DM Brainiac's Ruins of Azlant: Pretty Women and Green Men!

Game Master Brainiac

Battle Maps on Google Slides
Loot Spreadsheet
Partial Map of Zanas-Tahn


3,701 to 3,750 of 3,823 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>

The flight of stairs lead down to a large room. This otherwise round chamber has rectangular alcoves at even intervals, forming a shape reminiscent of a gear. At the center of the chamber stands a grandiose, four-foot high altar shaped like an eye with two cogwheel halves forming the eyelids. Two ten-foot-tall metal rods, each tipped with a silver-hued torus, stand on round platforms on either side of the altar. The rods crackle and hum with electricity.

As you enter the room, a half-dozen skum emerge from the various alcoves! Three wield longspears, while the other two have underwater crossbows. Behind the altar is a skum of unusual size, wielding an enormous crossbow!

Initiative:
Calamity: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Ema: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Simon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Victrix: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Skum: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Calamity and Simon may act before the enemies!

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

Rushing forward to engage one of the archers, Simon studies the skum and stabs with his spear.

Spear,Heroism,Study: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 19
Damage,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9 (and Sickened)

Any idea if there is something that will set off the energy arcing through the rods? Are these rods underwater?

Knowledge(Engineering): 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 10 + (4) = 27
Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + (1) = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24


Yes, everything here is underwater.

Simon quickly notes the ioun circuitry running through the walls and floor to the lightning rods. It seems they are being powered by the generator you activated earlier. He's not certain what purpose they might have once served, but now they are definitely dangerous.

You will take electricity damage if you enter a square adjacent to a rod. Additionally, electricity pulses between the two rods every round at initiative rank 10, damaging any creature between them.

The half-orc swims up to one of the crossbow-wielding skum and stabs it with his spear. Calamity curses one of the spear-men with her evil eye.

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

The wounded skum drops his bow and attacks Simon with teeth and claws. The hexed spearman moves to flank! The other lesser skum attack Victrix, one scoring a glancing blow. The giant skum swims closer and fires a bolt from his huge crossbow that whizzes past Simon!

Claws, Bite, Sickened: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Longspear, Flank, Evil Eye: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Longspears: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 291d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Crit?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2
Crossbow, Into Melee: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Crossbow, Into Melee: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 4 = 14

2 damage to Victrix after DR. Everybody is up!


Rage Rounds: 20/20|DR: 4/-||Female Aasimar (Angelkin) Barbarian (Unchained/Invulnerable Rager)/Fighter (Unbreakable) 9|HP: 56 (72)/85|AC: 22(20)/12/20|Resistances: Fire 2, Acid/Cold/Electric 5|Saves: +10 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+1 Raging, +4 vs. Mind-Affecting) (+2 vs. Evil/Stabilize)|Init: +1|Perc: +11

Having not changed back to her normal form yet, Victrix looks down at the spear that nicked her and rolls her eyes before raising her axe.

Power Attack (Furious Focus, Alter Self): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Power Attack (Alter Self): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Apparently, Victrix's heart just isn't in it this time.

Come on--that barely even scratched me.

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

Of course, by activating the generator we unleashed a fight that nearly killed us and made this encounter more difficult. This temple really wants to punish the curious.

Note for possible future reference, Simon is wearing the ring of minor electrical resistance


Female Human Arcanist (occultist) 9 | hp 54/54 (17 thp) (0 n/l)| AC 12 (16), tac 12, ff 11 (15) | CMB 2; CMD 13 | F +3, R +3, W +4 | Init +1 | Per -2 | Arcane Reservoir (10/15); Consume Spells 4/4 | 1-Lvl 4/6, 2-Lvl 5/6, 3-Lvl-6/6, 4-Lvl 4/4

With the scene before her Ema realized what potential the big metal balls with electricity had in this fight. Ema's eyes flashed brighter than before as she drew on her reservoir and she tore open a gate once more. This one was bigger than most she'd opened and from it appeared a creature of electricity appearing right next to the energized ball. It's form was that of a large bird of prey that quickly shifted to that of a more ball shaped nature with a rumble. Ema called out to it in it's language, "I'm sorry for bringing you here but I thought you'd enjoy using the electricity to help us fight these creatures!"

The nearest of the skum could feel the being's regard from right behind it as an ominous crackling along it's spine. With a krzakk of sound the large elemental lashed out at the skum while pulling lightning from out of the crackling metal ball.
slam 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 331d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (5) = 12
slam 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 321d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (4) = 12
add +3 to hit if the skum has metal weapons/armor. The d6 is electrical damage. I'll let you fill in whatever extra it might get by pulling from the electrified ball.

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

Simon continues his assault on the green skum, missing badly on his first attempt, but managing to recover for the second strike.

Spear,Heroism,Study: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 16
Damage,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 4 = 16 (and Sickened)

Spear,Heroism,Study: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 25
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 = 15 (and Sickened)

Release Studied Strike
Strike: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5) = 12

If green falls, 5-foot step next to red. Otherwise, 5-foot step out of flank behind green (opposite the electrical rod)


Though Victrix misses her foe, Ema's summoned elemental goes to town. It shocks the second crossbowman with two powerful slams, electrocuting the skum to death! Simon finishes off his opponent with his second strike, while Calamity cackles and hexes another skum.

The skum of usual size stab ineffectually with their spears. The skum of unusual size swims behind Simon to flank him and roars with rage! He delivers a vicious backhand that knocks the half-orc away!

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Longspears: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Knockback: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

8 damage to Simon and he is pushed 15 feet away from the big skum (icon moved). Everybody may act!


Rage Rounds: 20/20|DR: 4/-||Female Aasimar (Angelkin) Barbarian (Unchained/Invulnerable Rager)/Fighter (Unbreakable) 9|HP: 56 (72)/85|AC: 22(20)/12/20|Resistances: Fire 2, Acid/Cold/Electric 5|Saves: +10 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+1 Raging, +4 vs. Mind-Affecting) (+2 vs. Evil/Stabilize)|Init: +1|Perc: +11

Victrix takes another couple of swings at the skum still stabbing at her.

Power Attack *Furious Focus, Alter Self*: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
Damage?: 1d12 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

Power Attack *Alter Self*: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage?: 1d12 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

Spinning through the water after the massive hit, it takes Simon a moment to get his bearings.

Wanting to get himself out of the massive creature's charge lane, he begins looking for a tactically advantageous position, until he notices the spellcasters behind him.

Realizing he needs to hold his ground as much as possible, he grits his teeth together, studies the red skum he stopped in front of, and renews his attacks.

Spear,Heroism,Study: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 18
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 = 15 (and Sickened)

Spear,Heroism,Study: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 4 = 12
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12 (and Sickened)


Female Human Arcanist (occultist) 9 | hp 54/54 (17 thp) (0 n/l)| AC 12 (16), tac 12, ff 11 (15) | CMB 2; CMD 13 | F +3, R +3, W +4 | Init +1 | Per -2 | Arcane Reservoir (10/15); Consume Spells 4/4 | 1-Lvl 4/6, 2-Lvl 5/6, 3-Lvl-6/6, 4-Lvl 4/4

swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
The elemental tried to move but found itself unable to make any headway in this water world it was summoned into. It crackled in irritation as it tried to reach the nearby skum.

Ema realized that summoning a lightning elemental down here may not have been the best idea in the world but what was done was done. Ema chanted and gestured as she cast a spell and on release everyone began to move faster than the skum they were fighting.
Cast haste on us, I will get all of us and the elemental. The Skum are vile nasty things though so they don't get any.


Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Simon and Victrix both land good hits on their foes, but neither is able to follow-up and finish their enemies off. Ema hastes the group wihle Calamity tries to hex the big skum, but it resists the worst of it.

The lesser skum attack but are unable to get past your armor. The big one moves in and knocks Simon back with another heavy blow, bellowing with rage.

Bite, Claws, Sickened: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Longspears: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Knockback: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27

8 damage to Simon and he is pushed back 10 feet (token moved). Everybody is up!

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

Drinking an extract of Displacement, Simon's form shifts.

Trusting in his heightened speed, he swims in close to the large skum.

Acrobatics,Heroism: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 2 = 32 (Half movement due to Haste)


Rage Rounds: 20/20|DR: 4/-||Female Aasimar (Angelkin) Barbarian (Unchained/Invulnerable Rager)/Fighter (Unbreakable) 9|HP: 56 (72)/85|AC: 22(20)/12/20|Resistances: Fire 2, Acid/Cold/Electric 5|Saves: +10 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+1 Raging, +4 vs. Mind-Affecting) (+2 vs. Evil/Stabilize)|Init: +1|Perc: +11

With the haste spell speeding her up, Victrix moves closer to the two skum facing her and starts hacking and slashing with her axe!

Power Attack (Hasted, Furious Focus, Alter Self): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Damage?: 1d12 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

Power Attack (Hasted,Alter Self): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Damage?: 1d12 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

Power Attack (Hasted,Alter Self): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Female Human Arcanist (occultist) 9 | hp 54/54 (17 thp) (0 n/l)| AC 12 (16), tac 12, ff 11 (15) | CMB 2; CMD 13 | F +3, R +3, W +4 | Init +1 | Per -2 | Arcane Reservoir (10/15); Consume Spells 4/4 | 1-Lvl 4/6, 2-Lvl 5/6, 3-Lvl-6/6, 4-Lvl 4/4

elemental swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
There was a crackling sound and the elemental suddenly began to move. It charged in at the two creatures fighting Victrix and slammed into nearest one orange.
slam w/charge/haste/flank?: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 291d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (2) = 8

Ema, not to be outdone by her summoned creature, chanted, gestured, and sent a flurry of missiles at the same one the elemental just smashed into.
magic missile: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 3, 2) + 5 = 15


Victrix cuts down one skum with her axe and wounds the next one. Ema and her elemental team up to take down the second skum! The giant skum misses Simon as he swims up to it, while the last spear-wielder succumbs to Calamity's evil eye.

AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The spear-skum swims to flank Simon, scoring a lucky hit. The giant skum assaults the half-orc, but his claws tear through empty air, foiled by the displacement!

Longspear: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Displacement: 1d100 ⇒ 83
Bite, Claws: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 211d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 261d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Displacement: 1d100 ⇒ 101d100 ⇒ 18

6 damage to Simon. Everybody is up!


Rage Rounds: 20/20|DR: 4/-||Female Aasimar (Angelkin) Barbarian (Unchained/Invulnerable Rager)/Fighter (Unbreakable) 9|HP: 56 (72)/85|AC: 22(20)/12/20|Resistances: Fire 2, Acid/Cold/Electric 5|Saves: +10 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+1 Raging, +4 vs. Mind-Affecting) (+2 vs. Evil/Stabilize)|Init: +1|Perc: +11

Victrix starts swimming up to the giant skum...

Swim: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

...and she swings her axe when she gets there.

Power Attack *Hasted, Furious Focus, Alter Self*: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
Damage?: 1d12 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

@GM I just want to confirm the hit as Simon's AC is currently 27 vs Evil

Switching his study target to the giant skum, Simon moves into a flanking position and stabs at it as rapidly as possible.

Spear,Study,Hero,Flank,Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 34
Damage?,Study: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 4 = 27 (and Sickened)

Spear,Study,Hero,Flank,Haste: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 32

Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 = 15 (and Sickened)
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 = 14 (and Sickened)

Spear,Study,Hero,Flank,Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 31
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12 (and Sickened)


Sorry I forgot the +2 against evil, so no hit on Simon.


Female Human Arcanist (occultist) 9 | hp 54/54 (17 thp) (0 n/l)| AC 12 (16), tac 12, ff 11 (15) | CMB 2; CMD 13 | F +3, R +3, W +4 | Init +1 | Per -2 | Arcane Reservoir (10/15); Consume Spells 4/4 | 1-Lvl 4/6, 2-Lvl 5/6, 3-Lvl-6/6, 4-Lvl 4/4

elemental swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
The elemental attempted to move again now that it's targets were dead but found itself struggling due to the restrictions of the water. It crackled at Ema in irritation again but continued it's efforts.

I wonder, can it leap to the big metal balls without needing to make a swim check?

Ema Swim: 1d20 - 2 + 5 ⇒ (3) - 2 + 5 = 6
I swear, remembering these accursed swim checks to move down here is a pain in the butt!
Ema tried to get to the elelmental to help it out but found herself flailing around as much as it was. Finally she hit on an idea though and chanted, gestured, and appeared beside the elemental.
Dim door to appear beside the elemental.


I would allow the elemental to gain a +10 bonus on Swim checks to move to one of the balls, as per its lightning leap ability.

AoO vs Victrix: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Will vs Evil Eye: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Victrix dodges under the giant skum's claws as she moves in and slices into his belly. Simon slices him several times, while Calamity hexes him. Both skum attack Simon, but neither one hits! The giant one moves to avoid being flanked.

Longspear: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Bite, Claws, Gore, Evil Eye, Sickened: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 111d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 231d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 121d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Everybody may act!

Enemy Status:
Glorandal -68


Female Human Arcanist (occultist) 9 | hp 54/54 (17 thp) (0 n/l)| AC 12 (16), tac 12, ff 11 (15) | CMB 2; CMD 13 | F +3, R +3, W +4 | Init +1 | Per -2 | Arcane Reservoir (10/15); Consume Spells 4/4 | 1-Lvl 4/6, 2-Lvl 5/6, 3-Lvl-6/6, 4-Lvl 4/4

Ema cast a spell again as she reached out to touch the elemental and suddenly the two of them appeared over behind the big Skum. The elemental, suddenly with an enemy to attack, lashed out with a pair of strikes at the skum before it pulling energy from the electrode as it did.
slam w/flank: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 = 191d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (2) = 9
slam 2 w/flank: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 2 = 351d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (1) = 9
confirm?: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 = 291d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 5 + (5) = 17
Please add what ever extra from the electrode as you see fit.

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

Simon grins as the skum steps closer to the electric rod, ready to see what type of effect the proximity will generate.

The grin becomes laughter as the elemental appears unexpectedly in a flanking position. Not the effect I was waiting for, but useful

As the skum vibrates from the electrical attack, Simon stabs at it repeatedly.

Spear,Study,Hero,Flank: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 22 (Forgot the +1 for Haste)
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 = 15 (and Sickened)

Spear,Study,Hero,Flank,Haste: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 17
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 = 14 (and Sickened)

Spear,Study,Hero,Flank,Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 27
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13 (and Sickened)

Glad I have so many bonuses, with these rolls...


Rage Rounds: 20/20|DR: 4/-||Female Aasimar (Angelkin) Barbarian (Unchained/Invulnerable Rager)/Fighter (Unbreakable) 9|HP: 56 (72)/85|AC: 22(20)/12/20|Resistances: Fire 2, Acid/Cold/Electric 5|Saves: +10 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+1 Raging, +4 vs. Mind-Affecting) (+2 vs. Evil/Stabilize)|Init: +1|Perc: +11

Victrix powers through the skum's strike and swings her axe again!

Power Attack *Haste, Furious Focus, Alter Self*: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Damage?: 1d12 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Power Attack *Haste, Alter Self*: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Damage?: 1d12 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29

Power Attack *Haste, Alter Self*: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage?: 1d12 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26


The elemental's sudden appearance takes the giant skum by surprise. The creature delivers a powerful slam, shocking the skum and driving him back into Victrix. The aasimar takes advantage of the distraction, chopping up the skum with two mighty swings of her axe! As the skum begins to float limply, Simon swims forward and takes out the last spear-wielder with two stabs of his sword!

In the wake of the battle, you notice that the periodic arcs of electricity between the rods seem to highlight a gap in the round table between the gear-like altar halves. The gap appears to be a node in which an ioun stone can be slotted--circuitry runs down the side of the table and into the temple floor.

The skum have two masterwork underwater light crossbows, three masterwork longspears, 3 oils of cure light wounds, 5 oils of cure moderate wounds, 2 oils of lesser restoration, amulet of natural armor +2, ring of protection +1, ring of resistance +1, mwk manacles, amber necklace (worth 25 gp), and a Large masterwork heavy repeating crossbow.


Rage Rounds: 20/20|DR: 4/-||Female Aasimar (Angelkin) Barbarian (Unchained/Invulnerable Rager)/Fighter (Unbreakable) 9|HP: 56 (72)/85|AC: 22(20)/12/20|Resistances: Fire 2, Acid/Cold/Electric 5|Saves: +10 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+1 Raging, +4 vs. Mind-Affecting) (+2 vs. Evil/Stabilize)|Init: +1|Perc: +11

Dibs on the lesser restoration oils!

Victrix grins and finally shifts back to her normal, angel-blooded form.

"That'll learn the lot of ya!"

She then gathers up the two vials of orange oil.

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

More mysteries! ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Simon looks increasingly frustrated as he slams his spear back into its holder.

Looking every which way, he realizes there are no unexplored rooms left in the temple.

Where are the colonists?!?!

Going around the edges of the room, he begins looking for secret doors.


Simon discovers a section of the floor in one of the alcoves conceals a secret door, but it does not open by any conventional means.


Rage Rounds: 20/20|DR: 4/-||Female Aasimar (Angelkin) Barbarian (Unchained/Invulnerable Rager)/Fighter (Unbreakable) 9|HP: 56 (72)/85|AC: 22(20)/12/20|Resistances: Fire 2, Acid/Cold/Electric 5|Saves: +10 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+1 Raging, +4 vs. Mind-Affecting) (+2 vs. Evil/Stabilize)|Init: +1|Perc: +11

It's around now that Victrix notices the slot in the centre of the room.

She swims over to it. "Huh... think this'll fit?" She mutters to herself as she plucks her ioun stone from its orbit around her head.

She then tries to insert it into the slot.


Inserting the ioun stone in the altar's slot causes a section of the wall to slide shut, sealing off the sanctuary from the entry hall. A moment later, the section of the floor in the alcove slides open, revealing a staircase that leads down...

The passage will remain open as long as the ioun stone is in the slot. Removing it will cause the secret door to close and the passage back to the main temple to open again.

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

Jumping back from the suddenly sliding section of floor that he was examining, Simon looks around and notices Victrix standing by the slot.

Ah! Somehow I forgot that we still had any ioun stones. Good work, Victrix!

He shoots a thumbs-up symbol at her and smiles. Peering down the stairs, he attempts to sense any currents that would indicate motion and then stealthily moves down the stairs.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 18 + (2) = 26
Stealth,Shadow: 1d20 + 18 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 18 + 5 = 27


Swimming down the stairs, Simon finds himself in a vast, columned hall. Bobbing in the water are eight horrible creatures. They might have once been humans, but they have been horribly mutated, body parts replaced by those of various aquatic predators. The creatures haven't noticed Simon yet, but there is no cover once he emerges from the stairwell.

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

Knowledge(Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 11 + (3) = 27

Quietly swimming back up the stairs, Simon gets close to everyone and hopes his voice can carry through the water over a short distance.

"More *bubble* creatures"

He holds up eight fingers and attempts to pass along any meaningful information he knows from examining their anatomy.

When everyone is ready, Simon will draw his spear and sneak back down the stairs.

My armor allows me a full round of actions in a surprise round. I would like to attempt to start the surprise round from the bottom of the stairs.

Displacement and Haste would have worn off by now, but I think Shield is still active. I'll have to go back and check when I activated it last. Probably right before the first skum battle

Stealth,Shadow: 1d20 + 18 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 18 + 5 = 42


Rage Rounds: 20/20|DR: 4/-||Female Aasimar (Angelkin) Barbarian (Unchained/Invulnerable Rager)/Fighter (Unbreakable) 9|HP: 56 (72)/85|AC: 22(20)/12/20|Resistances: Fire 2, Acid/Cold/Electric 5|Saves: +10 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+1 Raging, +4 vs. Mind-Affecting) (+2 vs. Evil/Stabilize)|Init: +1|Perc: +11

Does it sound like they're aberrations from Simon's description?


Yes they are aberrations.


Rage Rounds: 20/20|DR: 4/-||Female Aasimar (Angelkin) Barbarian (Unchained/Invulnerable Rager)/Fighter (Unbreakable) 9|HP: 56 (72)/85|AC: 22(20)/12/20|Resistances: Fire 2, Acid/Cold/Electric 5|Saves: +10 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+1 Raging, +4 vs. Mind-Affecting) (+2 vs. Evil/Stabilize)|Init: +1|Perc: +11

Victrix grimaces, then puts her axe away and draws her new longsword.

"Time to take this for a test run..."


Female Human Arcanist (occultist) 9 | hp 54/54 (17 thp) (0 n/l)| AC 12 (16), tac 12, ff 11 (15) | CMB 2; CMD 13 | F +3, R +3, W +4 | Init +1 | Per -2 | Arcane Reservoir (10/15); Consume Spells 4/4 | 1-Lvl 4/6, 2-Lvl 5/6, 3-Lvl-6/6, 4-Lvl 4/4

Forgot to take off the points for summoning that elemental. That has been corrected.

Picking up from Simon what they were up against Ema knew that preparation would be key. Once more she chanted and gestured and released a spell to speed them all up and made sure to get out of the elemental's way so it could get in there as fast as possible before it's time here ran out.
Cast haste once more and make sure the elemental is before me in the marching order.


The creatures remain oblivious to Simon's presence as he prepares to launch the attack!

Initiative:
Calamity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Ema: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Simon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Victrix: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Enemies: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Simon can take a suprise round, then everybody can take their first round of actions since the monsters lost initiative! Map has been updated.


Rage Rounds: 20/20|DR: 4/-||Female Aasimar (Angelkin) Barbarian (Unchained/Invulnerable Rager)/Fighter (Unbreakable) 9|HP: 56 (72)/85|AC: 22(20)/12/20|Resistances: Fire 2, Acid/Cold/Electric 5|Saves: +10 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+1 Raging, +4 vs. Mind-Affecting) (+2 vs. Evil/Stabilize)|Init: +1|Perc: +11

When my turn comes around...

Victrix looks on in horror when she sees the mutated humans.

Is... is this what happened to the colonists?!

She forces herself to remain calm as she swims over to the nearest one...

Swim: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

...and takes a swing with her longsword.

Power Attack (Furious Focus, Aberration-Bane, Underwater Slashing Weapon): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Damage? (Aberration-Bane, 2-Handed, Underwater): 1d8 + 15 + 2d6 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 15 + (2, 1) - 2 = 19

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

Taking advantage of his blurred form and the accelerated speed granted by Ema's spell, Simon quickly swims behind the pink abberation, studies it and stabs it with his spear.

Spear,Study,Heroism,Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 31 (vs FF)
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12 (and sickened)

As the creature is slow to react, Simon continues his assault. (If Pink falls, I will 5-foot step to purple, study, and continue attacking)

Spear,Study,Heroism,Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 19 (vs FF)
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 4 = 16 (and sickened)

Spear,Study,Heroism,Haste: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 17 (vs FF)
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 = 12 (and sickened)

Spear,Study,Heroism,Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 17 (vs FF)
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11 (and sickened)


Female Human Arcanist (occultist) 9 | hp 54/54 (17 thp) (0 n/l)| AC 12 (16), tac 12, ff 11 (15) | CMB 2; CMD 13 | F +3, R +3, W +4 | Init +1 | Per -2 | Arcane Reservoir (10/15); Consume Spells 4/4 | 1-Lvl 4/6, 2-Lvl 5/6, 3-Lvl-6/6, 4-Lvl 4/4

As they all piled down the stairs Ema looked on and saw what had become of the colonists in horror. It triggered something in her that threatened to overwhelm her mind as a memory began to surface of hordes of these things, or something very much like them. Through her mind then flashed a light and her mind swam with the destruction of the abominations, over, and over, and over as though she'd witnessed the scene many times over. The whole process left her in a daze as she tried to push the images back down.
Ema is in a self imposed daze this round.

The elemental had no such problem as it's summoner and knew enough about what to do to attack anything not her friends. It closed the distance quickly and lashed out at one of the enemies before it.
slam: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 201d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (5) = 11
It will flank if it can but if not it will try to be in a position that some one can shift over and flank next round if possible.


Simon darts through the water to stab one of the creatures. He stabs it several more times, and Ema's elemental swims up to smash it, but it still remains standing. Victrix slices into another of the monsters while Calamity curses one with the evil eye.

The twisted humans attack with teeth and claws. One of them has to maneuver around the columns to get to Simon.

Attacks vs Victrix: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Attacks vs Simon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Attacks vs Elemental: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

31 total damage to Victrix after DR. 13 damage to Simon. 16 total damage to the elemental after DR. Everybody is up!

Enemy Status:
Yelllow -19, Pink -51


Rage Rounds: 20/20|DR: 4/-||Female Aasimar (Angelkin) Barbarian (Unchained/Invulnerable Rager)/Fighter (Unbreakable) 9|HP: 56 (72)/85|AC: 22(20)/12/20|Resistances: Fire 2, Acid/Cold/Electric 5|Saves: +10 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+1 Raging, +4 vs. Mind-Affecting) (+2 vs. Evil/Stabilize)|Init: +1|Perc: +11

Victrix flies into a frenzy and starts hacking at the mutants!

Raging Power Attack (Furious Focus, Hasted, Bane, Underwater): 1d20 + 17 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 17 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 37
Crit?: 1d20 + 17 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 17 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 38
Crit Damage: 2d8 + 36 + 2d6 ⇒ (8, 3) + 36 + (5, 2) = 54

Raging Power Attack (Hasted, Bane, Underwater): 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 1 = 18
Damage...?: 1d8 + 18 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 18 + (2, 6) = 32

Raging Power Attack (Hasted, Bane, Underwater): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17
Damage...?: 1d8 + 18 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 18 + (3, 3) = 29

Though her sword doesn't cut through the water as deftly as her axe, it still carves a bloody swath through anything foolish enough to harm her!

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

Tougher than I expected. Maybe I shouldn't be so far out on the flank.

Taking a 5-foot step closer to the group, Simon continues stabbing Pink.

As he does so, he tries to get Calamity's attention, hoping she has some healing magic left.

"Calamity! A *bubble*ittle help?"

The first hit I get on Pink, I will release Studied Strike. If Pink falls, I will switch study and attacks to Blue

Spear,Study,Heroism,Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 17
Inspiration: 1d6 ⇒ 4 (21 total to hit)

Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 = 9
Strike: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4) = 14

Spear,Study,Heroism,Haste: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 12

Spear,Study,Heroism,Haste: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 28
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 4 = 16 (and Sickened)


Female Human Arcanist (occultist) 9 | hp 54/54 (17 thp) (0 n/l)| AC 12 (16), tac 12, ff 11 (15) | CMB 2; CMD 13 | F +3, R +3, W +4 | Init +1 | Per -2 | Arcane Reservoir (10/15); Consume Spells 4/4 | 1-Lvl 4/6, 2-Lvl 5/6, 3-Lvl-6/6, 4-Lvl 4/4

The elemental crackled angrily as it was struck and lashed out at the one attacker it could flank Simon with and kept smashing it until it stopped moving before changing to a different target.
Targeting dark blue.
slam 1 w/haste/flank: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 311d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (3) = 13
slam 2 w/haste/flank: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 281d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (2) = 9
slam 3 w/haste/flank: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 341d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (1) = 7

Ema, not wanting to be completely useless, cast a spell and sent a quintet of magic missiles lashing out into which ever injured one was most convenient.
Initial target would be Darkblue if it is still standing but I'll retarget to whatever one the elelmental goes after next if it kills the target or an injured one if it doesn't get an attack on a different target after killing Dark Blue.
Magic Missile: 5d5 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4, 4, 3, 2) + 5 = 20


Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 9 = 16

Calamity hurls an enchanted Harrow card through the water to heal Simon. The half-orc misses a few times before finally finishing off his foe with a solid strike. Victrix decapitates one of the mutants with a swift stroke of her sword, then hacks down a second one. Ema's elemental batters another mutant, and the arcanist blasts it with magic missiles. It is seriously wounded but doesn't fall.

The mutants continue their furious assault, dealing a few more injuries.

Attacks vs Victrix: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Attacks vs Simon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 231d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 251d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Attacks vs Elemental: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 251d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Simon heals 16. Victrix takes 5 damage after DR. Simon takes 9 damage. The elemental takes 14 damage after DR. Everybody is up!

Enemy Status:
Dark Blue -49


Rage Rounds: 20/20|DR: 4/-||Female Aasimar (Angelkin) Barbarian (Unchained/Invulnerable Rager)/Fighter (Unbreakable) 9|HP: 56 (72)/85|AC: 22(20)/12/20|Resistances: Fire 2, Acid/Cold/Electric 5|Saves: +10 Fort, +4 Ref, +2 Will (+1 Raging, +4 vs. Mind-Affecting) (+2 vs. Evil/Stabilize)|Init: +1|Perc: +11

Victrix flinches, growls and lays into the last one on her.

Raging Power Attack (Furious Focus, Hasted, Bane, Underwater): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
Damage?: 1d8 + 18 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 18 + (6, 4) = 32

Raging Power Attack (Hasted, Bane, Underwater): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Damage?: 1d8 + 18 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 18 + (4, 5) = 34

Raging Power Attack (Hasted, Bane, Underwater): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Damage?: 1d8 + 18 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 18 + (4, 3) = 32

Also, I keep forgetting this every time I rage, but thanks to my Regenerative Stance rage power I gain 2 temporary HP back every round. Can't get more than 16 temp HP back from this, though.

Scarab Sages

Male Half-Orc Investigator (Empiricist) 9 | HP 64/64 | AC 15(21)(+2 vs Evil) T 12(10) FF 13(20) | Fort +6(8) Ref +8(10)(+2 vs. Traps) Will +6(8) (+2 vs. Illusion) (+2 vs Evil)| CMB +8(12) CMD 20(23) | Init +2 Perc +16(18) (+2 Hidden, +6 Traps) | Effects: Sh,Bark,Hero,Enl. | Insp 8/8 |
Extracts:
1- CLWx2, Shieldx2, Enlarge, Identify; 2 - Invisibility, Barkskin, CMW, Resist Energyx2; 3 - Elemental Aura, Disp., Heroismx2

Gah! I'm even more surrounded

Trying to get in between pillars to avoid flanks, Simon 5-foot steps behind Lt. Blue, studies it, and begins stabbing.

Spear,Study,Heroism,Haste,Flank: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 32
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 4 = 10 (and Sickened)

Spear,Study,Heroism,Haste,Flank: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 29
Damge?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 4 = 15 (and Sickened)

Spear,Study,Heroism,Haste,Flank: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 25
Damage?,Study: 1d8 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 = 13 (and Sickened)

Release Studied Strike
Strike: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 2) = 10


Female Human Arcanist (occultist) 9 | hp 54/54 (17 thp) (0 n/l)| AC 12 (16), tac 12, ff 11 (15) | CMB 2; CMD 13 | F +3, R +3, W +4 | Init +1 | Per -2 | Arcane Reservoir (10/15); Consume Spells 4/4 | 1-Lvl 4/6, 2-Lvl 5/6, 3-Lvl-6/6, 4-Lvl 4/4

Ema cast another spell, another flurry of missiles lashing out to slam into her target.
magic missile: 5d5 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3, 5, 5, 3) + 5 = 26
Ema will target Dark Blue.

The elemental knew it was easier to hit a distracted foe and swung it's "arms" at the creature between itself and Simon.
slam 1: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 1 = 291d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (4) = 12
slam 2: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 1 = 231d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (6) = 13
slam 3: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 = 301d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + (3) = 14


Three more of the mutants fall to your brutal assault. Calamity hexes one of the two survivors, so that both are suffering from her evil eye. They bite and claw at Simon ineffectually!

Attacks vs Simon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Everybody is up!

3,701 to 3,750 of 3,823 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Ruins of Azlant: Pretty Women and Green Men Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.