[PFS]{Gameday VI] A Case of Missing Persons (Inactive)

Game Master yogadragon


1 to 50 of 263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Reaver's Roar

Your usual routine in Absalom is disrupted, as each of you receive a letter from Venture-Captain Eliza Petulengro requesting you report to an abandoned manor in Absalom's Ivy District. The letter says something about trouble in Galt and needing help finding some missing government officials. An ulfen Pathfinder agent greets you when you arrive at the manor.

We will wait for the rest of the group to assemble before proceeding. I apologize, but I will have to blind fold you for a few moments once everyone is here.

Through a large window behind her, you can see an elaborate and well kept hedge maze.


KYRA HP 59/59; AC 19/t 11/ff 19; f 7, r 4, w 10; bab 5, melee +8, ranged 5; cmb 7, cmd 18; init 0; human cleric / 7
skills:
Diplomacy +12, Heal +14, Knowledge (religion) +10, perc 4

"blindfold? Well, I will trust you, as my goddess led me here for a reason."

Silver Crusade

63/63 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 21, F: +14, R: +9, W: +11, Init +1, Pereption +6, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin 5 Hell knight 1, +1Large Falcata PA: +8, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

Approaching the manor is a tall, seemingly fit half orc. He is grey skinned and no tusks. He doea not appear to be as a normal half orc as he is walking with a torch. He is wearing all black full plate, with his helmet attached to his side.

"Why must we be blindfolded? Are we nit on the same side?"

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 9 | HP: 141/120(NL dmg=27)| AC 25 T15/FF20, CMD:21, Fort:+15*, R+13*, Will:+7*, Init:+7, Percep:+26(30 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Force Ward(21 temp HP),Fortification 15%, Air Cushion(featherfall)AirShroud(air bubble), TK Invis

A slender, raven haired man with pale skin and sharply pointed ears unfolds himself from the shadows across the street and approaches, his heavy cloak barely moving as he steps forward. He wears black on black clothes, in stark contrast to his pallid skin, and his hair hangs loosely past his shoulders. A grim smile shows plainly on his face once he gets near.

"Really... a blindfold... I normally have to pay extra for this sort of thing." he says dryly.

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 8 AC20(24)/T15(19)/F16/CMD17 |HP 67/67 | Fort:+11;Ref:+13;Will+6 |Percept.+12 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen: used bombs 11/15 used) wings 2/7min {heroism, cues, endure elements, shield, mutagen}

Standing to the side is a heavily bearded human wearing leather armor covered in many pouches and bottles. He puffs on a pipe as he listens to the report. He has a long spear propped against the wall and a dagger at his belt.

Aye, this blindfold business seems unnecessary. When you cannot trust the word of a man as his bond. But, do what you must. I shall tolerate your devices.

He offers a nod to each of the others.

Roderick is the name, by the by. A pleasure to meet the rest of you, at least while we are yet unfettered and have our sight.

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 9 | HP: 141/120(NL dmg=27)| AC 25 T15/FF20, CMD:21, Fort:+15*, R+13*, Will:+7*, Init:+7, Percep:+26(30 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Force Ward(21 temp HP),Fortification 15%, Air Cushion(featherfall)AirShroud(air bubble), TK Invis

Fade looks the bearded man over and a half grin creases his face. "People call me lots of things, most not fit to be repeated, but I prefer to be called Fade."

He looks to the others before they are all blindfolded and says, "What about the rest of you lot?"


KYRA HP 59/59; AC 19/t 11/ff 19; f 7, r 4, w 10; bab 5, melee +8, ranged 5; cmb 7, cmd 18; init 0; human cleric / 7
skills:
Diplomacy +12, Heal +14, Knowledge (religion) +10, perc 4

"I am Kyra, servant of the Dawnflower.. and when I can see again, hopefully we will be able to meet properly, more than just a brief exchange of names. I'm sure whatever task lies before us will be best served by knowing more about each other."

Grand Lodge

LN female Chelaxian Human Hungry Ghost Nun 9
Spoiler:
|AC 19, T 19, FF 16|HP: 57/57|F +7, R +10, W +12 (+1 vs poison/disease, +2 vs Ench/fear)|Init +3, Perc +14|CMB +12 (+2 to trip) CMD 30 (33 vs Trip)|9/9 Punishing Kicks, 16/16 Ki, 1/1 Soul-Drinker, 2/2 GL

"Kali, of the Prince of Pain," Says a statuesque human nun in a detached voice. Despite her fine Chelaxian features, her skin is literally black, as though it had been repeatedly marinated in coal or ash, and her scant monastic garments are generously complemented by wicked and cumbersome chains bearing Kuthite iconography. Her shrewd gaze is fixed on their Ulfen contact.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Once blindfolded, she will attempt to track whatever clues she can by means of her other senses.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 9 | HP: 141/120(NL dmg=27)| AC 25 T15/FF20, CMD:21, Fort:+15*, R+13*, Will:+7*, Init:+7, Percep:+26(30 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Force Ward(21 temp HP),Fortification 15%, Air Cushion(featherfall)AirShroud(air bubble), TK Invis

As the blindfold is put on him, Fade sighs loudly, "Did you have to keep these things in your back pocket? Just hurry up and get this over with before I choke."

As the group gets led away Fade shifts his hands and fingers almost imperceptibly using the invisible aether to raise the edge of his blindfold just enough to catch sight of the ground.

slight of hand/TK finesse: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22 A rascal is always going to try. ;)

Like I care where she is taking us... Well, I sorta care. But I'm not going to let HER know that.

Silver Crusade

63/63 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 21, F: +14, R: +9, W: +11, Init +1, Pereption +6, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin 5 Hell knight 1, +1Large Falcata PA: +8, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

"I am Rogar, Paladin of Abadar. There is no good with out law and there is no law more true than that of the gods. Without law there is no order. Without order there is only chaos. Those who break the law, are the ones I bring to justice."

He then proceeds to put the hood over his head and wait to arrive at the desttination
-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 9 | HP: 141/120(NL dmg=27)| AC 25 T15/FF20, CMD:21, Fort:+15*, R+13*, Will:+7*, Init:+7, Percep:+26(30 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Force Ward(21 temp HP),Fortification 15%, Air Cushion(featherfall)AirShroud(air bubble), TK Invis

"My safe word is pomegranate."


Reaver's Roar

Kali senses no malice, hostility, or ill intent from the woman. She is just a fellow Pathfinder here to do a job for the Society.

We are all on the same side, but some things are more secret than others. I regret having to ask you to wear blind, but only the highest ranking pathfinders are privy to information on this particular method of travel. She turns to look at Fade, giving him a good scan up and down. A mildly offended look crosses her face, and she responds

Ahem... I assure you, nothing of that sort will be necessary for you.

With that, she leads you all out of the house and into the maze. She leads you through the maze for a few minutes. Kali is pretty sure she could replicate the route through the maze. Eventually, you reach what you guess is the center of the maze. Everyone can detect the strong scent of roses in this area. Fade gazes around from his slightly askew blindfold and sees a massive archway covered in roses. The woman speaks a phrase in Druidic, and leads you through the passageway. The temperature drops several degrees when you pass through the archway. Kali is able to follow the first dozen or so turns in this new maze, but is quickly lost beyond that. You travel for about half an hour before stopping. Then the woman speaks a few more words in druidic, and ushers you through one more portal.

An unfamiliar woman’s voice intones, You may now remove your blindfolds. The blinding light of day reveals lush garden. A tall woman wearing a white porcelain mask face and a crimson ribbon around her neck stands nearby. I apologize, but my employer, Venture-Captain Petulengro, requests you immediately join her in the sculpture hall of the Palace of the Glorious Revolution, a local museum. It is only a short walk from here, and she will be able to answer all of your questions when you arrive. Please hide your wayfinders and any other signs of your affiliation with the Society. Once you enter the building, the sculpture hall will be down the hallway to the left. You can’t miss it. Oh, and she’s in disguise today. She has long black hair and is wearing a green dress. Without waiting for a reply, the masked woman points toward a ruined palace a short distance away.

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 9 | HP: 141/120(NL dmg=27)| AC 25 T15/FF20, CMD:21, Fort:+15*, R+13*, Will:+7*, Init:+7, Percep:+26(30 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Force Ward(21 temp HP),Fortification 15%, Air Cushion(featherfall)AirShroud(air bubble), TK Invis

As he removes his blindfold, Fade keeps his hand raised to shade his eyes from the intense light, squinting.

" Nice garden." he says with a raised eyebrow and a nod.

He quickly starts walking to the ruined palace, keeping a sharp eye out for things of interest, while making sure his affiliation is well hidden.

Whether it is out of kindness or some selfish reason, he wordlessly helps the others hide their affiliation by way of his special abilities.

perception(+2 for sound): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22
sleight of hand/conceal object: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

LOL, even the dice don't like Fade. Sleight of hand to assist other via TK finesse for auto successes on the other party members, or he can roll for it straight and not assist if that's allowed when dealing with someone else.

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 8 AC20(24)/T15(19)/F16/CMD17 |HP 67/67 | Fort:+11;Ref:+13;Will+6 |Percept.+12 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen: used bombs 11/15 used) wings 2/7min {heroism, cues, endure elements, shield, mutagen}

Roderick will remove his blindfold upon command. He lights his pipe and takes a draw, exhaling with a puff.

Indeed. That was interesting. I am not altogether familiar with this Venture-Captain Petulengro.
With the blindfolds and maze business only adding to the mystery.

Another puff, as he looks around for any clues.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Well, shall we proceed to find this green garbed lady?

Silver Crusade

63/63 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 21, F: +14, R: +9, W: +11, Init +1, Pereption +6, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin 5 Hell knight 1, +1Large Falcata PA: +8, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

After removing the blind fold, he mumbles under his breath.

"It still doesnt make sense to not trust us."

As they begin roll out he will put his helmet on and and looks around as they approach.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

-Posted with Wayfinder


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Reaver's Roar

You are currently in a ruined, burned out palace with boarded up windows. The center of the palace has been hollowed out and converted to a theatre, where a raucous crowd is currently watching a play.

Beyond that, Roderick and Rogar don't see anything they think would be of note or relevant to their mission, though they does spot a building in the distance that fits the description of the Museum the masked woman described.

Upon entering the sculpture hall in the museum, A raven-haired woman in a simple green dress emerges from behind a large sculpture of marching peasants. Her mouth moves, and the whispers float across the room, landing precisely at her targets.

Greetings, citizens, won’t you join me?

She presses on a latch, revealing a hidden door behind the statue and gestures into the secret room. The woman’s feature’s shift rapidly. Her hair turns a vibrant red,and she draws a wayfinder out of a concealed pouch.

Welcome, Pathfinders. I am Venture-Captain Eliza Petulengro. First of all, let me apologize for the clandestine way you were brought here today, but I promise you, it was necessary. Two days ago, I received word from the Almas Pathfinder Lodge. They informed me that two Senators from Andoran’s People’s Council, Victoria Garvensi and Augustyn Naryan, were abducted from their homes in Andoran nine days ago. Their investigations turned up a group of suspicious masked mercenaries, but by the time they tracked down the group’s location, they learned that it had already departed for Galt aboard the riverboat Drifting Current along with three other prisoners. The Almas Lodge requested that I pick up the investigation from there. I was able to prove through divinations that the Senators were indeed two of the prisoners aboard the Drifting Current, but both of them were warded against most of my magical abilities, including scrying. I asked a contact at the docks to inform me as soon as the Drifting Current landed in Woodsedge. Strangely, she sent me a message yesterday to tell me that the ship had been in port for a day or so already.

I followed up with another one of my local contacts, who discovered that the Galt’s feared executioners, the Gray Gardeners, were escorting the senators. Once I heard that the Gardeners were involved, I was forced to back off my investigation and call on the Grand Lodge in Absalom for assistance. Any move that known Pathfinder agents make against the Gray Gardeners could lead to severely negative consequences for us here in Galt. On top of that, if the Gray Gardeners are indeed involved in abducting Andoran’s senators, this could be the start of an international incident.

My investigation also led me to another oddity. A barrister here in Woodsedge by the name of Alois Lofton once served as an undercover venture-captain. I reached out to him via secret channels when I began the work of establishing the Woodsedge Lodge, and he made it clear that he wanted nothing to do with me or with the Pathfinder Society as a whole. When I learned about this case, however, I went to him in person to request his aid. His responses were extremely odd. I got the sense that he knew more about the case but was unwilling to share it. Troublingly, he seemed to be ignorant of rudimentary information about the Pathfinder Society, or even his past status as a venture-captain. When I tried to figure out more, he threatened to take me to court for harassing an officer of the law.

This situation calls for caution and discretion, and I can’t be seen investigating this matter further. I ask that you pick up the investigation in my stead, keeping your status as Pathfinder agents a closely guarded secret. I’ll summarize the leads I have. Please commit them to memory.

The venture-captain raises a finger with each name.

My contact at the docks, Larisa Stronwell, did not report to me in a timely manner about the arrival of the Drifting Current. My contact with connections to the Gray Gardeners, Almont Enderios, informed me that the Gardner’s were involved in this case, and said that he’d look into the matter further. Former Venture-Captain Lofton knows more about this case and not nearly enough about his own past, but you’ll probably need to dig up proof of his involvement if you want him to talk to you. Finally, I’d also recommend talking to Guard Sergeant Ottavia Respani.

Any information you can find will be of use. In particular, I’d like to you look for clues about who is involved, what Lofton knows, and where the Gray Gardeners have taken the prisoners. If you happen to find information about any of the three unidentified prisoners along the way, please report that as well. When you are finished with your investigation, please tie a simple message to this raven and send it to the Lodge. I will return to the sculpture garden to meet you.

The venture-captain hands over a small silver statuette of a raven

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 9 | HP: 141/120(NL dmg=27)| AC 25 T15/FF20, CMD:21, Fort:+15*, R+13*, Will:+7*, Init:+7, Percep:+26(30 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Force Ward(21 temp HP),Fortification 15%, Air Cushion(featherfall)AirShroud(air bubble), TK Invis

"I'll take that... for safe keeping." Fade volunteers, grabbing the silver statuette before any of the others have a chance to.

"Sounds simple enough. Talk to some people, find some people, report on some people. We got this. We'll send the little birdie along once we're done. You got nothing to worry about. You're dealing with professionals here." he says cockily and with a smirk.

He looks over his team once more, scanning each face for something, though what that something is, is hard to tell. He sighs audibly before long and then asks, I am sure the group has questions. Anyone want to ask them before we get underway?"


KYRA HP 59/59; AC 19/t 11/ff 19; f 7, r 4, w 10; bab 5, melee +8, ranged 5; cmb 7, cmd 18; init 0; human cleric / 7
skills:
Diplomacy +12, Heal +14, Knowledge (religion) +10, perc 4

"Well, investigation isn't exactly my forte, but I am good at talking to people, and keeping my team alive when the fit hits the shan. I'm ready when you all are."

Silver Crusade

63/63 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 21, F: +14, R: +9, W: +11, Init +1, Pereption +6, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin 5 Hell knight 1, +1Large Falcata PA: +8, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

"Do we know anything else about the Grey Gardners? "

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 9 | HP: 141/120(NL dmg=27)| AC 25 T15/FF20, CMD:21, Fort:+15*, R+13*, Will:+7*, Init:+7, Percep:+26(30 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Force Ward(21 temp HP),Fortification 15%, Air Cushion(featherfall)AirShroud(air bubble), TK Invis

know local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"You know, I just might know a thing or two about the Gardners." Fade says after a moments reflection...

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 8 AC20(24)/T15(19)/F16/CMD17 |HP 67/67 | Fort:+11;Ref:+13;Will+6 |Percept.+12 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen: used bombs 11/15 used) wings 2/7min {heroism, cues, endure elements, shield, mutagen}

Roderick nods again, making mental notes before responding with additional questions.

kn:local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Larisa Stronwell down at the docks. Has she ever had similar lapses? Or is she generally reliable. Chasing her down could be a distraction unless her intel is high quality.

Puff on pipe.

Almont Enderios with the Gray Gardeners may have some information, and depending on the information Fade has, that could put a few pieces of the puzzle into place.

Pause to scratch his beard.

Former Venture-Captain Lofton definitely is on the "persons of interest list". However, we will want more info before approaching him.

Another puff and a sigh.

Guard Sergeant Ottavia Respani, by deduction, may be our best starting place but also needs to be handled tactfully.
Having the city guards know we are poking around could raise suspicions but could also avoid conflicts if we can gain their cooperation.
We would need to come up with a cover as to why we are in town and mask our connection to the Society.
I have traveled in the guise of a Slave Trader before on a prior mission, but I doubt Senators would be targeted for such base purposes. No, there is some higher level motive I suspect. Maybe something less obscure, and just merchants or foreign diplomats?

He waits for any response as his mind formulates better options.


Reaver's Roar

Serres knows quite a bit about the parties involved as shown below.
Anyone else feel free to make relevant rolls.

Knowledge Local, Knowledge Nobility or Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC12:
The Gray Gardeners are the executioners of the Galtan
government. They operate the fnal blades, magical guillotines
that capture a person’s soul at the moment of death. The
Galtan Revolution, known as the “Red Revolution” has been
ongoing for the last 50 years.

Knowledge Local, Knowledge Nobility or Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC14:
Galtan justice is rarely just, as its judges and courts
are heavily influenced by public opinion and the whims
of whichever government currently holds power. Gray
Gardeners constantly hide their faces behind gray masks or
veils to remain anonymous and to not themselves become
victims of mob justice.

Knowledge Local, Knowledge Nobility or Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC16:
The Gray Gardeners are headquartered in the city of
Litran, located approximately 230 miles to the northeast of
Woodsedge. Due to their influence, the city is relatively calm
by Galtan standards.

Knowledge Local, Knowledge Nobility or Diplomacy (Gather Info) DC20:
The only democratically elected government of Galt,
the frst Revolutionary Council, commissioned the fnal
blades nearly 50 years ago. Its members wanted a humane,
painless form of execution that would deny Hell its harvest
of evil souls.

Knowledge Local, Knowledge Nobility DC15:
Senator Augustyn Naran is an older Andoran
politician who helped throw his nation’s support behind
Lady Gloriana Morilla’s Army of Exploration during the
Society’s fght against the demons of the Worldwound.

Knowledge Local, Knowledge Nobility DC20:
Victoria Garvensi is a member of the Andoran
People’s Council representing part of the city of Augustana.
The Garvensi family was a formerly noble family that gave
up much of its wealth and property during the People’s
Revolt in 4669 AR when Andoran gained its independence
from Cheliax and become a democratic.

Knowledge Local, Knowledge Nobility DC25:
Senators Garvensi and Naran recently sponsored the
Banking Reform and Regulation Act, a proposed Andoren law
that, should it be enacted, would give banks and other lenders
signifcant new authority to collect on money owed to them,
including sending those in default to debtor’s prison

Turning to Roderick, she says It seems we have the right people for this investigation. Larissa is typically reliable. Especially with something as mundane as a boat docking, I don't see any reason why she would hide that information. More likely someone took steps to hide the boats' arrival. Starting with Sergeant Respani seems reasonable. She is an idealist who works for the town guard. She’s a trained musician who longs for the return of artistic heyday of Galtan culture. Perhaps discussing music with her would he a good way to establish some rapport before trying to get information out of her. She’s helped me a number of times by feeding me useful information. She should know if the kidnapped people were moved in or out of the Woodsedge Jail, and how you might spring them out if they’re still there.

Silver Crusade

63/63 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 21, F: +14, R: +9, W: +11, Init +1, Pereption +6, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin 5 Hell knight 1, +1Large Falcata PA: +8, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

Diplo to gather info: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

"I think we will do just fine. The Grey Garneners are the executioners for Gal and use a magic guillotine to trap peoples souls. They seem like ruff people. For working for the law they seem to not be good."

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 9 | HP: 141/120(NL dmg=27)| AC 25 T15/FF20, CMD:21, Fort:+15*, R+13*, Will:+7*, Init:+7, Percep:+26(30 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Force Ward(21 temp HP),Fortification 15%, Air Cushion(featherfall)AirShroud(air bubble), TK Invis

Fade seems to sneer as he mentions the Gray Gardeners,

"They are just a bunch of murdering jerks hiding behind the law. Those magic guillotines you mentioned are called the Final Blades. They've been stealing souls for the last 50 years or so by my count. They say it's because they want to deny Hell the souls of the guilty, but I still think it's sick, and I wouldn't put it past them to use those souls for something sinister, but I tend to think like that."

"What really bothers me is that Galtans don't really do real justice, despite what they say. The judges and courts are more public opinion than anything else and they probably kill more than a few people that didn't do the crimes they were accused of. All the Gardeners wear gray masks or veils 'cause they want to steer clear of any backlash and I don't blame 'em."

"They have their headquarters over in Litran. That's a city about 230 miles northeast of Woodsedge."

Changing topics, he says, "Well enough about them. Let's get on over to Respani and see what we can dig up. As for a cover, I'll work on an idea on the way over."

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 8 AC20(24)/T15(19)/F16/CMD17 |HP 67/67 | Fort:+11;Ref:+13;Will+6 |Percept.+12 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen: used bombs 11/15 used) wings 2/7min {heroism, cues, endure elements, shield, mutagen}

Excellent synopsis. Now we have some actionable details. Strong work, gentlemen.

Roderick continues to ponder.

Mulling over the suggestions for meeting with Sergeant Respani...are any of you skilled in music? I sadly am not. That seems like a good starting point if we can muster a musician in our ranks, or the appearance of one.


KYRA HP 59/59; AC 19/t 11/ff 19; f 7, r 4, w 10; bab 5, melee +8, ranged 5; cmb 7, cmd 18; init 0; human cleric / 7
skills:
Diplomacy +12, Heal +14, Knowledge (religion) +10, perc 4

"I can carry a tune... barely...handy for morning prayers and chants, but sadly, I know nothing of music really... "


Reaver's Roar

Before you depart, the Venture Captain gives you a few additional pieces of info. She informs you of likely places to find each contact, as well as giving you pictures of the two kidnapped senators. Stronwell can be found in her office the docks, Enderios is likely in his home in Fashion Alley, Respani works in a small guard post, and Lofton in usually in his office. Respani also usually takes lunch at a bar called the Drunken Morlock. She'll also give you a few magic items to help along the way: 2 potions of invisibility, an elixir of truth, 3 doses of oil of taggit poison, and a silent metamagic rod.

It is currently 10 AM, so Respani would probably still be at her guard post for a few hours.


KYRA HP 59/59; AC 19/t 11/ff 19; f 7, r 4, w 10; bab 5, melee +8, ranged 5; cmb 7, cmd 18; init 0; human cleric / 7
skills:
Diplomacy +12, Heal +14, Knowledge (religion) +10, perc 4

"Perhaps joining Respani at the DRunken Morlock at lunchtime would be beneficial.. talk to her in a relaxed atmosphere."

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 9 | HP: 141/120(NL dmg=27)| AC 25 T15/FF20, CMD:21, Fort:+15*, R+13*, Will:+7*, Init:+7, Percep:+26(30 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Force Ward(21 temp HP),Fortification 15%, Air Cushion(featherfall)AirShroud(air bubble), TK Invis

"Any place with drunken in the name sounds like a fine establishment to me. It might be a bit public for full press questioning, but buy a person a drink and ask casual stuff... That just might do the trick." Fade says without the slightest hint of sarcasm. In fact, he seems genuinely impressed.

"I don't say this often, or ever before now that I think about it, but that's a really great idea Kyra. " he says with an uncomfortable smile.

"So if we talk to Respani at lunch, we can just be appreciative fans of music with no need to be proficient. I'm loving this idea! Now what are we going to do in the meantime? Talk to someone else?"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

63/63 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 21, F: +14, R: +9, W: +11, Init +1, Pereption +6, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin 5 Hell knight 1, +1Large Falcata PA: +8, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

"Good idea... yes, but is it manageable? Do we know how far the establishments are from each other."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Reaver's Roar

Petulengro says that it should take about half an hour between destinations, so you should have time to question someone else first.

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 8 AC20(24)/T15(19)/F16/CMD17 |HP 67/67 | Fort:+11;Ref:+13;Will+6 |Percept.+12 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen: used bombs 11/15 used) wings 2/7min {heroism, cues, endure elements, shield, mutagen}

Excellent. Let us proceed. We will join Respani at the Drunken Morlock. I agree, the sergeant may be more approachable during lunch.
Before that, perhaps we check the docks for Larissa and the docking ledgers.

Roderick is ready to proceed. He can handle the poison if none other want to carry it.

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 9 | HP: 141/120(NL dmg=27)| AC 25 T15/FF20, CMD:21, Fort:+15*, R+13*, Will:+7*, Init:+7, Percep:+26(30 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Force Ward(21 temp HP),Fortification 15%, Air Cushion(featherfall)AirShroud(air bubble), TK Invis

"Docks first then. Let's move!" Fade says with what seems like genuine enthusiasm. He makes no move to stop Roderick from carrying the poison, but he does take the elixir of truth and one of the potions of invisibility, stuffing it into a belt pouch.


KYRA HP 59/59; AC 19/t 11/ff 19; f 7, r 4, w 10; bab 5, melee +8, ranged 5; cmb 7, cmd 18; init 0; human cleric / 7
skills:
Diplomacy +12, Heal +14, Knowledge (religion) +10, perc 4

"I suppose we could go to the docks first, though it was recommended we see Respani before the others. However time is of the essence, so let's go to the docks."


Reaver's Roar

Out illustrious group of Pathfinders set off for the docks. You are able to easily locate Larissa's office. It is organized but dusty, consisting of a front room for visitors and a back room with several desks and dozens of shelves and filing cabinets, where three people are working. You see someone matching Larissa's description looking through a stack of papers. When you enter, she looks up and curtly greets you.

Oy, who are you? Got lots to work to do, so make your business known.


KYRA HP 59/59; AC 19/t 11/ff 19; f 7, r 4, w 10; bab 5, melee +8, ranged 5; cmb 7, cmd 18; init 0; human cleric / 7
skills:
Diplomacy +12, Heal +14, Knowledge (religion) +10, perc 4

"My name is Kyra, and I was hoping you could spare me a few minutes to discuss a matter of mutual concern... AFter all, societal affairs affect us all... Please... a moment of your time in private?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Mesmerist 10 AC21/T15/F17/CMD21 |HP 88/88 | Fort:+6;Ref:+15;Will+17(+8 vs charms and compulsions) |Percept.+18 | Init.+9

Catching up

A stunningly attractive woman with vulpine features arrives fashionably late in a luxurious carriage drawn by 8 white horses. Her clothing is of the latest style and both functional and well tailored. You catch a glimpse of a fine gauge metal armor under her clothing and she is armed with both spear and crossbow. Looking somewhat surprised that you actually started without her she intone I am princes Zen. Am I late?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 8 AC20(24)/T15(19)/F16/CMD17 |HP 67/67 | Fort:+11;Ref:+13;Will+6 |Percept.+12 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen: used bombs 11/15 used) wings 2/7min {heroism, cues, endure elements, shield, mutagen}

Roderick will enter with Kyra, but says nothing. He tries to appear more merchant-like, letting the cleric do the talking.


KYRA HP 59/59; AC 19/t 11/ff 19; f 7, r 4, w 10; bab 5, melee +8, ranged 5; cmb 7, cmd 18; init 0; human cleric / 7
skills:
Diplomacy +12, Heal +14, Knowledge (religion) +10, perc 4

Kyra flashes Xen a quick smile and puts a finger to her lips to indicate caution in speech, hoping she takes the hint... A pleasure Ma'am... but introductions will have to wait a few... if you don't mind." She turns back to Larissa , awaiting an answer.

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 9 | HP: 141/120(NL dmg=27)| AC 25 T15/FF20, CMD:21, Fort:+15*, R+13*, Will:+7*, Init:+7, Percep:+26(30 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Force Ward(21 temp HP),Fortification 15%, Air Cushion(featherfall)AirShroud(air bubble), TK Invis

As Kyra distra...er... interacts with Larissa, Fade just nods along with his arms crossed in front of himself, covering the slight movement of his fingers as he twists and pulls nearly invisible strands of aether to move the papers on the desk.

slight of hand to move papers around via TK without being noticed: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25
perception to see if he sees a shipping ledger or any notes related to the Drifting Current: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25

Grand Lodge

LN female Chelaxian Human Hungry Ghost Nun 9
Spoiler:
|AC 19, T 19, FF 16|HP: 57/57|F +7, R +10, W +12 (+1 vs poison/disease, +2 vs Ench/fear)|Init +3, Perc +14|CMB +12 (+2 to trip) CMD 30 (33 vs Trip)|9/9 Punishing Kicks, 16/16 Ki, 1/1 Soul-Drinker, 2/2 GL

Kali stands in the back, taking in the room...

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

...and Larissa's measure.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Silver Crusade

63/63 HP, AC: 20, T: 11, FF: 19, CMD: 21, F: +14, R: +9, W: +11, Init +1, Pereption +6, LG Male Half-Orc Paladin 5 Hell knight 1, +1Large Falcata PA: +8, 2d6+13,19-20 x3)

Rogar waits in the waiting room. As he is more intimidating than diplomatic.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Reaver's Roar

Larissa reluctantly stands and walks into the front room to speak with you. She lets out a heavy sigh, and pushes away from her deesk. She enters the front room, crosses her arms and levels an annoyed glare at you, waiting for you to speak.

Kali doesn't notice much beyond what was stated above. There are a few other people working in this back room..

Larissa seems like a busy, slightly overworked office worker who would rather be continuing with her work than dealing with you. Kali senses no malice or duplicity from her.

Serres deftly searches through the papers as quickly as he can. You see nothing related to the drifting current in the papers on her desk. You do spot a ledger that you think would have logs of ship arrivals from around the time the Drifting Current arrived. However, it is filed on a shelf and not easily accessible. To get a look at it will require a stealth or bluff, diplomacy or similar check to avoid the notice of the other office workers, or convince them you have a plausible reason for them to not kick you out. Alternatively, one of the other players that isn't engaged in conversation with Larissa can make a relevant check to try to distract them.

Grand Lodge

Image CG Half-elf(wildborn) Tk 9 | HP: 141/120(NL dmg=27)| AC 25 T15/FF20, CMD:21, Fort:+15*, R+13*, Will:+7*, Init:+7, Percep:+26(30 vs sound) | Burn:3 | conditions: none | Active effects: Force Ward(21 temp HP),Fortification 15%, Air Cushion(featherfall)AirShroud(air bubble), TK Invis

Fade steps a few feet to the side and looks for something really heavy(up to 5000 pounds) and unoccupied on the docks, then raises it with aether just a foot or so, possibly off to the side(whatever makes the biggest noise and possibly biggest visual mess as well) before dropping it with a resounding crash!

slight of hand to avoid being seen manipulating aether: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Then when everyone else is distracted for a moment by the huge noise, he attempts to use his aether to quickly grab the ledger and hide it under his cloak.

slight of hand to steal without being noticed: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

If he actually finds something over 500 pounds but less than 5000 pounds, he will take a burn to do lift it. Sound like a reasonable idea?


Reaver's Roar

Serres glances out the window and spots a group of sailors unloading a boat. They have just deposited a load of barrels, and are headed up the gangplank to continue their work. Serres pulls on the strings of the ether, and lifts the barrel into the air, before unceremoniously dropping it to the dock. It falls on its side and pops open with a loud THUMP, revealing its contents to be pickeled carp. The briny, fishy mixture spills all over the docks. Immedietly, you hear sailors begin to swear and blame each other for not properly securing the load. The other employees in the office rush to the window to see what the commotion is about, giving Serres the distraction he needs to snatch the ledger.

You've now got the ledger, but will likely need to go elsewhere to examine it. I'm going to wait for the rest of the conversation with LArissa to finish before I deal with that, but you will need either a linguistics, profession sailor, profession merchant, or similar to decipher what is in the ledger

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 8 AC20(24)/T15(19)/F16/CMD17 |HP 67/67 | Fort:+11;Ref:+13;Will+6 |Percept.+12 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen: used bombs 11/15 used) wings 2/7min {heroism, cues, endure elements, shield, mutagen}

Roderick steps forward. We are seeking the checked luggage from a couple diplomats who recently arrived in port a few days back. We were told they were missing and we need to deliver them to their owners.


Reaver's Roar

She seems a little confused. If someone lost some luggage, take it up with the captain of the ship. We don't really handle that sort of thing. Maybe I can at least tell you which berth the ship is docked in. What is the name of the ship?

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 8 AC20(24)/T15(19)/F16/CMD17 |HP 67/67 | Fort:+11;Ref:+13;Will+6 |Percept.+12 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen: used bombs 11/15 used) wings 2/7min {heroism, cues, endure elements, shield, mutagen}

Roderick gives a puff on his pipe.

The ship, aye. The Drifting Current she is called.


Reaver's Roar

She narrows her eyes slightly as you ask about the ship.

Ah... yes. The Drifting Current. That is in berth 7, just down the docks. It arrived a few days ago...

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 8 AC20(24)/T15(19)/F16/CMD17 |HP 67/67 | Fort:+11;Ref:+13;Will+6 |Percept.+12 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen: used bombs 11/15 used) wings 2/7min {heroism, cues, endure elements, shield, mutagen}

A few days ago? Indeed, that sounds correct. You were tremendously helpful. We will not trouble you any further. Thank you. Roderick will slight bow and head for the door unless there are more questions.

SM: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 as he tries to sense her eye motion, and as usual for trying to fathom the opposite gender, has no clue what the woman really means.

He is not really a face type character, so I wanted to give others a chance to jump in if desired

1 to 50 of 263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Case of Missing Persons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.