Dungeon Master S's Fate of the Fiend (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

MAP

Initiative Quick Post:

  • Enemy: [dice]d20+0[/dice]
  • Alan Baird a'Lorien: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
  • Galdur XXI: [dice]d20-1[/dice]
  • Omrax the Bold: [dice]d20+3[/dice]
  • Wreck: [dice]d20+3[/dice]

  • Perception Quick Post:

  • Alan Baird a'Lorien: [dice]d20+10[/dice]
  • Galdur XXI: [dice]d20+1[/dice] (or 4)
  • Omrax the Bold: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
  • Wreck: [dice]d20+0[/dice]

  • 251 to 278 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Sovereign Court

    dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

    Shuler! Spare the paladin!"

    Galdur twists an emerald on his rings and catches the light. The sparkle bursts and the eidolon appears next to the dwarf. Both move to surround the golem and the eidolon smashes a fist into the creature.
    power attack fist: 1d20 + 15 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 4 - 2 = 20, boom: 2d8 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (7, 4) + 12 + 6 = 29 plus push: 1d20 + 16 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 4 - 2 = 25

    maker's call, both moving provoke AoO. Omrax I think we get one heal for each of us, unless it was one per party.

    Edit: Ninja'd by the GM!

    "Well done Omrax," the jeweler smiles.

    Grand Lodge

    Venture-Lieutenant - NH | Proprietor of Castamir's Station

    Bogipfen doesn't have any means beyond just giving orders. The princess you seek is in another castle....

    The Morlock eyes the question oddly. He doesn't know what you're talking about.

    The Hellknights have taken a lot of the brunt of combat. The paralictor seems to have newfound respect for you. "we must head back. There is a way up. We simply need to recooperate. There is some healing left among us. The spoils here are yours in payment."

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf -Paladin 12 AC29/T13(15) /F28/CMD28| Hp 108/112 | Fort:+20;Ref:+15;Will+17 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/2 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 1/15 used) { div fav+3, resist fire/30 und align, longstrider20', resist poison, life bubble }

    "Our gratitude, Paralictor. We have kept our word as promised. Lead on."

    After a careful search of the area to ensure all enemies are slain or destroyed, Omrax nurses to his wounds. He will use a clw wand unless other means are offered or found before we reach the next destination.

    Sovereign Court

    dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)
    Dungeon Master S wrote:


    ** spoiler omitted **
    Ambusta:
    Has 2 CCW and one Dismissal

    Agajprak:
    The morlock will keep a reserve CCW for each hero.

    Did you use a cure critical wounds Omrax? You might be able to get a second, from Ambusta. I know we used one for Wreck, but don't remember any others being used.

    Galdur casts a healing spell on the eidolon. rej eido: 1d10 ⇒ 1

    Scarab Sages

    Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

    Alan finishes climbing out of the pit and brushes himslef off, Well, that was exilarating.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf -Paladin 12 AC29/T13(15) /F28/CMD28| Hp 108/112 | Fort:+20;Ref:+15;Will+17 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/2 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 1/15 used) { div fav+3, resist fire/30 und align, longstrider20', resist poison, life bubble }

    as far as I know, only one CCW was used...on wreck. If he needs another or we can both take one if two remain.


    MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

    Two CCW remain...

    As the morlocks and Hellknights slowly begin to file out of the massive chamber, the pathfinders are left with a doorway to their goal. A pristine fortress, its entrance connected to the plaza by a series of travertine stairs, squats atop a partially buried beast the size of a whale. The fort’s gilded doors are splayed open, leading into a single, torch-lit chamber. Carved onto the fortress’s interior are miniature elephants, hippopotamuses, crocodiles, and myriad other four-legged monstrosities.

    Galdur recognizes this massive beast as some kind of construct, but the type escapes him.

    The party can take all the time they want to heal at this point.

    Once the pathfinders enter the single room area, the true power of this thing become obvious. Unfortunately the beast is not in the correct position. This entire fortress is on the back of a creature that must stand and move forward in order to line up with the door.

    Check the combat map for a picture of the thing.

    1d20 ⇒ 20

    You quickly discover that this is some kind of golem operated not by conventional means, but by way of a hidden panel. Operating it is another matter entirely. Galdur takes a look at the panel and with confirmation from Alan the pair thinks there's a chance they can work it out.

    Knobs, levers, and buttons 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 2 = 27 Manages to discern the UP command.
    More levers and a dial1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 2 = 25 The beast marches forward a step!

    Fortunately without any catastrophe they manage to get the beast in place. An ornate set of stairs opens into a grand throne room with ten stone statues as courtiers. At the far end of the room, a gilded sarcophagus lies before an elevated platform that bears a silver chair and numerous tall bookshelves. Overhead, several glowing orbs wash the tomb in shadowy illumination. Flanking the sarcophagus are two jet obelisks that threaten to pierce this chamber’s orb-filled ceiling.

    Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

    Damned if you guys know what it all means though. What truly surprises you, is the figure sitting calmly upon the throne. A woman, nay, a corpse, sits upon the throne. Long ago her robes and accouterments rotted and cracked. About her head is a crown tarnished with the weight of eons. "Champions from above..." Her Taldane is VERY heavily accented in a way none of you have ever heard. "Champions, I have waited here a LONG time for freedom. You have done so much to get here, I can imagine. You have earned a reward from me. Ask for anything and I shall see it done."

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf -Paladin 12 AC29/T13(15) /F28/CMD28| Hp 108/112 | Fort:+20;Ref:+15;Will+17 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/2 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 1/15 used) { div fav+3, resist fire/30 und align, longstrider20', resist poison, life bubble }

    Omrax would use his wand to cure up...after the CCW. Assuming Wreck did the same and we are close to full

    cures:

    ccw: 4d8 + 9 ⇒ (6, 2, 8, 4) + 9 = 29
    clw: 4d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 8) + 4 = 26 4 charges

    "What trickery is this? By the Inheritor, I do not ask favors of the dead. Explain yourself lady. Do you control these golems?"


    MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

    Anyone can make a Knowledge (Religion) check to identify the particular type of creature this is...

    "No trickery Pathfinders. I've been here for millennia, my only reason for existing is to keep this place from falling apart. My time is finished. I wish to see the world I left behind. I presume you came for some knowledge kept by my people. I have no reason to deny you if you just let me out of this place."

    Sovereign Court

    dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

    "Inperantike Severina Helsprex?" Galdur bows. "You already know we are Pathfinders, you may also know the threat now facing our world. We don't know what happened to your people, but we have reason to believe some of your advances would help us against this threat. In particular your golem soldiers and the ivory control rods."

    Kn(rel): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

    edit: OK, that's a cool map & picture. :)

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf -Paladin 12 AC29/T13(15) /F28/CMD28| Hp 108/112 | Fort:+20;Ref:+15;Will+17 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/2 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 1/15 used) { div fav+3, resist fire/30 und align, longstrider20', resist poison, life bubble }

    Kn:rel : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

    Omrax observes the lady while she speaks.

    "Yes, the knowledge of the golems is paramount. "

    Grand Lodge

    Venture-Lieutenant - NH | Proprietor of Castamir's Station

    Omrax, she's a lich.

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Sovereign Court

    dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

    Evil?

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf -Paladin 12 AC29/T13(15) /F28/CMD28| Hp 108/112 | Fort:+20;Ref:+15;Will+17 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/2 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 1/15 used) { div fav+3, resist fire/30 und align, longstrider20', resist poison, life bubble }

    Omrax has not yet detected evil on her for fear it may provoke her before we can negotiate.
    GM - What is the distance from us to her?.

    Omrax continues his internal struggles, trying to determine if the information she holds on the golems is worth any harm to innocents if she were to escape.

    "When you chose to subject yourself to this form of unlife to retain your power, it speaks of alterior motives. So I must ask, what are your intentions if you are to depart from this place?
    And how do you intend to convey the information of the golems?
    Are there written tomes or need we spend time journaling the details from your recollection?"

    Diplomacy : 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

    Grand Lodge

    Venture-Lieutenant - NH | Proprietor of Castamir's Station

    Sorry guys, just couldn't get to it this afternoon. Was unexpectedly not near WiFi. Asap in the morning.

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

    You guys are at 60' from her.
    1d20 ⇒ 9

    "Yes, you seem to know me. I am Imperantrix Severina Helsprex. I simply wish to be done with this place. Beyond that I have no specific intentions beyond my freedom. I can give you the baton of control for the golems." (Indeed you think she's willing to give up plenty to get out of here, but don't get a feel for what she will do when out..)

    Sovereign Court

    dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

    "Why have you not left before? Why is this place a prison to you? If you stayed to keep this place together, then what happens when you leave? Galdur asks.


    MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

    "A prison because the door was magically bound shut, a door you opened when you moved the Goliath. My divinations have shown me that my empire is no more. I have no need to protect these secrets as I have for so long. "

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf -Paladin 12 AC29/T13(15) /F28/CMD28| Hp 108/112 | Fort:+20;Ref:+15;Will+17 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/2 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 1/15 used) { div fav+3, resist fire/30 und align, longstrider20', resist poison, life bubble }

    "Were the demons we fought outside part of your empire? And what are your designs with the morlocks? Sir Alan and Master Galdur, what shall be our course? We need the baton. I am not generally willing to let undead wander free in the world. . "


    MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

    "They were opportunists, nothing more. I have no care about the morlocks. They can live or die for all I care. They mean as much to me as the people in Tian Xia. I grow weary Pathfinders. Don't squander an opportunity. I'm sure your missions rarely end in someone giving you what you came for."

    She looks like she's losing patience. What's your plan Pathfinders?

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf -Paladin 12 AC29/T13(15) /F28/CMD28| Hp 108/112 | Fort:+20;Ref:+15;Will+17 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/2 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 1/15 used) { div fav+3, resist fire/30 und align, longstrider20', resist poison, life bubble }

    I was waiting for a response from Alan since we knew Wreck is unavailable. In normal circumstances, Omrax would attack a Lich. However, the mission requires the baton, and we are not certain where she has it. So he will reluctantly negotiate (see diplo roll). Unless Galdur or Alan have strong objections.

    "Master Galdur, we came here for the baton. If she produces it, I shall hold her at her word to depart peacefully. If there is any sign of treachery in her dealings, then we must deal in a less peaceful manner. All agreed? Lady Helsprex will you uphold your end of such a deal? I give you my word on my honor if you will comply"

    GM, I am not sure if this is against code, but feel it is the best offer he can make without attacking her and failing the mission


    MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

    Ah the life of a paladin.... No I wouldn't considerate a code violation. Your duty is also with the Society. So long as Omrax returns with as much intel as possible on her, I'd say he's okay.

    Imperantrix Severina Helsprex looks at Omrax and weighs his words carefully. "If it helps ease your mind Paladin, I will grant you all of the texts here as well as the golem baton. I assure you, I will not double cross you in this matter."

    Sovereign Court

    dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

    "The corpse-lady has the means we seek. Rarely have we not destroyed the one holding such a means and just taken it. I look forward to balancing the scales against one of the Pathfinder's more loathsome reputations. We should accept the offer."

    in character I won't know her undead status, & ooc leave the final call to the paladin. If I did I'd add....

    "Sir Omrax, I do not envy your choice, but support it either way. Like the golems, I am loath to destroy such a source of historic and arcane knowledge. Although what benefit to the world to unleash one immortal power just so we can better fight another?"

    Scarab Sages

    Male Tien-Min/Varisian Human (HP 84/84; AC 33/T 31/FF 24, CMD 43, v Grapple 50, Trip 49: F +14, R +14, W +14; perception +10, init +4)

    Alan watches the dialogue occur, silently. Setting the lich's words against all weights and measures of truthfulness, as he rubs the outline of the dragon on his jade wayfinder.

    sense motive: 1d20 + 20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 20 + 1 = 34

    Silver Crusade

    Male Half Elf -Paladin 12 AC29/T13(15) /F28/CMD28| Hp 108/112 | Fort:+20;Ref:+15;Will+17 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/2 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 1/15 used) { div fav+3, resist fire/30 und align, longstrider20', resist poison, life bubble }

    "So do we have an agreement, such that it is? . "

    Omrax awaits her answer and glances at Galdur and Alan for any sign of objection or change of plans.

    Omrax will raise his hands after slowly sheathing his sword. He approaches to accept the baton and promised texts.

    Sovereign Court

    dwarf summoner 13 AC 22 (26), perception +13 (+2, +4) F: +9, R: +3, W: +8 (+4 steel soul, +4 shield ally)

    The dwarf nods to Omrax. No objections.


    MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

    While no one is comfortable with the deal or her unfathomable motives, she moves to uphold her end of the deal.

    "THIS is the baton." She motions to the numerous shelves. "The books are fragile, but should satisfy your curiousity."

    Indeed the books look too delicate to take at this point. A cursory look leaves you confident that a mending spell would do the trick (or a Make Whole.)

    Finally she sighs, which is a macabre gesture as no air passes through her mouth. I tire of this world. You'll never hear of me again Pathfinders. I appreciate this not ending in violence.

    With that she begins the words of a spell. Before she even finishes the first few, she vanishes from existence.

    Getting the golems out, however, is another task. They're too big to put through the door...

    As you ponder your next move, a disembodied voice speaks to you, "The secret is in the obelisk."

    After a fair amount of time poking about, and after copious uses of Galdur's Mending spell, you manage to figure out that in the room is a touch activated teleportation device. It won't work over a long distance, but you're confident it will get you (and the golems) to the ship awaiting your return.

    Venture-Captain Calisro Benarry greats your first arrival with surprise (even drawing her blade a bit.) When she realizes it's you, she swears for a solid 30 seconds before getting your story. From there she helps you to load and transport the golems to the Grand Lodge. She sports a wide grin during the return trip, often descending into the cargo hold of her ship just to stare in amazement and wonder. If the PCs failed in their mission, she is still glad to see them and prepares to leave as soon as possible. It never really leaves you that the deal you struck was one with a powerful ruler from ages long past. For many nights you lose some sleep over what the future holds.

    Awesome job guys! That was a great trio of scenarios with a pretty solid post rate. If you're ever looking for a game, PM me and I'll let you know if I have anything coming up. I'll also likely start advertising games on the Flaxseed Lodge. I've got chronicles ready to go, and I hear the reporting system is fixed. I'll try to email them out ASAP.

    DM:

    1d20 ⇒ 3
    1d20 ⇒ 9
    1d20 ⇒ 14
    1d20 ⇒ 20


    MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

    Session is reported, and I'll get your sheets out to you ASAP. Sadly my reported tables are messed up. I know they're working on it now. Has this happened to you guys? I should have kept a spreadsheet to make their job easier, but alas.

    251 to 278 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's Fate of the Fiend All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.
    Recent threads in Play-by-Post