Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

The Tomb of Abysthor

Game Master Ierox

Hexcrawling Map
Battle Map


1 to 50 of 660 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

It's been three days since your party left civilization behind. You've been headed north across the plains and rolling hills, following directions given by locals, and just last night, you reached what you're sure is the entrance to the Valley of Shrines. It's a narrow dirt path, weaving through the hills, its beginning marked by a pair of white marble obelisks, cracked and weathered with age.

Even derelict and long forgotten, the obelisks seemed to excude an aura of peace, and you decided to make camp beside them.

The next morning, you follow the trail into the hills.

It takes the better part of the day, but you eventually make it to the end of the trail. The valley floor opens up around you, stretching for miles ahead. To the north, you spot a lake, with a pair of white marble temples sitting on your side of the shore.

Much, much further to the northwest, you can just glimpse what has to be a fairly large forest.

All around, the hills rise above you, eventually giving way to the Stoneheart Mountains proper.

Map of the Valley of Shrines. You're at the end of the Ancient Path, just south of the Shrines and the Crystal Lake. You've travelled for six hours today, so you have two hours left before you start in on the Forced March checks.


(EO: Yes) Kineticist 3 | HP: 33/33 (3 NL) | AC: 17 / T: 12 / FF: 15 / DR: 2/Ada | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | R. Atk: +6 (2d6+6) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +4, Perception: +10

Rhiannon stretched slightly as she looked towards the temples. "Well, looks like we're almost there." she said cheerfully, glancing back at the rest of the group that had decided to come along. She absolutely adored crafting and working with stone, but sometimes a girl just wanted to get out of the city for awhile and have some fun... and this had seemed like a prime chance to check out some old architecture and prepare for jobs on the temples now that the Old Temple district was showing some renewal back in Bard's Gate.

She'd stayed around the middle of the group as they'd traveled, occasionally gathering the power of the earth to launch a long-range boulder on anything that got too close. Those had been warning shots, mostly, to scare off dangerous wildlife and ensure the group wasn't molested too badly as they journeyed. She had, however, needed to remember that other people tended to need more sleep than she did, and that a mid-day nap wasn't as helpful for them as it was for her. Alas, slowing down for others was how her life often went, but it was what it was.


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 3 HP: 27/31 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +4 | Per:+9, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

Arianna's ears droop, almost disappearing into her hair. She'd seen her sister disappear into one of those temples, and she's seen nothing of Shadowwind since then. Part of her clings to the hope that Brianna is still alive, but another part of her is certain that she'll find her beloved twin as a corpse, or worse.

"Yes, we are," she replies to Rhiannon's statement before returning to her duties, which included cooking supper for the others.

Profession(Cook): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Well, let's chalk that roll up to distraction. Hope you like your food bland. :P


female Aasimar
Spoiler:
HP 31/31 Ini+2 Sp30" Ac 17 T12 FF15 F5 R2 W 8 Per+12
Cleric (Herald Caller) 3

Saying a quick prayer over her food, Lorien smiles at Arianna and gives her thanks. Tasting the bland food she still smiles, as the hot food filles her belly. "Almost. Does anyone know more about this area? That lake with the Temple looks very serene!"


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 3 HP: 27/31 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +4 | Per:+9, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

"The land is cursed and the dead walk it," Arianna states rather bluntly, "other than that, I do not know anything."

She eats another bite and tries not to look disappointed.

They must think I'm the worst cook ever!


Knowledge(Religion or History) DC 17:
That's the Crystal Lake, named for the clarity and stillness of its waters. The priests who came to this valley in search of the caves that would become sacred burial halls rested on the shore of this lake, the first night. The temples were built later.

The burial halls themselves are supposed to lie in the heart of the forest.


Male Human Investigator(3) l HP 24/24 l AC15, T13, FF12 l F +2 R +6 W +3 Ini +3 l Spd 30 l CMB +3, CMD 16

Gren sits down heavily, apparently oblivious to the conversation and removes his right boot.

Its not that I mind hiking but three days!...I need better boots.

He lets out a heavy sigh as he rubs the back of his foot. He smiles and looks up at Arianna.

"What's for dinner? I find cooking an underappreciated art. It is an art mind you. I've known cooks from back home who could be given a sack of totally random ingredients and turn it into a meal fit for nobility."


female Aasimar
Spoiler:
HP 31/31 Ini+2 Sp30" Ac 17 T12 FF15 F5 R2 W 8 Per+12
Cleric (Herald Caller) 3

KnowRel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Taking some feed to her mule, Lorien carefully checks that the pack animal is still fit and looks to the others. "If we want to reach the temple today, we shouldn´t waste daytime!"


RAGING:
hp34/34 l AC15, T11, FF12 l F +7, R +4, W +7 Ini +5 l Atk +9 (1d10+7) CMB +7 CMD18
Wyvaran Bloodrager2 l hp28/28 l AC17, T13, FF14 l F +5 R +4 W +5 Ini +5 l Spd40 [Fly40] l CMB +6, CMD19 l Rage 10/10

Keshokkar gives the rest of the group a skeptical once-over. The mercenary has been pretty quiet the last few days, but as the Valley of Shrines comes into view he starts muttering imprecations, sprinkled with irregular accusative looks at the sky. "Why are we stopping," the wyvaran complains, the first words he's spoken louder than a mutter in over two days. "We've still got daylight left, and there's nothing defensible about this spot."


Male Human Investigator(3) l HP 24/24 l AC15, T13, FF12 l F +2 R +6 W +3 Ini +3 l Spd 30 l CMB +3, CMD 16

KnowHist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Gren fishes around in his pack for a second before pulling out a bundle of books.
"I know I read about this area the other day...what did it say?..."
As he pulls out a book and begins to read he vacantly puts his boot back on and stands up, ready to go.


Female Ifrit Bard (Flame Dancer, Juggler) 1 / Rogue (Makeshift Scrapper) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 16 | F+1, R+9, W+2 | Init +8 | Perc +3

Zatinya, the fiery-haired woman, enjoys the brief respite they've had. It had been a long journey to get to this point. While Zatinya was used to long journeys when her circus company went on tour, those travels were filled with familiar faces, and went along well-worn paths. Traveling into the wilderness was a new experience for her.

She swallows the food made by Arianna with delight. "Thanks for making this great food!" By her reckoning, it was better than the average meal that she could hope to make in these conditions. "I have to say, I'm so glad we can finally see the shrines. The lake looks beautiful, too. Might be a nice place to soak my tired feet." While the others get ready to press on, she lingers for a moment, taking in the view with anticipation.


female Aasimar
Spoiler:
HP 31/31 Ini+2 Sp30" Ac 17 T12 FF15 F5 R2 W 8 Per+12
Cleric (Herald Caller) 3

Hearing Kesh complain, Lorien soothingly replies."We had hunger. You know some sliced ham and bread for the way after some hours of dedicated marching. It is just a sandwich!"
Smiling to the Ifrit woman Lorien nods. "Well then not dillidalli. Gren get your boot on, otherwise your swollen foot won´t fit inside!"


(EO: Yes) Kineticist 3 | HP: 33/33 (3 NL) | AC: 17 / T: 12 / FF: 15 / DR: 2/Ada | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | R. Atk: +6 (2d6+6) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +4, Perception: +10

Rhiannon arched an eyebrow as the others talked, more amused than anything else. "I can forage for myself if we take it slow... but we probably should try to make the best time we can." she noted. As she spoke, she got her glowing lamp out of her backpack. It was a well-crafted thing, imparted with a Continual Flame spell that made it so it could shed light for as long as she needed it to. It had cost her a pretty penny - several jobs worth of work, in fact - but for someone without the ability to see in the dark and who went underground a lot, it was quite helpful.

There was no real need for it out here - yet - but she didn't want to have to worry about it once they entered the nearby temples. And with that, she set off towards them.


You spend the next ten minutes walking over to the temple in the distance. As you come closer, it becomes clear that the lake is everything but clear. Reeds cluster the shore, and the waters themselves are brown and brackish.

The tributary river coming in from the northeast seems much clearer.

The corruption of the waters is nothing against that of the temples however. The twin shrines face towards the shore, away from you, and while they're made from white marble, the interior wall surrounded by mighty pillars, both of them have clearly been scorched by fire, the stone of the pillars cracked and often broken, and both rooftops seem to have largely collapsed in on themselves.

Beyond the devestation of flame, the shrines have also been desecrated by smears of foul substances in various hues of brown, black and red. The designs seem largely random, although there's more than a few scribbles of runes and text.

In case the description is uncelar, they're both this sort of building, only slightly smaller.

In the background, you hear the humming of all sorts of insects over the lake.

The air seems colder here, although the sun still sits in the evening sky.


(EO: Yes) Kineticist 3 | HP: 33/33 (3 NL) | AC: 17 / T: 12 / FF: 15 / DR: 2/Ada | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | R. Atk: +6 (2d6+6) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +4, Perception: +10

"Oh, that's just wrong." Rhiannon said, scowling. She knew how much work went into creating the stonework for temples, and how much care and attention they received afterwards. Abusing all of that like this was just... ugh. Sighing slightly, she eyeballed the place from a decent distance to try and see if anything nasty had moved in. Ruined places did tend to attract unsavory residents, after all, and there was no harm in being prudent.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Rhiannon thinks she hears a click click sound from inside the northwesternmost temple. Perhaps the sound of claws on marble.

Still, it's quiet, and intermittent at best. Migth have been the wind.

The only openings in the temple seems to be the roof, and presumably a doorway oriented towards the shore. You can't look inside from here.


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 3 HP: 27/31 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +4 | Per:+9, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

Arianna cautiously creeps towards the door with her bow out and an arrow nocked, hoping that the people she'd found on the road to Bard's Gate would come to her aid if needed.

I hope I don't have to find out.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Not the best rolls I've ever had.


Arianna sneaks ahead, stepping onto the stone foundation of the temple, and moving between the pillars. Just as she's about to turn the corner, and get near the doorway, one of the many scribbles on the wall flares red, just above her head, and explodes in a gout of flame, the fire washing over her.

Fire damage: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 8) = 16
Arianna reflex, DC 16 halves: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The sounds of claws on stone from inside the temple picks up, as whatever lurks inside comes out to investigate the source of the explosion.

Interactive Map, you can (and should) move your tokens with the movement you intend to take.


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 3 HP: 27/31 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +4 | Per:+9, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

Is Arianna going to have enough time to retreat before those things find her?
EDIT: Based on the initiatives, that's a no.


Skeletons come spilling out of the half-darkened interior of the shrine. They're rust-brown, as if someone had the bones peeled clean, and then meticulously dipped every bit of them in blood, and let it dry. The small shields and longswords they hold carry the same coating.

Three of them gather around Arianna, swinging at her with their swords, while the rest surge around her, making for the rest of the party.

longsword vs Arianna, S1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
longsword vs Arianna, S2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13, Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
longsword vs Arianna, S5: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Now the whole party can act.


(EO: Yes) Kineticist 3 | HP: 33/33 (3 NL) | AC: 17 / T: 12 / FF: 15 / DR: 2/Ada | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | R. Atk: +6 (2d6+6) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +4, Perception: +10

As the skeletons came into view, Rhiannon stepped back slightly before pointing at the sixth target. Her method of combat wasn't as fancy as the swordplay that some people used, but it did have the advantage of being brutally straightforward. As she drew her hand back, rocks and stone collected into a sphere somewhat larger than her head. She could have shaped it into a long spear to pierce foes, or a long edge to slice through them... but this wasn't the first time she'd encountered the walking dead, and quite frankly, going right to bashing them was quite sufficient. That, and it was more fun.

As soon as her weapon was complete - which had only taken a second or two to begin with - she flicked her hand and sent it shooting across the space between her and her target.

Earth Blast, Ranged Attack vs Enemy #6: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 for Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 3 HP: 27/31 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +4 | Per:+9, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

Arianna lets out a yelp of pain as the sword opens a wound on her arm. She drops her bow, and focuses on thinning the ranks before her as she retreats towards the others. Seeing that she wouldn't have enough time to ready her quarterstaff, she instead balls her hands into fists and begins using the iron plates attached to the leather wraps covering her knuckles to crush unholy bones.

Attack 1 (Cestus Main) vs Skeleton 1 (Favored Enemy, 2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 2 + 2 = 16
Damage (Favored Enemy): 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
Attack 2 (Cestus Off-hand) vs Skeleton 5 (Favored Enemy, 2-Weapon Fighting): 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 2 + 2 = 11

Round 1:
Free - Drop Bow
Full-attack with Cestus
Free - Five-foot step back


Female Ifrit Bard (Flame Dancer, Juggler) 1 / Rogue (Makeshift Scrapper) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 16 | F+1, R+9, W+2 | Init +8 | Perc +3

"Skeletons!" cries Zatinya in fright. She knew this journey would be dangerous, but she didn't expect to see danger so soon. Still, she's glad to be fighting things rather than people. She pours her energies into a blast of fire.

Move, followed by Burning Hands SLA. Burning Hands: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 Ugh! Reflex DC14 for half damage.

But, unused to using her gifts of fire in actual combat, Zatinya's blast falls short of its full potential, leaving the flames less damaging than she was capable of.


Male Human Investigator(3) l HP 24/24 l AC15, T13, FF12 l F +2 R +6 W +3 Ini +3 l Spd 30 l CMB +3, CMD 16

"Next time...extracts and then fight..."
Gren draws his rapier and moves in.

Round 1: Move, followed by attack with Rapier on S6

Attack (Rapier) vs Skeleton 6: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"...also note to self, it is difficult to fence with a skeleton."

The adrenaline coursing through him forces his next comment to come out both higher pitched and louder than he intends.

"Somebody help out Arianna!"


female Aasimar
Spoiler:
HP 31/31 Ini+2 Sp30" Ac 17 T12 FF15 F5 R2 W 8 Per+12
Cleric (Herald Caller) 3

Lorien walks carefully closer and brandishes her holy symbol. "In faith we destroy the undead in Sarenrae´s light!"
She then casts Bless.
KnowRel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12DR Skeleton´s
"Gren take my silver weapon! Skeleton´s need blunt weapons!"


RAGING:
hp34/34 l AC15, T11, FF12 l F +7, R +4, W +7 Ini +5 l Atk +9 (1d10+7) CMB +7 CMD18
Wyvaran Bloodrager2 l hp28/28 l AC17, T13, FF14 l F +5 R +4 W +5 Ini +5 l Spd40 [Fly40] l CMB +6, CMD19 l Rage 10/10

"Well that didn't take long," the wyvaran mutters, immediately taking to the air. With a growl the winged mercenary lunges forward, sweeping past one of the lead piles of bones and shattering it with one devastating strike with his glaive.


Move Action to fly to current position (12+ feet in the air to avoid their attacks)
Standard Action to flyby attack Skeleton #3 with reach (including +1 for height advantage & +1 for Bless)

Attack!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Damage!: 3d10 + 12 ⇒ (6, 4, 5) + 12 = 27

An auspicious start for Kesh!


One of them destroyed, they nevertheless keep coming, swinging their rustbrown swords at you

Arianna and Gren are each beset by three of them, while the remaining one goes after Zatinya.

s1, Arianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
s5, Arianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
s2, Arianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

s7, Gren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
s6, Gren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
s4, Gren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

s8, Zatinya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

s7 confirm vs Gren: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

That was the skeletal turn. You go again!


(EO: Yes) Kineticist 3 | HP: 33/33 (3 NL) | AC: 17 / T: 12 / FF: 15 / DR: 2/Ada | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | R. Atk: +6 (2d6+6) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +4, Perception: +10

Incidentally, may I suggest adding the interactive map to the top of the campaign for easy reference?

Another boulder arced through the air-

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

-but this time it was rather less accurate than the previous one had been. Alas, unlike some kineticists, she often needed to do more than simply strike her foes in order to damage them... the one flaw in what was otherwise a fairly reliable way of smashing thing.


RAGING:
hp34/34 l AC15, T11, FF12 l F +7, R +4, W +7 Ini +5 l Atk +9 (1d10+7) CMB +7 CMD18
Wyvaran Bloodrager2 l hp28/28 l AC17, T13, FF14 l F +5 R +4 W +5 Ini +5 l Spd40 [Fly40] l CMB +6, CMD19 l Rage 10/10

Seeing the ranger in dire straits, the wyvaran's wings bear him swiftly towards the knot of undead assailing her. "Hey rattlebones!" he shouts in an effort to distract the mindless creatures' attention from her. Swooping past, his glaive lashes out at the nearest undead's exposed spine.


Free Action: Activate Rage
Move Action
Standard Action attack Skeleton #2

Slice!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 Crack!: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Male Human Investigator(3) l HP 24/24 l AC15, T13, FF12 l F +2 R +6 W +3 Ini +3 l Spd 30 l CMB +3, CMD 16

Ironically it was the strength of the first blow that saves Gren. The skeleton's strike opens a nasty gash on Gren's forehead but pushes him below the swing of the second foe. Unfortunately the final skeleton swings lower cracking a rib on Gren's right side.

That will leave a mark

The investigator uses the momentum of the strike to spin away from the combat, moves behind his companions and begins to work at the straps on Lorien's backpack.

Withdraw

"Lorien, my dear I know you showed it to me the other day but where do you keep that thing?"


Female Ifrit Bard (Flame Dancer, Juggler) 1 / Rogue (Makeshift Scrapper) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 16 | F+1, R+9, W+2 | Init +8 | Perc +3

As the skeletons easily withstand the flames, Zatinya isn't entirely sure what to do next. Was she supposed to fight these things? And with what?

But as one of the skeletons descends on her, Zatinya begins to act on instinct. She reaches back and grabs a pair of torches. Maybe they weren't meant for fighting, but she could make it work. As she finds her resolve, she begins to twirl them in her hands. Okay, you've got this . . . just pretend this is an act and dance out of the way! The show she puts on with her torches, even unlit, is strangely inspiring.

Move action to draw two torches. Standard Action to Inspire Courage.

Status Effects: Bless, Inspire Courage.


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 3 HP: 27/31 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +4 | Per:+9, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

Attack 1 vs. Skelly 2 (2-Weapon Fighting, Bless, Inspire Courage, Favored Enemy): 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 19
Damage (Main-Hand, Favored Enemy, Inspire Courage): 1d4 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 8
Attack 2 vs. Skelly 2 (2-Weapon Fighting, Bless, Inspire Courage, Favored Enemy): 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 10

"Thanks Kesh," Arianna calls out before trying to punch out the skeleton before her and continuing her retreat.


female Aasimar
Spoiler:
HP 31/31 Ini+2 Sp30" Ac 17 T12 FF15 F5 R2 W 8 Per+12
Cleric (Herald Caller) 3

Moving towards Gren and turning so that he can take the battle aspergillum hanging from her backpack Lorien Channels positive energy
to harm undead: 1d6 ⇒ 2 DC 18 will


Willpower, S4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Willpower, S6: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Willpower, S7: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Willpower, S8: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The light wash over the dead, to startlingly little effect.


The two groups of skeletons have now converged around Zatinya and Arianna, the two of them surrounded by swords and bones.

s1 vs Arianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
s2 vs Arianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
s5 vs Arianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

s4 vs Zatinya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
s6 vs Zatinya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
s7 vs Zatinya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
s8 vs Zatinya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

s6 to confirm vs Zatinya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Your pack animals you've brought along start backing up nervously, clearly uncomfortable with the fighting.

Party's turn again!


Female Ifrit Bard (Flame Dancer, Juggler) 1 / Rogue (Makeshift Scrapper) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 16 | F+1, R+9, W+2 | Init +8 | Perc +3

One hit for 7 damage.

Zatinya dances, but not quite well enough to avoid a painful blow from one of the skeletons. Another one like that would do her in. She begins fighting back by targeting the skeleton nearest her, but her movements remain quite defensive in nature. Afterwards, she takes a step back.

Two-Weapon Fighting against Skeleton 4, defensive fighting. If it happens to go down, extra attack on Skeleton 8.

Unlit Torch: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 - 2 - 4 = 4; Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Unlit Torch: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 15; Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Status Effects: Bless, Inspire Courage, AC=20


Male Human Investigator(3) l HP 24/24 l AC15, T13, FF12 l F +2 R +6 W +3 Ini +3 l Spd 30 l CMB +3, CMD 16

Gren drops his rapier and opens Lorien's pack. His eyes are immediately drawn to the reflective surface of her silver battle aspergillum. As quickly as he can, he grabs it and hears a soft sloshing sound coming from inside the weapon.

"Whoever made this did a fine job"

With that done, Gren looks back up trying to judge where best to re-enter the fray and help his beleaguered companions.

"Well done Zatinya, keep at them!"

Free: Drop rapier
Move: Take the aspergillum from Lorien


Male Human Investigator(3) l HP 24/24 l AC15, T13, FF12 l F +2 R +6 W +3 Ini +3 l Spd 30 l CMB +3, CMD 16

Gren stands ready to meet the next threat.

Standard Attack with Aspergillum/bless/inspire courage: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6
Damage/Holy Water/Inspire Courage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7

Standard: Ready a standard attack if one comes in range


(EO: Yes) Kineticist 3 | HP: 33/33 (3 NL) | AC: 17 / T: 12 / FF: 15 / DR: 2/Ada | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | R. Atk: +6 (2d6+6) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +4, Perception: +10

Rhiannon was starting to feel awfully lonely - especially because she apparently hadn't quite managed to smash her target earlier. Unfortunately, flinging boulders was about all she was good for here-

Ranged Attack vs Enemy #6: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

-and her next attack was no better than the last, simply bouncing off of her target's armor. Frowning, she maneuvered over towards the others to close up their ranks a bit. If she could just hit something, she could probably damage it enough to let someone else finish it off...


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 3 HP: 27/31 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +4 | Per:+9, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

Attack 1 vs. Skelly 2 (2-Weapon Fighting, Bless, Inspire Courage, Favored Enemy): 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 8
Attack 2 vs. Skelly 2 (2-Weapon Fighting, Bless, Inspire Courage, Favored Enemy): 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 9

Arianna continues to dodge the blows the skeletons send her way, sidestepping one, ducking another, then sending another high with a well timed block. The ranger has less luck with her counter attack, missing twice as her blows go wide of the most damaged skeleton. She continues to retreat, hoping the others are having better luck than she is.


RAGING:
hp34/34 l AC15, T11, FF12 l F +7, R +4, W +7 Ini +5 l Atk +9 (1d10+7) CMB +7 CMD18
Wyvaran Bloodrager2 l hp28/28 l AC17, T13, FF14 l F +5 R +4 W +5 Ini +5 l Spd40 [Fly40] l CMB +6, CMD19 l Rage 10/10

++Round 3++

Growling in irritation when the skeleton he struck didn't fall to pieces like the last one, Kesh's wings beat powerfully, arresting his forward movement and turning him around. Screaming incoherently he tries to finish what he started.

Given my position up in the air, would this count as a flank?
Attack Skeleton #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 16 if flank applies Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


female Aasimar
Spoiler:
HP 31/31 Ini+2 Sp30" Ac 17 T12 FF15 F5 R2 W 8 Per+12
Cleric (Herald Caller) 3

Seeing Gren and Arianne wounded Lorien channels positive energy to heal them.
Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Hmm. I think you flank. The general spirit of the rules seem to be that you ignore 3d considerations when you can. That said, if you spend a turn flying less than half speed in movement, you have to make a DC 10 fly check.

Keshokkar bashes the spine of the skeleton to pieces, and it falls apart.

The five remaining skeletons close in on Lorien and Arianna.

s1 vs Arianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
s5 vs Arianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

s8 vs Lorien: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
s7 vs Lorien: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
s4 vs Lorien: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Female Aasimar (Idyllkin) Ranger 3 HP: 27/31 | AC: 16/13/13 | Resistances: Acid 5, Cold 5, Electricity 5 | F +5, R +6, W +4 | Per:+9, Init: +3 | Arrows: 18

Attack 1 vs. Skelly 5 (2-Weapon Fighting, Bless, Inspire Courage, Favored Enemy, Flank): 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 22
Damage (Main-Hand, Favored Enemy, Inspire Courage): 1d4 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 8
Attack 2 vs. Skelly 5 (2-Weapon Fighting, Bless, Inspire Courage, Favored Enemy, Flank): 1d20 + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 26
Damage (Off-Hand, Favored Enemy, Inspire Courage): 1d4 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 8

Arianna finally finds a rhythm and lands two bone-splintering blows on the skeleton before dancing back and to the side another step, angling to regroup with the others.

[ooc]Please tell me 16 points of damage is enough to kill these things.


(EO: Yes) Kineticist 3 | HP: 33/33 (3 NL) | AC: 17 / T: 12 / FF: 15 / DR: 2/Ada | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | R. Atk: +6 (2d6+6) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Init: +4, Perception: +10

For the moment, at least, the enemies weren't managing to do too much. More importantly, it looked like they were finally whittling down the enemies... but they didn't need to get caught in a pincer, and when foes were engaged in melee, her accuracy got worse. Instead, Rhiannon gestured, and a wall of rock shot up to Arianna's north to block passage by the skeleton that still seemed to be in there. It wouldn't hold a determined foe off for very long, but it would at least slow it down and let Arianna focus on a pincer of her own.

Kinetic Cover to the north of Arianna's square - marked with a brown line. It has AC 5, Hardness 0, and 4 HP.


Female Ifrit Bard (Flame Dancer, Juggler) 1 / Rogue (Makeshift Scrapper) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 16 | F+1, R+9, W+2 | Init +8 | Perc +3

I assumed Zatinya also gets healed by Lorien's channel. Also, I just noticed the skeleton damage tallies on the combat map - very helpful!

As the skeletons stop pursuing Zatinya and start going for Lorien, Zatinya uses the opening to try a more aggressive stance against the most injured skeleton near her.

TWF against #8
Unlit Torch: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 23; Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Unlit Torch: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 22; Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Take that you bag of bones!"


RAGING:
hp34/34 l AC15, T11, FF12 l F +7, R +4, W +7 Ini +5 l Atk +9 (1d10+7) CMB +7 CMD18
Wyvaran Bloodrager2 l hp28/28 l AC17, T13, FF14 l F +5 R +4 W +5 Ini +5 l Spd40 [Fly40] l CMB +6, CMD19 l Rage 10/10

++Round 4++

I'm pretty sure I moved 25ft out of 40ft. Diagonal movement is still +5 -> +10 -> +5 -> +10 -> etc right? Or is that another 3.5 rule I'm accidentally carrying over?

Seeing Arianna's situation now much more equitable with two of the skeletons destroyed, Keshokkar lets his wings carry him forward into another strike against the undead pressing his other companions.

Attack vs Skeleton #4!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Damage!: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Human Investigator(3) l HP 24/24 l AC15, T13, FF12 l F +2 R +6 W +3 Ini +3 l Spd 30 l CMB +3, CMD 16

Finally finding an opening, Gren steps back into the fray and takes a swing at one of the skeletons menacing Zatinya.

Attack Skeleton 8: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4

Move one space NE -I'm on mobile so can't move myself. Can somebody put me in the square north of Z?
Standard - Attack


female Aasimar
Spoiler:
HP 31/31 Ini+2 Sp30" Ac 17 T12 FF15 F5 R2 W 8 Per+12
Cleric (Herald Caller) 3

Taking a step back and not to be daunted Lorien channels again, again to harm the unliving
Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Dc18 3/8


Willpower S4 v Positive energy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Willpower S7 v Positive energy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

You seem to be catching a break - the majority of the skeletons have fallen, things are looking up.

S1 attack v Arianna, cover: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 4 = 16, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
S4 attack v Zatinya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
S7 attack v Zatinya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22, 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

S4 crit confirm v Zatinya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
S7 crit confirm v Zatinya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

1 to 50 of 660 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Tomb of Abysthor [IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.