Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Valgrymr's Homebrew.

Game Master Valegrim

Lost in the Winter wild with hordes of ghouls, gnolls and Giant Kin on a rampage joined by other agents of chaos. Band of Northmen freedom fighters seek to survive and save their clans.


401 to 450 of 6,952 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Caran, don't you feel left out either. Throw us a flashback or dream that lets us know something about yourself (or your character really). Maybe as your siting down the arrow shaft on one of these tentacle beasties on the beach, your minds eye is drawn back to a similar time. Talk it up I say. (Hoping Val doesn't mind, I just like reading stories while we wait for the fight to update)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Nope; this is great; good stuff; worth exps even. I am busy busy; and really sick to boot; darn sinuses again; I have to go to a meeting in a couple minutes; will be in all day ;then to the doctor; if someone wants to put the intiative counts from first to last; that would help; Cat; can you do that; the bad guys are going to advance and attack; but I think Rama is holding action so will go first as will anyone who has not acted and still has a free action; I think my guys were near the middle of inits.; well gotta go; making the init list would help; but I can do it tomorrow morning hopefully if not.


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter

ok so the initative goes like this: Caran at 21 , then ThoronHen at 17, the monster group A at 16, then the crew at 14, the officers and Lshay at 13, and the Caption and Erkholt at 12 and the monster group B at 8. Still no Init. from Rama as of yet. For most of the day going to be away from comp so it will be after 7:15 pm mountain time probly for any storys. Like the story Erkholt ;-)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

thx


Init (1d20+6=18)

Rama will hold off attacking for the first round.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

round one by init:
Caran shoots and hits.
Rama - waiting; can act at any time; per the rules when you act that will be your new initiative.
Thoron; also waiting

hideous sea squirmies - the four not blinded moral check - 4+3; ack; they flee back to the sea in panic as they are outnumbered by a superior force using magic; full move run; they are on the shoreline
the other five hear their allies flee; move toward the sound of the ocean; blinded they move erratically stumbling on the dunes and each other.

the crew; moves into formation and begins decending the ship; move action; but as the wieght of many leave the ship; it resettles; balance 16; dumping half the crew in the sand and upon each other; rather comic except for the bruises and sprains likely.

the officers; they too fail balance rolls and fall off the ship.

Lshay; your plan was to cast mage armor; still doing that?

Capt; rides the rolling ship; shouting to motivate the crew; +2 morale

Erkholt - waiting; holding the line; perhaps casting?

hideous sea squirmy champions; also blind; also move back toward the sea.

other things happening; the storm lessens as the giant in the sea walks ne along the shore. Gaius on the shore moves into a protective stance to Caran and the wolf lookes both bored and amused. The bubbling froth of the inlet lessens; but the bay water is now very pink.

ok; update any changes for the round for those holding actions or not casting to do something else.

then prepare for new round.


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter

I stick my dagger into the railing. I then pull the crossbow from my back and draw and place a quarrel in the slot. I try a different combination of buttons on the back of the crossbow. I don’t know if this will take the rest of my action to change the configuration or not. If not I will shoot one of the closes enemy 25= 8+16+1 from bless. Balance 24=4+20 well at least it was in combat this time ;-) I shift my footing a little to keep my balance when the crew leaves the boat.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Erkholt yells in exhuberation as the squdgy looking tentacled beasts flee. He brings up the hammer and anvil symbol of his god and summons a prayer of transmutation from Moradin, holding the power of the spell ready on his lips in case something else emerges from the waves to attack. As the boat resettles though, the weight of his armour drags him over and the little dwarf is staggered.

ok Balance was d20+2(ref)+4(dwarf)-6(armour)= 4 <sigh>. I was going to hold my action to cast soften earth and stone on any group ready to attack again. In these conditions it should make a type of sinkhole to trap creatures and prevent them from closing in. Not sure I can do that while knocked on my behind. If not then I'll stand myself up first and see what happens next round


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Your shot will go off in round 3; round to reload; half action to change weapons.

ThoronHen wrote:
I stick my dagger into the railing. I then pull the crossbow from my back and draw and place a quarrel in the slot. I try a different combination of buttons on the back of the crossbow. I don’t know if this will take the rest of my action to change the configuration or not. If not I will shoot one of the closes enemy 25= 8+16+1 from bless. Balance 24=4+20 well at least it was in combat this time ;-) I shift my footing a little to keep my balance when the crew leaves the boat.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

takes half action to stand; is fine to wait till next round if you desire; looks like their leaving; though they may just be regrouping...

Erkholt Grugn wrote:

Erkholt yells in exhuberation as the squdgy looking tentacled beasts flee. He brings up the hammer and anvil symbol of his god and summons a prayer of transmutation from Moradin, holding the power of the spell ready on his lips in case something else emerges from the waves to attack. As the boat resettles though, the weight of his armour drags him over and the little dwarf is staggered.

ok Balance was d20+2(ref)+4(dwarf)-6(armour)= 4 <sigh>. I was going to hold my action to cast soften earth and stone on any group ready to attack again. In these conditions it should make a type of sinkhole to trap creatures and prevent them from closing in. Not sure I can do that while knocked on my behind. If not then I'll stand myself up first and see what happens next round


As long as the opponents are fleeing I will withhold casting Mage Armor. When the opportunity arises, I would like to rise into the air a bit higher in order to get a better view of who is left and who has fallen or may be injured.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

well, jumping, sliding and falling off the boat has many of the sailors dumped in the somewhat rocky sand; doesnt look to serious at a glance; some of them are piled up on each other and still getting up.

The bad guys flee into the water; many stumbling blind; but the sound of the ocean is pretty easy to hear and the wind is coming from that direction.

you notice three figures a bit away from the boat; one has a bow and is/was firing arrows into the bad guys; one is a wolf; one is a warrior looking fellow who is probably standing guard.

None of the pc group looks particularly injured.
______________

after a few minutes no one returns from the ocean; what do the pc's do?

turning you can see the ship is damaged and far upon the shore among some rocks; will take quite a bit of time to get this in working order again.

The captain and officers are getting the men sorted out; the priest is looking at those injured from the fall.

the Bosun and the carpender are assessing the condition of the ship; the captain sets out 25 men with short bows and swords as guards around the ship; the first officer takes 25 guys and heads inland with tools and directions to find some trees for wood for repairs; the rest of the men get sent on board with other instructions.

The captain turns to the party.
"well; blast it all; we're crippled here until repairs can be made; looks like a recongnioiter of yonder village might do fer a spell that me must spend to shelter the men and make repairs; any idea who them two and that dog is up yonder?

I'll send 10 of me sailors with you to check out the village ifn your up to it....

the captain eyes the party.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Erkholt moves amongst the wounded, adding whatever aid he can. He reserves his magic for the most dire of situations,preferring to cast in combat than in the aftermath. His healing skills are suffcient for those with sprains and bruises though.

As the Captain announces he wants the group to explore the nearby village, the cleric nods his agreement.

"Aye Cap'n. I'll go an' see what younder village holds in store for us. Might be we want to extend some thanks to the Lass and her wolf up there as well. If'n her bodyguard lets us get close enough that is. Her bow was doin' some fine work in that little scrap o' ours."

As he says so, Erkhlot also looks around for the little fey who cast the glitterdust that possibly saved some of them. "Well Lshay, seems like yer a might handy lass to have around in a scrap. Me thanks to ye lass." he bows low to the flighty little woman. "But don't ye go tryin' none of yer feminine wiles and magics on me, ye hear!" he says with a frown.

I'm happy to go searching the village Vale, but we should go give thanks to the three who helped us out first.


F Elf Druid 5th

I watch tentatively and remain prepared for battle. "None of this is natural... the waters, the creatures... it's a blight upon the world." I contemplate how things can be brought back into balance. How to right the wrongs... I remember some things my Grandfather told me.

"This reminds me; My grandfather was born into a difficult time... during wars where friends became enemies. He never learned the bitterness many did towards the one time friends of our people. As he grew he asked questions about everything trying to learn where things come from, how things grow, how balance is brought to nature... When my grandfather was initiated into the path of the Druid he was given a secret name which meant "He Who Asks Questions". All these years later I think of him more as "One Who Answers". It was my grandfather is who taught me the words and legends of the blessings of nature, of the holy people, the people of the earth. He taught me how to live, taught me how things change, how to adapt. He taught me that the only real goal for us in life was beauty... that beauty was found only in harmony, and that this harmony of nature was a matter of dazzling complexity. He told me "When the dragonfly moves, know that something has moved it. Know that its movement affects the flight of the robin. That effects the flight of the raven which deflects the eagle from the sky. The eagle's stiff wing bends to the will of the wind. Know that all of this affects you and me... as well as the flea on the wolf and the leaf on the mighty oak." That had always been the point of the lesson... Interdependency of nature. Every cause has its effect, every action a reaction, a reason for everything. In all things a pattern, and in this pattern, the beauty of harmony. Because of this, we learn to live with good and evil, by understanding it, by reading its cause... by finding its balance... and with this we also learned gradually and methodically, if one was lucky, to always "go in beauty," to always look for the pattern, and to find it. The problem now is that the balance is off and I am trying to find the reason, the root cause... these visions are becoming intense and I still need to find the Oracle of Delphi for some clarification... some direction." Thinking outloud, more to myself I say "Maybe the people on this ship can help me on my way... can help restore the balance of nature with me and save Mother Nature."


Erkholt Grugn wrote:
Erkhlot also looks around for the little fey who cast the glitterdust that possibly saved some of them. "Well Lshay, seems like yer a might handy lass to have around in a scrap. Me thanks to ye lass." he bows low to the flighty little woman. "But don't ye go tryin' none of yer feminine wiles and magics on me, ye hear!" he says with a frown.

"Well now, I deeply appreciates yer sentiment of gratitude. Certianly tis most kind of ye to express yourself. Not all men are able to do that ya know. Now as far as me womanly wiles is concerned, I appreciates the fact that you realize I could make ye mine if I so chose but as far as magic is concerned, I assures you, none would be needed, though it certainly makes the chase more interesting.

Now then, let us see about these here three on the beach."

With that, I fly towards them at a relatively slow speed in order to be able to appear non-threatening and at the same time judge their actions should they take any. I then turn and shout back at Caran Lith Draug....

"There's nothing wrong with mother nature, after all, I'm part of it, so I guess it must be perfect. C'mon!"


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)
Lshay Le Fey wrote:


"Well now, I deeply appreciates yer sentiment of gratitude. Certianly tis most kind of ye to express yourself. Not all men are able to do that ya know. Now as far as me womanly wiles is concerned, I appreciates the fact that you realize I could make ye mine if I so chose but as far as magic is concerned, I assures you, none would be needed, though it certainly makes the chase more interesting.

Erkholt blusters at the fey's statement. "What! not needin' any magics ta make me yourn!? I tell ye nymph, more determined lasses than ye have tried te sway me to their beds and all for naught. Promised to me faith and me kin I am, and no woman's gonna go changin that, even if they do dress all scanty like and look all sorts of beautiful!!"

Realising Lshay had stopped listening to him and flown off to their mysterious benefactiors Erkholt stumbles into muttered oaths and blushes slightly "Damnable fey. Not even a hint of a beard or nothin'. And where's all the armour to hide the womanly charms Ia ask ye" he mutters under his breath as he gathers up his gear and follows her to greet the others.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

hehe sure; was just laying out some short term actions for the group to choose from; you would actually have to pass by the three to get to the village. The sailors that when up the path to search for wood will pass them as well.

Erkholt Grugn wrote:


I'm happy to go searching the village Vale, but we should go give thanks to the three who helped us out first.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

<gm> hehe love the interplay.

This area is a sandy beach with a lot of rocks; there is a out to sea a natural extension of rocks that has been enhanced by human hands to creat a fairly large bay; there is a village here; from where you are you can see 30 or so structures of stone; wood and thatch. You see no movement or activity or any sign of life. The place looks deserted. Inland from the beach begins a few hills and lots of rocks; some quite large; this continues about 1000ft inland to where a low cliff extends both directions as far as you can see. Beyond the rocky cliff you can see hills and some trees; and off course; lots and lots of rocks.

There is a well worn path leading to the cliff; a path leading to the village; and another path leading somewhere else back parrallel and towards the cliff.


Rama gives voice to his concern, "You think the villagers ran to the hills?"


F Elf Druid 5th

I smile at the little one... "I did not realize you could hear me so well from so far with all the waves crashing." I shift and put my weapons away but keep them with quick access in case I need them again soon. "I'm called Caran Lith Draug, but you can call me Caran." Knowing what I do of fey, arguing the point of the boiling pink waters being unnatural would get me no where quickly. "What brings your party here?"


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter

Slinging the crossbow back onto my back I turn to Erkhot and say “Wow, I did not know that yon fey could hear so well. I did not even see the lips move at this range.” I clamber down the net off the side of the ship and wait for Erkholt to make it down to head toward the 2 people and dog/wolf? Once reaching there I give Caran a slight bow as befitting a male elf meeting an elven female of unknown rank (diplomacy 16=8+8) and a slight nod to Gaius and a raised eyebrow to the wolf. I half turn to Erkholt and gesture twards him and say “This is Erkholt Grugn cleric of Moridin, and I am known as ThoronHen. I am glad we could assist you from the tentacled things and as well as your assistance from the same foe. For if we did not come aground here you might have been over whelmed and you skill full shooting helped us drive them off.” I then give an other bow similar to the first. I am not sure if we would have been close enought to hear the earlier conversation.


F Elf Druid 5th

Nodding back, I say "Greetings Erkholt Grugn and ThoronHen, I am called Caran Lith Draug, but you can call me Caran," gesturing to my companions "my wolf companion here is Eruanna, and this is Gaius Nepos." I relax a bit.

"Indeed the timing seemed just right, we just reached the coast here in our travels as your ship was pushed ashore. What brings you here?" I absently scratch Eruanna's head briefly as I talk letting her know I feel these to be a friendly group.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

"Aye, greetings to ye Caran Lith Draug, and to ye two companions. We appreciate your assistance with our little scrap afore. Your bow work was impressive lass. A long way te shoot with the winds off'n the beach as they are." Erkholt states after a slight bow to the group. He sizes them up briefly and decides there's no evil amongst these three.

"Young Rama here feels somethin' bad may have happened to the people of yon village. We was thinkin' o' havin a look see for ourselves to see what kinda aid we can give, or recieve for that matter." The last is said as he glances over his shoulder at the stricken boat and it's busy crew.

"Our Captain seems te think we'll be morin' here a few days and he needs ta know ifn' we can use the place for shelter and protection, particularly given the reception we recieved. Ye all are welcome te join us ifn you so choose. Tis dangerous times we live in and I aint afraid te say we could always use an extra hand. Especially one as handy you lot appear te be!" he says, smiling broadly.

"So what say ye lass, care to join us? I'm willin' te bet the Capn will welcome the extra help as well" Erkhlot raises a questioning eyebrow at the elf and her companions.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD
Rama wrote:
Rama gives voice to his concern, "You think the villagers ran to the hills?"

the Captain comes close to Rama and whispers to him quietly so that it is difficult for anyone else to hear.

whisper; dc 10 for Rama (autopass) +2 per 2 ft apart from Rama for any others who might want to hear. You guys can subjectively apply your own distance as your standing near him; off healing; off greating and the like.

Whisper

Spoiler:

Lord Rama; my pardon holy chosen, but I have heard tales long ago; but more recently I have begun hearing them again. Salty sea tales to be sure; but there have been many dissappearances of sea villages and talk of a great evil from the sea. It is said that an ancient evil returns; turning men into twisted versions of themselves; men with claws of crabs; tenticles of squid, armored like a lobster; men who breath both sea and air. (he makes a holy guesture of protection)I dont think the villagers left; I think this is an unholy place and those were the villagers; we are on a cursed shore. I have not yet consulted the priest; but I believe that giant in the water was the Greek god of the sea; Poi side sons or like that (he wrings his hands)what shall we do Lord Rama; the gods move in strange ways and have cast us here; what shall we do?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Thoronhen diplomacy; you are speaking to a priestess of nature, a journeymen level no longer under a masters direct tutelage.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

assuming that Thoron and Erkholt are going to the village; a group of sailors begin to form and sets out after them; about 20ft behind.


F Elf Druid 5th

"I would not mind joining you, but I do have pressing business to attend to... maybe we can discuss this as we walk or over a meal?"

I start to walk with the group towards the buildings speaking mainly to Erkholt and Thoronhen, but in a way that addresses those who want to partake in the conversation.

"I have been having some worrisome visions of late and I need the guidance of the Oracle who is supposed to be near here... there is trouble brewing in the world and I need to help bring things back into balance... maybe you and your group can assist me with this as well?"


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter

We have a mission to do as well maybe after we can help. At the very least we can provide some food from the galley and we can discuss where we are all going. Mean while let look to this village and see what we can find.


I shall just flitter about, following the others for the time being.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Erkholt continued on with the group, noticeing the general quiet nature of the fighting types
"Must be part of the job" he thought to himself.

Not really being one for quiet moments, the brash dwarf spoke up "So this oracle lass, she's nae too far form here ye sayin'?"

"Mayhap we could be assistin' ye to find them if'n we're goin' te be stayin' fer a while. Yer sayin ter tryin ta aid ol' Mother Nature herself? Well, you an' I may have somethin' more te talk about after lookin through this here village"

Having said his piece he calls back to the sailors who are accompanying them to the place. "Come on lads, there's explorin te be done. You boys join in the chorus when's I get to it" With those words he begins to sing a dwarven marching song, filled with reference to the earth and her hidden paths, setting the cadence with his heavy boots.

The songs translatinon to a common tongue doesn't exactly fit the theme but he hopes it boosts spirits a little after the strange events of the day. Besides which, he was raised in the din of a forge and prefers the rythms of dwarven music to random noises of the place they've come to.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Erkholt; you know that the oracle is a divine messanger of Apollo; sun diety of the Greeks and Romans; whose visions and prophesies are always true and correct. For hundreds of years many from all nations go to the Oracle at Delphi to seek guidance; this is common knowledge with a 10 for religion.

Erkholt Grugn wrote:

Erkholt continued on with the group, noticeing the general quiet nature of the fighting types

"Must be part of the job" he thought to himself.

Not really being one for quiet moments, the brash dwarf spoke up "So this oracle lass, she's nae too far form here ye sayin'?"

"Mayhap we could be assistin' ye to find them if'n we're goin' te be stayin' fer a while. Yer sayin ter tryin ta aid ol' Mother Nature herself? Well, you an' I may have somethin' more te talk about after lookin through this here village"

Having said his piece he calls back to the sailors who are accompanying them to the place. "Come on lads, there's explorin te be done. You boys join in the chorus when's I get to it" With those words he begins to sing a dwarven marching song, filled with reference to the earth and her hidden paths, setting the cadence with his heavy boots.

The songs translatinon to a common tongue doesn't exactly fit the theme but he hopes it boosts spirits a little after the strange events of the day. Besides which, he was raised in the din of a forge and prefers the rythms of dwarven music to random noises of the place they've come to.


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

The sailors catch up; several laughing at the dwarf; and a few joining in with the singing.

the village is about a quarter mile away; so you get to it quickly; they sailors pause before the first building apparently awaiting instructions.

the village is kinda creepy strange. Standing just outside looking in; you see many buildings; in fairly good shape; but abandoned and neglected over time.

there is no evidence of battle; war; foul play; famine or anything else like that; you can see dolls and toys; and farm and fishing implemnets; just laying where they were; it looks like the people just got up and left; taking nothing with them; very strange.

the wolf with you runs over to a building and sniffs a corner; quietly growls; and look back at the party.

what does everyone do?
----------

back at the ship; no one reemerges from the sea; the sailors who are innjured are moved out of the way; the captain sets people to unloading to they can right the ship and prepare to fix it; it look lik a long and time consuming task.

what do the pc's back at the boat do; you can easily see the group at the village; but not many details.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Erkholt calls a halt to the sailors and readies his weapon and shield. Looking up at the Elfen Druid he asks "Well Lass, what's yer wolfie tryin' te tell us?" he asks, casting a nervous glance around the village and a rather sad look at a childs abbandoned doll. It always made the priest sa when bad things happened to children.


How tall are the buildings?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

They are all single story dwellings made of rock and timber, ; you are probably 300 ft from the bay. The roof peak is 15 ft; looks like walls about 10 ft high; doorways about 6ft high.

Lshay Le Fey wrote:
How tall are the buildings?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

the wind is dying down to a breezey 15 mph from the bay.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Unless he's warned off by the wolf or asked not to by the others, Erkholt will move cautiously up to the building and try to see inside (if there's a window), or listen at the door (if no window).


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

roll search please


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

Search (1d20+1=11) there you go Val, for what it's worth :)


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter

Humm yes the fighting types are kinda silent. in a whisper to erkholt I think they think its intimidating. in a normal voice Well lets see what is here to see. I also look around and investigate the buildings search 29=12+17


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

The wolf's hackles rise; but he moves out of the way; you realize he is still very much a wild animal.

Erkhold looks at the ground, but sees nothing more than dirt, mud; water and such.

Thoronhen looks and sees that some of the water is really slimy and on the side of the building wall is some faint but fresh scratches. Some kind of markings are on the ground; but you cannot read them or make them out. (without tracking to decifer them)


The Search check called for results in: 9 + 3 = 14. Once complete, I would like to fly about 30 feet in the air providing nothing obscures my vision and get a fey eye's view of the majority of the area. I'm looking for anything unusual or interesting.

Do I see any paths leading out of the village, such as an indication of which direction people may have gone or something arrived by?


F Elf Druid 5th

Seeing this as a warning that something is not right, and remembering that this is the building that looked earlier to possibly be inhabited "Careful. Earlier I thought I saw movement in this building... well, more like someone stopping movement of the shutters." I too search to see what I can without getting in others way and being cautious.

Spot 30 = Roll of 15 + 15 skill (= 8 + 3 + 4)
Listen 25 = Roll of 10 + 15 skill (= 8 + 3 + 4)
Handle Animal 29 = Roll of 18 + 11 skill (= 8 + 3) (in case I need it for Eruanna)


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

There are many well worn paths between buildings and in and out of the village, but with the rain there is not much in the way of recent evidence of activity. It doesnt look like the people were taken and they didnt leave do to threat or surely they would take some of the wagons and other usueful things you see lying around; it just like they all dissappeared and left everything as is; of course to really verify the insides of buildings should be checked; maybe they are just really good at hiding...

Lshay Le Fey wrote:

The Search check called for results in: 9 + 3 = 14. Once complete, I would like to fly about 30 feet in the air providing nothing obscures my vision and get a fey eye's view of the majority of the area. I'm looking for anything unusual or interesting.

Do I see any paths leading out of the village, such as an indication of which direction people may have gone or something arrived by?


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

Anyone with the tracking roll looking at the building where Erkholt and the wolf and other are; should roll it or roll it for looking around.

nothing seen out of the ordinary; see earlier descriptions; though near the center of town there tools to be two strange flowers with thick stems in sprouting up from the sand near a building; wierd; they look out of place; every other outside plant and flower is long gone wild or dead from neglect; these two are disturbing to you and not very obvious; good roll.

you hear the wind and the flapping of cloth; some rattle of shudders and doors; creaking of buildings.

Eruanna move a bit away from the pack; has his ears a bit flat and his tail down; looks a bit spooked and uncomfortable. The wolf keeps looking around; sniffing; and whines a bit.

Caran Lith Draug wrote:

Seeing this as a warning that something is not right, and remembering that this is the building that looked earlier to possibly be inhabited "Careful. Earlier I thought I saw movement in this building... well, more like someone stopping movement of the shutters." I too search to see what I can without getting in others way and being cautious.

Spot 30 = Roll of 15 + 15 skill (= 8 + 3 + 4)
Listen 25 = Roll of 10 + 15 skill (= 8 + 3 + 4)
Handle Animal 29 = Roll of 18 + 11 skill (= 8 + 3) (in case I need it for Eruanna)


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

"I'm thinking there's somthin' in this here building we need to be looking at" Erkholt states quietly to the group.
"I'm also thinking it's gonna be dangerous, some kinda critter or a trap. If'n I open the door, can I get you lot te shoot anyhtin' hostile? Maybe you two big silent and deadly types can move in after I open her up and take agander, weapons ready and all that"


Male Efreeti, advanced manthing 45HD

As tension builds, the sailors spread out in a circle around the building, the wind dies down to about 5mph....


Male Changeling (looking like an Elf) 5 Rogue 1 Fighter

I pull out the crossbow and make sure that the settings where as I had fired before. I then take a firing position across from the door about 20 feet back. ok I am all set ready when you all are. I look expectantly at the two biggest of the sailors.


Male Dwarf Cleric 6 (Earth and Protection Domain)

I may have got confused here, are the two fighters with us (Paladin and fighter that is) or did they remain at the boat? If they're with us I am going to open the door and five foot step to one side to give them a chance to engage if necessary or have our ranged combat types hit.

If they're not with us, that makes me and Caran the default fighters I guess, with the best AC and possibly highest HP's. If this is the case I will open the door and go defensive, shield up.

Before either of these possibilities though I am going to cast delay poison on myself in case it's a trap or some kind of slime thing is in there. I leave it to you to determine which action I end up taking Val. Cheers


Erkholt, I most humbly offers ye my detect magic to assists you in this dangerous endeavor you appear to be considerin. I would truly feel most terrible should something horiffic happen to you. If their be any lingering magic effects or an unseen advisary, me spell will certainly notice any magic they tis carry or spell effects they has cast prior to our arrival. What you say? Less of coarse you feels that such magic might be thrown about in an attempt to seduce ye....or worse....question ye dwarfhood and sturdiness in battle. Be that the case, then I says what ya waitin fer....go in, coarse the polite thing to do is ta knock first. Surely you tis not a dwarf without manners?

401 to 450 of 6,952 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Valgrymr's Homebrew. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.