GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


9,801 to 9,850 of 10,988 << first < prev | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | next > last >>

|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

Mahdi:

I'm going to rule that this is a Knowledge(Nobility) check, as you're plumbing your knowledge regarding the City of Brass's current ruler. Well, one of two of the current rulers...

The Elemental Plane of Fire. The most hostile of the elemental planes to mortals such as yourself. Cinderlands, oceans of liquid flame, rivers of magma... all this knowledge comes as naturally to you as breathing.

For the City of Brass, your knowledge sifts through the lore of history, the wars between efreet, mephit, and azer, and wars between efreet and shaitan. You are wonderfully versed in the qualities of elementals, and in efreet, who by their very nature is evil, as their belief in their own superiority to other races mutes any feelings of remorse or responsibility. One of the more renown efreet is the Grand Vizier, himself. Not mere efreet, he is a Noble Efreet Lawful Evil Outsider.

The Grand Sultan Hakim Khalid Suleiman XXIII, the Lord of Flame and Khan of Magma, and the Grand Vizier Abdul-Qawi co-rule the City of Brass in a balance struck centuries ago. They are a fearsome duo, as they wield almost god-like ability and power to crush any opposition to rise against their rule.

Aldebert wrote:
"I expect your master is as evil as you.”

Aberzjerax turns to hear the halfling speak up. "You are foolish to judge, when you are the ones on trial here."

Pent wrote:
"What say you, Aberzjerax?? Will you allow us to retrieve the Eye?"

The dragon looks into the Fog, hearing a plea bleed out of it. A rumble within his chest suggests the dragon considers his options, before answering.

"I'm beginning to think you don't really have the Eye. The Grand Vizier will be less than pleased, when I inform him."

The red dragon also delays, waiting to see what may still transpire here, though the beating of his wings begins to gain strength.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"I said at the start of this, Lord Aberjzerax, that you could search us and not find the key. We can retrieve it for the Vizier-- but-- as my friend who healed you of Ezer's axe-- has asked, we ask your leave to go do so. Failing that, you will have to hunt for it yourself, or spend time in setting minions to do so; will the Grand Vizier be pleased with that delay, Lord dragon, even if we are already mere ash? Yet if you grant our request, dread one, it is the space of no more than a minute for us to retrieve it, and then we will make our case to the Grand Vizier.

Mahdi side-eyes Aldebert before continuing: "Because for all I know of the Vizier, while he and we may have our moral... disagreements... he is among the greatest of efreet, and he is a being who upholds the law."

Sure I'll try to attempt to aid Diplomacy again: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Dammit, dice


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

"The Grand Vizier will be pleased to learn that Ezer is dead." The dragon brings a great eye around to stare down Mahdi.

"Bring it to me, then. Once I have it, only then will the Grand Vizier consider an audience with you."

The dragon waits, slowing the beat of its wings.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent pokes his head out of the Fog, and watches wordlessly as Mahdi spars with the dragon's demand. The gnome pulls at the fringe of the Fog like a shawl.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami steps out of the fog, not intending any violence, but he wants to see more. He will follow his brother's leave and well, Mahdi's too.

He isn't sure what the best solution here is, but giving something that he needs to a red dragon seems pretty crazy.

He waits as well, keeping Yeen from attacking.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert stays with the dragon when, presumably, Mahdi leaves to get the item so recently obtained. He waits impatiently, flying around staying between the dragon and the group as he can.

He waits.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

All eyes seem to gravitate towards Mahdi...

Mahdi's last post suggests a retrieval of the Impossible Eye, but not necessarily a transference of said item to red dragon...


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Apologies, family was here!

Mahdi painfully draws himself up, and darts his gaze around the others, then back to the dragon.... somehow he doesn't think he'll be able to get away with suggesting he needs the help of the others to retrieve the orb. There are times Mahdi wishes he were a better liar, or flatterer, but his ego gets in the way too often. Even his blandishments of the dragon thus far have stuck in his craw, and that's with knowing quite well the thing could kill him with a single bite, no doubt.

"I can no longer cast the spell I used when first leaving the battle," he says, quite truthfully, to the dragon. "I must physically return to where the Eye is and retrieve it. I shall be back before three minutes have passed," he informs the dragon, with as much dignity as he can manage. "After all, it isn't as if I can go anywhere else, is it?"

Sense Motive to see if the dragon really intends to honor any part of helping us get an audience with the Vizier?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Mahdi mutters a short few words in Halfling under his breath as he makes his way down the stairs, still holding his bloodied arm.

Halfling:
"Heal. Do not trust."

He scans the body of Ezer briefly as he passes it...

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

GM:
(Mahdi is specifically looking to see if Ezer had a spellbook on his person.) Mahdi will indeed return down the stairwell to the kitchen, if the dragon actually lets him leave. He will drink his potion of CLW as soon as he's out of sight: CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Presuming nothing attacks, he'll beeline for the kitchen and the mirror. He wants to try and study the mirror if possible and ascertain its properties, if he could learn anything of it in under a minute. He'd be willing to spend a minute, anyway. Specifically, he wants to try and deduce if the mirror can indeed be used an escape from this plane. One other question: how far away are our allies-to-date-- the azer, kobolds, Iavesk the djinn, etc? If it's remotely possible Mahdi could fly swiftly to them and be back in under three minutes he might try that (or potentially ask for maybe five minutes though I don't want to have to ask for retcons). With haste and overland flight up, Mahdi can fly 70' in a single move, 140' as a full round, or more if the run-in-a-straight-line action is available. (he has one more haste he could use on himself as well to keep up that speed, if necessary.) Basically, if he might feasibly get to reinforcements in a few' minutes time, he might consider that, and he might figure that into his request for a few minutes from the dragon. Of course, all of this is contingent on the dragon not attacking me the instant I start to leave. As to what Mahdi will do once he has the Eye, I will answer that as soon as I know the fallout of my queries so far. ;)


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|
Mahdi wrote:
"I can no longer cast the spell I used when first leaving the battle. I must physically return to where the Eye is and retrieve it. I shall be back before three minutes have passed."

"First, you say one minute, now it's three. You can sit here and rot, for all I care. The Grand Vizier will hear of your mewling attempts to keep the Eye for yourselves..."

In the whip of wind beneath the red dragon's wings, the fearsome Aberzjerax swoops down on... Ezer, snatching the nephilim's body in his sharp taloned claws, and thrusting up and into sky above Bayt al-Bazan.

In a matter of moments, both Aberzjerax and the dead Ezer are lost to sight, and you are left in relative peace.

Combat is over.

Mahdi:

Your the minions are situated on the Ground Floor, and the First Floor. Azer mamluks are holding position outside the Treasury, while the skulk and Iavesk are clustering with Rayhan and Shazathared and her Fountain.

So, you would need to thread several needles to access the lower floors, pending random encounters of creatures as of yet, possibly, unaccounted for.

At least you have some downtime now to figure out the Impossible Eye, if you so choose :) Presuming either a day's rest, or a casting of Identify..? Spellcraft DC 36, if memory serves


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent squints his eyes from the blast of air, and watches politely and helplessly as the red dragon drags a corpse up, up, and away.

The gnome immediately starts laying out some healing, as he wants a full board, should the dragon and/or others return, en masse, full assault, grand wave, mighty muster...

Plenty of charges on a Cure Moderate Wounds Wand- fire off your healing, and let me know your charges (2d8+3/charge)

"So... out of the frying pan?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"Into a fire."

Otah swaps the horsechopper back out for Zenzirad.

"It is good he did not decide to just leave one of us alive. Now what?"


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"I suppose Mahdi retrieves the mystical mirror, and we wait to see who comes a calling? What's the plan, Mahdi Mirror-Masker-Raider?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Haha, fair enough! Pent, I think enough of us are injured that a channel might be worthwhile, if you have any to spare.

Mahdi stands, open-mouthed a moment, torn between relief they're not going to die right now and a sort of indignant outrage. As well as sheer annoyance that the dragon took Ezer and all of his things.

"..... lapdog," he hisses once the dragon is (hopefully) out of hearing range. "Very well. We will deal with you when the time comes."

Lifting his chin, Mahdi exhales. "Well. That was a clusterf&#%. I was not expecting the dragon. Next time, we shall be prepared. Let's retrieve the mirror, though I cannot grasp its purpose: if it really IS a key out of here, why on earth would he leave us WITH IT? None of this makes much sense. But we survived. I need to study the mirror, and perhaps Iavesk can tell us something of the Vizier."

Mahdi starts to lead back down the stairs, shaking his head. "The pieces do not add up. Jhavhul stole this key, yet this is his palace-- the deed said as such. But it is also a prison. Was he then the jailer for all these entities? And why so determined to get to the Material Plane? Why was he in Kakishon? Ugh..."

Mahdi is mostly talking to himself, as he retraces his steps to the kitchen, assuming the others are following.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert is as healed as he can be with his curse. He cleans off his blade, but keeps it handy, "We may not have much time before he returns, and with companions if we're unlucky."

He remounts Gretiem, tucking his wings back as much as he can. He rides quickly and watches their rear as that's where the dragon will return.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami looks at his brother, then shrugs.

”Why didn’t we attack it when we could? We might have...we might have bested it, Brother,” Ami hisses uncertainly.

Ami looks around, then at Mahdi.

”Why do they want the mirror, MAH-dee? Can we walk through it and go home? Let us do that then!” Ami awaits magical analysis as he follows his brother.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"Perhaps the marid's gift could tell us what the mirror is, and how to activate it."

"We might have all been dragon-chew too, Ami. I don't know that we could have defeated them both at the same time." the dwarf touches at the charred ends of his beard.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Dragon-chew. I never thought about it like that. Plenty of jerky on the streets of Katapesh. Way easier to keep. I imagine the dragon would enjoy hearing each jaw clench squeeze a squeak out of its meal. Not sure if an animal tastes better with fear running through its veins."

Pent looks over Mahdi's shoulder, as the fire mage reveals the Impossible Eye's recent hiding nook.

"A lot of unknowns swirling about the Eye, eh? Not sure why Ezer wanted it, why Jhavhul stole it, why the Vizier sought it out... I wonder who truly owns it. Feels like a hot potato, and Mahdi's currently holding it."

The gnome takes a step back and away from the mage.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

The Bayt Infiltrators have a couple of minutes to spend looking over the Impossible Eye. What happens next is, in retrospect, quite inevitable.

...

After a short while, the room thrums slowly and deeply, a whale-like song that announces the arrival of a strange humanoid, who stands on the opposite side of the room. He is alone, and seems to regard you all with the curiosity a cat has for mice.

Whoever bears the Impossible Eye will have had enough time to either tuck it away, if so desired.

"I am Abdul-Qawi, Grand Vizier of the City of Brass. Tell me who you are, and why you haven't already returned the Impossible Eye." He looks over each of you, one at a time, and seems quite interested in an immediate response.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

I already tried to study the mirror earlier and only got a 33, alas. If it is possible try again despite it being the same day since we have more time, I'll gladly attempt it, but that's at GM discretion.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26 not even close

Mahdi has barely held the mirror in his hands for a few frustrating moments when the deep throbbing noise begins. With a curse, he shoves it back in the freezer and slams the door before turning to face the new threat.

He draws himself up to his full height (five-feet, eight inches) and gives the Vizier a short, precise bow.

"Grand Vizier. I am Mahdi al-Jabira, and I and my comrades are from the Prime Material Plane. We are unwilling and unwitting visitors-- prisoners, rather-- in this Plane, and our presence here is due originally to the machinations of Jhavhul, who even now runs free in our own home, while we are stuck here.

"As for your other question: a variety of reasons. For one, your servitor did not grant me the time I requested to fetch it from where I had hidden it from the criminal Ezer. In the second, I have no true proof it is even yours-- it might rightly be Jhavhul's, for all I know, as it was held here in the palace which by deed is his. In the third, we are captives in this plane through no wish of our own, and it would be foolish indeed to simply turn over an artifact that might be our means of egress... and not attempt to at least leverage it in some way. If you would strike me down for the crime of enlightened self-interest rather than blind, cringing trust, then I respectfully request that we simply get to it, Grand Vizier. I have scraped and bowed enough today to a dragon that would not even allow the courtesy of a few questions."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami nods slowly with Mahdi’s words. He’s only mostly worried about all this. He wishes they knew what the Mirror did or does and doesn’t want more trouble...but he also wants to get home.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert is a little uneasy at Mahdi's approach, but it was totally like him. He doesn't trust this situation. The Vizier must be powerful indeed to come before them without allies or guards.

He too stays quiet, and waits to see what the reaction will be.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent hovers upon his Carpet, looking down on the new arrival, then looking down on Mahdi as he engages the new arrival, then looking down on the halfs as they stand quiet, obviously intimidated by the Grand Vizier.

Mahdi's words are rough things, usually used to provoke magical responses in the universe, rather than parlay with creatures obviously more powerful than any of them. He'd been wise enough while dealing with the many-toothed Abbie, but now, there's a tone of barely-bridled contempt in the fire mage's introductions, and Pent will do his best to see those words tempered by someone schooled in the art of negotiation and smoothing feathers, fur or hide.

"Grand Vizier, I am indeed comrade to Mahdi al-Jabira. My name's Pent Arotha, worshipper of Sarenrae, and resident of Kelmarane on the Material Plane. The noble dwarf is Otah Cragsmith, warrior-defender of the same realm. The two halflings are the brothers Piddlespot, both fixed on the same course as the rest of us. We were sucked into the Scroll of Kakishon, then ejected from the Scroll of Kakishon, only to find ourselves lodged in the bowels of this Bayt, from Material Plane, to pocket Plane, to Plane of Fire. You'll understand if we're not fully polished to present in your noble court. I'm only glad you came to us to inquire."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 woof


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

The Grand Vizier listens to the gnome flitting about, but his gaze is firmly centered on the tallest of you all. "Well, Mahdi al-Jabira, you and your followers have certainly found yourselves in quite the predicament. Bayt al-Bazan is a cursed house. I've seen to it personally." The noble efreet lets these words permeate the room, before he continues.

"You tried to parlay with my guard dog? You are either quite powerful, or quite stupid. Perhaps you would have sacrificed your little ones in order to escape Aberzjerax's wrath. Ezer did, when his own minions were slaughtered to the last by my personal guard, where he snatched my Impossible Eye from my tower. Ezer used this Bayt as sanctuary within my City, with the consent of Jhavhul's brother, Al-hassan. Al-hassan is dead, as well, though not by my hand. Seems fate had different plans for the two brothers."

The Grand Vizier remains where he is, hands clasped behind his back, still speaking directly to Mahdi al-Jabira.

"Let's get to it, then."

The noble efreet's tone remains measured, no new sprinkling of menace, only a continued insistence to resolve the matter at hand.

"You have my Eye. Your actions here have uncovered Ezer, and that is no small thing to me. I ask you, Mahdi al-Jabira- what is it you seek? Do you seek enlightenment? Here, you shall have it- a sign of good faith."

The noble efreet extends a finger towards the fire mage, and Mahdi's eyes glow red for a brief moment.

Mahdi:

The Impossible eye (Major Artifact)
Aura Overwhelming divination; Cl 21st
Slot —; price —; Weight 3 lbs.

The Impossible Eye grants a number of potent powers of divination. In order to activate any of these powers, the user must look into the mirror and make a DC 20 Will save; failure indicates that the user becomes fascinated by his reflection until an outside force breaks his gaze. Left alone, a fascinated viewer doesn’t eat, drink, move, or sleep, and eventually dies of thirst. If the Will save is successful, the viewer can activate any of the mirror’s powers as a standard action.
5/day: vision
3/day: greater prying eyes, greater scrying
1/day: contact other plane, discern location, foresight

The Impossible Eye can also be used to read any nonmagical language—any written message reflected in the mirror appears in unmirrored text written in the holder’s native tongue.

The Grand Vizier waits for an embered moment, then speaks again.

"What is it you want?"


4 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi stands straight through the inspection by the measured eye of the Vizier, and doesn't resist the touch when it comes, his eyes widening slightly. In the wake of the flood of new information, he exhales, eyes briefly shut, though they snap open again in the next instant.

"...I thank you for your token of good faith, Vizier, and for your just treatment. As I told Aldebert, you are known to be a lawful man. Er... a lawful being, at any rate."

Mahdi thinks with longing of the power the Eye possesses-- the untold secrets he might garner from its depths, the knowledge of magic he might be able to command had he the power to simply gaze wheresoever he wished.

On the other hand, he thinks of Jhavhul, and his personal desire to see that entity pay for his trickery of them all. And perhaps Mahdi thinks even of simpler things than that: the taste of chai in the bazaar of Katapesh, the never-fulfilled chance to study in Rayhan's home, fresh figs and cool water, his brother's face... the comforts of home, essentially.

"Truly the Eye is powerful, Vizier. I have lost track of who it is who was supposed to have stolen it, Ezer or Jhavhul, but the politics of your plane ultimately do not concern us. We were duped by Jhavhul-- used by him as a key to his own prison, a place called Kakishon-- and I for one intend to repay him for that trickery. We were also duped by Ezer, who pretended like us to be an innocent prisoner here in order to catspaw us to the Eye. I cannot pretend to know what he wanted with it, but as he is dead now, it does not matter. I hope Aberjzerax told you that we aided him to kill Ezer, at the least."

Mahdi pauses to look over the halfling brothers, Pent, and Otah. "...What we want, Grand Vizier, is to go home. To seek out Jhavhul and stop him destroying those things we hold dear. There are others, in the Bayt, who I would be loathe to leave imprisoned here as well. I gather you have no reason to bear Jhavhul any love; do we not have common cause there?

"Our freedom, and the freedom of those who would follow us, transportation home, and I shall return the Eye to you with all good grace and willingness, and wish the full fire of Ymeri's good fortune on you all the days of your reign, may they be a thousand years in length.

"If you had anything more you could tell us of Jhavhul that might help us best him, then we would hear it with all willingness, as well."

Diplomacy for lols: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Hey, not a trash fire!


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

To be clear, the Grand Vizier motioned in the direction of Mahdi from a distance, but did not touch him.

Mahdi wrote:
"I hope Aberzjerax told you that we aided him to kill Ezer, at the least."

The Grand Vizier smiles and tilts his head. "You are indebted to the great dragon, Mahdi al-Jabira. Had you not aided him, we would not be speaking at present. We would be warring."

The noble efreet does not interrupt the fire mage again, listening to the end of Mahdi's answer.

"Common cause. Yes. Mahdi al-Jabira, it is time for you to show your good faith. Give to me what is mine, and I will fulfill your desires."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Man, Mahdi, you've been on fire. Not literally, but literature-ally...with your words, you know? Good piddlespotting stuff.

Mahdi al-Jabira wrote:
"We were duped by Jhavhul-- "

Ami's eyes roll back into his skull with such force they may never face forward again. His eyes return as he glares at Mahdi.

Not 'we', you Pedantic Flaming Tindertwig...'*you*'! *I* tried everything to stop you from doing all this. But did you listen to the slightly feral halfling with more sense than all of you (except Aldebert, of course) put together!?!

Ami breathes deep, trying to dissipate resentments that aren't sure to help the problem.

Ami forces himself into a smile, trying to agree with Mahdi's words though his history needs some serious revision.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Diplomacy to Aid.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

i stand corrected re touch! And thanks, ami

Mahdi looks at the others briefly, exhales, and.... gets the mirror from its undignified hiding place (oblivious to Ami’s indignance). With another bow, he proffers it to the Vizier...


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Second Ami's motion.

The dwarf nods along, proud of the fire mage's direct analysis of the situation. Do we finally get to leave this madness?

He watches the vizier with interest, noting any weapons he might carry. Fairly certain a fight with this being would be their last, the dwarf is still ready to resist should their be a break in trust.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert keeps his big trap shut, though he worries about what the eye can do, and whose hands they're placing it in. Yet he sees no other way out of their current predicament, short of a likely suicidal attack against a man for whom a powerful Dragon is a mere lapdog.

He stews in his own juices, and opens a prayer to Abadar for forgiveness. He quietly awaits his own sentence, even as Mahdi hands over the Eye. He dismounts Gretiem in the event his holy mount disappears, rubbing him gently on the shoulder, flaking some old scales away as he awaits his own judgement.

It's a DM call to be sure, but I think I'm violating the Paladin oath here, at least indirectly. The Code of Conduct states, "help those in need (provided they do not use the help for evil or chaotic ends)".

While Aldebert has not detected as yet, he's willing to bet his soul the Grand Vizier is evil. And he's being totally complicit in the handing over of a seeming relic to him, which will almost certainly be used for evil, and maybe chaotic, ends.

Suffice to say, Aldebert will be talking to, er, Pent I guess depending on where we end up after this, to have an Atonement cast to free his soul of this stain at least.


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

When Mahdi reveals the Impossible Eye to all present, the Grand Vizier smiles. "Wait here." He then promptly then disappears, without taking the mirror from the fire mage.

In moments, the Grand Vizier returns, this time with five efreet to his side. Each of them carries a chest, each of them bear weapons on their hips, though they appear ornamental in nature.

While the Grand Vizier steps forward to take the Impossible Eye from Mahdi's hand, he gestures to the new arrivals. They set down the chests, and disappear from sight.

"The Curse, it is no longer needed." The Grand Vizier waves his hand in the air, in a slow gesture which traces a grand arc. Your senses immediately return to full receptivity, as the sounds of the City of Brass return to full volume, the smells of the City reach your nostrils, and something like a spiritual weight is lifted from your shoulders, where you never noticed it being there before. The denizens, willing or unwilling, are now free to depart the haunted halls of Bayt al-Bazan.

"You have gathered a strange crew, Mahdi al-Jabira. I hope they serve you well, in your future endeavor. You will seek out Jhavhul, correct? You will put an end to his destructive ways, yes? Then you have my support. The chests you see here? They are yours. War chests. Use your new wealth as you see fit, when you return to the Material Plane. Remember that I gifted you this wealth for our common cause. Jhavhul has grown a powerful army, and you will need all the help you can get, to burn him out of your lives, and the lives of your people. Do not rush into a confrontation with him, or you will surely lose."

"As for your transportation home, turn to those you have freed here, and you will find the magics necessary to return back to the Material Plane."

"If there is nothing else..?"

The Grand Vizier waits for any last questions, then disappears from Bayt al-Bazan, with his Precious.

Interesting question, ser Aldebert. The Grand Vizier is certainly a Legitimate Authority in the City of Brass, this Mahdi has conveyed. The Grand Vizier is certainly not 'in need' of your help, and returning the Impossible Eye to its rightful owner, evil though he may be, skirts the line. I'll leave it to your judgment, as to whether we call Aldebert Oathbreaker.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi takes a deep breath of the air, astounded at how different it smells now, though he tries to cover it quickly with the appearance of professionalism. He sweeps the Vizier a deeper bow than his initial ones.

"The Vizier is generous indeed," he says with a stern side-eyeing of his colleagues. He switches to Ignan to add on: "I will speak of your fairness and your wisdom in our own world, Grand Vizier, and as I said, I wish that good fortune follows you all the years of your reign, may they be long! Farewell."

When the Grand Vizier departs, Mahdi turns a briefly boyish smile on the others. "THAT.... worked out considerably better than I could have hoped! --I must see what is in these 'war chests.'"

He hurries forward, casting some pre-emptive checks before touching any. It never hurts to be healthily paranoid.

Will detect magic on the chests and study any auras that may result from that check, just in case


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami’s jaws are agape as the events unfold. He looks over at this brother, then at Mahdi, then at Otah, and then even a glance at Pent to ensure he is seeing what he is seeing.

”Brother...what? Is this real?”


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

The sudden influx of senses bring a smile to Otah's face. Better!

"Thank you, Grand Vizier."

He bows his head slightly to the vizier and waits patiently for his departure.

"Well, I certainly feel more alive! And gracious for it. Well done, Mahdi."


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

The ever-cautious fire mage steps up to one of the five chests, examines it, and, finding it lacking of any protective or punitive magics, opens the first. He finds a swirl of gems and platinum. The gems glow with a flickering light all their own, making it a subtle test of fixation, as the shimmers continue to emit. Reaching his hand into the mix, Mahdi pulls an everburning torch which burns bright white from the depths of coin, and the flickering ceases.

Each chest, when counted, will be found to contain 45,000gp each.

Oh, and please Level to 13.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent waits until it's clear that Mahdi hasn't been exploded, or swallowed by the chest. He's heard dark things about creatures that can trick folk into believing they're inanimate objects, kinda like when Aldebert glazes over like a vase when the gnome has explained the virtues of naked sunbathing.

When Mahdi steps back, torch in hand, revealing a depth of wealth within the chest, Pent can only assume that his chest contains the same, so soars downwards to open his own.

The gnome steps off his Carpet, and spends an inordinate amount of time, sifting his hands through the illuminated coin and gem, oohing and ahhing at intervals, as he pulls a hand from the pile, and several gems stick to the gnome's sweaty hand. An occasional thump is heard, as Pent tries to get closer to the chest, finding his lower half obstructed by the chest itself.

Pent starts selecting various colors of gem, each shaped like a miniature turtle shell. He finds a green one, a red one, a yellow one, an orange one, a blue one, and a purple one. He pushes them onto one of his hands, a gem for each knuckle, and one squarely on the back of his hand. He lifts it up slowly, trying not to disturb their sticking, raising it up to show his companions, in a triumphant gesture. He snaps his fingers, and the gems fall into the chest to reunite with their precious brethren.

"This is a great send-off, Mahdi. You spoke well. You used your words to great effect, and secured our freedom. I offer you my wholehearted thanks!"

Moments later, the gnome is lost for words, as his arms bury to their bony elbows.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert hesitates when the Grand Vizier provides more than bargained for. Evil folk aren’t usually generous. The thought floats across his mind. He prepares to Detect Evil as soon as the Vizier turns, but he vanishes instead, ruining the attempt.

Downcast and muddled, he sheathes his sword and peers warily at the chests, ”I don’t know brother, but it doesn’t fit what I believe, so I’m troubled.”

He strides up to the nearest as Mahdi is investigating them, and flings it open - hoping in some small way it explodes and vindicates his concerns.

Doh! Ninjaed by the DM! For some reason neither his nor Pent's posts appeared when I refreshed prior to posting.

Aldebert moves his hands through the wealth. "Yes, well done Mahdi. I'm still having trouble believing it. When we return, I'll need to speak to my church about this matter to see if I have erred in some way. All this is very confusing."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent eventually manages to pull his chest onto his Carpet, allowing the gnome to bear the burden of his newly found wealth. Back onto the Carpet himself, he commands ascent, and he drifts about, patting the chest every so often.

"So, we return below, and gather up the gangs? Are we giving them leave to depart the Bayt, or insisting that they are commissioned into our war with Jhavhul? Is Shazathared already gone, I wonder? A little jealous of Rayhan, for all the time they've been sharing stories."

"Maybe we rest first, before deciding what's next? We resting up here, or down below? Probably below, as we might want to chat with the gathered as soon as we can. We're soooo close to laying eyes on our old digs!!"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami looks at Pent.

"Oh, the slaves!?" Ami asks, having completely forgotten in all the mayhem, death, and Mahdi-fleeing. "Oh, you think to take them with us? Why not leave them here now that they are no longer under the curse? Or maybe we should ask what they want to do?"

Yeen sniffs and paws at the treasure, looking for any meat treasure that might have been left for any good kitties.

* * *

Aldebert Piddlespot wrote:
"When we return, I'll need to speak to my church about this matter to see if I have erred in some way. All this is very confusing."

Ami nearly pulls down his facial scarf to look at his brother, his face shocked.

"No, Brother. You are perfect. You have done nothing wrong. I would know. You can do nothing wrong," Ami says seriously. Ami shakes his head vigorously, certain that his brother is perfect.

"And when I get back, Yeen and I are going for a long run in the desert. We should have never left. We should have never given the scroll map up at all. And I hope the Sun will still shine upon us. I hope it will." Ami seems worried about seeing the sun again.


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

”Well, as we’re not sending us back home, we need to be careful about what we offer. Might be only us few can go back. Let us go downstairs now, and talk with the others and see what is possible before we start making plans.”

Amiamble Piddlespot wrote:

"No, Brother. You are perfect. You have done nothing wrong. I would know. You can do nothing wrong," Ami says seriously. Ami shakes his head vigorously, certain that his brother is perfect.

"And when I get back, Yeen and I are going for a long run in the desert. We should have never left. We should have never given the scroll map up at all. And I hope the Sun will still shine upon us. I hope it will." Ami seems worried about seeing the sun again.

Aldebert smiles wearily at his brother, ”Yes, it will be nice to be in the desert again. But it may be we wait until tomorrow for such things. After all, we want to be fresh when we face Jhavhul - and that may happen quickly when we return and take him to task for what he has done.”

"Let's head below and converse with Rayhan and the others. Let them know they're free." He starts heading down when everyone is ready.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

Mahdi eagerly rakes his hands through coins, humming to himself. "Right... we need to find a way to carry these.... put the kobolds and the azer to work...."

Muttering to himself, Mahdi stands and closes the chests. "Yes, let's go tell the others they are free. I suggest we take the chance to rest here-- we have no idea what will await us back on the Material Plane, and I am nearly spent for today. We can explain that we go to fight Jhavhul, and see how many of our followers will lend their will to this cause."


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

"Well, we do have these two bags of holding Mahdi." Aldebert takes out the one he carries and tries to tamp down Mahdi's desires for servants such as these. "Let these people go. No need to return with slaves."

In his mind, he's already planning how to spend his newly found wealth. He just hopes he can find what he wants!


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"A generous offer," Otah says aloud as he sifts through the contents of one of the chests.

"We could use a rest before confronting whatever waits for us at home." he agrees with the rest of the party. "These creatures can decide what they want to do for themselves, though I suspect they may be in need of a new master to take care of them."

Once the contents of the chests are secured, the dwarf starts to head down to Rayhan and the marid.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

The descent into Bayt al-Bazan proves quite... quiet. In a relatively short amount of time, the halls of the once 'haunted' palace are vacated. Roaming efreet seem to understand the City of Brass is now open to them. Magmin holed up against the wrath of your strike team are nowhere to be seen. The pounding of the giant's anvil still continues undistracted.

Gaining the Second Floor by mostly mundane means requires a descent to the Ground Floor first, and another travel on the Barge, requiring Mahdi to produce the Perpetual Flame to see you safely back to the Treasury. A single azer mamluk stirs at his post. He joins you in your return.

Time passes quickly enough, as you navigate the maze of brass rooms where once sat untold wealth, until you emerge and join the rest of the Muck. Yes, I've named a group of azer mamluks a Muck. They seem to prefer the heat.

The Skulk is waiting for you in the halls of the noble marid, where also reside Rayhan, and Iavesk, and Shazathared, still contained in her Fountain. The sound of their laughter is a strange juxtaposition to the hissing and howling of the kobolds, who set eyes upon you all, and decide that now is not the time for confrontation. They watch you pass by with enlarged eyes, and stilled tongues.

Rayhan stands from his seat at the Fountain. "Friends!! You've returned safely!! Shazathared just told me she could feel a difference in the nature of the Bayt's imprisoning magics, isn't that spectacular??" He turns to the noble marid, who takes her cue.

"I don't suppose you'd help me? I can't quite break the Fountain myself, and I would deign to ask the little lizards. I should be able to leave here, if the Fountain were destroyed."

Iavesk drifts over to greet you all, most especially Pent. "Glad to see that the Bayt did not win out. May you enjoy the peace you've wrought, eh?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

”Are we going to bring the muck with us, mah-DEE?” Ami refers to the trailing group of azers behind them. ”They might want to stay here where it is warm.” Ami seems unsure really what is going on. He tries to keep his eyes open to avoid any lingering trouble.

Marid wrote:
”I can’t quite break the Fountain myself...”

Ami looks at his brother, then goes next to the fountain. He smiles at the marid.

”This might work...let me try...this...” Ami lays his tiny hand upon what might be a weak part of the fountain, summoning the little whispers of memories of sunlight in his mind, trying to feel for cracks and weaknesses in the stone.

Ami touches and touches and touches and touches the fountain, bring erosive power to bear. He asks Yeen to float above the ground lest the cat’s paws get wet when the fountain cracks.

13d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 6, 5, 2, 6, 6, 3, 5, 6, 3, 1, 5) = 53 damage to object
13d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 6, 1, 3, 3, 2, 4) = 49 damage to object
13d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 3, 5, 6, 4, 1, 5, 6, 6, 1, 5, 1) = 51 damage to object
13d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 6, 3, 3, 5, 6, 4, 5, 4, 4, 1, 1) = 49 damage to object


|Roll20 Link- Carrion Crown| |Roll20 Link- Age of Worms|

The keffiyeh-clad halfling places his hands on the hewn stone of the Fountain, and a great grinding begins. The ancient fixture starts to show signs of distress. What would take a river ages to wear down and crumble the rock happens before your very eyes, within minutes.

A great ring!! and the Fountain cracks below the palms of Amiamble. No water pours forth, however. Shazathared sees to that, preventing her Plane's essence obeys its previous containment.

"That was impressive, little one. Are you born of shaitan, I wonder? I have not felt this genuine hope in years. I will be able to return home, and I am in your debt. Amiamble, Aldebert, Mahdi, Otah, and Pent. I name you 'friend', and offer you the depths of my thanks."

The noble marid turns to Aldebert, and smiles. "Have you given any thought to your Wish?"

Rayhan steps up, politely clasping his hands. "You've been busy. Before you rest, would you share with us what you learned about Jhavhul, and how quickly we should return? Is there still work to be done here, in his home in the City?" The old sage looks expectantly at each of you.

Zrank, colorful kobold lieutenant, finds his way into the room, and to the side of Mahdi, where he tugs on the fire mage's pant leg.

Draconic:

"What about us? You're leaving the City, right? We're in your service, right? You're taking us with you, right?"


Halfling (Per +19 | Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 29)

Aldebert grins when reunited with their ‘base camp’. Have we really made it out of here? he thinks excitedly. He worries that many things could still go wrong, but the light at the end of the tunnel seems promising.

When his brother decimates the fountain he applauds, ”Good job Ami, well done! You have a way with destruction, and that’s a fact.” he grins.

When the marid turns once more to him, his response is easy, ”Well yes. I’d rather hoped, when we’re ready, that I could use it to depart this plane for our home. Can you do that? Send us back? If so,” he glances at Mahdi and thinks a moment before proceeding, ”…how many of us could you send?”

When Rayhan steps up with his question he says, ”Yes, well, Jhavhul is out there, wreaking havoc no doubt. It is possible that when we return, we’ll do so into immediate confrontation with him. So I suggest we prepare prior to that time so we do not fail. In fact,” he hesitates, ”we might consider shopping here in the City of Brass before we leave. If you are willing to wait a while for us that is?” he asks the marid.

”There are one or two things I could have done to my sword and armor here before we go back. And we have the deed to this property. I expect it would fetch a better price here than at home. After all, we do have a mansion to restore.” Adds the Abadarian in him, leaking through…

Please check the treasure sheet as there's a bit to be sold. If there's anything you want to keep, speak now before we sell it.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Aldebert Piddlespot wrote:
”Good job Ami, well done! You have a way with destruction, and that’s a fact.” he grins.

Ami simultaneously beams and blushes at the dual compliments from his brother and the marid. He offers a brief bow, then a tiny flappaw of his hand.

Ami thinks it might be nice to be returned to the center of the desert so he and Yeen and run in the sun and chase jackrabbits, but understands he might be outvoted.

Would love to get to a town so Ami can spend some of the money we've accrued. We have tons to sell as well.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"Yes, well done, Ami," Mahdi says absently, his mind focused on dozens of other things just now. The Muck and the Skulk not least among them!

As Zrank is bold enough to speak to him, Mahdi crouches to answer the kobold in the same tongue.

Draconic:
"Yes, we will leave. And I do not think it will do you any good to stay here-- you will be someone else's slaves again by nightfall... not that it is ever truly night here. Are you from the material plane originally? Were you born here, or on our world? You may stay in my service, and I will feed you and protect you and even pay you, but you must do as I say and not run about trying to steal from others unless I say so. Yes?"

To the azer, Mahdi sweeps a bow and switches to the language of fire.

Ignan:
"I thank you for your help thus far. We will return soon to our own plane. What is your status, here? If we leave you here, will the efreeti not merely make you pawns again? The Material Plane is cold, but we will treat you fairly, and give fair pay for fair labor.... though our business may be dangerous. What are your thoughts, azer?"

To Rayhan, Mahdi offers a short bow and says: "We have learned... well, we have learned that Jhavhul was once of this plane, and angered the Grand Vizier. This place was once his home and residence. The Vizier advises us to gather an army, for he assures us that Jhavhul has done the same. I suggest we rest here, visit the City of Brass as wealthy visitors do, and arm ourselves; we do not know what state the world we left may be in when we return, after all. Iavesk... Shazathared ... what are your plans now?

"And for that matter, can you return us to our home without using such magic as a wish? A wish is a great opportunity, Aldebert; many of the planar lords have the ability to send others between the planes without needing to use magic so grand as that. You might wish to save your wish. Ha."


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 15 | HP: 168/168 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3 | SM: +1 | AC: 27(25) | Mobility: 31(29) | Touch: 16(14) | FF: 23(21) | CMD: 33 Res (fire) 30, Freedom of Movement | Fort: +14 | Ref: +9 | Will: 6 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah nods along with vocalized opinion of the party, "We should take the opportunity to re-arm ourselves. Who knows what chaos we will find in Kelmarane."

"Do you think we have time to seek increased magics upon our armament?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent looks down on all those gathered, and feels the same hope the noble marid spoke of, as he recognizes that they are all still on the path, under Sarah's Light, only there are more of them than when they first started.

There are the two genies, Shazathared and Iavesk, no longer imprisoned so obviously within the Bayt. There is Rayhan, noble scholar of Katapesh. There is both Muck and Skulk. And of course, his friends, all of whom still live, praise be to Sarah. And Abbie, too.

The gnome leans back against his chest, and takes a moment to appreciate how far he's come from those slaver caravans and selling stalls. He's seen a number of wonders, and imagines that there are wonders to come. He casually plays with two platinum pieces while he ponders. Looking down on the palm of his hand, he sees the gleam of both coins, and pictures the reflection of light in Hyami's eyes. He wonders how she fares, and if his flock survives whatever's been unleashed on Kelmarane and Katapesh.

Pent debates the timeframe in his head, and decides that it would be best to see their wealth refined and redistributed, before departing the City of Brass. Yet more wonders to see, more stories to weave.

"Ayep, Odie. I think we should stay and strengthen ourselves, before striking out and back again."

9,801 to 9,850 of 10,988 << first < prev | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.