Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


15,101 to 15,150 of 16,792 << first < prev | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | next > last >>

Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

Eyes lighting up at the sight of the glittering gold washed weapon, Blayze leads the way into the shop with a smile.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Female catfolk sorceror 11

would it be better for Merle to meet back up with the group before or after the shoppong trip?


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Merle Barer wrote:
would it be better for Merle to meet back up with the group before or after the shoppong trip?

Catch up to us whenever its convenient. That always seems to work well. In Sigil anyway. :)


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Noting Blayze's eyes light up at the window display, Justin gives the display items a look as well.

"Nice. Looks like good work. Not that I know ANYthing about firearms, but the craftsmanship looks solid. Hm,... wonder what they could do with a metal-shod staff?"


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

"Hmm, maybe I could browse a bit?" Karrin says looking at the gun shop, "I mean I got to send some money back home, makes sure dad is looked after, and I suppose the church here needs some money, but after that the rest is Karrin's mad money."


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16


Bribes always welcome

Hamar notices a dark shape in a shadow near an alleyway off the courtyard they are in


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

Hamar turns away from that direction and signals to Karrin and whispers, "We are followed or at least watched. Shall I attempt to flank this foe?"


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2

Sophie follows along after the others, being careful to keep her hood up. She needed to get her newly acquired money to the Ginali's, but that didn't mean she couldn't do a little shopping with the left over money first. Keeping an eye out was second nature to her though, so she was reasonably confident she could avoid detection for at least a little while longer.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

Karrin doesn't take her eyes off the gun shop, "Yes," she says with a bit more enthusiasm then necessary, "I think we should look into this. This might not be your thing Hamar, feel free to find something to keep yourself entertained while we have a look inside."


Bribes always welcome
Sophistacia Xen'daren wrote:

Sophie follows along after the others, being careful to keep her hood up. She needed to get her newly acquired money to the Ginali's, but that didn't mean she couldn't do a little shopping with the left over money first. Keeping an eye out was second nature to her though, so she was reasonably confident she could avoid detection for at least a little while longer.

[dice=Perception Check]1d20+15

Sophi sees the figure as well


Bribes always welcome
Blayze wrote:

Eyes lighting up at the sight of the glittering gold washed weapon, Blayze leads the way into the shop with a smile.

[dice=Perception]1d20+7

The shop smells of gunpowder and iron. Racks of various guns and muskets line the walls. Powder horns are lined behind glass caases. A dwarf with an eyepatch and a large brimmed hat sits behind the counter. He looks up as Blayze enters

"Howdy cutter," He drawls in an odd accent. "What can I do for you?"


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance." Blayze says with a smile reminiscent of the sun coming out from behind a cloud. "You've got quite the impressive selection here. I'm looking for something pretty specific though, a pistol, well made, accurate, double barreled.....especially blessed to hurt targets with a more...sinister inclination." the gunslinger says, checking off her wishlist on her fingers.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin starts to follow Blayze, then notices that Sophie is now looking elsewhere, (probably targeting her next flirtation victim), and Karrin is talking to Hamar. THOSE two were likely comparing notes on how large, bladed weapons are superior to mere firearms.


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2

Sophie's eyes narrow under her hood as she spots the shadowy figure skulking around the alley. It could be just someone out on their business in Sigil, Hekate knows shes been on that kind of business before, she thinks to herself. She sighs though, knowing that when something looks wrong, it most often is.
Seeing that Hamar and Karrin have also apparently noticed the figure as well, she decides that the two will make an excellent distraction, most likely blundering around and spooking the shadowy figure. To that end, she quietly detaches herself from the rest of the party and attempts to sneak around behind the figure providing the alley has another entry/exit point and get the drop on them.

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (6) + 24 = 30

Pat:

Provided her Stealth is high enough to sneak around behind the figure, she will call Sophie's Choice to her hand as she enters the alley, and then when she is right behind them, activate her Elemental Aura as a Standard action (to slow the figure and make it harder for them to escape - anyone within 10' of her at the end of the round will also take 1d6 Cold Damage... she's not worried who this damages). She will then put the gun to the figure's head and ask them what their business is with the party.
Erebus will also poke his head out of her shoulder as they enter the alley and keep watch behind her (which will activate her Alertness Feat as well).
Another Perception Check: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36 for the alley just in case.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2
Quote:
Justin notices that Sophie is now looking elsewhere, (probably targeting her next flirtation victim).

Just her next victim this time. She still only has eyes for Justin... and Blayze... and maybe Merle... and possibly even Nari and Hamar... ;)

Karrin and Alessia scare her a bit too much though... (and in truth she has no idea where she'd even start with the Undead Warrior).

Justin Case wrote:
Karrin is talking to Hamar. THOSE two were likely comparing notes on how large, bladed weapons are superior to mere firearms.

Bladed weapons that can be concealed and firearms are always superior to large bladed weapons. :D


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

I was waiting for Hamar's reply before this next part but as people seem to be moving ahead I'd better post Karrin's next move.

"Oh shoot," Karrin says as she nears the doors to the shop, "I seem to have misplaced my coin purse! I hope I haven't been victim of a cut purse again. Hold up gang let's all make sure we haven't had anything lifted."

Karrin then pretends to check her numerous pockets, as Karrin twists and turns she makes eye contact with her teammate, revealing that her search is just a pantomime.

"You really have to be careful in these big cities," Karrin says as she turns toward the alley Hamar indicated but without looking up or gesturing, trusting her team to pick up the subtle hints, "You never know who might be lurking about."


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2
Karrin Kind wrote:
"You never know who might be lurking about."

I know one shadowy Investigator who's lurking about... :D


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin raises an eyebrow at Karrin's surprisingly subtle hints, but gets the idea and pretends to check his own pockets as well as he sideways glances around to see if he can spot anything, now that he's actually looking for him. Her. It?

Per: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

"Nope. Bat guano all still here. It DOES make an excellent pickpocket deterrent." Justin says aloud cheerfully to the others.

Meanwhile, a small portion of the afore-mentioned spell component is now is his hand, waiting to be needed.


Bribes always welcome
Blayze wrote:
"Pleasure to make your acquaintance." Blayze says with a smile reminiscent of the sun coming out from behind a cloud. "You've got quite the impressive selection here. I'm looking for something pretty specific though, a pistol, well made, accurate, double barreled.....especially blessed to hurt targets with a more...sinister inclination." the gunslinger says, checking off her wishlist on her fingers.

The dwarf makes a short bow

“I know that need. I am an inquisitor of Torag, myself “

He stretches out a scarred hand

“Barron Ashpeak”


Bribes always welcome

The party outside doesn’t see Sophi disappear, but suddenly she melts into the rainy shadows of the street

Sophi:

Spoiler:
Sophi edges into a nearby alley she judges might have a connection to the alley the stranger is in. The alley is narrow and filled with scrap metal, but she unerringly places her feet noiselessly and skirts through, ending up in a small courtyard with a well and piles of junk from the shops that show their back doors to it. A sewer grate lies aside it’s hole, seemingly opened and set aside. Sophi sees the alley the stranger is in and approaches quiet as a ghost 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

The dark figure stares at the party, and seems not to notice Sophi. He seems to be alone. There seems to be something... off ... about him. His proportions don’t look right, arms too long, his shapeless cloak reminiscent of dark folds of skin than cloth. A brimmed hat sits on a lumpy head, it’s brim moving oddly against the pull of the rain.

Sophi puts her gun to the cutters melon and speaks her piece. This close a fungal dank smell wafts off him, mixed with odd spicy notes.

The man doesn’t seem phased by Sophi, or her gun. He turns his head to regard her, revealing an uneven face of deathly pallor patched with leprous hair growth. The cutter’s ears proclaim him an elf, but he is the ugliest elf Sophi has ever seen. His skin has the quality of a corpse six days in the water, bloated and soggy looking. A pair of smoked black lenses goggles hides his eyes. No emotion passes over his face

“Tell the one called Case the Nest will come for him. We are the brood with a thousand eyes. Do not let him think he can escape Our gaze”

With that, the cutter begins to vibrate madly, as if having a seizure. His skin begins to shred, and a black viscous material emerges like some insect emerging from a cocoon. Fast as an eyeblink Sophi stands next to a grotesque black parody of a humanoid, one with wicked black sword-like growths where it’s hands should be

Sophi you have a surprise round, but I’ll need initiatives For after

The rest of the party hears a ruckus in the alley and those outside see the figure in the alley changing into something quite dire

“Holy Pelor’s left testicle!” Mel exclaims!


Bribes always welcome
Merle Barer wrote:
would it be better for Merle to meet back up with the group before or after the shoppong trip?

Ill say you met up with them. Otherwise you’ll get sidelined for a while i think


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
The party outside doesn’t see Sophi disappear, but suddenly she melts into the rainy shadows of the street

"Huh. Now where did she get to?" Justin murmurs.

Quote:
The rest of the party hears a ruckus in the alley and those outside see the figure in the alley changing into something quite dire.

"Ah. Found her!" Justin smirks. "She's gonna fit RIGHT in."

Quote:
“Holy Pelor’s left testicle!” Mel exclaims!

Getting a look at the,... whateveritis,... Justin nods in agreement. He seems more resigned than surprised at it's appearance.

"Yep. It's gonna be one of THOSE kinda blessing days. No doubt about it."


Female catfolk sorceror 11

"Well thats..........................new?" Merle watching the well whatever it is unfold.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

"Yep. But It's getting old , REAL quick!" Justin grumps, then does a double take.

"Oh, Hey Merle. Shields if you gott'em people! Karrin, Hamar, Alessia, would you three mind convincing our admirer over there that he REALLY doesn't start want to start anything he can't finish?"

Justin turns and stage whispers to Mel, "Karrin is great with diplomacy. Watching her negotiate is a thing of wonder."

Then the wizard follows his own advice and casts a short term defensive shielding spell. Just, in, case.

Cast Shield on self, Mage armor should already be up :)


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9
Dungeon Monkey wrote:


The dwarf makes a short bow

“I know that need. I am an inquisitor of Torag, myself “

He stretches out a scarred hand

“Barron Ashpeak”

"Blayze," the aasimar says, extending her own hand to grip the inquisitor's in a friendly greeting. "Blayze Everlight, a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Barron."


Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2

Sophie blinks for a second, startled at the sudden transformation. Then she smirks and unloads Sophie's Choice at point blank range into the monstrosity's face.
Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Sophie's Choice: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 Targets Touch AC
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7 Ignores 5 points of DR if he is an Outsider
Elemental Aura Cold Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 If he's not immune to Cold


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13. Sorry RL swept me away there for a spell.


female Tiefling 12th level Duskblade

Karrin moves towards the ally to assist, if she can get to the mouth of the ally she will ready an attack if the monster moves toward us. Karrin is fairly certain this guy is actually after Justin and so she wants to prevent him from making a b-line towards him.

not sure if we're still using group initiative or not but if not I will roll initiative


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2
Justin Case wrote:
"Oh, Hey Merle. Shields if you gott'em people! Karrin, Hamar, Alessia, would you three mind convincing our admirer over there that he REALLY doesn't start want to start anything he can't finish?"

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 (if needed)

Alessia spies the shrouded creature a moment after Justin's request, moving slowly and deliberately as she draws her sword and readies her massive shield. As she positions herself in front of the less well-armored members of the group, she lets out something resembling a sigh of relief.

"Finally, a chance to relax and enjoy myself."

On her action, if things turn violent:

Spoiler:
Dropping into a fighting stance, Alessia advances toward the new enemy, nonchalantly pushing aside anyone in her way. As she draws close to the creature, she suddenly springs forward, much faster than anyone wearing that much armor should be able to move. With a single practiced motion, she slams her shield into the insectile thing's head and torso, following with a crushing blow of her sword.

improved shield bash: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 + energy drain
+2 keen furyborn bastard sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 + energy drain


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

The roar of gunfire immediately arrests Blayze's attention, immediately followed by her notice of Sophie's absence. "One moment Barron, looks like there might be something requiring my attention outside." she says almost calmly, her tone belying the speed of her movement as she bolts for the door, Glory practically blinking into her hand at the merest thought of drawing her weapon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Vishkanya Bonded Investigator/Fighter 9/2
Blayze wrote:
Glory practically blinking into her hand at the merest thought of drawing her weapon.

It's funny, 'cause Sophie's Choice actually does blink into her hand when she wants to draw it. ;)


Female catfolk sorceror 11
Justin Case wrote:

"Yep. But It's getting old , REAL quick!" Justin grumps, then does a double take.

"Oh, Hey Merle. Shields if you gott'em people! Karrin, Hamar, Alessia, would you three mind convincing our admirer over there that he REALLY doesn't start want to start anything he can't finish?"

Justin turns and stage whispers to Mel, "Karrin is great with diplomacy. Watching her negotiate is a thing of wonder."

Then the wizard follows his own advice and casts a short term defensive shielding spell. Just, in, case.

Cast Shield on self, Mage armor should already be up :)

"Yeah was kinda coming to warn you some weirdo had been asking around about us but looks like you kinda found him so .............. congratulations?"

Merle will spend the first round of combat casting haste on whatever members of the party are there.


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)
Merle Barer wrote:


"Yeah was kinda coming to warn you some weirdo had been asking around about us but looks like you kinda found him so .............. congratulations?"

"Um. Thanks. ,..... I think?"


Bribes always welcome

Merle begins his incantations and time begins to slow for those within the radius of the spell


Bribes always welcome

Sophi’s first blow hits, the blade sinking into an unprotected joint. A fetid yellow-green Ichor wells out, discoloring her blade.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

The creature whirls and bolts towards the back area

Sophi you have an attack of opportunity


Male Shadow's Status | Human Scout 6/Barbarian 1/Dervish 5 | HP=114/114 | AC=23 (Variable) | Init. +6 | F +8 | Ref +15 | Will +10 | Per +19 (Darkvision)

As the creature seeks to flee, Hamar will activate hi Boots of Speed as a Free Action giving him a Movement of 85'. I suspect I'll catch him relatively quickly. Assuming this is the case I will attempt to trip the creature.
Trip Attack - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 uh yeah that's a miss...


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

I should roll init shouldn't I? ;P
INIT: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Human Wiz 12 (Evocation)

Justin grunts his frustration at not being able to indulge in his favorite pastime,... area effect fire spells. But with his companions in close proximity, (not to mention NOT wanting to draw the ire of the Sigilian authorities, or heavens forbid, the 'Lady' herself), Justin settles for the easiest, quickest solution.

Force bolts. The Evoker's best friend. Next to fire spells.

Seeing the creature not only take Sophie's firearm blast at point blank range, but then turn to run, Justin flicks his fingers and sends a simple bolt of force energy flying. The tiny, blue blaze zigs between his co workers to strike the creature before it has fully turned around.

Force missile- Wiz school power, auto-hit, force dmg:
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Sovereign Court

Male hu-man Paladin

I assume he's not running towards Karrin as I wasn't asked for the attack.


Bribes always welcome

The creature attempts to pass by Sophie to get to the rear courtyard she snuck through to get behind it. It seems to be fleeing


Bribes always welcome
Blayze wrote:
The roar of gunfire immediately arrests Blayze's attention, immediately followed by her notice of Sophie's absence. "One moment Barron, looks like there might be something requiring my attention outside." she says almost calmly, her tone belying the speed of her movement as she bolts for the door, Glory practically blinking into her hand at the merest thought of drawing her weapon.

The dwarf gunsmith calls out to Blayze

“Here. Take this”

He tosses the new weapon underhand to Blayze

“Call it a test firing “ Barron says with a twinkle in his eye


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

Catching the gun with a wild grin, Blayze bursts out the door, brandishing her new weapon while switching Glory to her other hand.

Do I have a clear shot coming out the door or would I have to move to the alley first?


Bribes always welcome

You could catch the creature, but Sophi is in your line of fire


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

Blayze assesses the situation even as she draws the hammer back on her new pistol. "Sophie, GET DOWN!!!"

I'll give Flash until tomorrow to post, then take the shot.


Bribes always welcome

He’s been notified were trying to jump start, as you saw on the FB Treefort . If he doesn’t post assume Sophi ducks


female human wight fighter (armor master) 8 / furious guardian 2
Alessia of Keoland wrote:
Justin Case wrote:
"Oh, Hey Merle. Shields if you gott'em people! Karrin, Hamar, Alessia, would you three mind convincing our admirer over there that he REALLY doesn't start want to start anything he can't finish?"

[dice="Initiative]1d20+5 (if needed)

Alessia spies the shrouded creature a moment after Justin's request, moving slowly and deliberately as she draws her sword and readies her massive shield. As she positions herself in front of the less well-armored members of the group, she lets out something resembling a sigh of relief.

"Finally, a chance to relax and enjoy myself."

On her action, if things turn violent:
** spoiler omitted **

Bumped from earlier


Blayze Female Aasimar Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) 2/ Paladin (Holy Gun/Divine Hunter) 9

Lining up her shot as Sophie moves out of the way, Blayze fires, the satisfying sound of thunder rolling forth as a shimmering bullet hurtles toward the fleeing monster.

Seraphic Pistol (touch if within 30 ft): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
If I exceed DR and do any damage, and he's evil, the creature’s skin cracks into fissures of golden light. This light negates the creature’s DR for the gunslinger and her allies, fading away after 1 minute.


DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Alessia of Keoland wrote:
Alessia of Keoland wrote:
Justin Case wrote:
"Oh, Hey Merle. Shields if you gott'em people! Karrin, Hamar, Alessia, would you three mind convincing our admirer over there that he REALLY doesn't start want to start anything he can't finish?"

[dice="Initiative]1d20+5 (if needed)

Alessia spies the shrouded creature a moment after Justin's request, moving slowly and deliberately as she draws her sword and readies her massive shield. As she positions herself in front of the less well-armored members of the group, she lets out something resembling a sigh of relief.

"Finally, a chance to relax and enjoy myself."

On her action, if things turn violent:
** spoiler omitted **

Bumped from earlier

Thanks man. Still a bit scattered here. The creature is running away from your party, would you like to attempt to chase it?


Bribes always welcome
Blayze wrote:

Lining up her shot as Sophie moves out of the way, Blayze fires, the satisfying sound of thunder rolling forth as a shimmering bullet hurtles toward the fleeing monster.

[dice=Seraphic Pistol (touch if within 30 ft)]1d20+17
1d8+2
If I exceed DR and do any damage, and he's evil, the creature’s skin cracks into fissures of golden light. This light negates the creature’s DR for the gunslinger and her allies, fading away after 1 minute.

Sophi throws herself to the alley’s wall as the bullet flies past her head, the sound of thunder in its wake. The bullet flies true, striking the carapaced back of the fleeing creature. Fissures of golden light run from the wound, glowing brightly in the dim alley’s shadowy depths. The creature ululates loudly, a sound akin to cats being tortured, but continues moving towards the open sewer hatch Sophi had passed on her way into the back of the alley

15,101 to 15,150 of 16,792 << first < prev | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | 308 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.