By Fang, Fur, Claw, Feather, and Scale! - A Classic Greyhawk Lycanthrope Pathfinder Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Harry

Gnarley Forest Bandit Encounter

Gnarley Forest

Narwell

Perception:

Rhun [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
Igdus [dice]1d20+10[/dice]
Tobar [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Raze [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
Vaki [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Valar [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Gerwyn [dice]1d20+10[/dice]

Initiative:

Vaki [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Fenrarem [dice]1d20+3[/dice] +2 More In Forest
Gerwyn [dice]1d20[/dice]
Griswold [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Igdus [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Rhun [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Tobar [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Valar [dice]1d20+2[/dice]


751 to 800 of 854 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

M Human Shifter 2

"I likewise agree," Tobar said, "Besides, I don't think they stole anything so the brand wouldn't make sense."


Male Human Werebat Harbinger 1/Stalker 1

"We could hang them, but I would rather not waste the rope." Vaki says nonchalantly, as he goes about reliving the bandits of their weapons, armor, and any other gear they might have.


Female Kitsune Werebat HP 20
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/13/14 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+6/+1 | Init +3
Skills:
Acrobatics 3/7, Bluff 4, Disable Device 4/6, Disguise 26, Fly 8/10, Handle Animal 3, Intimidate 4, Perception 6, Stealth 4/6, Survival 5, Kn(Engineering) 8, Kn(Local) 8, Craft (Alchemy) 8
Gunslinger (Mechanist) 2
Tobar Zindelo wrote:
"I likewise agree," Tobar said, "Besides, I don't think they stole anything so the brand wouldn't make sense."

"You do realize that after killing us, they planned on robbing the wagons blind?" Rhun rolls her eyes.


Male Triaxian, Natural Werecat. Fey Druid (Tree ghost), HP:17/17 l AC: 15 T: 13 FF: 12 l Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +7 l CMB: +2, CMD: 15 l Superior Low Light Vision, Scent, Perception +11, Survival +9 initiative +3/5(Favored Terrain Forest)

Fenrarem chuckles aloud when he hears Rhun's suggestions for how to deal with the bandits.

Ahh, how bloodthirsty. Nothing like a woman who likes to get her hands dirty once in a while.

Turning to address Rhun and the party at large, Fenrarem smiles a little sardonically.

''As much as I might think it would be most appropriate to brand these cut-throats as the thieves they are, I believe that Igdus and Griswold have the right of it.'' Fenrarem nods at the two in question.''I say we tie the bandits up and guard them. We can turn them in to the local authorities once we leave the woods. We might even be able to negotiate some kind of reward for our efforts. An dif they don't like our hospitality and try to run.....''

He trails off as he drags his thumb across his neck.


M Human Shifter 2

"Are thoughts a crime?" Tobar asks of Rhun.


Female Kitsune Werebat HP 20
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/13/14 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+6/+1 | Init +3
Skills:
Acrobatics 3/7, Bluff 4, Disable Device 4/6, Disguise 26, Fly 8/10, Handle Animal 3, Intimidate 4, Perception 6, Stealth 4/6, Survival 5, Kn(Engineering) 8, Kn(Local) 8, Craft (Alchemy) 8
Gunslinger (Mechanist) 2

"They are when you act on them, you idiot. They tried to kill us to rob the convoy, that makes them thieves!" Rhun says, looking at Tobar as if he had a mushroom growing out of his forehead. "If they just looked at us and thought 'ooh, I bet we could rob them' then that would not be a crime. But firing arrows at us with the intention to put them through our vital organs and then take our stuff makes them thieves."


Male Human Natural Werehawk Incanter 2

"Killing them in our custody once they have surrendered would be murder. Committing one crime for the attempt of another makes as much sense as punishing them for one yet committed. If it's decided and our employers have nothing to add, we have work to do."

He looks over the collected spoils, they had to have some food. They didn't need more of their resources being drained. Just because they were spared did not mean they needed to feed them. A few days without food would not kill them and likely make them better prisoners, if they lacked any of their own.


M Human Shifter 2

"No, then they are guilty of assault, not robbery. Perhaps I missed when they said 'This is a stick up' or 'give us all your stuff', but for all we know they have only committed assault, attempted murder at worst. Not that I care what we do to them, I'm just making a point of order." He holds his hands up and shrugs his shoulders. "But I agree with Igdus on this one."


Male Human Werewolf Shifter 2 | HP 17/17| AC: 13 T: 10 Fl: 13 | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F +5 R +3 W +4 | Init +0 | Perc: +11 |Current Shifts:

"Right," Gerwyn agrees, glad the less-bloodthirsty ideas are prevailing. "Tie them up and deliver them to the town guard."


Male Human Werebat Harbinger 1/Stalker 1

"Kill them or not, either way let's stop discussing it. If you want, I'll execute them, should the rest of you not have the stomach for it. " Vaki says, looking up from where he had been sorting the gear the bandits had on them.


Female Kitsune Werebat HP 20
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/13/14 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+6/+1 | Init +3
Skills:
Acrobatics 3/7, Bluff 4, Disable Device 4/6, Disguise 26, Fly 8/10, Handle Animal 3, Intimidate 4, Perception 6, Stealth 4/6, Survival 5, Kn(Engineering) 8, Kn(Local) 8, Craft (Alchemy) 8
Gunslinger (Mechanist) 2

Rhun rolls her eyes. "Oh, sure, they was jest minding their own bidness, we jes got in the way of their arrow turny, no doubt." She waves a hand and stalks off.

Once she's a few feet away, she grins, and whistles silently. At least there will be no out and out murders tonight. It's funny how males always move to 'tie them up and turn them in' when you start commenting about cutting off the family jewels of the prisoners. Otherwise, they'd be all for gutting them and leaving them there. She thought to herself. And good lord, how dim witted do you have to be not to recognize bandits?

She finds her protege, and makes sure the woman is unharmed, and then cleans her weapon.


Shadow's Status

557 CY - 12th Day of Coldeven - Gnarley Forest11th Night of the Trip

Many, but not all, of the daytime guards finally have weapons at the ready and seem relieved that the fighting is already over.

As Marya is about to speak the Merchant makes an appearance, "Excellent work. I see a bonus at the end of this trip for the night guardsmen". He turns to his bodyguards, "Place them in the wagon. You can question that at your leisure.

The spoils of their bounty are yours. Should you choose to divvy them up with your fellow guards, I leave you to decide".

The daytime guards react with a mixed bag based on their facial expressions but none speak, after all, none of them bled or even swung a sword during the fight.

LOOT:
Weapons: 6 sets of leather armor, 8 daggers, 6 longbows, 27 sheaf arrows, 2 longswords, 2 battle axes, 2 short swords, and 1 warhammer. Gear: 10 wine and waterskins, 4 50' lengths of hemp rope, 25 days of rations, 8 whetstones, 6 quivers, 47 torches, 6 sets of flint and steel, 5 caltrops, 1 crowbar, 6 backpacks, 6 bedrolls, 6 blankets, 2 (large) tents. Treasure: 285 GP, 360 SP, 480 CP. 1 Diamond. 1 Emerald.

The gear is piled up of that there is no doubt.

Pause here to see if there are reactions to the Merchants order before I move on.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Werebat Harbinger 1/Stalker 1

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Sense Motive on the merchant, does he mean the same wagon the corpse was removed from?

Vaki sets aside a trio of daggers. "I will be keeping these for myself. I have no need for the other weapons. Rhun, why don't you give your friend one of the bows? I can teach her to use it, if you want, this way she help us from afar as well as close up."

He looks around at the guards from the day shift "While none of you were at all helpful in this fight, I see no reason to not offer you any of the weapons here, should my night shift companions not want them."

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Sleight of Hand As he's talking, Vaki palms the diamond.


Female Kitsune Werebat HP 20
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/13/14 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+6/+1 | Init +3
Skills:
Acrobatics 3/7, Bluff 4, Disable Device 4/6, Disguise 26, Fly 8/10, Handle Animal 3, Intimidate 4, Perception 6, Stealth 4/6, Survival 5, Kn(Engineering) 8, Kn(Local) 8, Craft (Alchemy) 8
Gunslinger (Mechanist) 2

Rhun eyes the assembled group, seeing which way the wind blows, one hand on her pistol. "Not a bad suggestion, Vaki. Set one aside for her. I'll feel more comfortable with more people to defend us against bandits and other dangers."

I'd bet money on it. Just an OOC note, Rhun is not going to go along with any sacrificial stuff. Not to be a primadonna, but it won't happen.


Male Triaxian, Natural Werecat. Fey Druid (Tree ghost), HP:17/17 l AC: 15 T: 13 FF: 12 l Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +7 l CMB: +2, CMD: 15 l Superior Low Light Vision, Scent, Perception +11, Survival +9 initiative +3/5(Favored Terrain Forest)

Fenrarem examines the collection of weapons but thnks it unlikely he will take any, not being proficient with most. He casts a quick spell to allow his eyes to detect magic just in case, but bandits roaming the woods are unlikely to carry magic goods.

DM Lycan:
If any are magical, Fenrarem will keep the info to himself for now.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 = 18 Damn, so close

Turning to regard the merchant after he makes his proclamation, Fenrarem's eyes narrow a little in distaste.

He turns to regard Griswold then his eyes shift back to the merchant.

This is not going to end well.

He addresses Vaki without turning his eyes from the merchant.

''Yes Vaki, I concur. We took down the bandits and I for one agree what we have taken from them should remain ours.''


M Human Shifter 2

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

"Hmm, I'm not much good at using most of this, except at selling the trade goods."


Male Triaxian, Natural Werecat. Fey Druid (Tree ghost), HP:17/17 l AC: 15 T: 13 FF: 12 l Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +7 l CMB: +2, CMD: 15 l Superior Low Light Vision, Scent, Perception +11, Survival +9 initiative +3/5(Favored Terrain Forest)

Fenrarem turns to Tobar with a small smiles on his face.

''Then truly you possess the most powerful skill of us all.''


Male Human Natural Werehawk Incanter 2

Perception DC 25: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

"I have no use for much of this. The monies should be an even cut for us. While I have no objection to loaning what we do not use. I see no point in giving away anything that can be sold when we get to town."

If the daytime guards had proven useful he would have offered a fair share. But those that do not hunt and contribute nothing will starve, not be rewarded for their inaction.

Igdus catches the bat's act. He points to the offending hand.

"You can leave that diamond your trying to palm. It would be best that what can not be valued out here be left with Maya, to be converted later for equal shares."

He did not know if the man was insulting him or not. Considering he had seen nearly every danger they came across, some they did not. What else could it be to make the attempt in his presence. Then again he just gambled with trust out of greed. An unwise thing to do, perhaps more so with this group.


Male Human Werewolf Shifter 2 | HP 17/17| AC: 13 T: 10 Fl: 13 | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F +5 R +3 W +4 | Init +0 | Perc: +11 |Current Shifts:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

"I don't think I need any of the gear..." Gerwyn starts, only to be brought up short by Igdus accusing Vaki. He looks at Vaki with a shocked look, having missed it himself.


Female Kitsune Werebat HP 20
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/13/14 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+6/+1 | Init +3
Skills:
Acrobatics 3/7, Bluff 4, Disable Device 4/6, Disguise 26, Fly 8/10, Handle Animal 3, Intimidate 4, Perception 6, Stealth 4/6, Survival 5, Kn(Engineering) 8, Kn(Local) 8, Craft (Alchemy) 8
Gunslinger (Mechanist) 2

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Human Werebat Harbinger 1/Stalker 1

Vaki bounces the diamond around in his hand a few times, making it obvious what he's doing. "Just trying to keep in practice. You're the only one who saw me, so I must be getting better." He gives the diamond one last good spin on the tip of his finger, and lets it tumble back amongst the coinage.


Male Human Moonlight Meditant 2

Satisfied that he and Raze had successfully captured a bandit, thus validating the fact that Valaronex was indeed contributing to the pack and the mission! ... Sure it wasn’t much, and he didn’t do it alone nor was he the only one... but it was a fricking start, and Valar would take that thank you very much.

Afterwards, when they began discussing what to do with the bandits, Valar stayed silent. Not because he didn’t have his own opinions... but because he was curious what the others thought, how they wanted to deal with the bandits. How one punished criminals or wanted to punish them, said a lot about a person and Valar felt it was important to glean these insights about the others...

Even if the sheer variety in Rhun’s suggestion got a brief smirk from him. As did Griswold’s quip about having a good axe arm... still, it seemed that the group had a consensus. Bind and strip the bandits of any gear they had, letting the bandits chance the forest if they really wanted to... or the mercies of civilization and its laws. Harsh choice for harsh crimes... Valar approved.

As for the loot, and Vaki trying to palm a diamond? Valar arched an eyebrow at him but said nothing in response to his claims. Simply turning to address his own desires in regards to the loot. “I wouldn’t mind some of their gear, like the caltrops and crowbar. More rope and a personal tent won’t hurt either. Even if the tents seem a bit big for just one.”


Female Kitsune Werebat HP 20
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/13/14 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+6/+1 | Init +3
Skills:
Acrobatics 3/7, Bluff 4, Disable Device 4/6, Disguise 26, Fly 8/10, Handle Animal 3, Intimidate 4, Perception 6, Stealth 4/6, Survival 5, Kn(Engineering) 8, Kn(Local) 8, Craft (Alchemy) 8
Gunslinger (Mechanist) 2

Valaronex, you missed quite a bit. The 'wagon' the caravan leader wants them put into has vampires or some other blood sucker type in it, and the last prisoners we put in there were drained of blood over a few days and then the guards snuck out in the middle of the night and burned the bodies in the woods


Male Moutain Dwarf, Natural Bear Lycanthrope Spell-less ranger (Dual-style) 2 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +3 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +4| Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Lowlight vision, Stonecunning, Perception: +7 , Survival +9 .

Griswold over to the hoard, he takes 6 bottles of wine, a bedroll, blanket and lastly a battleaxe and the warhammer.

"This should be good as far as gear goes."

He looks back to the pile and his companions, "I say we give what we don't need to the lads, better it gets used than rot and get rusted. Anyways, I'm sure those bandits are going to make great friends with those gnolls in captivity."


Shadow's Status

557 CY - 12th Day of Coldeven - Gnarley Forest11th Night of the Trip

Yes Vaki, he certainly does mean the wagon from which the Gnoll corpses were removed.

Marya nods at Igdus, "The value is to be split among all guards. I am fine with you taking what you want from the pile now, the rest can be split. After all, you've all earned it."

The rest of the guards do not grumble, either they are satisfied with getting anything or Marya has them all cowed into shutting up if they're not satisfied.

The two bodyguards approach and pick up two of the Bandits with ease...


Female Kitsune Werebat HP 20
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/13/14 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+6/+1 | Init +3
Skills:
Acrobatics 3/7, Bluff 4, Disable Device 4/6, Disguise 26, Fly 8/10, Handle Animal 3, Intimidate 4, Perception 6, Stealth 4/6, Survival 5, Kn(Engineering) 8, Kn(Local) 8, Craft (Alchemy) 8
Gunslinger (Mechanist) 2

Rhun spits, when Marya is agreeable, and steps closer to her. "We need another talk, tonight. I am not ok with this." She whispers into Marya's ear, and then stalks off.


Male Human Werewolf Shifter 2 | HP 17/17| AC: 13 T: 10 Fl: 13 | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F +5 R +3 W +4 | Init +0 | Perc: +11 |Current Shifts:

Gerwyn shudders a bit as the bodyguards start dragging bandits off. He didn't feel right at all about letting this go on, but what could he do? It didn't seem like any of the others cared. His experience with lycanthropes was that most of them were almost as bad as vampires. He certainly didn't trust any of these others to do anything other than pursue their goal. He supposed maybe the other human guards might be willing to do something, but they were just human. What would they be able to do?

Almost subconsciously, he drifted over to Griswold. The tough dwarf was new to the group, but Gerwyn felt a certain kinship with him, being a fellow dweller of the forest.

"I don't like that," he whispers when he reaches the ranger, nodding at the guards dragging off the bandits. "Not after what happened to the gnoll."


Male Moutain Dwarf, Natural Bear Lycanthrope Spell-less ranger (Dual-style) 2 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +3 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +4| Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Lowlight vision, Stonecunning, Perception: +7 , Survival +9 .

Griswold looks out the corner of his beady eye to Gerwyn, he whispers to him,"aye lad, neither do I. At the moment we need to play his game, best we can do is look out for the rest of the caravan. He'll be likely to turn on the innocent soon enough."

He gathers his share from the hoard,"keep your eyes high and your ear to the ground." Griswold mutters to Gerwyn as he walks by him.


Male Triaxian, Natural Werecat. Fey Druid (Tree ghost), HP:17/17 l AC: 15 T: 13 FF: 12 l Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +7 l CMB: +2, CMD: 15 l Superior Low Light Vision, Scent, Perception +11, Survival +9 initiative +3/5(Favored Terrain Forest)

Seeing Gerwyn speaking with Griswold Fenrarem decides to approach the pair.

When he stands next to them he lowers his voice.

''Shameful waste.'' He says as he gestures at the guards and bandits with his head. ''It is one thing to kill another in the heat of battle, the blood pumping through you and and the hunt on you. This is just shameful though.''

He turns to address Gerwyn now.

''Gerwyn, how is your wound? Still hurting? I wasn't sure if my magic was enough to close it completely.''

Dunno if you noticed/remembered but i healed you for 9 points during the fight. Your Alias still shows you with dmg so I thought you might have missed it.


Male Human Werewolf Shifter 2 | HP 17/17| AC: 13 T: 10 Fl: 13 | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F +5 R +3 W +4 | Init +0 | Perc: +11 |Current Shifts:

Ah, thank you, I had forgotten to record that

Gerwyn nods at Fenrarem's statement, then answers, "Much better, thank you."

He hesitates a moment, then adds, "You're a druid, right? I've spent some time with a few other druids in the Gnarley."


Male Triaxian, Natural Werecat. Fey Druid (Tree ghost), HP:17/17 l AC: 15 T: 13 FF: 12 l Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +7 l CMB: +2, CMD: 15 l Superior Low Light Vision, Scent, Perception +11, Survival +9 initiative +3/5(Favored Terrain Forest)

Fenrarem merely nods at Gerwyn's thanks and regards him for a few moments before answering.

''Yes, I am a druid, surely that was obvious from the walking tree?'' He smirks slightly but his tone suggests he is just teasing. ''If not I am sure the surly degenerate''He indicates Griswold with a thumb over his shoulder ''has mentioned that a time or three. I was an apprentice to a druid named Greentoes who was himself an apprentice of the Archdruid. I admit however that I've not spent a lot of time among druids other than Greentoes. He was very solitary and I am still not accustomed to the people of this plane. Groot and Griswold are the closest Ive come to having friends since I arrived here.''


Male Human Werewolf Shifter 2 | HP 17/17| AC: 13 T: 10 Fl: 13 | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F +5 R +3 W +4 | Init +0 | Perc: +11 |Current Shifts:

Gerwyn grins. "I suppose that does make it obvious," he agrees. "I always liked talking with the druids. It was much nicer than..."

He catches himself and hastily changes what he was about to say. "Than some of the other people in the Gnarley. I always liked learning about the plants and creatures of the forest."


Shadow's Status

557 CY - 12th Day of Coldeven - Gnarley Forest11th Night of the Trip

Fenrarem, Gerwyn, and Griswold come together to converse among themselves. As they do so the human guards begin to get back to their bedrolls and sleep.

The prisoners are thrown in the wagons, tied up and their mouths bound. The bodyguards take positions near the wagon as the Merchant heads inot his own sleeping wagon.

The rest of you watch Rhun stalk off, clearly upset, Marya follows her into the woods.

You may follow if you wish.

Once the ladies are out of earshot,

Rhun +:
Marya follows you and after a safe distance speaks, "What exactly is it you're not "ok" with?" The look on her face is a hard one.


Male Human Werebat Harbinger 1/Stalker 1

It takes several long moments of indecision on Vaki's part, but eventually he follows Rhun, wanting to watch his 'cousins' back. He didn't overly trust Marya. He stays off to the side, in the shadows.

Not actually hiding.


Female Kitsune Werebat HP 20
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/13/14 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+6/+1 | Init +3
Skills:
Acrobatics 3/7, Bluff 4, Disable Device 4/6, Disguise 26, Fly 8/10, Handle Animal 3, Intimidate 4, Perception 6, Stealth 4/6, Survival 5, Kn(Engineering) 8, Kn(Local) 8, Craft (Alchemy) 8
Gunslinger (Mechanist) 2

Rhun stares her down. "You're screwing up our mission. The whole point of our mission is to make ourselves heroes by cleaning out the dangers, so we become the defacto protectors of the area, and can get on with the non-shifters. By aiding and abetting these things, you are undermining the entire purpose of our mission. You idiot. You think this won't get out? Those things are moving out here for a reason, likely to set up a feeding ground. We'll either have to let them run amok or fight them and their new underlings later. And it will get out that we freaking escorted them out here, and then we'll be right back in the mess we were in already, with everyone assuming we are murdering monsters again. Anything we do will be seen as just 'cover' for protecting our 'allies' that we escorted out. If you've got your muzzle to far up your arse to smell that, then you were the wrong person to lead this mission, and the council, including me, screwed up badly, approving you to lead it."


Male Moutain Dwarf, Natural Bear Lycanthrope Spell-less ranger (Dual-style) 2 | HP: 23/23 | AC: 17 T: 12 FF: 15 | Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +3 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +4| Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Lowlight vision, Stonecunning, Perception: +7 , Survival +9 .

"Aye what the fresh sodding hell have I gotten myself into?!" Griswold shakes his head and drinks that last bit of liquor from his flask.

Sod the gods! It's empty. Long trip and a dry one at that, I'm gonna kill someone I swear it.


Male Human Werewolf Shifter 2 | HP 17/17| AC: 13 T: 10 Fl: 13 | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F +5 R +3 W +4 | Init +0 | Perc: +11 |Current Shifts:

Gerwyn almost goes after Rhun, but stops, not wanting to butt in on something he wasn't invited into.

Instead he stayed with Griswold and Fenrarem. He shakes his head at Griswold's exclamation. "I don't know," he admits in a whisper. "I just wish... we knew for sure what's in there."

He nods at the wagon the prisoners were kept in.


Shadow's Status

557 CY - 12th Day of Coldeven - Gnarley Forest11th Night of the Trip

Rhun + Vaki:
Marya narrows her eyes at you, "What the f##% are you taking about? We are making great progress. Not a single death, a damsel in distress rescued from the dark forest. Bandits and Gnolls slain and prevented from preying on further caravans. Helping out travelers in need.

What the hell else do you think we need to do out here?"

---

The Rest of the Group Back at Camp

Perception DC 25:
You hear from within one of the wagons a slight "POP" sound. An odd sound to be sure.


M Human Shifter 2

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Human Werewolf Shifter 2 | HP 17/17| AC: 13 T: 10 Fl: 13 | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F +5 R +3 W +4 | Init +0 | Perc: +11 |Current Shifts:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 Nice!

Gerwyn perks up and looks at the others. "Did you hear that?" he asks, quietly. "From... that wagon," he points at the wagon. "Something's going on."

He warily approaches the wagon in question.


Male Human Natural Werehawk Incanter 2

Igdus shakes his head at Gerwyn.

"Leave it. It's not our business what goes on inside the wagon. More so the merchants guards will stop you or have words for you after if your lucky. Worse if your not, they'll be in the right at that. Wait for Marya, we don't need to start trouble behind her back."

They needed to get to their destination quickly. The sooner the questionable cargo was delivered the better for all involved. The Gnarley most of all, the home of his people.


Male Human Werewolf Shifter 2 | HP 17/17| AC: 13 T: 10 Fl: 13 | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F +5 R +3 W +4 | Init +0 | Perc: +11 |Current Shifts:

My impression was it wasn't from *that* wagon


Male Human Natural Werehawk Incanter 2

I expect the only wagon making sounds would be those we are not supposed to go in. But DM clarification please. :)


Female Kitsune Werebat HP 20
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/13/14 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+6/+1 | Init +3
Skills:
Acrobatics 3/7, Bluff 4, Disable Device 4/6, Disguise 26, Fly 8/10, Handle Animal 3, Intimidate 4, Perception 6, Stealth 4/6, Survival 5, Kn(Engineering) 8, Kn(Local) 8, Craft (Alchemy) 8
Gunslinger (Mechanist) 2

Vaki, Marya, anyone else who went out with them:

Rhun spits on the ground. "Damn werewolves, you don't think about tomorrow. Only today and yesterday. Let me say it again in slow small words. It does not matter how many good things we do today or yesterday, or even tomorrow, when the humans find out next year or two years from now that we brought out something nasty and dangerous to them. They'll assume everything we did was just to make it easier to sneak the vampires or cultists or whatever it is in that wagon out with us. No deaths of the people who were bringing out the vampires or whatever, check, something the vampires wanted. Rescuing the damsel in distress? Check, same deal, she was important to the vampires. Bandits & Gnolls? They attacked the vampires, had to be destroyed, check. Helping out travelers in need? Food source, cuts down on questions and extra food source, check. Everything we do can be undermined when people find out we helped those things. Are you really too short sighted to see that?"


Shadow's Status
Igdus wrote:
I expect the only wagon making sounds would be those we are not supposed to go in. But DM clarification please. :)

Oh it's from THAT wagon, sorry if I was unclear.

Let me know if that changes your action Gerwyn.


Shadow's Status

557 CY - 12th Day of Coldeven - Gnarley Forest11th Night of the Trip

Rhun & Vaki:
Marya begins to growl, a voice from the shadows stills her, "My dear. Be still. In fact, better yet, head to camp I will speak with dear Rhun". A figure steps out of the shadows, it's the Merchant.

Marya stalks off back to the camp without uttering another word.

The Merchant grins at Rhun, "My my my. So very clever. Your argument stacks inference upon inference but I suppose its logic is sound enough. Humans are so dreadfully predictable aren't they? Jumping to wild conclusions.

Now tell me, what do you think is in my wagon?"

Vaki & Rhun Perception DC 22:
It looks like and sounds like the Merchant but it does not quite smell like him.


Male Human Werebat Harbinger 1/Stalker 1

What did we decide on regarding if we got scent or not?


Male Human Werewolf Shifter 2 | HP 17/17| AC: 13 T: 10 Fl: 13 | CMB: +4 CMD: 14 | F +5 R +3 W +4 | Init +0 | Perc: +11 |Current Shifts:

Yeah, that will change things a bit.

Gerwyn hesitates at Igdus's words. "Right, but... what if..."

He trails off, looking at the other guards.


Female Kitsune Werebat HP 20
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 17/13/14 | Fort/Ref/Will +5/+6/+1 | Init +3
Skills:
Acrobatics 3/7, Bluff 4, Disable Device 4/6, Disguise 26, Fly 8/10, Handle Animal 3, Intimidate 4, Perception 6, Stealth 4/6, Survival 5, Kn(Engineering) 8, Kn(Local) 8, Craft (Alchemy) 8
Gunslinger (Mechanist) 2

GM & Vaki:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Rhun shrugs. "Don't know, don't care."

Rhun then turns, having a bad feeling about this, and bolts into the woods in a flat run. Don't know what the perception check was for, but Marya taking orders from the Merchant so meekly has Rhun's hackles up. Especially since the Merchant is not supposed to know who/what we are, yet Marya didn't blink an eye at him obviously hearing our conversation, which should have netted him a gutting.


Male Triaxian, Natural Werecat. Fey Druid (Tree ghost), HP:17/17 l AC: 15 T: 13 FF: 12 l Fort: +5, Ref: +3, Will: +7 l CMB: +2, CMD: 15 l Superior Low Light Vision, Scent, Perception +11, Survival +9 initiative +3/5(Favored Terrain Forest)

Fenrarem smiles sardonically when Griswold makes his exclamation.

''I wonder what I have gotten myself into every day, since I met you if it makes you feel any better.''

He smiles slightly giving the impression that he is not wholly serious.

He hears the sounds from the wagon just as Gerwyn does but places his hand on the other man;s shoulder when he looks like he might head towards the wagon.

Fenrarem finds himself nodding after Igdus warns Gerwyn away from the wagon.

''Igdus has a point, there is no need to interfere thus far, best not to alienate the merchant fro no reason.''

He tries to sound nonchalant about the issue but it is obvious he is not exactly happy about the situation.

751 to 800 of 854 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / By Fang, Fur, Claw, Feather, and Scale! - A Classic Greyhawk Lycanthrope Pathfinder Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.