DM Khel's Unseen Inclusion (Inactive)

Game Master Khelreddin


201 to 250 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male Vanara Stats Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Per: +7, SM: +7 | Ranged: Xbow +2 1d8, Melee: Quarterstaff +2 1d6+2

Hansee goes to the door and gets ready to open it, looking to make sure his cousin and the other weirdos are ready.


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Hansee lays a tentative hand paw on the door handle and discovers it is locked.

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara Stats Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Per: +7, SM: +7 | Ranged: Xbow +2 1d8, Melee: Quarterstaff +2 1d6+2

Hansee shakes his fist (complete with opposable thumb, making the appendage a HAND) at the door. He waves at Teehax. "You got somethin’ for this, right?"


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Nothin' a good thumb-chopper can't fix!

I'll give Teehax some time to mess with the door. If that doesn't work out, there's another set of stairs on the west side of the building. They were mentioned in the description but I had accidentally covered them on the map, they're now visible.

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

As Hansee goes to try the door, Mafisadi give him a hardy thumbs up, but then frowns upon discovery that the door is locked.

”If Teehax can’t pick it, I will humbly kick it open,”he says, flexing his opposable big toes.

Dark Archive

**Bane Afflicted** | Half-Elf | Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 (5NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB 0, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Shortbow +4 (1d6), Melee: Dagger, Rapier, Sickle, Sap | Active conditions: None

Sorry, I was traveling last week, and started a new jobs this week.

Teehax approaches the door, and picks appear.

disable device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

disable device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

disable device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

disable device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

A light click gently rings pass Teehax, as he looks back with a smirk.


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Unfortunately, the click that Teehax heard turns out to be the sound of a delicate tool snapping off as he pulls it from the lock, which has resisted his attempts to open it.

Sorry, it's a tougher lock than I realized. I'm afraid you're not going to be able to open it.


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

This door is locked. You can try to open it by some means other than picking the lock, or you can try other entrances. There are doors to the east and west of the locked door, and there's a staircase going up to a narrow patio on the west side of the building.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Sorcerer 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 16 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | CMD 12 | Init +2 Perc +3 | Effects: none ]

Let's head to the patio!

Dark Archive

**Bane Afflicted** | Half-Elf | Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 (5NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB 0, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Shortbow +4 (1d6), Melee: Dagger, Rapier, Sickle, Sap | Active conditions: None

Whoa... a 26 won't open it?

Teehax has picked a lot of things. He knew key-ways like he did his nose. He's fingers have explored the nook and crannies of many locks, and liberated door and boogers alike.

But today, would be no such day. Today there would be no pick and roll of a creaking hinge. Teehax pulls the broken pick from the door, frowns, and slips it back into his leather tool wallet. <sigh> It's been one of those adventures.

Teehax sizes up the door, and begins to stretch; after all, a door isn't going to kick itself. Kelevan says, "Let's head to the patio!"

"Yeah, that's a better idea," Teehax mutters, and heads toward the patio, "at this rate, I'm likely to break an ankle."

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

Mafisadi flexes his toes in disappointment.

”To the patio then.”


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Teehax slumps away from the door dejectedly, joining the others as they head for the stairs to the west. Four thin pillars support the stone overhang above this narrow balcony running along this side of the building. Two doors, one on the northern end of the balcony, and one on the southern end, lead inside. A robed corpse leans against one of the pillars, a dagger plunged into his chest up to the hilt.

Dark Archive

**Bane Afflicted** | Half-Elf | Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 (5NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB 0, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Shortbow +4 (1d6), Melee: Dagger, Rapier, Sickle, Sap | Active conditions: None

Teehax hops the railing to the balcony and checks windows and doors.

For good measure, I'll throw in some disable device checks

disable device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
disable device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
disable device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
disable device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

can I actually post now?


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

I could post then, but only for a second...

Teehax determines that neither of the doors is locked. Would you like to try the north or south door?

And there’s still a body with a dagger in its chest, if anyone is curious.

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

What do the robes look like? Are they religious robes, or the robes of a cultist perhaps? Not that Mafisadi has any knowledge anyway.

”Could this be one of the chanters we heard, perhaps strayed too from the crowd? What is going on down here, in this strange place where no one has supposedly been for hundreds of years?”

Mafisadi checks the body for the cause of death.

heal: 1d20 ⇒ 2

”If I had to hazard a guess, which I am doing right now, I’d say the dagger killed him, but again, it’s just a guess.”


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Mafisadi guesses that they are religious robes, and they could certainly be the robes of a cultist. As to the cause of death, Mafisadi feels his instinct is pretty accurate - that the body was alive before it met the dagger, and became dead soon after its encounter with the blade.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Sorcerer 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 16 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | CMD 12 | Init +2 Perc +3 | Effects: none ]

Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Kelevan nods slowly, fairly certain that the monkey-man's intuition is correct this time, but wondering if there's any more to the story. He slowly surveys the corpse, trying to determine how long ago the death happened as well as whether any other factors were involved.


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Kelevan thinks the man died recently, within the last week or so, as there is an unpleasant odor about the body but no clear signs of rot. The key factor in why this individual is a corpse does indeed seem to be the dagger in his chest.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Sorcerer 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 16 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | CMD 12 | Init +2 Perc +3 | Effects: none ]

Kelevan kneels beside the body and carefully, respectfully searches it, wondering if the killer left any items or information of interest on his handiwork.


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Kelevan opts to include a scan for magic in his careful, respectful search, and discovers that the dagger is magical! In addition to being very finely crafted, it gives off a menacing air of necromantic magic.

It’s a lesser dagger of venom, which functions as a regular dagger of venom except the poison can only be used 1/day and it’s only got five uses in it.

Dark Archive

**Bane Afflicted** | Half-Elf | Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 (5NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB 0, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Shortbow +4 (1d6), Melee: Dagger, Rapier, Sickle, Sap | Active conditions: None

Is the corpse still ....um... 'juicy'? Is it stinky?

Teehax rejoins the group. With a frown, Teehax steps closer to the body, and sniffs.

Grand Lodge

M Elven Sorcerer 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 16 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | CMD 12 | Init +2 Perc +3 | Effects: none ]

The elf shakes his head sadly as he completes his examination. "I have no desire for such an object," he comments, taking a moment to wipe his hands slowly across the stone floor before straightening up from his kneeling position.

North door! (That's the one that's farthest from the locked chanting-door, right?)


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

The southern door is the one furthest from where you heard the chanting, so I'll have you go in there.

Teehax confirms that the dead body doesn't smell good, then opens the southern door off the balcony. Rugs and cushions lie on the floor of the large room beyond; unfortunately, they are covered in overturned dishes and spoiled food. Several humanoid corpses lie about. Deep wounds and copious blood speak to their violent deaths.

Two heavy stone doors exit this room to the north, and another leads to the east. The south wall is lined with a series of small doors that lead into very small rooms, much like the ascetic cells of a monastery. The easternmost room contains a simple bed, a chest with plain clothes, and a thick book written in a variety of fiendish-looking languages. The next little room contains an apparent wardrobe of disguises: a variety of mundane outfits, from religious garb to urchins’ rags.

The next room in the row of humble cells seems to contain an armory of sorts, adding up to five maces, five cold iron morningstars, three spears, and six sickles. And the westernmost room, closest to the door where the party entered, houses a raving human, who appears delirious, badly injured, and clearly malnourished. The man pays no heed when someone enters the little room, but constantly mutters to himself, repeating, “Yes, all else must wait. The Black Moon rises! She shall bring glorious ruin upon the world. I can hear her—she is almost here! Ahriman, look upon our great work, and grant me a place in the House of Oblivion!”

Dark Archive

**Bane Afflicted** | Half-Elf | Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 (5NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB 0, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Shortbow +4 (1d6), Melee: Dagger, Rapier, Sickle, Sap | Active conditions: None

Teehax eyes the venom dagger. Adding one to his collection would be a sizable spoil. He reaches to grab the handle, stops, and thinks better of it. Venom daggers are very illegal... Getting caught with one is never easy to explain, not to mention that this is one made by a necromancer. Those in Teehax's trade have been known to carry such things, and, more importantly, are contracted to do so. This is not Teehax's path, at least, not today.

Teehax might circle back to collect this dagger, once he knows more about who we're dealing with. A magic venom dagger made by a necromancer is not something one should just pick up and take?

Silver Crusade

Female CG Human (Silver Crusade) Shaman 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +0, CMD 10 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Before the party leaves the door, Emmylou puts her and Rumball's ears to the door and they listen to the chanting.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Oh... they must be such nice people. I believe that they are saying grace before their meal. They must have been raised properly.

Seeing the party leave, Emmylou gathers Rumball, her purse, and herself and follows around to the patio.

Why are we going around to the back? Shouldn't we just ring the doorbell? Oh, my! Look at these lovely flowers! I must know who their gardener is!

Emmylou and Rummy stop to smell the gardenias. As she turns the corner Emmylou sees the corpse by the patio. She sharply draws in her breath.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Oh my goodness! That man is hurt!

Grand Lodge

Mogok motions to the door to the north, "Think we go there. Nowhere else to go."

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

I think Teehax should totally take the dagger!

Mafisadi nods at Emmylou’s observation.

”Hurt to death I’m afraid.”

Then, upon seeing the scene in southern room:

”What terrible events happened here? Did they turn against each other, or were they slaughtered by some outside foe? The Black Moon, Ahriman, and the House of Oblivion? All sound terrible if I were to say a word about them. Sometimes knowledge leads not to enlightenment, but to madness.”

Is there a check to recognize any of these names. I don’t think we’ve heard them before.

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara Stats Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Per: +7, SM: +7 | Ranged: Xbow +2 1d8, Melee: Quarterstaff +2 1d6+2

Hansee nods at Mogok's good sense. "I think it's time to knock some skulls together, don't you?" He moves up to the door of chanting and attempts to open it.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Human (Silver Crusade) Shaman 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +0, CMD 10 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Poor, poor thing...

Emmylou says upon seeing the corpse. She and Rumball wrinkle their noses at the stench. Emmylou pulls out a bottle of perfume and spritzes the corpses.

Emmylou finds her way to the cells, and picks through the wardrobe. She holds an occasional piece up to herself to see if it might fit.

Does anything fit Emmylou?

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

”Interesting idea, Emmylou. Perhaps we can slip into the chanting room disguised as chanters.”
Are there robes that match those of the dead bodies we’ve found?


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Knowledge (religion), DC 12, to answer Mafisadi’s question:
Ahriman is the Lord of All Divs, a race of fiends that revel in destruction and misery. The other names are not clear, but may refer to aspects of Ahriman’s worship.

Rummaging through the heaps of clothes, Emmylou finds a couple of items that might fit her – a somewhat stained cook’s uniform and a dress of bright pink (though very cheap) satin. Mafisadi finds no monkish robes – perhaps because these may be the costumes the chanters use to fit in whilst outside of their place of dark worship.

Following Mogok’s suggestion, Hansee opens the door where the chanting is coming from, revealing a long room with two rows of stone pillars running its length. At the center of the room, a five-foot-diameter spiral of twisted arcane glyphs is charred into the floor. Broken bones stained with blood encircle the spiral, and an onyx gem sits in the center. Three figures stand by the spiral, engaged in some mad ritual. When the door opens, the lead cultist in the center looks up in alarm!

Initiative:

Kelevan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Mafisadi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Mogok: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Teehax: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Hansee: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Emmylou: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Leader: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Acolytes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Round 1 Initiative:
Mogok
Mafisadi
Hansee
Kelevan

Lead cultist
Teehax
Acolytes
Emmylou

Bold are up!

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

”Stop this evil ritual at once I am telling you!”

Mafisadi moves in and attempts to punch the blue cultist in his chanting mouth!

”Wa-kow!”

Punch!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Oh how I missed you RNG
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Despite his best efforts, Mafisadi fails to punctuate his strong words with violence, and his fist slides ineffectually against the cultist's shirt of chain links.

Round 1 Initiative:
Mogok
Mafisadi
Hansee
Kelevan

Lead cultist
Teehax
Acolytes
Emmylou

Bold are up!

Grand Lodge

Mogok runs into the room and pulls a cluster of spiked metal from his belt pouch, throwing it at one of the cultists. It shatters with a shower of sharp shrapnel shards.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The cultist will need to make a DC 14 reflex save or take 1 point of bleed damage.


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Mogok manages to toss his scrap bomb past the pillar and hit the cultist, and the explosion sends jagged shrapnel flying! The cultist is covered in blood and does not look well.

Yellow Reflex to avoid bleed, DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 4 Fails
Red Reflex to for half damage on splash, DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 9 Fails

Round 1 Initiative:
Mogok
Mafisadi
Hansee
Kelevan

Lead cultist (Red: -4 hp)
Teehax
Acolytes (Yellow: -9 hp, bleeding)
Emmylou

Hansee and Kelevan are up!

Silver Crusade

Female CG Human (Silver Crusade) Shaman 2 | HP 16/16 | AC 17 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +0, CMD 10 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +7 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Emmylou emerges from the dressing room and stands in the doorway in a combination of pink satin and cook's uniform.

Look! My dears! What a pretty pink, cook's uniform! What do you think?

She whirls around, and Rumball barks her approval. Then the both of them realize the violence that's going on around them.

Oh my! Stop! Stop, this now! This is not how proper people behave!

Emmylou slumber hexes (DC=15) the guard that's Mafisadi is not on.

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara Stats Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Per: +7, SM: +7 | Ranged: Xbow +2 1d8, Melee: Quarterstaff +2 1d6+2

Sorry... Travels... And uncertainty about website status...

Hansee twirls his quarterstaff around. He laughs a prayer to the Monkey King, enchanting it (Shillelagh).

Dark Archive

**Bane Afflicted** | Half-Elf | Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 (5NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB 0, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Shortbow +4 (1d6), Melee: Dagger, Rapier, Sickle, Sap | Active conditions: None

When it's Teehax's turn:

Teehax steps into the room, and lets an arrow fly.

hit: 1d20 ⇒ 10

if hits: dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

DM Screen:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Reflex, DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 14 Success
Reflex, DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 13 Success

Kelevan is camping, so I’m going to bot him. He’ll cast grease, in the area outlined in orange.

Hansee adds magic force to his quarterstaff and moves into the fray! Kelevan conjures magical grease on the floor under two of the cultists, who both manage to keep their feet!

A strange, maniacal muttering can be heard, though it’s hard to tell exactly where it’s coming from. It almost seems as if the source of the sound is moving quickly through the room, but there’s nothing to be seen other than the cultists. As the muttering ends, the acolyte closest to Mafisadi twitches wildly, his jaw tightening and face reddening, and he strikes at the monk!

Morningstar vs Mafisadi: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 2 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The red-robed priest claps his hands together above his head, causing a concussive burst of sound in the doorway!

Mogok, Teehax, Kelevan and Emmylou take Sonic Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5 and must make a DC 14 Fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round. Teehax failed his Fort save (I rolled it behind the spoiler below) and Emmylou made hers, so he is stunned and she takes the action she posted.

The acolyte with the yellow sash calls upon his dark god, sending a wave of fear and doubt surging through the Pathfinders! The blue-sleeved cultist swings again with his morningstar at Mafisadi! An instant later, the yellow acolyte falls to the floor, sound asleep!

Morningstar vs Mafisadi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Everyone please make a DC 14 Will save or take a -1 to attacks and fear saves from bane.

Fort saves for Teehax and Emmylou:

Teehax: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Emmylou: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Acolyte save vs Slumber, DC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Round 2 Initiative:
Mogok
Mafisadi
Hansee
Kelevan

?
Lead cultist (Red: -4 hp)
Teehax
Acolytes (Yellow: -9 hp, bleeding, asleep)
Emmylou

Bold are up!

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara Stats Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Per: +7, SM: +7 | Ranged: Xbow +2 1d8, Melee: Quarterstaff +2 1d6+2

Sensing that the evil may be best dispelled by smiting the spellcaster, Hansee attempts to do so!

I had positioned him adjacent to the 2 mooks, so it should just be a 5' step.
Shillagh: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damagh: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Hansee - and everybody - please make a DC 14 Will save vs bane, as mentioned in my last post.

Grand Lodge

Male LG Vanara (Vudra) Unchained Monk 2 | HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 14 FF 10 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Flury of Blows +5 Unarmed Strike 1d6+3 | Stunning Fist 0/2 DC: 14 | Active conditions: None.

For some reason I can’t click on my icon on the map

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Mafisadi steels himself against the bane.

Mafisadi steps forward, into flanking position with his cousin, and lets loose a flury of blows on the blue-sleeved cultist!

Kick to the face!: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Punch to the gut!: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Seriously this RNG


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

I moved Mafisadi into flank, not sure what was up with the map.

Mafisadi cries out, describing his attacks in a fierce whisper to himself, 'Kick to the face!', followed by 'Punch to the gut!', but he fails to live up to these exciting descriptions, missing with both attacks and leaving the blue-sleeved cultist still unharmed! Hansee's magic staff proves more effective, as he steps between the two acolytes and smashes their leader in the jaw!

Round 2 Initiative:
Mogok
Mafisadi
Hansee
Kelevan
?
Lead cultist (Red: -14 hp)
Teehax
Acolytes (Yellow: -10 hp, bleeding, asleep)
Emmylou

Mogok and Kelevan are up!

Grand Lodge

M Elven Sorcerer 2 [ HP 16/16 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 16 FF 10 | Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3 | CMD 12 | Init +2 Perc +3 | Effects: none ]

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Kelevan listens carefully, wondering if he'll be able to find the source of the muttering amidst the sounds of combat.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

If he can locate the muttering person, Kelevan casts grease beneath that person. If not, he summons a thorny vine to tangle itself around the leader's ankles (trip)!

Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Grand Lodge

Mogok throws a fire bomb at the cultist he attacked previously.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The yellow cultist will need to make a DC 14 reflex save or catch on fire.

Dark Archive

**Bane Afflicted** | Half-Elf | Unchained Rogue 1 | HP 10/10 (5NL) | AC 18 T 14 FF 14 | CMB 0, CMD 14 | F: +1, R: +6, W: 0 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Shortbow +4 (1d6), Melee: Dagger, Rapier, Sickle, Sap | Active conditions: None

So much of this adventure had been unlucky for Teehax.

will save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

Darkness about himself suddenly settled over Teehax. It wasn't luck, it was ineptitude. Teehax had no business being here, but his friends needed him. He glares at the cultists, but why bother. He couldn't help anyway, but he didn't want let his companions down. Instead of looking like a useless dolt, Teehax hefts his bow, but only takes loose aim.

Soo jelly of everyone else rolls :(

gah! these fudging rolls!

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara Stats Druid 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 17 T 12 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Per: +7, SM: +7 | Ranged: Xbow +2 1d8, Melee: Quarterstaff +2 1d6+2

Oops sorry.

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Mogok – the yellow cultist is asleep and bleeding, so I’m going to say you targeted blue instead, since you have a very obstructed shot at red.

Mogok tosses a bomb at the only unscathed acolyte! It injures the man badly, but he manages to pat out the flames before they spread over his robe. Kelevan is unable to locate the source of the mad muttering, so focuses on the leader of the cultists, tripping him with a magical vine!

The bizarre ranting can be heard again, seeming to come from all over the place, as if whoever is doing it is flying amongst the columns of the temple! The cult leader on the floor grits his teeth and groans, and his wounds seem to close! He raises a hand and attempts to cast a spell at Hansee, but the greasy floor and thorny vine, as well as the threat of the vanaran’s thwacking staff, are too much for him and the spell fizzles!

DM Screen:

Reflex to not catch fire, DC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 13 Success
Temp hp: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11
Concentration check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Round 2 Initiative:
Mogok
Mafisadi
Hansee
Kelevan
?
Lead cultist (Red: -3 hp, prone)
Teehax
Acolytes (Yellow: -10 hp, bleeding, asleep; Blue: -5 hp)
Emmylou

Teehax is up! You are no longer stunned, but take a -1 to attack rolls.


DM | Grave Notes | Escaping the Grave

Going to bot Teehax to keep us moving.

Teehax shakes off the effects of the burst of sound and decides to enter the fray rather than shooting into the chaos of melee. He drops his bow to the ground and draws a pair of daggers and advances on the blue-sleeved acolyte.

In other words, you’d be at a -8 to hit any of the targets in the room, due to cover and them being in melee. If you’d rather have different weapons in hand, let me know in your next post.

DM Screen:

Stabilize: 1d20 ⇒ 2

The remaining acolyte attempts to smash Hansee with his Morningstar!

Morningstar vs Hansee: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Round 2/3 Initiative:
Mogok
Mafisadi
Hansee
Kelevan

?
Lead cultist (Red: -3 hp, prone)
Teehax
Acolytes (Yellow: -11 hp, bleeding, asleep; Blue: -5 hp)
Emmylou

Everyone but Teehax is up!

201 to 250 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Khel's Unseen Inclusion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.