Emerald Spire (PFS)

Game Master Michael Hallet

Maps


1 to 50 of 1,730 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Placeholder for group 1. Invite only.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 2 (Ancient Lorekeeper) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) | Fort: +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 (roll twice, take best roll) | CMB: +3 | CMD: 14 | Perception +7 Sense Motive +0

Here

Grand Lodge

M Half- Elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 HP: 6/8 AC: 13 FF: 10 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 3 Will: 0 Melee Attack: 1 Ranged Attack: 3 Init: 3 Know (Arcana): 3 Stealth: 11 Darkvision, Light Sensitivity

Dotting! Welcome everyone

Sovereign Court

#76925-32 Male Dwarf Skald HP: 10/10 | AC: 14/10/14 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +0 | Will: +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +5 | CMB: +2 | CMD: 12 |D.Waraxe: +2; 1d10+3 | Raging Song +1 (+2 Str/Con) 5 Rounds/day|
Skills:
Acrobatics-2| Appraise +1| Climb +0| Diplomacy+7| Heal +1| Intimidate +2|K.Plane/Loca/History +6| K.Others +2|Perform (Sing)+6| Sense Motive +1| Survival +1|

My apologies.
Dotting here first.

This is nightdeath. Char to be up soon.

Grand Lodge

#76925 -58 Male Dwarf Figher (Tactician) 3 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 22/12/20 |Init: +6 | Perc: +10 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 18 | D.Axe: +7; 1d10+3| L.bow: +5;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+3| Appraise: +1| Bluff: -1| Climb: +1| Diplo:+1| Heal +2| Intim: -1| K.Eng/Reli: +8| K.(Geo/Nat/Pla/Arc):+7 |K.Others:+3|Linguis:+5| Prof (Soldier):+9| S.M: +10| Spell: +1| Stealth: -2| Survi: +7| Swim:+3|

.


Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin has summoned you to his office in the Grand Lodge in Absalom where he imparts upon you your current mission for the Pathfinder Society. “The Decemvirate has decreed that The Pathfinder Society need to explore more of Golarion’s forgotten ruins to gather knowledge on these ancient sites. One such ruin is The Emerald Spire, a structure believed to be Azlanti in origin located in The River Kingdoms.”

The venture captain gestures to a map spread out on the desk in front of him showing the River Kingdoms with a couple of pins in the north-west near a wooded area labeled as Echo Wood.

“However, before we can begin our survey of the Spire you’ll have to meet with Lady Commander Audara Drovust, a paralictor in the Hellknight Order of the Pike. She is in charge of Fort Inevitable, the nearest secure place where we can set up a base of operations, and we’ll need to keep her happy if we want to send Pathfinders on missions right on her doorstep. We have negotiated to obtain a letter of warrant from the Lady Commander that will give us permission to survey the ruins surrounding the Emerald Spire and delve the deeper areas rumoured to exist below them. The deal is already agreed and funds will be provided to cover the purchase of this warrant, but you will need to make the final trade before you can head for the Emerald Spire. Make your final preparations Pathfinders, then be back here tomorrow morning to join the caravan heading for the River Kingdoms.”

Apart from taking turns on watch and helping out with the usual travel and camping tasks your journey north to the River Kingdoms is an uneventful one. With all supplies and costs covered by The Pathfinder Society it's also one that leaves your purse strings untouched, unless you decide to buy a few drinks at one of the many tavern stop overs during the journey.

During the journey you have plenty of time to get to know your fellow Pathfinders.

Feel free to introduce yourselves!

Grand Lodge

#76925 -58 Male Dwarf Figher (Tactician) 3 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 22/12/20 |Init: +6 | Perc: +10 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 18 | D.Axe: +7; 1d10+3| L.bow: +5;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+3| Appraise: +1| Bluff: -1| Climb: +1| Diplo:+1| Heal +2| Intim: -1| K.Eng/Reli: +8| K.(Geo/Nat/Pla/Arc):+7 |K.Others:+3|Linguis:+5| Prof (Soldier):+9| S.M: +10| Spell: +1| Stealth: -2| Survi: +7| Swim:+3|

The dwarf before you slowly checks each of his equipment and it's easy to see that all of his gear is well maintained as if of a second nature to him. His clothes are travel stained and frankly has had seen better days, leather jerkin mixed with cloth and fur sewn in for maximum comfort and not style.
As he works, his arms reveal several scars criss crossed over his muscles and he takes a deep breath as if centering himself.
"Greeting fellow pathfinders and well met." his voice gruff and deep, rumbling from his chest sounding as if perhaps he had taken a blow to his throat to give him such a deep voice.

"I am Brand Boulderstep, a dwarf who's also a word for hire. Heard that this place we're going too is pretty interesting and might make us make us good coins for spending." he grins, showing a missing front tooth.

Grand Lodge

M Half- Elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 HP: 6/8 AC: 13 FF: 10 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 3 Will: 0 Melee Attack: 1 Ranged Attack: 3 Init: 3 Know (Arcana): 3 Stealth: 11 Darkvision, Light Sensitivity

A nervous looking half- elf quickly checks his pack, eyes darting up ever so often, as if scanning for some sort of danger.

"He- hello," he replies, eyes staring off, never quite meeting anyone's. "I'm No. 201113. It-s all r- ruins, n- no money but what we-we're paid," he says apologetically. "V- Very unlikely to fi-find c-coin.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 2 (Ancient Lorekeeper) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) | Fort: +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 (roll twice, take best roll) | CMB: +3 | CMD: 14 | Perception +7 Sense Motive +0

"A pleasure to meet you, Brand."

He turns to the half-elf..."I'm sorry, did you say your name is No. 201113? A curious name...and easy to remember!"

Ganam is an elf. He is about 6'2" with dark hair and grey eyes. His would be considered a rather handsome elf if it were not for the seeping wound running from the back of his left ear to his chest.

"My name is Ganum Ambergrog.", he says as he adjusts the bandage around his neck. "Please don't be alarmed...it is not contagious. I'm afraid it is a cursed wound that is beyond the healing skills of anyone on this world."

Grand Lodge

#76925 -58 Male Dwarf Figher (Tactician) 3 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 22/12/20 |Init: +6 | Perc: +10 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 18 | D.Axe: +7; 1d10+3| L.bow: +5;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+3| Appraise: +1| Bluff: -1| Climb: +1| Diplo:+1| Heal +2| Intim: -1| K.Eng/Reli: +8| K.(Geo/Nat/Pla/Arc):+7 |K.Others:+3|Linguis:+5| Prof (Soldier):+9| S.M: +10| Spell: +1| Stealth: -2| Survi: +7| Swim:+3|

"A cursed wound you say?" Brand's interest is piqued by that.
Turning to look over the Elf.
"Care to share where you got that wound? Some manner of beastie?" and grins at the half elf.

"Let us hope if we can find some coins else we'll not be getting far in those ruins. Besides don't they say that ruins have treasure?"

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 1 (Erastil) | Init +3 | AC: 16/11/15 | Saves: 2/1/5 | Init: 3, Perception +8, Sense Motive +7

Evgeny surveyed his new group and took a deep breath, then his voice boomed, "It is great to meet you, new comrades" The man speaking wore scale armor with a sash proudly displaying the holy symbol of Erastil. The exposed portions of his arms are covered in various animal bites.

"I am Evgeny. A practiced hunter, though I must admit, this is my first expedition after I joined the Pathfinders. However, together, I have faith we will prevail."

Visibly discouraged by No. 201113's assertion that there was no money, Evgeny added "Well, I must hope there is. I joined the Pathfinders to raise funds for my village."

Grand Lodge

M Half- Elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 HP: 6/8 AC: 13 FF: 10 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 3 Will: 0 Melee Attack: 1 Ranged Attack: 3 Init: 3 Know (Arcana): 3 Stealth: 11 Darkvision, Light Sensitivity

S-Still unlikely. Thin-things n-never go rig-right f-for me, wh-when I'm around- around. B-but it shou-should b-be a-an adv-adventure." He begins noticeably shaking when speaking.

His eyes bug out of his head upon seeing Ganem, large orbs almost ready to pop out. "C-c- cursed?" He begins slowly, unconsciously backing away.

Grand Lodge

#76925 -58 Male Dwarf Figher (Tactician) 3 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 22/12/20 |Init: +6 | Perc: +10 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 18 | D.Axe: +7; 1d10+3| L.bow: +5;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+3| Appraise: +1| Bluff: -1| Climb: +1| Diplo:+1| Heal +2| Intim: -1| K.Eng/Reli: +8| K.(Geo/Nat/Pla/Arc):+7 |K.Others:+3|Linguis:+5| Prof (Soldier):+9| S.M: +10| Spell: +1| Stealth: -2| Survi: +7| Swim:+3|

"Do not worry Lad, one with your skills will come in very handy. I too hope for gold and will be sorely disappointed to find none."


You're still a few days away from Fort Inevitable and have set up camp just off the Crusader Road. The caravan leader, a Varisian who goes by the name Volar, comes over to speak with you all.

"I was given a couple of items to keep safe for you. The venture captain said you'd need them when you met with Commander Drovust." he says as he hands over a small chest that jingles with the sound of coins and a letter sealed with wax and stamped with the symbol of the open road.

"Rather you than me in that meeting. I'm not sure I like the idea of setting up a supply route under a Hellknight. The rules and regulations they come up with are efficient enough but I don't care for how heartlessly they're enforced. Have any of you had dealings with Hellknights before?"

Grand Lodge

#76925 -58 Male Dwarf Figher (Tactician) 3 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 22/12/20 |Init: +6 | Perc: +10 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 18 | D.Axe: +7; 1d10+3| L.bow: +5;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+3| Appraise: +1| Bluff: -1| Climb: +1| Diplo:+1| Heal +2| Intim: -1| K.Eng/Reli: +8| K.(Geo/Nat/Pla/Arc):+7 |K.Others:+3|Linguis:+5| Prof (Soldier):+9| S.M: +10| Spell: +1| Stealth: -2| Survi: +7| Swim:+3|

"I'm a sellsword. I have had many masters while fighting their battles for them. I would safety say that I have had no dealings with them and thus anything you could tell us now would be helpful to us." Brand points out though his eyes roams over to the chest at times.

Grand Lodge

M Half- Elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 HP: 6/8 AC: 13 FF: 10 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 3 Will: 0 Melee Attack: 1 Ranged Attack: 3 Init: 3 Know (Arcana): 3 Stealth: 11 Darkvision, Light Sensitivity

No. 201113 looks around. "H-H-Hellknight?" he asks, hair standing on end. "W-What's a H-Hellknight"?

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 1 (Erastil) | Init +3 | AC: 16/11/15 | Saves: 2/1/5 | Init: 3, Perception +8, Sense Motive +7

Evgeny's cheery demeanor switched to a more pensive one. Their guide's reaction to the hellknights was definitely worrisome.

"I've heard of them, but I've not met one myself. My village was out in the hinterlands. No reason to ever encounter one all the way out there. I think I crossed one at some point on my way to Absalom, but I know very little about them. Nobody's been overeager to deal with them. I've heard they at least tend to honor their agreements. It's a shame we all know nothing of them."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 2 (Ancient Lorekeeper) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) | Fort: +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 (roll twice, take best roll) | CMB: +3 | CMD: 14 | Perception +7 Sense Motive +0
No. 201113 wrote:

S-Still unlikely. Thin-things n-never go rig-right f-for me, wh-when I'm around- around. B-but it shou-should b-be a-an adv-adventure." He begins noticeably shaking when speaking.

His eyes bug out of his head upon seeing Ganem, large orbs almost ready to pop out. "C-c- cursed?" He begins slowly, unconsciously backing away.

"Sorry, please don't be alarmed. It is probably a bad choice of words.", he says as he adjusts his bandage again.

"It is more of an old wound that it stuck at the time when I was injured. I have gifts that allow me to pierce the veil of time sometimes...but it comes with some cost."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 2 (Ancient Lorekeeper) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) | Fort: +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 (roll twice, take best roll) | CMB: +3 | CMD: 14 | Perception +7 Sense Motive +0

"I've not had any dealings with Hellknights either. What can you tell us about them?"

Grand Lodge

M Half- Elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 HP: 6/8 AC: 13 FF: 10 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 3 Will: 0 Melee Attack: 1 Ranged Attack: 3 Init: 3 Know (Arcana): 3 Stealth: 11 Darkvision, Light Sensitivity
Ganem Ambergrog wrote:


"Sorry, please don't be alarmed. It is probably a bad choice of words.", he says as he adjusts his bandage again.

"It is more of an old wound that it stuck at the time when I was injured. I have gifts that allow me to pierce the veil of time sometimes...but it comes with some cost."

No. 201113 stops backing away, though he still eyes you warily. "I-if you say so," he mumbles, eyes still watching. His sits on the balls off his feet, as if ready to flee at any moment.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 2 (Ancient Lorekeeper) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) | Fort: +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 (roll twice, take best roll) | CMB: +3 | CMD: 14 | Perception +7 Sense Motive +0

"Forgive my forwardness, but how did you come by such a curious name? It is certainly unique.", Ganem asks No. 201113.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 1 (Erastil) | Init +3 | AC: 16/11/15 | Saves: 2/1/5 | Init: 3, Perception +8, Sense Motive +7

"I must admit, I was wondering the same. It is most unusual. I've not come across someone with a number as a name, but I admit I'm not familiar with too many other cultures." He added on to Ganem's question.

Grand Lodge

M Half- Elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 HP: 6/8 AC: 13 FF: 10 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 3 Will: 0 Melee Attack: 1 Ranged Attack: 3 Init: 3 Know (Arcana): 3 Stealth: 11 Darkvision, Light Sensitivity

"It was the name given to me when I lived in Katapesh," No. 201113 replies. "There were lots of us, and sometimes the masters had trouble telling us apart, so they gave us names to help them identify us. He pauses. "They weren't really nice people..

"One day, they put me on a ship with a bunch of other kids. Several of us, going somewhere, and it was a really long time. T-th-then," he starts stumbling, eyes drawn back, looking sad "w-we were att- attacked. L-lots of p-p-people came over, onto the s-ship, p-putting us on boats. I-I don't know w-what h-happened, but the s-ship w-we were on s-sank. M-masters k-kill-killed. T-they were r-really nice to us, tho-though. Helped us back to shore. T-tried to get me t-to change my name, b-but why would I do that? Never got that."

He sighs. "A-anyways, they put u-us in a nice home. G-gave us a momma, t-till we got old-older. S-since none of us had momma's. That was n-nice. I-I grew up, and here w-we a-are."

"W-where did you get your name?" he asks the elf.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 2 (Ancient Lorekeeper) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) | Fort: +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 (roll twice, take best roll) | CMB: +3 | CMD: 14 | Perception +7 Sense Motive +0

"I see...I'm glad to hear there was a happy ending to that story."

"My name comes from my adoptive parents...who happen to be dwarves. I never knew my birth parents. My adoptive parents found me near their home in the Five Kings Mountains. I was just a baby with no note as to my name or anything. My parents searched the surrounding towns, but they never found a trace of who abandoned me. They've treated me like a son and gave me a name that was from their family."

Grand Lodge

#76925 -58 Male Dwarf Figher (Tactician) 3 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 22/12/20 |Init: +6 | Perc: +10 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 18 | D.Axe: +7; 1d10+3| L.bow: +5;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+3| Appraise: +1| Bluff: -1| Climb: +1| Diplo:+1| Heal +2| Intim: -1| K.Eng/Reli: +8| K.(Geo/Nat/Pla/Arc):+7 |K.Others:+3|Linguis:+5| Prof (Soldier):+9| S.M: +10| Spell: +1| Stealth: -2| Survi: +7| Swim:+3|

"Gladdens me heart to hear that ye've taken in by dwarves. I do Hope that they do right by ye." interjects Brand.
He frowns as he looks at the numbered one.
"Can't say the same for ye. We should at least have a name to call ye by, calling out numbers in the midst of battle is a mouthful. Do you not have a nickname perhaps? I know ye had a hard life but ye survived what I think is the life of a Slave. Ye can be better then just a number."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 2 (Ancient Lorekeeper) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) | Fort: +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 (roll twice, take best roll) | CMB: +3 | CMD: 14 | Perception +7 Sense Motive +0

"Perhaps 2 for short?", Ganem says to No. 201113.

Grand Lodge

M Half- Elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 HP: 6/8 AC: 13 FF: 10 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 3 Will: 0 Melee Attack: 1 Ranged Attack: 3 Init: 3 Know (Arcana): 3 Stealth: 11 Darkvision, Light Sensitivity

No 201113 just blinks at you in surprise and disbelief. "You w-want m-me to c-change my n-name?"


Feel free to continue the name related converation. I'm posting this for when you're ready to move on.

Once the conversation about No. 201113's potential nicknames dies down Volar comes back over after finishing his meal.

"Well whatever your personal feelings on these hellknights we're all going to have to work under them for a while. Fort Inevitable is completely under their control so if the Pathfinder Society want to explore the Emerald Spire we'll have to 'play by their rules' as it were." says Volar with a shrug of resignation.

"Once we get to the town i'll leave you lot to deal with the commander while we set up a base of operations for the Society. We've arranged to hire out barracks within town. I wonder if the venture captain had any reservations with 'making a deal with a devil'?" says Volar, chuckling slightly at his own joke.

Grand Lodge

#76925 -58 Male Dwarf Figher (Tactician) 3 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 22/12/20 |Init: +6 | Perc: +10 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 18 | D.Axe: +7; 1d10+3| L.bow: +5;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+3| Appraise: +1| Bluff: -1| Climb: +1| Diplo:+1| Heal +2| Intim: -1| K.Eng/Reli: +8| K.(Geo/Nat/Pla/Arc):+7 |K.Others:+3|Linguis:+5| Prof (Soldier):+9| S.M: +10| Spell: +1| Stealth: -2| Survi: +7| Swim:+3|

"Can you tell us about the commander?" questions Brand.

"Since we are already here, the least we can do is know the name of the commander in charge."

Sovereign Court

Male LN Gnome UnSummoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:18 T:14 FF:15 | CMD 9 | Fort+1 Ref+3 Will+2 | Init +3 | Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Low-Light Vision

From up the road a lone mule pulling a makeshift carriage stamped with the Glyph of the Open Road makes its way toward the camp, trudging along at a forced march. Shortly after the carriage arrives and finally comes to a halt, rustling and muffled voices can begin to be heard inside.

"Make yourself decent Teeva, I do believe we've finally caught up with our new friends."

After a second or two longer the pale thin sheets covering the side of the cabin separate and from them emerges a short, stout gnome with a groomed mustache and a head of thick brown hair. He steps proudly down to the ground, carrying himself like a noble but wearing the smile of a rascal. Without waiting for an invitation to introduce himself he begins.

"Terribly sorry about our late arrival, it seems we're here in the stead of an otherwise occupied Agent. Although in truth I can't say I mind arriving fashionably late." He rolls the sleeves of his orange and yellow tunic up and offers a hand forward in introduction. "Tarbin Kindlemoar, a pleasure to make your collective acquaintance. And speaking of late entrances, he says as he turns to face his cart, "Teeva, are you quite ready to join us?" With a wink to the rest of the group he whispers, "Try not to let her appearance unsettle you. I promise she's a little puppy dog at heart."

Sovereign Court

LE Biped Kyton Eidolon | HP 11/11 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD 16 | Fort+3 Ref+1 Will+2 | Init +1 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Darkvision

Following the exit of Tarbin, the sheets of the carriage again open to reveal a newcomer. This one, however, was markedly different.

The "woman" emerging from the cart was certainly unlike any others one could find working for the lodge. Grizzly, spiked chains wrapped her body like bandages, bound so tightly the wounds they inflicted bled with each movement. Her entire body was painted in seemingly self-inflicted wounds, with metal piercings driven through her skin at every inch, some clasped together by a thin wire that pulled her flesh apart, revealing exposed muscle when she moved in certain ways. She wore promiscuously small straps of leather that seemed to be driven into her body by screws all along their edges, and what little they covered was further bound by the chains that coiled her entire body. Her skin was as white as ivory, which only further accentuated the bright crimson of her wounds.

When she steps out from the carriage she makes her way to Tarbin, standing behind him. "Are these our new friends Tarbin? I simply can't wait to get to know them better." When she talks there's a puff of icy air from her mouth, like she's breathing in a chilly winter.


Brand Boulderstep wrote:

"Can you tell us about the commander?" questions Brand.

"Since we are already here, the least we can do is know the name of the commander in charge."

"Of course. Venture-captain Valsin said she's called Audara Drovust, though i'd imagine she'd prefer if you called he Lady Commander Drovust, or simply Lady Commander."Volar replies.

"Ah and i see one of late arrivals is here. Welcome Tarbin, i recieved a missive at our layover in Daggermark that you'd be meeting us somewhere around here. You and your companion can come and join us and warm yourselves by the fire."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 2 (Ancient Lorekeeper) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) | Fort: +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 (roll twice, take best roll) | CMB: +3 | CMD: 14 | Perception +7 Sense Motive +0
No. 201113 wrote:
No 201113 just blinks at you in surprise and disbelief. "You w-want m-me to c-change my n-name?"

Ganem puts his hands up, "No, no...I promise to only use it if time is of the essence."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 2 (Ancient Lorekeeper) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) | Fort: +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 (roll twice, take best roll) | CMB: +3 | CMD: 14 | Perception +7 Sense Motive +0

"Please to meet you, Tarbin. And you too, Teeva...", his voice trails away as Teeva steps out of the carriage.

"Forgive me", he says as he shakes Tarbin's hand. "Your companion appears to have been wounded...or something..."

Sovereign Court

Male LN Gnome UnSummoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:18 T:14 FF:15 | CMD 9 | Fort+1 Ref+3 Will+2 | Init +3 | Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Low-Light Vision

Tarbin bursts into a hearty laugh, the kind you'd expect more from a dwarf than a gnome. "She's a Kyton, lad." He reaches back over his head, giving one of her piercings a flick. "They're artists of the flesh who thrive on body modification and masochism, I assure you she's feeling quite alright."

Tarbin accepts Volar's offer and the pair of new arrival joins the rest of the party by the fire. Despite the clear approximate warmth of the flames, Teeva's breaths are still cloudy.

Liberty's Edge

M Current AC: 29 AC Base: 21 T 15 FF 21 | HP 29/29| F +4 R +9 W +5 | CMD 13 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. Traps) | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd: 0/2 Inspiration: 4/6 | Active Buffs: See Invisibility, Barkskin Investigator 4

Off in the distance, the party spots a small dust cloud. It slowly gets closer and closer, until the group can make out a short, dark shinned humanoid riding a pony approaching. The figure dismounts, and gives the pony a slap on the rump, causing it to turn and gallop off into the wilderness.

Aldy Rolda at your service! I saw some signs a few towns back requesting the services of an experienced trapfinder! I heard some other people in the tavern talking about coming here to take up the contract, but they didn't seem to know what they were doing. And I'd hate for you folks to have a sub-par member in your group, so I stole...errr... borrowed one of their horses to catch up with you fine folks. So we should probably get moving. Before they catch up with us. Err... I mean, I'd hate to delay your mission! So lets hit the road!

Grand Lodge

#76925 -58 Male Dwarf Figher (Tactician) 3 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 22/12/20 |Init: +6 | Perc: +10 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 18 | D.Axe: +7; 1d10+3| L.bow: +5;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+3| Appraise: +1| Bluff: -1| Climb: +1| Diplo:+1| Heal +2| Intim: -1| K.Eng/Reli: +8| K.(Geo/Nat/Pla/Arc):+7 |K.Others:+3|Linguis:+5| Prof (Soldier):+9| S.M: +10| Spell: +1| Stealth: -2| Survi: +7| Swim:+3|

"My thanks for the name and well met to the rest of you." He stands up and dusts himself.

"Now that we're all here, shall we proceed on?"

Grand Lodge

M Half- Elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 HP: 6/8 AC: 13 FF: 10 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 3 Will: 0 Melee Attack: 1 Ranged Attack: 3 Init: 3 Know (Arcana): 3 Stealth: 11 Darkvision, Light Sensitivity

"N-nice to meet y-you all! No. 201113 answers.

Brand Boulderstep wrote:
"Now that we're all here, shall we proceed on?"

"Quick-ly, probably, b-before A-Aldy's friends arri-arrive!"

No. 201113 quickly picks up the pace, clearly hoping to outdistance whatever trouble may or may not be behind them.


Ganem Ambergrog wrote:
Ganem puts his hands up, "No, no...I promise to only use it if time is of the essence."

"L-last group c-called me N-N-Numbers-s, on occa-occasion. Though c-calling m-me b-by my n-name m-might b-be easier."


As predicted it's only a couple more days of travel until you reach Fort Inevitable.

The caravan leader explains who you all are and why you're here to the hellknight gate guards. You make your way in through the town walls and follow the directions you were given to the Commander's Citadel, a hexagonal tower built into the town wall that stands almost 100 feet tall.

You hand the sealed letter and the small chest to the half-orc castellan and he leaves you to wait in a side room as he tells you "The Lady Commander is busy dealing with town business right now. Wait here and she will see you when she is free."

After a wait that seems to last forever you finally are collected by the commander's chamberlain, a well dressed middle aged human of clearly Chelaxian blood.

"Leave your packs and all weapons in this room, you may collect them after you have met the the Lady Commander." It's very clear this is an instruction and certainly not a request. Once you have all complied he then says, "Follow me, please. And try not to wander off, the tower guards have no tolerance for visitors who cannot follow simple instructions."

The Commander's meeting room is the largest room in the citadel and is decorated with hellknight banners, beast trophies, armour stands and ornate weapon displays. It's quite an intimidating sight that is obviously designed to put the commander's visitors on the back foot.

The lady commander is seated on a large chair at the end of the hall. She watches you all walk down the length of the room. She has a look on her face like you're all barely important enough for her to meet with you.

She looks over each of you in turn, lingering just long enough to make you feel awkward. Once she is done she finally decides to talk."So you are the representative's that your Pathfinder Society has sent, then? I hope your skills are greater than they appear. Your society has a bad reputation back in Cheliax. You are known to interfere in things that do not concern you, which is something that I will not tolerate here in MY town. Your Venture-captain Valsin has already agreed to the terms by which you will be allowed to stay in this town and us it as a base of operations. You will follow these rules or you will be arrested. Do you understand?"

Sovereign Court

Male LN Gnome UnSummoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:18 T:14 FF:15 | CMD 9 | Fort+1 Ref+3 Will+2 | Init +3 | Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Low-Light Vision

Tarbin gives the Lady a low, sweeping bow. "But of course my Lady, the business of your town is no business of ours. We're here for the Spire and nothing more." He nods at the various trophies around the room, admiring them with a broad smile. "A truly magnificent collection, and doubly imposing. A lady must be truly powerful to accrue such impressive trophies."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

He turns on his heel, facing the commander again. "We're not here to cause you any trouble, Lady Commander. I'm sure we can keep this situation as pleasant for each other as possible."

Grand Lodge

#76925 -58 Male Dwarf Figher (Tactician) 3 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 39/39 | AC: 22/12/20 |Init: +6 | Perc: +10 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6 | CMB: +6 | CMD: 18 | D.Axe: +7; 1d10+3| L.bow: +5;1d8|
Skills:
Acro:+3| Appraise: +1| Bluff: -1| Climb: +1| Diplo:+1| Heal +2| Intim: -1| K.Eng/Reli: +8| K.(Geo/Nat/Pla/Arc):+7 |K.Others:+3|Linguis:+5| Prof (Soldier):+9| S.M: +10| Spell: +1| Stealth: -2| Survi: +7| Swim:+3|

Standing at attention as befits for one trained that way, Brand responds.
"Greetings Lady Commander, We are indeed the representatives of the Pathfinder Society. We understand fully the terms set forward and agreed upon between Venture Captain Valsin and yourself and any misconduct on ourselves will reflect poorly on our evidently poor records. Mdm!" adding the last salutation as an afterthought.

Aid Diplomacy 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

"Please have us know the rules that governs this town and we shall endeavour to stick to it."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Oracle 2 (Ancient Lorekeeper) | HP: 17/17 | AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) | Fort: +2, Ref +2, Will +4 | Init +2 (roll twice, take best roll) | CMB: +3 | CMD: 14 | Perception +7 Sense Motive +0

"Of course, Lady Commander. We are interested in studying the ruins only. We will be sure to conduct ourselves in a professional manner."

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Ganem pulls nervously at the bandage on his neck...

Liberty's Edge

M Current AC: 29 AC Base: 21 T 15 FF 21 | HP 29/29| F +4 R +9 W +5 | CMD 13 | Init +6 | Perc +13 (+15 vs. Traps) | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd: 0/2 Inspiration: 4/6 | Active Buffs: See Invisibility, Barkskin Investigator 4

Professional... gah, that doesn't sound like much fun. I make no promises about acting professional. I think I can keep from breaking any laws...

Grand Lodge

M Half- Elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 HP: 6/8 AC: 13 FF: 10 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 3 Will: 0 Melee Attack: 1 Ranged Attack: 3 Init: 3 Know (Arcana): 3 Stealth: 11 Darkvision, Light Sensitivity

No. 201113 attempts to hide behind the Ganem, clearly frightened of this intimidating Hellknight Commander.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

He nods his head slowly in acquiescence, though whether out of agreement or fear, it is impossible to know.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 1 (Erastil) | Init +3 | AC: 16/11/15 | Saves: 2/1/5 | Init: 3, Perception +8, Sense Motive +7

Evgeny found the Commander thoroughly intimidating.

"Well met Commander. I don't imagine honoring our agreement will cause any problems."


"Our laws are very simple. They are the laws of the River Kingdoms with one adjustment to bring things in line with Chelaxian slavery laws. My castellan will provide you with a copy of the laws as your society seems to have forgotten to do so." says Lady Audara. She nods towards the man who immediately leaves the room.

"I'm glad to see that your society did not forget the financial terms of our agreement, otherwise I would not have allowed this meeting to waste any of my precious time. There was a fee of 50 gold for the letter of warrant to explore in my lands, and the deposit of 1000g towards the upkeep of the barracks your society is hiring from the town. Also please note that all treasures, valuables and items recovered will be subject to 30% tax. All items recovered must be itemized and recorded by your base camp at the barracks so that this payment can be taken."

"I'm also pleasede to see your society chose some people who understand the social graces. I'm sure that this can be a mutually beneficial arrangement for your society and Fort Inevitable."

The lady commander pauses a moment before adding, "If you have any additional questions please arrange a meeting with my castellan and he will assist you. If you don't mind i have lots of work to do. You may leave now."

As the group departs the The Citadel, the hellknight castellan hands Brand a sheet of parchment where the Six River Freedoms are clearly written up. The parchment also includes an amendment to rule five allowing for the lawful acquisition of slaves in Fort Inevitable as long as they are treated fairly. If a slave owner is found to be mistreating their slaves they are subject to severe punishments.

You meet up with Volar over at the barracks you'll be staying in and start to plan your expedition to the Emerald Spire.

"Well from what I've seen of a local map the Spire isn't very far away. You should be able hike to the clearing on foot easily enough. Have you all got plenty of supplies? If there's anything you need i can always send a runner to get some last minute items."

A slight GM aside. I've assumed the 30% tax was already allowed for or just ignored for the PFS version of Emerald Spire. Most of this meeting is just for RP purposes to help set up the area near the spire. The sanctioned sections are all within the dungeon levels of the spire.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Gnome UnSummoner 1 | HP 10/10 | AC:18 T:14 FF:15 | CMD 9 | Fort+1 Ref+3 Will+2 | Init +3 | Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Low-Light Vision

Back at the barracks, Tarbin is just finishing his gear check and tossing his backpack to Teeva. "Not much yet, but should be enough to hold us over."

From his belongings he draws a Longspear, an intricately carved weapon, albeit clearly of simple origins. It appears to be more sentimental than powerful. Tarbin gives it a few practice swings. "Hrn, hyah!"

Those well versed in even the most basic fighting can see that he wields the weapon in a bizarre manner, his hand clutching the spear near the base rather than the middle, and maneuvering the weapon with his wrist rather than his hip and shoulder.

Sovereign Court

LE Biped Kyton Eidolon | HP 11/11 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 | CMD 16 | Fort+3 Ref+1 Will+2 | Init +1 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +4, Darkvision

As Tarbin finishes the gear check and practices his spearplay, Teeva dons the backpack and unravels one of the many spiked chains wrapped around her body. This particular one seems thicker and denser, and is clearly meant to be used as a weapon. She gives it a wicked smile before facing the party. "Are the rest of the little doves ready to fly?" She gives No. 201113 a particularly lecherous look. "I'm so excited to see what you can do..."

Grand Lodge

M Half- Elf Sorcerer (Crossblooded) 1 HP: 6/8 AC: 13 FF: 10 Touch: 13 Fort: 2 Ref: 3 Will: 0 Melee Attack: 1 Ranged Attack: 3 Init: 3 Know (Arcana): 3 Stealth: 11 Darkvision, Light Sensitivity

No. 201113, who seems to need no preparation at all for the adventure, gives a start as the strange creature known as 'Teeva' smiles at him. He attempts an awkward smile back, though in his fear it turns into more of a curvy frown.

1 to 50 of 1,730 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Volandis' Emerald Spire 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.