DM Khel's Unseen Inclusion (Inactive)

Game Master Khelreddin


51 to 100 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

"If you need, Mogok can make lock go boom!"

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
**Bane Afflicted** | Half-Elf | Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 (5NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB 0, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Shortbow +4 (1d6), Melee: Dagger, Rapier, Sickle, Sap | Active conditions: None

A little embarrassed, or maybe still a little disturbed by the weight of the just heard voice in his head, Teehax turns back to the device not wanting to fail is new found friends.

Try 1: Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Teehax mutters to himself, "Time and age has not been kind to this lock."

Try 2: Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

"Almost got it. Right...."

Try 3: Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

".... There!" Click. "It would appear that 'practice' makes perfect.

Teehax carefully swings open the top.


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

On his fourth attempt, Teehax succeeds in opening the lock! Lifting the lid of the chest, he finds that it holds dozens of small, dull gray stones with no apparent value. Many of the stones have cracks, divots, and pockmarks. Mixed in amongst the gray stones are four onyx gemstones, worth perhaps thirty gold apiece.

Please make one skill check for the spoilers below, and read the spoilers based on how high a result you get.

Appraise or Knowledge (arcana), DC 14+:
You realize that the gray stones were once flawless gemstones and that they were likely used as components in the creation of a spell or magical effect.

Appraise or Knowledge (arcana), DC 19+:
You believe that the stones represent failed attempts at necromancy of some kind.

Teehax, curious about why someone would keep something so worthless in a locked chest, picks up a stone. He finds it to be fairly soft and brittle, capable of being scratched by a fingernail. He scrapes the surface of the rock for a moment, and is surprised to see that the dust scraped off the stone falls into patterns on the floor that look like writing!

If you can read Ancient Osiriani:
The characters and words formed by the dust that falls to the floor are in Ancient Osiriani, but the messages are gibberish as though formed from disjointed ideas.

Dark Archive

**Bane Afflicted** | Half-Elf | Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 (5NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB 0, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Shortbow +4 (1d6), Melee: Dagger, Rapier, Sickle, Sap | Active conditions: None

Teehax carefully takes inventory of the chest, and examines gems and gray stones.

Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The except for the dust gray stones appear to be unremarkable, but then Teehax's feet come into focus, and the dust has settled into a pattern next to this right foot.

"Curious, come see... the dust has fallen into some characters that I do not recognize. Does anyone know what to make of this?"

Man... my rolls have been terrible.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Sorcerer 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 16 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | CMD 12 | Init +2 Perc +3 | Effects: none ]

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

The tall elf approaches the motley assortment of stones, his face thoughtful. Reaching down, he selects three of them and picks them up, handling them gingerly as he turns them over and over in front of him.

After a few such turns, he shakes his head slightly and speaks in a serious tone. "Dark magic was worked upon these stones; they were once bright and valuable. I do not believe the necromancy was successful; if so, that is fortunate for us."


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

As Kelevan explains the nature of the strange gray stones, Mogok's curiosity gets the best of him and he peers up the narrow stairs to the north. He can't see much, but can tell that the room is littered with debris.

Continue north or head back to the entry room and go west?

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

Mafisadi scratches one of his big round ears as he studies the writing at Teehax’s feet.

”Immortality and dark magic are an ominous combination.”

Perhaps up the stairs to the north, since Mogok already looked up there?


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Makes sense to me.

Advancing up the stairs, the Pathfinders can see that detritus litters this room, including bits of metal, broken furniture, crushed glass, leather strips, and shredded parchment. The walls, ceiling, and floor are covered in deep gouges forming words and phrases in multiple languages.

If you speak Abyssal, Ancient Osiriani or Infernal:
The words formed by the gouged letters and symbols throughout the room are “I will seek the Dungeons, find the screams, remember your name, KILL YOU” over and over again.

Investigating the room a bit more thoroughly, Kelevan finds a sturdy box that holds eight flasks of alchemist’s fire. Studying the debris and the layout of the room leads Teehax to conclude that the room once contained a table with thick leather restraints, a single stool, and a small writing desk.

Linguistics, DC 13 or Perception, DC 15:
You find enough scraps of parchment to determine that the pages contained Ancient Osiriani writing, arcane symbols, and sketches of gemstones and humanoid skulls.

If you understand Ancient Osiriani or got 18+ on the Linguistics check above:
You are able to determine that the writing on the scraps of parchment dates to the Age of Destiny, around seven millennia ago.

Looking down the hall leading west out of this room, the ever-curious Mogok can see a wide hallway lined with alcoves, with a passage leaving it to the north.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Human (Silver Crusade) Shaman 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +0, CMD 10 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Emmylou picks her way into the room.

Anyone else hear a voice back there? She was a might grumpy, wouldn't you say?

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

What was she talkin' about? Slaves and immortality! Nobody likes talk like that.

Emmylou picks up the dusty onyxes.

You know I wouldn't say anything mean about nobody, but these remind me of my 17th grandson's wife's biscuits. Bless her heart!

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Emmylou continues to tsk tsk these sad little onyxes.

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

”More ancient writing on these scraps of parchment, but alas, I can’t read this language.”

Mafisadi gestures toward the alchemist fires. ”Perhaps these are for you?” he says to Mogok. ”Best take them before my dear cousin blows himself up.”

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elven Sorcerer 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 16 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | CMD 12 | Init +2 Perc +3 | Effects: none ]

Linguistics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"This appears to be Osiriani — Ancient, if I were to hazard a guess, as you humans are fond of saying." The elf cracks a slight smile, with a polite inclination of his head toward the humans in the group.

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara Stats Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Per: +7, SM: +7 | Ranged: Xbow +2 1d8, Melee: Quarterstaff +2 1d6+2

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"Mafisadi, just because I ate the wrong thing that one time doesn't mean I'll make a mess all the time! Besides, that was a pretty awful kurta you were wearing. Good riddance!"

Hansee goes to peek into the neighboring room, looking for any signs of danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

”Still you mock my kurta after all these years?! Mafisadi snaps.

Then he calmly closes his eyes, places his palms together at the center of his chest, and repeats his mantra.

“Om mani Ragdya hum... Om mani Ragdya hum...” Occasionally opening an eye to check on Hansee.

Dark Archive

**Bane Afflicted** | Half-Elf | Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 (5NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB 0, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Shortbow +4 (1d6), Melee: Dagger, Rapier, Sickle, Sap | Active conditions: None

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Grand Lodge

Upon seeing the parchments, Mogok yelps slightly and says, "Longshanks gonna get the words stolen from their heads. Mogok smart, not want good words taken. Want to talk good still."


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

The next room is a more of a broad passage leading nowhere, with a bend partway along. Over a dozen small alcoves line this hallway, each containing rusted shackles bolted to the walls and copious amounts of dust. Three of the alcoves contain brittle skeletons hanging from the shackles. Frantic, unintelligible whispers echo around the otherwise silent chamber, seemingly originating from the skulls of the deceased.

Heal or Knowledge (religion), DC 13:
You determine that the bones once belonged to adult humanoids who suffered from multiple horrific and fatal diseases all at once.

Heal or Knowledge (religion), DC 18:
You deduce that only magic or divine energies could have kept these people alive long enough to contract so many deadly diseases, and that force is likely what preserved the bones.

Dark Archive

**Bane Afflicted** | Half-Elf | Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 (5NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB 0, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Shortbow +4 (1d6), Melee: Dagger, Rapier, Sickle, Sap | Active conditions: None

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"These poor bastards. I know not what ended them, but dignity should have pulled them down, and buried them. Gods knows how long they've been down here," Teehax eyes darts about as the soft voices wash through the chamber. "Again, voices speaking to us... When we are done, we should send a priest to help put them to rest."

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

”Poor souls indeed. I do have to say I am relieved to know you hear the voices too, Teehax. But that’s the only thing pleasant to me about this place so far as I’m seeing it.”

He turns to Hansee. ”What say you dear cousin?”

Sadly Mafisadi does’t have Heal or Kn: Religion. I should put a point in religion next level. Note to self!


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Anyone can make a Heal check untrained, just roll and add your Wisdom bonus.

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

Yay!

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Mafisadi steps over to the skeletons and gives them a closer look.

”Clearly these were humanoids of some sort. From the discoloration on their bones, they suffered from many and several horrific and fatal diseases all at one time. Not even an elf could live long enough to suffer through so many diseases at one time. Some sort of magic or divine energy must have keep them alive.”

He scratches his chin with his lizard-like tail, thinking.

”They may not have been prisoners so much as test subjects. What an even more horrible thought.”


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Nice!

Anything else you want to do in this room? Dance with the skeletons, try to put them to rest as Teehax suggests, otherwise interact with them? Or head back the way you've come and go west from the initial entry room?

Grand Lodge

M Elven Sorcerer 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 16 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | CMD 12 | Init +2 Perc +3 | Effects: none ]

Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Kelevan nods in agreement with Mafisadi's assessment, cracking a momentary polite smile in response to the other's reference to the elven lifespan. "They are surely deserving of a final courtesy," he adds, as Mafisadi finishes.

Grand Lodge

"Do Bogmunch burial way. Burn them then throw bones into swamp."


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Okay, the next place you go is an encounter, and I didn't realize that Hansee still doesn't have a character sheet posted. In the meantime, can I have his initiative modifier, so I can get the encounter started?

Silver Crusade

Female CG Human (Silver Crusade) Shaman 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +0, CMD 10 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Poor things... They didn't eat enough, obviously. This is why you always have to finish your plate, boys!


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

You guys don't need to roll initiative, I'll do that. I just need to know what Hansee's initiative modifier is. If I don't have it in the morning, I'll just guess and get us started. But I'll use Mafisadi's result this once, since I may not have been clear.


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Retracing their steps, the Pathfinders return to the entry chamber and head west. Broken marble litters the southern corners of the next room, where a pair of huge, toppled statues brandishing curved stone swords must once have reached nearly to the ceiling twenty feet above. Many broken weapons lie scattered about the room. A set of broad stairs leads to a platform in the northwest corner.

As the party enters, three skeletal figures, standing stock still, stir to life, shaking off centuries of dust and raising rusty blades!

Initiative:

Kelevan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Mogok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Teehax: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Hansee: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Emmylou: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Bony foes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Round 1 Initiative:
Mogok
Hansee
Mafisadi
Teehax

Bony foes
Emmylou
Kelevan

Bold are up! Knowledge (religion) to identify what you’re facing.

Dark Archive

**Bane Afflicted** | Half-Elf | Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 (5NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB 0, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Shortbow +4 (1d6), Melee: Dagger, Rapier, Sickle, Sap | Active conditions: None

When it's Teehax's turn.

Teehax reached towards the floor, and a sap appeared in his hand. Moving to his left, Teehax begins his flank (away from the stairs).

Grand Lodge

Mogok runs into the room and throws a bomb at one of the skeletons.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Attacking red.

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

Mafisadi steps up to blue (5’ step) and unleashes a flury of blows!

Kick to the face!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Pucnch to the gut![/dice: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

”WA-KAW! PA-KOW!”


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

The sharp-eyed among you will notice that there were three enemies on the map, and now there is just one. That's the difference between the low-tier (which you guys are) and the high-tier (which is what I had accidentally put on the map). So, just one monster this fight!

Mogok's bomb strikes the skeleton and explodes, sending bone fragments flying! As Teehax gets into position, Mafisadi misses with a high kick, but lands a punch! His fist goes right under the breastplate hanging on the bony shoulders, through the spot where the gut once was, and smashes into the creature's spine!

Round 1 Initiative:
Mogok
Hansee
Mafisadi
Teehax
Bony foe (-13 hp)
Emmylou
Kelevan

Hansee is up!

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara Stats Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Per: +7, SM: +7 | Ranged: Xbow +2 1d8, Melee: Quarterstaff +2 1d6+2

"Cousin, you've always had a way with knocking skulls. I need to bone up on that, if you know what I mean." Hansee bumps into Mafisadi as he makes his way around the bony fellow, as well as the skeleton — provoking clan rivalry from the former, provoking an attack of opportunity from the latter.

He strikes out with his staff once he's in flank.

Staff: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Just got back from Mexico and will get Hansee more fully set up by tomorrow.


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Understood, Hansee. Looks like you had a great trip, I loved your elaborate food writeup from the DF!

The skeleton is caught flat-footed by Hansee's nimble movements and fails to react in time, but Hansee's staff also fails to penetrate the skeletal warrior's armor. The fleshless foe focuses his undead ire on the only opponent in reach who's actually harmed him, swinging his sword at Mafisadi!

Longsword vs Mafisadi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Round 1/2 Initiative:
Mogok
Hansee
Mafisadi
Teehax

Bony foe (-13 hp)
Emmylou
Kelevan

Bold are up! Emmylou and Kelevan will finish the round, but anyone can post and I'll sort out the order.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Sorcerer 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 16 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | CMD 12 | Init +2 Perc +3 | Effects: none ]

Kelevan isn't sure exactly what the group is facing, but is fairly certain that a walking skeleton is likely some form of undead. Drawing, therefore, upon his experience with such creatures, he forms a glob of ether and flings it at the thing! Disrupt undead.

Fling (ranged touch, in melee): 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 = 13
Disruption: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Silver Crusade

Female CG Human (Silver Crusade) Shaman 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +0, CMD 10 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Oh, those poor dears. Look at them. They're absolutely starving.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Oh dear... It's too late for them. Here, let me take you out of your hungry misery.

Emmylou strikes with her walking stick, i.e. staff.

Attack quarterstaff: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
dmg quarterstaff: 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara Stats Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Per: +7, SM: +7 | Ranged: Xbow +2 1d8, Melee: Quarterstaff +2 1d6+2

Hansee mugs at Emmylou. "I wonder if they have an appetite for quarterstaff, granny. You think?"

Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6
Blunt: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"Hey, stop squirming around in your chair, kid! Eat your d*** food!"


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Emmylou is able to identify the underfed foe as a skeletal champion, a sort of super-charged version of the garden-variety animated skeleton. She knows it is resistant to all but bludgeoning weapons, such as the fists and quarterstaffs of her companions, and that cold does not bother it in the slightest.

Kelevan’s glob of positive energy strikes the skeleton, causing many of its bones to crack and turn to dust, and draining it of much of the unholy power that animates it! Emmylou and Hansee make twin whistling sounds as their staffs swish through empty air!

Round 2 Initiative:
Mogok
Hansee
Mafisadi
Teehax

Bony foe (-17 hp)
Emmylou
Kelevan

Mogok, Mafisadi and Teehax are up!

Emmylou - can you post a character sheet on your alias page, please?

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

Mafisadi continues his flury of blows!

Eat my fists of fury!”

Punch to the jaw!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Punch to the ribs!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

”WAA-CHAO!”


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Mafisadi – I think you left out the +2 for flank. With that bonus, you’ll hit.

Mafisadi’s punch takes off not only the skeleton’s jaw, but its entire head! It falls to the floor in a clatter of bones, its well-made blade ringing off the stone!

Combat over! It had a masterwork longsword, a breastplate and a heavy steel shield and nothing else of value.

Knowledge (arcana or history), DC 12+:
You recognize that the fallen columns were once magical constructs and that the magic animating the columns is Jistkan in origin, based on the symbols carved into the destroyed constructs.

Knowledge (arcana or history), DC 17+:
Strangely, the symbols carved into the columns contain intentional flaws that would have weakened the constructs or caused them to lose control.

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

Mafisadi blows the dust off his nuckles, then presses his palms together and bows respectfully toward the pile of bones that was once a skeletal champion.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Sorcerer 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 16 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | CMD 12 | Init +2 Perc +3 | Effects: none ]

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Interesting," remarks the elf, studying the fallen columns. "See here, and here? These runes would introduce a weakness into this system, and might even cause the magical control to be lost... as if you were to intentionally use poor-quality flour or leaven in your grandmother's cranberry walnut cookie recipe."

He proceeds to explain the meaning of this to the others, trying to make it understandable even for Hansee and Emmylou. Feel free to read the spoilers above.

Perform (oratory: cookie-making instructor): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

Do we see another exit from this room? Are the broken stairs to the platform climbable, or are they too broken?

Grand Lodge

”See, that what scribble does. Makes weakness in system. Mogok not wanna weak head.”


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Once Kelevan has completed his tutelage about cookie-making, as an extended metaphor for a craftsman intentionally sabotaging his work, the party heads up the stairs. Strangely, they lead to a broad hallway into the next room, where a flight of stairs leads down again. This room is relatively bare, but for a statue of an armed man with a hyena head blocking the passage leading north from it.

Initiative:

Kelevan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Mafisadi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Mogok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Teehax: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Hansee: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Emmylou: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Statue: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Round 1 Initiative:
Mogok
Mafisadi

Statue
Hansee
Teehax
Kelevan
Emmylou

The statue has not yet done anything. Mogok and Mafisadi are up.

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

Is there any kind of check we can make to identify this statue? Does it look to be threatening us?


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Sure, Knowledge (arcana), but only Mogok and Mafisadi can make that roll at the moment. At present, it's standing completely still, like a statue.

Knowledge (arcana), DC 13+:
This is a caryatid column, though it seems less robust than most such creations.

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

Mafisadi doesn’t have knowledge arcana, but we saw broken statues in the other room, right? So, he can assume this one may be some kind of guardian and may animate.

”Most patient and vigilant guardian, we seek only enlightenment in this place.” Mafisadi bows to the statue and attempts to tumble past.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 lolz

Grand Lodge

Mogok walks over to the top of the staircase and readies one of his bombs. "You can try get brighter or whatever. Mogok gonna wait to blow it up just in case."

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

I'll ready to attack it if it animates.


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Mafisadi moves into position, stumbling a bit on the stairs but still moving quickly enough to avoid any hazards. An instant later, the hyena-headed stone figure begins to move, the layers of dust on it, cracking and sloughing off! At the same moment, Mogok lets fly an alchemical explosive, which strikes the animated carving in a ball of fire, sending chunks of stone flying!

As the smoke clears, the statue steps toward Mafisadi and strikes at the vanara with a stone fist!

Slam vs Mafisadi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Round 1/2 Initiative:
Mogok
Mafisadi

Statue (-9 hp)
Hansee
Teehax
Kelevan
Emmylou

Bold are up, everyone can go!

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara Stats Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Per: +7, SM: +7 | Ranged: Xbow +2 1d8, Melee: Quarterstaff +2 1d6+2

"Hey, gnoll face, back away from my cousin!" Hansee rushes forward and attempts to smack the statue with his quarterstaff, punctuating each swing with, "You! Can't! Mess! With! Pretty!"

Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Blunt: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

51 to 100 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khel's Unseen Inclusion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.