[CORE] GM Dennis - Heroes for Highdelve (CORE) (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Pregens:

  • Brialla, human ranger: PDF | BB Code
  • Meraina, human sorcerer: PDF | BB Code
  • Kiliuk, half-orc barbarian: PDF | BB Code
  • Torgen, dwarf fighter: PDF | BB Code

    ---------------

    MAPS


  • 101 to 150 of 159 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
    Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Merry shrugs disappointed and follows the 'sure-to-be-a-baby-ettins' trail.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    @Torgen: You find signs of recent use (last 24 hours). You think the stick figure drawing was done recently, for example.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Kiliuk moves forward with the cousins as they approach the cave. To the left, you can all see a patch of white and gold flowers presenting a lovely scene marred by two jarring elements. Beside the flowers is a lopsided wooden cart with one wheel broken and no cargo. Near the cart are deep scuffle marks as well as a few drops of a dark liquid.

    GM Screen:

    Perception:
    Brialla: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
    Meraina: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
    Kiliuk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
    Torgen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

    Spoiler:

    Stealth:
    Richelle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
    Tolwin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
    Ferran: 1d20 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 5 = 20

    Initiative:
    Brialla: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
    Meraina: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
    Kiliuk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
    Torgen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
    Tolwin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
    Richelle: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    Feran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

    DC 20 Knowledge (nature):
    Crushed brightblooms confer a +2 bonus when used as part of any Heal check.


    Kn Nature untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 6

    Brie approaches the cart and checks the tracks. She tries to make out what happened there, and to memorize footprint signatures if the ground is muddy.

    Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    Torgen follows the others as best as his shorter legs allow. Approaching the mouth of the cave, he spots the cart and heads over to examine it. Perception re cart: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

    Presumably having found nothing of note, he approaches the cave. More in his element, he stops to consider the cave entrance, looking for signs in the stone that may indicate recent use and the numbers within. Perception re unusual stone work: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

    Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Knowedge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    Merry inspects the tracks and things but cannot place them.

    She hops onto the wagon to inspect the broken cargo and then tries to follow the dark liquid.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Sorry, missed a spoiler:

    Heal DC 15:
    The dark liquid appears to be blood. You suspect this might be where Kameer and Kara were attacked.

    Suddenly a young man bearing a longswoard hops out from behind some rocks and attacks Brialla, his strike going just wide, while a young woman, similarly armed, runs toward Torgen and Meraina!

    longsword vs. flat-footed Brialla: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
    damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    -----

    INITIATIVE!

  • Kiliuk
  • Brialla
  • ?
  • Meraina
  • Torgen
  • ?

    Kiliuk and Brialla may act.


  • "Are you two suicidal? You better put down your weapons now before this gets nasty!"

    Brie draws her longsword and attacks while fighting defensively for a +2 to AC.

    To Hit: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 4 = 11
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

    Grand Lodge

    ”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

    Not fazed by the immediate appearance of the two youth Kiliuk lions about the area Yeah, good place to ambush someone. the half-orc smiles in admiration at the chosen battle field. Looking over the youth as well he can't help but think they look very familiar to him. ITS THEM!!

    "I cannot agree more with the lady in green. RICHELLE, TOLWIN. Lay down your weapons now before I get real angry."

    Hefting his large mace up high he stares menacingly at the young boy.
    Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

    I have a moments reprieve from the fire consuming my county and am trying to catch up.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Brialla swings defensively, reluctant to do any real damage, and her swing goes just wide, while Kiliuk tries to cow Tolwin into submission. The boy seems shaken by the half-orc's volume, but does not surrender.

    "Go away!" Tolwin swings nervously against the looming Kiliuk, trying to drive off the threatening half-orc.

    Tolwin longsword, shaken: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 2 = 16
    damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

    -----

    INITIATIVE!

  • Kiliuk
  • Brialla
  • Tolwin
  • Meraina
  • Torgen
  • ?

    Meraina and Torgen may act.

  • Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Merry advances on Tolwin, all smiles Why sir I think you are being quite Rude. Why don't you apologize to poor Brialla....if you don't....I'm gonna tickle you.

    Merry demonstrates that she is in fact, a top tier tickler by touching the girl who is presumable Richelle with her capricious ways.

    Touch Attack, Laughing Touch: 1d20 ⇒ 10


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    "Hrrumph." Torgen mutters aloud, before internalizing his thoughts. I suppose the mage knows little of the arts of battle else she would be able to keep this girl distracted. He nevertheless moves to place the ambusher between them. 5 ft. step

    Frankly, these ambushers hardly seem like worthy opponents either. he contemplates as he attempts to strike with the flat of his weapons.

    Melee (warhammer), NL: 1d20 + 0 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 0 - 4 = 10Damage (warhammer): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

    Melee (battleaxe), NL: 1d20 + 0 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 0 - 4 = 9Damage (battleaxe): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Richelle manages to dodge both Meraina's tickles and Torgen's weapons, stepping out from between the two and swinging her own sword ineffectively at Torgen.

    longsword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
    damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    Suddenly, another figure darts out from behind the rocks and steps into flanking position on the other side of Torgen! His skin is pale, and two small horns protrude from his forehead. Brandishing a short sword with an evil grin, he stabs at the surprised dwarf.

    short sword, flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21
    damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    sneak attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5

    -----

    INITIATIVE!

  • Kiliuk
  • Brialla
  • Tolwin Shaken.
  • Meraina
  • Torgen
  • Feran
  • Richelle

    Kiliuk and Brialla may act.

  • Grand Lodge

    ”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

    Kiliuk seeing the boy refusing to lay down arm he begins to seeth with anger but it quickly subsides as the boys blade bounces off his Scale Male.

    "Boy! I don't want to be hurting you but you haven given me no choice!" swinging his mace back he brings it down to smash Tolwin in the ribs hoping to not kill the youngling but his blow falls wide.

    Heavy Mace, NL Penalty: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 = 0


    *Bzzzt* "Botting for Brialla."

    Brialla swings, trying to avoid injuring the youth.

    To Hit: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 10
    Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Tolwin swings again at Kiliuk, still shaking from the half-orc's intimidation.

    longsword, shaken: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 2 = 13
    damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    ------

    INITIATIVE!

  • Kiliuk
  • Brialla
  • Tolwin
  • Meraina
  • Torgen
  • Devil-man
  • Richelle

    Meraina and Torgen may act.


  • ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    With his lifeblood pouring from fresh wounds, Torgen eyes the new attacker and smiles. "Sending children to do your dirty work, eh?" the dwarf sneers at the new assailant. "I'm glad you showed yourself. I've been itching for a true fight."

    The deadly nature of this newcomer being evident, Torgen does not hold back as he repositions himself. 5 ft. step

    He then brings his weapons fully to bear.

    Melee (warhammer) v. red ?: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13Damage (warhammer): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

    Melee (battleaxe) v. red ?: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4Damage (battleaxe): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


    That would have been her action, That or a grapple attempt.

    Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Merry backs off.... She isn't thinking this is going to go well having to fend off two confused kids with a devil around!

    She begins to weave a beautiful pattern trying to catch both human opponents.

    Hypnotism Hit Dice: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

    DC 17 will they both get +2 because were in combat

    Please put down your weapons and go home....

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Tolwin Will save, combat: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 0 + 2 = 21
    Richelle Will save, combat: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 0 + 2 = 15

    Meraina tries to distract the teens so she and her allies can focus on the newcomer. Richelle's eyes glaze over and her arms go slack, her sword hitting the ground as she turns and walks off.

    GM Screen:
    Duration: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

    "Weak-minded fool! Snap out of it!" the tiefling snaps at Richelle as she heads for home. He tries to tumble away from Torgen and into flanking position on Kiliuk.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Torgen may take an AoO.

    short sword vs. Kiliuk, flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21
    damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    sneak attack: 1d6 ⇒ 2

    -----

    INITIATIVE!

  • Kiliuk
  • Brialla
  • Tolwin
  • Meraina
  • Torgen May take AoO on tiefling.
  • ?
  • Richelle Hypnotised.

    Kiliuk and Brialla may act, and Torgen may take an AoO.


  • ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    As the mysterious assailant attempts to tumble away, Torgen cries. "Not so fast." and brings down his warhammer after the tiefling.

    Not sure what the "normal attack bonus" would be in this instance. Assuming, as fighting with two weapons, that Torgen's "normal attack bonus" for this one single attack is the same that he used for his attack with the same weapon for earlier in the round...

    Melee (warhammer): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
    Damage (warhammer): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

    Otherwise, add +4 to the result for a result of 16.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    According to this FAQ, I think you do not take the penalty on the AoO.

    Torgen correctly predicts where the tiefling is going, timing his opportunistic attack just right to land a decisive blow. The man wobbles and falls, unconscious, before he can reach Kiliuk! Kiliuk, that blow at you never happened.


    "You really need to stop this nonsense child."

    to Hit defensively: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 6

    "I really do not want to hurt you"

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    With his friend headed back to town, the tiefling down, and himself surrounded, all the spirit seems to go out of Tolwin. He drops his sword and raises his hands. "I surrender!" Out of combat!


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    @ GM Dennis - Thanks for the FAQ. I appreciate the info (and don't mind the result either).

    After giving Tolwin a solid glare, Torgen leaves the cowering child for the others to deal with. Intrigued by the newest arrival, which he just felled, the dwarf kneels down to examine the tiefling. "What the devil do we have here?" he inquires as he inspects the tiefling's person.

    Perception, if necessary: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    What Tolwin finds on the tiefling:

  • elixer
  • potion
  • padded armor
  • light crossbow w/10 bolts
  • short sword
  • thieves' tools

    What is that potion? Perception DC 16 or detect magic and Spellcraft DC 16:
    It is a potion of cure light wounds.

    What is that elixer? Perception DC 20 or detect magic and Spellcraft DC 20:
    This is an elixir of hiding.

  • Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Meraina detects magic and looks at the potion and elixer

    Spellcraft 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
    Spellcraft 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    Well the first is a simple healing potion, but the other is like weird

    Meraina looks over the tiefling.

    Brie, is that guy dead?

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    GM Screen:

    Stabilize? DC 11: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    Stabilize? DC 12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
    Stabilize? DC 13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    Stabilize? DC 14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
    Stabilize? DC 15: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Heal DC 10:
    He seems to have stabilized on his own.


    Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

    Brie takes her sword and holds it across his mouth, watching as the moisture from his breath leaves its trace.

    "The blood is coagulating and his breathing is quite regular. Just be gentle so you don't open the wounds and he'll be fine. Wonder what his story is. Shall we tie him up and use the potion on him? I'd like a few answers myself. Though," she adds with consideration, "the potion is worth a fair bit. Maybe we should let nature do the healing. Then again, we are in a bit of a hurry, aren't we?" Her voice lilts upward in an obvious plea for persuasion one way or the other. Brie seems quite conflicted, her forehead furrowed with a frown and her mouth twisting to the side as she ponders.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    "Er..I can tell you! Just, don't hurt me!" Tolwin blurts out, before shrinking away from those around him. "He bragged about his plan. Said he was gonna let loose a monster on the jubilee, then in the confusion go steal whatever he wanted!"


    "Sheesh! How can anyone be that greedy? And why did you agree? What was in it for you?"

    She pauses for a moment with a look of alarm on her face, remembering the picture and hoping it had not already happened.

    "You did say, WAS going to release right? The monster is not on its way, RIGHT?"


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

    After the sorceress announces the identity of the one potion, Torgen attempts to identify the other, but can only agree that it is weird.

    "A man with such greedy ambitions undoubtedly has more than one scheme afoot.". Torgen warns. "And just how did he intend to release this creature?" the dwarf asks Tolwin, as he begins cleaning his hammer.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    "N-n-no, he hasn't done it yet! It's still chained up in the cave! At least I hope it is." He sighs and looks extremely dejected. He looks around for Richelle, but she seems to have wisely continued on her way when Meraina's spell wore off. "Me and Richelle, we were just so angry that they banned us from the jubilee. We thought this was a way to get back at them. Guess it was pretty dumb."


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    "I suppose we should go have a look at the beast, then." Torgen concedes. "Still, I wouldn't want these young ones to cause any further trouble."

    He reaches into his backpack and produces manacles and a length of rope. "Anyone care to assist in binding up these troublemaker so they can't harm themselves or anyone else, while I lock up the tiefling?"

    Torgen checks the unconscious attacker, then positions the tiefling's wrists for placement of the manacles. A satisfied look comes across his face when he hears the familiar *click* of the manacles' locking.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    You're easily able to bind the unconscious tiefling (Tolwin tells you his name is Feran), and Tolwin puts up no resistance as you bind him as well. There's no sign of Richelle. Anything else you want to do before entering the cave? Torgen, I suspect you would like some healing. You found one healing potion on Feran, and here's Tolwin's gear:

  • one potion that looks identical to the potion of cure light wounds you found on Feran
  • 5 masterwork arrows
  • 2 tanglefoot bags
  • 2 thunderstones
  • leather armor
  • longbow w/20 arrows
  • longsword (Richelle's longsword is also nearby where she dropped it)
  • 48gp


  • ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    As he finishes binding their foes, a sharp pain reminds Torgen of his recent injuries. Reaching for what he believes to be a healing potion, Torgen says, "If you don't mind I think I could be using this."

    A few gulps later: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    I'm going to assume you drink the other one as well to recover the rest of the 10 damage you took. Everyone ready to head into the cave?


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)
    GM Dennis wrote:
    I'm going to assume you drink the other one as well to recover the rest of the 10 damage you took. Everyone ready to head into the cave?

    The dwarf will keep drinking until told to stop! ; )

    More gulps: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

    Feeling revitalized, Torgen prepares to enter the cave.


    Brie snags the extra arrows with relief, and one of the tanglefoot bags. She has nothing to add to what has been said and is ready to see what kind of monster this is.

    Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    I suggested Richelle return to town and the journey wasnt that harsh - she wil probably be fine.

    Merry nods happily as she casts light and prepares to enter the cave

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    I know Poblano's part of the world is still far from back to normal, so I'll assume Kiliuk is good to proceed as well. He can retcon anything he would have done before entering the cave.

    This rock face towers nearly 30 feet and is punctuated in the middle with the dark opening of a cave mouth. As you enter, the dank scent of moss hangs heavy in the air as the gloom in the cave thickens. Some daylight filters in to the mouth of the cave (the entryway is in low-light), but the caverns receding deeper in on either side are completely dark. If it weren't for Meraina's light spell, which illuminates the area 20ft around her, you would be in darkness as soon as you proceeded in from the entryway. Are you moving quickly through the cave to find the creature, or slowly and carefully?


    Brie leads the way, moving quietly, slowly, and attentively.

    stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
    perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    Torgen resists the urge to go rushing in. After all, these humans likely know nothing of caves.

    He attempts to proceed quietly and attentively.

    Stealth with armor: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 4 = 9
    Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    These cramped corridors smell like fungus and rot. Brie, you hear a thudding sound and a muffled roar from deeper in the cavern.


    "It sure sounds like something large is trying to break out of something. We'd best hurry. No need for stealth - it's making plenty of it."

    With that she changes tactics and bolts towards the source of the sound.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    You bolt deeper into the cavern, toward the sound of the beast. As you come down a sloped section and around a corner, you can see the creature chained to a wall! When it sees you it bellows and lunges forward, snapping the chain!

    What is that thing? Knowledge (local) DC 13:
    This is the infamous Brightbloom Ettin! A large, two-headed humanoid (giant), this seems to be somewhat smaller and weaker than a standard ettin. For every 5 by which you beat the DC you may ask a question about it.

    GM Screen:

    Initiative:
    Brialla: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    Meraina: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
    Kiliuk: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
    Torgen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
    Ettin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    -----

    Initiative!

  • Brialla
  • Torgen
  • ?
  • Kiliuk
  • Meraina

    Brialla and Torgen may act.


  • ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Torgen has no idea what manner of creature he faces, but he knows that it should not be loose!

    He charges ahead and attacks.

    Melee (battleaxe) w charge: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
    damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    would someone please move my token?


    Kn Local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
    Question: Special Defenses

    "No surprise there. That's an ettin, of course, though a bit smaller than the ususal, I would say."

    Predisposed to take things a little more carefully, Brie was going to let the giant come to her. To her surprise the Dwarf takes off like a shot, throwing himself into the creature mid way through her explanation.

    "Oh well."

    Brie follows suit, crossing behind the dwarf and also hits the off-balanced ettin with a heavy swing from her longsword.

    To Hit, fav enemy, charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 25
    damage, fav enemy: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    No special defenses.

    Torgen and Brialla both charge forward, sinking their weapons into the ettin. It roars in pain, blood dripping on the floor as it smashes its flail into Torgen!

    flail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
    damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

    -----

    Initiative!

  • Brialla
  • Torgen
  • ?
  • Kiliuk
  • Meraina

    Whole party may act.


  • Bries sidles to the side, hoping to eventually set up a flank. But the thing is so big she knows that it will take a while to do so.

    "Ouch! Torgen, you are falling into a bad habit there."

    "Too many like that and its going to take more than a potion to revive you."

    To hit longsword: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

    Unfortunately, Brie gets her sword all tangled up in the flail chain and almost loses it when the ettin pulls it back.

    101 to 150 of 159 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [CORE] GM Dennis' - Heroes for Highdelve (CORE) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.