Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


14,851 to 14,900 of 16,792 << first < prev | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | next > last >>

female elan Psion (Kineticist) 10
Ramuah Arete wrote:
As Ramuah looks about the vast library, she keeps an eye out for any books that might let her become more informed about Sigil. She also keeps an eye out for anything about Golarion or Shelyn, unable to help a small creeping doubt that she's imagined her life before waking up in the cage, and hoping for confirmation that her memory leads to a place that exists.

Nari quietly nudges Ramuah, and points to a particular book. "That one's good for learning about Sigil and its customs," she whispers. "But be careful not to wander off too far. It's easy to get lost in here."


Bribes always welcome

One of the nearby reading rooms is a fairly large space with stained glass windows. Ramuah sees the subjects of the windows are scenes from Golarion’s mythology. Iomedae, Sheyln, Cayden, Desna, and others ring the domed roof space, making a astrological set of Golarion dieties, both good and evil. Inside the room are several well-done statues of various scenes of history including a rendering of Iomedae’s battle with Erum-Hel, the Mohrg King.

Within a few people dressed in Golarion styles peruse tomes. There is a priest of Asmodeus, severe in a black cassock with his patron’s inverted star in red on his chest the only color on him. A Taldan knight in an ornamental breastplate embossed with his house heraldry reads quietly in a corner.


Bribes always welcome

Meanwhile, back at Alluvius ‘ store...

Alessia has been bored before. Patience is a finely honed craft for someone who spent an excruciatingly long time locked in a cell in an empty fortress floating in a plane devoted to eternal nothingness. However, the boredom here is unnecessary. She decides to wander away from these nattering companions and have a look around this huge store.

Most of the customers giver her a wide berth, feeling her chill before they look up. None flinch though, merely make space for her to pass. As she pokes at a bin of polished agates a thin being approaches her.

This being is gaunt and bone white skinned. It is dressed in black robes. Its gender is indeterminate, with delicate facial features, but bald and the robes revealing nothing about its body. The only decoration it wears is a scabbarded sword and an odd sigul of a stylized spiked skull pinning a large black cloak to its shoulder. It raises a bony hand in greeting

“Greetings. I could not help but notice your presence as I shopped. Am I correct in that you are new to the Cage?”


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

"Cutter? I call him Wizard. I've not seen him cut anything but a breakfast ham... and for a moment I thought the ham might win".


Bribes always welcome

Alluvius laughs heartily

“Yeh sure I can’t hire yeh? I’d give you a bonus since yeh’re amusing”


Bribes always welcome
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:
Ramuah Arete wrote:
As Ramuah looks about the vast library, she keeps an eye out for any books that might let her become more informed about Sigil. She also keeps an eye out for anything about Golarion or Shelyn, unable to help a small creeping doubt that she's imagined her life before waking up in the cage, and hoping for confirmation that her memory leads to a place that exists.
Nari quietly nudges Ramuah, and points to a particular book. "That one's good for learning about Sigil and its customs," she whispers. "But be careful not to wander off too far. It's easy to get lost in here."

Naridre feels an odd psychic pressure as she looks around.

Do you have any psionic detection powers?


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

As Merle walks away from the gnome tucking the gem and card away she sees the new party member looking at the cases nearby

Sophi reaches the higher levels and sees the cat sorcerer Merle in animated discussion with an oddly-dressed gnome

You can roll Perception if you want to be snoopy

Always keen to find out more about who she's to be working with, especially after her last crew, Sophie sidles over towards Merle and the Gnome.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33


Bribes always welcome
Sophistacia Xen'daren wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

As Merle walks away from the gnome tucking the gem and card away she sees the new party member looking at the cases nearby

Sophi reaches the higher levels and sees the cat sorcerer Merle in animated discussion with an oddly-dressed gnome

You can roll Perception if you want to be snoopy

Always keen to find out more about who she's to be working with, especially after her last crew, Sophie sidles over towards Merle and the Gnome.

[dice=Perception Check]1d20+15

Sophi basically hears the entire conversation


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Ack! Sorry! New posts werent showing up! And I was distracted. RL :P

Justin, suddenly returning from wherever his Wizarding mind wanders off too when he starts thinking TOO much, blinks and looks sheepish.

"Wha? Ah, of course Miss Alluvius. Just As you say. No harm in asking." He grins.

Looking slightly embarrassed, like a kid caught peeking at his dad's 'Succubus Monthly' scroll, Justin swiftly completes the promissory note and hands it to Alluvius with an embarrassed grin.

"How long before the meeting is usually arranged?" Justin asks politely, pretending he hadn't just zoned out into some interplanar Nirvana for a few moments there.
Inwardly, Justin sighed. That was one hazard of being almost as smart as you thought you were. It was entirely possible to think about too many things at once.


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

Meanwhile, back at Alluvius ‘ store...

“Greetings. I could not help but notice your presence as I shopped. Am I correct in that you are new to the Cage?”

At the robed figure's greeting, Alessia freezes in place, her head slowly turning to face the strange being as her hand moves to the hilt of her sword.

"Who are you?" she hisses from behind her mask, "And why do you care to know?"


Bribes always welcome

The pale figure inclines its head politely

“Excuse my forwardness. I understand beings like ourselves with ... alternate existences ... value our privacy. “

The figure straightens, keeping its posture studiedly neutral and its hands open

“Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Alucius Merrowborne. I am a factotum, an officer, of a faction in this city known as the Dustmen. We represent many beings who have transcended traditional mortality. Since many beings are prejudiced against our lifestyle we have joined together to protect our interests “


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 10
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:
Ramuah Arete wrote:
As Ramuah looks about the vast library, she keeps an eye out for any books that might let her become more informed about Sigil. She also keeps an eye out for anything about Golarion or Shelyn, unable to help a small creeping doubt that she's imagined her life before waking up in the cage, and hoping for confirmation that her memory leads to a place that exists.
Nari quietly nudges Ramuah, and points to a particular book. "That one's good for learning about Sigil and its customs," she whispers. "But be careful not to wander off too far. It's easy to get lost in here."

Naridre feels an odd psychic pressure as she looks around.

Do you have any psionic detection powers?

Yes, detect psionics at will.

Nari looks around, frowning, her eyes lighting up just a little bit as she looks around for the presence of mental energies.


Bribes always welcome

Nari sees an odd person a few stacks away. He(?) is bald, and wearing smoked-glass goggles that cover their eyes and a good section of their upper facial area. They are dressed in a very odd leather outfit that looks vaguely like both a duster-stryke coat and a floor-length robe. Silver buttons match up the front. Next to this apparition is a squat steel canister that seems to be floating a few inches off the library floor. The psionic emanations seem to be radiating from both


Bribes always welcome
Justin Case wrote:

Ack! Sorry! New posts werent showing up! And I was distracted. RL :P

Justin, suddenly returning from wherever his Wizarding mind wanders off too when he starts thinking TOO much, blinks and looks sheepish.

"Wha? Ah, of course Miss Alluvius. Just As you say. No harm in asking." He grins.

Looking slightly embarrassed, like a kid caught peeking at his dad's 'Succubus Monthly' scroll, Justin swiftly completes the promissory note and hands it to Alluvius with an embarrassed grin.

"How long before the meeting is usually arranged?" Justin asks politely, pretending he hadn't just zoned out into some interplanar Nirvana for a few moments there.
Inwardly, Justin sighed. That was one hazard of being almost as smart as you thought you were. It was entirely possible to think about too many things at once.

Alluvius smiles

“You can find Lisandra at the sign of the Ubiquitous Wayfarer. I’ll pen a note, asking her to listen to your screed. She’ll make a decision based on your palaver whether or not she can help yeh, and how much jink her help is going to cost yeh”

Alluvius takes a parchment page and scribbles a note she folds it and drips some wax from a candle and presses a pinky ring into the soft wax blob

“There yeh go. Good hunting!”


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin accepts the sealed note with a bow of his head.

"Thank you kindly M'lady. I'll take all the good-luck I can get!" He grins.

Tucking the sealed note into an inner coat pocket, he straightens and gives Alluvius a proper bow.
"Until next time m'lady, may business be good."

Turning, Justin realizes that only the beefy barbarian Hamar is still standing nearby. Everyone else has drifted off to various corners of the surprisingly spacious shop.

'Wow. I really DID drift for a bit there.' Justin muses.

To Hamar Justin smiles and says, "Kids. Can't take 'em anywhere."

At Hamar's inscrutable look, Justin sighs and adds, "Tough crowd. I gotta get new material."

"Seriously,..." Justin continues to explain to Hamar (Blissfully ignorant of whether or not Hamar is actually paying him the least bit of attention)
",...I get more response out of Horace, Macaroni's bodyguard. And he's made of stone!"

Justin continues in a similar vein as he wanders the shop, gathering his wayward partners and telling them he has what they need.


“Boss, you need a new Schtick”


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Memnon the Mimir wrote:
“Boss, you need a new Schtick”

"Yes. A Big Stick. For convincing recalcitrant audiences into seeing the true genius of my humor. Or just for clearing a path on the street at High Peak. It's a zoo." Justin responds to the voice emanating from the bag at his waist.

'OR for playing stick-ball with crystal skulls who draw unwanted attention to themselves. Not that I would ever do such a thing of course,...' Justin smiles at a wayward thought.

"Speaking of sticks,..." Justin continues, probably (possibly) still taking to Hamar,...

"Before we head out again, I REALLY should do some research into Metamagic rods to enhance flexibility and power of memorized spells. Too many things coming at us too fast to properly plan for every contingency every time. Oooh! Or a staff! Yes,... enhancement, flexibility, defense, offense, across a variety of Merlinscale-rated enchantments,... All wrapped up in the convenient package of the ever-useful Big Stick! THAT'S a plan!" Justin declares happily,... to anyone who cares to listen apparently.

"Besides. All the cool wizards are carrying them nowadays."


Female catfolk sorceror 11

"Well guess your n-ouch hey Quit it." Merle as Seph gives a light jab aganst her ear.


“Boss, I’m tired of riding in this pouch. C’mon, this is my hometown! I haven’t been back in close to a millennium! Let a Mimir live!


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:
"Well guess your n-ouch hey Quit it." Merle as Seph gives a light jab aganst her ear.

Merle notices the new fish snooping on her


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Memnon the Mimir wrote:
“Boss, I’m tired of riding in this pouch. C’mon, this is my hometown! I haven’t been back in close to a millennium! Let a Mimir live!

Justin sighed again.

(He really was getting pretty good at evoking multiple emotions with a single breath now. Practice pays off.)

"THAT'S what I'm trying to do." Justin mutters as he reluctantly fishes the verbose skull from his waist pouch.

"Wasn't it YOU who might have mentioned that he didn't want to attract TOO much attention to himself? Itself? What IS the appropriate pronoun in this situation anyway? Just in case some un-named parties might have long memories, and lifespans?" He asks Memnon, holding him face to face. Well, face to skull.

"One of these days, your gonna have to regale me with tales of adventures from 'The Old Days', so I know how to help you avoid any repeat performances." He added wryly.

"In the meantime,... yeah, we really do need figure out a better way for you to travel." Justin admitted, rubbing the sore spot on his hip where the crystal skull had been bouncing for the better part of an hour.


“C’mon , almost everyone I knew is dead. “

***

“Well, a good proportion at least. How many folks can last a thousand years?”

Memnon sighs

“This is probably the only place in the Wheel I WONT attract a lot of attention. There’s a whole ... gaggle? ....parliament? ...murder? ....of Mimirs here”

The muffled voice grows a bit harder

“Besides, we still haven’t worked out the terms of my contract *. Keep in mind, I am a sentient being with my own agency. I’m not some talking arcane tool. I can fly off any time i please”

Memnon starts talking slowly, as if to a child

“As for a better way to travel, I have this little thing known as constant telekinesis. I fly as Dexterous as a hummingbird “

Memnon levitates off of Justin’s hand and rapidly spins around him in a blur

*Prior conversation at their meeting

Spoiler:
Memnon wrote:
"I accept conditionally. We can work the terms out later, but for now I will accompany and assist you until we reach a safe destination. Are you lot from Sigil? I would like to return there if I can."


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar grins at the shop owner, "Perhaps after all of my companions die horribly and I am still in this strange place we can sekka of employment".

He gives a nod after the contract is signed and follows along with Justin, "I think you've good humor Wizard and little skull that used to be a Wizard is amusing as well.

Puppetry, you could do puppetry with that dead Wizard skull if you seek to cease your planar adventures.

Do you wish to explore this place more Wizard or find the others? I've no use for most of these items. I shall stay near to you, in case others find you offensive, at least until you've that bit stick to defend yourself with". He grins a bit.


Female catfolk sorceror 11
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Merle Barer wrote:
"Well guess your n-ouch hey Quit it." Merle as Seph gives a light jab aganst her ear.
Merle notices the new fish snooping on her

New fish?


Bribes always welcome

new person. Sophisticata


Female catfolk sorceror 11
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
new person. Sophisticata

Ah okay got it

"Something I can help you with?" Merle as she glances over at Sophie


Bribes always welcome

As Karrin and O.L.L.I chat , a human male in battered plate mail walks into the room. He is older, with thinning blond hair, beefy built, with a wide homely face bearing several scars. His plate is scarred as well, and bears several heraldry markings*. An unlit cigar is firmly clapped in his mouth.

“Heya Olli! I just wanted to thank yeh for your help. I got the darks I was looking for “

O.L.L.I looks at the newcomer

“Greetings friend and cleric Melchizedek. This unit is experiencing happiness that you have discovered the information you sought. This unit must remind you that smoking is prohibited in this facility “

The man laughs good-naturedly

“Don’t worry, Ol, it’s unlit. You can’t light it in here anyway with that poxy anti-flame charm that’s put on this place.”

To illustrate he takes out a Lucifer match and tries to strike it without success

*Knowledge(local) DC15

Spoiler:
The markings show him to be an officer in the Baatorian Foreign Legion, the Sigil-based fighting group supporting the Nine Hells in the Blood War


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2
Merle Barer wrote:
"Something I can help you with?" Merle as she glances over at Sophie

Sophie grins at Merle as the sorcerer approaches her.

"Oh I'm sure there are lots of things that a... person, of your talents could help me with. Were you offering your services?"
her grin widens slyly.


Female catfolk sorceror 11

"Uh.........depends what you mean by talents and what you mean by services." Merle unsure at how the conversation is going


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Memnon the Mimir wrote:

“C’mon , almost everyone I knew is dead. “

***

“Well, a good proportion at least. How many folks can last a thousand years?”

Memnon sighs

“This is probably the only place in the Wheel I WONT attract a lot of attention. There’s a whole ... gaggle? ....parliament? ...murder? ....of Mimirs here”

The muffled voice grows a bit harder

“Besides, we still haven’t worked out the terms of my contract *. Keep in mind, I am a sentient being with my own agency. I’m not some talking arcane tool. I can fly off any time i please”

Memnon starts talking slowly, as if to a child

“As for a better way to travel, I have this little thing known as constant telekinesis. I fly as Dexterous as a hummingbird “

Memnon levitates off of Justin’s hand and rapidly spins around him in a blur

"Good points. Good points." Justin admits, trying to keep an eye on Memnon, then gives it up as the Mimir seems determined to give him whiplash. Justin waves at the others that they are leaving as he makes his way towards the door with Memnon doing his imitation of an oversized Ioun stone.

"That's been bugging me too, what IS the correct term for a multiplicity of Mimirs?"

"We spoke a little on the journey, but you are correct, we should finalize the details of our partnership. Do you prefer a written contract? Magically binding? Or just a Gentlebeings agreement?" Justin asks with a smile, holding open the door.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Hamar of the Hyena Tribe wrote:

He gives a nod after the contract is signed and follows along with Justin, "I think you've good humor Wizard and little skull that used to be a Wizard is amusing as well."

"Puppetry, you could do puppetry with that dead Wizard skull if you seek to cease your planar adventures."

"Do you wish to explore this place more Wizard or find the others? I've no use for most of these items. I shall stay near to you, in case others find you offensive, at least until you've that big stick to defend yourself with". He grins a bit.

Justin smiles at Hamar, "Thanks Hamar. I think. Although I don't think Memnon is interested in doing a ventriloquist act. Although to be fair, I haven't ASKED him either. Maybe he likes entertaining kids?"

Justin eyes Hamar's muscular frame as he holds the door open for him, Memnon and the others.

"Yep. Gonna have to be a BIIIG stick,..." He murmurs as he walks out, letting the door close behind them.


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

As Karrin and O.L.L.I chat , a human male in battered plate mail walks into the room. He is older, with thinning blond hair, beefy built, with a wide homely face bearing several scars. His plate is scarred as well, and bears several heraldry markings*. An unlit cigar is firmly clapped in his mouth.

“Heya Olli! I just wanted to thank yeh for your help. I got the darks I was looking for “

O.L.L.I looks at the newcomer

“Greetings friend and cleric Melchizedek. This unit is experiencing happiness that you have discovered the information you sought. This unit must remind you that smoking is prohibited in this facility “

The man laughs good-naturedly

“Don’t worry, Ol, it’s unlit. You can’t light it in here anyway with that poxy anti-flame charm that’s put on this place.”

To illustrate he takes out a Lucifer match and tries to strike it without success

*Knowledge(local) DC15 ** spoiler omitted **

"S'up" Karrin says, unsure how to greet the new comer, "Guess you got business with my friend Olli? Guess that's our signal to move out. Later Olli, we need to get together again sometime, maybe we can join up at the World Serpent Inn sometime."


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2
Merle Barer wrote:
"Uh.........depends what you mean by talents and what you mean by services." Merle unsure at how the conversation is going

Her grin turns into a wide smile at Merle's confusion.

"Oh I don't know. Magical, Mental... Physical. I'm sure you have much to offer."


Female catfolk sorceror 11

"Uh maybe another time?"


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

"Hey, You coming ladies? Or are you still shopping?" Justin waves to Sophie and Merle. He gestures to the still-open door he's holding and smiles.

"Peak's not getting any earlier. Places to go, people to see,..." He grins.


female elan Psion (Kineticist) 10
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Nari sees an odd person a few stacks away. He(?) is bald, and wearing smoked-glass goggles that cover their eyes and a good section of their upper facial area. They are dressed in a very odd leather outfit that looks vaguely like both a duster-stryke coat and a floor-length robe. Silver buttons match up the front. Next to this apparition is a squat steel canister that seems to be floating a few inches off the library floor. The psionic emanations seem to be radiating from both

Nari drifts away from the group and towards this new person. Not too far from the group. She can still see Karrin, so she can call for help if she needs to. Her steps are hesitant as she approaches the person. After all, it wasn't every day that she ran into another psionic practitioner.

"Hello?" she says uncertainly from a few feet away from the unknown being.


Female catfolk sorceror 11
Justin Case wrote:

"Hey, You coming ladies? Or are you still shopping?" Justin waves to Sophie and Merle. He gestures to the still-open door he's holding and smiles.

"Peak's not getting any earlier. Places to go, people to see,..." He grins.

"Yes yes good idea." Merle as she near enough dives through the door putting Justin between herself and Sophie

Seph in his catform just looks over to Justin and shrugs


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2

Sophie grins as Merle practically sprints away from her, winking at Justin as she saunters through the door he's holding open for them.


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar cocks his head at Sophistacia's wink, "You have a twitch in your eye, perhaps a stiff drink will help with that yes?"


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2

Sophie laughs at Hamar, and then falters a bit, not quite sure that he actually was joking.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin waggles his eyebrows at Sophie's wink, and chortles quietly at Hamar's comment.

"Oh yeah. Your gonna fit RIGHT in,.." Justin murmurs as he closes the door behind them.

Outside Justin pats his pockets, habitually checking every thing is still where it belongs. Then he gets his bearings, and, after a brief hesitation to make sure he's heading in the right direction, leads the group towards their next appointment.


Bribes always welcome

O.L.L.I turns to the Kartin

“This unit surmises that it is appropriate at this junction to tender introductions. Friend Karrin, this is friend Melchizedek. “

The burly man grins and sticks out a large hand. Karrin can see upon closer observation that his armor is marked with a rising sun symbol. She recognizes it as Pelor’s symbol


Bribes always welcome
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Nari sees an odd person a few stacks away. He(?) is bald, and wearing smoked-glass goggles that cover their eyes and a good section of their upper facial area. They are dressed in a very odd leather outfit that looks vaguely like both a duster-stryke coat and a floor-length robe. Silver buttons match up the front. Next to this apparition is a squat steel canister that seems to be floating a few inches off the library floor. The psionic emanations seem to be radiating from both

Nari drifts away from the group and towards this new person. Not too far from the group. She can still see Karrin, so she can call for help if she needs to. Her steps are hesitant as she approaches the person. After all, it wasn't every day that she ran into another psionic practitioner.

"Hello?" she says uncertainly from a few feet away from the unknown being.

The man turns to Nari. She feels a flare of psychic energy. The man is probing her defenses, but not aggressively, just in a manner meant to gauge them. The canister at his side seems to be working as some kind of psychic battery, feeding him extra power. Suddenly thoughts not hers enter her mind

::TELL THE ONE NAMED CASE. TELL HIM WE WANT THE ROD. WE WILL COME FOR IT. TELL HIM TO SURRENDER IT. ::

The words travel through her thoughts like centipedes. The mind the man(?) has is completely alien, worse than any she’s felt. Nightmarish overtones flicker in the periphery of the thoughts, swirling darkly.

The man suddenly turns and walks away, the canister trailing behind him. Nari cannot see the man’s feet under his black leather robe, and it almost seems as if he glides away — that he is floating like his canister


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

Coming around the corner of one of the shelves, Blayze raises an eyebrow."What's got the kitty all spooked?" she whispers.


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

O.L.L.I turns to the Kartin

“This unit surmises that it is appropriate at this junction to tender introductions. Friend Karrin, this is friend Melchizedek. “

The burly man grins and sticks out a large hand. Karrin can see upon closer observation that his armor is marked with a rising sun symbol. She recognizes it as Pelor’s symbol

"Oh, are you a follower of Palor? Are you from Oerth?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female elan Psion (Kineticist) 10
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Nari sees an odd person a few stacks away. He(?) is bald, and wearing smoked-glass goggles that cover their eyes and a good section of their upper facial area. They are dressed in a very odd leather outfit that looks vaguely like both a duster-stryke coat and a floor-length robe. Silver buttons match up the front. Next to this apparition is a squat steel canister that seems to be floating a few inches off the library floor. The psionic emanations seem to be radiating from both

Nari drifts away from the group and towards this new person. Not too far from the group. She can still see Karrin, so she can call for help if she needs to. Her steps are hesitant as she approaches the person. After all, it wasn't every day that she ran into another psionic practitioner.

"Hello?" she says uncertainly from a few feet away from the unknown being.

The man turns to Nari. She feels a flare of psychic energy. The man is probing her defenses, but not aggressively, just in a manner meant to gauge them. The canister at his side seems to be working as some kind of psychic battery, feeding him extra power. Suddenly thoughts not hers enter her mind

::TELL THE ONE NAMED CASE. TELL HIM WE WANT THE ROD. WE WILL COME FOR IT. TELL HIM TO SURRENDER IT. ::

The words travel through her thoughts like centipedes. The mind the man(?) has is completely alien, worse than any she’s felt. Nightmarish overtones flicker in the periphery of the thoughts, swirling darkly.

The man suddenly turns and walks away, the canister trailing behind him. Nari cannot see the man’s feet under his black leather robe, and it almost seems as if he glides away — that he is floating like his canister

Nari goes pale(r), the golden freckles dusted across her nose standing out in stark contrast. She slowly lets out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding as the man floats away and the color flushes back into her cheeks. Her fists clench and there is an unmistakable scent of ozone in the air around her. She marches back over to the others. "Karrin, we need to go. There's trouble," she said forcefully, as visibly angry as Karrin has ever seen her. Nari's green eyes are nearly glowing with suppressed power. Like hell was she going to stand by and let that ....that....creature....with his perversion of mental powers, the antithesis of everything she stood for....like hell was she going to stand by and let him threaten her friend.


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Karrin Kind wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:

O.L.L.I turns to the Kartin

“This unit surmises that it is appropriate at this junction to tender introductions. Friend Karrin, this is friend Melchizedek. “

The burly man grins and sticks out a large hand. Karrin can see upon closer observation that his armor is marked with a rising sun symbol. She recognizes it as Pelor’s symbol

"Oh, are you a follower of Palor? Are you from Oerth?"

The man nods

“I did come from Greyhawk, many years ago. I ended up here in a planar Portal mishap when I was much younger, then I got sucked into the Blood Wars for close to 20 years. Now I’m just a mercenary cleric, looking to make a few Ladies and retire somewhere quiet”

He looks over at O.L.L.I

“Ol is always formal, but most folks call me Mel. It’s easier to remember “


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
“Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Alucius Merrowborne. I am a factotum, an officer, of a faction in this city known as the Dustmen. We represent many beings who have transcended traditional mortality. Since many beings are prejudiced against our lifestyle we have joined together to protect our interests “

Apologies for taking so long to respond, the last few weeks have been kind of rough.

Alessia does not relax from her defensive stance.

"What interests would those be? If others fear me because of what I was made into, that is their own problem."

She pauses for an intentionally uncomfortable amount of time before speaking again.

"And, you still haven't fully answered my question. What do you want with me, and what benefit would I gain from associating with you?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2
Justin Case wrote:
Outside Justin pats his pockets, habitually checking every thing is still where it belongs.

Why do I feel called out... :D


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade
Patrick Curtin wrote:

The man nods

“I did come from Greyhawk, many years ago. I ended up here in a planar Portal mishap when I was much younger, then I got sucked into the Blood Wars for close to 20 years. Now I’m just a mercenary cleric, looking to make a few Ladies and retire somewhere quiet”

He looks over at O.L.L.I

“Ol is always formal, but most folks call me Mel. It’s easier to remember “

"Okay Mel, always nice to meet another traveler from Oerth, I come from the Griff Mountains, but I visited Grayhawk a few times. Great city, very open to adventurers, not all places are the same sadly . . ."

Karrin pauses as she sees Nari returning:

Naridre Ro'Arisahshe wrote:
She marches back over to the others. "Karrin, we need to go. There's trouble," she said forcefully, as visibly angry as Karrin has ever seen her. Nari's green eyes are nearly glowing with suppressed power. Like hell was she going to stand by and let that ....that....creature....with his perversion of mental powers, the antithesis of everything she stood for....like hell was she going to stand by and let him threaten her friend.

Karrin quickly stands, never having seen Nari angry she realizes something serious is up.

"Mel, Olli, this will have to wait another time, something's up and we have to leave. It was nice meeting you Mel. Ramuah we're heading out."

14,851 to 14,900 of 16,792 << first < prev | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.