Starfinder Defense Force (Inactive)

Game Master Edward Sobel

A homebrew Starfinder game


101 to 150 of 161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

Aid: Computers/Engineering: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Kek has the same bonus in each, and is untrained in both - not sure if Kek can thus aid...

...looks like Kek is useless here...


Android Soldier 2 (Bombard) HP 16/16, SP 18/18 RP 4/4 EAC 15 EAC 17 Init+3 Fort+4 Ref+3 Will+3

engineering to aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Rerouting reserve power to thrusters.


M Human Operative 2

pilot to aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

Hang on, I thought Stagg was flying this crate!?!? I didn't see an option to Aid with Piloting, otherwise I would have. Wouldn't have made a lot of difference I guess...


with a little effort and some tricky maneuvers, you are able to hone in on the weak distress signal and avoid any pirates or space goblins.

approaching the ship originating the signal, It looks almost like a derelict ship. it seems to have no power at all. the orbit appears to have decays somewhat and it's just a matter of time before it crashes onto the surface.

if you want, the Phantom is equipped with the ability to tap into the other ship's computer but it will be a DC 15 computer check

computers check DC 15:

a faint life signal is picked up from on board the ship, it appears that there is someone still alive in the medical bay maintained by a weak battery back-up.

As you approach closer to the derelict ship...

perception DC 12:

you can make out figures in space suits standing on the outside hull of the ship. they are not moving. Just standing there


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

Computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
K’teskt Valls over his shoulder, ”Somebody’s still in there! I’ve picked up weak life signs from that ship’s medical bay. They must have been the one who set off the distress signal.” A few moments later, he leans into a display. ”Whoever’s down there, they aren’t alone. Looks like there’s a group of people in space suits on the hull of the ship.”


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Antennae twitching, Kek nods. A trick Kek learned from humans.

"K'teskt speaks true. Moreover, the figures are not moving. Odd."


will move things along tomorrow


sorry guys, crazy past few days, unexpected delays

The Phantom maneuvers closer. approaching a docking port along side the drop command ship.

to those keeping a lookout as the ship docks... you can see some of the figure on the outside of the ship begin moving.

perception DC 15:

the people in the space suits have no helmets, their faces are covered in space ice. their skin pale and ashen.

they seem to be wearing magnetic boots to keep them attached to the hull.

some seem to be moving toward a maintenance hatch.

reference picture


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
His antennae now flicking rapidly back and forth, K’teskt turns to the rest of the crew. ”I don’t know if there was something weird in my field rations, but it looks to me like those people in the suits are dead. And some of them are headed for a maintenance hatch.” K’teskt points out the moving figures.


M Human Operative 2

"Greaaaaat. Ok, heavies, get ready."


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

No probs Edward!

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Kek becomes agitated, either with anticipation or being unable to make out clearer details.

"Walking...dead? Perhaps they are not inside the ship...yet. We might prevent them gaining access?"


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

"I will go and see." says Fenrus as he cycles the airlock and steps outside without a suit. He then begins flying towards the beings in suits.


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

K’teskt makes sure he has his rifle on hand before they finish docking.


Fenris, kind of wondering about your action, going out into space without a suit? I don't see any effect or equipment you have that would prevent you from, well, maybe dying in space


M Human Operative 2

I was just trying to formulate what Stagg would say upon seeing something so insane.


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

I don't see anything either, but his background story seems to suggest an ability of some kind...


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

Star Shaman Mystics have an ability called Walk the Void which makes them immune to vacuum and gives them a fly speed of 20' in space.


M Human Operative 2

Fair enough!

"HOLY G&&@@! F~@+ING S**~EATING QUEEFGOBBLING S&&!!" Stagg curses fluently while finding a spacesuit.


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

Not completely discounting the something-weird-in-his-rations theory, K’teskt prepares to activate the environmental seals on his armour to disembark once the ship has docked.


ok, learn something new...

The ship docks without a hitch. Rex shares his observations in his robotic voice, Master, the ship has no life support systems in operation. However, as standard SDF protocol, the system should be simple enough to gain access to from here.

it will be a DC 20 computers check to hack into the drop ship's systems. the Phantom's systems grants a +2 bonus on the check

Melody arrives on station, currently the Phantom only has two space suits available for use, I recommend we proceed through the airlock and secure the drop ship bridge. assuming we can get life support back on line.

Fenris makes his way across the void of space toward the outer hull of the drop ship. from his new vantage point it seems that there are approximately 3 of these zombie like figures on the hull. they are wearing standard SDF issued gear and appear to have once been SDF marines. most likely before becoming their current state they were most likely trying to launch a navigational beacon satellite into orbit.

Fenris is about 20 feet away from the 3 zombie like figures around the maintenance hatch trying to manually override the lock to get it open. they appear to have not noticed Fenris at all.

any that chose to also follow Fenris will have the same info and be at approximately the same location. as stated there are only two space suits available.


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

Ok, learning curve, Starfinder-style. Kek has iridishell armour, which I'm assuming does not have atmospheric/vacuum capabilities. Can he put a spacesuit on over that? Assuming he can, can we retcon that he was donning said spacesuit before we stopped? If not, he can watch from inside...


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

Computers: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16
"Just my luck. I'm having some trouble accessing the HVAC systems. If anyone else wants to have a go, I'd appreciate it." After failing to restore atmosphere to the other ship, K'teskt will try again if he can can't remember the retry rules, and if not then he draws his rifle and follows Fenrus.


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

I'm pretty sure that most armors have vacuum seals, although you might wanna double check that.


any computer check will have +2 from Melody's aid also the Phantom grants a +2 to all computer checks

ship stats


ok anyone want to do anything else? engage the space zombies? try to activate the ships life support?


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

Ok, if Kek's Iridishell armour has vacuum seals, Kek will follow K'teskt and Fenrus...


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

Fenrus will fire shooting stars at one of the undead.

Magic Missiles (Shooting Stars): 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) + 3 = 11


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

Taking position on the derelict ship, K’teskt takes a moment to use his exocortex to lock onto the zombie nearest to the hatch, takes aim with his rifle, and squeezes the trigger. Move action: Combat Tracking
Laser Rifle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Fire Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Fenrus and K both shoot at the zombie nearest the hatch and both hit. the thing is definately injured but still standing. the others turn toward the group and start to approach.

the wounded one remains by the hatch trying to open it.

the zombies all go last and can only tkae move or standard actions. as they approach that takes their entire turn.


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

Fenrus will draw his tactical baton and then attack the closest enemy.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage Roll: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

Though the approaching undead fascinate Kek, and obviously warrant an in depth and up-close investigation, Kek decides scoping one with a laser rifle and seeing if its insides can get outside and what that might look like might be just as interesting or, more to the point, prudent with regards to future safety of possible un-undead inhabitants of the space vessel Kek is currently gamboling about on. To whit: Kek shoots at the zombie by the hatch, but is possibly a bit distracted.

Round 1
Kwarpft!!!*: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 12 [+2 BAB, + 2 Dex, +1 weapon focus]
Zhweeoarr!!!*: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (2) = 7 [azimuth laser base dmj + fire] [Not sure how fire happens in vacuum of space]

Let me know if any of that attack math is in error

*Vacuum of space is silent, so apart from muted vibrations, only the gods or possibly Fenrus actually hear the awesome pew-pew of Kek's lazor!!!


M Human Operative 2

Stagg tries shooting as well. attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Fenris moves up toward an approaching zombie, but the vacuume of space makes the swing awkward and is unable to connect.

Kek, on the other hand, manages to fire a laser at the one by the hatch. and hits and with a small shower of sparks from the zombie's space suit, it stops moving and drifts off into space.

Stagg takes a shot at one of the remaining two zombies hitting it, but it only manages to damage its space suit.

a zombie now beside fenris tries to pound him.

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

but the slow movement of the zombie allows Fenris to easily dodge.

Party up again, Stagg did hit but his damage was absorbed by the space suit


M Human Operative 2

Would Stagg know if that was permanent or if he could wear it down?


an engineering check may be able to tell you something


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

Fenrus again swings his weapon at the nearby zombie.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage Roll: 1d4 ⇒ 3


M Human Operative 2

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Stagg tries to figure out if his pistol is useless against this suit.


Stagg Engineering:

the zombie's space suit has a minor force field to protect the wearer from the cold of space (assuming the person was living). while it does block some damage from energy weapons, it does have a limited resistance. perhaps another shot or two could destroy the field.

that will not kill the zombie but will make it easier to hit.


Fenris attacks again, with the second hit there are sparks as the zombie's space suit appears to be severely damaged.

the magnetic field around the boots of the space suit become de-energized and the zombie starts to drift away from the hull.


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

Fenrus waves at the zombie as he goes drifting off before turning his attention to the others.


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

Kek finds that zombies do inside have insides that can come outside, and tries to make it happen again, and, seeing as Fenrus has dispatched his irritant, fires at another by the hatch...

Round 2
Zhwee!!!*: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 23[+2 BAB, + 2 Dex, +1 weapon focus]
Fkoot!!!!: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + (6) = 11 [azimuth laser base dmj + fire]


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

K’teskt takes aim at the nearest zombie to the hatch and squeezes the trigger once again.
Azimuth Laser Rifle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


ok moving things along battle is over

The Phantom pulls along side of the SDF drop command ship. the docking air-lock must be operated manually the ships power is completely dead.

Mel turns to the group, I managed to get some minor life support operating. it seems at though there is damage to the primary power core. If we can get that running we should be able to restore everything else.

Once the airlock is open, the passageways are dark save a few emergency lights here and there. the whole ship has a very ominous look and feel.

I reckon that there is only about two hours of air available before I will be required to sever the power connection with the Phantom.


Shirren Spacefarer Soldier (Blitz) 2 // HP 20 // SP 18 // EAC 15 // KAC 18 // Fort +5 // Ref +2 // Will +4 // Init +6 // Resolve: 3 // Per: +5 // SPD: 35ft

Kek nods, and readies to enter. Then, if none else present, Kek will head in, spotlight in one hand and flare gun in the other.


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

K’teskt follows Kek, rifle still in hand.


M Human Operative 2

"OK, let's do this quick."


You make your way into the ship, Mortimer and Mel stay back at the phantom. with rex at the ready to lead a rescue if needed.

if you stay together you will only have time for one of the two options

option 1 head to the power core in engineering to make repairs or option 2 is to head to the cryo chamber where the only life readings were found.


Male Shirren Ace Pilot Mechanic 2 Init +2 | Per +5 (blindsense [vibrations] 30') | EAC 13, KAC 15 | SP 14/14, HP 12/12, RP 3/3 | Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

K’teskt opens up a communications channel with the rest of the group. ”Two hours isn’t enough to explore the whole ship. Doesn’t seem like we have any way to tell if there are more of those zombies on board, but that’s a risk we’ll have to take. I say we split up: I can go to engineering with someone else, and hopefully get the power back online. Everyone else can check out the life signature.”


TN Elf Mystic 2 Max HP: 16; Max SP: 10 | EAC: 16; KAC: 17 | Init: +3 | Fort +1; Ref: +3; Will: 6

"I will check on the living to see if they need aid."

101 to 150 of 161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / S.D.F mission room All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.