Ed's Starfinder Game (Inactive)

Game Master fine_young_misanthrope

Working our way through the first AP for Starfinder. We're using SFS rules and you get credit!


51 to 97 of 97 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Male Lashunta Solarian 1 Init: +1; Senses: Perception +5 DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 15 (+2/4 armor, +1 dex,) hp: 11/ 11 Stamina: 7/7 Resolve: 3/ Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1

Round 4

Taking his hits in stride, the Solarian swings again.

Melee solar weapon (tactical baton): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
Photonx3 +1 damage


Akitonian Human Soldier 7 (Mercenary, Armor Storm) SP 59(52) HP 54(54) RP 5(6) EAC 21 KAC 24 ‘CMD’ 27 Fort 7 Rflx 5 Will 5 Advanced Plasma Bolter (+10, 2d8+7 F&E), Pulse Gauntlet (+12, 1d6+16 B/So)

Threign responds to the club with his armored fist...

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

...but connects with only air.

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Scholar, Mechanic 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

ok start with round 3 and hopefully will prevent the attack Mortimer just took in round 4

with an enemy suddenly close to Mortimer, and hopefully wounded enough from his previous hits, Mortimer looks to Rex to take him out.

Rex spins in place to fire at the enemy on his master.

pistol attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Mortimer not too happy with someone so close that intends to do him harm tries to bat him with his baton.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Dataphiles

Female Lshunta Scholar 1 SP 5 HP 9 Resolve 4 EAC 11 KAC 11 CA 19 F:+0 REF +1 WILL INI+5 PERC +5 +4

Another ray,. this time of electiricity
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 rta
1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Android Mechanic 1 | Init:+4 | Senses: Darkvision, Low-Light | Perception +4 | DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 13 | HP: 7/10 Stamina: 0/6 Resolve: 4/ Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +0 Pulsecaster 36/40

Builders works to quiet his nerves changes the Primary target for R.A.N.G.E.R. to the nearest ganger and fires another shot.

Pulscaster +4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge

Round 4, FIGHT
monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Hurt them plenty!
Mortimer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 hit and down!
Raial: Iniative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 SAP!
Threign: initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Wide
Builder142: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Light damage
Rollo Qantas: Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 FIRST BLOOD!

Mortimer shoots twice and hits twice, his target hitting the deck..

Raial throws a bolt but misses the target.

Threign shoots at a target, but misses the bolt going wide

Builder142 shoots his target, but doesn't hit hard, glancing the target.

Rollo swing hard and swing fast and the first ganger drops to the deck. He doesn't move.

Round 5, FIGHT
monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 clubs everywhere!
Mortimer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Raial: Iniative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Threign: initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Builder142: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Rollo Qantas: Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The gangers advance and start swinging!
club attack on Rollo, damage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d6 ⇒ 5
club attack on Rollo, damage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d6 ⇒ 3
club attack on Raial, damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d6 ⇒ 6
club attack on Threign, damage: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 81d6 ⇒ 4

Map Updated


Male Lashunta Solarian 1 Init: +1; Senses: Perception +5 DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 15 (+2/4 armor, +1 dex,) hp: 11/ 11 Stamina: 7/7 Resolve: 3/ Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1

Round 5

Bruised and getting battered, the Lashunta sighs.

You boys asked for it!

The brilliant point of light is the explosion of a star that has reached the end of its life, otherwise known as a supernova. Supernovae can briefly outshine entire galaxies and radiate more energy than our sun will in its entire lifetime. They're also the primary source of heavy elements in the universe.

Supernova: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 1 = 8
Ref DC 12 1/2

Rollo then takes a guarded step toward the crates on his right.


Akitonian Human Soldier 7 (Mercenary, Armor Storm) SP 59(52) HP 54(54) RP 5(6) EAC 21 KAC 24 ‘CMD’ 27 Fort 7 Rflx 5 Will 5 Advanced Plasma Bolter (+10, 2d8+7 F&E), Pulse Gauntlet (+12, 1d6+16 B/So)

Threign wades in, striking with his fist again.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Sigh.

Seeking to draw his opponent back and out of any opportunities for his friends to fire at him, he takes a guarded step back.

Dataphiles

Female Lshunta Scholar 1 SP 5 HP 9 Resolve 4 EAC 11 KAC 11 CA 19 F:+0 REF +1 WILL INI+5 PERC +5 +4

I think that she is down

Liberty's Edge

Round 5, FIGHT
monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 clubs everywhere!
Mortimer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Raial: Iniative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Threign: initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Shoots but does not score...
Builder142: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Rollo Qantas: Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 BOOM!

save 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
save 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

One of the gangers survives the blast, but the other drops to the floor burned! The other gangers see this, scream, and start running way in all directions! On their way out, the run into your contact, he yells loudly, and then you see the gangers fade into the shadows of the station

station security finally arrives, but too late to join in the fight. Emergency medical services follow and begin attending to the wounded. Security personnel begin to question everyone around and eventually get to you all. the look at you with your weapons drawn and ask What happened here? Those that are down are treated and asked by the medical crew What happened?


Akitonian Human Soldier 7 (Mercenary, Armor Storm) SP 59(52) HP 54(54) RP 5(6) EAC 21 KAC 24 ‘CMD’ 27 Fort 7 Rflx 5 Will 5 Advanced Plasma Bolter (+10, 2d8+7 F&E), Pulse Gauntlet (+12, 1d6+16 B/So)

Threign points his weapon to the floor, clears it, click the safety into place and slings it on his shoulders before wearily sighing and turning to the security officer.

"We had just come off of the transport," he begins, jerking his head back over his shoulder to indicate the docking ramp from whence they had come, "When a bunch of these guys," gesturing to the fallen thug,"Opened fire with no warning. I can't speak for my fellow passengers, but I returned fire for self-defense and to contain the situation. You can see where I got tagged, he finishes, pointing at the lased spots on his armor.

He cranes his neck, looking around the bay for signs of the dwarf he was supposed to be meeting.


Male Android Mechanic 1 | Init:+4 | Senses: Darkvision, Low-Light | Perception +4 | DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 13 | HP: 7/10 Stamina: 0/6 Resolve: 4/ Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +0 Pulsecaster 36/40

Builder looks panicked until Threign begins speaking. He looks to the officers. "The humans assessment as accurate for myself as well. I could use some medical aid if it is available"

He seems to have forgotten he is carrying the Pulsecaster.


Male Lashunta Solarian 1 Init: +1; Senses: Perception +5 DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 15 (+2/4 armor, +1 dex,) hp: 11/ 11 Stamina: 7/7 Resolve: 3/ Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1

Quickly dismissing his solar weapon, the Solarian strides purposely toward the dwarf.

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Scholar, Mechanic 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Rex immediately retracts his weapon, and Mortimer holsters his needle gun.

If I do say so, this is quite the welcoming committee. in any event, I, or more like, we, are victims in all of this. luckily we had the means of self defense.

Mortimer tries to keep the situation calm while keeping a bit of distance, not trying to allow himself appear threatening.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Liberty's Edge

The guards look at your rag tag group and says Oh, you're completely safe. We appreciate the help! We've known about these two for a while Absalom Station’s most infamous street gangs: the Downside Kings and the Level 21 Crew. We're sorry that this is your first experience on the station.

Medical techs run around start reviving you all. After they administer crack care, you revive to your maximum hitpoints.

As you look around at the hold, you see medical techs over the corpse of the dwarf. today is not going to be a good day. You've been summoned by the starfinders, but your local contact is dead. What would you like to do next?


Male Lashunta Solarian 1 Init: +1; Senses: Perception +5 DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 15 (+2/4 armor, +1 dex,) hp: 11/ 11 Stamina: 7/7 Resolve: 3/ Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1

Rollo examines the dwarf, while searching him for anything Starfinder related.
The Lashunta scans those around him too.
detect thoughts(DC 13)


Male Android Mechanic 1 | Init:+4 | Senses: Darkvision, Low-Light | Perception +4 | DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 13 | HP: 7/10 Stamina: 0/6 Resolve: 4/ Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +0 Pulsecaster 36/40

As the Med Tech's arrive Builder seems to come back to himself and stows his weapon before heading over to the dwarf.

"Frak! Any one know where to find the Starfinders?

Dataphiles

Female Lshunta Scholar 1 SP 5 HP 9 Resolve 4 EAC 11 KAC 11 CA 19 F:+0 REF +1 WILL INI+5 PERC +5 +4

Did she get healed?

Liberty's Edge

Raial wakes up surrounded by several medics. The dwarf and the shirren look down at the women and says Are you are ok?

Rollo looks over the dwarf and doesn't find anything on him except his datapad and wallet. The datapad is locked.

Builder142 asks the medic where to head, and she says The lorespire is the headquarters of the Starfinders. It's not hard to find if you follow the information kiosks. Is that where you are headed?


Male Lashunta Solarian 1 Init: +1; Senses: Perception +5 DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 15 (+2/4 armor, +1 dex,) hp: 11/ 11 Stamina: 7/7 Resolve: 3/ Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1

Pocketing the findings, the Lashunta overhears the directions to the Starfinders. Rollo walks over to the medics.
I would like to report this to the Society. They need to know what happened here.

The Lashunta scans all in the area for clues as to why this occurred?
Rollo activated Detect Thoughts in order to find anyone who may have been involved?


Akitonian Human Soldier 7 (Mercenary, Armor Storm) SP 59(52) HP 54(54) RP 5(6) EAC 21 KAC 24 ‘CMD’ 27 Fort 7 Rflx 5 Will 5 Advanced Plasma Bolter (+10, 2d8+7 F&E), Pulse Gauntlet (+12, 1d6+16 B/So)

Threign nods in agreement. "The Starfinders should know if he had any people we should let know about this," he adds.

Liberty's Edge

Scanning the area, you don't see anyone who was involved. Now its just you and the Starfinders. Deciding that's the way tot go, you head out!

the Lorespire Complex isn't hard to find from you location located in Absalom Station’s Ring sector, is a campus with multiple buildings and rooms, though its eponymous spire is what people most associate with the Starfinder Society’s headquarters. Upon their arrival, you are greeted by a human male behind a large circular desk who rises and says Welcome to the Starfinder Society. How can I help you?


Male Lashunta Solarian 1 Init: +1; Senses: Perception +5 DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 15 (+2/4 armor, +1 dex,) hp: 11/ 11 Stamina: 7/7 Resolve: 3/ Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1

Rollo dumps the dwarf's possessions on the desk.
Our contact got smoked. We need a new one.


Male Android Mechanic 1 | Init:+4 | Senses: Darkvision, Low-Light | Perception +4 | DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 13 | HP: 7/10 Stamina: 0/6 Resolve: 4/ Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +0 Pulsecaster 36/40

Builder steps up after the lashunta.

"This sentient's statement is accurate"


Akitonian Human Soldier 7 (Mercenary, Armor Storm) SP 59(52) HP 54(54) RP 5(6) EAC 21 KAC 24 ‘CMD’ 27 Fort 7 Rflx 5 Will 5 Advanced Plasma Bolter (+10, 2d8+7 F&E), Pulse Gauntlet (+12, 1d6+16 B/So)

Threign's helm tilts a little, then turns to the desk.

"We're sorry to tell you, but the dwarf Kreel has been killed in a gang firefight. We were to meet him on Society business. DO you know who we might talk to? And can someone inform Kreel's people of his passing?"

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Scholar, Mechanic 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Mortimer spent some time going over Rex's circuits and making needed repairs.

he eventually catches up with the others as they leave to head toward the spire.

to back up the soldier's sentiments, we are to join the Starfinders.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Dataphiles

Female Lshunta Scholar 1 SP 5 HP 9 Resolve 4 EAC 11 KAC 11 CA 19 F:+0 REF +1 WILL INI+5 PERC +5 +4

Telepathy:
I may need some healing

Liberty's Edge

As soon as you mention the dwarf is dead, the attendent snaps to attention, Oh my goodness! Please, follow me! The attendent then pushes a button and a hologram pops up indicating he will be back. You are escorted through the Lorespire to to lead them to a cluttered but clean office deep in the complex. Waiting in the office
for the PCs is Chiskisk (N host shirren), a member of the Starfinder Society’s elected leadership council, the Forum. Seated behind a polished and unadorned plastic desk, Chiskisk wears understated business clothes and is nervously flexing their antennae from side to side—a shirren expression of perplexity. Chiskisk stands and welcomes you all, offers them refreshments (filtered water and processed-protein wafers), and bids them sit down before introducing themself. At the end of the introduction, the attendent pipes up and says I bring bad news, Kreel was murdered...
Chiskisk snaps to attention and says, “I am sorry that I cannot welcome you to Absalom Station under better circumstances. I assure you that such attacks are not a daily occurrence, though I realize that is likely small comfort to you. I am pleased that none of you were seriously hurt, but I grieve for Duravor’s death. He was a valued member of the Society, and a friend. May the Lady of Graves be kind in her judgment of his soul. The shirren bows their head momentarily, then looks up, their compound eyes glittering.
What puzzles me is the reason behind the attack. Chiskisk
taps a few commands into their computer. According to the incident report just released by station security, two gangs were involved in the attack: the Downside Kings and the Level 21 Crew. Gang wars are not uncommon on the station, but they usually confine themselves to the more lawless sectors like the Puddles. It is rare for street gangs to battle openly in public areas like the docks. I cannot help but wonder whether all is as it seems. There must be a reason why those two gangs were at Docking Bay 94 at that time—the time of your arrival, coincidentally. But was it coincidence? Were you and Duravor just innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire, or might you and he have been specifically targeted? And if so, why?

My understanding is that you are interested in becoming Starfinders, and since you were witnesses to the attack, I would like to ask you to investigate the incident on behalf of the Society. Find out exactly what happened and why. It may simply be a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time—I have no doubt station security will rule it so—but if Duravor was murdered, I would like to find justice for my friend. At the same time, this will give you the opportunity to demonstrate your own skills and abilities and show the Society that you are worthy of the title ‘Starfinder.’ Good luck and do you have any questions?.


Male Lashunta Solarian 1 Init: +1; Senses: Perception +5 DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 15 (+2/4 armor, +1 dex,) hp: 11/ 11 Stamina: 7/7 Resolve: 3/ Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1

Do you have any relevant information on either of these two gangs?


Male Android Mechanic 1 | Init:+4 | Senses: Darkvision, Low-Light | Perception +4 | DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 13 | HP: 7/10 Stamina: 0/6 Resolve: 4/ Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +0 Pulsecaster 36/40

Builder waits a moment before offering, "I would guess we could find some information on 'Level 21'." he smiles.

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Scholar, Mechanic 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 4/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +2; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Mortimer ponders the situation. Perhaps we can get a map of these sectors in question. turning to Rex, we can download them into Rex's data banks.

Dataphiles

Female Lshunta Scholar 1 SP 5 HP 9 Resolve 4 EAC 11 KAC 11 CA 19 F:+0 REF +1 WILL INI+5 PERC +5 +4

Telepathy:
Most helpful a map would be
she says with a "smile" in the communication and on her face.

Dataphiles

Female Lshunta Scholar 1 SP 5 HP 9 Resolve 4 EAC 11 KAC 11 CA 19 F:+0 REF +1 WILL INI+5 PERC +5 +4

Are we done?

Liberty's Edge

Ed? Are you dead? Nope, but my wife had a close friend die. That sucks, but we are also the closest people so I've been cleaning out a house for the last few weeks. Life is semiback to normal, so posts resume tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Dataphiles

Female Lshunta Scholar 1 SP 5 HP 9 Resolve 4 EAC 11 KAC 11 CA 19 F:+0 REF +1 WILL INI+5 PERC +5 +4

I am sorry to hear that.

Liberty's Edge

As you begin to ask questions, Chiskisk says, I honestly wish I could help you. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the gangs of the station. They are a problem, so this is something I will leave to you. I can give you a 'signing bonus plus expenses' and I can recommend staying at the Mons of Sleep hotel in the central hub that also rents efficiencies. It offers discounts to Starfinders, so you can get a efficiency for 16 credits a week or a two room suit for 50 credits a week. Beyond that, its up to you to uncover why Duravor Kreel was murdered and why the gangs were involved. Here is my comm code if you have any other questions as well as a general map of the station. Any other questions I can answer now?

[ooc]If you have none,Ill move on. Otherwise, post away and Ill answer retroactively.[/b]

With the meeting over, you find yourselves 200 credits richer and have your first task from the Starfinder society. What do you want to do first?


Akitonian Human Soldier 7 (Mercenary, Armor Storm) SP 59(52) HP 54(54) RP 5(6) EAC 21 KAC 24 ‘CMD’ 27 Fort 7 Rflx 5 Will 5 Advanced Plasma Bolter (+10, 2d8+7 F&E), Pulse Gauntlet (+12, 1d6+16 B/So)

Is that 200 each, or total for the group?


Male Lashunta Solarian 1 Init: +1; Senses: Perception +5 DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 15 (+2/4 armor, +1 dex,) hp: 11/ 11 Stamina: 7/7 Resolve: 3/ Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1

Rollo looks to his fellow investigators. The tall Lashunta nods to each one in turn.
My name is Rollo Qantas. I am from Caravel. I am former military; piloting and melee combat are my specialty.

Rollo then looks back to the Venture-Captain.
Consider it done, sir.

He then suggests to the group.
Perhaps, we start from whence it all began. VC we shall need access to the dwarf's files, reports, effects and address.

Liberty's Edge

Thats 200 each. Not a bad little payday!

To look into the dwarfs activities, you can ask around the station with a culture or Diplomacy check. As you mention the more intricate details to the VC, they turn to you and say, Ah...that is going to be tricky. The dwarf didn't trust easy, so I honestly don't know much about him. He kept to himself. You honestly on your own on this one. He was bad about paperwork and whatever he was up to, it might have gone to his grave if it isn't found by you. Sorry!

What do you want to do next?


Male Lashunta Solarian 1 Init: +1; Senses: Perception +5 DEFENSE EAC: 13, KAC: 15 (+2/4 armor, +1 dex,) hp: 11/ 11 Stamina: 7/7 Resolve: 3/ Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1

Rollo turns to the group.
I suggest we examine the body for clues firstly. Also, we should find out about him, his activities, and search his home. Anyone good with Computers?


Akitonian Human Soldier 7 (Mercenary, Armor Storm) SP 59(52) HP 54(54) RP 5(6) EAC 21 KAC 24 ‘CMD’ 27 Fort 7 Rflx 5 Will 5 Advanced Plasma Bolter (+10, 2d8+7 F&E), Pulse Gauntlet (+12, 1d6+16 B/So)

"Orvyn Threign," the armored soldier answers Rollo with a nod, "Just call me Threign. Militia, mercenary...any kind of soldiering work, really. Hail from Akiton."

"Checking the body and possessions first seems like a good step. Then I'd say we check the local 'net for info on the gangs, see if we can find out where to look for people to ask questions."

Dataphiles

Female Lshunta Scholar 1 SP 5 HP 9 Resolve 4 EAC 11 KAC 11 CA 19 F:+0 REF +1 WILL INI+5 PERC +5 +4

She listens to everything.

Liberty's Edge

With that you are off on your own. From here, you can start looking around. to check the net or the people roll diplomacy or computers. How do you want to search?


Akitonian Human Soldier 7 (Mercenary, Armor Storm) SP 59(52) HP 54(54) RP 5(6) EAC 21 KAC 24 ‘CMD’ 27 Fort 7 Rflx 5 Will 5 Advanced Plasma Bolter (+10, 2d8+7 F&E), Pulse Gauntlet (+12, 1d6+16 B/So)

Can we secure permission to search the body and possessions?

Dataphiles

Female Lshunta Scholar 1 SP 5 HP 9 Resolve 4 EAC 11 KAC 11 CA 19 F:+0 REF +1 WILL INI+5 PERC +5 +4

Who are we left with?

Liberty's Edge

Whose still in? I'd like to keep running, but I've also been out. It's been a crap month, but I'm still here!

Dataphiles

Female Lshunta Scholar 1 SP 5 HP 9 Resolve 4 EAC 11 KAC 11 CA 19 F:+0 REF +1 WILL INI+5 PERC +5 +4

DM, can you mark this as inactive please?

51 to 97 of 97 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Here is the Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.