The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


67,301 to 67,350 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1342 | 1343 | 1344 | 1345 | 1346 | 1347 | 1348 | 1349 | 1350 | 1351 | 1352 | next > last >>

Male Humanoid
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Casseus Rex wrote:

As soon as he popped in, Casseus' pistol was out and aimed at the new arrival, all pretense of the joker has faded from his demeanor.

"I do not know him."

Jeran put a hand on Casseus's shoulder. "Don't shoot. You can't help us from detention. Let's figure out who this guy is and if he has any connection to this thing with the girl before we go overreacting."

He turned to Tryko'Sam. "Alright, you talk to her. Hopefully you'll have better luck than the rest of us did. We'll be here if you need any help. And don't take off to go deal with this without us. Please. In the meantime, we'll find out if this new guy has any connection to any of this. Hopefully without Casseus shooting him," he added wryly. "But I'm not sure how good the odds are there."

Pausing a moment, the expression on Tryko'Sam's face is clearly one of consideration, perhaps a hint of something else. He nods at Jeran and says, "You got it, Jeran." A slow smile builds up and Tryko'Sam walks into the room with the blonde, so he can have the one on one that was suggested, now that she had the spell of Tongues cast on her by the nurse.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Image
Iolth Taknith wrote:

The tiefling blinks for a moment, then abruptly kips up from the bed. "Ugh. Kaetar, my head pounds and I have a blank spot. So, care to fill me in? Last thing I remember, I was torching an orc army. Wait, no, let me guess-I lost control, blew the orcs and half a city block to smithereens, and some idiots decided to come after me with a vengeance and I refused to fight back. Is that about it? Because that's the formula that these incidents seem to follow..."

Kaetar shakes her head and sighs. "Yup, that's pretty much exactly what happened. This time, I 'ported you about halfway across the world. And, to this place for a very specific reason. It's called Avalon, a school for kids with... powers like yours."

Shaking his head, the tiefling turns the group gathered around him. "Well, since apparently Kaetar 'ported me to a school, I might as well make some introductions-and maybe even some friends. My name is Iolth, and, in case you haven't surmised that already, I'm a catastrophe waiting to happen. And this fine young lady-" Iolth turns around and quickly pecks Kaetar on the cheek-"is Kaetar, my girlfriend, and former celestial spirit. Out of curiosity, how structurally sound is this school? Simply, unless it can contain enough magical energy to blow apart a keep within a matter of hours... I probably shouldn't stay here." Iolth gives a sheepish smile and rubs his hair.

"Just a keep? Is that all? Yeah, you'll be fine," he said from the doorway. "So, what's your story?" he asked warily.

Spoiler:
What does Scent tell him about this new guy?


Male Grimspawn Daemonic Sorcerer 6/Warlock 16/Harrower 10
Spells Per Day:
1st: 9/9 2nd: 9/9 3rd: 8/8 4th: 8/8 5th: 8/8 6th: 7/7 7th: 7/7 8th: 4/4

Iolth sighs, "Well, long story short, I was an normal tiefling until I was kidnapped by crazy Szuriel cultists, who tried to use my daemonic blood to bypass the wards and let nasty things come in. The ritual malfunctioned, and the power of my blood got cranked up to eleven. Which would be nice-if it wasn't for the fact that whenever I use too much of it, I tend to destroy villages, towns, cities, countries-and I generally leave a g$$-d!*ned (literally) waste behind, with some daemons running rampant. The funny thing is, whenever I see someplace that needs help, I just say to myself This'll end quickly, I can probably take 'em out in one, two, maybe three cards, and then poof, I wake up in a nightmare wasteland. So, yeah, that's my story."

Spoiler:

He smells like burning. And blood. But other than that, he's perfectly normal!

Is it just me, or does Jeran seem like much less of a jerk than he was at the beginning?


Image
Iolth Taknith wrote:

Iolth sighs, "Well, long story short, I was an normal tiefling until I was kidnapped by crazy Szuriel cultists, who tried to use my daemonic blood to bypass the wards and let nasty things come in. The ritual malfunctioned, and the power of my blood got cranked up to eleven. Which would be nice-if it wasn't for the fact that whenever I use too much of it, I tend to destroy villages, towns, cities, countries-and I generally leave a g&*-d#*ned (literally) waste behind, with some daemons running rampant. The funny thing is, whenever I see someplace that needs help, I just say to myself This'll end quickly, I can probably take 'em out in one, two, maybe three cards, and then poof, I wake up in a nightmare wasteland. So, yeah, that's my story."

** spoiler omitted **

Is it just me, or does Jeran seem like much less of a jerk than he was at the beginning?

Jeran was dominated in the beginning...and then dealing with the aftermath of that...

"So..these cultists....they were destroyed?" he asked, eyes narrowed.


Male Grimspawn Daemonic Sorcerer 6/Warlock 16/Harrower 10
Spells Per Day:
1st: 9/9 2nd: 9/9 3rd: 8/8 4th: 8/8 5th: 8/8 6th: 7/7 7th: 7/7 8th: 4/4

"Yeah... In the massive blast that quite literally turned about 66 miles of countryside into a union between Abbadon and this plane. Trust me, you do NOT want to go there. Horrible vacation spot. The daemons try to eat you, the undead roam everywhere, and GODS, the room service at their most prestigious inn-The Ruined Temple of the Evil Daemonic Cultists-is horrible! The food is horrendous, too-nothing to eat but rocks, sand, and dust. Although the soul gems there add a nice touch of interior decoration, and the wailing of souls adds a nice rustic feel to the place..." Iolth doubles over, laughing.

Composing himself, Iolth continues. "At any rate, the place-called the Nightlands, or, for a more accurate name, Taro'lik's Domain, is a bad, bad place. A bunch of efforts have gone towards cleansing the place, trying to seal up the portal to Abbadon, though none have succeeded. The paladins are very harried, and it probably didn't help their nerves that I destroyed a bunch of property."


Male Half fiend/half giant 16 Gunslinger (pistolero)/16 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist)
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Casseus Rex wrote:

As soon as he popped in, Casseus' pistol was out and aimed at the new arrival, all pretense of the joker has faded from his demeanor.

"I do not know him."

Jeran put a hand on Casseus's shoulder. "Don't shoot. You can't help us from detention. Let's figure out who this guy is and if he has any connection to this thing with the girl before we go overreacting."

He turned to Tryko'Sam. "Alright, you talk to her. Hopefully you'll have better luck than the rest of us did. We'll be here if you need any help. And don't take off to go deal with this without us. Please. In the meantime, we'll find out if this new guy has any connection to any of this. Hopefully without Casseus shooting him," he added wryly. "But I'm not sure how good the odds are there."

Nods, slowly.

"Alright, you da boss."
He holsters his revolver with flourish, like it weighed nothing to him.
"I'll hang back, as to not scare the little slave girl. You need any help, just call for me, I'll be in the waiting room. Good luck." he says to everyone, then steps out.


Male Human 16 Earth Bender/??

Not quite knowing what to make of the whole ice-cat thing that just happened, he shrugs, and heads back out to the materials building to get some things before heading to class.


Male Human (Elan) Aegis/Soulknife (16)

Looks at Janie, and sighs.
"Well, we should probably get going or we'll be late for class."


Image
Gavin Trell wrote:

Looks at Janie, and sighs.

"Well, we should probably get going or we'll be late for class."

"Yeah, you're probably right...and it looks like the show is over anyway," she joked. "I'm hoping that lunch will be less dramatic."


Male Human (Elan) Aegis/Soulknife (16)

"HA! Doubtful. Maybe happy-dramatic is ok to hope for this time."


Image
Repp, the Bleached wrote:
A brace of cinnamon rolls held firmly in his hand, Repp dodges past some commotion occurring in the cafeteria, trotting out onto the patio - recent scene of some commotion itself, and begins the quick jaunt back down to the lake on foot.

There is no sign of Ginni at the lake or anywhere within his current view.


Image
Gavin Trell wrote:
"HA! Doubtful. Maybe happy-dramatic is ok to hope for this time."

She laughed. "Yeah, that would be good. See you around, Gavin," she said, picking up her bookbag and tucking her drumsticks back into her pockets before dropping off her empty tray and heading to class.


Image
Iolth Taknith wrote:

"Yeah... In the massive blast that quite literally turned about 66 miles of countryside into a union between Abbadon and this plane. Trust me, you do NOT want to go there. Horrible vacation spot. The daemons try to eat you, the undead roam everywhere, and GODS, the room service at their most prestigious inn-The Ruined Temple of the Evil Daemonic Cultists-is horrible! The food is horrendous, too-nothing to eat but rocks, sand, and dust. Although the soul gems there add a nice touch of interior decoration, and the wailing of souls adds a nice rustic feel to the place..." Iolth doubles over, laughing.

Composing himself, Iolth continues. "At any rate, the place-called the Nightlands, or, for a more accurate name, Taro'lik's Domain, is a bad, bad place. A bunch of efforts have gone towards cleansing the place, trying to seal up the portal to Abbadon, though none have succeeded. The paladins are very harried, and it probably didn't help their nerves that I destroyed a bunch of property."

"Never heard of the place." He was pretty sure that this guy wasn't connected to the cultists they were chasing. For one thing, he spoke common. For another, he had that cocky attitude that was pretty common among the newbies. The idea of an unsealed portal was disturbing, though "Well, if you're all healed, you should go to the office to get your enrollment processed. Just touch the walls and think of where you want to go and arrows will light up to show you the way there. And you need to tell them about the stuff you just told me...ummm....that place you said you're from...is it on Agartha?"

Going to add some notes in discussion, so hold off on answering that question until you read them.


Female Human image

it wasn't long after porting into the infirmary. Nurse Julie was leaving Morrivan's room to track down some help staff.

finding another young intern running some errands...

if you could be so kind and fetch, as fast as you can please. a mug of hot cocoa with extra marshmallows, and two mugs of whatever the firebird safe equivalent is and take to ms Morrivan's room.

right away he replies and is off in a dash.

he shortly returns to Morrivan's room with the stuff and sets it on a table for them.

Nurse Julie then moves on to do some rounds. seeing the group with some of the other staff she leaves them to thier discussions.

this is Tryko'Sam's group

She then satrts to feelk rather cold. so she heads to the source. finding Tybs and Mel and tami there.
Nurse Julie goes to the other staff member talking to Tami.

Addressing them both, Can I be of any assistance?. noticing Mel I see Ms Waverider has moved from fire to ice today.


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Nurse Julie wrote:

She then satrts to feelk rather cold. so she heads to the source. finding Tybs and Mel and tami there.
Nurse Julie goes to the other staff member talking to Tami.

Addressing them both, Can I be of any assistance?. noticing Mel I see Ms Waverider has moved from fire to ice today.

"Umm...yeah, maybe. My friend here had some kind of really emotionally distressing encounter, and he was in shock. His biology is cold based, so normal treatments won't work...I really don't know what to do to help him."


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo

Morrivan's tears were starting to slow and she was mostly just trying to breathe after so much sobbing when the tray of hot chocolate came in.

"Wow, they already know you pretty well in here...that mug looks like it has more marshmallows than hot chocolate....would you like some? I mean, it's okay to be sad, but I'm pretty sure it's also okay to not be sad all the time."


Female Human image
Tamina wrote:
Nurse Julie wrote:

She then satrts to feelk rather cold. so she heads to the source. finding Tybs and Mel and tami there.
Nurse Julie goes to the other staff member talking to Tami.

Addressing them both, Can I be of any assistance?. noticing Mel I see Ms Waverider has moved from fire to ice today.

"Umm...yeah, maybe. My friend here had some kind of really emotionally distressing encounter, and he was in shock. His biology is cold based, so normal treatments won't work...I really don't know what to do to help him."

Nurse Julie smiles with a very reassuring smile Of course we can, I was able to assist Ms Morrivan from her emotional distress, i am sure we can help your friend here as well.

going as close as she can to the cold without injuring herself.

so, first thing we need to do is ensure physically he is alright.

Julie looks trough some charts and then looks about the infirmary, ahh yes, we do have a room that is ready, I believe it was set up for a new student that arrived this weekend.

looking to them would you be so kind as to bring him this way

Julie leads them to an insulated room that is set up for students that require cold environments for survival.

Now since I am unable to spend much time in the room, Ms Waverider, could you please operate the scanning equipment?


She had done as asked and tried to think of what had happened, but so many other events had occured that had pushed the knowledge down deeper into her memory until it was nothing but a faded afterthought...

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

Arthur was working on a blueprint while he waited for his friend(s?) when he sees melody walk by with a large chunk of spiked ice "woah Mels, what's going on in here, and is that the ice cat... Tyron?...Tyson?.. Tybalt! Yes Tybalt." He snaps his fingers.


Male Grimspawn Daemonic Sorcerer 6/Warlock 16/Harrower 10
Spells Per Day:
1st: 9/9 2nd: 9/9 3rd: 8/8 4th: 8/8 5th: 8/8 6th: 7/7 7th: 7/7 8th: 4/4

"Ummm... Where do I come from? Uh, from a world called Myrmidos. Quite honestly, I've been actually been cross-dimensional planet hopping for a while now, so I have no way to get back there, actually. Since I'll probably be here for a while, can you direct towards a library so I can read up on this planet?" Strangely enough, Iolth seems completely unperturbed, despite the fact that he was nearly dead just a couple moments before.


Image
Iolth Taknith wrote:
"Ummm... Where do I come from? Uh, from a world called Myrmidos. Quite honestly, I've been actually been cross-dimensional planet hopping for a while now, so I have no way to get back there, actually. Since I'll probably be here for a while, can you direct towards a library so I can read up on this planet?" Strangely enough, Iolth seems completely unperturbed, despite the fact that he was nearly dead just a couple moments before.

"You'll have to take a class on the History of Agartha. It's required for off-worlders. They'll tell you all about it during enrollment. Take care of that first. After that you can use the same arrow trick to find the library if you want."


Male Grimspawn Daemonic Sorcerer 6/Warlock 16/Harrower 10
Spells Per Day:
1st: 9/9 2nd: 9/9 3rd: 8/8 4th: 8/8 5th: 8/8 6th: 7/7 7th: 7/7 8th: 4/4

"Alright, thanks for the advice! I should probably get going-I never did catch your name? Unless inquiring about it is consider impolite, taboo, or interfering with some religious code, I would at least like to know the name of the first person to talk to me here."


Image
Iolth Taknith wrote:
"Alright, thanks for the advice! I should probably get going-I never did catch your name? Unless inquiring about it is consider impolite, taboo, or interfering with some religious code, I would at least like to know the name of the first person to talk to me here."

"Jeran Darkclaw. Sorry, I should have said earlier. Social graces aren't my strong suit," he said with a shrug.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybalt seems either unwilling or incapable of moving himself physically, but the icy radius(in a perfect hexagin shape centered on Tybalt) around him and Mel pushes itself up off the floor in one big table like thing and walks itself where directed on spider like legs made of the icicles that inhabit it.
When there, it pushes up and slides Tybalt and Melody back off of it and it collapses into a shamble of hexagonal ice.
Tybalt curls back into his security ball, shut off from everything else.
Even in the cold room, he is drastically colder than they anticipated, and frost grows out from around him, covering the examination cot/table and down the floor. It connects and covers the previous ice pile and threatens to overtake the whole room.
He has stopped sobbing for now and just stays in the ball silently, blocking out the rest of the world.


Image

Dave's stay in the White Room is interrupted by the click-click-click of sensible shoes as Miss Jones enters the room.

"Mr. De'Foul, I have very little time before I need to be back in my classroom to begin the first lesson of the day," she said crisply. "Can you explain to me quickly what triggered this event, or should I leave you in here longer?"


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

Tybalt seems either unwilling or incapable of moving himself physically, but the icy radius(in a perfect hexagin shape centered on Tybalt) around him and Mel pushes itself up off the floor in one big table like thing and walks itself where directed on spider like legs made of the icicles that inhabit it.

When there, it pushes up and slides Tybalt and Melody back off of it and it collapses into a shamble of hexagonal ice.
Tybalt curls back into his security ball, shut off from everything else.
Even in the cold room, he is drastically colder than they anticipated, and frost grows out from around him, covering the examination cot/table and down the floor. It connects and covers the previous ice pile and threatens to overtake the whole room.
He has stopped sobbing for now and just stays in the ball silently, blocking out the rest of the world.

Mel is about to do a scan but stops. the room is to cold right now. she goes and sits beside him.

Tybs, I know it hurts right now, but its not the end, your story isn't over. Dave is confused, he doesn't realize what you mean to him, not yet.

She scooches up next to him.

Ya know, sometimes part of loving someone, is letting go, letting him come to the realization of what he has and what he can loose. but to be there when they are ready. you were ready, but he was not, but he will be. that's something you have to believe in. and, well believe it or not, I know, you are one cool cat. And no matter much you try and freeze me out, I won't give up on ya. so you don't give up on me, or Dave.

Mel puts her hands on his cheeks pulling his head up to look in his eyes, you just gotta have faith.

And one last thing, it is really friggin cold in here!


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

"You did not know - therefore there is nothing to apologize for," Fei answers simply with a warm smile. "I just did not want you to get hurt accidentally. I have done that to people I care for before...I try very hard to not let that happen again."

"And I actually can have some contact with others...but I must be careful of that contact, and...calm...when I do so. I must choose serenity over passion, but it is better than nothing at all," he adds sagely.

"I...will take that as a compliment," the young monk does his best to answer graciously, a touch of color on his own cheeks at her unfiltered...

"I will take that as a compliment too." Rena mirrors with something of a playful giggle. The revelation that Fei is unable to perform obviously hasn't dampened her attraction to him - she's playing lightly with her hair and batting those eyelashes - perhaps subconsciously flirting. She isn't moving to touch him or anything like though, obviously respecting his condition.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

She finds him somewhat zoned out, rotating slightly, positioned as though still seeted, staring at his clawed hands, but her words seem to reach him and after some delay he stammers out "I ... I don't know... It all... I just" he closes his eyes and pulls at his hair for a moment before releaseing"is he ok, I mean did I hurt him? I..I didn't meen to I just, I couldn't see, and he was just" he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath and releases it in a small jet of ice "it was too much, I saw her.. And she was with him and they" he grimices but keeps the momentum up "I tried to stay calm, it shouldn't matter right, I mean they're together now" his voice sounds strained at this "if anything I should be happy, I was telling myself remaining calm might have eaten my fork and broken my plate, but other than that calm w-when he started climbing on me and crying, like he has a reason to cry, a-and I just saw red, I pushed him off of me....and... Here I am..."if she is reading his mind at this point she detects no falsehoods, just an echo of what he was saying followed by the thoughts last person here who gives a rat's ass about you and you managed to screw that one up as well, great job De'Foul


Female Half-elf Gestalt Sorcerer6/Dragon Disciple9 // Rogue (Swashbuckler)8/Duelist7

"Hi." The sudden appearance of Vai is surprising to Rena, who had been focused overly on Fei himself. Her tone his cold and flat, and her posture is defensive - she's protecting Fei from this new female who is so obviously enamored of her boyfriend. Her wings have made a return and one is outstretched, partially blocking Fei from Rena's view. "I'm Vai, his girlfriend." she says coldly, the tray of food held in one hand trembling slightly.


Image
David.De'Foul wrote:

She finds him somewhat zoned out, rotating slightly, positioned as though still seeted, staring at his clawed hands, but her words seem to reach him and after some delay he stammers out "I ... I don't know... It all... I just" he closes his eyes and pulls at his hair for a moment before releaseing"is he ok, I mean did I hurt him,

I..I didn't meen to I just, I couldn't see, and he was just" he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath and releases it in a small jet of ice "it was too much, I saw her.. And she was with him and they" he grimices but keeps the momentum up "I tried to stay calm, it shouldn't matter right, I mean they're together now" his voice sounds strained at this "if anything I should be happy, I was telling myself remaining calm might have eaten my fork and broken my plate, but other than that calm when he started climbing on me and crying, like he has a reason to cry, and I just saw red, I pushed him off of me....and... Here I am..."if she is reading his mind at this point she detects no falsehoods, just an echo of what he was saying followed by the thoughts last person here who gives a rat's ass about you and you managed to screw that one up as well, great job De'Foul

"I asked after the other party in this conflict on my way here. He is currently in the infirmary, but it appears to be as a result of emotional distress rather than physical injury. Have we already changed your schedule to include a meditation class? If not, that needs to happen today. And I am referring you to the school psychologist. Your punishment is to attend regular sessions with him until such time as he says that you are emotionally stable enough to not require them."

She paused, hesitating for a moment before continuing. "You need to deal with your grief, Mr. De'Foul. Over your parents, your mentor, and losing this relationship that you valued. If you continue to repress your feelings as you have done you will end up becoming what you hate. I know this advice is somewhat...ironic, coming from me. But unlike me, you still have a chance to make different choices. Ones that don't require spending a lifetime of atonement afterwards."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

He looks somewhat stricken at the statement referring to Tybalt, the infirmary, and why he was there which is then followed by a grimace at the thought of the meditation class and psychologist sessions bah he thinks waste of time, I could be spending that time learning or building things, and now it's to be wasted a small flash of resentment flares accross his mind before being clamped down uppon "yes," he says neutrally "history was removed to make room for such"
At her final statements he looks confused "what do you mean, in what way is it ironic, and for what to I have to atone that others will allow me to do do" he says, head cocked to the side


Reapling (scout form) rogue, black blooded oracle, gestalt lvl 16

Vickory suggests that Tryko use the earpiece and trade it back and forth to talk, then she goes into the middle of the infirmary intent on discovering the local medicines, but she gets distracted.

Vickory saw Tybs getting moved into a small room. After a moment Vickory decides to see what happened to him.

Vickory enters the small room, not even noticing the cold, though she looks concerned as well as confused. Seeing Mel, "What happened? Is Tybalt going to be okay?"


Image
David.De'Foul wrote:

He looks somewhat stricken at the statement referring to Tybalt, the infirmary, and why he was there which is then followed by a grimace at the thought of the meditation class and psychologist sessions bah he thinks waste of time, I could be spending that time learning or building things, and now it's to be wasted a small flash of resentment flares accross his mind before being clamped down uppon "yes," he says neutrally "history was removed to make room for such"

At her final statements he looks confused "what do you mean, in what way is it ironic, and for what to I have to atone that others will allow me to do do" he says, head cocked to the side

She sighed. "It was ironic because I am not known for being demonstrative when it comes to emotion. As for the rest...You cannot see it yet, but take it from someone who has crossed that line in the past. You are at the beginning of a path that goes places you don't yet believe yourself capable of. If you continue to ignore your emotional problems you will find yourself traveling down that path. If you travel down that path you will either end up embracing it and becoming a villain in truth or you will end up realizing your errors after you have done something unforgivable. The sort of thing you can never fully atone for. That is what I was saying. Do try to pay more attention. This is your best chance to correct your course and become the person you wish to be. Don't waste it, Mr. De'Foul."


Vai Sunwake wrote:
"Hi." The sudden appearance of Vai is surprising to Rena, who had been focused overly on Fei himself. Her tone his cold and flat, and her posture is defensive - she's protecting Fei from this new female who is so obviously enamored of her boyfriend. Her wings have made a return and one is outstretched, partially blocking Fei from Rena's view. "I'm Vai, his girlfriend." she says coldly, the tray of food held in one hand trembling slightly.

"Oh, Vai!" Rena replies, a little confused at her friend's tone. "It's me, Rena!" she says brightly, trying to deflect Vai's blunt anger with a cheery smile and pushing her chest out slightly at the other girl.

Vai gets a somewhat confused look on her face, the anger fading away slightly. "Why are you hitting on my boyfriend?" she asks tersely, with a note of confusion now laced into her voice.

Rena beams back at her. "Well, that's because he's very beautiful and I wanted him to have sex with me." At this, Vai splutters slightly, blushing with both anger at embarassment at Rena's candidness. Her wing rises slightly at that though, blocking Fei from view a little more.

Rena presses on with her campaign of bright cheerfulness, taking a step closer to Vai. "Oh don't worry Vai, he told me that you two were in a relationship. I think I understand what that means in regards to sex. And you are very cute too. Maybe, since Fei can't do any touching, we could have fun together and he could watch? Even just watching could be alot of fun, and since you'd both be there it wouldn't be a violation of your relationship, right?" Rena asks happily, glancing at Fei over Vai's now-drooping wing with a wide smile.

Vai seems to be completely taken aback by the bold suggestion, having gone a little pale, her wings drooping down to once again including Fei in the conversation.


Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
Salis of Bletherad wrote:

"I haven't had the best of luck with relationships in the past...I think I've finally broken that particular streak," she said, smiling at Salis.

"As for the Spirit World...I don't exactly know. That's what the kid called it, Lang I think his name was. I think it's sort of attached to this world...like a reflection or something...I don't know. I haven't had enough chance to study it. And yes, the being I am bound too is a kami. His name is Kryshyykilli'vkk."

"Nor have I. I do know much about the spirit world where I come from. Here I regent to say everything is different. Even how they act is alien to me. It will take me sometime to learn enough about these spirits to know enough about them." He adds with a slightly depressed look. This look disappears once he looks toward Ori however.

"I see..." Tyrrin replies thoughtfully, looking Ori over carefully as if her physique might provide some clue to the puzzle. "An elementary school student, is it? And this... Spirit World. It sounds like a subplane, similar to the Shadow Plane or the Ethereal Plane. I wonder if a similar spell to Ethereal Jaunt could be researched to access such a place. Interesting."

"If this being is indeed a Kami... it is likely the destruction of it's Ward which has angered it. Do you have any idea what that might entail?" Tyrrin asked academically, again looking at Ori as if she were a problem to be solved and not a person truly.


Male Gnome
Ginni wrote:
Repp, the Bleached wrote:
A brace of cinnamon rolls held firmly in his hand, Repp dodges past some commotion occurring in the cafeteria, trotting out onto the patio - recent scene of some commotion itself, and begins the quick jaunt back down to the lake on foot.
There is no sign of Ginni at the lake or anywhere within his current view.

Repp stops short and glances around. She had been here not five minutes ago, and she had seemed too calm and too hungry to just wander off without her breakfast. He hurries to the spot he had left her, still tightly gripping the cinnamon rolls he had retrieved for them. He could at least track her - the ground was pretty soft this morning from the downpour the previous day.


Male Grimspawn Daemonic Sorcerer 6/Warlock 16/Harrower 10
Spells Per Day:
1st: 9/9 2nd: 9/9 3rd: 8/8 4th: 8/8 5th: 8/8 6th: 7/7 7th: 7/7 8th: 4/4

After giving a cheerful wave to Jeran, Iolth jauntily walks out of the infirmary, whistling a merry tune. Touching one of the walls for directions, Iolth looks at the appearing arrow with mild curiosity as it changes colors rapidly. And then, the arrow explodes in Iolth's face, covering it in soot.

[Blink]

[Blink]

"Ummm... Okay, then."

Using a minor prestigidiation to clean himself up, Iolth wanders the school, slightly ruffled-and bumps into a young aasimar-probably peri-blooded.. "Oh, hello! Didn't see you there. Do you know the way to the office? One of the guide arrows blew up in my face..."

Anyone who was monitoring the hallway that Iolth was in notes that the arrow exploded due to contact with large amounts of exotic arcane energy, very similar to what Keaton uses.


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14

Ehos plops back down next to Jaiye, snagging her as-of-yet untouched veggies. 'Mind if I have these? Not enough time to line up for breakfast again before the bell goes.' He asks from the datapad as he sets that down on a place where it would be easy for Jaiye to read.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Raelle del Sol wrote:

Morrivan's tears were starting to slow and she was mostly just trying to breathe after so much sobbing when the tray of hot chocolate came in.

"Wow, they already know you pretty well in here...that mug looks like it has more marshmallows than hot chocolate....would you like some? I mean, it's okay to be sad, but I'm pretty sure it's also okay to not be sad all the time."

Ardiente cautiously sniffed at the mugs that had been brought for him and Raelle. He could smell the oily notes in the dark-coloured liquid. The nurse had assured them it was safe for Firebirds. It smelled sweet though. He wasn't sure he liked the sweet smell.

He handed a cup to Raelle as she spoke with Morrivan. He wasn't sure what else he could say to help her though. He had spoke his peace earlier, and that had seemed to help. "What is this stuff anyway?" he asked, now that Morrivan had her cup too. Ardiente seemed hesitant to even sip at his own cup. For all his bravery and bravado, to be defeated by a lowly mug of sweet drink...


Male Half fiend/half giant 16 Gunslinger (pistolero)/16 Barbarian (Brutal Pugilist)

Doesn't say a word to the new arrival as he walks out of the infirmary. After he leaves he walks into the room Jeran is in.
"What was his story?"


Iolth Taknith wrote:

Using a minor prestigidiation to clean himself up, Iolth wanders the school, slightly ruffled-and bumps into a young aasimar-probably peri-blooded.. "Oh, hello! Didn't see you there. Do you know the way to the office? One of the guide arrows blew up in my face..."

Anyone who was monitoring the hallway that Iolth was in notes that the arrow exploded due to contact with large amounts of exotic arcane energy, very similar to what Keaton uses.

"Trouble with the arrows?" comes a knowing voice from behind Iolth. As he turns, he will see a tallish human male with shaggy, unkempt blonde hair. At this man's side, belted to his waist, are several pouches which looks like they likely contain spell components. He's wearing robes which are a mis-mash of different colours all worked together - seeming almost patchwork in their arrangement, but obviously done by a master tailor, it somehow seems to work.

"Where are you trying to go again?" asks the young man... and oddly, his eyes never seem to actually fix on Iolth... or anything for that matter. They seem to dart here and there, as if unsure where to look, or as if they were tracking movement that wasn't really there. It could be very unsettling if someone was sensitive enough.


Male Grimspawn Daemonic Sorcerer 6/Warlock 16/Harrower 10
Spells Per Day:
1st: 9/9 2nd: 9/9 3rd: 8/8 4th: 8/8 5th: 8/8 6th: 7/7 7th: 7/7 8th: 4/4

"The main office. I'm enrolling here to get some more control of my abilities-much to the relief of the megaverse at large, I'm sure. Name's Iolth, Apocalyptic Catastrophe Waiting to Happen. What's yours?"

As Vare's eyes wander over the two decks at Iolth's side, he can feel raw power rolling off them. They seem to be merely an extension of Iolth, though one appears to have sentience.

DC 15 Arcana or Spellcraft:

It's clear that the wards didn't malfunction randomly. The strange power Iolth's giving off probably screwed it up.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
Melody Waverider wrote:

Mel is about to do a scan but stops. the room is too cold right now. she goes and sits beside him.

Tybs, I know it hurts right now, but its not the end, your story isn't over. Dave is confused, he doesn't realize what you mean to him, not yet.

She scooches up next to him.

Ya know, sometimes part of loving someone, is letting go, letting him come to the realization of what he has and what he can loose. but to be there when they are ready. you were ready, but he was not, but he will be. that's something you have to believe in. and, well believe it or not, I know, you are one cool cat. And no matter much you try and freeze me out, I won't give up on ya. so you don't give up on me, or Dave.

Mel puts her hands on his cheeks pulling his head up to look in his eyes, you just gotta have faith.

And one last thing, it is really friggin cold in here!

He stays silent as Melody speaks to him.

The ice is still moving out, but it takes a small break on the speed it has.
She pulls his head up and he averts his eyes, not wanting to look her in in the eyes.
"I'm sorry Mel..."
Is all he says.
He doesn't look at her, but he doesn't put his head back in either, so progress...


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Miss Jones wrote:
David.De'Foul wrote:

He looks somewhat stricken at the statement referring to Tybalt, the infirmary, and why he was there which is then followed by a grimace at the thought of the meditation class and psychologist sessions bah he thinks waste of time, I could be spending that time learning or building things, and now it's to be wasted a small flash of resentment flares accross his mind before being clamped down uppon "yes," he says neutrally "history was removed to make room for such"

At her final statements he looks confused "what do you mean, in what way is it ironic, and for what to I have to atone that others will allow me to do do" he says, head cocked to the side
She sighed. "It was ironic because I am not known for being demonstrative when it comes to emotion. As for the rest...You cannot see it yet, but take it from someone who has crossed that line in the past. You are at the beginning of a path that goes places you don't yet believe yourself capable of. If you continue to ignore your emotional problems you will find yourself traveling down that path. If you travel down that path you will either end up embracing it and becoming a villain in truth or you will end up realizing your errors after you have done something unforgivable. The sort of thing you can never fully atone for. That is what I was saying. Do try to pay more attention. This is your best chance to correct your course and become the person you wish to be. Don't waste it, Mr. De'Foul."

dave looks her in the eyes "how ... How can I do this?"


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Vai Sunwake wrote:
"Hi." The sudden appearance of Vai is surprising to Rena, who had been focused overly on Fei himself. Her tone his cold and flat, and her posture is defensive - she's protecting Fei from this new female who is so obviously enamored of her boyfriend. Her wings have made a return and one is outstretched, partially blocking Fei from Rena's view. "I'm Vai, his girlfriend." she says coldly, the tray of food held in one hand trembling slightly.

Fei raises his hand slightly, just above the 'cover' of Vai's wing, realizing where this conversation will go if he does not clarify things rather quickly.

"Vai..."

Rena, the Companion wrote:

"Oh, Vai!" Rena replies, a little confused at her friend's tone. "It's me, Rena!" she says brightly, trying to deflect Vai's blunt anger with a cheery smile and pushing her chest out slightly at the other girl.

Vai gets a somewhat confused look on her face, the anger fading away slightly. "Why are you hitting on my boyfriend?" she asks tersely, with a note of confusion now laced into her voice.

Rena beams back at her. "Well, that's because he's very beautiful and I wanted him to have sex with me." At this, Vai splutters slightly, blushing with both anger at embarassment at Rena's candidness. Her wing rises slightly at that though, blocking Fei from view a little more.

His raised hand now being the only thing readily visible behind Vai's wing, he tries to politely interject again before things escalate even further.

"Excuse me...If I..."

Rena, the Companion wrote:

Rena presses on with her campaign of bright cheerfulness, taking a step closer to Vai. "Oh don't worry Vai, he told me that you two were in a relationship. I think I understand what that means in regards to sex. And you are very cute too. Maybe, since Fei can't do any touching, we could have fun together and he could watch? Even just watching could be alot of fun, and since you'd both be there it wouldn't be a violation of your relationship, right?" Rena asks happily, glancing at Fei over Vai's now-drooping wing with a wide smile.

Vai seems to be completely taken aback by the bold suggestion, having gone a little pale, her wings drooping down to once again including Fei in the conversation.

[Blink, Blink]

"Um.............." (=o_O=)

While the young monk has been educated in the arts of diplomacy, he is now having....a moment of difficulty...trying to remember when (if ever) he received any instruction on how to 'diffuse' a situation specifically like this. Knowing that silence would most likely not be an option here, he tries to reply in a way that will still respect Vai's privacy in these matters.

"I....am afraid that even just seeing such a spectacle would...damage...my calm, just as surely as being a participant in it. And then damage everyone and everything around me."


Image
Tyrrin Denulia wrote:


"I see..." Tyrrin replies thoughtfully, looking Ori over carefully as if her physique might provide some clue to the puzzle. "An elementary school student, is it? And this... Spirit World. It sounds like a subplane, similar to the Shadow Plane or the Ethereal Plane. I wonder if a similar spell to Ethereal Jaunt could be researched to access such a place. Interesting."

"If this being is indeed a Kami... it is likely the destruction of it's Ward which has angered it. Do you have any idea what that might entail?" Tyrrin asked academically, again looking at Ori as if she were a problem to be solved and not a person truly.

"Oh, I know exactly what angered him. The destruction of his Grove. He called them his children. The trees of the grove, I mean. He was imprisoned when it was destroyed. He got his revenge on the people that did it, through me. But he's still imprisoned, his grove is still gone, and whenever I lose my temper he takes over my body and destroys stuff. Not really sure how to fix it yet. Though I was going to speak to Professor Agave about the possibility of creating a new grove on the school grounds. I'm not actually sure how to do that either, but one problem at a time....and I must say, you're going to have to work on your bedside manner as it were. You're a bit off-putting when you get all wrapped up in the scholarly aspect of a problem like that. I still have feelings you know...for that matter so does Kryshyykilli'vkk."


Image
Repp, the Bleached wrote:
Ginni wrote:
Repp, the Bleached wrote:
A brace of cinnamon rolls held firmly in his hand, Repp dodges past some commotion occurring in the cafeteria, trotting out onto the patio - recent scene of some commotion itself, and begins the quick jaunt back down to the lake on foot.
There is no sign of Ginni at the lake or anywhere within his current view.
Repp stops short and glances around. She had been here not five minutes ago, and she had seemed too calm and too hungry to just wander off without her breakfast. He hurries to the spot he had left her, still tightly gripping the cinnamon rolls he had retrieved for them. He could at least track her - the ground was pretty soft this morning from the downpour the previous day.

There are already several sets of footprints around the lake. Separating out which ones belong to Ginni is going to be a very difficult task indeed.


Image
Ehos Denulia wrote:
Ehos plops back down next to Jaiye, snagging her as-of-yet untouched veggies. 'Mind if I have these? Not enough time to line up for breakfast again before the bell goes.' He asks from the datapad as he sets that down on a place where it would be easy for Jaiye to read.

"Be my guest...Tyrrin isn't here to scold me and you know how much I hate those things," she grinned.


Image
Ardiente wrote:


Ardiente cautiously sniffed at the mugs that had been brought for him and Raelle. He could smell the oily notes in the dark-coloured liquid. The nurse had assured them it was safe for Firebirds. It smelled sweet though. He wasn't sure he liked the sweet smell.

He handed a cup to Raelle as she spoke with Morrivan. He wasn't sure what else he could say to help her though. He had spoke his peace earlier, and that had seemed to help. "What is this stuff anyway?" he asked, now that Morrivan had her cup too. Ardiente seemed hesitant to even sip at his own cup. For all his bravery and bravado, to be defeated by a lowly mug of sweet drink...

Morrivan smiled. It was a tired smile, but nevertheless a huge improvement.

"You should see the look on your face right now," she said hoarsely. "It's just chocolate. Raelle absolutely loves the stuff. Personally I think it's a great excuse to eat half melted marshmallows," she added holding up her mug of marshmallows with a little hot chocolate.


Iolth Taknith wrote:

"The main office. I'm enrolling here to get some more control of my abilities-much to the relief of the megaverse at large, I'm sure. Name's Iolth, Apocalyptic Catastrophe Waiting to Happen. What's yours?"

As Vare's eyes wander over the two decks at Iolth's side, he can feel raw power rolling off them. They seem to be merely an extension of Iolth, though one appears to have sentience.
** spoiler omitted **

Once again, Iolth gets the impression that Vare isn't actually seeing him. He can't be blind though, with the surety of the way he walks and the way his eyes seem searching. Still, there is a distinct impression that Vare is looking either right though Iolth or at something entirely different from the tiefling standing there.

As for the man himself though, he smiles at Iolth's introduction. "Well, I believe you've come to the right place then, Iolth, though I believe you'll have to get your catastrophe in line - we're up to our quota for this particular..." The odd man seems to drift off mid-sentence, distracted by something in the hallway behind Iolth. If the tiefling turns to look, he sees nothing at all that might have pulled away the man's interest.

After a moment, lucidity seems to return to this madman, and he shakes his head. "My name is Vare, I teach Conjuration magic here at the school. I can help you to find the Headmaster's office if you like. He typically handles registration."

67,301 to 67,350 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1342 | 1343 | 1344 | 1345 | 1346 | 1347 | 1348 | 1349 | 1350 | 1351 | 1352 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.