[SFS] GM-8574: 01-QUEST Into the Unknown - Part 1 (21 AUG 2017) - Table 1 (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Lillis

Blog post with rules cheat sheet!

The Odyssey!

Tabletop is here!

Other pertinent graphics and maps will be linked here in the header.


251 to 300 of 338 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

As a soldier, Obozaya would have heavy weapon proficiency.


I have mobility, so if you want to call me over to take over the gun emplacement I stand a decent chance of getting away from this thing unscathed. Someone else would have to step in to make sure it doesn't follow me, though. On the other hand, my doshko rolls the same damage die as the gun emplacement, and I get to add my strength modifier to the result, so the combat may be more successful and quicker if I stay toe-to-toe with this thing, while someone else (even non-proficient) provides the occasional lucky hit from it. (Or, if we don't like our chances of anyone else hitting with it, we aren't required to use it. 'Zaya isn't the brains of the operation, though, so let me know what you guys think, and I'll take my turn accordingly.


F Android Ace Pilot Operative-1 | HP10/10 SP6/6 RP5/5 | EAC14 KAC15 | F+2 R+6 W+2 | Init+5, Perception+5, Darkvision 60'

you're probably okay where you are, just try not to get hit


Obozaya carefully sidles her way closer to the creature, using the long end of her doshko to keep the claws and mandibles from crunching down on her as she gets right up next to it. Once she's close enough, she shifts her grip with a surprising quickness and rotates the weapon so that the enemy gets the spikes instead of the handle.

Doshko Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d120 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Icon Envoy 1 [EAC 12; KAC 13] [SP 7/7, HP 11/11, RP 4/4] [F +1, R +3, W +2]

Blu keeps the focus on thr beast, calling out different strategies ti try to bring it down faster before taking a shot himself.

attack: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 = 18
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 F

+1 atk rolls again

-Posted with Wayfinder


Mechanic 1 | SP: 3/7 HP: 8/8 RP: 3/4 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +1 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | Scout's HP: 7/10 | Bullets remaining, Quig: 9/9 Scout 9/9 | Bullets to reload: 15

"Scout!! Sorry bud!" Quig calls, firing on the creature once more.

Harrying fire to give Scout a +2 to attacks, then commanding Scout to move out of the way a bit. He'll move up and out as far as he can...I'm guessing that works out to 10' up (so now 25' off the ground) and 20' away laterally. Scout shoots!

Quig Harrying fire: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11 I just can't make that...

Scout Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Iseph's X-Gen Shot: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 4 + 1 = 8

Iseph lines up the shot, but only manages to make a cloud of crystalline dust poof up from the ground about fifty feet behind the intended target, and Scout's shot isn't able to pierce it's natural armor.

Blu's shot strikes true, cutting through the carapace of the insectoid creature, and Obozaya's doshko spikes SLAM home for massive damage.

Bloodied and severely wounded, the creature rears back SCREEEECHES directly at Obozaya and Quig...
Obozaya Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 - Save for half!
Quig Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 - Save for half!
Sonic Screech Damage: 3d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) = 8
... while they're able to shake off the worst of the damage, it still rings in their ears.

Party actions - it's almost down!


Mechanic 1 | SP: 3/7 HP: 8/8 RP: 3/4 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +1 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | Scout's HP: 7/10 | Bullets remaining, Quig: 9/9 Scout 9/9 | Bullets to reload: 15

"Aaaaargh! Kill it kill it kill it!" Quig cries, abandoning his attempts to distract the creature and just aiming for its head.

Im assuming Blu keeps the bonus going.

Quig attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Scout attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

After firing his shot, Quig scampers away from the beast...

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Icon Envoy 1 [EAC 12; KAC 13] [SP 7/7, HP 11/11, RP 4/4] [F +1, R +3, W +2]

My bonus is until my turn in which case I'd just use it again. Once I get a nice spot I try to not move so i can just spam it each turn.

Feeling confident in himself Blu continues keeping everyone focused on the beast, ensuring that they can do their best as well in killing it before it hurt one of them.

attack: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 1 = 12
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 F

+1 atk


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Didn't like that, huh?" yells Obozaya, shouting over the ringing in her ears. "Well, then, try this on for size!" Leaving the spiked staff weapon stuck in the creature's tough hide, the Vesk mercenary uses her closeness to her advantage going in with her bare hands, grabbing mandibles, eyes, and anything else that protrudes and tearing and clawing in a frenzy!

Unarmed Attack 1: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 20
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Unarmed Attack 2: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 21
Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Crit Damage!: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Icon Envoy 1 [EAC 12; KAC 13] [SP 7/7, HP 11/11, RP 4/4] [F +1, R +3, W +2]

Nice!

-Posted with Wayfinder


F Android Ace Pilot Operative-1 | HP10/10 SP6/6 RP5/5 | EAC14 KAC15 | F+2 R+6 W+2 | Init+5, Perception+5, Darkvision 60'

ha! apparently, my work with the cannon is just extra anyway. I should just use my pistol next time


Have any of you non-Vesk ever seen a Vesk go into a full battle frenzy?

If not, it's probably the stuff of legend that you have heard tales about from the more grizzled veterans that you've shared drinks with. You know, the Gus that are missing natural appendages or eyes and what not. They know the score, but their descriptions just can't do justice to the reality of the FEROCIOUS DISPLAY OF AWESOME FURY that is before your eyes today. Just be glad that she's on your side.

The beast roars in agony, shuddering under each blow before falling lifeless to the ground, an unmoving mound of shattered carapace, ichor, and crystalline shards.

You can inspect the dead beast, try to dismount the x-Gen Gun from its pivot stand, or take a look at the wreckage of the other Starfinder ship. What do each of you do next?


F Android Ace Pilot Operative-1 | HP10/10 SP6/6 RP5/5 | EAC14 KAC15 | F+2 R+6 W+2 | Init+5, Perception+5, Darkvision 60'

Iseph stares, stunned at the terrible fury of the vesk, and maybe, just a little bit more nervous about her companion. "Um, well done, 'zaya. You okay?" Silently she thinks, Please don't make me turn the cannon on her, too. Hmph, not that I'd hit her.
Coming out of her shock, she invites Quig to come take a look at the cannon. Maybe we can make some use out of it.


Mechanic 1 | SP: 3/7 HP: 8/8 RP: 3/4 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +1 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | Scout's HP: 7/10 | Bullets remaining, Quig: 9/9 Scout 9/9 | Bullets to reload: 15

"Whoo! Now that was exciting," Quig comments as Scout drifts back to him. "Awwww, you ok there buddy? Didn't mean to catch you in that blast..." He spends a few minutes going over Scout, making cooing noises (and reloading both his and Scout's pistols) before scampering down the sandy hill to investigate the gun.

Engineering, I assume: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Icon Envoy 1 [EAC 12; KAC 13] [SP 7/7, HP 11/11, RP 4/4] [F +1, R +3, W +2]

Blu carefully made his way down and walked towards 'zaya. "It's me, Zaya" He announced so she wouldn't be surprised. He had seen a vesk in a battle frenzy before and knew that they coukd sometimes lash out at friends as well as foes. "You good?" he asked with a safe distance between the two of them.

-Posted with Wayfinder


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Obozaya laughs. "Good? Okay?" she says, repeating the questions as she retrieves her doshko from the slain beast, and her light reaction cannon from where she dropped it. "Nah, I'm great! I don't always get a chance to cut loose like that, but when I do..." She blows out a deep breath and brushes some of the gooey ichor spatters from her armor. "So exhilarating!"

She'll use her retrieved doshko to help prod around (and inside) the freshly slain beast, getting to know it better now that it's not trying to kill them anymore. She'll look for anything interesting it might have swallowed, while also keeping an eye out for that perfect trophy piece to remember this awesome moment by.


Scout appears to be in fine condition, and so with a few minutes work, Iseph and Quig are able to detach the armament from it's placement. It's mostly scrap at this point (since it can't be reloaded), but you can get a good number of credits from it... maybe Julzakama will pick it up from you!

Obozaya and Blu check out the creature's remains, but it doesn't appear to be carrying anything in it's stomach lining. The overlapping crystalline carapace could be worth something to a collector if you knew what you were doing to remove it (Life Sciences Check, trained only). Otherwise, Obozaya can easily select one of it's many many teeth as a trophy, or grab a scale that could be attached to your armor with some adhesive, or any other creative piece you'd like to remove from the beast.

- - - - - - -

When you get to the wreckage, you see recognize the characteristic impact marks of heavy metallic slugs, such as those used in coilguns or railguns on starships. The damage on the ship’s hull indicates that it tried to dodge the strafing fire but darted the wrong way, and it was simply more than they could manage to keep it in the (proverbial) sky.

Scrape marks on the metal seem to indicate that your recently defeated foe likely came to make a meal of any crew members that perished here. There are few scraps of armor and clothing that it left behind, but nothing like a complete corpse to take back to Absalom Station for a proper burial or cremation.

Although the Unbounded Wayfarer’s computers are beyond repair, they retain sufficient power to interact with the Starfinder insignias that Arvin sent with you. The computer interface ports contain an indentation the same shape as the Starfinder insignias. When one of the insignias is slotted into the indentation, the computer flares to life just enough to display a datafile of worlds previously explored by crew of the Unbounded Wayfarer. They include:

  • A wasteland planet called Elytrio that displayed signs of scattered technology.
  • A sentient asteroid called Lamentia teeming with morlock “children” in the Vast.
  • A massive space station called End of Bright Things stuck between the orbits of two blue dwarf stars.
  • A stormy, oceanic world called Wealdriad, with upthrust columns of basalt piercing the storm-tossed ocean’s surface.

The final location’s coordinates are too damaged to display, but the computer has enough power to open a slot containing a salvaged item from the lost location. It contains the Starfinder’s one takeaway from the mystery system at the end of the expedition list: an iridescent spindle aeon stone, though there aren’t any further details regarding the item’s history.

Quig or Iseph would easily be able to beam the data from the computer back to your Odyssey, and it appears that you've completed your mission for Arvin!

Sorry, this felt railroady, but wanted to get the info to you. Any additional to-do items before you take off in your ship and head home?


Mechanic 1 | SP: 3/7 HP: 8/8 RP: 3/4 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +1 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | Scout's HP: 7/10 | Bullets remaining, Quig: 9/9 Scout 9/9 | Bullets to reload: 15

Quig sighs as he beams the data back to the Odyssey. "Seems like they were a good group of Starfinders! A shame that they ended up gettin' eaten on this hunk of rock." He strokes his whiskers thoughtfully. "Truly, all of us are dust. But then, that thing was dust too and it tried to eat us, so I dunno what we're supposed to take away from that! If we've got no bodies to take home then in my opinion we might as well get outta here--I don't wanna stay on this planet any longer than I have to!"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Icon Envoy 1 [EAC 12; KAC 13] [SP 7/7, HP 11/11, RP 4/4] [F +1, R +3, W +2]

"I don't blame you. Mission's done so lets get the hell outta hear. Pick you're trophy Zaya and lets move," Blu said while moving back towards the others.


Iseph takes the helm once more, and the Odyssey moves up to a stable orbit around Ulmarid while the rest of you get settled on the ship.

However, it's not long before a warning klaxon blares, and the ship lurches. The asteroid field around the world of Ulmarid is more agitated than on the descent down to the surface. Although it’s not clear what has caused the anomalous activity, what’s certain is that you must reach safer altitude before a more serious collision occurs.

I'm putting the details for the Odyssey in the header.

Iseph, make a DC 20 piloting check to guide the ship safely through the asteroids. Everyone else can make a DC 10 Piloting check to assist, or a DC 17 Diplomacy or Intimidate check to assist. Each successful assist provides a +2 to Iseph's roll.


F Android Ace Pilot Operative-1 | HP10/10 SP6/6 RP5/5 | EAC14 KAC15 | F+2 R+6 W+2 | Init+5, Perception+5, Darkvision 60'

Iseph sounds alarmed. "Strap in folks. We've got a situation." She throws a few switches to activate the maneuvering rockets and gooses the throttle to maximum.
Pilot: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

The ship responds perfectly allowing her to skate past some of the roughest spots.


Sorry all - had hoped to post last night and time got eaten by work and family (as it does). Posting tonight in full in a moment!


Iseph expertly snakes the ship through the debris of asteroids without impacts, and sets you up perfectly to see a large vessel of rusted metal slips from behind an enormous asteroid, its weapons already firing. The front of the ship resembles a stylized skull with crossed bones beneath—a clear indication of space pirates!

Besmaran space pirates are a growing threat throughout galactic shipping lanes, and that such pirates throw themselves into combat with a boisterous zeal—it is rare to talk one’s way out of combat with an approaching Besmaran pirate ship.

3d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 4, 5) + 5 = 20 - distance from Enemy

Odyssey Condition:

HP: 85/85
Fore Shields: 20/20
Port Shields: 15/15
Starb. Shields: 15/15
Aft Shields: 20/20
Damaged systems: None

Lawblight Condition (No peeking):

HP: 70/70
Fore Shields: 15/15
Port Shields: 5/5
Starb. Shields: 5/5
Aft Shields: 5/5
Damaged systems: None

- - - - - - - - - -

Lawblight Piloting Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Lawblight Ship Checks(Round 1):

Engineering
Lawblight Check (Divert: Weapons): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Helm
Lawblight Piloting Check (STUNT) vs. DC 14, 19, or 24 (Tier 2): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Lawblight Captain (Encouragement: Gunnery) vs. DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Lawblight Science Officer (Target System: Life Support): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Gunnery
Lawblight Gunnery Check 1 - Firing Arcs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Lawblight Gunnery Check 2 - Turret: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
If a hit via front arc: Coilgun: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 4) = 10
If a hit via front arc: Heavy Torpedo Launcher: 5d8 ⇒ (1, 5, 3, 8, 2) = 19
If a hit via aft arc: Light Laser: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
If a hit via Turret: Coilgun: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 1) = 8

You've collected some good information about this opponent so far, so you have the following bonuses in this combat:
Lawblight Assault: You quickly evade and can reposition the Odyssey up to 4 hexes in any direction, with any facing they choose before combat begins.
Lawblight Barrage: The first time one of the Lawblight’s heavy torpedoes would hit the Odyssey, it misses instead!
Lawblight Data: The PCs start the battle with the Lawblight’s basic information, defenses, and weapons, as listed in the first three bullet points of the Scan action.
Lawblight Evasion: The Lawblight must roll twice for each gunnery check it makes with its coilguns and take the worse result.

The Lawblight
1. Basic Information:
- Living crew complement: 6
- Ship classification: Medium Transport
- Speed: 6
- Maneuverability: Average

2. Defenses:
- AC: 13
- TL: 13
- Total and current Hull Points: 70/70
- Fore Shields: 20/20
- Port Shields: 15/15
- Starb. Shields: 15/15
- Aft Shields: 20/20
- Core PCU Value: Arcus Heavy (130 PCU)

3. Weapon:
- Fore: Coilgun (4d4)
- Fore: Heavy Torpedo Launcher (5d8)
- Aft: Gyrolaser (1d8)
- Turret: Coilgun (4d4)

- - - - - - - - - - -

You may post crew actions in any order - we'll adjust as necessary to accommodate. Good luck!


Round 1 - Gunnery

Obozaya, still feeling a little jazzed up from the encounter on the surface below, and coupled with the stress of the return trip through the atmosphere, begins firing the main turret as soon as it becomes feasible.

I'm making the first turn agnostic of our facing, and I'm not sure what penalties (if any) will need to be included for range, so I left them out.

Coil Gun: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 3, 2) = 12


F Android Ace Pilot Operative-1 | HP10/10 SP6/6 RP5/5 | EAC14 KAC15 | F+2 R+6 W+2 | Init+5, Perception+5, Darkvision 60'

"Out of the frying pan..." Iseph banks hard to avoid the worst of the first volley, but she isn't sure how long she can keep that up.
especially when they roll that high a piloting check
Piloting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
2 questions: 1) Am I correct that the Odyssey doesn't give any bonus to piloting? 2) Is there a map up yet? Am I just missing it?


Mechanic 1 | SP: 3/7 HP: 8/8 RP: 3/4 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +1 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | Scout's HP: 7/10 | Bullets remaining, Quig: 9/9 Scout 9/9 | Bullets to reload: 15

"Pirates! That's no good!" Quig exclaims. He darts from his chair and vanishes through a hatch that leads directly to the engineering deck. "Some power comin' your way, Iseph!"

Engineering engines boost: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Icon Envoy 1 [EAC 12; KAC 13] [SP 7/7, HP 11/11, RP 4/4] [F +1, R +3, W +2]

gunnery phase

"pirates? Lets blast these bastards outta here," blu says to Zaya

encourage DC 19: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Sorry, all! My parents were visiting, and it's slowed me down from posting. @Iseph: You are correct that there is no bonus to piloting, but the mk 1 trinode computer provides three floating +1 bonuses per round (wasn't initially printed in the Scenario, but is now in the Starfinder Society Guild Guide). Just let me know when you each claim one!

Also, Everyone, the map is now available here, and linked above. Sorry about that! Please go ahead and maneuver the Odyssey, Iseph, whenever you are ready. I'll respond with movement from the pirates.

A quick note about the map: Those gray areas are asteroids. They're big enough that we won't worry about moving them during this combat, but I'll assume that if it is between you and the enemy, then it is a barrier to sight for each of you.

Obozaya: A couple notes about your ship's missile launcher.
1) You have 5 missiles for this fight - no more! They automatically reload, so there's no delay between rounds, but once they're gone, they're gone.
2) The missiles have a speed of 12. If they don't hit your target within one move, you have to roll again on the next round to see if they keep their Target Lock (in this case, your gunnery check needs to beat a 13).
Let me know if you have questions about how this thing works!

Thanks for your patience, all!


F Android Ace Pilot Operative-1 | HP10/10 SP6/6 RP5/5 | EAC14 KAC15 | F+2 R+6 W+2 | Init+5, Perception+5, Darkvision 60'

"Zaya, these asteroids are kind of in the way. I'll try not to have them block your line of fire too often." Unfortunately, the Odyssey isn't quite as maneuverable as our last ship, but it's tougher and more heavily armed.
Quig's boost gives us +2 to speed or +1? I took +2, but if it's +1, just move us back a step.


Mechanic 1 | SP: 3/7 HP: 8/8 RP: 3/4 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +1 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | Scout's HP: 7/10 | Bullets remaining, Quig: 9/9 Scout 9/9 | Bullets to reload: 15

It increases the speed by 2!


Iseph gets you behind the asteroid, and the pirates slowly chug forward to get into engagement range with you!

Odyssey Condition:

HP: 85/85
Fore Shields: 20/20
Port Shields: 15/15
Starb. Shields: 15/15
Aft Shields: 20/20
Damaged systems: None

Lawblight Condition (No peeking):

HP: 70/70
Fore Shields: 15/15
Port Shields: 5/5
Starb. Shields: 5/5
Aft Shields: 5/5
Damaged systems: None

- - - - - - - - - -

Lawblight Piloting Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Iseph's Piloting Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
(Hope you don't mind - I thought this might keep us moving a little faster, especially if you routinely beat their piloting check, then I can go ahead and move them.)

Lawblight Ship Checks(Round 2):

Engineering
Lawblight Check (Divert: Weapons): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Helm
Lawblight Piloting Check (STUNT) vs. DC 14, 19, or 24 (Tier 2): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Lawblight Captain (Encouragement: Gunnery) vs. DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Lawblight Science Officer (Target System: Life Support): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Gunnery
Lawblight Gunnery Check 1 - Firing Arcs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Lawblight Gunnery Check 2 - Turret: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
If a hit via front arc: Coilgun: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 1) = 7
If a hit via front arc: Heavy Torpedo Launcher: 5d8 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 3, 3) = 15
If a hit via aft arc: Light Laser: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
If a hit via Turret: Coilgun: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 4) = 10

The pirate ship looms closer on your scanners, just waiting for you to pull out from behind the asteroid!


F Android Ace Pilot Operative-1 | HP10/10 SP6/6 RP5/5 | EAC14 KAC15 | F+2 R+6 W+2 | Init+5, Perception+5, Darkvision 60'

"Quig, if you can boost the engines again, we may just have one hell of a surprise for them. 'zaya... fire when ready!"
I think if we get 1 or 2 more points of movement, we'll be out of the arc of the front of their ship and we can attack from the side or behind with one of our turrets. They have a turret, but the fore guns are their main ones. Course, we may also just get blown to smithereens :)


Mechanic 1 | SP: 3/7 HP: 8/8 RP: 3/4 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +1 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | Scout's HP: 7/10 | Bullets remaining, Quig: 9/9 Scout 9/9 | Bullets to reload: 15

"You got it, Iseph!" Quig's voice crackles up from the comm.

Engineering DC 15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Once again, the engines flare with light. Down in the engine room, Quig leans back in his chair, looking cheerful. "Well, Scout, this oughtta be fun!"


I think we're facing it? If not it would be the same attack roll with the missile launcher. Claiming a floating +1, but still need more help if possible to get a +3 from somewhere.

Obozaya doesn't need to be tol twice to fire. This close, she goes for the heavy lasers. She mouths the words pew pew as she fires wildly, but doesn't actually say them out loud.

Heavy Laser Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (2, 5, 7, 7) = 21

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Icon Envoy 1 [EAC 12; KAC 13] [SP 7/7, HP 11/11, RP 4/4] [F +1, R +3, W +2]

Round 2: gunnery

Seeing the first shot go well, Blu continues working with Zaya in hopes of taking the pirates down quickly.

"Good job, keep at it," He says, knowing the vesk needs nothing more.

encouragement DC 19: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Hi, everyone. With the crazy site issues, this is the fouth time I've tried to advance this thread. Hope it works this time.

As Iseph burns the Odyssey past the Lawblight, you rake each other with gunfire...

Lawblight Coilgun #1 (Take worse result): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Lawblight Coilgun #2 (Take worse result): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

...unfortunately Obozaya's shot goes wide of the mark, even with Blu's encouragement. The Lawblight’s turreted coilgun, however, has no problem punching into your shields...

Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 2) = 7


Odyssey Condition:

HP: 85/85
Fore Shields: 20/20
Port Shields: 8/15
Starb. Shields: 15/15
Aft Shields: 20/20
Damaged systems: None

Lawblight Condition (No peeking):

HP: 70/70
Fore Shields: 15/15
Port Shields: 5/5
Starb. Shields: 5/5
Aft Shields: 5/5
Damaged systems: None

- - - - - - - - - -

Lawblight Piloting Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Iseph’s Piloting Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Lawblight Ship Checks(Round 3):

Engineering
Lawblight Check (Divert: Weapons): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Helm
Lawblight Piloting Check (STUNT) vs. DC 14, 19, or 24 (Tier 2): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Lawblight Captain (Encouragement: Gunnery) vs. DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Lawblight Science Officer (Target System: Life Support): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Gunnery
Lawblight Gunnery Check 1 - Firing Arcs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Lawblight Gunnery Check 2 - Turret: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
If a hit via front arc: Coilgun: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 1) = 10
If a hit via front arc: Heavy Torpedo Launcher: 5d8 ⇒ (8, 3, 3, 3, 1) = 18
If a hit via aft arc: Light Laser: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
If a hit via Turret: Coilgun: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 4, 4) = 13


Obozaya growls as her shots go wide. As the sparks shower around her from the enemy impact, she takes a deep breath to refocus herself on the target. Time almost seems to slow, and this time she makes her shot count.

Laser Cannon if the facing is right, missile launcher turret if it isn't.

Heavy Laser Cannon/Missile Launcher: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24
Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 1, 7, 1) = 14


F Android Ace Pilot Operative-1 | HP10/10 SP6/6 RP5/5 | EAC14 KAC15 | F+2 R+6 W+2 | Init+5, Perception+5, Darkvision 60'

Iseph pilots the ship closer to one of the asteroids, hoping to use the rock as a shield. Unfortunately, that shielding goes both ways. She hopes that 'zaya will still be able to get off a clean shot with her evasive maneuvers.

btw, if anyone ever wants to shout out any ideas about ship combat, where to fly, special maneuvers, by all means, I'm open to suggestions.

Evade: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Icon Envoy 1 [EAC 12; KAC 13] [SP 7/7, HP 11/11, RP 4/4] [F +1, R +3, W +2]

Gunnery phase

Blu rocks as thr ship shakes from the hit. He moves up to the captain's chair to hail the opposing ship.

"Cease all further aggression. The stewards have already been called and will be here in moments. Surrender now, you have no chance." Blu says careful not to show his bluff.

taunt, bluff. DC 15+2(baddie's ship teir): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
-2 for: 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds


Mechanic 1 | SP: 3/7 HP: 8/8 RP: 3/4 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +1 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | Scout's HP: 7/10 | Bullets remaining, Quig: 9/9 Scout 9/9 | Bullets to reload: 15

"Ungh!" Quig grunts as the ship's shields take a hit. "Ok, so...not actually fun. Let's see..."

Up in the bridge, his voice comes over the comm. "Yeah, we're uh...we should be ok here...give me just...a...sec..."

Engineering DC 18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

The ship hums as Quig diverts power to the group's port shield, fully restoring it!

5% of the PCU is 7, so 7 hp restored to port shield!


Quig's shield boost does the trick, but Isephs maneuvering is still a bit more suited to a “lighter” ship, and can’t quite lock in the evasive maneuvers hoped for.

The enemy ship seems to try a fancy maneuver to flip around and target you with its torpedo launcher, but something in Blu's voice must have caused some consternation on board, and they simply drift forward a bit.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Their light laser still strikes you, even from distance, and your aft shields are slightly diminished from the impacts! -5

Obozaya's missile is on point, however, and slams home on their rear arc! It blasts through shields, and your sensors pick up a solid impact on the hull.

Odyssey Condition:

HP: 85/85
Fore Shields: 20/20
Port Shields: 15/15
Starb. Shields: 15/15
Aft Shields: 15/20
Damaged systems: None

Lawblight Condition (No peeking):

HP: 61/70
Fore Shields: 15/15
Port Shields: 5/5
Starb. Shields: 5/5
Aft Shields: 0/5
Damaged systems: None

- - - - - - - - - -

Lawblight Piloting Check: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 = 23
Iseph’s Piloting Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Lawblight Ship Checks(Round 4):

Engineering
Lawblight Check (Divert: Weapons): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 = 19
Helm
Lawblight Piloting Check (STUNT) vs. DC 14, 19, or 24 (Tier 2): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 = 26
Lawblight Captain (Encouragement: Gunnery) vs. DC 17: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 2 = 20
Lawblight Science Officer (Target System: Life Support): 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 2 = 11
Gunnery
Lawblight Gunnery Check 1 - Firing Arcs: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 = 7
Lawblight Gunnery Check 2 - Turret: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 = 23
If a hit via front arc: Coilgun: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 4) = 14
If a hit via front arc: Heavy Torpedo Launcher: 5d8 ⇒ (7, 4, 4, 1, 2) = 18
If a hit via aft arc: Light Laser: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
If a hit via Turret: Coilgun: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 1) = 9


Mechanic 1 | SP: 3/7 HP: 8/8 RP: 3/4 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +1 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | Scout's HP: 7/10 | Bullets remaining, Quig: 9/9 Scout 9/9 | Bullets to reload: 15

Quig grits his teeth. "Aftie's tough. I believe in her. We gotta finish this!" Tongue sticking out, he transfers some power out of the shield system and back toward the weapons.

"Blast them!"

Engineering DC 18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

1s become 2s on weapon damage rolls!

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Icon Envoy 1 [EAC 12; KAC 13] [SP 7/7, HP 11/11, RP 4/4] [F +1, R +3, W +2]

Gunnery phase

After closing the chanel with the Lawblight Blu makes he way back to the gunnery where 'zaya stills sits taking aim.

"Lets hope they fell for it. Their guards will probably be down a bit so let them have it," Blu says.

encouragement DC 19: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


With all this dipping and darting around asteroids for cover, Obozaya decides to just go straight for the missiles this time. She imagines that the pirate ship is a creature, and tries to ram the torpedo right up the tailpipe.

Missile: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 27
Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 1) = 13 ->14 damage thanks to Quig

Crit Damage?: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 4, 2, 4) = 17


F Android Ace Pilot Operative-1 | HP10/10 SP6/6 RP5/5 | EAC14 KAC15 | F+2 R+6 W+2 | Init+5, Perception+5, Darkvision 60'

With 'zaya pissed and Quig reinforcing her, Iseph decides, aww to hell with it. "We're coming about!" She spins the ship on it's axis, turning the ship 180 degrees.
turn in place action


Not taking any chances with fancy maneuvers, the Lawblight also simply turns in place, opening fire with a coilgun (that misses) and firing a heavy torpedo at you (that, though well aimed, also misses thanks to your Lawblight Barrage discovery during the Quests)!

Obozaya's fully rewarded for her attack - the missile punches straight through the Lawblight's shields...
CD 1: 1d100 ⇒ 94
CD 2: 1d100 ⇒ 81
...causing massive damage to the pirate ship's power core!

Great hit! The critical was also enough damage that it passed by the ship's critical threshold.

Odyssey Condition:

HP: 85/85
Fore Shields: 20/20
Port Shields: 15/15
Starb. Shields: 15/15
Aft Shields: 15/20
Damaged systems: Power Core (Malfunctioning)

Lawblight Condition (No peeking):

HP: 47/70
Fore Shields: 15/15
Port Shields: 5/5
Starb. Shields: 5/5
Aft Shields: 0/5
Damaged systems: None

- - - - - - - - - -

Lawblight Piloting Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Iseph’s Piloting Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Lawblight Ship Checks(Round 5):

Engineering
Lawblight Check (Repair: Power Core): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Helm
Lawblight Piloting Check (STUNT) vs. DC 14, 19, or 24 (Tier 2): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Lawblight Captain (Encouragement: Gunnery) vs. DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Lawblight Science Officer (Target System: Life Support): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Gunnery
Lawblight Gunnery Check 1 - Firing Arcs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Lawblight Gunnery Check 2 - Turret: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
If a hit via front arc: Coilgun: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 2) = 6
If a hit via front arc: Heavy Torpedo Launcher: 5d8 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 5, 5) = 16
If a hit via aft arc: Light Laser: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
If a hit via Turret: Coilgun: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 1) = 5


Mechanic 1 | SP: 3/7 HP: 8/8 RP: 3/4 | Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +1 | EAC 13 KAC 14 | Scout's HP: 7/10 | Bullets remaining, Quig: 9/9 Scout 9/9 | Bullets to reload: 15

"WHOOOOO!" Quig's voice echoes from the comm. "That sounded good! Keep it up!"

Engineering DC 18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Still more power floods into the weaponry on the ship.

Weapons again: 1s become 2s!


Obozaya reacts with glee to the devastating impact of her torpedo. With the encouragement of the others, she opens fire with both turrets at once. While it makes it a bit harder to aim, at least the missiles have guidance systems.

Coil Gun: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 5
Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 3) = 8

Missile Launcher: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 19
Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (3, 4, 7, 7) = 21

251 to 300 of 338 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] GM-8574: 01-QUEST Into the Unknown - Part 1 (21 AUG 2017) - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.