Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Shadows in Freeport (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful


701 to 750 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Evil GM

RD2 Battle Below:

Sweet - Grabs on Varrel, lets go of swings her short sword hitting once for 6HP.
Creature - bites Varrel for 22 HP.
Varrel - cast light, flies.

---
RD3:

Sweet -
Creature -
Varrel -

Varrel I need to know how high are you flying. The roof is 30 feet above. Remember Varrel is shaken 4 RDs. I don't see where I rolled how long for Sweet. shaken: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Sweet is shaken 2 rounds.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine, seeing here ally wounded twice, but also seeing a lot of damage being dealt from the Pick and from above decides to channel to heal her party this round. She will move K-50 to make sure she catches Riggs and then channel.

Healing Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) = 8


Male Elf Magus 11 AC27/T16/FF23,+4 spell, HP23/81, F14/R11/W12 +2vs Enchantment, Init +4, Perception +22

Let's say Varrel is 20ft above the ground. That means the light reaches from sweet, on Tue ground to ten feet below the ceiling. I'll wait for the creature to act before I post.


M Human Oracle 3

I am awake!

Icabhod powder attacks the worm (-2 hit +4 damage}

Battle Axe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 192d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 4) + 11 = 16


Evil GM

Norjan I need DC17 Reflex save for your pick for half damage to your pick.
corrosive blood damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

Icabhod, I need a DC17 Reflex save for half damage to your battle axe.
corrosive blood damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 6) = 14

RD2: summary

Riggs - hits for 18HP of damage, scorching ray.
Norjan - hits worm for 13HP of damage.
worm - bit Norjan 12HP, plus 5 acid damage.
Icabhod - hits for 16 HP of damage.
Shine - moves to K50 and sends healing channel, 8HP.

---
RD3:

Riggs -
Norjan - missed with his picks.
Worm -
Icabhod -
Shine -


Evil GM

Battle Below RD3:

The flying bat engages Varrel at 20 feet, well above the rogues reach with her short swords.

bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 252d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9

Another chunk of the elf's flesh is torn from his body.

RD3 so far,

Sweet -
Creature - bites Varrel for 9 HP of damage.
Varrel -


M Human Oracle 3

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Seeing the damage to his axe, Icabhod thinks using a hammer might be better.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 <-- Should be no damage after reduction for hardness.

Icabhod - I do not think your axe took any damage. Look at the

DM Baldwin - would a Heavy/Light Pick and a Battle Axe be wood hafted or iron? It would seem strange to have a wood handle on a weapon because of how easy it would break.


Evil GM

The Ultimate Equipment book has pictures and looks like the handle is wood for the pick. Actually mentions being inexpensive weapon for mounted combat. The battle axe actually states wooden haft may be protected and strengthened with metal bands called langets.

Have you figured out the hardness and HPs on your weapons?

Norjan and Icabhod:

This is my quick math on the weapons (double check it)
+1 light pick - 7 hardness (5 light hafted, 2 magic); 12HP (2HP plus 10 for magic)

+1 Heavy pick - 7 hardness (5 one handed hafted, 2 magic); 15HP (5HP plus 10 for magic)

+1 Battle Axe - 7 hardness (5 one handed hafted, 2 magic); 15HP (5HP plus 10 for magic)

Norjan if my math is correct, your heavy pick would have taken 2 HP of damage in RD2.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Battle Below:

Varrel lifted off after I let go. Would I not get an AOO as the bat left where we were to where Varrel is now?


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Oh Shine's turn she throws another flame at the worm.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 261d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 - 5 flames remaining

She calls out to the two fighters Remember I can mend your weapons if they are not fully broken.


Evil GM

Battle Below:
The bat has been biting from above actually...it would have been hard to hit it in the first place over your head. However this wasn't clear, so go head and take it. The creature would have had an AOO on Varrel since he flew through the threaten area but I didn't take it.


Evil GM

RD3:

The worm directs its attention to Icahbod it hissing out an arc of lightning.

Ranged Touch attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Lightning, DC16 half damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 3) = 7


Evil GM

RD3: Mid-RD update

Riggs -
Norjan - missed with his picks.
Worm - lightning at Icahbod.
Icabhod -
Shine - 9 HP of damage, produce flame.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Riggs - I had asked earlier if you had the Message spell up and can talk to the people in the pit. Do you? Can you?


Evil GM

Shine - Riggs did not have the message spell up that was the night before.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

DM Baldwin:

I am confused. You did 7 damage, 1/2 if reflex save is made. I rolled a 19. While technically, I take no damage if 1/2 damage usually because of Evasion, in the case of my weapon, I will assume that evasion does not work - does not seem realistic to me although I suppose someone could make an argument related to it as RAW.

Thus, with the 7 damage - 1/2 would be 3 or 4, not sure about rounding. The hardness of my pick, even with a wooden handle, would be 7. Since I deduct Hardness sort of like DR for monsters, then the pick should not have taken any damage. Please correct me if I am missing anything.

We all need to make a list of regular spells we cast so that we are prepared in the future - Message, Spectral Hand, long duration buffs, etc.


Evil GM

Norjan:
You have every reason to be confused. I was looking at your reflex roll of a 19, rather than the acid roll I made of a 7. Oops, never mind.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Battle Below:

Thanks Baldwin

AOO:
+1 Short Sword Attack:
1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 2 = 21

+1 Short Sword Damage:
1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Elf Magus 11 AC27/T16/FF23,+4 spell, HP23/81, F14/R11/W12 +2vs Enchantment, Init +4, Perception +22

Below:
Varrel was hurting. They needed to get out of here, BADLY. He looks around for an exit, hopefully a narrow tunnel where they could cut down this things flight.
Perception1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Also DM, I made a Knowledge:Arcana to ID the bat earlier, was it successful?.Also is the bat Hovering adjacent to me? Or is it above me, more than 5ft away? Where it is depends if I full attack or close+strike or just spell


Evil GM

Battle Below:

Sweet your AOO hits.

Varrel I provided a lot of information about the bat after your knowledge roll. LINK

The Bat is next to you it's a large creature. Sweet the Bat is now out of range from your short sword. Remember spells require DC17 plus the spell level for a concentration check as it yips constantly.

There are two passages your can observe they are located on the map.

RD3 so far,

Sweet -
Creature - bites Varrel for 9 HP of damage.
Varrel -

PIT MAP


M Human Oracle 3

Reflexsave: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Add +2 if this thing is evil.

Odd. I tried quoting your post so it could be refered to this one but it ended up merging the die rolls into some crazy levels of damage.

Icabhod grunt, draws his MW silver hammer and strikes the worm, hopefully not causing a blood splatter.

MW Silver Hammer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 262d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 6 = 16


Evil GM

Icabhod's attack hits hard and the worm hisses in pain. The acid blood does not effect the blunt weapon. Then when Shine hits it with the flame it drops to the ground.


Evil GM

RD3: Summary

Riggs -
Norjan - missed with his picks.
Worm - lightning at Icahbod.
Icabhod - hits the worm for 16 HP
Shine - 9 HP of damage, produce flame and drops it to the ground.


Male Elf Magus 11 AC27/T16/FF23,+4 spell, HP23/81, F14/R11/W12 +2vs Enchantment, Init +4, Perception +22
baldwin the merciful wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

PIT MAP

DM:
sorry missed your knowledge post.

Seeing a narrow corridor to the south, Varrel uses the WITHDRAW ACTION to fly to H5.
Get in here. If it follows he'll have to land and squeeze.


Male Human Fighter(Two Weapon Warrior)/4 - Monk of Many Styles/2 - HP: 58/58; AC 20, FF 17, T 13; F+9,R+8,W+6/7; Init+5; Per+10

Turning to Shine - If you have any more healing magic, I could use some about now. Took a few shots that I should have avoided had I used better tactics.

And, now lets get into this pit and see rescue our companions.

As soon as Shine heals him some, Norjan turns and hurries over the the pit. Once there, he asks one of the others to hold the rope (or to tie it to a tree) and then jumps into the pit while holding securely to the rope so that he will not fall should the pit open again.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Shine's next action:

Shine will spontaneously cast a healing spell on Norjan saying The blessing of the goddess upon you as she does.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) + 6 = 13

My dice are cursed tonigiht. That is the third spell in a row eith 3+ dice that have been well below average. :)


Evil GM

Varrel:
When you head to H5, the roof is tight for you. it narrows down to 5 feet high. Make perception check.

Sweet:
Take your RD 3 Action and we are heading into RD4


Evil GM

Battle Below:

RD3 so far,

Sweet -
Creature - bites Varrel for 9 HP of damage.
Varrel - withdrawals south into a small tunnel.

---

RD4

Sweet -
Creature -
Varrel -


Male Elf Magus 11 AC27/T16/FF23,+4 spell, HP23/81, F14/R11/W12 +2vs Enchantment, Init +4, Perception +22

Battle below:
Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
I'll wait and see what the Bat does before I act.


Evil GM

Varrel:
As you touch down at H4 to step into H5 (its too low to to fly in H5). You notice a transparent puddle, and dripping from the walls, that stretches into the area where you are heading. What are you doing?


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"Thanks for the healing, Shine!" Riggs calls out as he descends to the ground, upon seeing the worm destroyed. He watches the stronger of the group attempt to figure a way into the depression. He chugs the healing potion as he attempts to get back into the fight.

HP 28/44 before drinking his potion.

Potion of Cire Moderate Wounds 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 3 = 12

40/44 HP after the potion.


F Gnome (Lava) Cleric 6 (HP 48/48, Current AC 26/26/15, F +8, R +4, W +9 Init. +1, Perc. +9)

Since you are flying, maybe you can re-spring that pit trap?


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

"Sounds like a plan, Shine. Everyone watch out...". Riggs hovers just above the ground, then slightly sinks to touch the spot on the stairs where the original trap sprang, wanting it to open, while being ready to fly out of danger.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Battle Below:

Round 3:

Sweet moves 20' (to H3) and gets ready to attack the bat if it gets in range.


M Human Oracle 3

Icabhod will use his increased size to help brace the rope for Norjan.


Male Elf Magus 11 AC27/T16/FF23,+4 spell, HP23/81, F14/R11/W12 +2vs Enchantment, Init +4, Perception +22

Battle Below:
Concentration to cast vs Screech DC 201d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 5 = 31
Now in the relative safety of the low tunnel Varrel goes offensive. He casts FLAMING SPHERE below the bat and commands it to jump 30ft high to reach the bat. (If the bat is currently too high he will have the ball move to hit the bat as it dives to attack.
Bat makes a DC 17 reflex or 3d6 fire


Male Elf Magus 11 AC27/T16/FF23,+4 spell, HP23/81, F14/R11/W12 +2vs Enchantment, Init +4, Perception +22

Battle Below:
Concentration to cast vs Screech DC 181d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 5 = 12
Now in the safety of the low tunnel Varrel casts FLAMING SPHERE(Ref DC17 or 3d6 fire damage) to appear below the Bat and uses a move action to make it jump 30ft to burn.
(If the bat is too high, Varrel times the jump for when the Bat dives to attack. The spell lasts 6 rounds)


Evil GM

Battle Below RD3 & RD4:

RD3:

Sweet - Moves to H3.
Creature - bites Varrel for 9 HP of damage.
Varrel - withdrawals south into a small tunnel walks into an ooze.
Ooze - Hit Varrel for 7 HP, plus 1 Acid.

RD 3:
Meanwhile Varrel did not stop when he saw the translucent puddle and dripping and stepped into a gray ooze (automatic hit) slam: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 plus acid: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Grab attempt against CMD 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

The grab attempt on Varrel fails.

Varrel what are you doing? You went right into the ooze in RD3. Its an automatic hit. You made your concentration check in RD4 and was casting flaming sphere at the bat but you may want to edit what you are doing in round 4, since you walked into the ooze.

---

RD4

Sweet - moved back under the bat at G3, missed his attack.

Bat - attacked Sweet.

Varrel - Casts Flaming Sphere. (It looks like you double posted your actions with two different concentrations. I'll use your first one in the 4th RD.

Ooze-

---

RD4: The bat dives towards Sweet. It will use its bite while flapping its wings Fly check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 It maintains it flight.

bite strike at Sweet: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 132d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2) + 5 = 11
I think that hits your 21 AC.

CURRENT PIT MAP


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Battle Below:

What squares? Is the bat 5 or 10 feet away?
HP: 43-9=34


Evil GM

Sweet:
I put the map up in my last post. The cave narrows and is reduced in height where Varrel is located. The large bat is in Hex F3/4,G3/4. It is 5 feet off the ground pecking down at you. How tall are you? You can reach it with your arms extending up.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Battle Below:

Have the map up. Just wanted to make sure of its coordinates.
Sweet steps under the bat to G3 and then extends her arm to stab the bat in the soft part of it's abdomen.

w/ Pirhana Strike Attack:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

w/ Pirhana Strike Damage:
1d4 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

w/ Pirhana Strike Attack:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

w/ Pirhana Strike Damage:
1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Crap Rolls!!


Evil GM

Riggs touching the stairs does not trigger any trap.

Norjan as you leap into the middle of the pit the trap door springs and you drop down. Icahbod is able to wrap the rope around a small bush and he can help brace it. The bush is small would not hold much weight unless it is held/braced.

Norjan:

Norjan is able to get to the bottom of the pit without injury but you see many spikes at the bottom, some bloody. I need you to make WILL SAVE as you hear shrieking

The rope holds the trapdoor open - at least for now - and everyone hears this ear piercing shriek. The shrieking is mixed with constant yips. I need everyone on the surface to make WILL SAVE.


Evil GM

Sweet:
You missed in RD4. They aren't crappy rolls for the bat! LOL.


Evil GM

I need to stop to see what Varrel is doing. I think he is going to move at least 5ft to H4. He is in a terrible position right now.

Norjan Only:

Initiative:
Norjan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

There is a lot going on right now. I need the Will Save before anything else, I will add you into the battle in RD5. We still have a few things to wrap up in RD4


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5

Battle Below:

Round Five:

Sweet sees the fighter drop into the pit and giggles in excitement. We found a quicker way in! then tumbles to E5 and pokes at the abdomen again.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

w/ Pirhana Strike Attack:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

w/ Pirhana Strike Damage:
1d4 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Crit Confirm:

w/ Pirhana Strike Attack:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

w/ Pirhana Strike Damage:
1d4 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Sry. This will be round 5. I got confused. My round 3 attack should have been my readied action.


Evil GM

Battle Below:
You've already done RD4 action, that will be for RD5. RD4 is not complete right now. Let's wait for Varrel to check in before RD5.


Init +11, Perception +12 (+15 vs. traps), Disable Device: +19 (+22 vs traps), AC 21/16/16, CMD: 15, HP 58/58, Fort: 6, Ref: 12, Will: 5
baldwin the merciful wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Updated last post. I should have used my readied attack first when the bat got in range. I forgot and thought the round 3 attack was the ready.


HP /, AC 18/12/16, F +4, R +4, W +6 Init. +8, Perc. +6

Will 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Elf Magus 11 AC27/T16/FF23,+4 spell, HP23/81, F14/R11/W12 +2vs Enchantment, Init +4, Perception +22

RD4. Varrel completed his casting as described but also took a 5ft step Out of the square with the Ooze. This means that the Flaming Sphere exists but did not jump.

RD5. Varrel flies up 5ft (5ft step), out of the oozes reach and uses a Move action to make the Flaming Sphere burn the bat.
3d6 fire damage, REFLEX DC17

He calls a Warning, Gray Ooze Beneath me! Be careful!

His sword DUR DAGNIR calls to the Magai's mind
You are badly wounded, get to the cleric before you fall!
If we don't kill these beasts we may ALL fall! They can heal me later!

Varrel continues the fight despite his injuries.

701 to 750 of 944 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shadows in Freeport Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.