Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


15,051 to 15,100 of 17,396 << first < prev | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | next > last >>

Renkar nods

“That sounds fitting. Let me know when the service will be”

He sizes up Justin

“So ... how much did your travel arrangements cost me?”


Female catfolk sorceror 11
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Igh Merle’s update disappeared. .. one sec

Merle splits from the party and heads through the Great Bazaar towards the Forest District. She makes it to the Waterhole Inn without issue. The feline-centric establishment is crowded with every type of felinoid the multiverse can offer. Merle nods to a few she recognizes slightly, and asks after Skrint at the bar. The tabby cat folk Tom pouring rrrawewl into dishes for a few tipsy tabaxi nods to her

“Yeh, I think he’s up in his room. Been coming in late these past few nights”

"Oh good do you mind if I go up to see him?"


Bribes always welcome

The fat Tom shrugs

“Suit yer self “


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar turns to Justin, "On my world one of my allies was a Necromancer, heh, the Cleric of the Gods of Light kept slaying his minions once their use in combat expired. They were not good friends".

"Renkar, I could use a mighty weapon for my exploits but I fear the cost in coin would be too high so I did not request it of our contact. Perhaps one day I will kill a foe with such a weapon and claim it for my own, a more satisfying result than picking it from a wall!"


Bribes always welcome

Sophie sighs, looking about. Nothing in the room is the least bit valuable, and 24 hours is a long time to be a target. She wonders how the Great Bazaar might be persuaded to give up some gold...


Renkar smiles at Hamar

“There is always a weapon to be found in the pathways of the Wheel. “

He turns to the party

“You can entrust me with the loot, and I can liquidate it within 24 hours. Or, if you wish to do things yourself, there are various shops in the Lower Ward that specialize in antiquities and magic. I can point you to the most reputable “


Female catfolk sorceror 11
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

The fat Tom shrugs

“Suit yer self “

Merle gives a nod then heads up to his room giving a knock on the door.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Renkar Sha'Hagmid wrote:

He sizes up Justin

“So ... how much did your travel arrangements cost me?”

"Probably less than you were afraid of, and definitely more than you were hoping." Justin replies cheerfully.

"I left the bad, I mean GOOD news with Hanali,..." Justin adds , chucking a thumb over his shoulder.

"We were also offered some VERY good deals, in my opinion, on some useful magic items to aid us in our travels, but we were smart enough not to add those onto our travel costs. Although We may be buying them out of our personal funds. Speaking of which, do you have a trustworthy reseller we can use to sell most the items we brought back with us from Ranais and the Negative Plane? I'd love to not waste our limited prep time traipsing all over Sigil trying to sell individual items, and hoping we don't get swindled." Justin chatters cheerfully.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Renkar Sha'Hagmid wrote:

Renkar smiles at Hamar

“There is always a weapon to be found in the pathways of the Wheel. “

He turns to the party

“You can entrust me with the loot, and I can liquidate it within 24 hours. Or, if you wish to do things yourself, there are various shops in the Lower Ward that specialize in antiquities and magic. I can point you to the most reputable “

Justin grins.

"Your the best boss,... boss."
Justin shrugs. That sounded cleverer in his head,...

"We just need to sit still long enough to actually divvy it up, and we'll get the rest to you for 'processing'. I trust your contacts and appraisal skills more than I would mine. At least on MOST of this stuff. Ancient Ranaiian artifacts are a little out of my realm of expertise. But I'm sure SOMEone out there will love to get their hands on them."


Bribes always welcome

Renkar nods

“Just let me know”


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar puts the ring back on once more, he frowns, "Wizard, are you sure this ring is safe? I feel, unsettled... as I wear it".


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Hamar of the Hyena Tribe wrote:
Hamar puts the ring back on once more, he frowns, "Wizard, are you sure this ring is safe? I feel, unsettled... as I wear it".

"Yep. Sure. Absolutely."

Justin gives an almost imperceptible shrug of his shoulders.

"Pretty sure. Almost positive. You,.. um,... You're not allergic to anything are you,...?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

"Well if at any time you feel the urge to murder us all maybe take the ring off and see if that changes your mind first. Also beware of ringwraiths I guess. You humans are kind of weak willed sadly," Karrin says as she stuffs a handful of her never ending rations into her mouth, "M'bsotuly mo mipulse conmrol"


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

Blayze fails to stifle a laugh at Karrin commenting on impulse control.


Bribes always welcome

OK to push things along, I’m going to say you convert everything to the prices I had quoted before. Please divvy it up as you see fit

Meanwhile, Merle goes up the stairs and knocks on Skrint’s door. A sleep-mumbled voice calls out

“Who’s There?”


Female catfolk sorceror 11
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

OK to push things along, I’m going to say you convert everything to the prices I had quoted before. Please divvy it up as you see fit

Meanwhile, Merle goes up the stairs and knocks on Skrint’s door. A sleep-mumbled voice calls out

“Who’s There?”

"It's Merle I'm just back in town and thought I'd visit but if youre to tired I could come back later"


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar nods at Karrin's sage-like pronouncement, "Sadly you are correct Karrin Kind, I have seen the madness overtake members of my Tribe. I will do my best to remove the ring if I get murderous feelings towards you all. If I murder you all, I apologize ahead of time as I like some of you. Others of you I do not know so I am not sure if I like you. I am not sure if liking anyone has any meaning but my old friends seemed to indicate that stating such made them feel better. I suppose having had a stable food source and a building to protect them allowed them to feel things other than hot or cold or tired or sexually ravenous. Feelings other than these were denied me in the Shaar, a luxury, if that is the right word I did not have. Perhaps now I will have time to think about feeling things..."

Hamar pauses considering how long he spoke and how much of it was pure nonsense he continues a grim look on his face, "I think I have been spending too much time with you all..."


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

"Well, not so sure about the sexually ravenous stuff but usually a nice big society does tend to free folks up from immediate worries and allow them to focus on higher needs and desires like cake and fashion."


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Hamar of the Hyena Tribe wrote:


Hamar pauses considering how long he spoke and how much of it was pure nonsense he continues a grim look on his face, "I think I have been spending too much time with you all..."

Justin smiles at the muscular, sword-wielding barbarian, and claps the large warrior on the shoulder.

"Entirely possible. Yes." He smiles.

Karrin Kind wrote:
"Well, not so sure about the sexually ravenous stuff but usually a nice big society does tend to free folks up from immediate worries and allow them to focus on higher needs and desires like cake and fashion."

Justin just,... nods.

"Two very important things that advanced society has provided for us." He agrees sagely.

It is difficult to tell if the small beads of sweat on Justin's brow are from his walking around Sigil most of the day, or from the currently herculean effort of not smiling or commenting on Karrin's 'impulse control' comment,...


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

OK to push things along, I’m going to say you convert everything to the prices I had quoted before. Please divvy it up as you see fit

Meanwhile, Merle goes up the stairs and knocks on Skrint’s door. A sleep-mumbled voice calls out

“Who’s There?”

"It's Merle I'm just back in town and thought I'd visit but if youre to tired I could come back later"

Skrint opens the door, his fur sleep-mussed

“Come in! You’re back from your adventure! I want to hear all about it”


Renkar takes the items the party wishes to sell, and heads off to a back room. He returns with several bags of money and a folded and stamped letter of credit

“I have some reserves at my disposal, so I’ll give you the money out of that now, so you’ll have time to use it. “

If anyone feels dedicated, they can tally the amount up (one half is a letter of credit from the Temple of Abadar, the other half split into equal shares in mithril pieces). If no one wants to do the arithmetic I’ll get to it soonish


Female catfolk sorceror 11
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Merle Barer wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

OK to push things along, I’m going to say you convert everything to the prices I had quoted before. Please divvy it up as you see fit

Meanwhile, Merle goes up the stairs and knocks on Skrint’s door. A sleep-mumbled voice calls out

“Who’s There?”

"It's Merle I'm just back in town and thought I'd visit but if youre to tired I could come back later"

Skrint opens the door, his fur sleep-mussed

“Come in! You’re back from your adventure! I want to hear all about it”

"Sure thing." Steps on in then begins to tekk Skrint about everything thats happend since they last spoke.


Bribes always welcome

Skrint and Merle have a lovely peak catching up. He has been taking jobs guiding adventurers to Krigala, and just got back a peak ago.

“Oh , before I forget. I had this odd berk quiz me about yer group about six peaks ago. I didn’t like his smell, it wasn’t undead, but he smelled... sick. Like terminal cancer sick. I didn’t tell him n’owt, but yeh lot should watch yer backs”


Female catfolk sorceror 11

"Thanks for the warning. Dont suppose you have any ideawhere he came from or went?"

desrption of the smell seem familiar to Merle?


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin thanks Renkar enthusiastically, and sits at a table, immediately beginning the 'chore' of divvying up the kept items and coins into piles.

The neat stacks of coins indicate that despite his usual slightly disheveled appearance, Justin might be JUST a teensy bit OCD about some things,... Or he just really likes neat piles,... who knows?

(In actuality, it has been so long since Justin had any coins of his own, that he is excited at the possibility of actually BUYING some of the supplies and items that he has been looking forward to.)

Justin chats amiably, and consistently, as he works to Memnon, or whomever is listening. (Since Memnon seems to be more interested in gazing at the female members of the party than counting coins)


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:

"Thanks for the warning. Dont suppose you have any ideawhere he came from or went?"

desrption of the smell seem familiar to Merle?

A sick smell is often felinoid shorthand for abberaton-blooded creatures

Skrint shrugs

“I tried tracking him after he left, but he lost me in the crowd. I suspect he used magic of some kind”


Bribes always welcome

OK. if no one else has anything I’ll head to the funeral scene after Christmas


Female catfolk sorceror 11
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Merle Barer wrote:

"Thanks for the warning. Dont suppose you have any ideawhere he came from or went?"

desrption of the smell seem familiar to Merle?

A sick smell is often felinoid shorthand for abberaton-blooded creatures

Skrint shrugs

“I tried tracking him after he left, but he lost me in the crowd. I suspect he used magic of some kind”

"Well thanks again for the warning."

Once they finish having there discusions Merle begins to make her way back to the copper cauldron but keeping an eye out for anyone that matches Skrint's description.


Bribes always welcome

A pile of magical arrows sits aside, their rune-graven adamantine and mithril arrow heads twinkling in the candlelight


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin's gaze keeps sliding over towards the lonely bundle of arrows.

"Huh. Memnon, the enchantment on magical arrows is on the arrowheads, right? Not the shafts. And simple fire doesn't erase permanent enchantments,...SO,... it ought to be possible,... Hey Boss!" Justin calls over his shoulder, not waiting for the floating skull to respond.

"Do you know a good smith? One who could melt down these arrowheads into bullets and still maintain the integrity of the enchantment? Cuz if so, I think we just found a better use for these than selling them. Presuming Blayze likes enchanted bullets of course!" Justin grins, obviously pleased with himself.

Thank you for the suggestion Pat! And MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, and thank you all for letting me play with you my online friends! :)


Memnon bobs in his approximation of a nod

“In the Gear Run district there’s a neighborhood of gunsmithies. I can show you where”


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

"Of course there is. You really CAN find anything in Sigil!" Justin says with a tiny smirk, not nearly as surprised at this kind of discovery as he used to be,...


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

"Now that sounds likes a damn good idea." Blayze says, clearly intrigued by the idea.


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

"Oh! Maybe I should get a gun! They look really flashy" Karrin says, clearly imagining herself with an iron on her hip, "That would totally make me look way more sophisticated and stuff. I mean having a gun would make it clear that I'm not overcompensating for anything with this ax right?"


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar watches his allies discuss the he outcome of the magical ammunition without comment.


“Well, you have money, go forth and spend some!”

Renkar makes a good-natured shooing motion

Wanna go shopping?


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

"Definitely interested in finding these gunsmithies." Blayze says with a grin.


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2

Sophie's eyes light up at the suggestion of specialty ammunition. Although this thought of sharing it with another gun wielder does dampen the excitement a little.

Just tell me how much (if any) Spohie get's from the cut. I'm guessing that it will all go to paying off her debt anyway, but it'll be good to keep a tally.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Renkar Sha'Hagmid wrote:

“Well, you have money, go forth and spend some!”

Renkar makes a good-natured shooing motion

Wanna go shopping?

Justin looks at Renkar, then at Karrin, then back to Renkar.

The wizard blinks, then grins like a kid in a candy shop.

"You heard the man! What are you waiting for? Mid-Winter's feast? You JUST missed it! MOVE IT people!" Justin grins as he playfully shoos a couple of his companions towards the door.

"Come along Memnon! I have a few things I want to pick up that YOU will approve of. I think." Justin waves at the floating skull to hurry up.


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar nods, "Yes, Hamar knows now with his moneys what he will acquire. Is all that can be imagined available in this place?"


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin nods emphatically.

"What they say IS true in this case. If you cant find it in Sigil, you cant find it anywhere!"


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2
Justin Case wrote:

Justin nods emphatically.

"What they say IS true in this case. If you cant find it in Sigil, you cant find it anywhere!"

"I do hope that does not apply to peace and quiet."


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

"Yeah, don't count on finding that on the street though"


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin taps his nose with a forefinger, and points at Karrin.

"On the nose Karrin. I think the saying should be more along the lines of,...'You can find anything in Sigil. But that doesn't mean we'll make it EASY for you to find!', But maybe that's just me?"


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2

"I'm just happy not to be found in Sigil at the moment..." Sophie mumbles under her breath.

"Will it be necessary for me to accompany you all to the market? I currently have no funds available, and I'd rather not be noticed around that area of the city at this time if at all possible."


Male Shadow Drake

A small reptilian head casually pokes it's head out from what appears to be Sophie's shoulder, has a look around, and noticing no food gives a disgruntled sounding high pitched growl.

Sophie reaches up and scratches under his neck, whispering "Soon,", and he tilts his head to accept the scratch. When she is done, he gives a loud screech, and then his head languidly disappears back into her shoulder as if nothing out of the ordinary happened.


Sorry for the delay folks..

The party heads out into Copperman's Way and off to the Great bazaar. The giant souk has a little bit of everything, and the party spends a few hours picking up any basics that they need before heading out for more specific items

Any normal items you can find here at regular price, and by normal I mean non-magical

They head out into the rainy streets to try and find Blayze's Pistol first.

They head back to Copperman's Way, as traveling through the Clerks Ward would mean they'd have to go through the Hive, and that's an easy way to bollix up a perfectly good shopping expedition. They travel quickly through the Lady's Ward, passing the Noble's District and the Court District without incident.

The Temple District is jammed with priests and parishoners, mendicants and monks. They sidestep a raucous festival that seems to involve frogs and juggling swords.

Entering the Lower Ward, they travel along the long sodden sybaritic boulevard known as alehouse Row. Even in mid Peak the jam-packed taverns cater to a druken horde.

Gear Run angles off by the Great Foundry, the specialized shops proclaiming wares of a clockwork variety. Memnon zips down a side street and calls out

"We're here!"

Various shops with names like Flasbang Forge and Thy father's Gun line the quiet street. A few rugged looking cutters with holsters like Blayze's peer in the shop windows.

Give me a Perception check


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Quote:
Memnon zips down a side street and calls out, "We're here!"

Justin skids to a stop, his longs legs having already started to pass the street in question.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Justin calls after the zipping crystal skull.

"Crazy Cue Ball's gonna end up in somebody's china shop display,... as a paperweight!" Justin mutters as he hurries to catch the fleet Mimir.

Per: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Bribes always welcome

One of the windows in a shop has a gun similar to the one Blayze had described. The shop is called, Mystical Muskets.


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar while focused on his shopping, he is still wide eyed at the sheer size of this city and its myriad number of inhabitants.

As the group approaches the street, Hamar looks about.

Perception 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33

15,051 to 15,100 of 17,396 << first < prev | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.