PbP Gameday VI: GM Thunderspirit's 4-05: The Sanos Abduction [Core] (Inactive)

Game Master thunderspirit

MAP


1 to 50 of 214 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Insert quarter to continue.

Grand Lodge

Male L/G Dwarf Wizard(Transmuter)/6 | HP: 61/68 (+? false life) | AC/FF/T: 14/14/10 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F:+9, R:+4, W:+8 (+2 Hardy) | Init: +6 | Speed 20 ft | Appraise+8, KnArc+8, KnDun+8, KnEng+8, KnGeo+13, KnHis+8, KnPln+8, Lin+9, Perc+7, SpCft+13 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Haste

dot

Grand Lodge

Male L/G Dwarf Wizard(Transmuter)/6 | HP: 61/68 (+? false life) | AC/FF/T: 14/14/10 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F:+9, R:+4, W:+8 (+2 Hardy) | Init: +6 | Speed 20 ft | Appraise+8, KnArc+8, KnDun+8, KnEng+8, KnGeo+13, KnHis+8, KnPln+8, Lin+9, Perc+7, SpCft+13 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Haste

When do we start?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Gameday VI starts August 25.

Dark Archive

HP: 31/45 (39/53 raging)| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) Current: 16/10/14 | CMB: +8, CMD:20 | F:+6 (+2raging), R:+3, W:+2(+2raging) (+2vFear, +1v Traps)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8 SM: +1 | Speed 30 Rage (7/12) | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Re-roll used

dot

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric 4 (HP: 35/35) | Init: +0 | AC: 19 T: 11, FF: 19 | Perception +3 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +8 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | 3* reroll 1/1

Dot

Grand Lodge

Human Naturalist 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 20 FF 18 Tch 12 | CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+9 | Perc +13 | Init +2
Per Diem:
Lightning Arc: 8/8 | Spells: [3rd] 3/3 [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 6/6

Among those assembled is a woman dressed in clean, brown leathers and a neatly arranged -- if clearly full -- pack slung across her back. Her most striking feature is her hair, which, unlike the rest of her figure, is very untidy and seems to blow this way and that in an invisible wind. As she thumbs through a worn manual to pass the time, the sharp-eyed in her company observe the traces of gardener's dirt beneath her fingernails that even the warmest bath cannot erase.

Dark Archive

HP: 31/45 (39/53 raging)| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) Current: 16/10/14 | CMB: +8, CMD:20 | F:+6 (+2raging), R:+3, W:+2(+2raging) (+2vFear, +1v Traps)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8 SM: +1 | Speed 30 Rage (7/12) | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Re-roll used

At first, Amiri doesn't pay much attention to the rather unassuming woman of smaller stature. But as she gets a better look at Caerwynn's wild, unkempt appearance, she offers a nod of approval and comes over to offer her hand.
"Name's Amiri. P'rhaps you've heard of me?" Amiri even does her best to suppress her natural inclination toward handhakes that nearly crush the soul, much less the other person's hand. She knows how important it is for naturalist casters to have the use of both hands...

Dark Archive

Active Spells: Mage Armor (1hr), Shield (7 rounds) | HP: 14/20 | Current AC: 22 T 14 FF 19 | CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc +2 | Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 |

A sharply dressed halfling, Xavier has a bit of an "air" about him as he listens to the briefing, adjusting his monocle and tricorne hat while walking and assessing his companions. Even though his skin is a bit sun-and-sea-worn, his accent is that of a high-born Taldan noble.

Upon arriving, he tips his hat to each of you individually in turn. "I am Xavier Grayson Flaxseed, at your service. A pleasure to meet you, and to be part of your retinue this day."


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

And away we go!

The renowned Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch strides into her study at the Magnimar lodge. Her eyes scan the space with habitual vigilance, honed by years of successful adventuring. Satisfied that there's nothing amiss, she stands behind her desk, and turns her blade-like attention to the party before her.

The Pathfinder Society has long been interested in the First World — the otherworldly realm of the fey. By all accounts the fey homeland is dangerous, bizarre, and entirely unpredictable. It's the very type of place sane people avoid, and Pathfinders flock toward.

Countless expeditions and research teams have been dispatched over the years to investigate regions where the boundaries between the First World and our own plane grow threadbare. Sanos Forest, which lies to the east of this very lodge, is one such place. The Pathfinder Society's latest research party is currently stationed there, under the capable direction of the druid Ignizi Dinnelletter.

Dinnelletter doesn't normally work well with others, but this time she's got several newly recruited Pathfinders assisting her. We thought it prudent that she pass on some of her best practices, just in case. After all, we Pathfinders are not known for our longevity. Dinnelletter is entirely self sufficient, but unfortunately the same cannot be said for her five trainees. Consequently, Ignizi's station needs to be resupplied periodically, something the Magnimar lodge has taken responsibility for. You lot have been chosen to make the next supply run to Sanos Forest, and will leave first thing in the morning. It's not a glamorous detail, but the fey forest never lacks for intrigue, and I'm sure you'll make the most of it.

Your mission is simple: Deliver a pack horse loaded with supplies to Dinnelletter's cottage in Sanos. I don't expect any problems, but you never know with the fey. If Ignizi needs any additional help, please assist her in any way possible. And do try to be patient. Ignizi can be a handful.

Any questions? No? Good, then off you go!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric 4 (HP: 35/35) | Init: +0 | AC: 19 T: 11, FF: 19 | Perception +3 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +8 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | 3* reroll 1/1

"And I am Werner Albern," a tall man with slicked back hair says. He speaks with an accent, causing his W's to sound like V's. "You can think of me as a Drinker of Cayden Cailean. I am also at your service." the mustachioed man winks.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric 4 (HP: 35/35) | Init: +0 | AC: 19 T: 11, FF: 19 | Perception +3 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +8 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | 3* reroll 1/1

Werner starts to raise a finger to ask a question, thinks better of it, and shrugs. To the group he says, "If we're to face any danger, it'll be from fey creatures. I know cold iron weaponry is effective, and I plan to buy a sword for this trip."

Later in the day, Werner buys a cold iron greatsword.

Grand Lodge

Male L/G Dwarf Wizard(Transmuter)/6 | HP: 61/68 (+? false life) | AC/FF/T: 14/14/10 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F:+9, R:+4, W:+8 (+2 Hardy) | Init: +6 | Speed 20 ft | Appraise+8, KnArc+8, KnDun+8, KnEng+8, KnGeo+13, KnHis+8, KnPln+8, Lin+9, Perc+7, SpCft+13 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Haste

Silgil listens attentively. The dwarf is a typical specimen of his race, gruff yet polite. His hair is a bright red, though not outrageous as only a gnomes may be. He is outfitted in robes with no armor and carries a battle axe along with a couple of wands at his belt.

"The fey? Should be interesting. Hope we meet some gnomes. I love gnomes. I don't suppose there are any gnomes in the group assigned to assist Dinnelletter? No matter. You said east of her. How far east?"

At least I won't end up being the pack animal for this venture. With all the stuff they will be sending there should be room for our gear.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Venture-Captain Heidmarch exhales in something like a sigh at Silgil's questions. You'll meet Dijjit when you get there. And Ignizi is a gnome herself.

I've got instructions that detail the route to Ignizi's cottage. The journey is quite simple, mainly just following a distinctive stream until you reach the valley that she's settled.

Dark Archive

HP: 31/45 (39/53 raging)| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) Current: 16/10/14 | CMB: +8, CMD:20 | F:+6 (+2raging), R:+3, W:+2(+2raging) (+2vFear, +1v Traps)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8 SM: +1 | Speed 30 Rage (7/12) | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Re-roll used

Amiri ponders Werner's words carefully, then pats the giant sword strapped to her back.
"I usually find this big beautiful lady more than enough for most problems, and this sounds like a simple stroll through the woods." With a shrug, she adds, "Then again, it never hurts to carry some backup."
If available, Amiri willl purchase a cold iron morningstar and 20 cold iron arrows.
"Ready?"

Grand Lodge

Male L/G Dwarf Wizard(Transmuter)/6 | HP: 61/68 (+? false life) | AC/FF/T: 14/14/10 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F:+9, R:+4, W:+8 (+2 Hardy) | Init: +6 | Speed 20 ft | Appraise+8, KnArc+8, KnDun+8, KnEng+8, KnGeo+13, KnHis+8, KnPln+8, Lin+9, Perc+7, SpCft+13 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Haste

"May I see the directions now?"

Silgil will make his own analysis of the length of the trip seeing as how Heidmarch did not say.

Grand Lodge

Human Naturalist 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 20 FF 18 Tch 12 | CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+9 | Perc +13 | Init +2
Per Diem:
Lightning Arc: 8/8 | Spells: [3rd] 3/3 [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 6/6

Caerwynn closes the manual in her hands quietly and slips it into an interior pocket on her doublet. "Have there been any disturbances among the fey in the Sanos recently? Agitations?"

Dark Archive

Active Spells: Mage Armor (1hr), Shield (7 rounds) | HP: 14/20 | Current AC: 22 T 14 FF 19 | CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc +2 | Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 |

Xavier rubs his chin a bit as he muses aloud. "Hmm, fey...does anyone among us speak the Sylvan language, perchance? If not, we may wish to consider either hiring an interpreter or finding a scroll of tongues in case we have any altercations en route."

Grand Lodge

Male L/G Dwarf Wizard(Transmuter)/6 | HP: 61/68 (+? false life) | AC/FF/T: 14/14/10 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F:+9, R:+4, W:+8 (+2 Hardy) | Init: +6 | Speed 20 ft | Appraise+8, KnArc+8, KnDun+8, KnEng+8, KnGeo+13, KnHis+8, KnPln+8, Lin+9, Perc+7, SpCft+13 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Haste

"I do have a couple of scrolls for that, if need be, though they only allow me to understand not speak. Aklo might be good too if the fey are corrupted."

Dark Archive

HP: 31/45 (39/53 raging)| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) Current: 16/10/14 | CMB: +8, CMD:20 | F:+6 (+2raging), R:+3, W:+2(+2raging) (+2vFear, +1v Traps)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8 SM: +1 | Speed 30 Rage (7/12) | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Re-roll used

Amiri grabs a seat and puts her feet up, while the brainy types figure out the tricky stuff.
"Just wake me up when it's time to leave."


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Her lips pursed, Heidmarch hands over the note with directions on it. It indicates travel east along the Dry Way — the trade road along the northern bank of the mighty Yondabakari River toward Korvosa — for a few days, then north along a distinctive stream into Sanos Forest.

She shakes her head at Caerwynn's inquiry. No news of trouble. This mission is pretty routine.

Dark Archive

Active Spells: Mage Armor (1hr), Shield (7 rounds) | HP: 14/20 | Current AC: 22 T 14 FF 19 | CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc +2 | Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 |

One of Xavier's eyebrows only slightly twitches... "when do any of our missions go as routine as they're supposed to", he muses to himself internally.

"Well, than...I suppose we should be off!"

Grand Lodge

Human Naturalist 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 20 FF 18 Tch 12 | CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+9 | Perc +13 | Init +2
Per Diem:
Lightning Arc: 8/8 | Spells: [3rd] 3/3 [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 6/6

"Yes, I suppose so," Caerwynn agrees, pursing her lips and sharing a look with the halfling.

Dark Archive

HP: 31/45 (39/53 raging)| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) Current: 16/10/14 | CMB: +8, CMD:20 | F:+6 (+2raging), R:+3, W:+2(+2raging) (+2vFear, +1v Traps)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8 SM: +1 | Speed 30 Rage (7/12) | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Re-roll used

"zzzzn--snort--huh? Time to go?" Amiri stretches then stands, her twisting back emitting an impressive series of cracks. With one last crack from her neck as she tilts her head. "I'm ready. Let's go."
Amiri is half out the door before she asks "Which way?"

Grand Lodge

Male L/G Dwarf Wizard(Transmuter)/6 | HP: 61/68 (+? false life) | AC/FF/T: 14/14/10 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F:+9, R:+4, W:+8 (+2 Hardy) | Init: +6 | Speed 20 ft | Appraise+8, KnArc+8, KnDun+8, KnEng+8, KnGeo+13, KnHis+8, KnPln+8, Lin+9, Perc+7, SpCft+13 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Haste

"Could you tell us more about Dinnelletter? Is she a spell caster or a warrior of some sort? Besides being inpatient with others, does she have any other personality quirks?"

I'm ready to start the journey too. That's the last of my questions.

Just in case...
knowledge history Sanos forest: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Heidmarch drums her fingers on her desk. Ignizi is originally from Whistledown, the gnome settlement just to the east of Sanos Forest. She joined the Pathfinders as a young gnome, and was a very capable adventurer in her day — a little difficult to work with, but effective. As she grew older, she returned to her homeland to study the First World's influence on the Material Plane, eventually becoming the preeminent researcher in the field. She still looks young and wide-eyed, but don't be fooled. She knows how to get what she wants.

Silgil doesn't recall any historical significance about the Sanos Forest.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Anyone can do last-minute purchases — it's Magnimar, so no issues finding things. Sound off when you're ready to roll, please.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric 4 (HP: 35/35) | Init: +0 | AC: 19 T: 11, FF: 19 | Perception +3 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +8 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | 3* reroll 1/1

Werner is ready

Grand Lodge

Male L/G Dwarf Wizard(Transmuter)/6 | HP: 61/68 (+? false life) | AC/FF/T: 14/14/10 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F:+9, R:+4, W:+8 (+2 Hardy) | Init: +6 | Speed 20 ft | Appraise+8, KnArc+8, KnDun+8, KnEng+8, KnGeo+13, KnHis+8, KnPln+8, Lin+9, Perc+7, SpCft+13 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Haste

Silgil is ready.

Dark Archive

Active Spells: Mage Armor (1hr), Shield (7 rounds) | HP: 14/20 | Current AC: 22 T 14 FF 19 | CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc +2 | Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 |

Xavier is ready


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Good enough for me.

You follow the directions provided by Venture-Captain Heidmarch and locate the stream leading into the woods on day 5 of the journey. Shortly after entering Sanos Forest, all signs of humanoid activity abate.

Midway through the day you spy a small vale up ahead. A whiff of rotting meat hangs thickly in the air, and Caerwynn notes several bear tracks on the forest floor.

The wood falls hushed, and the instructions indicate that you should be within half a mile of the cottage where Ignizi Dinnelletter lives. A loud crash erupts as you crest a small rise, and you see several owlbears slamming themselves against the cottage, which creaks under the weight of the impacts. Cries of alarm filter out from inside.

DC 17 Kn (engineering):
Although the windows and doors are boarded up and reinforced, they're weakening, and it will be less than a minute before one of them gives way.

DC 13 Kn (nature):
Something seems off about these owlbears — they appear clumsy, almost lumbering. You or someone you notify about this can make a Kn (religion) check.

MAP

Dark Archive

HP: 31/45 (39/53 raging)| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) Current: 16/10/14 | CMB: +8, CMD:20 | F:+6 (+2raging), R:+3, W:+2(+2raging) (+2vFear, +1v Traps)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8 SM: +1 | Speed 30 Rage (7/12) | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Re-roll used

With apologies to any players who prefer subtlety:
Am Amiri: CRPA (Charge, then Rage and Power Attack)

The party sees a large blur as Amiri whips out her ginormous bastard sword and gets ready to charge.

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Grand Lodge

Human Naturalist 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 20 FF 18 Tch 12 | CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+9 | Perc +13 | Init +2
Per Diem:
Lightning Arc: 8/8 | Spells: [3rd] 3/3 [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 6/6

Know Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"Not normal behavior for owlbears," Caerwynn observes. "Perhaps they--OOF!" Amiri cuts off the woman's words in her rush to battle. She sighs and hefts her walking stick.

Knowledge (religion) anyone? See Nature spoiler.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric 4 (HP: 35/35) | Init: +0 | AC: 19 T: 11, FF: 19 | Perception +3 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +8 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | 3* reroll 1/1

Werner knows things religious.
Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male L/G Dwarf Wizard(Transmuter)/6 | HP: 61/68 (+? false life) | AC/FF/T: 14/14/10 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F:+9, R:+4, W:+8 (+2 Hardy) | Init: +6 | Speed 20 ft | Appraise+8, KnArc+8, KnDun+8, KnEng+8, KnGeo+13, KnHis+8, KnPln+8, Lin+9, Perc+7, SpCft+13 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Haste

Kn engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

"Diseased? or perhaps an illusion?"

Silgil follows Amiri, albeit at a slower pace. I pushed Silgil fowards 20'. Will move another 20' if the others move too.

Dark Archive

Active Spells: Mage Armor (1hr), Shield (7 rounds) | HP: 14/20 | Current AC: 22 T 14 FF 19 | CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc +2 | Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 |

Before setting off, Xavier would quietly ask Werner if he wouldn't mind holding onto a wand of Cure Light Wounds for him, since the halfling can't use it himself.

Xavier's typical modus operendii is to hit himself with his wand of Mage Armor at the first signs of anything even remotely suspect. The nearby bear tracks do, in fact, qualify.

As they get within sight, Xavier sighs at the presence of the owlbears, muttering "never ever goes as planned..." to himself as he takes out and uses a wand of Shield on himself, preparing to help his party combat these things however he can.

Initiative?


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Werner:
Werner knows these are zombie owlbears, creatures with undead traits who have DR 5 that can be overcome with slashing weapons.

Initiative indeed!

initiative:
Amiri: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20(already done)
Caerwynn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Silgil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Werner: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Xavier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
owlbears: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Round 1
Silgil
Amiri
owlbears
Xavier
Caerwynn
Werner

Silgil and Amiri are up! Moved Silgil back since initiative started.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric 4 (HP: 35/35) | Init: +0 | AC: 19 T: 11, FF: 19 | Perception +3 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +8 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | 3* reroll 1/1

"They are acting strange because they are dead! Cut them with blades if you want to hurt them!"

Dark Archive

HP: 31/45 (39/53 raging)| AC: 18 (12 Tch, 16 Fl) Current: 16/10/14 | CMB: +8, CMD:20 | F:+6 (+2raging), R:+3, W:+2(+2raging) (+2vFear, +1v Traps)| Init: +2 | Perc: +8 SM: +1 | Speed 30 Rage (7/12) | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge, Re-roll used

"Thank the gods the boring walk is finally over! Amiri SMASH!"
Charging Raging Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 20
magical Slashing dmg: 2d8 + 7 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 7 + 3 + 6 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male L/G Dwarf Wizard(Transmuter)/6 | HP: 61/68 (+? false life) | AC/FF/T: 14/14/10 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F:+9, R:+4, W:+8 (+2 Hardy) | Init: +6 | Speed 20 ft | Appraise+8, KnArc+8, KnDun+8, KnEng+8, KnGeo+13, KnHis+8, KnPln+8, Lin+9, Perc+7, SpCft+13 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Haste

Silgil moves up and starts casting enlarge.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Amiri does, in fact smash. The undead owlbear reels backward but does not fall!

Silgil begins casting a spell!

Orange lashes back at Amiri! Unlike most zombies, this one does not appear to be staggered, and in fact seems faster than a live owlbear!

claw 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 miss

claw 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
claw 2 dmg: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
plus free grab: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 success

bite vs grappled AC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
bite dmg: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

slam vs grappled AC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
22 pts total on Amiri from three hits, and she is owlbearhugged.

Blue charges at Silgil!
claw, charge: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30
claw dmg: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
plus free grab: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 success
And a big ol' concentration check for that enlarge spell. DC 34, by my count, with damage and grapple.

Xavier, Caerwynn, and Werner are up!

GM note: on the plus side, you got the zombie owlbears' attention and they've stopped attacking the cottage... ;-)

Grand Lodge

Male L/G Dwarf Wizard(Transmuter)/6 | HP: 61/68 (+? false life) | AC/FF/T: 14/14/10 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F:+9, R:+4, W:+8 (+2 Hardy) | Init: +6 | Speed 20 ft | Appraise+8, KnArc+8, KnDun+8, KnEng+8, KnGeo+13, KnHis+8, KnPln+8, Lin+9, Perc+7, SpCft+13 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Haste

Hopeless Concentration Check: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 3 = 18

"Ouch!!! Lucky thing dwarves are tough."

Dark Archive

Active Spells: Mage Armor (1hr), Shield (7 rounds) | HP: 14/20 | Current AC: 22 T 14 FF 19 | CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc +2 | Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 |

Xavier curses a bit as he five-foot steps to one side, "blast...can't use some of my normal tactics on them because they're undead...let's see if I can't lend Silgil some aid at least..."

Xavier casts Grease (DC 15) at the squares underneath the Blue undead owlbear, then takes out his Wand of Magic Missile as a move action.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric 4 (HP: 35/35) | Init: +0 | AC: 19 T: 11, FF: 19 | Perception +3 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +8 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | 3* reroll 1/1

Seeing Silgil in danger, Werner rushes forward. He draws his greatsword as he moves, and tries to cut the creature down!
Greatsword Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Greatsword Attack (Confirm Crit?): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Greatsword Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9
Greatsword Crit Damage (if by some miracle it confirmed: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 5) + 4 = 12

"Foul undead thing! Stay dead and stop moving!"

Dark Archive

Active Spells: Mage Armor (1hr), Shield (7 rounds) | HP: 14/20 | Current AC: 22 T 14 FF 19 | CMD: 11 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +5 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +5 | Perc +2 | Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 |

(if it falls prone from grease and still has the grappled condition...maybe?)


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

maybe?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
LOL, yeah, not so much.

The owlbear keeps its feet! Werner's blade hits but is not a critical hit!

Caerwynn

Grand Lodge

Human Naturalist 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 20 FF 18 Tch 12 | CMD 16 | F+7 R+4 W+9 | Perc +13 | Init +2
Per Diem:
Lightning Arc: 8/8 | Spells: [3rd] 3/3 [2nd] 4/4 [1st] 6/6

"Dead owlbears. Why does it have to be dead owlbears!" Caerwynn lifts her hand to the sky, and it is momentarily wreathed in flame. As the fire withers, a spongy ball of burning appears beneath the nearest owlbear's feet.

Flaming Sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 5) = 16 DC 17 Reflex for Half

The woman then carefully picks her way around the battlefield. Long way to avoid AoO.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Refle-fle-fle-fle-fle-flex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
The zombie owlbear somehow avoids much of the damage!

GM stuff:
O 17
B

Round 2
Silgil
Amiri
owlbears
Xavier
Caerwynn
Werner

Silgil and Amiri are up!

Grand Lodge

Male L/G Dwarf Wizard(Transmuter)/6 | HP: 61/68 (+? false life) | AC/FF/T: 14/14/10 | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F:+9, R:+4, W:+8 (+2 Hardy) | Init: +6 | Speed 20 ft | Appraise+8, KnArc+8, KnDun+8, KnEng+8, KnGeo+13, KnHis+8, KnPln+8, Lin+9, Perc+7, SpCft+13 | Active Conditions: Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Haste

Silgil does not have much he can do while grappled. He will simply go on all out defense to try to boost his pathetic defenses for when the inevitable claw/claw/bite comes.


Five-star Hound of Tindalos. Er, GM. Whatever. | RoW Encounter Map |

Silgil, like Gondor, calls for aid! Will Rohan Amiri answer?

1 to 50 of 214 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP Gameday VI: GM Thunderspirit's 4-05: The Sanos Abduction [Core] Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.