Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Drow

Game Master Tanis Newlun

Be ready, to explore the Drow's twisted ways...


501 to 550 of 580 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Also if im doing my job right you should have partial cover versus some shots. I said up a ways that i stopped between Naal and the elves. Thats +4 ac so one may miss from that. Also shield other so i take half of what hits and +1 ac


yes you did Luaediin, Naal one hit strikes Luaediin


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

ill take the 9 hit and then half the other hit from sheild other so i take 12 and Naaal you get 12 back.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

I missed the half dmg part, thanks Lua! though gotta try to keep you alive now!


Ok Round 3
two left Naal you back up,


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Luaediin pulls a final arrow and sends it flying towards the closest ones throat.

Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

He puts his bow away and prepares for the elves next move.

ouch double botch! quick draw next level methinks.

Lantern Lodge

M Human Intellectual Fighter 2, Scientist 1

She charges the closest one,

Shin Shin: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 151d8 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (3) + 1 = 8


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

What exactly is the current situation now? Sorry have gotten a little lost.

Norric takes a shot at one of the elves.

Attack(DA):1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18
Damage(DA):1d10 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
Assuming within 30' otherwise reduce by one.


Going to end combat there, the last two Elfs fall to you swords, spells and arrows,

Your now standing on a shattered tower, the blast creaked a large part of it and the stairway down is smashed, you can see to two floors below, where a few elfs seem to be stopping as the way up is no longer there.
You can move around the wreckage with care if you move fast I will need Ref rolls v DC20 so Half speeds. On the tower is still one of the large crossbow like things and and its equipment. Below in the city you can hear what sounds to be a whaling sound and the alarm is raised that some thing is wrong on one of the towers. As yet no one is shooting at you and you think the elfs two floors below have not seen you yet.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Luaediin means to keep them out of the know. He makes a few quick motions and his eyes go black. A bank of fog rolls in around the group of elves below us, hopefully obscuring our location for a bit.

Casting Fog Cloud in the center of the elves. also Luaediin hasn't quite thought of this but I'm curious if there are any other towers in range of the crossbow near us?


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Sorry about wrong profile, was very tired. Had hoped to take a prisoner for intel, but oh well

Naal signals for quiet then checks if she could fit one of the crossbow things in the half empty portable hole.

If she can, she will, otherwise she looks for targets she might hit with it (the crossbow thing). Either way she will take a couple ammo for it carefully wrapped if need be.


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

"So much for the quit taking. Ah well, I was gonna be making some noise soon enough." Norric reloads the barrels of his rifle then will move over to the crossbow type thing and investigate.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Not sure which roll you might want but bonus is the same on the ones I think might be relevant(knowledge engineering and perception). Just let me know if need more then one.


Thats ok Norric you can all see that Luaediins fog has done the trick and for the time being below you all you can hear is Elfs calling out to see if any one is still alive. NNall you can not see any thing to hit with the fog being in the way. Norric you see about 20 large Bolts with what seems to be alcamical heads on them, they also have runes.


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

"Hmm, now these are interesting. They be using more alchemy it seems." Inspecting the bolts, Norric will try to figure out how stable they are so he can take some back to the ship with him for further study.


They seem to activate on firing Norric


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Belgraen walks to the group with a celestial leopard at his side. Bel casually pets it as he addresses his mistress. "How would you like to proceed, Mistress?


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Does it appear that we can blow a main support to collapse a section of the tower using a few of the explosive heads?

Naal will take a quick float up above the fog to peek for targets. "Lets see about prepping a couple of these to fire. Norric call for our ride. Lets leave with a bang. Bel, see about dropping a couple things below us, preferably explosive things."


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Turning to Norrick, "The mistress want's something explosive to drop on the pansy-ass surface elves. What do we have for that?"


O yes on of the at this range will take the whole tower down.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Belgraen moves to where the magical siege engines are. He'll take a seat if one is available. Experimentally poking at things, "Lets see now. What does this does."


The siege engine swings round and points level over the city, two small wheels pop up next to a leaver you see some kind of target sight in front of you.


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

"Oh, I got plenty of explosives, and they were kind enough to leave us some more to play with." Norric will stick two of the bolts into his pack to take with him before pulling out the charges and signal.

I going to assume the signal is visual."If you can get me up above this fog I can signal 'em."

While waiting Norric will start prepping the charges. When Belgraen starts operating the machine, "Now thats interesting."


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Not really following the planning or understanding the technobabble, Luaediin sticks to what hes good at. He stays with Naal bow out and ready constanty watching for agressors.

Perc:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


Luaedill you spot what looks to be a Cleric carrying healing kits levitating up to your side of the platform


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Bel looks for the most effective place to fire and adjusts the siege accordingly.

Engineering 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Belgraen - There seems to be some kind of Barracks where you can see troops marshaling. A large tree like building that could be the city mean rulers home. An area that seems to for Mages. A built up area that could be a market and the three other towers.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5
GM The Drow wrote:
Belgraen - There seems to be some kind of Barracks where you can see troops marshaling. A large tree like building that could be the city mean rulers home. An area that seems to for Mages. A built up area that could be a market and the three other towers.

I was referring to your earlier comment about bringing the whole place down at this range. I thought that means we could fire at some key structural supports to send copious debris crashing down on the elves below.


yep just point downward


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Belgraen points it downward.
"Everyone ready?"

When indicated Bel will begin firing.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Uner his breath to Naal. my lady thete is help on the way, perhaps we could use his supplies. he indicates the cleric.


The Cleric comes up and sees you looking shocked! He calls out to the ones below


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

The second he sees us and points his head down to project his voice at the others Luaediin unleashes an arrow towards his throat.

Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Naal uses silent image to give the appearance of smoke blowing over the cleric to hide him from the view of those below. 1d100 ⇒ 25

"Pull him in quickly!" She replies urgently to Lua handing him the whip if he needs it.

"Norric, what's the signal? I can simply make it appear above the smoke."

Naal will grow the image to appear as though there is a fire up here as well.

I do love a good deception, hopefully it'll work


The Arrow hits true, hes got no dex mod
Blood gerggels from his mouth as smock billows over him


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

Luaediin looks at the whip in his hands, looks at the cleric, looks at the whip, and just shrugs. He attampts to snag the cleric and tug him in over the platform. Unless hes close enough he can snag him with my polearm. In which case he turns down the whip and does that.

would you like a roll? If so what. Also i do beleive a goid old crossbow of angling would be quite nice right now.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Bel has the siege engine aimed and ready to bring the place down.

"At your command, mistress, we'll bring it down."


note if Begraen fires the tower WILL come down with you on it just to let you know.

Luaediin The cleric is trying to heal himself but can not talk to cast, as he gos for a postion, your whip hits him.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Acrobatics

he fails with such amazing clumsiness your whip snags around his heck.

1 I ask ya

you start to pull him in, he hes eyes gos wide as he looks for the 1st and last time in his life in to the face of a Drow. He trys ato pull out a dagger to cut the whip wile you pull him in. He wets himself in fear.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

With a great tug Luaediin tries to bring the poor cleric over the platform. Still holding his "leash" in one hand he practices his quick draw and levels a pistol at the elfs head. He brings the whip handle to his mouth, putting his pointer finger to his lips, his intent clear as day. Remain quiet or else.

Strength Check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Intimidate:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Just forging ahead as this is sort of out of combat. Just tell me if I need to slow it down.


Nope fine, he is very scarred he looks a young elf.


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

"Gag him and take him with. We could use the intel. Bel that shot is our parting gift."

If Norric is able to describe/show Naal the signal she will include it in the image, making sure it is visible from above only, if possible.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

Bel shrugs and gets off the engine.

"I think we can pull that lever from a distance and it'll fire."

Bel and his celestial leopard re-join the group near the prisoner.


Male Dwarven Gunslinger 5

Seeing Belgraen readying to fire the weapon, "Hold on!! I got plenty to bring it down with out us on it. Don't need to take us down with it. I should be able to time 'em to when they come to investigate after we leave." After Belgraen gets off, Norric shakes his head and mutters, "You'd think he's a youngling."

When Naal'suul mentions her showing the signal above the smoke, he taps his badge; "If ya can do Old Ironhart's badge, that'll be good enough."

Norrick intends to set his charges on the weapon and in key places (hopefully inconspicuous ones) to bring down the tower. He will set the fuses long enough that the elves might have sent someone up to investigate after we have cleared out.


Set Norric soon as you send the signal all hells going to brake lose


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Naal makes the image display a flat badge facing up with the underside all smoky to avoid notice from below.


The ship moves to come to you,
you have 1d10 ⇒ 10 Rounds

160 or 2min 40 seconds untill they get in range to drop rops

Below you can see a few more flyers heading up.


HP: 32/49 | AC20 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD19| F +4| R +5| W +4| Init +2| Per +11 Drow Oracle(black blood battle) 5/Gunslinger 1

permission to fire, my lady?

ill be gone all day today so feel free to roll for me if necissary.


HP:41/41+21 EDTemp| AC:24/18 T:13 | FF:18| CMD:14| F +2/+4| R +4| W +4/+6| Init +3| Per +7/+1414 Drow Master summoner 5

DId we lose Naal?


Yep looks that way, I ws giving her some time to come back, ill PM guys


HP: 30/31 | AC 19 | T 13 | FF 16 | CMD 17 | F +3 | R +5 | W +6 | Init +3 | Per +9 | SR 16

Sorry, my computer is dead, probably permenantly, and dealing with a few other things has slowed me down a bit will be around still and back to full strength in a week or so hopefully, right now all I have is my phone which is sketchy about internet access. I can usually get it but it takes awhile and is much slower at night when I usually post. With all the games I am in it takes some time with my phone.

Consider this a challange Lua, how long can we keep up the ruse? Let them enter the illusion before attacking unless they look like they are ready to attack.

Someone just had to roll max time didn't they! :)
Well looks like it's gonna be a doozie of a challenge alright.


:) yep

As you come around to fire you see a large number of elfs heading up to you area of the tower. You also see the ship swinging round

Ship ETA 16 Rounds and counting

What ya going to do, say or head up to the ship?

elfs heading up in tight formation

3d12 ⇒ (11, 12, 10) = 33

501 to 550 of 580 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Drow; Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.