GM WhtKnt's Giantslayer: Battle of Bloodmarch Hill (Inactive)

Game Master WhtKnt

Deep in the Mindspin Mountains, a storm giant warlord known as the Storm Tyrant has seized control of a cloud castle and an Orb of Dragonkind, and is gathering an army of giants from across western Avistan—first to bring the orc hordes of Belkzen under his banner, then to conquer the neighboring realms. Heroes defending the human town of Trunau from an orc raid discover that the attack is just a precursor to the Storm Tyrant’s larger plans. Working their way through an abandoned border fort, an ancient giant temple, the tomb of an undead frost giant, and an elite fire giant training facility beneath a dormant volcano, the heroes eventually take the fight to the Storm Tyrant himself inside his flying fortress. Can the giant army be defeated before it can conquer the human lands of the Inner Sea, or will all of Avistan bow down in fealty to the Storm Tyrant?

Norasha Mountainrunner HP 19/28; AC 20/11/19; F+5 R+2 W+4 (+2 vs. poison and magic); Init +1
Rokar Longclaw HP 7/24; AC 15/12/13; F+4 R+5 W+3; Init +2
Milani HP 13/16; AC 18/14/14; F+4 R+6 W+5
Aisha Rageborn HP 17/17; AC 11/11/10; F+3 R+4 W+4; Init +1
Corric Toppleton HP 12/21; AC 15/13/13; F+2 R+5 W+2; Init +4

Roll20 Map


51 to 100 of 1,202 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar notices Rose, Rodrik, and Kurst just after Norasha mentions them, and sees that the Garth brothers are in fact carrying steins.

Hey there, Rodrik, Kurst. Hi Rose. Rokar gives a casual half-wave, half-salute to the brothers and Roseline before continuing.

It's my pleasure to introduce Norasha Mountainrunner, the thirstiest dwarf in Trunau. Any chance you could point her in the direction of a beverage?


Boram follows Rokar over to where Rodric, Kurst and Rose are talking, as Rokar asks for directions Boram chimes in. "A pint would be nice!"


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

And of course, Boram of Glimmerhold announces Rokar.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Furrowing her brow as someone calls her name, Roseline turns around and stares. Tilting her head sideways, she attempts to recall a name. Sure she had seen the man around town before, but they hadn't interacted. Her mother hadn't allowed it. Turning and waving at the catfolk, she offers him a smile before looking down at the halfling that has approached. "Ah, there is a booth that way." Pointing towards where she had gotten her frothy treasure, Roseline tries to keep her booming voice to an appropriate level.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Aw. Rokar feels bad that moms don't like him :(


1 person marked this as a favorite.

don't worry about it Rokar, most moms don't let their kids hang out with halflings either ;)

Borum nods to Rodrik, Kurst and Rose, he then stands politely as the long-shanks talk a little nodding and smiling. Occasionally his head turning to looking for the booth that is selling the frothy golden treasure. All this pleasantry in nice, and I don't want to offend my new friends, but I really do want that pint


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Aye tis be a godsend Roseline! Many thanks! Once I've wetted my whistle, I'll tell you the tale of how my ancestor Rodkar the Pikeheart killed a half-blue dragon basilisk with a black diamond pike.

She quickly went to the booth and in no time she had come back with a plate of steids for them and a glass of wine for Zeviel.

Here me be with a treasure to wet our mouths with. Did not forget ye, you pointy earred lass, the dwarf said to them although she added, And the red wine has a fruity bouquet to it I'm told.

One of the drinks was a pint of ale for Boram.

After handing out the drinks to everyone she took a swing of her mead then she smiled and began to tell the tale of her ancestor.

And Rodkar, knowing that a direct and frontal approach against the foul beast be a fatal folly, quickly surveyed his surroundings. Seeing a path up the backside of the monster's mountainous home, me ancestor quickly and quietly as a mountain rockclimber mouse, and trust me mountain rockclimber mice are well known for being swift and silent mountain climbers and that make splendid pets but back to the tale!...he discovered that he was right above the draconic spawn. Taking ahold of his black diamond pike that he had gained from aiding a kind hearted half-giant blacksmith by avenging the smith's family by slaying a fiendish drake with a heart made of pure darkness, and using the black diamond heart and the limb of a metallic steelwood tree that Rodkar had been gifted by a dyrad after me ancestor saved her and her tree from a lava snake to forge said pike, he took a deep breath, said a prayer to his ancestors and Torag, and made running jump off the cliff, diving downwards towards the draconic basilisk halfbreed, and thus he drove his weapon through the creature's head killing it instantly! And thus the day and the vale were saved! He later went forth on other adventures, including one in which he followed a faerie dragon into a magical lake into the world of the fey and rescued an elven princess who he later married, although that adventure is one my more conservative and traditionist minded kin don't like to tell...but I'm not them tis a good thing because I love that story!

@Everyone There are references to several classic games in this post. The half blue dragon basilisk was a monster you met in the Gold Box Dungeons and Dragons computer games specifically the two Savage Frontier games: Treasures of the Savage Frontier and Gateway to the Savage Frontier. The mentioning of the black diamond pike and using it to kill a basilisk refers to using the same weapon against a basilisk in the King's Quest VIII: Mask of Eternity game. In fact you actually use a black diamond heart taken from a slain wyrm (which looks like an eyeless two legged cross between a wingless drake and a worm. You had to use a metal shaft to make the pike as well. Also the game where you followed a fey creature through a body of water into another world refers to King's Quest VII: Princeless Bride, another classic adventure game. In fact the King's Quest games actually revolutionized the adventure video game genre starting back in 1984 with the first King's Quest game. And there is your trip down adventure game memory lane for the day! The reference of a dwarf falling in love with an elf is a nod to the Hobbit movies!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

The drink flows freely, and there are many different types of vendors in attendance. The whole is rather like a market day with a theme of celebration.

Rodrik and Kurst are amiable to discussion and will follow Rose (and anyone tagging along) back to the booth.

"You know," Kurst begins, "You made a fine showing at the tug-of-war and we could use a good arm in the militia. Have you ever considered joining?"

"Aye," Rodrik affirms. "I didn't have to loosen my grip too much," he jokes, giving Rose a wink.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

When Kurst mentioned that they had done a splendid job on the tug of war, the dwarven woman laughed!

Aye that we did! But joining this militia of y'all's...I'll have to think on it. I don't see why I couldn't but I would have to talk to my superiors of the Ninth Battalion first. I'm supposed to meet Urkur Orcslicer, who's also from the Ninth Battalion and my contact, but he's late which is unlike him. Surely ye lads have met him. He's helped out this town quite a bit in defending it from orc raiders. Rides a rosethorn ram named Golvar. You know those rams with thorn covered curved horns on them.

She takes a drink of her mead and adds, This be a fine town y'all have here. I understand why you defend it so fiercely. I think the leaders of. Janderhoff would be more than glad to form a trade route with ya.


Boram, pint in hands nods a thank you t Narsha and politely listens to her tale as Kurst asks about joining the militia sounds a lot like getting tied down, I really want to see the places where my mother wandered, but these folks seem ok Borum nods his head, and repeats "A fine town in deed, yeah"


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha refills her mug and simply stays near the group, though she doesn't say much. Norasha's brash attitude seems to dominate the conversation, though she has no problem with that. She prefers to keep quiet and keep to herself a bit.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar nurses his drink, enjoying the company of the others, but taking care to avoid over-imbibing.

One's enough for me, I think. No, no, really... Rokar says, disappointing the others as they refill their glasses. Some of us still plan on working today, he teases the Graths.

Milani and I were planning on hunting later. Something tells me today's excitement won't be limited to the tug-of-war! Who knows what we might, find, eh girl? He finishes his sentence turning back to the tiger, who acknowledges the attention with a low, friendly growl.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Aye that be a good idea. While I would like to drink myself silly, it best to keep a level head since I'll be helping iron out the wrinkles in the trade agreement between Janderhoff and Trunau.

Upon hearing of the catfolk's idea of going hunting, the dwarf smiles and says, Aye hunting be good. Tell me Rokar if you see Urkur out there ye tell him he's late.

Well let's hope it's not as exciting as the time on me first day as part of the Ninth Battalion, we were attacked by both dark elves and orcs! The buggers were working together! Me commanders thought it odd as we've never seen the two working together that closely before. Very odd...but matters not now as I raised the alarm the moment I spotted them.


Left campaign due to another player metagaming

Zeviel sipped her wine slowly, half listening to the conversation and stopping to say hello to a passing familiar face from time to time.

"A trade agreement?" she said to the dwarf. "The road between Janderhoff and Trunau must be treacherous for caravans to pass through, what with the sporadic orc raids and everything else that goes bump in the night in Belkzen."


As the talking shifts to hunting and trade agreements Boram heads over to the booth selling beverages and purchases another pint. As he heads back he hears something about drinking oneself silly that's right, most races don't have the resistance to alcohol that we Halflings do, poor blokes. Boram tries to listen as the others continue talking, as he nurses his second pint, smiling when Zeviel mentions the things that go 'bump in the night.' hhmmm, hope she's not talking about me, I haven't done any jobs here in Trunau.


Giving the catfolk a dark look as he shortens her name, Roseline moves behind Kurst, putting the two men between her and the team. As Norasha begins to weave an intricate story, Roseline's eyes gloss over and she starts scanning the fairground in an attempt to find something to catch her fancy. Not seeing anything, she returns her attention to the dwarf. "One question, comrade, are all dwarven tales about being gifted females in response for murdering magical beasts, or am I interpreting the tales incorrectly?" A glint of curiosity shines from her eyes, showing no ill will.

As Kurst and Rodrik mention the tug of war, Roseline's attention is immediatly taken over by that "Nah, I can't ride animals; I merely tend to them when no one else will. I am content with once a month drills and tending my farm. However I might be willing to be persuaded to join if Trunau needs me." Gently nudging Rodrik with her arm, Roseline turns to the group.

"By the by, I don't think that we were properly introduced. I am Roseline Groundsower. It is nice to make all of your acquaintances." Bowing slightly, Roseline gauges the reactions from the group.


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha returns the bow rather awkwardly. "It's nice to meet you as well. My name is Aisha Rageborn. Please just call me Aisha."


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Bowing slightly, the dwarf replies, Nice to meet you Roseline Groundsower! Name's be Norasha Mountainrunner. And to answer your question...depends on the story actually. Of course, tis many a great tale usually involves such things although sometimes the heroic young maiden gets a prince in the end after beating a wicked evil witch. But again depends on the story being told.

She then decided to answer the elf's question, Aye tis be true. But dwarven caravans are tough and many dwarven merchants know how to fight to protect their wares. Not to mention we hope to one day take back the Sky Citadel from the orcs squatting in it!


Boram, bowing slightly, making sure he doesn't spill his pint of Ale, also chimes in "Boram, at your service, and it is a pleasure to meet you Roseline" then turning to Narasha he raises his flagon and says "To the return of The dwarf clans to the Sky Citadel!" not waiting for anyone to acknowledge the toast he takes a sip and winks at her.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar catches the look he gets from Roseline, but struggles to understand any deeper meaning - or if there is one. Ouch. What's that all about?

Sensing some awkwardness and tension in the conversation, Rokar tries to change the subject. Hey Rodrik, you've heard our guest's Dwarven tales, maybe you could entertain her and us all with one your homegrown Trunaun poems? I've heard good things about 'The Other Side of Contempt'. What do you say?


Left campaign due to another player metagaming

"Bring me a few more wine's and I'd be glad to give you a rousing verse of a somber elven ballad. Of course, those tend not to be drinking songs," she mused as the others spoke of song and stories. It had been a long time since she had heard something in her native tongue.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

I'm sorry to say I wouldn't understand a word of it Zeviel, but I've heard it's a beautiful language. It shares some roots with my tongue, doesn't it? Perhaps we could teach each other. It's been such long since I've had a chance to speak Catfolk with anyone else.

Rokar realizes he may have more a in common with the elf than he's realized before. She's been in Trunau since I can remember, and without any family either. At least I've got Milani...

You knew what Zeviel, I'd like to hear that ballad just the same. I'll be right back.

Rokar heads off quickly to find Zeviel more wine.


Left campaign due to another player metagaming

"That would be lovely. I've heard that the catfolk speak in a tongue that rolls off the tongue in a quite literal sense--Wait I was just--!" Zeviel holds out a hand as if to stop the feline, but before she can finish her sentence he's run off to fetch her more wine. She looks a bit flustered.

Me and my big mouth, she thinks to herself with a sigh. Guess hell have to find out the hard way I've got no harmony or rhythm...

Quietly, she starts humming a very broken tune to herself. Practice makes perfect after all...


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

After hearing the elf sing, the dwarf had to smile.

Well well she's pretty good that be true no doubt about that.

Good show there Zeviel.

Although the dwarven woman was a bit miffed to say it though.

She then joined the halfling in a toast.

Aye! To the day the dwarves retake not only our Sky Citadel but also the day when the dwarves and the brave folk who weathered the orcs' attacks drive them out of these lands!

Wondering if the people of Trunau are going to join in on that toast. :3


Boram nods his head seriously, and clinking cups with Norasha takes a second drink, in his best dwarfish brogue he says "Aye ta that Lassie! Aye ta that"

seeing Rokar bringing back more wine for the radiant she-elf, he finds himself an oversized chair, anticipating her tune. Well this should be some fine entertainment, drinks and a show, it't turning out to be a fine night.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Rokar hustles back to the group, flagon in hand, excited to hear Zeviel's ballad.

I hope I didn't miss anything

He offers the wine to the elf, ready to refill her cup, and smiles excitedly.

Your wine, Miss Grovesong.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Several of the townsfolk join in the toast, and the celebration continues long into the night.

I'll allow a day to finish up any discussion threads and then we'll move on.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Well some of the NPCs have been asked some questions from our characters. I guess we are still waiting for them to answer them.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Yeah, I'm just waiting to see if Rodrik and Zeviel are going to perform for us :) All set other than that. I'm really liking the group dynamic so far

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Rodrik consents to a few verses from his work, "Ballad of the Bloodmarch." He wrote his hit poem after Trunauans held off the orcs of the Legbreaker tribe for 6 days before finally routing them. The epic piece is not as somber as its name might indicate, and it is practically synonymous with Trunauan pride and the iconic militaristic fervor of the townsfolk. While the poem does manage to capture much of the solemn reverence that accompanies the trials and horrors of warfare, those sobering themes are contrasted by emotionally powerful scenes of wartime heroism and examples of holding one’s own.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Norasha whistles.

Be an epic piece there Rodrik! Tis a grand poem. Surely you are blessed by the Bolka herself!

She then remembers someone mentioning another poem he did.

Now what be this other poem of yours....the Other Side of Contempt? Mind if we hear it?

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Rodrik blushes in the admiration. When asked about his other poem, he replies, "I'd rather not, friend dwarf, if it is all the same to you. Not everyone understands the nuances of the poem and it tends to cause hurt feelings."


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Aye aye. I see. But if it means anything to ye, me happen to be a poet myself. Ahe I know that dwarves aren't known for their poetry but well our poems do better in Dwarven. Maybe one day ye can let me read it one poet to another if ye will. And say have either of one of ye seen Urkur?

As she waited for her answer she looked up into the sky and said, On the last night before I arrived in Trunau, I saw a two tailed and two colored comet: part gold and part red. Among us dwarves such a comet means that both dire and great events are about to take place.


Clapping Rodrik on the shoulder as he finishes his poem, Roseline grins from ear to ear, beaming with pride. "Well written. Your poetry is only matched by your tactician skills." As the hour grows late, Roseline releases a full body yawn, stretching and popping her joints as she attempts to stay alert.

"Kurst, what about you? Do you have any hidden talents? Or did Iomedea grant you an amazing tactical mind, just as your father?"
Beaming at the nearly forgotten brother, Roseline tosses her braided hair over her shoulder, interested to hear what Kurst has to say.


Left campaign due to another player metagaming

From the back of the small impromptu gather, Zeviel takes her new goblet of wine and knocks it back like she did back in her youth. She sets the empty cup down on a nearby surface and clears her throat. Apparently people actually expected her to sing, and she couldn't not after receiving free wine in anticipation of her efforts.

Better now than later... Get it over with now while they aren't paying much attention...

"Ai! laurië lantar lassi súrinen,
Yéni únótimë ve rámar aldaron!
Yéni ve lintë yuldar avánier
mi oromardi lisse-miruvóreva
Andúnë pella, Vardo tellumar
nu luini yassen tintilar i eleni
ómaryo airetári-lírinen.

Sí man i yulma nin enquantuva?

An sí Tintallë Varda Oiolossëo
ve fanyar máryat Elentári ortanë
ar ilyë tier undulávë lumbulë;
ar sindanóriello caita mornië
i falmalinnar imbë met, ar hísië
untúpa Calaciryo míri oialë.
Sí vanwa ná, Rómello vanwa, Valimar!

Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar.
Nail elyë hiryva. Namárië!"

Elven:

Ah! like gold fall the leaves in the wind,
long years numberless as the wings of trees!
The long years have passed like swift draughts
of the sweet mead in lofty halls
beyond the West, beneath the blue vaults of Varda
wherein the stars tremble
in the song of her voice, holy and queenly.

Who now shall refill the cup for me?

For now the Kindler, Varda, the Queen of the stars,
from Mount Everwhite has uplifted her hands like clouds
and all paths are drowned deep in shadow;
and out of a grey country darkness lies
on the foaming waves between us,
and mist covers the jewels of Calacirya for ever.
Now lost, lost to those of the East is Valimar!

Farewell! Maybe thou shalt find Valimar!
Maybe even thou shalt find it! Farewell!

The Song of Eldamar, from the Lord of the Rings

As her final note comes to an end she quickly turns a bright crimson. She blinks, then quickly darts off to find another glass of wine without another word.


Female Half-Orc Psychic 3 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 11, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 10 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +1 | Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft. | Phrenic Points: 2/3 | 1st-level: 2/6

Aisha's eyes go wide as the elf's voice lifts. The beautiful sound weaves through the air and sends a shiver down her spine. When the song finally concludes, she takes a moment to compose herself. "That was beautiful," she says. "I don't speak Elven, but it's still amazing."


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Aye a beautiful song...um...I got dirt in me eye. Or dust or something.

Stupid elf causing me to get all misty eyed, the dwarven woman thought.

Oh I love that song! Huge Tolkien fan! So when do y'all want to start the next part? The Garth brothers probably have a few questions to answer and then we can finish up things and move onto the next part. But I'm up for continuing to rp some more if that's what everyone wants to do.


Left campaign due to another player metagaming

Zeviel returns, face hidden behind the rim of a fresh glass of wine, though she drinks this one much slower than the last. She generally remains quiet muttering her thanks at the compliments, but generally avoiding much in terms of eye contact.

I'm ready to move forward


Boram jumps to his feet applauding, almost knocking his pint over, calling out "Bravo, Bravo, That was fine, so very fine, yeah!" After rescuing his pint he settles back down in his chair, very soon beginning to dose off. soon he startles himself awake and asks "Where might a bloke get a night fer a room..." stopping and thinking about what he said he switches the nouns and ask again "..I mean where might a bloke get a room fer tha night, yeah?"


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Aye tis getting late. And we best get a good night's sleep. And who knows Urkur might turn up tomorrow. But me again Boram. Where is a good place to sleep? I've been sleeping with the dwarven caravan he last couple of nights I've been here.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

If you're looking for a place to stay while you're here, you'll want The Ramblehouse, Rokar offers, raising his arm and pointing towards the north. Right across from Iomedae's Sanctuary. You can't miss it.

It's run by a real nice halfling named Cham; I'm sure you'll like her, Boram, and I'm sure you'll like anybody Norasha, Rokar jokes to the gregarious dwarf.

But really, tell her Rokar sent you. She'll treat you well.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

"No talents to speak of, dear lady," Kurst replies. "My brother got the dragon's share of the talent." He smiles back and gives her a sly wink.

"As your companion has said, the Ramblehouse is the best accommodation in town." Rodrik offers helpfully.


Boram gives a deep bow to his new friends, "It has been a pleasure one and all, but I am off to the ramblehouse, to make the acquaintance of this Cham and to get a room for the evening." He toddles off to the north, I believe I remember where Iomedae's Sanctuary is. When he eventually finds his way to the Ramble house he rents a room for the evening and is off to bed.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Aye but who knows maybe the gods have given ye strengths that ye have yet to discover. So ye should be patient and continue to strive for greatness, laddie, Norasha told Kurst.


Left campaign due to another player metagaming

"If we are retiring for the evening, I shall also take my leave," Zeviel stated, still looking a little flush from her embarassment over her singing. Or perhaps she's had a little too much wine a little too fast.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Seeing the elf a bit flustered caused a smile to appear on the dwarf's face.

Well well, seems the elf is having a bit of trouble. And after only what was it two glasses of fruity wine? Wonder what would happen if she drank some mead?

Dwarves it would seem love to point fun at some elves having trouble with their drinks.


Yawning heavily, Roseline bids farewell to her new acquaintances and good night to the patrol captains. "If you need me, I'll be at home. Don't knock on the door; knock on the window. My mom needs her rest." Rubbing her eyes, Roseline makes her way towards the designated meeting place, dragging her feet. When she spots her mother, an older woman who looks eerily similar to Roseline in all but height and color, Roseline offer her mother an arm, before walking home to their small farm.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Got it. Knock on window not on door. Good night Roseline and may Torag bless ye with pleasant dreams!

Norasha waved goodbye to the half-orc even going so far to blow her a kiss.


Male Catfolk Hunter 3 | HP:7/24 | AC: 15 / T-12 / FF-13 | Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +3 | CMD: 16 | Init: +2 | Perception: +8 (+16 Scent) | Normal Vision

Having seen the rest of the group retire, Rokar and Milani bid a Farewell to the remaining party-goers before leaving themselves for a quick, late night hunt.


Female
Quick Stats:
Init +1, HP 9/18 Senses darkvision (60 ft.); Per +3 aura of good, AC20, T 11, FF 18 F +5, R +1, W+4, +2 vs. poison, spells, DR1/adamantine CMB 5 CMD 16 (20 vs bullrush) (20 vs trip)
Dwarf Paladin (Stonelord, Warrior of the Holy Light) 2 of Bolka
Quick Skills:
Diplomacy +5, Heal +5, Knowledge (Religion) +5, Linguistics(Giant) +2, Perception +3, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +5,

Norasha went to the Ramblehouse to get some sleep. She wished everyone a good night before she went to to bed.

51 to 100 of 1,202 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Battle of Bloodmarch Hill: The Ceremony All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.