Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


10,751 to 10,800 of 12,164 << first < prev | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | next > last >>

Cуровую зиму wrote:

Cуровую will try to follow where the Monk went, she did a full attack so she can't have gone far right?

Are you going to the edge of the tower and looking over?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Cуровую зиму wrote:
Cуровую зиму wrote:

DM Cуровую will make a Perception check, looking for two things

First where is the Princess Monk?

Second, where is the biggest grouping of men, and if there are equal numbers spread out she will hit acolytes, the commander and soldiers in the top of the list, in that order with another Fireball then move to where Morsum and the Judge are.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

'Keep your eyes out for the female Monk pain in the a$$, keep our beloved Judge safe'

Cуровую round 9 action

Wand Fireball DC 18 Reflex save. Second charge spent

Damage 28

Cуровую round 10 actions

Perception to look for Monk and to locate the most densely populated area where she can target in this order of priority acolytes, soldiers, then commander with another Fireball but cast by her

Perception 21

Knowledge Arcane if needed to find where this will be most effective 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 = 28

Fireball cast by Cуровую, DC 20 Ref

Damage 26

Cуровую round 11 to 13 actions are pending on what DM says is happening on the courtyard and what the group needs her to do on the roof.

I repost the ... repost, which was originally to help clarify what we are doing. By the way since the Monk full attacked she could have not gone far correct? Full attack, dropped down, 5' step?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

As indicated the second Fireball would target the largest grouping of men still visible, Perception 21 and Knowledge 28 to see where this would be effective, PRIORITY IN THIS ORDER was Clerics primary target, commander, then men.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Are you going to the edge of the tower and looking over?

Your looking at me with those lizard eyes aren't you?

Sigh.

Au Revoir Shoshanna!


Aha. What confused me here was that it's actually the third charge (down the ladder, commander's group, survivors of commander's group) not the second.


Cуровую зиму wrote:


By the way since the Monk full attacked she could have not gone far correct? Full attack, dropped down, 5' step?

Or she could simply have let go and plummeted to her death.

Why don't you come on over and have a look?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
What confused me here was that it's actually the third charge (down the ladder, commander's group, survivors of commander's group) not the second.

Oh. Wait Cуровую cast it if you look at the posts, not from the wand, as indicated it was her spell.

However if you allow it to be switched because you only mentioned the stables after she made Perceptions, she can send the other Fireball from the wand and cast the other Fireball on the stables because that was a possible target.

But that would happen before 'take off'.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

I think that we should hold the fireball charge and not start lighting up the stables right now. It would be a great diversion and might kill a few guards, but it also uses up one of the few remaining charges we have left. Also, as I have posted before, I think that the second fireball into the courtyard is a waste. However, I am not the one casting the spells or using the wand.

Personally, the more injured we leave down there, the more healing that is going to get used on low level guards and the less there will be for monks and commanders.


Cуровую зиму wrote:


However if you allow it to be switched because you only mentioned the stables after she made Perceptions, she can send the other Fireball from the wand and cast the other Fireball on the stables because that was a possible target.

I have no objection. Switch away. Are you zapping the survivors, and then the stable? Or just one, and if so, which?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Cуровую's Perception was 21 for the survivors, was there any more Clerics on the courtyard? If not, the only grouping was the commander and a few wounded men they were carrying?


Correct.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

No more Clerics?

If that were the case please just keep the Fireball cast by Cуровую, DC 20 Ref

Damage 26

Then moves to the others.

To Edmin and the others as she moves away from the ledge 'There are stables. Very flammable target. All wood construction and hay bales and straw. Probably a good distraction.'

Would throwing three well placed alchemist's fire and three flasks of oil be enough to set that place ablaze?


Think that one through.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I meant clearly visible Clerics. I know Monk pain in the a$$ is also also a Cleric and there are some tending to the sick soldiers but I was asking about the courtyard.


Nope, none visible in the courtyard.


Cуровую зиму wrote:


Would throwing three well placed alchemist's fire and three flasks of oil be enough to set that place ablaze?

Difficult because of the range. (The rules on thrown items are not your friend.) You need to not just hit the stables, but get the fire inside the door. You'd have to roll well, several times, and it still wouldn't give the same sort of instant massive conflagration.


Okay, fast-forwarding a bit. At the end of Round Three after the Sergeant's death, the arrows start falling.

Now, it's unlikely that they're going to hit anything; they lost their artillery spotter, so they're shooting blind. However, they can at least make that tower top a bit uncomfortable for you. So they're going to do that. Eight arrows fall. Each arrow has a 1/3 chance of hitting a square where one of you is standing. Then it has to hit you. Then it rolls a 50% miss chance, since they're shooting blind. So let's see:

1d3 ⇒ 31d20 ⇒ 11d100 ⇒ 87
1d3 ⇒ 11d20 ⇒ 81d100 ⇒ 67 <-narrowly misses Sir Edmin
1d3 ⇒ 31d20 ⇒ 131d100 ⇒ 3
1d3 ⇒ 11d20 ⇒ 11d100 ⇒ 20 <-bounces harmlessly off Grumblejack
1d3 ⇒ 31d20 ⇒ 161d100 ⇒ 42
1d3 ⇒ 21d20 ⇒ 201d100 ⇒ 20
1d3 ⇒ 21d20 ⇒ 51d100 ⇒ 71
1d3 ⇒ 31d20 ⇒ 171d100 ⇒ 90


Okay, that was Team Good's action for this round. (Well, their action that you could see. They may be doing other stuff.)

Oh, BTW: the dead Seeker had a masterwork quarterstaff, a rather lovely Mitran holy symbol worth 50 gp, and three potion bottles. One of the bottles is empty (Shield of Faith -- that was the faint glow around him) but two still have potions in them. However, testing potions is a FRA, and you haven't had time to check them out yet.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

let's say that's your Day 1 / Day 6. Here's what you get:

"Oh, yes, there are priests here. The town priest is old Father Jole. He insists on riding the circuit to the outlying towns, though, so he's gone more than half the time. Last summer he fell ill for a month, and we thought we'd lost him. He should be back for this Brightday, though.

"The chief priest up the Tower is Father Dunnigan. Oh, he's a lovely man. Very kind. Very kind. And very learned! Oh, you should hear him expound a bit of Scripture. A real pleasure.

"There are also five acolytes up there -- Brother Lambert, Brother Gregory, and Sisters Talya and Edith. And the fifth one, the quiet one, I can never remember his name. Holly or something. He doesn't talk much, that one."

--

This took me thirty minutes to find I wonder if that Monk is Talya.

--
No more Clerics?

If that were the case please just keep the Fireball cast by Cуровую, DC 20 Ref

Damage 26 to the largest group remaining in the courtyard, I believe it may be the commander and half a dozen men helping the wounded.

Then moves to the others.

Do we get three rounds of actions before the arrows start to fall DM?

On the round the arrows start to hail Cуровую does not even look up, motions to the debris and dead bodies and simply says

'I like what you have done to the place but the weather is atrocious.'.

She waits for a pause in the 'weather' then pulls out her only Scroll of Shield and casts it.

Caster Level 2, two minute duration


Cуровую зиму wrote:


No more Clerics?

For the third time /on this page alone/, no, no more clerics.

I know it's incredibly annoying that this military organization is not putting its scarce and vulnerable healers out in front where you can slaughter them at your convenience. It's even more annoying given that there is a large room full of sick and injured soldiers over in Area 32. You know, that entire large room full of sick and injured soldiers that the party scouted out a while back? The one where you actually saw a couple of acolytes tending to the sick soldiers?

Where are the clerics? WHY are they not standing around waiting for your fireball? Given that there is a large room full of sick and injured soldiers, what could they possibly be doing that's more important than standing in the courtyard staring around aimlessly so that you can kill them? Because when you think of military clerics who are part of a military organization, what do you think of them doing? Praying in the chapel, perhaps? Having a nice snack downstairs in the kitchen? Tending sick and injured soldiers in a large room full of sick and injured soldiers? Or standing around in the open, gazing upward at the sky, waiting for a Fireball?

Wait -- could there be some connection between the absence of clerics from the courtyard and the presence of an entire large room full of sick and injured soldiers? Upon consideration... no. It must be a coincidence.

Damn you, clerics! Where, where could you be?


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

just saying, I said we should have fire balled that room…


Cуровую зиму wrote:


If that were the case please just keep the Fireball cast by Cуровую, DC 20 Ref

Damage 26 to the largest group remaining in the courtyard, I believe it may be the commander and half a dozen men helping the wounded.

Okay. That's going to kill two more soldiers for sure... let's see.

1d20 ⇒ 9
1d20 ⇒ 19

1d20 ⇒ 19

A third soldier is killed. The fourth one drops unconscious, but the Commander (who seems relatively unscathed) grabs him, throws him over his shoulder, and disappears into Area 32. (Hm, I need to update the soldier count.)

Quote:


Do we get three rounds of actions before the arrows start to fall DM?

Yes, but you've already used two.

Shield spell noted.


Three charges used from the wand -- three left.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Cуровую зиму wrote:

Spellcraft with Detect Magic if the Wand is unique or has special qualities and how many charges it may have d20 +12

Fireball, cast at 8th level. Seven charges left.

I think there should be 4 charges left. I had it in my mind that it started with 9, but it looks like there were only 7 charges. We should have 4 left.

As a side note, when people are using powerful limited use items, whoever is using/in charge of the item should list the charges. If I had realized how few charges were left, I would have argued against using it as much as we have much more vehemently. Especially that last charge which I previously mentioned seemed like a complete waste.


Morsum arrived just after Zimu got attacked by the monk. By the time the arrows fall, you've had two rounds to buff him. As per your description, you're first casting Evolution Surge (causing him to sprout wings), and then Enlarge Person .

Er... does Morsum count as a "person"? Assuming he does, then his huge shadowy form looms over you now, vast dark wings folded behind him. What do you want to do next?


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

mom was right I should have been a baker.

Xen says as he climbs aboard Moraum


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

Morsum arrived just after Zimu got attacked by the monk. By the time the arrows fall, you've had two rounds to buff him. As per your description, you're first casting Evolution Surge (causing him to sprout wings), and then Enlarge Person .

Er... does Morsum count as a "person"? Assuming he does, then his huge shadowy form looms over you now, vast dark wings folded behind him. What do you want to do next?

It is the Share Spells ability:

Share Spells (Ex)

The summoner may cast a spell with a target of “you” on his eidolon (as a spell with a range of touch) instead of on himself. A summoner may cast spells on his eidolon even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the eidolon’s type (outsider). Spells cast in this way must come from the summoner spell list.
.
This ability does not allow the eidolon to share abilities that are not spells, even if they function like spells.

____________________

As long as everyone is in agreement, the following spells should be active.

Morsum - Evolution Surge(flight)(5 minutes), Enlarge Person(5 minutes), Mage Armor (1 hour from wand)
Edmin - fly(5 minutes), probably carrying Ragnar
Grumblejack - Levitate(5 minutes) <-- per DMDM, he is less than the 500 pound limit
Cy - Shield (2 minutes), Mage Armor (? hours)
Jax - Levitate (5 minutes) <-- chosen as he is stronger and can carry someone else more easily, probably
Dren - Alter Self ?
Judge - nothing
Xen - nothing ?

On round 13:
Jax casts Darkness onto Morsum's backpack
Edmin picks up Ragnar and holds onto him while flying. He can also hold a rope for guidance as he does not have darkvision.
Xen climbs onto Morsum.
Morsum picks up the Judge and Cy with Xen holding onto his back. (I am guessing from descriptions that the three of us are less than 532 pounds.)
Jax picks up Dren, then levitates and grabs a rope tied to Morsum.
Grumblejack levitates and also grabs the rope.

I think that this is everyone. Please let us know how many rounds this would be. At this point, the archers are blindly shooting over the paraphet and shooting into a cloud of inky darkness.

If anyone disagrees, let us know otherwise, we should begin flying to the gatehouse and will appear as nothing more than a cloud of darkness against the cloudy sky.


Douglas Muir 406 wrote:


Wait -- could there be some connection between the absence of clerics from the courtyard and the presence of an entire large room full of sick and injured soldiers? Upon consideration... no. It must be a coincidence.

Okay, that came out a little crankier than I intended. Apologies. I'm juggling work, Christmas stuff, and a few days as a single parent. I don't think it's good form to snark at fellow players, and I'll try not to do it again.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

That sounds good to me Judge.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

I giggled dmdm. But make it up to us by not killing us for one more round


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
For the third time /on this page alone/, no, no more clerics.

Hey now, I understood what you were saying I was reposting my actions based on what you said, I thought that was obviously a cut and paste of a cut and paste of a cut and paste, sorry! I thought that was obvious, I was just trying to show you the second Fireball post from five days ago.

Sorry, phone posting, each time I was just saying what I had planned to do because the second Fireball (which preceded the second Monk attack and the hail of arrows) kept being ignored despite repeated posts.

Cool? So is the Monk Princess Talya?

:) That was funny rant by the way.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Xenfal wrote:
just saying, I said we should have fire balled that room…

Absolutely! That may have been a missed opportunity but then we were still in stealth mode, we would have to fight our way to this tower and we would not have killed two more officers. In hindsight I wish we left somebody who could use the wand there and then follow us with Invisibility.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Three charges used from the wand -- three left.

Ok my turn to say it, but I posted six times :) Cуровую was casting Fireball and not using the wand, hence the higher DC and the lower damage.

I had the wand at nine charges and we used two but I may have been looking at the Judges post I will amend that now. Was it originally nine or seven?

In any case two charges used, one by the Dren against Barhold's group one by Cуровую against the courtyard with the commander's group, and one cast as a spell by Cуровую as a follow up.

I have marked those charges off as soon as they were cast.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Xenfal wrote:
Xen says as he climbs aboard Moraum

-

Welcome to Quasangi Airways {a subsidiary of Frosthammer Cruise Lines}, where your first trip, may well be your last

Please stow your Ogre in overhead cabin before boarding, any use of Message is strictly prohibited during take off and arrival.

On flight beverages in First Class include blood types A, B and AB (upon request)

For today's inflight entertainment, our ground crew will provide a hail of arrow fire.

We know you have a choice when you adventure, thank you for Flying Quasangi Airways.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Ok.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Look at Edmin hog the spotlight!

;)

Guys we have three rounds of actions, can you please post them so we can leave this rooftop.

Have we collected all the magical, useful (including keys or badges of office) and valuable items from the two we had to fight up here?

Cуровую could use one or two heals but Edmin and Jax first.

Keep an eye out for the Princess Monk and anyone trying to break though the door.

Cуровую will use her two remaining rounds of actions to cast Extended Fly on herself using the Rod. Then move action give it to someone who may need it.

Followed Detect Magic to begin studying the items found on the officer and the Seeker, she can continue studying in Darkness when it is cast.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 = 33

I suggest everyone grabs extra tight hold of the rope.

She will not be riding on Morsum but can assist with his Fly, and will enter the globe of Darkness.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

I healed you once zimu please take note of that


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

My three rounds of actions are taken up above with spells and changing size. Xen I would suggest you use the three rounds to use more wand charges. Edmin needs more healing.
We can also heal as we are moving towards the gate. How many rounds will that take us? I will bring out the second wand in round 1 then use it on anyone I can reach.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

I used one on Cymu

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 on Edmin
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 on edmin


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Thank you.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]
Cуровую зиму wrote:


Cуровую will use her two remaining rounds of actions to cast Extended Fly on herself using the Rod. Then move action give it to someone who may need it.
. . .

She will not be riding on Morsum but can assist with his Fly, and will enter the globe of Darkness.

How many Fly spells do you have memorized? One is being cast on Edmin. I believe that is the only one you have unless you are using your bonded object.

Also, I am not sure where you plan on flying. You have one of the lowest AC and fewest HP in the group. If you want to be a sacrificial flying target for the fort archers, all the best to you. However, unless you can carry Edmin and Ragnar, we are going to be leaving members of the party behind and requiring Morsum to make additional flights. The reason Edmin was selected is that he is the current leader, per the rest of the party deciding to demote me without cause, and also because he is strong to allow him to carry additional weight. We need to have strong people with the Fly and/or Levitate cast on them to get everyone across.

Which brings up an issue, in our planning, we have not allotted time to get Grumblejack out of his armor, and someone will have to carry the armor. This then leads back to my initial thought of casting the fly on Grumblejack as he will then be able to carry a ton of weight - Cy and someone else perhaps. With the second Levitate being cast on Edmin who will carry his puppy.


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Without cause? Pfft lol


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:
How many Fly spells do you have memorized? One is being cast on Edmin.

Judge please take time to read my posts, I read all of yours. As you can remember it was I who actually suggested Edmin get the Fly spell.

Fly from scroll on Edmin, unfortunately my only scroll of Fly (discussion thread)
Fly cast by Cуровую on herself

Sorry its not that I don't trust Quasangi Airlines its more that I have severe allergic reactions to falling from great heights.


Current weather conditions are cloudy with not-so-distant thunder -- it looks like a storm is on the way, likely to arrive quite soon. The sky is completely dark. Most of the courtyard and the walls are pretty well lit by torchlight, however.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Well bring Xen and Jax over first/early so they can start disabling device everything.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Cуровую зиму wrote:

If we leave them with a significant distraction to focus on they may not even know we left the rooftop and continue to commit troops to storming this rooftop even as we slip away. Wasting their time and buying us some more.

I sure hope they see the dead bodies around the golem (Artiste de Cadavres Gelés) and attack it.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Obscuring Mist before we leave? Or possibly set fire to the debris up here and hurl them to the ground? Let them think we are making our stand here and we have no access to Fly

We have been here 14+ rounds they probably think we have no means of escape of we would have left already. Let them continue thnking that.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]
Cуровую зиму wrote:
Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:
How many Fly spells do you have memorized? One is being cast on Edmin.

Judge please take time to read my posts, I read all of yours. As you can remember it was I who actually suggested Edmin get the Fly spell.

Fly from scroll on Edmin, unfortunately my only scroll of Fly (discussion thread)
Fly cast by Cуровую on herself

Sorry its not that I don't trust Quasangi Airlines its more that I have severe allergic reactions to falling from great heights.

Other than suddenly deciding that you do not like the plan the rest of us agreed upon, why are you refusing to be carried? I have been repeatedly saying that we need to conserve our resources. Using an extra spell when there is no reason to use it simply baffles me.

Also, how do you have a scroll of Invisibility CL2, Levitate CL2, and Fly CL4? All of these are below the minimum CL. The FAQ you cite HERE appears to have no relation to making scrolls and unless DMDM gave you the thumbs up, all of these need to be at their minimum CL - 5 for fly, 3 for the other two.

Finally, I do not see where you actually posted that scribed any of these scrolls. You may have posted that you did, but the only one I can find is where you said you scribed a scroll of Invisibility at CL2, which I think DMDM said you could not do a few posts later.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Hello kitty!

Ok Judge, [spoil]take a step back, breath. I have NOT changed any plans, merely adding to it. I was the one who first asked is there a means if we can Fly of the tower and I was the one asking if the Fly could be used on Edmin rather than Grumblejack (no offense to Grumblejack, Edmin is just leader and I would think better at combat).

I am NOT changing anything, read your PMs from Dec 12 and Dec 13, I never said Cуровую was going to be carried, I offered Fly and Levitate scrolls for others, she was always planning on Extending a Fly, read the email again why she is planing to.

More importantly casting Fly will now last one hundred rounds, I see no reason why I need to conserve it for later, if this combat is not decided in the next 30 rounds I wont have anything to contribute anyways except banter and a smile. Now at least if we are attacked I can support us and help provide cover than just being part of the parade of falling characters.

There is no reason I can see where being carried is better than Fly and if we need one more later, we'll use the bonded item.[/spoiler]

Judge

I Scribed the scrolls at that level to save on gold expense. When I pointed out Fly was 4 minutes and not 5 minutes (basically cutting the spell of a minute early) on the discussion thread no one objected or corrected me.

The special ink DM mentioned from Irin is something else entirely different and may have been in spoiler but they were not used in any case. Regarding the lower casting, in Organized Play there are scrolls you can find at a lower caster level, just like finding a wand with five instead of fifty charges or finding a 3rd level Haste created by a 3rd level Summoner instead of a 5th level Wizard. Organized Play is stricter than regular play, I was unaware that you could not do this, I think I may have even asked in game here, if that is the case I'll subtract the gold although I may be short so 50 gold in that case. I can do the math.

If you look at the gold left on my character sheet counting from the Prison you will see whats left. I have apologized for not being great with the rules before, I know its a shortcoming, I have asked you all when I need help with them and I am meticulous with the math part of it when I book keep. Please don't come after me when I get a rule wrong, I try to learn from all of you.

I am aware my spell resources are dwindling and have said as much, but it can't be helped. I don't have the skill set of a Summoner.

The reason I don't have any Fireball, Monster Summoning II or Blood Transcription scrolls prepared is because I did not have enough gold to go around, and I even asked other players if they could pay for part of the scrolls they needed (which earlier in the campaign I did not do and offered to cover the cost). I am sorry it was not that I did not want or think to prepare them, its because I did not have gold for them.[/spoiler]


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I was considering suggesting throwing the magister Bref's head to fire bomb the stables (fitting as Bref hates horses right?) and would be curious to see if the head would become a Goblin horse hybrid, but then we would lose the use of the head because it would be in the courtyard.

Does anybody have suggestions? We still need a distraction to keep the troops occupied and unaware we have pulled an Elvis and left the building.

10,751 to 10,800 of 12,164 << first < prev | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.