GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire

Game Master GM Rat Sass

Part 6 - The Final Wish
Roll20 Link
Treasure Log
New Map of Kelmarane


5,851 to 5,900 of 10,746 << first < prev | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | next > last >>

Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

"Yes Pent, everyone seems to know of it, and that means we've a big target on our backs. The more polite will offer cash, the less reputable will simply try to take it."

Aldebert spends the day in the villa, mostly fretting. No armor, everyone seems to know what he carries, and more. Though he wonders what the other party members think, he’s largely decided to remain until the scroll’s depths are plumbed. He knows another ‘merchant’ seeks him, but he decides to make her wait until tomorrow.

He spends his free time cleaning and maintaining his current armor, weapons, and other gear.

The questions
1) Usual sleeping arrangements
2) Usual guards
3) Hunkered down in the villa the whole day
4) No bath today!
5) Early riser, but no trouble sleeping per se


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

We can't fight an unseen enemy. The bastard is defeating our morale."

"Aldebert is right, Ami. The sands teach us nothing and whittle away our resources. Here we might get a good night's sleep and be more prepared to defend ourselves.

For the most part, the people here won't bother us. And those that do have to come through walls or windows."

...

"When are the celebrative festivities Pent?"

Day 2

Recognizing the stress the scroll puts on the party, Otah dedicates the day to maintaining a vigilant guard over whomever has the scroll at any time.


Maps: Howlings travel

The evening passes with only the disruptions that come with a celebration. Rayhan insists that there be a celebration and even the stoic Garavel seems to concede the point happily, though no one sees him smile. The guards welcome a reason to eat and be merry. A large tent is set up near the villa, but not on the grounds itself. Wine, ale, and fired meats are a plenty. By night fall those who wish it are full and merry. For a time there is no hint of trouble. Thankfully, the night passes without incident, though the morning brings hangovers for most the guards.

Day Two

The gate at sunrise:
The knock is insistent, though not too loud. Eramin finds yet another merchant seeking the attention of the party. Tamar, a halfling awaits a reply to his invitation to meet. What reply do you send with Eramin? The note delivered reminds you that Eramin must have made clear he could only relay a written summons.


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

"Let's meet with him. Maybe we can learn more about who knows what."

Aldebert gears up before meeting the man however. Full armor and weapons for this negotiation.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Ooootah wrote:
"Aldebert is right, Ami."

"Aldebert is *not* right!" Ami hisses loudly in frustration before catching himself. "Well, he might be right or he might be wrong, Ooootah. Don't you see!? How come no one sees?!"

"I asked the gnome for help. I asked him to his face for help. For Sarenrae's help...and he hasn't helped at all. He had the chance to help...but refuses," Ami glares angrily at the gnome. How dare he marry when Sarenrae's council is needed?

"My brother doesn't understand either, Otah. Nor Mahdi. They don't understand," Ami says, trying for a moment to trust the aloof dwarf. He decides to try. "Sarenrae has told me that the scroll is important. She has also told me it must be protected. But she has not told me that we should seek to open it or not. Am I supposed to protect it from those like Rayhan as well as the Janni? There is nothing to suggest that we should be going down this path at all!"

Ami looks to see if the dwarf understands.

Ami will have more today, but hoping Otah can RP and reply sooner rather than later. I think Ami is going to need another goat. And a scroll, probably.


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)
Pent Arotha wrote:
Returning to the villa, Pent escorts his new acquaintance to meet with the others. Next to the gnome stands a redhead of a gnome woman. Behind her eyes lies an obvious intelligence. "Gentle men, this is Hyami. We married today, and she's going to escort my harem back to Kelmarane this evening. Now, where were we?"

Well, OK then...

"Uh. Oh."

"Uh, hello Hyami. I, uh." Aldebert is quite taken aback by this new situation. Ever the paranoid (lately) he detects evil, wondering just how Pent, of all people, got married so quickly. Must be something wrong with her...

"So how'd you meet our Pent?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

"Do you understand?" Otah asks, as the halfling has left his name from the list but seems confused about his purpose.

"Important and protected." A flash of insight strikes the dwarf, "You're the scroll's bodyguard!"

Laughing for a moment at unshared memories, the dwarf offers his advice, "A good bodyguard is there to give advice to his client to not put themselves in bad situations. But, they're hired because the client is going to be put in a bad situation. Then the job is to protect them when the dung hits stalactite."

"I'm not one of Sarenrae's chosen Ami. But if she hasn't told you what path to take, she must believe you're capable of handling whatever path you choose. I don't understand the purpose of this wizardy-city-place, but I'd rather you lot find out sooner than have you" the dwarf thrusts his finger pointedly at the halfling, "looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life."

And possibly striking at anyone who happens to be there... he leaves unsaid.


Maps: Howlings travel

The halfling waits impatiently at the gate, though he tries to assume a demeanor of calm when he sees Aldebert and the others arrive. "Greetings. I am Tamir. Thank you for taking the time to meet me so unexpectedly. I am here representing a powerful guild in a matter of great sensitivity. I believe others have approached you already?"


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Otah Cragsmith wrote:
"I'm not one of Sarenrae's chosen Ami. But if she hasn't told you what path to take, she must believe you're capable of handling whatever path you choose. I don't understand the purpose of this wizardy-city-place, but I'd rather you lot find out sooner than have you" the dwarf thrusts his finger pointedly at the halfling, "looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life."

Ami listens agape (hidden by his facial scarf) as Otah opines. Ami listens and nods, but realizes that he must try again to gain understanding of what they want him to do.

He nods at Otah, and thanks the dwarf for trying. He goes to find his brother.

"Brother, tomorrow I must go back into town. You should come with me. I need another supping goat. And maybe a scroll. Do you think there is a church of Sarenrae in town? We should find it. Stop there. You *should* come with me. Aldebert? I *need* to go back into town," Ami says to Aldebert.

Lost in his own moral and religious quandary, he cares little for the halfling at the gates.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Evening, Day 1

Otah wrote:
"When are the celebrative festivities Pent?"

Pent beams. "Tonight's really the only time we've got, seeing as Garavel's agreed to help escort the girls back to Kelmarane." The gnome shows his gratitude to Rayhan and Garavel, enjoying his share of dances and delicacies under the tent.

He introduces the group to his other wives. "This here's Meji, and this one's Mig. And here's Prig. Heh, 'Mig and Prig'. Just caught that." Pent smiles broadly. "Prig's got a brother around here somewhere. No matter. Oh! And Bini, can't forget Bini. She's likely resting, poor thing."

Pent spends time personally making sure each of his new ladies are comfortable enough and understand well that they are not here to serve, but to be served.


Aldebert wrote:
"Uh, hello Hyami. I, uh. So how'd you meet our Pent?"

The red-headed gnome brightens as one of Pent's associates greets her personally. "Aldebert, right? The one who rides a gecko? That sounds exhilarating! Very pleased to meet you, Aldebert. I hope we have time to talk more, once you return to Kelmarane. As for how Pent and I met, well, it's all somewhat of a blur to me, as it must be for you. He visited the Pesh Palace, and purchased one of my better attempts at a vial to contain his pesh. He told wonderful stories. Then he told me we're meant to be together. And I believed him." She turns to look on Pent, newly stepping alongside her. "I've done far sillier things." She caresses the gnome's cheek.

"He's told me quite a bit, and still, he keeps things from me, to keep me from worrying. All I ask of you, master halfling, is to look after him. I would have him return to Kelmarane unscathed."

She excuses herself to join the other female gnomes.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Ami wrote:
"I asked the gnome for help. I asked him to his face for help. For Sarenrae's help...and he hasn't helped at all. He had the chance to help...but refuses."

Pent comes up alongside Otah, only to hear the half ranting.

"I'm refusing? I don't remember using words to refuse your request, Ami. My word, but it's been a busy day, but it's still got a few hours left in its pocket." Pent reaches his hands into his, and pulls out four smallish bags. "I didn't figure Rayhan for a celebration, but I should have time before midnight to ask your question." Pent sets the bags down on a nearby table.

"If you still want me to consult our Star, bring the bags to me after the party's quieted down. If you want to believe I'm refusing you, I can't change your mind. Seems like you already made it up." Pent scurries out of the room, to join his new wives.

...

Day 2

Pent sees his new family off, before joining Aldebert to meet with this new face half. He lets Aldebert do the talking. His mouth is really, really dry this morning. And his head hurts.


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

GM Lareg:
Regarding the data you gave me on my Planes check here, I wasn't really asking about Kakishon, as that all seems to have been pretty well covered in Rayhan's speech. I was asking about the janni who has been trying to get the scroll-- to see if there's any sort of reference to a particular being who had a thing about Kakishon or was trying to get in to it or had been exiled or anything like that. Still, if there's nothing to know, there's nothing to know.

"Day 1"
1) Mahdi will sleep in A8
2) Agree with the posted guard watch Pent suggested
3) Mahdi spends much of his time in the library, happily reading, and enjoying the luxuries of comfortable chairs, cool drinks, and a lack of things trying to eat him. At mealtimes he comes out to join the others, however, and probably bores them all to tears with his ramblings about what he's been reading
4) Mahdi will bathe every day, until his fingers and toes are wrinkly
5) Mahdi stays up late, reading any books Rayhan might have consented to let him take to his room, and going over his own spells if Rayhan hasn't given him that permission. He also sleeps in in the morning as a result.

"Day 2"
1) Mahdi will sleep in A8
2) Agree with the posted guard watch Pent suggested
3) Mahdi will leverage himself out of the comfortable house in order to accompany the others into the city, in order to purchase some scrolls, which I will try and settle on in short order
4) same as day 1
5) same as day 1

I think that catches me up to the others.

Mahdi gives a very expressive brow arch at Pent's new... friend. "....really?" he says shortly to the gnome. "After everything on the road to get here, every emphasis placed on how we can't trust any strangers, and you've decided now is the time to bring a, a, gaggle of other gnomes into our business? Really?? Ugh! You had better have Master Rayhan vouch for them all with his gem."

Mahdi turns and flounces off in a swish of robes.


As Mahdi walks away, Hyami joins Pent in watching him depart.

"So, that's Mahdi?"


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"Yep."


"The 'camel hat bladder' guy?"


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

"'Camel shat blather', rather. But, yep."


"Oh. Well that makes more sense."


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Maps: Howlings travel

Mahid:
Yes, I just realized that last couple days as I was thinking over what I needed to post for you. Anyhow, I'm trying to figure out a way to get the 'story' bits from the AP concerning Janni distilled. Here is a messy summary to get us started. Though there are a few volumes that Rayhan needs that contains stories of Janni as they relate directly to dimensional travel. The volumes that remain tell of mythical battles between Janni. From what you gather, in a the seeming eternal battle for power, the scroll - it is truly what Rayhan believes, could tip the balance between the various genie races.

Flashback, day 1

Rayhan makes sure someone has the gem as festivities commence. He is to busy with study to offer more than a toast to new love. The gem reveals everyone is as they seem, accept for Pent who really isn't wearing clothing. What has been seen cannot be unseen. Perhaps sand, sand could bring blessed blindness...


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)
Amiamble Piddlespot wrote:
"Brother, tomorrow I must go back into town. You should come with me. I need another supping goat. And maybe a scroll. Do you think there is a church of Sarenrae in town? We should find it. Stop there. You *should* come with me. Aldebert? I *need* to go back into town," Ami says to Aldebert.

"OK Ami, but first there are things I must do. Then I am at your service, and we shall find a nice fatted goat and whatever scroll you desire. I'm sure there's a church in town. There must be."

Hyami Arotha wrote:

The red-headed gnome brightens as one of Pent's associates greets her personally. "Aldebert, right? The one who rides a gecko? That sounds exhilarating! Very pleased to meet you, Aldebert. I hope we have time to talk more, once you return to Kelmarane. As for how Pent and I met, well, it's all somewhat of a blur to me, as it must be for you. He visited the Pesh Palace, and purchased one of my better attempts at a vial to contain his pesh. He told wonderful stories. Then he told me we're meant to be together. And I believed him." She turns to look on Pent, newly stepping alongside her. "I've done far sillier things." She caresses the gnome's cheek.

"He's told me quite a bit, and still, he keeps things from me, to keep me from worrying. All I ask of you, master halfling, is to look after him. I would have him return to Kelmarane unscathed."

She excuses herself to join the other female gnomes.

Aldebert stares at her slack-jawed. Later he takes Pent aside, "My boy, I don't know that our house has enough rooms for your, uh, harem. Maybe you can buy the place next door and fix it up. We can connect the two with a covered walkway or something." he mumbles.

He tries to enjoy himself at the party, but whenever he can, he’s detecting evil, checking people out through the gem, and generally being twitchy. He sleeps uneasily, and is annoyed at yet another offer in the morning. None the less, he meets with the fellow halfing.

GM Lareg wrote:
The halfling waits impatiently at the gate, though he tries to assume a demeanor of calm when he sees Aldebert and the others arrive. "Greetings. I am Tamir. Thank you for taking the time to meet me so unexpectedly. I am here representing a powerful guild in a matter of great sensitivity. I believe others have approached you already?"

”Greetings Tamir. I am Aldebert, how may I be of service to you?”


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah takes little advantage of the party, too confused by Pent's sudden relationships to know what to make of it. "You got married and then turn around and send them away? Why wouldn't you bring your wives with you?"

In the morning:

He walks out with Aldebert to meet Tamir.

He stands silently at his side, attempting to be an imposing figure for any ambush that may happen.


Maps: Howlings travel

Tamir get's right to the point. "I have been authorized to offer payment, provided that I am able to confirm that there is indeed an item of interest to purchase. Can you confirm that you and your group has obtained a scroll?"


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

"I don't like playing coy games, and you seem to already know what we possess, so make your offer." Aldebert's words are clipped, but he tries to remain polite.

He's happy Otah is there to help in case things get messy.


Maps: Howlings travel

Tamir snickers a bit, "I'm afraid I can't share the generosity of my employer until I am able to confirm that you have something worth paying for. Mind you, I don't expect you to hand anything over."


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Aldebert smiles, somewhat relieved, "Then we are at an impasse dear Tamir. I'm afraid we cannot help you."

He lingers to be polite, in case Tamir has anything to add. If not, he turns and goes back inside to be with his brother and prepare for a trip into the city.


Maps: Howlings travel

"I'm sorry to hear that." Tamir looks as if he is ready to leave, but lingers a moment. It's as if he is concentrating on something. Then, just as suddenly he nods and turns and leaves.

Sense Motive>15:
He isn't surprised at all. He suspects he already knows what he needs to know.


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Ami watches his brother intertact with the other halfling, pacing back and forth and waiting impatiently. He paces and stares, then he stares then paces. He waits too. He waits to go to market and to buy supping goats and scrolls.

GM Lareg, is there a Sarenraen church in town? How big? I assume it opens before sunrise?

Sorry for slow posts today. Pretty busy until tonight.


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

"Otah, Amiamble and I are headed to the church of Serenrae this morning. Care to come along?"

Aldebert's not at all worried about being jumped. Nope, not at all.

He returns to his brother and pokes his head around for Pent and/or Mahdi, inviting them likewise to the church and other errands as may be required.


Maps: Howlings travel

I'm sure there is a church. Need to take a closer look at background info to see if I can get more specifics, but for now we'll just assume its a large church.


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Odd fellow" Otah mutters as the halfling leaves.

"I will join you at the church. She may not be my matron, but she deserves a prayer now and again."

And... If anything interesting happens here, it's probably going to happen wherever you're at."


Maps: Howlings travel

Mahdi:
Much of the other details you learn concern genies in general. All genies are powerful spirits, part flesh and part living natural force. This status gives them human-
like desires and powers over the elements. There are five dominant races of genies: djinn, with power over air; efreet, with mastery of fire; marids, with control over water; shaitans, with mastery of stone; and jann, who embody all of these elements. Genies are well known for their power to grant wishes, either by specifically adjusting the fetters of reality or by drawing upon their great might and that of their brethren to do their masters’ will. Genies typically only grant such wishes when forced to by powerful magic or in reward for a great service. Genies are very susceptible to flattery, and those who would deal with these creatures do well by offering them valuable gifts and artful praise. They are immortal and their memories are long, meaning that a scorned genie never forgets a slight or an enemy.

So much of the Serene specifics are details outside of the city, but ease I think it is safe to assume there is a church. You may assume your able to find what you need at normal cost. I'm assuming there isn't a need to work up specifics from scratch?

Ami:
A clarification on the Augry like ability, it's time sensitive nature (amount of time into the future it can see), means it isn't effective for questions that go beyond an hour into the future.

As Aldebert, Ami, and Otah enter the city the bustling crowds are already forming. Some never left the city and others seemed to have timed their travel to arrive at the gates as close to sunrise as possible. There is little sign of disruption or danger. The church is situated at the northern edge of the city with the most direct route traveling through the market area. It doesn't take long for the trio to attract the attention of someone as they skirt the edge of the market area. The woman seems familiar, as she gallops closer to the group on a fine white horse her question provides a clear reason why she seems familiar. "Greetings. I hope you received my message. I am Badra. Might you all be able to spare a moment?"


Halfling (Per +18 | Fort +17 Ref +11 Will +15 | AC 26 (f25/t14) | CMD 28)

Aldebert, usually very friendly to merchants and their ways, grows frustrated, Can't even buy a simple scroll without these vultures seeking the scroll.

"Greetings Badra, our apologies for not seeking you out sooner, but we've been rather busy of late. We are now in fact on a mission of some importance, perhaps this can wait until our return? Should only be an hour or two." he assures her.

Any delay helps. he thinks.


Maps: Howlings travel

"Of course. I'll attend to business here while you attend to yours. Am I correct to assume that you're familiar with the recent dwarven arrivals?" Badra looks toward Otah.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Pent Arotha wrote:
"If you still want me to consult our Star, bring the bags to me after the party's quieted down. If you want to believe I'm refusing you, I can't change your mind. Seems like you already made it up." Pent scurries out of the room, to join his new wives.

Night Day 1:

Ami looks at the gnome as if wondering if too much of the pesh or wine or harem had gone to his head. He looks the gnome up and down, then down and up again. He nods slowly, then shakes his head. He leans into Pent and hisses.

"Do you mean to contact Sarenrae or her minions at night? NO! You know that is not correct! You know that the sun should shine upon us while we seek her council! That is how it must be done, Mr. Gnome," Ami says, looking again at Mr. Gnome.

"If you are a blessed of Sarenrae, then we should do this at tomorrow's morning prayers. We should it then, before or after we watch you consummate your bond to Hyami under the sun and before witnesses. That is the proper way to honor Sarenrae in both cases, Mr. Gnome. And that is how we should do it."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Ami wrote:
"Wah wah waaaah wah wah Sarenrae wah waaah wah wah waaaah Her council wah wah waaah waah blessed of Sarenrae waah waaaaaah wah wah waaah Hyami wah wah wah wah wah honor Sarenrae wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaah..."

Pent looks at Ami's face, as the half's right eye moves to the bridge of his nose, and peeks over to acknowledge the left. The left eye shrieks from the indecency of her privacy being violated, causing the right eye to tremor in embarrassment, darting back into place, chastened. As an apology, the right eye excretes a diamond tear, which rolls from the lid, and around the unseen nose, to arrive at the corner of the left eye. The left eye coos, and welcomes the prismatic gift, rubbing it across its surface like a fine massage oil. The left eye winks at the right eye, but the right eye is largely ignorant of the gesture, preferring to look straight ahead, pleading with the gnome to reflect the success or failure of its recent gifting. The gnome winks at the right eye, reassuring it of the wisdom of its gesture. The right eye widens, and creases its crow's foot, expressing deep joy at its atonement for ever deigning to look upon the left eye directly. Next time, it will use a mirror, like all good, decent eyes should.

"You have very respectful eyes, Ami. If they need to rest, then we wait for the morning to come. The saffron and incense aren't going anywhere. As for consummations, you'll just have to trust that it'll get done. Your eyes aren't ready for that."


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

Day 2: morning

Ami (and Yeen) rise for morning worship before the sun rises. He moves outside to greet the rising sun. He wonders if something other than Yeen will greet him.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Day 2: Pre-dawn

Pent unwraps himself from legs and arms, tossing on his robes, remembering foggily that a gem was about and able to pierce his veil. He scrapes together a decent breakfast, eating sloppily, and not caring. Eventually, he makes his way to the cliff's edge, where he disrobes, and creates a shower of water that rinses the bread and bits from his beard. While he's at it, he tinkles in the rinse, keeping the water flowing until he's good and clean. He stands still, letting the morning air dry him and all his corners. The time it takes to dry is the time it takes to meditate, by which time he's grateful again and always for Sarah's grace and gifts.

He seeks out the half, until he realizes he lacks the sacks. He locates what is necessary, then locates what is revelatory.

"Alright, Ami. Your question, then your patience. You can't disturb me for a sixth of an hour. You were willing to wait a night, you'll need only wait ten minutes more, no more, no less, I guess."

Pent states Ami's question, word for precious word. Words that the half must choose, words that the half must use for his own soothe.

Insert Ami's question to Sarah here

Divination, High Good: 1d100 ⇒ 70 77% chance of success


Dwarven Mobile Fighter 12 | HP: 130/130 | Init: +3 | Perc: +2 | SM: +1 | AC: 27 | Mobility: 31 | Touch: 16 | FF: 21 | CMD: 31 Res (fire) 30 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +8 | Will: 5 | +2 vs poisons, spells | +4 vs paralyze, slow, entangle

Otah nods in response to Badra's question.

"We've had some contact with miners in the area. We can discuss later, once Aldebert here has finished our other tasks."


CN Human Wizard 14 | Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +11; (+1 vs. fire) | AC 15 - CMD 17 | P +18, Init +10 | HP 87/94 | 12/12 jets remaining | Current buffs: Mage Armor, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, See Invisibility, Locate Creature (Hazim), Prot from fire 120 pts

"MY EYES," Mahdi screeches at the sight, when it happens, of Pent in all his... glory. Swearing curses, Mahdi stomps off to change into market robes, muttering all the time about how he might have just incurred brain damage...

Day 2

Tagging along, he agrees he's willing to go to the temple of Sarenrae. She's not his Nethys, of course, but she's a goddess of fire and thus he has a soft spot for her.

He holds his peace during the meeting with Badru, eager to move onto the market and especially the booths of scrolls and tomes that tempt all wizards.

(Are we planning to sell off the current list stuff while we're in town? Mahdi has some scrolls he'd love to buy...)


Maps: Howlings travel

I'm missing Ami's question. If someone can link a post or restate it that would be treating appreciated.

Badra nods, "I don't mean to pry. I'm simply trying to figure where I might best wait for you. No matter. There is a fellow named Gramwell. Once my business is finished I shall wait there. If you are delayed I will leave a messenger to fetch me." With a polite wave from atop her steed, Badra heads toward well kept stables to apparently leave her horse as she walks about the market.

The temple is is an open courtyard, arches at each of the cardinal directions set the perimeter of the open space. Each arch features a figure with outstretched hands that seem to bask in the light of the rising sun. The bonze bodies of the figures have been shaped in such a way that their torsos reflect the light into the courtyard. Several fountains leave cool waters in small pools, which simple stone paths wind around. Many of the devoted bask in the glory of the morning as they sing, chant, and murmur their devotions both audible and silent. At the base of each arch is a circular building, though the four circular buildings vary in size, they feature similar architecture - each with slotted openings to let in the light of the rising sun. One of the circular buildings is clearly living quarters, with jars holding water, dried grains, and a small garden circumscribing it. One of the priests seems to be returning from the sunrise rites. She greets your group with open arms and a smile, "May the light of this morning shine upon you." Her pause invites both responses from those who might honor Sarenrae as well as questions from those unfamiliar with the glory of the Dawnflower.

Edit: hacked together a temple description. Selling will be standard fair for the typical percentage for selling items. If you wish to do skill checks to barter for better amounts for sold goods roll away.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
GM Lareg wrote:
I'm missing Ami's question. If someone can link a post or restate it that would be treating appreciated.

Yes, yes, coming! I foolishly need sleep unlike that piddlespotting gnome.

Pent Arotha wrote:
Insert Ami's question to Sarah here

Ami stares at the gnome, then moves his eyes to the rising sun, then back to the gnome. He wonders if the gnome will ever consummate his nuptials with his wifes in front of the community and under the rising sun, as is proper. Then he focuses on the question.

"You know, Mr. Gnome, that Sarenrae has told me there will be both weal and woe from unlocking the scroll. But not if the woe will come from Sarenrae's displeasure. I do not know if she wants us to unlock the scroll or just protect it from others. That is what I must know, Mr. Gnome..." Ami again looks the gnome up and down.

"...I must know if Sarenrae wants us to pursue unlocking the scroll. I will not have my woe be her mad with me. No, never that."


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

...I must know if Sarenrae wants us to pursue unlocking the Scroll. I will not have my 'woe' be 'her mad with me'. No, never that. Funny way of talking, half, but I get your point. And if I can understand you, surely Sarah must, too.

Pent closes his eyes, turning his face to the Sun. He kneels, listening again to the half's words, as they set like cold lard between his ears.

"Sarenrae, Sarah-ray, Light of all things that walk the earth under Your watchful gaze. I am here, humbly, to ask a question of You. I do not ask this question lightly, but with Your light, I won't question Your answer."

As his lids open, the color of the gnome's eyes is absent, the whites of his scleras in full display. The Light of Sarah shines through, giving the gnome perfect sense of direction, as he safely continues to look upon the Sun.

"Do You want us, all of us, that is, Amiamble, Aldebert, Mahdi, Otah, and myself, to pursue unlocking the Scroll of Kakishon, a most powerful magical device, capable of opening a way into another place, a most-sought-after powerful item, an item capable of corrupting lesser souls over offers of money and mundane power? I ask as Your humble servant. I ask as a child would ask an elder. I ask as a student would ask his teacher." The color returns to the gnome's eyes.

"What can you tell us, Everlight?"


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Otah wrote:
"You got married and then turn around and send them away? Why wouldn't you bring your wives with you?"

On their way into Katapesh, to visit the temple, Pent strolls with Otah, and finally answers his inquiry. "Well, now. I suppose they could have remained, but it was much safer to hire a contingent of armed guard to accompany Garavel and his men back to Kelmarane. My wives deserve better than following us around, don't you think? They'll enjoy all that Kelmarane can provide, and welcome us back, once we're done here with our consultations with Rayhan." Pent's mood is quite high.

"The touch of a woman, Odie, hoo hoo hoooo. You know, you could probably find a woman who appreciates a good razor, and have her keep your bed warm for you at night." The gnome ribs the dwarf.

...

In the temple, Pent looks about, and enjoys all that is shared with them.


Maps: Howlings travel

Divination:

"What you ask is not to be. Not because the light would steer the faithful away from such a path, but because others will interfere."

Day Two: Temple, return to market, other activities? @Otah thoughts on the keen?


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision

Pent Listens to the Light. He closes his eyes, nodding to She who Knows. He stands up, which isn't that far to rise, and turns back to Amiamble.

"She doesn't discourage us from trying to unlock the Scroll. She doesn't encourage us, either." Pent seems satisfied with his interpretation of Sarah's Saying.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)

GM Lareg, Mr. Gnome, Divination:
Snarkyrae wrote:
"What you ask is not to be. Not because the light would steer the faithful away from such a path, but because others will interfere."

Ami stares at Pent, sure the gnome did something wrong because the answer makes no sense. It *should* be a yes/no answer, Ami is sure of it.

"What did you do wrong, Mr. Gnome? Why is that answer so unclear? Why won't Sarenrae just say 'yes, open it' or 'no, protect it from others'? How have you helped? Are you doing this to mock the glorious Sun?" Ami's eyes narrow at the married gnome. He is not happy with the answer that makes no sense.

Pent Arotha wrote:
"She doesn't discourage us from trying to unlock the Scroll. She doesn't encourage us, either." Pent seems satisfied with his interpretation of Sarah's Saying.

"How can they not know? How can they say protect it and it's important yet not know what to do with it? That why want it open or not? Why don't they come get it if it is so important!?"

Ami thinks.

"Tomorrow, we should see if they want to send an angel down to reclaim the scroll and take it to Sarenrae. Yes, or we should call one for her. We should give them the scroll and have them take it home. If this scroll is not safe here and they cannot say what to do with it, we should send it to them!"

Ami waits for Pent's response.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
GM Lareg wrote:
Day Two: Temple, return to market, other activities? @Otah thoughts on the keen?

Ami may need spellcasting services or scrolls from the Sarenraens, but they depend on what happens with the 2nd Divination (if any) and what Pent says to the above. If you have things to move onto please do, but Ami won't want any scroll unlocking until he is sure is supposed to.


Statistical Representation of Character's Sunny Disposition:
Male Gnome Ex-Jester HP: 99, AC: 13(t 11, f13), F 13, R 4, W 16, Init 0, Perception 23, Low Light Vision
Amiamble wrote:
"What did you do wrong, Mr. Gnome? Why is that answer so unclear? Why won't Sarenrae just say 'yes, open it' or 'no, protect it from others'? How have you helped? Are you doing this to mock the glorious Sun?"

Pent clasps his hands, and shakes his head. "I was wrong to try and help you, Amiamble Piddlespot. I see that now. I will not make that mistake again, I promise you." The gnome doesn't give the half even a half-look, as he readies to join the others and regain his good disposition.


Stats:
HP 107/107;AC27; F 11,R 15,W 15; Init:9; Perc 20 (normal). Yeenoghu: 154/154; AC 37 (usually);F 14+5,R 15+5, W 6+5; Perc 8;Acro 18 (lowlight)
Pent Arotha wrote:
Pent clasps his hands, and shakes his head. "I was wrong to try and help you, Amiamble Piddlespot. I see that now. I will not make that mistake again, I promise you."

Ami stares as the gnome walks away in the middle of a theological discussion, unwilling to add his wisdom to figure things out.

Ami shrugs, he did not have high hopes to begin with. But he, at least, was willing to try.

* * *

Ami will buy a scroll of Divination and one of Breath of Life at the Church if they are available. In the market, he will buy another fat supping goat for Yeen.

5,851 to 5,900 of 10,746 << first < prev | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Rat Sass's Legacy of Fire - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.