Beacons of Hope: Wrath of the Righteous!

Game Master JohnnyBlack

The Grey Garrison Map
Aberu's Loot Spreadsheet
Old Loot Spreadsheet


1,951 to 2,000 of 3,077 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Thanks for the clarification. I'll do the dismissal and the move but not study the vermlek yet. Sorry about the confusion.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels
Telerin Quenya wrote:
1950 posts :)

Slow and steady!

No problem Arloric.

Telerin, the fog dissipates, what do you wanna do?


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

She will cast daze at the creature
DC 13 Will save


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Red Branch looks on.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Behind the DM screen:

Roll roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Roll roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The fiend, whether by predilection or by innate power, resists Telerin's spell. With a screech it attempts to raise up its unholy power again, but the press of so many holy warriors on all sides causes it to stumble back against the wall and it is unable to complete its gestures.

Spell-like ability disrupted. You guys are up again! Got lucky there!


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric stares at the vermlek, watching its movements like a snake watching a mouse. And like a snake, he strikes like lightning!

Using studied target on the vermlek to gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage to it.

Longsword Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Arloric hits fast and hard, not enough to fell the demon, but enough to make it twitch away!


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

Uriel steps forward and attacks.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56+10| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 13/14

Kelly slips around the demon, then stabs wildly at the monster!
5ft step to flank with Uriel
Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus moves to make way for Kelly, then swings again.

Attack (melee): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Confirm critical?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage? (scimitar): 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (6) + 1 = 10


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Uriel steps forward but his swing catches against the side of the building as he tries to avoid the demon's polearm. Kelly stabs and her sword poinks into the demon's hide, but as quickly as it comes out the hole seals up! Aberus manages a brutal slash that cuts into the flabby flesh of the bodysuit.

Telerin and Merlin's turn! Daze didn't seem to work.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin sees the fog dissipate. The soldier boldly steps to the filth and swings.

Melee scimitar divine favor: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 26
damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17
crit damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

The bloated corpse surrounding the worm starts to split as the creature rips free of the body, and Merlin takes the opportunity to swing his scimitar precisely at the head of the demon as it erupts from the cadaver. His blade slices through the circular mouth and cuts off a huge chunk. As the creature writhes and tries to slide out of the body despite its injury, the team stabs it with spear and sword, finishing it off.

COMBAT OVER - Fortunately they don't regenerate like actual flatworms, I guess?

The broken bodies of the two poor men collapse with the writhing worms half-extruded from them. A horrible fate, but at least they are no longer puppeteered husks.

Now you're faced with another problem: The front door is locked. The only other obvious way in is a small shutter about 15' up the wall to the left of the doors, which would be quite a pain to reach (the wall itself is smooth and painted, not easy to climb).


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin stoically cleans his scimitar on the corpse's cloak, replacing the sword in it's sheath. Stowing his shield over his shoulder, he checks out the door.

Guidance, please.

perception: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 = 15

Merlin then straightens his shoulders and he begins working on the lock.

Taking 20 for 28 disable device. I really need some masterwork tools!...lol.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

In spite of his best efforts, Merlin is unable to open the lock on the door.

Climbing up to the small shutter above is a 25 DC Climb check! Some writer really doesn't like low-level players. :)


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric raises his sword and howls like a wolf as the enemy falls, and then sheathes his weapon. He makes the sign against evil with one hand and the sign of the sun with the other.

"Be at peace, Prelate. May your soul fly to the side of your goddess. It was too late to save you as you saved me...but by every god in the heavens and the earth, you shall be avenged."

He turns to the others while Merlin examines the lock.

"We should bury or burn them. They deserve what little dignity we can give them, and it will deprive the enemy of bodies to make into monsters."


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus shakes his head slowly. "I agree with you in principle, but we do not have that kind of time. And we especially can't afford to attract attention to ourselves with something as obvious as a fire. Though getting the bodies out of plain view would be prudent."

He looks up at the window. "Can we use one of Terendelev's scales to get someone up there?"


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

The elf will say a prayer in elven to speed these souls to their eternal reward.


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

After a couple of minutes, the youth slumps his shoulders.

Maybe, if, I had the proper tools, but, even then, I have my doubts.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus shakes his head. "It's...hard to explain. Arloric, you have one of the scales. The one that can levitate people? That's our way..." he says, pointing to the shutter, "up there.

"Or someone's way up."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Who wants to scale the wall? Heh, heh. I slay myself. :)


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56+10| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 13/14

"Um, I could fit in there easily." Kelly speaks up nervously, looking up at the window. "I'm not much of a sneaker, but I'm small."


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

I am willing.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus looks up at the window for a moment, then turns to address Merlin and Kelly. "If it, too, is locked and you need to break in," he says, "I have a spell that can envelop the area in magical silence. Best to go in quietly. In fact, that's probably a good idea, anyway, since the rest of us will have to climb up after you, without making noise."

He looks around at the others and asks, "Anyone have some rope?"


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric grips the scale hanging from his neck at Aberus' request.

"Aye. I can get up there easily. Once I get in, I can make my way to the gate and open it from the other side. And perhaps find a shovel."


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

"I don't think splitting up is a good idea. Whoever opens that should lower a rope for the rest of us to follow."


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"Then who among us has rope? The best I have is a blanket we could tie to other blankets to make a kind of rope."


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56+10| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 13/14

"I have rope!" Kelly says, and pulls a 50ft coil from her bag.


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"Excellent. I'll get it up there!"

Arloric holds out his hands to take the offered rope. Then he clutches the scale again and closes his eyes. A cool breeze blows through the air as he rises up on a pillar of cloud towards the opening.


Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

Rummaging through his pack, Uriel digs out his rope just in case more is needed.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

"Just don't do anything loud with me casting my spell first."


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"Aye, I'll be as quiet as an owl on the wing," Arloric replies.


Campaign maps: Team Wrath map: Crusaders' Camp | Team Wardens map: Truestone quarry tunnels

Arloric reaches the shutter. It's juuust wide enough that he could squeeze through, with some shimmying. He grabs the shutter to quietly open it - and it, too, is locked.

You can try to force it, but the break DC is pretty high!

So, just as a friendly note, this particular section - how you get inside of the garrison - is kinda crap. The DCs are so high that low-level characters basically have no chance. There are two ways that seem likely at your level:
1. Batter open the door or the shutter with weapon attacks. Time-consuming because of hardness, but will eventually splinter and give way.
2. Get a knock spell and come back.


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56+10| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 13/14

This is when you fudge the DCs ;)


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

Merlin looks up as Arloric announces that it too is locked.

Decision to make. Loud or loud?


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"I thought we were trying to not to do that," Arloric calls down, trying to avoid yelling too loud.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Angelkin Aasimar Paladin 5 Init +2; darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4; AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +2 Shield, +1 Insight vs. Evil Outsiders); hp 51/51; F +9, R +6, W +7; +2 vs. evil

"Trying, sure. But sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and get through it. We're not going to stop fighting demons and go home because they locked the door." Uriel says. You get the impression that by "we" he means "I".


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

If we break it down; I have a spell that allows me to enlarge person.


F Halfling Barbarian 5 | HP 56/56+10| AC19 (T15 FF15) CMD17 | F+7 R+6 W+3(+2 vs Fear) | Init +6 | Perception +11 | Rage 13/14

"Aberus has a Silence spell, right?" Kelly speaks up. "What if he casts it on the door here, then we break it down quietly?"


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

That may work but would that solve the problem of what is heard on the other side of the door? she adds.


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

Hey, we are close to 2000 posts :)


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

The rules are silent (ha!) on this question. Spell effects are generally blocked by a solid barrier, but Silence can be cast on an object (such as a door). And, even if it's cast on one side of the door, that side of the door is touched by the emanation and it's not clear what that means in terms of game effect. Is the door treated as an object, and thus affected, or as a solid barrier and not affected? If it was, say, a fireball, the door would still be damaged and the game doesn't treat damage to "one side": the door just takes damage.

This pretty much boils down to "the GM decides" :)


AC 16 Mage Amor, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) hp 14 (3d6) Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 (+1 Trait bonus to disbelieve illusions); +2 vs. enchantments Defensive Abilities resistance; Immune sleep; Resist fire 5

The question has never come up for me before :)


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

I have never ran into this before. Sweet! Well done!


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"We're not going home, Uriel," Arloric says as he descends on the cloud pillar.

"Sometimes you have to retreat to win. Or...we COULD split up. Telerin could return to the Heart and see if our wizards there have the spell we need to open the gate, with maybe one or two of us to protect her, while the rest of us ready an ambush in case they open the gate from the inside. We can also use the time to give the Prelate and this other man a proper burial. Just because we've been slowed does not mean we will stop."


Male 1/2 Elf Warsighted Oracle 3 Perct +11 Intit +3 ( roll twice ) AC 19 touch 13 flat-footed 18 hp 30 / 30 Fort +3 Ref +2, Will +3

The youth listens to Arloric.

Wise words. Perhaps, those of us that would benefit from a bit of proper rest should return. If this undertaking will be as formidable as getting inside, we should be fully prepared.


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

"Splitting our group puts us all at more risk. This attack was timed with a distraction to draw most of the guards away. We either do it now, or we don't do it."


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

"Is there a way we can throw them off balance long enough to buy us some time?"


Male Human (Taldan) Cleric 5 | Loot
Status:
AC: 16/10/16, HP 40/40; Init 0

Aberus grins. "If silently breaking the door down and charging through isn't enough to throw them off balance, we have bigger problems."

Shall we go? Azura, when do you want to go into initiative?


Male Tiefling (Pitborn) Bard (Filidh) 5|HP: 35/35|AC: 15/10/15|Saves: +2 Fort, +4 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +0|Perc: +10

Arloric nods and draws his sword.

"Very well. As long as we can return the Prelate to the earth when this is over. He deserves better than to be left as rotting demon meat, and it is what the gods would want."

1,951 to 2,000 of 3,077 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.