinks for a moment. Well, I suppose it's already sky high, ahh... Vaporize the, Ah! Know what, blow it up, just BLOW IT UP

"Sensible... the station is compromised, and there seem to be no survivors. If even one little bit of that fungus survived, then it could contaminate more people and we'd be back to where we started. Saving the station is not worth the risk."

"But somehow I doubt the station AI will allow that. We will have to do it manually, or disconnect the AI somehow."


Female NG Human Mercenary Mystic 2 | SP 14/14 HP 16/16 | RP 2/4 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Mindlink - at will | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Gil is busy at work trying to decontaminate everyone. eventually she administers the sedative to herself and go through the bath process.

Once everyone is treated. the conversation continues as to what to do.

Computer, please engage a complete scan of the station. identify any life form. as the AI engages in the scan, Gil goes to download all the information regarding the infestation as well as all the station logs.

the best I can recall, we never set foot on the surface. I remember encountering something on the way here, but I'm afraid that most of those memories are lost.

551 to 600 of 1,164 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dark Trilogy: 1 Dark Outpost All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.