[CORE] GM Dennis - Heroes for Highdelve (CORE) (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Pregens:

  • Brialla, human ranger: PDF | BB Code
  • Meraina, human sorcerer: PDF | BB Code
  • Kiliuk, half-orc barbarian: PDF | BB Code
  • Torgen, dwarf fighter: PDF | BB Code

    ---------------

    MAPS


  • 1 to 50 of 159 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Will you be a Hero for Highdelve?

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    It’s late when your caravan arrives in Highdelve. Most of the travelers are only stopping for dinner before proceeding on to the next town, but you have business here, and so you remain when the wagons pull out again. You’ve gotten to know each other a little bit on the road from Port Ice, though you planned on going your separate ways once you reached town. When you get to the inn, however, you find it unusually crowded. The innkeeper only has one room available, what with the festival tomorrow. If you’re willing to share, though, she has some cots she can set up and there should be room enough for the four of you. As you walk down into the common room for dinner, you find it, too, is more crowded than you would expect. A four-top comes open right as you walk in, though, and almost as soon as you sit the waiter comes by with bowls of stew and mugs of ale for the four of you. While you eat, you have a chance to get to know your new roommates a little better.

    Here’s your chance to introduce your characters and get to know each other a bit.

    Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    The young and red headed Meraina makes her way into the common area after having a nice friendly chat with the serving staff, asking after their clothing and jewelry, making sure to make mental notes of all of their names.

    She finally sits last just as the stew is happening to get cool enough to eat.

    Hello friends, COUSIN. What brings you all to Highdelve? My name is Meraina, from Port Ice. And yours?


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    Receiving a mug of ale, Torgren quietly places it to his lips and takes a few long draughts. Then, without waiting for the stew to cool, he begins to shovel large, spoonfuls of stew into his mouth. He is nearly half finished when the sorceress introduces herself.

    Meraina by Eddv wrote:
    Hello friends, COUSIN. What brings you all to Highdelve? My name is Meraina, from Port Ice. And yours?

    "Torgen," is all the young, golden-bearded dwarf manages to say, at least initially. He continues to eat his stew until the bottom of the bowl becomes visible, then finished the remainder of his drink with a single swallow. Satisfied with his meal, he leans back and gives a pat to the belly that is currently hidden beneath his flowing beard.

    "Of the Skyforgers." he adds, as if that alone was somehow a sufficient explanation of his identity and purpose in the town.

    Grand Lodge

    ”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

    Kiliuk not wanting to waste any time the Half-orc can be over heard asking some of the patrons, serving staff and the innkeeper about a person named Gilda.

    She must have come through here. Some one ought to know at least which way she went! the Barbarian thinks to himself hi inner rage fueling his fervent search. resigning him self he walks over to the table, when he arrives at the table he is humming under his breath along with the minstrel in the corner of the inn.

    Sitting down opposite his kinds most hated enemies Kiliuk Eyes the Dwarf and sets hi Heavy mace across his lap. He cannot hold the serious look for long though when a large smile creases his face as Torgen devours his stew before his has had a chance to cool.

    "Well met Torgen mighty Dwarf of the Sky forgers and you Meraina of the icy north." Kiliuk daintily picks up the spoon and tries his stew seeing if the temperature has cooled enough to eat. "Seems we are still spending some time here together with the festivities are going on." Kiliuk stops a moment to sing along with the minstrel adding his baritone voice to high pitched half elf.


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    Realizing that remaining silent may subject him to the singing of the half-orc for some time, Torgen decides there is little harm in engaging the creature in some conversation.

    Eyeing the half-orc's mace, Torgen remarks, "A sturdy-enough weapon. Though hardly the quality of dwarven-craft. Looking for something sharper?"


    Meraina by Eddv wrote:
    Hello friends, COUSIN. What brings you all to Highdelve? My name is Meraina, from Port Ice. And yours?

    Brialla stops herself before reflexively offering her name. "Oh, stop it Merry. It's not like they haven't supped with each other the whole way here in the caravan! And I know you don't need to know why I've come here!"

    Brialla lounges on the bench like it is a tree limb and she owns it, back resting against the wall, one leg draped over the length of the seat and curled up just before it reaches her cousin, the other sprawled at a 90 degree angle sticking between the legs of the dwarf. She seems uncomfortable on the man-made wooden seat, though, and fidgets frequently. Though normally shy, she knows everyone at the table or she would make more room between herself and the others as you well know from past experience. She usually lets Meraina do the talking for her when around strangers.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Feel free to flash back to more conversation, or continue it going forward. In the interest of a speedy run, I'm going to move us forward into the actual module now that everyone has checked in. MAPS updated.

    Beams of sunlight stream past the snow-capped mountains as a joyous scene spreads before you. Overnight, the town's staid and utilitarian main square sprouted colorful tents, a pop-up theater, a spinning contraption made of half-barrels, some manner of race course, and more unexpected delights. Laughter and boisterous shouts echo from all the square's corners as its quaint cobblestone streets teem with villagers sporting festive clothes and wide smiles. Throughout it all, the smell of fried foods weaves through air laced with the warmth of a summer that's just begun.

    Activities in view:
    A1. Youths stand on and around tall wooden storage boxes, playing some sort of game.
    A2. Lanes have been drawn and sack races are being run.
    A3. A large, gilt statue of a dragon.
    A4. A Barrel-Go-Round ride has been erected.
    A5. A small puppet theater has gathered a crowd.
    A6. A stand sells delicious-smelling fried food on sticks.

    Where would you like to go? You may split up or stay together, your choice.


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    Adhering to his mission, Torgen decides he will begin by trying to look at the contents of the crates. He approaches, the youth, "Well met!" he says as he approaches the youth. "Quite the day for sport." He tries to position himself to get a good look at the wooden boxes and discern any indication as to their point of origin or contents.

    Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


    Brialla tags along with Merry, her long legged strides constantly threatening to overtake her companion and forcing her to interrupt their rhythm with an occasional half skip. She nervously eyes the crowd and starts sweating a bit under the pressure of so many people in one place. Every once in a while she pulls out an arrow and looks for defects, smoothing the fletching and sighting down its length at some imaginary target (most frequently the dragon), a nervous habit anyone who knows her would be familiar with.

    "We should check out the jewelers, Merry."

    If she spots a place to buy arrows, she will want to stop and check out the merchandise.

    Grand Lodge

    ”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

    Thinking to himself, Those gathering about the various food vendors might know something about Gilda, Kiluk makes his way over to the food carts offering a few coins for a collection of all manner of foods.

    "Have you seen Gilda?" he describes his mother from head to toe, some of the clothing she might be wearing. "Where did she go?"

    Although worried he may not get any info on his mother he can still be heard humming along to the bards songs.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    @Brialla (and Meraina?): You glance around at some of the shops off the main square (including several jewelers and weaponsmiths), but all seem to be closed for the festivities.

    -----

    @Torgen:

    Tall wooden storage boxes are haphazardly arranged everywhere here except for a grouping of four, which form a diamond. Rowdy youths pump their fists and cheer on four kids who each stand atop one of these boxes. The standing youths kick a bean-filled sack back and forth. Each time a youth kicks the sack, they all shout a word of the following phrase: "The! Devil! Man! Knocks! Don't! Let! Him! In!"

    As you approach, one of the youths spots you and says "Hey mister, you wanna play?"

    Torgen:
    As far as you can see, none of the crates here bear the Skyforgers mark, or any other indication of being related to your mission.

    -----

    @Kiliuk:

    Buzzing about the multicolored tents here are townspeople eating fried dough and meat skewered on thin sticks. Rich, delicious smells permeate the air as a tall, broad-shouldered man works the crowd, telling snappy jokes and offering friendly handshakes.

    ”Well hi there big fella! You must be a visitor to our fair town! Eh, get it? FAIR town?” He chuckles as he rushes off to greet the next group walking up. The next time he passes by, he says ”Anyway, welcome! What can I getcha? Funnel cake? Corn dog? Fortifies the bones, only one silver!”

    Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Merry looks a bit disappointed as she and Brialla encounter all of the closed shops. But then she remembers the gilded Dragon.

    Betcha whoever made that is gonna know a lot about jewelry!


    "Let's go see if we can find the craftsman's mark on it."

    Brialla (and I assume Merry) go and examine the dragon.

    Grand Lodge

    ”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

    "HA! You are right that was a good one. Names Kiliuk, Kiliuk Korgren. And you are?" Kiliuk boisterous laughter could be heard over the festivities. As the man goes to greet other patrons for a moment. The half-orc looks over all the delectable delights being offered his mouth watering more and more. As the vendor returns Kiliuk digs a gold coin out from his belt and hands it to the vendor. "How about one of each and what can you tell me about any travelers that may have come through here recently?" handing the gold piece to the man he waits rather impatiently for his food and information. He prods further "I'm looking for a woman by the name of Gilda Korgren; she is about ya tall and reddish-brown hair, carries herself as anyone would with a military commander for a father."

    Rolls if need to gather info:

    Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)
    GM Dennis wrote:
    As you approach, one of the youths spots you and says "Hey mister, you wanna play?"

    Torgen pauses and ponders, Its not likely to further my current task... He looks down at his relatively stubby legs. And I'm not likely to be very good at it...

    "Sure, kid." the dwarf says with a smile. "Kick that ole sack of beans over here."

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    @Meraina and Brialla:

    Perception DC 13:
    You notice some loose papers blowing around bearing some sort of notice. Examining one, you see that it bears sketches of a scowling human boy and girl, each about 17, along with the following message: ”Be advised: Richelle and Tolwin, apprentices to Carth Garenth and Yarla Bowhammer, are not permitted at the jubilee. If seen, please turn them away from your events.”

    Fully 10 feet high and twice as long, the centerpiece of the square is a gilt statue of a gold dragon with outstretched wings. A plaque at the base reads: "Highdelve dedicates this statue and all of Protectress Square to Aurelliax, Our Gilded Lady. Long may her golden wings envelop us, and may we never fail her when she calls."

    Standing next to the statue watching a group of children play is a cheerful-looking woman with white hair and ruddy cheeks. She greets you heartily when she spots you approaching. ”Welcome to Highdelve, travelers! My name’s Winette, Winette Qarl. I’m the mayor of this town. Are you having fun at the festival?”

    ----------

    @Kiliuk:

    "Toshi. Nice to meet you, Kiliuk. Gotcher grub comin' right up." The man busies himself plating your fried treats as he continues. "We have a fair bit of traffic coming through here, being on the main road and all. I don't recognize the name of the woman you're looking for, but that doesn't tell you much. 'Fraid I don't generally get to know most of the folks that pass through. The mayor might know, she was over by the statue last I saw." He hands you your food, then pauses to think for a moment. "If it's possible your Gilda does any business in the area, you might talk to Yarla Bowhammer. See the dwarven woman over there running the sack races? That's her. Her shipping company does business with just about everyone 'round these parts."

    ----------

    @Torgen:

    "Ok! My name's Cole, by the way. That's Dabriel, and that's Frieda" he says, pointing to the other two you ready to play. "When the sack gets to you, just kick it along back to me and say the next word." With that, Cole says "The!" as he kicks the sack to Dabriel, who says "Devil!" as he deftly passes it along to Frieda. She yells "Man!" and continues the sack's circuit on to you.

    Make an Acrobatics check, please, and say your line.


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    "Knocks!" Torgen shouts as he tries to give the bag a kick.
    Acrobatics with armor penalty: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Torgen connects, but his kick goes slightly off-target, the sack landing a few fee from Cole. "You almost had it! Let's try again!" Once again, Cole sends it around to Dabriel, and as it makes its way around the circle again you hear the second half of the rhyme, "Don't!"..."Let!"..."Him"... before it comes sailing back toward you.

    Once more.

    Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Merry briefly watches over the children and gives a broad grin. Time to be the people pleaser. Wowee that's a big impressivr statue. I dont think I have ever heard of its subject though.

    She tosses her hair oit stylishly as she introduces herself I am Meriana and this is my Cuz, Bryl. We actually aren't....really here for the festival. Whats the big deal?


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    "In!" Torgen shouts, unsure of his ability.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    @Meraina: "Aurelliax? Well, I suppose you might not have, if you aren't from here. She's our patron and protector, and has been for generations!" The mayor cranes her neck, looking over the crowd. "She's probably here somewhere, in her human form. She never misses a festival. It's our yearly tradition celebrating the end of winter and the blooming of the Brightblooms."

    -----

    @Torgen:Cole lunges to reach your pass, but it once again lands just out of reach. "Ah well, it was a good try! Thanks for playing with us!" The youths seem friendly, no less so for your lack of success in the game.


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    "Thanks for the game. Guess it's just not for dwarves." he says, pointing to his short legs. "Axes are more my sport. Know of any place a man could buy one of quality baroind here?" he asks.


    Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

    While Merry is chatting up the mayor, Brialla secures a notice flitting by her feet with a stab from one of her arrows. Lifting it up to eye level she reads it and asks, "What's the deal with Richy and Tol?"

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    @Torgen:
    Cole shrugs. "Sorry, mister. I don't know anything about axes. You could try Ms. Bowhammer over there," he says, pointing to a dwarven woman standing by the sack races. "She knows all the businesses in town."

    ---------

    @Brialla:
    Winette stiffens a bit as she answers. "Oh, there's not much to tell. Everything 's right as rain now; that's all that matters". She seems reluctant to talk about it.


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    "Thank you, kindly." Torgen responds to the boy, then he makes his way over to the sack races.

    Spying a dwarven woman, he approaches and says to the woman, "Quite the festivities being had when there is work to be done. Don't you think?"

    Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Merry lets out a loud admiring whistle at the statue That's fine goldwork by the craftsperson too! Any chance you could introduce us? I love this sort of thing!

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    @Meraina: "Oh, this statue has been here for generations. I'm not sure who the craftsperson was."

    -----

    @Torgen:

    The cobblestones here are marked with four lanes drawn in chalk. Two men and two women hop like mad in separate lanes, their legs covered with heavy burlap sacks. The crowd waves scarves and paper flowers in the air as they cheer the competitors toward the finish line. The onlookers offer a respectful berth to a well dressed dwarven woman standing confidently at the finish, her hands on hips as if she's overseeing the race.

    "Aye there is work to be done, and having a job to do myself I've no time to chat! I could spare a moment for my competitors, though, if you're inclined. Care to take part in a race?"


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    "I'll admit that I am not the best student of history, My Lady, but I always thought that it t'were the orcs that did the sacking and that it was our kin who fought to stop them from doing so!" he responds with a knowing smile.

    Grand Lodge

    ”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

    Oh Torgen you're funny good thing Kiliuk did not hear ;)

    "Ah thank you Toshi for the food and the information. I must be off." Taking a big bit of the corn dog Kiliuk Smiles wide food in his mouth. "Ish Guud." with a waving of a turkey leg he rustles off to the statue Toshi Mentions.

    Arriving at the statue Kiliuk gulps down the last bits of the Turkey leg, arm full of food he grabs another piece and approaches Meraina "Ahh Merree." swallowing hard on a chunk of fried dough Kiliuk clears his mouth. "Seems like our paths are crossing more today." looking to the mayor Kiliuk addresses her "Well met by Toshi's gesturing earlier you must be the Mayor."

    Assuming Quick Introductions and recap Kiliuk will continue asking questions

    "Mad'am Mayor might you be able to tell me if you have come across a woman named Gilda Korgren? Also as Brialla says What's the deal with this Richelle and Tolwin?"


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)
    Pregen by Poblano wrote:
    Oh Torgen you're funny good thing Kiliuk did not hear ;)

    Surely, you didn't think that only my wizard characters are offensive! ; P

    Although it wasn't my idea, this pregen already came with Hatred!

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    @Kiliuk:"Really, don't trouble yourselves about those two. I've take care of it." It's going to take some convincing to get her to talk about them. "I'm afraid I don't know any Gilda, which means she probably doesn't live in town here. You could check with Yarla Bowhammer, over at the sack races, though. If this Gilda does business anywhere around here, Yarla will know her."

    ------

    @Torgen: Yarla smirks and chuckles before continuing her preparations for the next sack race.


    "Merry, you up for a sack race? I'd be willing to give it a go if you are."

    We probably get some diplomatic bonuses for participating or winning events

    "Thank-you Mrs. Mayor."

    I wonder if that whole dragon thing is true. Not sure I want to meet a dragon, even a good one.

    Merry willing, Brie will enter the sack race.

    Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Merry of course joins her cousin for some classic family reunion action.

    Loser has to buy the first pint tonight!


    "Deal!"


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    "Well, when in Highdelve..." Torgen begins to recite, holding out his hand for a sack.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    "Ah, that's the spirit! I'll tell you what" Yarla says, looking at Torgen, "I'll answer your questions even if you can't beat these young ladies. Heck, even if you lose to that big half-orc over there!"

    Kiliuk, do you want in on this? Anyone who's competing should make me 5 dexterity checks.


    Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
    Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
    Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
    Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    Grand Lodge

    ”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

    Sure. Let's get to hoppong.

    Running over at the last minute Kiliuk grabs a bag and begins hopping down the lane.

    Dex check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
    Dex check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
    Dex check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
    Dex check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
    Dex check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

    After the race Kiliuk will begin asking Yarla some questions about his mother. "That was quite the race! Thank you for letting me play but I have a question for you Yarla. By chance have you had any dealings with a Gilda Korgren?"


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

    For a moment, Torgren starts to think that he's got the hang of it, but then falters.


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    Looking over at his competition, Torgen mentally consoles himself, Well, at least, it seems that I have not lost to the orc!

    At the conclusion of the race, he says to Yarla, "Sacks have their use, but I am searching for a few items made by dwarven hands, axes in particular. Do you know where one may be likely to come by such goods?"

    He pauses for her to respond, then inquires further, "And would your response be the same if one wanted to come by goods in a more, shall we say... discreet manner?"


    Botting for Meraina:

    Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
    Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
    Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Kiliuk stumbles out of the gate, recovering for a few moments before tripping and losing the pace. Brialla falls as soon as the race is begun, and though she gets up and speeds along, she never really catches up. Torgen accelerates as he goes, but it's not enough. Meraina leaps out to a flying start, only stumbling for a moment as she turns and smirks at her cousin before recovering and easily outpacing her friends to the finish line!

    It was a race to 3 DC 14 checks. I'll get your questions answered when I get home.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    "Alright folks, let's take a five minute break" the dwarf announces to the crowd before joining you at the finish line to collect your sacks. "Well, that was a proper race! Thanks for takin' part. Now, I believe you folks had some questions." She thinks back for a moment before continuing. "Now, you were asking about someone by the name of Gilda, right? I can't say for certain that's her last name, there's a woman named Gilda who's made a name for herself sewing exquisite outfits in Grayhaven. I don't know that her family name is Korgren, but my apprentice , Tolwin, would know. He keeps the records of all the artisans we do business with." Next she turns to Torgen. "Now, I don't know what you're getting at with all that hinting, young man, but I'm an honest business-woman. There are some weapon shops here in town, but if you're looking for something special, or for wholesale, I may be able to help you. My company does business shipping the finest wares that come through these parts! What in particular are you looking for?"


    ”Torgen” Male LN dwarf fighter 1
    Attacks:
    battleaxe/warhammer +4 or +0/+0 (1d8+3/x3); light crossbow +3 (1d8/19-20)
    | HP 13/13 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 (20 vs bull rush/trip) | F +4, R +2, W +1 (+2 vs poison/spell/spell-like) | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
    Skills:
    Acrobatics -2, Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +2 (+4 to notice unusual stonework)

    "I am looking for a fine axe or three, ones of dwarven make." Torgen responds.


    Brie laughs as she watches everyone hop around in sacks, particularly the stubby dwarf (who knew dwarves could hop?) and ends the race in a giggling heap yards from the finish line.

    After the race, once she extracts herself from the sack, Brie nudges Merry and whispers, "Ask about the ring."

    Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Meriana makes a wry smile at Brie Oh yes of course!

    She is a little frustrated at her loss after her hot start but tries to hide her frustration in the biggrst fakest smile she can manage.

    We are actually looking for a local jeweler...this ring of our family's. It was a very distinctive signet ring but...our family has lost it. Please if you know of a local jeweler who makes such things you would be doing our family a major favor.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates
    Torgen the Dwarf Fighter wrote:
    "I am looking for a fine axe or three, ones of dwarven make." Torgen responds.

    "Hm, I doubt anyone in town has anything like that in stock. Hm...If my memory serves, a shipment of some fancy gear did come through here recently, though I can't remember the details off the top of my head. Unfortunately, my apprentice, Tolwin, keeps those records, and he's not at the jubilee this year- the fool boy got mixed up in some effort to rig the Bloomgivers' election in his favor. You'll have to come back tomorrow, when you can bet that I'll be sending him up these buildings to take down the winter shutters, though I'm happy to make him sift through the records first."

    Meraina by Eddv wrote:
    We are actually looking for a local jeweler...this ring of our family's. It was a very distinctive signet ring but...our family has lost it. Please if you know of a local jeweler who makes such things you would be doing our family a major favor.

    "Sure. Carth Garenth's your man for a custom job like that. Making jewelry to order is his specialty. I think he's over working the puppet-show stage today."


    "Thank-you. I guess its time to watch some puppets."

    Brie heads on over to the puppet show.

    Dark Archive

    ”Meraina” Female CG human sorcerer 1[/ooc | HP 8/8 | [ooc]AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 13 | F +1, R +2, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

    Merry joins her cousin, excited to have a lead.

    1 to 50 of 159 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [CORE] GM Dennis' - Heroes for Highdelve (CORE) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.