Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


8,051 to 8,100 of 13,634 << first < prev | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | next > last >>

Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Aralynn translates for the party.

Celestial:

"He said, 'if you would like to discuss terms of surrender, please make your intentions known. I for one have no desire to slay any of you, except perhaps your Draconic children.'"

"They politely declined."

Dyrant continues the discussion based on the events.

"Very good, now, do we have a volunteer to see if the swarms will accompany them down? I still have some CoggySnacks left."

Dyrant pulls out a small pouch of chocolate eels.

"You'll need to survive a barrage of arrows and the attacks of swarms, but a few fireballs should end things quickly."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"Er, Dyrant, the swarms have already gone down the hall. They're not doing anything. Hey..."

Undercommon:

"Stop firing your arrows at me, you cretins! You're not going to be able to kill me, and have only yourselves to blame for what comes next."

"As I was saying, if we are going to set them afire, we may as well do so now."


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"Sounds like a job for a hero! Count me in!"

Glimmil volunteers before Dyrant can even finish describing the potential dangers in the task.

"Go Cauldron Five Point Two!!!"

Glimmil rushes off, shield and hammer in hand, a smile on his face.


Not exactly sure of the plan here, but it seems like Glimmil is headed by himself down the waterway past the portcullis?


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

I think that's the plan.

Status:
Atol HP: 35/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 4/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist
2) Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
3)

Atol casts Protection from Evil on Glimmil before he goes. "Go with god, and stay out of the way of the arrows."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt follows about fifteen feet back, on the ceiling of the hall.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

"Glim, wait! You forgot you eely snacks!...and discussion of the plan!" Dyrant's voice trails off.

Turning to Atol & Finn, Dyrant urges, "Get ready for battle."

Dyrant begins to recall St. Cuthbert's prayers of burning fire, ready to cast them when ready.


Initiative
Atol1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Dyrant 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Finneas 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Finneas Bonus roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Glimmil1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Toffitt 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Kuo-toa 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Swarms - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Finneas = 21
Atol = 20
Glimmil = 16
Dyrant = 13
Toffitt = 10
Swarms = 9 - Delays
Kuo-toa = 8 - delays

Glimmil splashes down the waterway and encounters the same greeting Aralynn and Toffitt received. A half dozen bolts bounce off Glimmil, but the lightning bolt does get his attention. One of the swarms notices him and heads in his direction.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 1) = 8 DC 17 REF for half

1d2 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 2

Swarm 1 - 25 dmg
Swarm 2 - 17 damage

Treating the first kuo-toas as a surprise round with the party up now.

New Map


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Chris, which is the lightning-throwing kuo-toa?


k7-k9 are


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 1, Init 10 {>BC77}

Toffitt moves forard along the ceiling, drawing his bow and firing it at K7.

Status:

**Mutagen, heroism

Init +7 Perception +13 Sense Motive +12
AC 23 (15 touch; 18 flat-footed; uncanny dodge; +1 dodge for crowd control)
CMB +7 CMD 22
HP 38/49
Fort +12 Reflex +13 Will +7 (+2 v. enchant)
Weapon Equipped Bow, Wand
Shield Equipped none
Mutagen ACTIVE (+4 Dex, +2 AC, -2 Wis, 50 minute duration)
Controlled Rage 4 of 5 rounds used
Healing touch 10hp of 30hp used
Elixirs
1 Shield (Glimmil)
- Shield (Finneas) USED
- Shield USED
- Cure light wounds
- Expeditious retreat
2 Alchemical allocation USED
- Alchemical allocation USED
- Invisibility USED
- Alchemical allocation
Wand of Shield 28 charges
Slippers of spider climbing 5 of 10 min. used (2)

Longbow 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Reflex DC17 vs Lightning: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17

-4HP

Glimmil glances over his shoulder one last time as the arrows ricochet off his armor and it energizes with lightning.

This is the greatest plan we have ever executed!! Ever!!

He flashes his pearly whites at everyone to let them know he approves.

"For Jzadirune!!

Delay to after Dyrant...

Status:

Glimmil Status:
HP: 72/72
AC: 26 (+2 from Prot f Evil)

Spells: 1) Divine Favor [ ] Divine Favor [ ]
Smite Left: 1/2
Lay Hands Left: 4/4
Cavalier Challenge Left: 1/1
Active Spells: None

Cog Status:
HP 42/42
AC 29 (+2 from Dyrant)


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 1, Init 13

Dyrant, seeing the brave bravery of the steadfast gnome, salutes Glim from afar, appreciating the heroic heroickyness of the warrior.

Keeping his part of the plan, Dyrant summons all his rage at the abominations of spawns and evil and unleashes what promises to the be the burniest burns of St. Cuthbert's ire.

Cast Fireball at the ground of BD81.

7d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 2, 4, 2, 6, 4) = 26 Fireball vs. DC 20 for half

Dyrant will then move to BF70.

Aralynn will fly to BB73, ready to fly in and save the day if needed.

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17 (Dex+MageArmor)
HP: 42/42
Weapon Equipped = none
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Atol
Healing Touched Today = none
Favor of St. Cuthbert = Dr. Toffee
Fly: 2 of 7 minutes used
Fly, current iteration: 0 of 10 rounds used

Wand of Cure Serious Wounds (2 charges)
Wand of Mage Armor (31/50 charges)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
Scroll of Cure Moderate Wounds

Archon:
AC: 20 (+2 dex, +5 natural, +2 size, +1 dodge)
HP: 21/21
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +7; +4 more vs. poison
Fly 50'

DR 5/evil
Immune Electricity/Petrification
Darkvision 60'
Percept +7

Constant: Detect Evil
At Will: Dancing Lights

3/day: Cure Light Wounds (3/3 left)
3/day: Protection from Evil (3/3 left)

1/week: Commune* @ lvl 12


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 1 Init 21

Status:

HP = 47/61
AC = 24/11/24
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 0/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 2/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Shield

Seeing lighting arcing down the hallway and remembering his earlier zappity doom, Finneas wards himself against electricity.

Resist Energy: Lightning


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 20, Location BG69->BF73

Status:
Atol HP: 35/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 4/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist
2) Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
3)

Atol moves up behind Finneas and casts Bull's Strength on his already large frame.

"May the power of St. Cuthbert help you carry the day."

He then makes sure he's well out of site of the lightning bolts.


vs. DC 20 fireball
K1 - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 - Save - 13 dmg
K2 - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 - save - 13 dmg
K3 - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 - down
K4 - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 - down
K5 - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 - save - 13 dmg
K6 - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 - down
K7 - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 - fail - 26 dmg
K8 - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 - fail - 26 dmg
K9 - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 - save - 13 dmg
Swarm 1 - 25 dmg 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 - save 13 dmg x 1.5 = 19 = 34 total so far
Swarm 2 - 17 damage 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 - fail 26 x 1.5 = 39 = 56 damage so far

Finneas = 21 - Resist energy
Atol = 20 - bull's strength
Dyrant = 13 - fireball
Glimmil = 16 - TBD
Toffitt = 10 - bounces off armor/shield
Swarms = 9 - TBD
Kuo-toa = 8 - TBD

K1 - 13 dmg
K2 - 13 dmg
K3 - 26 dmg - down
K4 - 26 dmg - down
K5 - 13 dmg
K6 - 26 dmg - down
K7 - 26 dmg
K8 - 26 dmg
K9 - 13 dmg
Swarm 1 - 34 damage -
Swarm 2 - 56 damage -

Glimmil to go and then swarms and kuo-toa. K1-K6 are steel shields and rapiers. K7-K9 are banded mail, wooden shield, and morninstars.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"Come on, Froggies!" Glimmil jeers at the room full of kuo-toans, waving his shield around like a conductor's baton.

Ready an action while fighting defensively, trying to serve as a bit of a cork on this fiery bottle.

AC28 with Prot/Evil and Fighting Defensively.


The swarm (S2) moves forward and engulfs Glimmil.
2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9
1d6 ⇒ 4 acid damage

GM Roll:

1d4 ⇒ 4

The kuo-toas step back out of sight. Spellcasting can be heard around the corner.

spellcraft DC 17:
Cure Moderate Wounds

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 8) + 3 = 18
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (8, 1) + 3 = 12
2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 = 7

K1 - 13 dmg
K2 - 13 dmg
K3 - 26 dmg - down
K4 - 26 dmg - down
K5 - 13 dmg
K6 - 26 dmg - down
K7 - 8 dmg
K8 - 14 dmg
K9 - 6 dmg
Swarm 1 - 34 damage -
Swarm 2 - 56 damage -

Party up for Round 2


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 2, Initiative 20, Location BG69->BF73

Status:
Atol HP: 35/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 3/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist
2) Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
3)

If he lingers briefly, Atol touches Finneas with the strength of St. Cuthbert*.

"OK, now go get 'em Finneas. Keep Glimmil from being swarmed all alone out there!"

*Strength Surge(sp): +3 to any strength related task for the next round (attack, damage, CMB/D, etc.)

...if FInneas does not linger, Atol delays.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 2, Init 10

Spellcraft 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

Toffitt moves along the ceiling until he can see the kuo-toa again (there weren't many places for them to hide from him). He then shoots at K7 again (presuming he's able to tell which one is K7).

Longbow 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Confirm 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
2d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 2 = 9

Damn.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 2, Init 13

Dyrant moves to BE71 and lets loose with his second fireball of the day.

Aiming for BD79, should get the squares in front of Glim.

7d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2, 4, 5, 5, 2) = 27 fire damage vs. Reflex DC 20.

Aralynn will stay where she was (BB73).


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 2 Init 21

Status:

HP = 47/61
AC = 24/11/24
Weapon Equipped = Cold Iron Greatsword +1
Speed = 25' (30' unarmored)
Rage/day = 0/7
Oracle Spells Left (CL 4, +9 melee touch, +6 ranged touch):
2 2/4 Resist Energy*, Cure Moderate Wounds*, Fog Cloud, Levitate, Minor Image
1 6/7 Divine Favor*, Shield of Faith*, Remove Fear*, Enlarge Person*, Cure Light Wounds*
0 (at will) Purify Food and Drink*, Create Water, Stabilize, Ghost Sound*, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Spark*
* Allows save DC = 12 + Spell Level
Status Effects = Shield, Resist Energy: Electricity, Strength Surge

Finneas will wait for Atol.

"Thank you Atol. Dyrant I will move up, are you throwing another ball of fire?"

Finneas takes the ceiling and will move to assist the Doctor.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

"I think the holy anger of St. Cuthbert is finished for now. Carry on with Kord's work."


The holy anger of St. Cuthbert lays waste to the kuo-toa as they all drop to the fireball. The room fills with smoke and a sickly smell of a barbeque gone wrong. Even the swarm around Glimmil disperses. A single swarm maintains its integrity and waits to move forward.

K1 - 13 dmg 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
K2 - 13 dmg 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
K3 - 26 dmg - down 1d20 + 7 - 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 7 = 12
K4 - 26 dmg - down 1d20 + 7 - 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 7 = 13
K5 - 13 dmg 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
K6 - 26 dmg - down 1d20 + 7 - 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 7 = 11
K7 - 8 dmg 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
K8 - 14 dmg 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
K9 - 6 dmg 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Swarm 1 - 34 damage - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 = 61 dmg
Swarm 2 - 56 damage - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 = non-moving swarm

Everything dead or dying except for the one swarm.

Glimmil was before Dyrant so still needs to make the distraction save.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Its Glim's save, then the baddies? I can roll a not-1 for Glim if you'd like.

Dyrant prepares to pull out his last and only alchemist fire and 2 oils from his haversack.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt moves deeper into the room, attempting to ascertain whether the kuo-toa were guarding anything in particular (and whether there are any other ways out of the room).

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

-13 damage last round if I got that right.

Fort: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 2 = 19

Holy Garl! I almost ran into that!

Glimmil holds his hammer high, still awaiting a brave frog-man that will close on him, but settles for a few ineffectual swings as the hundreds of swarming froggies hopping around him.

"Ugh, this is no fun!"

Glimmil takes a few steps back (out of the swarm) and looks up to the others for further instruction.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Initiative 20, Location BF73->BE72

Status:
Atol HP: 35/37 (-14 from con loss)
Angel HP: 18/18 (-7 from con loss)
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = -5 con
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Healing Touch: Glimmil, Finneas
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 3/8
Pearl of Power Left: first (0 of 2)
Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Stabilize - Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1) Command, Obscuring Mist
2) Hold Person, Spiritual Weapon
3)

Atol 5' steps to get a better look at the battle field and takes out a scroll of Sound Burst. He then casts it (targeting BC-BD 76-77) so as to miss Glimmil, but hit the still standing swarm (10' burst). (Based on the last map I see. Please feel free to reposition if not accurate.)

Sound Burst 1d8 ⇒ 8 damage and DC 17 (Fort) or be stunned 1 round.


And Atol finishes off the last swarm to thunderous applause.

Toffitt takes a good luck around, but finds no exits.

Dyrant casts detect magic and only finds that the clerics are wearing +1 banded mail.

A single door looms before the party.

Oh, that and an erinyes before the door.

"Hello, again."

"Are you really sure you want to go in there? I'm not going to stop you, but your ability for wanton destruction is admirable and I'd hate for it to end here."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"We will proceed apace. But perhaps you'd like to play first?" Toffitt quickly descends to the ground and fishes out his oil of bless weapon.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Really? I'm confused. I thought you were tasked with protecting this place - and now you're guiding us through?"

Atol eyes the erinyes warily...


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas watches the erinyes while mentally reviewing his resources.


The erinyes smiles at Atol. "You look a bit haggard priest."

"'Tasked'" She hisses the word.

"I'm afraid you misunderstand how things work. I come to an agreement with people of power. Deals are struck. Promises are made. The denizens here are no longer capable of meeting those promises and so I am released from mine."

The erinyes's wings flutter a bit as she addresses the party. "Your deaths would no doubt be satisfying, but I suspect you will offer much more entertainment alive. And, surely someone of power, who can fulfill their promises, will soon pay for what I would do for free." She smiles demurely.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"Holy smiting power of Garl----!!"

Glimmil struggles against the restraint of someone (unless nobody restrains him) from giving the erinyes a mighty smiting for her evil-doing.

"Wait... why's she being nice? Are we being charmed?"

Glimmil looks to Atol for a wise interpretation of her words.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class
GM_Chris wrote:

"I'm afraid you misunderstand how things work. I come to an agreement with people of power. Deals are struck. Promises are made. The denizens here are no longer capable of meeting those promises and so I am released from mine."

The erinyes's wings flutter a bit as she addresses the party. "Your deaths would no doubt be satisfying, but I suspect you will offer much more entertainment alive. And, surely someone of power, who can fulfill their promises, will soon pay for what I would do for free." She smiles demurely.

"Hold Glim, I would speak with this wretch."

Dyrant addresses the deviltress directly.

"What do you want of us? And what do you speak of? What would do for free that you could not attempt right now?" Dyrant asks, keeping some thoughts for himself.

Or did you want to go back to your homeplane permanently? I'm sure you'll look lovely as a Lemure.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"She would like to get paid for trying to kill us, Dyrant. How unsatisfying it would be for her to perish at our hand, without having something to lose as she dies. Very well then... What was your name? Go and find your contract. I'd like you to feel that you're losing something as we end your damned existence."

Toffitt edges closer to Atol, oil in one hand and dueling blade in the other.


The erinyes laughs lightly. "I'm sorry if I confused you priest. I forget that your kind frequently places no value on intelligence. 'My god will save me no matter how stupid I am' and all that nonsense."

"The doctor has it right though. There is no reason--pleasure aside--to kill you right now. Or rather, there is reason enough for me to delay. You dabble in things beyond your comprehension and do not even see the strings attached to you. Perhaps I will make you my puppets and make you dance and swing your swords before I cut your strings."

"I charge you now to go in and kill the dragon. Complete your mission and turn this community into a tomb. I will not hinder you. I will cheer you on to your glory."


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant laughs.

"No, I understood, Doctor. I was just hoping for something more...a bit better out of her." Dyrant returns to address the deviltress.

"I find your gall amusing, but the depth of your failure even more amusing, Deviltress. You have the nerve to stand before us and bemoan the death of your employer...the employers that we just killed....and the ONES YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT!?!"

Dyrant laughs harder.

"Deviltress....I hope *ALL* our enemies have you guarding them. Look at the results!" Dyrant points to the smoking craters that mark the deaths of the kuotoan forces. "I hope every employer from you gets the same quality service!"

Dyrant laughs more.

"And as for strings that bind me? ME, DEVILTRESS!?! MY GOD COMMANDED ME TO BE HERE!! He has sent Angels to our side. Those are strings that I gladly accept for that his will. There are no strings here but the ones that my god commands!"

Dyrant laughs more, trying to contain himself.

"Please, please, please deviltress...let us talk to our respective gods about what has happened here. I was sent to destroy these abominations and you have broken your contract to protect them. Let us talk then about nonsense."

Yeah, Dyrant is a yahoo. A prideful yahoo.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

As the discussion sinks into Atols brain, one thought strikes him more than the others.

"You have no loyalty. How sad that must be for you. You're available to the highest bidder - you'd work for us in fact, if we paid you enough."

Atol shakes his head and wonders at the soulless.

"Before we face another dragon, I think we should prepare. Shall we camp here tonight? Or somewhere dryer."


LOL. Very nice.

CRACK! The erinyes draws her whip and snaps it in front of Dyrant's face.

"You have a biting wit priest, but you Cuthberites do love the lash don't you? Would you like to try mine?"


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas continues to silently move out of the Doctor and Glimmil's way while setting himself up to attack when Dyrant and Atol finish boring her into submission.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

lol@Finneas

"Trollop, if you mean to leave and pretend to pull our strings from elsewhere, just do so. But enough with your empty threats. You've not stopped us thus far, and this time we are much better prepared for you. Go or fight. Choose and be done."

Toffitt completes his movement toward Atol, and stands ready to fight.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant recoils from the Deviltress' whip, remembering what happened last time, and not eager to experience it again.

"No, my whippings are a sign of my obedience to my god.  Your whips holds nothing for me."

Dyrant says nothing else, unwilling to instigate her any further.


"Very well then. Good luck and don't die in there. You do not have my permission to die yet."

With another crack of her whip the erinyes is gone and the path to the door is clear.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Toffitt shakes his head as the erinyes departs. "Oh look, she controls us now — telling us to fight the creature we very obviously came here to fight. When we survive our battle with the dragon, will she say it's because she ordered us to live? If she is a devil lord, clearly she represents the sin of obviousness. We've really got to purchase a scroll of dimensional anchor... "

Looking at Atol, Toffitt frowns. "So, where shall we rest and recuperate? One should not face a dragon with less than a full quiver, so to speak."


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant shrugs to the Doctor.

"Mentally, I cannot be more prepared.  I have enough faith in St. Cuthbert that we will carry the day.  Resting now might give time for it to call allies to its side.  Though have been through much, I believe we should fight."   Dyrant pets Cog on his head.

"It would be good to protect Atol as much as possible, for he is still stricken, but he need his faith.  Let us gird for battle. Our faith's quiver is still full."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

"There is nothing to be gained by haste. If it has allies to call, they are already here. I'm sorry, Dyrant. I think you'll need to fight the dragon without me if you choose to proceed now. I wish you well."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas growls in frustration as the erinyes disappears again.

"Well now what? We know what the dragon can do and now we don't have to worry about her attacking us from behind."

Female: Assuming she wasn't lying.
Fifth: Of course she was lying.
Male: I was distracted, what did she say?


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil stands observant while Dyrant and the wicked woman talk about various things that go over his head.

He tugs on Atol's robes and looks up at the priest, asking for clarifications throughout the conversation.

"What's all this string theory? I bought a puppet in Cauldron, would that help?"

Glimmil fishes around in his bags and beyond the spoons to produce a puppet which he offers to Atol as an apparent critical relic in matters.

**

Once the erinyes has disappeared, Glimmil glances about, further confused.

"She wished us luck? I don't understand. If she wishes us to do something, maybe we shouldn't do it? Maybe this is a good dragon cursed to look like a bad dragon? I remember all kinds of tricks in the stories of Garl Glittergold. Like, this one time, at minstrel camp--"


The fortress is quiet except for the occasional splash of one of the draconic fingerlings to survive Cuthbert's fiery wrath.

8,051 to 8,100 of 13,634 << first < prev | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.