Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


15,151 to 15,200 of 15,253 << first < prev | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | next > last >>

female human wight fighter (armor master) 8
Patrick Curtin wrote:
The creature is running away from your party, would you like to attempt to chase it?

Absolutely


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 3 | HP=56/99 | AC=21 (Variable) | Init. +5 | F +8 | Ref +14 | Will +7 | Per +17 (Darkvision)
Hamar of the Hyena Tribe wrote:

As the creature seeks to flee, Hamar will activate hi Boots of Speed as a Free Action giving him a Movement of 85'. I suspect I'll catch him relatively quickly. Assuming this is the case I will attempt to trip the creature.

Trip Attack - 1d20+11 uh yeah that's a miss...

Note that I should likely be ahead of him as I was rocking an 85' speed...


Bribes always welcome

Ah, thank you for the bump

Alessia runs towards the fleeing creature a double move should catch you up. Hamar launchesinto a blinding sprint, passing the creature and planting himself in its way. He attempts to trip it, but gauges the move wrong with his increased speed and doesn’t succeed

Ok. Hamar is now standing between the creature and the sewer hole. Alessia is hot on its heels, and Blayze just chunked it. Everyone else, if you posted a few months ago, I’m going to ask your forgiveness and please bump your action. I’m working on a small screen


Bribes always welcome

Initiative

Creature 21 (atk Hamar)
Sophi 19 (holding)
Justin 18 (force bolt)
Alessia 16 (double move)
Hamar 13 (double move)
Karrin (pending-double move to get in range)
Merle (pending-double move to get in range)
Nari (pending-double move to get in range)
Blayze (took shot-hit)

Things are a bit messy because of my absence, but I’m going to rule the creature held his action and moved, but Hamar beat him to the hole, so now he’s going to get one attack

Justin’s force bolt strikes true. The creature runs full tilt for the open sewer grate, but finds Hamar in its path. It raises one of its sword hands and stabs at Hamar with blinding speed

hit: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (15) + 33 = 48
dam: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Hamar can see the obsidian-colored chitinous arm blade is coated with a bilious yellow fluid
acid: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

18 points overall


Bribes always welcome

IOh I just saw Merle is hasting people. Let me know who got it


Human Wiz 10

I THINK that almost everyone was still in range when she cast Haste?

Wait, not Sophi, she was in the ally already, and not Blayze, who was in the store. Everyone ELSE was in range. :)


Human Wiz 10

Justin, who was watching the mini-drama unfold with the smirk of one who knows the plot, sees the results of the creature's attack on Hamar.

Justin stops smirking.

"I keep thinking they want to TALK." He mutters to himself. "That must just be ME."

"It's not playing around! Kid gloves are OFF people!" Justin shouts to the others, mentally kicking himself repeatedly.

"Stupid, stupid, STOOPID! Cast first, ask questions later!" He growls low, barely loud enough that those nearby to hear.
(Merle, Seph and their new Cleric friend for sure.) :)


Bribes always welcome

Mel swears and makes a clenching motion with his fist. A gleaming hammer appears, floating in the air. It zips off towards the creature, Mel in hot persuit


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 3 | HP=56/99 | AC=21 (Variable) | Init. +5 | F +8 | Ref +14 | Will +7 | Per +17 (Darkvision)

So is Karrin up next?


female Tiefling 10th level Duskblade

Karrin will take a double move to get into attack range.

Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
Damage: 1d12 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 8 + (1) = 16


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 10

Nari's eyes glow green as she tries to stop the fleeing creature with thought.

Using telekinetic maneuver to attempt to trip the creature. 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


Bribes always welcome

The creature’s legs tangles and it falls prone. Mel’s spiritual hammer falls upon it

atk: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
dam: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The hammer almost misses, but the creature’s fall makes it an easier target and the glowing weapon scores a hit


Bribes always welcome
Karrin Kind wrote:

Karrin will take a double move to get into attack range.

[dice=Attack]1d20+16
[dice=Damage]1d12+8+1d6

Karrin’s sluce cuts the monster deeply


Human Wiz 10

Justin smirks a little as the creature tumbles when telekinetically pushed. And is injured twice almost before it hits the ground.

Justin starts running, his magically-speed-enhanced legs bringing him to the alley so fast he almost doesn't stop in time. But the wizard manages to slow to a stop before hitting the side of the building framing the alley.

"Don't kill him! Subdue him! We need information!" Justin calls to the others in the alleyway, surrounding the creature.

The wizard glares at the,... whateveritis,... with a stone cold look.

"I'm tired of running around with a bull-eye on my b#%%. It's time for some straight answers." He snarls in a low voice.


Bribes always welcome

The creature stands up, its body bending in disturbing ways as it almost flows up from the ground. It holds its blade arms at the ready. The wounds it suffered seem to visibly seal together somewhat. Its chitinous black exoskeleton seems to ripple and shift. Small pseudopods emerge from various points, waving in the rain. An odd pattern of colored dots race along the chitin, fading back to glossy black in an instant. It stares at Justin

“We want the rod. Give it to us”

its act of standing gives those applicable an attack of Opportunity against it if you wish. It does have an attack action left for its turn if you attack it. It’s your go


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

“We want the rod. Give it to us”

its act of standing gives those applicable an attack of Opportunity against it if you wish. It does have an attack action left for its turn if you attack it. It’s your go

Alessia lets out a very dusty sigh, her narrow shoulders sagging into a slump. Then, as the creature begins to stand, she springs forward, much faster than anyone wearing that much armor should be able to move. With a single practiced motion, she slams her mirrored shield into the insectile thing's head and torso, following with a crushing blow of her blackened sword.

Improved shield bash: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 + energy drain
+2 keen furyborn bastard sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 + energy drain


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8

Not as good as the rolls that ended up not getting used back on the last page, but could be worse...


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8

As she attempts to turn the creature into a fine paste, Alessia speaks softly to herself.

"Ah... it does not observe the rules of civility and decent behavior. It makes demands. How adorable... But it must learn its proper place."


Bribes always welcome

Im sorry about the previous rolls. Things are a bit scattered which is my fault. Mea culpa

Alessia slams into the chitinous creature, and draws a spray of Ichor from her sword. She feels life energy flowing into her, but it feels ... tainted

According to what I can see that’s 10 extra hp awarded to you, no ST for the creature. The tainted bit is just flavor text


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/1

Sophie peels herself off the wall and curses at the others crowded around the creature. Shrugging her shoulders, and not to be outdone by Blayze, she raises Sophie's Choice again and fires it at the strange being, pointedly ignoring Justin's cries to subdue it.

Sophie's Choice: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 4 = 22 Targets Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7 Ignores 5 points of DR if he is an Outsider (although I think Blayze's gun means that everyone ignores it anyway)


Male Shadow Drake

Erebus screeches at the thing that tried to hurt his mistress and breathes a ball of murky black liquid at it. Like Sophie, he doesn't seem concerned with collateral damage as the ball splatters when it hits, becoming a cloud of frigid black mist.

Stygian Breath: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Cold Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
Reflex DC 12 half (CON based save) to all creatures within a 5-foot-radius spread. The mist snuffs out light sources in the area effect, extinguishing non-magical light sources and dispelling light spells of 1st level or lower.
Cooldown: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Human Wiz 10

Justin makes an "EW!" face as the creature starts to stand back up, bending in ways that would, or at least should, make any standard humanoid uncomfortable.

Creature wrote:
“We want the rod. Give it to us”

Justin raises an eyebrow. Cupping his hands up in front of his face, he peers into and consults what is apparently an invisible crystal ball. He gives the nonexistent sphere a shake and peers at it again.

"Um,... Let me see here. Ah, yeah, 'Question unclear', Um, 'Reply hazy', I'm gonna have to say 'NO' on that one. Sorry. Try again tomorrow."
Justin chucks the nonexistent ball over his shoulder.

"Now, Who is 'we', and why do you want it?" Justin asks bluntly.

Well, he started to ask. What Justin managed to get out was "Now, Who,.."
Before Alessia, Sophie and Sophie's little dragonkin batter, blast and breath weapon the critter like a well-oiled machine of destruction.

Justin throws his arms up in the air.

"Oh fertheluvuv,.... WHAT part of SUBDUE was unclear?!?" The wizard asks the murky sky above him.

"It's going to be extremely difficult to get answers out of a pile gooey insectoid parts. Unless one of you has a 'Speak with Shattered Chitin' spell?" Justin says petulantly, hands on hips, giving the group a stern look.

He closely resembles a parent berating a child for spilling the cream.

And yes, later he figures out that was likely far more amusing than intimidating.

With a sigh, Justin plucks a bit of magical goo from a vest pocket. He forms the spell in his mind, and casually tosses the bit at the creature with a chant of "Veritas, Sphericus, Forzare!!"

The bit turns into a glimmer of light, which zips towards the creature, spreading out as it flies. As it reaches the creature it forms a sphere, attempting to trap it within.

On his next turn (provided the critter is still alive) :) Justin casts Resilient sphere on the thing. A Reflex save vs DC:20 prevents it from being captured in the sphere.


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8

In a slightly more audible voice than before, Alessia appears to answer Mr. Case.

"Subdue... Synonym for conquer, destroy, crush... You were saying?"


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 3 | HP=56/99 | AC=21 (Variable) | Init. +5 | F +8 | Ref +14 | Will +7 | Per +17 (Darkvision)

Hamar attempts to sunder one the blade arms but otherwise holds back from full out attacking the creature.

Sunder - CMB 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Hold my actions for the round to keep it from trying to get past me to escape.


female Tiefling 10th level Duskblade

Karrin will take an AoO, using her improved unarmed strike, to deal nonlethal damage.

Mitt B*tch Slap: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Nonlethal damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Sit back down" Karrin snarls, slightly annoyed that this jerk not only tried to interrupt Karrin's shopping adventure, but also that he was trying to hurt her friend Justin.


Human Wiz 10
Alessia of Keoland wrote:

In a slightly more audible voice than before, Alessia appears to answer Mr. Case.

"Subdue... Synonym for conquer, destroy, crush... You were saying?"

Justin pinches the bridge of his nose, eyes closed tightly. He then waves his hand in vaguely the direction of Alessia, eyes still closed.

"Yes, well, your not WRONG, exactly. But we need to get on the same page of the dictionary. Or at least the same dictionary." Justin murmurs in a strained voice.


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/1

I didn’t even think about it before. Should I be making a seperate Initiative Roll for Erebus, or would he just go off mine?


Bribes always welcome

Initiative

Creature 21 (atk Hamar)
Sophi /Erebus 19 (hit) (Stygian breath)
Justin 18 (force bolt)
Alessia 16 (bash/slice))
Hamar 13 (AaO-sunder)-Do you have improved sunder?
Karrin (hit AAO non-lethal )
Merle (pending-double move to get in range)
Nari (psychic trip)
Blayze (took shot-hit)

as Hamar smashes the creatures blade, it wheels and drives its other arm towards him

1d20 + 33 ⇒ (8) + 33 = 41

The ebony spike drives into Hamar, yellow Ichor smoking from the blade

1d8 + 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (4) + (2, 3) + 11 = 20

For now Sophi lets keep it simple and share initiative. Does the breath weapon affect everyone crowded around the creature? It’s close quarters right now


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/1
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
For now Sophi lets keep it simple and share initiative. Does the breath weapon affect everyone crowded around the creature? It’s close quarters right now

Yeah everything in a 5” radius, so probably Hamar, Karin and Alessia (I think they’re the only three in close combat). They’ll all take the cold damage (save for half).

https://imgflip.com/i/28aazi


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 3 | HP=56/99 | AC=21 (Variable) | Init. +5 | F +8 | Ref +14 | Will +7 | Per +17 (Darkvision)

Reflex save 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

No improved sunder here!

As Hamar gets hit again by the damned thing, he loses his cool...just as a blast of cool air strikes at him. The Barbarian, used to cold environs rolls away before any true harm is done, Evasion and rolls back in to strike this fiend.

Rage and Attack - Keen Planar Scimitar Attack #1 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17 - Damage 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
Keen Vorpal Scimitar Attack #2 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 2 = 27 - Damage 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
Keen Planar Scimitar Attack #3 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17 - Damage 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
Keen Vorpal Scimitar Attack #4 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11 - Damage 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12

Rage -2 AC - +4 Strength & Constitution


Female catfolk sorceror 10

Merle rushes to catch up with the rest of the group

(Just doing a double move)


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8
Alessia of Keoland wrote:
[dice="Reflex]1d20+4

If half damage from the attack is 5, then Alessia's lovely DR 6/- soaks all of it.


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 8

A sly grin plays across Blayze's lips as she strides across the distance holding a gun in each hand.


Bribes always welcome

Sophi casts and a breath of freezing cold washes over the fight, freezing the creature and the dirty puddles under its feet. A few of the combatants feel a chill, but Alessia shrugs it off


Bribes always welcome

Apolgies for my two week absence. See discussion thread for more details


Bribes always welcome

Hamar dodges the cold and brings his swords in for the attack. He has mixed results, but he does score a slight hit


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Bribes always welcome

Merle and Blaze rush towards the action

Blayze I’ll double move you as well


Human Wiz 10

Justin raises an eyebrow at seeing the effects, or rather lack of effect, of the various attacks on the creature.

"Tough little cockroach, isn't he?" Justin murmurs to Mel.


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 3 | HP=56/99 | AC=21 (Variable) | Init. +5 | F +8 | Ref +14 | Will +7 | Per +17 (Darkvision)

Hamar snarls and readies for another attack, his blood now up in pain and frustration...


female Tiefling 10th level Duskblade

Karrin turns her axe to the side to smash the monster with the flat of her axe:
1st nonlethal attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
nonlethal damage: 1d12 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 8 + (4) = 21
2nd nonlethal attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
nonlethal damage: 1d12 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + (5) = 19

"I said, sit your A55 down!"


Bribes always welcome

The flat of Karrin’s blade seems to be causing it some distress. All of a sudden the creature keens loudly, a piercing wail that causes the group to grimace

No damage, just flavor


Bribes always welcome

Back to the top of the round

Initiative

Creature 21 (howling)
Sophi /Erebus 19
Justin 18
Alessia 16
Hamar 13 (preventing escape)
Karrin
Merle
Nari
Blayze

The party circle the chitinous creature as it howls in a pitched keening voice. Those who know the dark tongue of Aklo begin to discern words mixed in the high-pitched wail

Aklo:

Spoiler:
Come brother! Come from the depths! The nest requires your aid! I call upon thee, Glubshuggeroth, Dweller in filth, Lord of the Sewers, Beast of a Thousand Eyes! Arise and heed my command!

Perception DC15:

Spoiler:
The ground seems to be vibrating slightly

Action posts if you please


Human Wiz 10

No Aklo here, yet,... :)

"Hey, HEY! Speak COMMON if you want to surrender you over-sized arthropod! Otherwise we're just going to assume that your insulting our parental lineage and continue to whack on your thick shell!" Justin calmly calls over the shoulders of the others surrounding the creature.

PER Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Justin's eyes widen, and he holds out his arms, as if keeping his balance. His eyes shift back and forth, but he is looking at the ground, not the insectoid combatant.

"Ooooh,... THAT can't be good." He mutters.

"Oh NO you don't! That'll be enough of that. Whatever your doing." Justin cries, a little less calmly than a moment ago.

Justin plucks a bit of magical goo from a vest pocket. He forms the spell in his mind, and tosses the bit at the creature with a chant of "Veritas, Sphericus, Forzare!!"

The bit turns into a glimmer of light, which zips towards the creature, spreading out as it flies. As it reaches the creature it forms a sphere, attempting to trap it within.

Justin casts Resilient sphere on the thing. A Reflex save vs DC:20 prevents it from being captured in the sphere.


Female catfolk sorceror 10

percetion Merle

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

tacking a ready action whilst she waits to see what the others do.


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 10

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Nari looks around them, bitting her lip with concern as she tries to find the source of the disturbance. She stays on the edge of the fight, ready in case any other surprises happen.


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 3 | HP=56/99 | AC=21 (Variable) | Init. +5 | F +8 | Ref +14 | Will +7 | Per +17 (Darkvision)

Perception 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

Hamar has no idea what this thing is saying but it is giving him a headache. Hamar does not like headaches. Hamar does not like this creature having gotten the best of him so far. He presses the attack.

Rage and Attack - Keen Planar Scimitar Attack #1 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17 - Damage 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10
Keen Vorpal Scimitar Attack #2 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 = 28 - Damage 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
Keen Planar Scimitar Attack #3 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27 - Damage 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
Keen Vorpal Scimitar Attack #4 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21- Damage 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13
Activate Haste for another attack - 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 2 = 18 - Damage 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Hamar also does not like low dice rolls with his f@**ing Vorpal weapon!

Rage -2 AC - +4 Strength & Constitution


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 8

Having moved closer with a weapon in each hand, Blayze fires a pair of shots from Glory.

Glory +1 distance double barreled pistol (vs touch AC): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Glory +1 distance double barreled pistol (vs touch AC): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8

Once again, Alessia presses the attack, striking hard and fast at the wounded creature in an attempt to finish it off before whatever it has summoned arrives.

+2 keen furyborn bastard sword: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 1 = 17 damage: 1d10 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14 + energy drain
+2 keen furyborn bastard sword: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 = 20 damage: 1d10 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 + energy drain

Second attack gets an additional +1 to hit and +1 damage if the first attack hits.

15,151 to 15,200 of 15,253 << first < prev | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.