Tales of the Royal Archaeological Society, Group 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Doomed Hero

In a land built on the ruins of ruins, the dawn of a new era creates a drive to uncover lost history. The Royal Archaeological Society fears no dungeon!


51 to 100 of 752 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Vitals:
  • Regular: AC 17, Tch 13, Flat 14 -- HP 33 -- F/R/W 7/3/2 -- CMB/D 6/19
  • Raging : AC 15, Tch 11, Flat 12 -- HP 39 -- F/R/W 9/3/4 -- CMB/D 8/19
  • Skills:
  • Phys Skills: Acro 5, Climb 4, Percep 10, Surv 6
  • Mental Skills: Appraise 7, Ling 8, Know(Dungeon) 8, Know(Eng,Geo,Hist,Relig) 6
  • Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Shoanti
  • Human Barbarian (Elemenal Kin) 1 - Fighter (Lore Warden) 2

    "Bladud, let me help you get down there...but don't take long because I don't plan on leaving you down there alone for long!" Brak calls as he holsters his hammer and goes for the rope Bladud is using, hoping to brace himself somewhere and help lower his companion down.


    Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

    Bladud nods in response, "Knew I liked'ya! See ya at'tha bottom!"

    He waits just long enough for Brak'kadur to get a firm grip and footing before he sprints for the opening. Hoping to avoid a total collapse, he (baseball) slides the last couple of feet. Momentum carries him a few feet out over the gap before he seems to slow then plummet down into the blackness.

    I can't think of anything to help that set of actions except Acro (not trying to do anything specific, but maybe a good Acro will help reduce the deterioration of the crumbling floor as he slides past an off it and into the hole?)
    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

    A huge chunk of the ground along the rim of the hole collapses dropping Bladud down into the pit much sooner than he anticipated. The hole, originally big enough to swallow two men, suddenly tripled in size.

    Bladud managed to control his fall as the ground dropped out from under him, but the problem with looking before you leap is not being sure where you might land.

    In this case, Bladud found himself falling through a tangle of thick, sticky cords. He didn't even hit the ground. A ways below him he could see another man tangled in the webbing as well, his long coat over his head, blinding him. The other man struggled against the webbing but wasn't making much headway. To make matters worse, Bladud has just dropped a few hundred pounds of dirt on top of him and much of it was now caught in the webbing as well. Bladud could hear muffled curses in a rasping language.

    The ground was perhaps fifty feet down. The fallen rubble partially covered the pebble-light reducing it's glow from a torch to a candle. What was left of the light revealed a man with an obviously broken leg staring in fear into the darkness of a corredor that made a sharp turn out of site. From his high angle Bladud couldn't see what was lurking in the dark but it had the injured man terrified.

    Up above, Brak waited for a jolt on the rope that never came. Bladud hadn't reached the end of the line.

    Well that's one way to do it...


    "Wait!" Bal yelled as Bladud sprinted forward and fell out of sight, widening the hole further.

    He sighed. "Surveyors. Why are they all insane?"


    Fala shook her head and rubbed her face as though pained.

    "You alright down there?" she called out.

    Dark Archive

    Vitals:
  • Regular: AC 17, Tch 13, Flat 14 -- HP 33 -- F/R/W 7/3/2 -- CMB/D 6/19
  • Raging : AC 15, Tch 11, Flat 12 -- HP 39 -- F/R/W 9/3/4 -- CMB/D 8/19
  • Skills:
  • Phys Skills: Acro 5, Climb 4, Percep 10, Surv 6
  • Mental Skills: Appraise 7, Ling 8, Know(Dungeon) 8, Know(Eng,Geo,Hist,Relig) 6
  • Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Shoanti
  • Human Barbarian (Elemenal Kin) 1 - Fighter (Lore Warden) 2

    Brak kept waiting for the hard pull of the rope as Bladud either came close to the ground...or hit it. The fact that it never came was surprising until he heard random muffled curses from below. Bladud! You still alive down there? What's going on?

    Brak peeks into the hole as much as his balance will allow...

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


    Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

    Bladud grunts and gives a few test yanks with his arms and legs, testing the strength of the webbing while also being as careful as possible to avoid getting further entangled. ”A’m fine! Stook in’a right sticky web!”

    Strength check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

    If that proves futile, the highlander pops a small stone flask from one of the pouches on his bandolier, uncorking it with his thumb. He begins pouring acid on what look to be key binding points of the entangling web, hoping to burn his way to free-falling freedom.

    Actions/blue text:
    Swift to draw acid flask, standard to use it on the web, hoping to burn through webbing points that look to be more load-bearing than others.

    As he works, he roars at the object of the broken-legged man's fear, "YOO SODDEN SHADOW-WELP! WONTCHA TRY'AN MAKE A MEAL OUTTA SOMETHIN THAHT CAN BITE BACK!"


    Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

    Torgan gathers the planks at the wagons and helps them move to the site as quick as possible cooperating with others to make sure the same accident does not happen again.


    AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

    The Viking dwarf helps Torgan at the wagon, axe slung across the back and at the ready, figuring that battle is likely but its better to be doing some support work at this point.


    Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

    Lyla's breath catches in her throat as Bladud plunges down the hole, concern for her friend filling her despite the fact that he was well equipped to handle many of the most dangerous things she'd ever encountered.

    "We might be dealing with a giant trap spider that rigged this to catch prey." she shouts to the others present. "If you can keep enough light on them it might shy back and stay in the shadows!"


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Torgan and Hal quickly re-stack the fallen planks and take over lifting the stack. They are heavy. Its easy to see how a misstep caused the workers to drop them.

    They start slowly waddling up the hill with their heavy load, the workers grabbing a second, smaller stack from the quartermaster's tent and following.

    You two are under Heavy load. Please give me a DC 5 Acro (balance) check to avoid dropping the planks when you start to cross the uneven ground.


    Noros hustled with his big coil of rope and dropped it near the tree.

    "What do ya need, Bal?"


    "Time! There's something down there! We need to move faster. Hell, I don't know. Normally this is where I'd be asking Jonas if he has any tricks up his sleeve." Bal said rushing to the tree to start measuring out the rope.


    "I might have something!" the dwarf says running back down the hill as fast as his stubby legs can go.


    Fala looked to the others who hadn't moved, who seemed, like her, unsure of what to do.

    "Any of you familiar with unstable ground? Know what to look for? Where's the most stable side? We need an approach."

    Knowledge: Dungeoneering DC 15 or Perception DC 20 to spot the stable parts.

    If anyone wants to move near the sink hole it will require Balance checks based on weight and how fast you decide to move.

    Spotting the stable areas first and/or moving on a plank will give significant bonuses


    HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
    Abilities:
    Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
    Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

    After hearing Lyla's warning, Cadeyrn touches the rope that Bladud is hanging from.
    "Time to make a bigger light then."
    He then proceeds to cast to Light on the rope, which starts to glow.
    I'm not certain about the mechanics of light, but normally the whole rope should be giving off light, which will at least be more than the previously thrown rock
    He will also try and look for stable parts Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


    Female Human Bard (Archaeologist) 1/ Oracle of Lore 2 HP: 12/16, AC:17, Touch 14, FF 13, Fort: +0 Reflex:+6 Will:+5

    Lyla's eyes scan the area of the sinkhole, but it is simply what she sees in front of her, the wealth of flowing knowledge for now stemmed.

    Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
    Knowledge Dungeoneering1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Unfortunately Lyla can't spot anywhere that seems more stable than any other. It all seems dangerous. It reminds her of stories of desert creatures that create funnels out of sand made to give way and pull things in once the threshold is crossed. The whole situation is very worrisome.


    Male Half-Orc Cleric of Loki 3 HP:0/27 AC:16/10/16 Will:+5 Ref:+1 Fort:+5 Init:+0 (+2 underground)Perc:+2, darkvision 90ft

    Torgan moved carefully carrying the planks across uneven ground.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Cadeyrn has better luck.

    A quick scan spots the tangle of webbing on the far side of the hole. It occurs to him that it might help give some stability to the ground in that area.


    Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
    Stats:
    AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

    Dvalin waddles up the hill with a plank or two and looks for unstable ground at the request of Fala. Not finding any, he keeps delivering planks.

    Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


    AC 17 Touch 13, Flatfoot 14 (+4 AC vs Giants)|HP 16(10)/[30] Init +3 | BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 17 Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Initiative + 3 Perc +8 (+9 for traps +10 for stone +11 stone trap), SM +6 Dwarf Male Rogue/3rd (Favoured)

    Hallvarðr works with Dvalin, delivering planks in a no nonsense manner.


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Down in the hole, Bladud left behind cloth and a little hair and skin, but managed to tear free of most of the webbing.

    He tumbled downward, half caught, half supported by the sticky strands and ended up in the canopy formed by the man with the coat over his head. Whoever he was, he didn't seem to have the strength neccessary to break free.


    As Bladud bumped him, the man with the coat over his head lashed out blindly, a spray of torrential water bursting forth from one of his hands.

    "Back! I will not be anything's dinner today!"

    Miss Chance (below 50 hits): 1d100 ⇒ 49
    Bull Rush: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Woah. Bladud's CMD is 19. That's a success margin of 20, so the water slams him back 25 feet. There's only 15 feet to move, so he's pressed up against the wall for a bit before the water runs out.

    Bladud, please make a DC 16 Reflex save as you are pushed back through the webs to avoid being tangled up again. If you make it you are still able to move slowly through the webs. Keep in mind you are still 30 feet above the ground. You are now soaking wet.

    Below them, the injured man scuttled backwards as best he could as an enormous horror squeezed itself out of the darkened tunnel.

    It was a spider the size of an ox.

    It reached forward slowly with it's foreleg and gently touched the injured man's boot. Then it yanked him ten feet across the ground and into it's shortsword sized mandibles.

    Up above, the whole camp heard the skin chilling scream.


    Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

    Nár, thank you for now. Dorian says as his otherworldly butler disappears. Immediately afterwards another small portal opens from which 1d3 ⇒ 1 celestial eagles fly out. Equipped with vision in the dark and flight they ought to be good foes for whatever dwells down there.
    There is a giant spider down that hole, I want you to vanquish it and return to me. Thank you friend(s)


    Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

    reflex DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16; skin o’ ma teeth!

    Bludad sputters flails, but is able to somehow stay barely out of the spider’s webs. ”I’m ‘ere to help you. Stop with’tha water-works.”

    When the spray resides, he begins picking his way down to the injured and en-spidered man… yelling at the spider the whole way. ”OI! SPIDER! PUT’IM DOWN OR I’LL STUFF YER MANDIBLES INTO YER ARSE!”

    He carefully makes his way towards the spider.


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Climb check please, Bladud.

    The eagle swoops into the hole to attack.

    Dorian, please roll me a Reflex save vs the webs, an attack and a Fly check for your Eagle. Quarters are cramped and full of tangled webbing down there. Flying is difficult.


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Dvalin grabs two planks of the top of the stack and rushes them to the top. Cad points out the solid side and he and Dvalin carefully lay down the first plank. Two more and it should be enough to get someone to the edge.


    "Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I thought you may have been a spider. Honest mistake. Can you see? What is happening?"


    Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

    Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


    Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

    Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
    Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15, Dmg 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    Fly check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


    HP: 25/27 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 CMD:17 | Will: +5, Ref: +5, Fort: +5 | Init: +2 Perc: +2 | Effects: none
    Abilities:
    Lvl 1 spells 1/6 | Iron Weapon 3/5
    Male Half-Orc Oracle lvl 3 (Metal Mystery)

    "After we lay down 2 more planks, I'm going to the edge. It seems to be getting nasty down there."


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    The eagle just can't avoid the webbing and ends up snagged, looking much like an overgrown fly.

    Strength or Escape Artist checks are next for the poor eagle.

    Bladud, you're moving at 1/4 speed (webbing and climbing both reduce movement), so your whole turn is going to be spent getting to the ground, unless you want to risk the falling damage.

    Im going to give the rest of the group a few more hours to respond, then take the spider's next action.


    Half-orc Oracle 15 | HP: 153 | AC: 31/19/28 | CMD: 40/37 | F+15 R+14 W+15 | Per +20 Init +7 (x3)

    Actually, I'm fine taking fallng damage if it means getting to the man and spider quicker. I just want to avoid webbing. If he can fall and miss webbing, he'd definitely do that.


    Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

    str check to burst free: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

    Should I be making checks for whatever the elemental is up too trying to protect the wounded down there? He exists here for 3 minutes.


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Yes, take an action for the elemental. He sunk into the ground last "round" and is now in place to take action on the ground inside the pit.


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Bladud Acro (jump) DC 17 to clear the webs: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

    Bladud Acro (jump) DC 15 to reduce fall damage by 10 feet: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

    Nicely done.

    Bladud pushed off mightily and cleared the thickest part of the webbing. He hit the the ground like a large cat, ready to move forward to engage the spider who was savaging the injured man. A few feet away in the tight confines, a small vaguely humanoid shape rose from the ground.

    GM Rolls:

    Fort Save DC 16 (last round): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
    1d4 ⇒ 3
    1d4 ⇒ 2

    Escape Artist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
    Drag: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

    Fort Save DC 16 (this round): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

    Escape Artist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    The spider had the wounded man firmly in it's grasp, pumping venom into his body. The man thrashed twice and then seized up, making desperate clicking noises. He tried desperately to escape, but the spider was just too strong.

    The huge creature backed up into the corridor taking it's paralyzed pray with it, already beginning to wrap the man in sticky webs as it moved.

    Bladud and the Elemental have a full round action. Then we're going to give everyone else a chance to get down here.


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Up above planks were laid down as quickly as possible. The first three went straight to the edge, then the team began laying them out in an overlapping circle around the hole.

    By now most of the camp was gathered, doing what they could to help.

    Cadeyrn, you are now able to reach the edge. The planks lower the balance check to avoid causing a collapse down to 10. Please give me a roll when you take your action.

    If you fail, you will fall in and will need to make a DC 16 Reflex save to see whether the webs catch you.

    If you make it you can look down and try to plan your descent, which will give you a +5 bonus to the save to avoid the webbing.


    "I got a potion of Spider Climbing, and a scroll of Levitation!" The quartermaster says holding his prizes aloft and huffing as he runs back up the hill.

    He'll pass them to whoever speaks first.


    Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

    I shall take that scroll, thank you
    Thinking he would not be able to control the movement of what he cannot see he uses the scroll. Drawing it's arcane might around himself, as he lowers himself 20ft downward safely, after first making a quick spot for webs.1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

    Meanwhile the little rock valiantly tries to defend the envenomed man by charging* at the spider.
    1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19, 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

    And the fly in the web tries to break loose 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    if he can move and attack he does so instead, I don't know how many feet apart they are. rolls are without the +2 from charging

    Dark Archive

    Vitals:
  • Regular: AC 17, Tch 13, Flat 14 -- HP 33 -- F/R/W 7/3/2 -- CMB/D 6/19
  • Raging : AC 15, Tch 11, Flat 12 -- HP 39 -- F/R/W 9/3/4 -- CMB/D 8/19
  • Skills:
  • Phys Skills: Acro 5, Climb 4, Percep 10, Surv 6
  • Mental Skills: Appraise 7, Ling 8, Know(Dungeon) 8, Know(Eng,Geo,Hist,Relig) 6
  • Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Shoanti
  • Human Barbarian (Elemenal Kin) 1 - Fighter (Lore Warden) 2

    Not trying to be greedy, but I'll take the potion please! I can get down there pretty quickly to help Bladud out and maybe help get you down after.

    Brak downs the potion and begins his descent.

    I'd like to grab it, drink it, move my 40 speed down the hole and drop the last 10 if possible so I can be ready to attack/defend. I think that would be two rounds, with potential attack on the third. Sound right?

    Acro, Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 awesome rolls...


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Go ahead and check the map. It should give you a better idea of distances.

    Spider AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

    The spider lashes out with a fast stab, but it's leg chips off the elemental, scoring it's rocky skin but dealing no significant damage.

    The elemental slides past the struggling man in front of the spider, and swings from partially inside the earthen wall.

    It's stone fist slams into one of the spider's forelegs, cracking chiton. The big predator hakes a hissing screech and pulls back the injured leg.

    Up above, Dorian didn't pick a great place to lower himself down. He realized to late that the webs were closer together than he thought. If he kept going, he'd risk getting himself caught.

    You can either take your changes with a Reflex save (+2 bonus from a controlled fall), or you can make another perception check to find a clear spot and try to figure out how to move yourself laterally to that point. Also, please choose where you'd like to be making your descent on the map so I can add you to it.


    Male Male Half-Ork Summoner3 (HP 16/21 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +5 | CMD:17 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+3 | Will:+2| Init:+4 | Perc: +0 | Speed 30)

    C20, so as to be able to cut my eagle loose. And I'll take my chances, perception is not Dorian's forté.
    1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


    Loot Tracker Current Map
    Brak'kadur wrote:

    Brak downs the potion and begins his descent.

    I'd like to grab it, drink it, move my 40 speed down the hole and drop the last 10 if possible so I can be ready to attack/defend. I think that would be two rounds, with potential attack on the third. Sound right?

    Oh, this is gong to be fun…

    How much ground falls?: 1d6 ⇒ 3

    Brak chugs the potion and moves over the edge.

    Unfortunately, the underside of the sinkhole wasn't supported by the planks. The magic held Brak to it, but he was only able to crawl about five feet when another chunk of earth gave way beneath his weight. Suddenly he was in free-fall.

    Up on top where Cadeyrn stood, about ready to make his own descent, the ground beneath the planks was suddenly gone. The plank slipped forward and tumbled over the edge.

    Cad Reflex (fall): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

    Cad went with it.

    Cad Reflex (web): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

    But he didn't fall far. Brak was below him, caught in the net already. The two warriors slammed together painfully

    Damage, Brak: 1d4 ⇒ 4
    Damage, Cad: 1d4 ⇒ 2

    Then the plank slammed into Cad from above, painfully pushing the pair further down into the webbing.

    Damage, Cad: 1d6 ⇒ 4

    When their shuddering descent finally stopped they found themselves bound together awkwardly, Brak sideways and Cad upside down, both wedged firmly along side the plank.

    Cad looked around and realized his axe hung in the webbing about 10 feet above him…

    Oh, those wonderful, wonderful 1s


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    Below Brak and Cad, the mass of earth that had fallen crashed down on Bladud.

    Bladud Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Oh noez…

    Thud.

    Bladud was suddenly gone.

    Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

    You are Prone beneath a pile of earth.


    Loot Tracker Current Map

    This is becoming a comedy of errors. :)

    Everyone who was laying planks, please make a DC 10 reflex save to see if you were in an unlucky spot when the latest collapse happened.

    Worker Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    Worker Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
    Bal reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

    One of the workers was too close to the edge. He tried to reach out and grab someone, but he was too slow.

    Was he roped in (above 50 is yes): 1d100 ⇒ 66

    Luckily he had roped in before laying planks close to the edge.

    Reflex, web: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

    Unluckily, he ended up in the webbing, just above Cad.

    Another plank tumbled down into the mass, hanging awkwardly.


    Loot Tracker Current Map
    Dorian Maule wrote:

    C20, so as to be able to cut my eagle loose. And I'll take my chances, perception is not Dorian's forté.

    1d20+5

    Hanging there in midair as people and planks tumbled down into the spiderwebs around him, Dorian was suddenly very glad he'd picked the scroll.

    He reached down and helped his eagle friend.

    Eagle's Escape Artist (aided): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24

    It latched onto his front with it's talons, hanging on for dear life and leaving feathers behind in the sticky strands.

    Your eagle is now free.


    Dwarven Ranger HP 14/14 | Roll with it 2/2
    Stats:
    AC 15, T 10, FF 15 | Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0, +2 vs Spells | Init +0 | Perception +4 & Darkvision

    Reflex DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

    Laying a plank, Dvalin is content to see the camp mobilized building the planks. Stepping away from the edge, he gets out and starts to put on his climbing kit: it's a webbed Swiss seat with carabiners at the appropriate technology and inventors. He looks for an anchor for his 100-ft rope. Failing that he looks for a couple of stout guards to act as anchors.

    Perception take 10+10=20 to find an anchor

    51 to 100 of 752 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Ruins! All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.