Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Past Returns (Inactive)

Game Master sunshadow21

Updated Map


451 to 500 of 1,421 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

"Perhaps he didn't. We won't know for certain until we learn the truth."

Have we searched the whole downstairs area? I didn't see any descriptions of doors or other exits.


There is the a hallway beyond the opening in the brick wall that the single blood trail runs down. It's part of the basement that apparently was sealed off from the rest for some reason, but someone unsealed it.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

"Magnhlidr, that way!" Krojun says as he points to the trail of blood leading through the opening in the brick wall.


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 2/3 Summon Monster 1 - 4/4
Summoner 2 (HP 21/22; AC:20/16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Conditions:
Shield.

"Ameiko might be in there..."

Not wanting to wait for anyone, both Rohan and Copper recklessly run past Magnhlidr and Krojun, through the opening in the brick wall to find....


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Relying on the light from Krojun's whip, Talon's half-elven eyes scan the dim recesses of the room an the trail to see if he can pick up anything of significance. His rapier is drawn and he holds it out in front of him at the ready.

"It didn't look like anything came out of this mess topside - this may lead to another route of escape. I pray Ameiko is safe."

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

"Hold it!"

Magnhildr reaches for both Rohan's collar and Copperscale's tail.

"We don't know what's back there. I can see in the dark and I'm a good bit tougher than I look. Let me go first, I'll yell if anything's amiss."

Mags grabs her greatsword and tries her best to keep quiet and follow the trail. Her blue glowing eyes sweeping the darkness for enemies and traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 2/3 Summon Monster 1 - 4/4
Summoner 2 (HP 21/22; AC:20/16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Conditions:
Shield.

At the rate he was moving, Rohan almost falls on his back as Magnhlidr grabs him. "Every second we wait, is another second they could be hurting her. I don't want to find her like we found her father."


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

"Nor do I, but I ain't lettin' ye run off and get yerself killed and let ever'one know we're here while ye're at it."

Mags accent slips through as she grabs her sword and pushes ahead of the over-eager summoner.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

"Let her lead the way", Krojun says. "There's no stopping a woman that's put her mind to something, doubly so for an Ulfen woman."


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 2/3 Summon Monster 1 - 4/4
Summoner 2 (HP 21/22; AC:20/16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Conditions:
Shield.

Rohan resisted the urge to argue, Magnhlidr was not the enemy. The goblin's and possibly Ameiko's brother were. "Fine. Lead the way."


Male Eidolon(Quadruped) (HP 10/10; AC:16, T:13, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+6 Will:+0; Init+3; Perception +12) (Effects: None)

"Don't worry. We'll save her. Believe it!"


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 2/3 Summon Monster 1 - 4/4
Summoner 2 (HP 21/22; AC:20/16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Conditions:
Shield.

ROhan can't help but crack a smile. "I hope you're right."


Continuing into this wall off section of the basement, you find four things of note. The first is a body at the end of the blood trail; it is a younger version of the older man whose body you just passed. Morstralla recognizes him, after a moment's reflection as Tsuto. His body lies near the entrance of a opening that leads to a cave going down and that is clearly not part of the basement. Checking the rest of the basement, you find another brick wall across the hallway, much like the first except this one is still intact, an office where someone has obviously been living recently, and a locked door, the only one you have encountered down here.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Krojun studies Tsuto's body briefly.

"What killed him? Or perhaps the goblins turned on their master and killed them both?"

The Shoanti growls in frustration at the locked door.

Is there a rogue in the house?


Studying Tsuto's body briefly, there's too much blood to make much out, but one thing stands out. Whoever cut him down was a skilled swordsman, as almost all of the cuts were well placed, and any one of them could have been the final, mortal wound that drove Tsuto to retreat.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Krojun probably wouldnt know this, but was his father known to be a skilled swordsman? Is it possible they killed each other?


F Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"Krojun, I find it unlikely that they all met their fate here. Additionally, we still haven't found Ameiko either living or dead which likely means she went with the victors assuming she was present.

A skilled swordsman amongst goblins? Doubtful. Somebody else is surely involved here.

Lonjiku should have a key to the locks, right?"


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

Talon surveys the scene, paying particular attention to both bodies in the hallway - anything removed, anything donw to them post mortem, anything clutched in their hands ... he then listens at the entrance to the pathway down.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

He then runs to the locked door once he hears of its and attempts to unlock it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


You recall seeing a rather fine blade in Lonjiku's hand as you passed his body, and he certainly bore himself with enough honor that in his youth it is reasonable to assume he could have backed it up with steel. Once you passed the brick wall, the only bodies you saw were Lonjiku and Tsuto, suggesting that if there were others, they weren't part of the battle and fled, as there is no one living, aside from yourself, present now that you have encountered thus far.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

"If father and son slew each other, who was the victor that left with Ameiko?", Krojun asks aloud as Talon tends to the door.


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 2/3 Summon Monster 1 - 4/4
Summoner 2 (HP 21/22; AC:20/16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Conditions:
Shield.

"This is getting worse by the minute. At least if one of her family had her captive, there was a chance of her not being hurt. I think whoever was behind the recent goblin troubles has Ameiko now. But I have no idea who that could be."


Male Eidolon(Quadruped) (HP 10/10; AC:16, T:13, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+6 Will:+0; Init+3; Perception +12) (Effects: None)

Copper goes up to help Talon with the lock should he need it.

He aids automatically so Talon gets a +2


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

"If they have her, and there is so much bloodshed here, why keep her, what is the motive, what part does she play besides misfortune?"


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 2/3 Summon Monster 1 - 4/4
Summoner 2 (HP 21/22; AC:20/16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Conditions:
Shield.

"I wish I knew. I wish I could do more..." Rohan grips his weapon angrily.


Talon is easily able to bypass the lock; it's a thoroughly average lock. You open the door, and find what is, or was, probably record storage, but currently is a prison cell of a bound and gagged Ameiko. She looks less than entirely well, but doesn't seem to have suffered any major damage.


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 2/3 Summon Monster 1 - 4/4
Summoner 2 (HP 21/22; AC:20/16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Conditions:
Shield.

Rohan drops his weapon as he rushes over to free Ameiko. "Are you alright? What happened? Did they hurt you?" He quickly unbinds and ungags the Tian woman as he helps her to her feet.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Krojun stands guard while Rohan sees to Ameiko.

"Mortralla can you tend to her wounds? The glassworks workers can get Ameiko out of here while we search the rest of the building."


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 2/3 Summon Monster 1 - 4/4
Summoner 2 (HP 21/22; AC:20/16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Conditions:
Shield.

"No, we should make sure she gets home safely. I doubt the laborers can protect her from whoever took her in the first place."

"Speaking of which, who did this to you. At first we thought it was your brother, but we found his body here in the glassworks."


Ameiko takes a few minutes to really come to. Morstralla finds that she actually has few physical wounds or damage. As you ask her your questions, she just looks a bit dazed until you mention her brother's death. "Tsuto is..dead? Is that what noise a bit earlier was about? I fear I know little of what happened. I came to meet with my brother, and after refusing to go along with his schemes, he tied me up, saying he would have to check with Nualia before determining my fate. Shortly after, I heard some noise for about about a minute, and all went completely silent until you appeared." You are able to get little more out of her as the foreman rather firmly takes her under his wing, advising you that the tunnel you saw was an old smuggler tunnel that led down to the beach, and that one of the men was guarding the office door until you had had a chance to search it.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

"They'll get her home just fine. Whoever did this was a coward and wouldn't dare try something like it again in the daylight", Krojun says.

"The sheriff trusted us to keep Sandpoint safe in his absence. We have to make sure the glassworks is clear."


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 2/3 Summon Monster 1 - 4/4
Summoner 2 (HP 21/22; AC:20/16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Conditions:
Shield.

"Who's Nualia? What schemes? It seems as though your father and your brother engaged in battle. Neither one was left standing. I'm sorry."


F Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"Nualia's dead. She died with Father Tobyn in the fire five years ago. She was his adopted daughter. She was said to have been blessed by Desna with unearthly beauty. It was tragic really."


Male Eidolon(Quadruped) (HP 10/10; AC:16, T:13, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+6 Will:+0; Init+3; Perception +12) (Effects: None)

"Maybe this is a different Nualia? Or she didn't stay dead."


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Putting some of the information together, Krojun speaks up again.

"Weren't her remains some of the ones stolen during the raid? Is it possible someone used foul magic to bring her back from the dead?"


Resources:
1st Level Spells - 2/3 Summon Monster 1 - 4/4
Summoner 2 (HP 21/22; AC:20/16, T:12, FF:14; Fort:+2 Ref:+2 Will:+3; Init+4; Perception -1)
Conditions:
Shield.

"That's true. But why would they do that? She was just some priest's daughter right?"


F Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

"I would assume her remains would be with Father Tobyn's, but I'm not certain. They could have both been taken, but the break-in just happened a few days ago so that makes it unlikely that it'd be her."


Half-Elven Rogue Lvl 3 HP 19/19 INIT+6 AC 16 CMB+4 CMD+16 MW Rapier/MW S. Sword (+6,+4/+2) 1d6+2/18-20x2/19-20x2 S. Bow (+5) 1d6+2/x3 (F:1 R:9 W:1)

"Perhapas we could go back to the scene of the battle - maybe there is some clue as to who or what did this. Was it some magical power, if it were men how many, a beast ... what kind? We should follow the pathway to the beach to see if there are clues there as well."


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Krojun nods.

"But we secure this building first. If there's goblins or something worse in here, we can't have it escaping into the town while we are away."

"Magnhldr, let's check the frontroom."


The men have secured the rest of the building by now. There was battle in the work area with the furnaces, but the flow of bodies suggests that the battle started upstairs, and moved down here. The only things that remain uninvestigated and/or unsecured are the office/temporary dorm and the smuggler's tunnel.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Krojun will head to the offices (or point Mags in that direction).


The office next door to Ameiko's temporary prison was, as the foreman explains once the office of a smuggling operation that got shut down at some point in the past, and bricked off from the rest of the basement by Lonjiku. He thinks that Tsuto had to be the one responsible for bringing it back into play, as the old man never would have even considered it, and the scene in the office bears that out. There is a cot and a small chest in one corner, and a desk is the only other major piece of furniture. It takes surprisingly little time to find Tsuto's journal, as if he believed that he had the old man cowed enough that he didn't have to worry about much. The scene you first saw on your way in suggests otherwise.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Krojun studied the journal while he left the chest and its potential contents to more subtle hands.

Talon, that's you.

The Shoanti frowned at the assortment of names and titles.

"Ripnuggut."

"Quasit."

"Bruthazum."

"Maleshnekor."

"Thistletop."

"Are any of these names familiar to you Morstralla?"

If any of these are relevant.

Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


The chest isn't even locked, and holds mostly some clothes, and similar day to day travel items. The most exciting thing is a small coin purse at the bottom with 120 gp.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Exciting! Is there anything else of interest in the desk?

Do my knowledge checks reveal any useful information?


A quasit is an evil outsider of some kind, never good to see mentioned unless you have evil in mind.

Some of the rest is related to the scene of talking with Shalelu that I just realized I passed over. For now none of the rest means anything, but after you return to the town proper, remind me to have you sit down with Shalelu. Knowledge (local) might help for some of them, but not all of them.


Male Shoanti Thundercaller 3 - HP: 37/37 | AC: 15, Touch: 10, FF: 15 | Saves: Fort: +7, Reflex: +4, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3
Resources:
Inspire 6/8 | Rage 6/7

Noted.

Krojun stows the journal and makes sure Talon collects the coins.

"Let us see what is down that smuggler's tunnel", the big Shoanti says.

Krojun will lead the way down (or push Mags in that direction).


HP: 22/28 NL: 0 | AC 18/12/16 | F +5, R +2, W+1 | Per:+6, Init: +2 | Rage: 14/14

Sorry, I've been busy all day.
Quick question about Tsuto's wounds, can Mags tell if the blade that made them is the same or similar to the one that Longiku held?

Magnhildr is silent as she scouts and and generally stays out of the way. She was quickly realizing that stories of slaughter are one thing. The actually thing is much, much worse. She notices the cuts on Tsuto and the blade in Longiku's hand, and her mind tries to piece together what happened.

When Krojun suggests scouting the tunnel, she stalks ahead as quietly as she can.

Survival (Only skill she has that I think might work.): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Eidolon(Quadruped) (HP 10/10; AC:16, T:13, FF:14; Fort:+3 Ref:+6 Will:+0; Init+3; Perception +12) (Effects: None)

Copper follows right behind Mags, nose to the ground looking for tracks while staying quiet in the tunnel.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Survival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


F Dwarf Cleric of Abadar 2

Responding to Krojun's questions, "I believe a quasit is a lesser demon sometimes used as a familiar. Thistletop is just one of the names of the tribes of goblins in the area, Shalelu would know more about them. The other names, I've never heard of them."


Morstralla:
As you look through Tsuto's journal, maybe it's Ameiko's reference to Nualia, but the pictures sure look they could be portraits of the supposedly dead girl.

The smugglers tunnels go down and away from town for about a mile. A secret door opens up onto a small cave that opens up to a small, narrow beach. There are signs of recent goblin habitation, and two other tunnels lead away from the cave. One go south, one goes west; the opening going west seems to have been bricked over at some point, but the brick wall has torn down.

451 to 500 of 1,421 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Past Returns All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.