|Cyrad RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16|
|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
Well a few things:
1) I have seen many posts that question whether the cleric is still even Tier 1 or that state it is at best low Tier 1.
2) The fact that it has been overshadowed in recent times is ammo in itself for a remake.
3) Logically, if the cleric is due to be nerfed, then all other classes more powerful than it also deserve a nerf... can't have one without the other I'm afraid.
3) Since I am the OP on this thread and it is firmly pro 'Unchaining' please be respectful and not try to derail it. If you completely disagree with my perspectives then please start your own thread. Thread derailing is impolite and gets reported.
1) The fact that many people consider the cleric as Tier 1 is evidence that the cleric is really powerful and -- at the very least -- shouldn't be buffed. Not that I'm particularly worried about that because your suggestions so far are pretty huge nerfs.
2) I never said remaking was a terrible idea. It's just that you don't have much room change it without making the result NOT be a cleric. And probably the better way to make an unchained cleric is create a new class, which is what you're basically doing except you're calling the new class "unchained cleric."
3.1) I don't see why nerfing the cleric and nerfing other classes is mutually inclusive. Even just taking one overpowered class off the list is better than taking none off. Heck, one of the more overpowered classes (shaman) is like that because the designer used clerics as the chassis.
3.2) If the premise is flawed, the execution will be flawed as well.