Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


7,501 to 7,550 of 13,320 << first < prev | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | next > last >>

Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:

"Welcome, Aralynn. I must introduce you to Angel. I am pleased to have you join us. I would require your private counsel, if you would freely give it."

"But of course. I noticed there was a lake outside on my way here. Perhaps you would like to go for a swim?"


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil waits impatiently as Dyrant chats with the latest "Angel" bestowed upon him by his Cuthbertian church. He continues to shift several feet to the left every couple minutes, at which point Cog pursues Glimmil, sits next to him and opens his large mouth and pants hot breath again at the gnome.

After getting an impression of the spirit of the new Floaty-Shiny, Glimmil admits his preference in Dyrant's companions.

"I like this new Floaty-Shiny, Dyrant. I can understand what she's saying. Does that mean I've finally learned this Celestie-speak that you guys keep trying to force me to learn?"

Celestial:

"Is your horse's buttocks firm, or does need it pink raisins?"


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant gives Glim a look.

"That's not bad, Glim. You're getting better each day," Dyrant smiles encouragingly. "This new Archon, Aralynn, used to be a powerful water sage of St. Cuthbert. Many would flock to her water's edge to hear her words. The most brave of which would swim to her creamy wet center and dive into her mysteries. The bravest of which would dive deep to glean from her deepest darkest secrets, if they could stand the fishy smell. We should be honored to have a woman with us who has served so many, giving so freely of herself."

Dyrant offers Archon Aralynn a perch on his shoulder while they continue their meeting with Jenya.

"As you can see, Jenya, St. Cuthbert has forgiven me and continues to wish my service. For that, I am grateful. We have returned with the dwarf and now seek to return him to his father. Have you any counsel on this?"


Jenya meets the dwarf and asks him a few questions, but receives no response.

"Perhaps his mind and soul finally recognized his atrocities. Great guilt or great sorrow consumes him now. It is not my place to offer forgiveness or the cudgel. He failed his own people. They will need to judge him or help him."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"I hope after the former they're able to do the latter. He was quite a handful."

He looks to the Dwarf with admiration.

"He'd be quite an ally to have."

I hope I get my manacles back.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant nods and thanks Jenya for her time.

"You have brought me a new guide, another connection to St. Cuthbert. You have my thanks."

Dyrant will don the headbanded gift.

-3500gp for the new familiar. Updating Dyrant's alias tonight.

* * *

Upon leaving the Church of St. Cuthbert uplifted for the first time in months (first the "rejection", then Atol's event), Dyrant smiles upward at the holy symbol that dons the gate and pats it with his hand.

I shall come again. Thank you, St. Cuthbert. I am yours.

Dyrant will lead the party to Lord Vhalantru to relinquish the body of the dwarf.

"He has committed no crimes here in Cauldron, we must keep that in mind. He has merely gone insane and forgotten the light. We should hope that his family and friends will restore is mind."


The party heads to the Cusp of Sunrise to meet with Celeste and Davked Splintershield, but neither of them are present. Lord Vhalantru arrives and explains.

"I'm sorry, but they are unavailable. Lady Celeste said she had to leave town for urgent business. Davked's health deteriated further and he also left town. He is currently with his clan's priests and unavailable. They asked me to bring Zenith to him when you returned."

"Is Zenith okay? I know dwarves are not always the most cordial, but he seems rather sedated for a person just rescued from captivity. I hope things went well for you during your rescue mission. Your party itself has suffered much already."


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant smiles at Lord Vhalantru.

"Zenith is physically fine, but his mind is another matter. When we saw him..." Dyrant will give a long winded account of the events that they went through to recapture the dwarf: slaying the dragon, hydra, and drider, and then the twin battles against the deviltress. "...and that's why you shouldn't trust elves."

Dyrant points to the fluttering Archon next to him.

"While it is true we have suffered much, we have also gained new allies and promise of new friendships."

Dyrant helps hand over Zenith, taking care to recover Atol's manacles.

* * * *

Dyrant adjusts his headband, feeling funky thoughts and rubbing where the headband sits on his head.

Gnomish:

"I think this headband will take some getting used to. It's teaching me this gibberish."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Toffitt greets Lord Vhalantru warmly, but with a studied look of worry.

"There is, unfortunately, more to be done. Zenith had spoken of an army of kuo-toa being gathered for some purpose. In his demented state, he spoke of ill will toward Cauldron, and a threat posed to our city by some entity called the Smoking Eye."

"We would like to return and find further evidence for these threats, but this adventuring is such frightfully expensive business. Would there be any money in the city's coffers to help underwrite such a mission?"

Diplomacy to wrangle some money out of wealthy patrons, Karl Rove style 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol remains sedate during the discussion.

Where is his father? That seems most odd. I hope his illness is not too severe.

We must rush back. We'll still have the horses from before of course, but I wonder if there is a way to speed our journey? I must consult my magics...

Atol takes a mental inventory of his spells, scrolls and other magics while the party chats with the Lord.


Lord Vhalantru looks quizzickly at the archon. "That is a most interesting...device? What does it do?"

1d20 ⇒ 19

He then summons forth a couple guard with a large chest. "Zenith left me the 24,000 gold promised. Unfortunately at this point his clan is in no position to fulfill the alternate reward proposed."

"In regards to the city coffers, we would need to speak with the lord mayor, but I would support your plea. Any threat against our fair city must be dealt with severely."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)
GM_Chris wrote:
"Zenith left me the 24,000 gold promised. Unfortunately at this point his clan is in no position to fulfill the alternate reward proposed."

Atol's reverie is interrupted by Lord Vhalantru.

"Excuse me, but what is wrong with his clan? Has something awful happened? If so, it may be connected to Cauldron and Zenith. What has happened?"


"They are just focused on helping Davked at this time. There has been no new tragedy."


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"Rest assured, the Cauldron Five will prevent anything bad happening from this Smokey Eye! Anything!" Glimmil boasts, his two hands placed on his hips as the shiny buckle of his new belt reflects the room's light at various angles.

We should all get belts with shiny buckles! We have the two we found on the dwarf. Maybe Finneas and Toffit will agree to get matching buckles! Of course would!

Glimmil smiles brightly at both the half-orc and the doctor and awaits a more appropriate time to bring up the idea of everyone wearing shiny belts to indicate their affiliation.


It appears the party hands over Zenith to Lord Vhalntru. The party seems anxious to return to the kuo-toan fortress, but I expect will stay at least the night. I see several possibilities that can be played out as much or little as people are interested:
--Glimmil will stop by Skie's.
--Others will stop by Skie's to place orders.
--Toffitt might have a chance to see a few patients and visit his barber.
--Dyrant and Atol might sermonize and Finneas visit the Kordites.
--Any other research, planning, preparing???


Also, take dragon hide to an armorer.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"I know we all have things we wish to do, but the Kuo-toa should not be left to their own devices long. We must make returning a priority. Agreed?"

It is clear that Atol yearns to return to the underdark...

That said, "Who's off to see Skie. I think I have some business for her at last. Or nearly so depending on what we sell."

Atol accompanies any who travel to Skie's.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds
Atol Lem wrote:
"We must make returning a priority. Agreed?"

Dyrant regards Atol.

"A priority but not a rush? Right, Atol? It took us days to get home...and it will take us days to get back. I do not think a few extra days to properly prepare and tend to matters here will affect too much. Unless there is something I've missed, Atol?"

Dyrant accompanies his friends to Skie's, still adjusting and getting used to his new headgear.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Toffitt concurs with Dyrant. "Maybell and Finolia are both approaching the sixth moon of their pregnancies, and Carts no doubt has some cases that require more involved consultation. Not to mention the fact that I require my own... Consultation."

He stops by Skie's to buy the haversack and order the boro beads and a belt designed to steady his hand in both surgery and battle. "Skie, you are looking lovely as always. Glimmil continues to sing your praise in the language of angels. You should have seen him as he struck down the dragon and fended off the Erinyes. Truly the hero of Cauldron."

He then spends some time checking in on patients at the brothels and in his clinic. He takes a goodly amount of time demonstrating new, uh, surgical techniques to Carts in their exam room.


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

Finneas will take the roll of dragon hide to a local armorsmith and arrange to have the hide prepared for future use. Once the deal is made he shakes the smith's hand heartily before making his way to the temple of Kord. Fully geared and prepared for war he spends at least 4 hours working as hard as he can.

And that's a frog and that's a frog and that's a frog.

Once he is cleaned up from his exertions he heads out for a large tray of satay and then looks about for a tatooist to consult on a new decoration for his arm. Once the design is done to his satisfaction he'll make an appointment within the next few days.

Do I need anything from Skie?


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

"Remember that we may face a dragon, a black one? red? blue?, when we return. Base your preparations around that, please. Atol, your ministrations toward that endeavor would be most appreciated. Our fight with the Deviltress revealed a great weakness within us, the ability to attack at range. The dragon could be in a similar position to exploit that weakness as well. We must be able to respond in kind."

Dyrant clears his throat and continues to sermonize.

"Similarly, the Deviltress had protections that made her immune to much of our weaponry. We know what we might face, we should prepare for overcoming those natural defenses. We have the knowledge and it is only common sense that we prepare!"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

"What weapons would be most effective against the devil? Have you any clue what would most harm a dragon? I believe the halfling said black, did he not?"

Toffitt ponders his options in terms of fighting at range.

"Dyrant, have you any way to help us fly? Can you lend angels' and archons' capacities in such a way?" Let's buy a scroll of fly, eh? Or perhaps a scroll of communal air walk for Atol...


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant shakes his head.

"I wish I could fly. Sadly, all I can do is beg the Archons to lend me their wings. I have heard of potions that would allow flight. There are some arcane spells that would give flight as well. But I have none available to me."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Other than flight, which I cannot easily provide, I'm not sure what I can do against a dragon other than keep us healed and the usual support that I do. Black means acid right? So I'll protect us from acid damage."

"Flying opponents are a real problem for us. Maybe we should pool our resources for flying boots. I think it would be fun to fly."


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

"Oh, yes! We should definitely get something we can fly! It seems the do-badders really aren't fighting fair with their flying and all that. I asked that devil woman several times quite nicely if she'd simply land and fight like a man... err, woman... err, honest, well - you know what I mean."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

"Hard to believe that there are no spellprayers that grant the wings of angels to others. Ah well. There are some formulae that might lend us mortal wings, but I have not yet discovered them."

"Glimmil, you ought to find a sturdy composite bow suited for your size."


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Still have yet to shop, just moving on with RP.

That night, Dyrant will pull Atol aside and address the young priest in a deep tone. It is clear how important these questions are to Dyrant.

"Atol, I should not have been surprised when Angel chose to serve you. I should have known that St. Cuthbert had plans for me...for us!" Dyrant smiles. "We have been doubly blest with two high servants who wish to enjoin us to protect Cauldron. On this I must ask a favor. Angel, now your servant, once knew mighty spellprayers that he would teach me each day so that I might greater serve the Cudgel. While the Archon is a noble and divine servant, she has yet to learn the same prayers. Would you mind asking Angel is she might be willing to spend time with the Archon so that those spellprayers are not lost to us? It would be a grand favor."


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol thinks of the quantity, and quality, of the spells Angel has made available to him and ponders.

I suppose Angel is still somewhat loyal to Dyrant - or perhaps I am not worthy yet of the more preachy spells. Or perhaps Archon must teach Angel as well?

"Dyrant, of course Angel and Archon should celebrate their faith together and share what they know for the greater glory of St. Cuthbert. Shall we do that tonight?"


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

I sure hope Angel doesn't sting the archon... Although I suppose it's hard to poison an orrery...


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant nods along with Atol, thanking him.

"Good Atol, good. The Angel and Archon will meet this night, yes? Give them time to bond, if they haven't already."

That night, Dyrant will ask Aralynn to pray with Angel and to learn the spellprayers so she may join Dyrant in their morning rituals.

Witchery:

Communion for Web: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 Spellcraft

Communion for Summon Monster 3: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26 Spellcraft

Communion for Mage Armor: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 Spellcraft

Communion for Idenitfy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 Spellcraft

Communion for Enlarge Person: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 Spellcraft

Still lost:
Command (DC 16)
Comprehend Languages
Cure Light Wounds
See Invisibility
Web*

*=Can't try again until next level.

Fail on the Web, succeed on the rest. That's all for this night.

Familiars:

Familiar Teaching Familiar: A witch’s familiar can learn spells from another witch’s familiar. To accomplish this, the familiars must spend one hour per level of the spell being taught in communion with one another. At the end of this time, the witch whose familiar is learning a spell must make a Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell level). If the check succeeds, the familiar has learned the spell and the witch may utilize it the next time she prepares spells. If the check fails, the familiar has failed to learn the spell and cannot try to learn that spell again until the witch has gained another rank in Spellcraft.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Remember when GM Chris used to post to this thread? I used to love that.

In the morning, Dyrant will visit Skie's and see if she has a Pot Resist Energy 20 (300gp).

Dyrant will then revisit the Cusp (and perhaps see Lady Cleavage) to do some research on the drawings he made down under.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 Know (nature) Hydra
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Know (dungeoneering) on Drider
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 Know (religion) on the Idol (Blipapooponadeck) and how to properly destroy the altar and break its link to the goddess

Note to self: Ask Atol to bring a scroll that might help with sanctifying the altar.

Dyrant will also ask if Maavu has returned or any news of interest.

1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12 Knowledge: Local

After spending some time in the Cusp Library, Dyrant will look to buy a new horse to replace Gristle. He will call that new nag, "Gristle Too".

Sigh. Poor Gristle.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol rises early and prays for his spells and in thanks for St. Cuthbert's ministrations. He gathers up his adventuring gear and loads them into his pack. He loads up his horse with a few other odds and ends and waits in the stable for the rest of the party.

"...guys?"

After a while he realizes we are not returning to the underdark today. Frustrated at the delay, he goes to the church to pray and find patience. While there he spends the morning helping out doing whatever odd jobs may be needed.

He's surprised to learn just how far he's come in such a short time. It seems like just a few months have passed, and he's already more powerful than some of his former teachers. Remembering his death not long ago, he retains his humility and even manages a smile as he mucks out the stables.

That afternoon he visits Skie's briefly to pick up the Oil of Daylight he ordered (-750gp). He'll also stop by Dr. Toffitt's to aid his sick and needy, but Atol doesn't do much preaching. He's too distracted by what must be done below to save Cauldron.

He turns in early to be ready for the following day, when surely the party will be ready to again undertake the underdark.


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
Remember when GM Chris used to post to this thread? I used to love that.

GM Chris needs something to respond to or recognize the party is ready to head out of town again.


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:
In the morning, Dyrant will visit Skie's and see if she has a Pot Resist Energy 20 (300gp).

Skie searches her wares, but is unable to find one. If Dyrant has overcome is phobia of the church, Jenya has one available at a discount.

1d100 ⇒ 17
1d100 ⇒ 7


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:

Dyrant will then revisit the Cusp (and perhaps see Lady Cleavage) to do some research on the drawings he made down under.

1d20+10 Know (nature) Hydra
1d20+8 Know (dungeoneering) on Drider
1d20+14 Know (religion) on the Idol (Blipapooponadeck) and how to properly destroy the altar and break its link to the goddess

Dyrant avails himself of the Cusp of Sunrise's library. The wealth of information he finds makes up for their lack of what he would consider good stew. He finds a book entitled, [i]"What Lurks Beneath" that answers most of his questions. The book contains drawings much better than his own. The book makes reference to the idol worshiped by the kuo-toa, but offers no answers about how to destroy it or break the link. Dyrant surmises that letting Finneas smash it for a minute or two while enlarged should do the trick though.

Also. Hyrda - You checked during the original battle and got a 21. Toffitt knew everything though and I expect would share.


Dyrant Maynor, the Pre-Sainted wrote:

Dyrant will also ask if Maavu has returned or any news of interest.

After spending some time in the Cusp Library, Dyrant will look to buy a new horse to replace Gristle. He will call that new nag, "Gristle Too".

Dyrant gets some good stew, but nothing especially interesting in regards to information. There are some grumblings about new taxes, but nothing about Maavu or any of the Cauldron Five's enemies.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Glimmil excitedly recounts the tales of the Five's bravery to all who will lend an ear - his family, Skie, other gnomes about Jzadirune, townsfolk that recognize him as he struts down the main streets.

Regrouping with the others, he places his hands on either side of his shiny new belt and wonders, "So, when do we get to hunt down that *real* dragon?"


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

On his way back from the Cusp, Dyrant will stop at the store to purchase more inks for his scroll work and at St. Cuthbert's to buy the Potion of Acid Resist.

Upon returning home, Dyrant seeks Atol, probably in the garden...then to the stables and introduces the two.

"Atol! Please meet Gristle, Too. Gristle, Too, please meet Atol. I just picked him up. He seems stable enough for a horse, don't you think?" Dyrant smiles at his own little joke.

Dyrant is in a good mood: St. Cuthbert has sent angels to aid him, he has purpose in his life, and he ate good stew...what could be better?

"Atol, I've been thinking and doing more research about what we are likely to face. Much like last time, we need to be prepared for the challenges we are likely to face. This time, it's rumored to be a big, black dragon...who might fly and breathe acid. None of which I wish upon any of us. In addition, we have that nasty idol of that hideous water-tart goddess, Blipadookieinmycup. I've been thinking that Finneas might be able to smash it, but we might also want to sanctify or hallow the site after we finish off the denizens of the place."

Dyrant ponders further.

"I wonder if you have any training or thoughts on that."

Dyrant also muses that he could be ready to return to the Underdark as early as tomorrow.

* * *

Side paperwork:

After his discussion with Atol, Dyrant will spend some time sorting and organizing his scrolls.

Old Scrolls:

Scroll #1: Identify
Scroll #2: Embiggen, Embiggen, Mage Armor, Embiggen
Scroll #4: Web (DC 13), Glitterdust (DC 13), Comprehend Language, & Mage Armor
Scroll #5: Web (DC 13), Glitterdust (DC 13), Mage Armor*, Mage Armor
Scroll #6: Sleep (DC 12), Command (DC 12), Mage Armor, & Mage Armor.
Scroll #7: See Invisibility, See Invisibility, and Identify.
Scroll #8: Heroism*, Heroism*, Heroism, Heroism
Scroll #9: Summon Monster 3*, Summon Monster 3
Scroll #10: Sekrit Spell (AA), Sekrit Spell (PS)
Scroll #11: Fireball (lvl 5, 5d6*, Sleet Storm*

*=cast

New Scrolls:

Scroll #1: Identify, Identify, See Invisibility, See Invisibility
Scroll #2: Embiggen, Embiggen, Embiggen
Scroll #3: Web (DC 13), Web (DC 13), Glitterdust (DC 13), Glitterdust (DC 13)
Scroll #4: Mage Armor, Mage Armor, Mage Armor, Comprehend Language
Scroll #5: Sleep (DC 12), Command (DC 12), Mage Armor, & Mage Armor.
Scroll #6: Summon Monster 3, Heroism, Heroism
Scroll #7: Sekrit Spell (AA), Sekrit Spell (PS)


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

"What do I need to know about black dragons Dyrant? And when are we heading out?"


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Well, the other dragon we fought had a lot of attacks, flew, and had spells to didn't it? I think dragons have spells too. I will certainly have my communal resist energy ready and will cast it to protect us from acid damage. Flying is again a problem..."

Atol shrugs

"We did pick up better bows. Maybe that will be enough. We could buy a scroll of communal air walk, but I'm not guaranteed to cast it the first time. And it's expensive. I think the church has one though."

Atol pets Gristle Too absent mindedly while he thinks.

"I'll pick up a pick-axe to help us smash the alter. I don't want to hallow it though - not unless we plan to then use that alter. I don't like the idea of leaving random hallowed alters around to St. Cuthbert without anyone tending them."

"I'll go get the pick-axe and the scroll. Do we need anything else?"

Atol buys a heavy pick (-8gp) and the scroll of Air Walk, Communal (-1,125p).


|| Per +17 | Fort +12 Ref +8 Will +12 | BAB +11 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/1

"Oh, you're right Atol. I should practice with this bow."

Finneas will head out to buy a few hundred arrows and then put a hundred of them through the target at the temple of Kord.

"Ok, I'm sore now."


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Toffitt also buys some more arrows—twenty with blunt silvered tips (if available) and twenty with cold iron tips. If available (and financially feasible), he also picks up some sacred oil with which to bless his weapons (i.e., Oil of Bless Weapon).


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds
Finneas Glenn wrote:
"What do I need to know about black dragons Dyrant? And when are we heading out?"

Dyrant startles at Finn's question.

"Wha? Oh, Finn, it's you. I didn't see you here...what were you doing behind that horse? Oh nevermind." Dyrant continues on.

Should I introduce Finn to Gristle, Too? Meh. This one might not last long either.

"Black dragons? Yes, of course."

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 Knowledge: Arcana

"...pointy teeth...blahblahblah...sharp claws...blah blah blah, redundant flatutory systems...blahblahblah...acid breath...blahblahblah...in short, you don't want to have one near you, ever. Does that answer the question, Finn?"

Dyrant relates all before returning to Atol's question.

"I think we could leave on the morrow...or the next day. I don't think we've seen to provisions for us, like food..." Dyrant's eyes travel to Atol's belly then back to look the priest in the eye, "...or water or hay for the horses. We need to prepare like we did last time, right?"

"I would like to spend some time scribing some scrolls...some of the longer ones take...well, longer. That should take up most of my afternoon and evening. We can get the provisions as we leave on the morrow? If we are all ready?"


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

"Gurgle, gurgle"

Atol listens to his stomach and realizes how close to dinner it really is.

"Yes, absolutely. I can get provisions while I'm out purchasing the other things tonight. Might not get to bed early, but early enough. I think we can leave on the 'morrow unless you absolutely need another day for scrolling."

Atol regains his patience.

"It's really up to you Dyrant. I am of course eager to get back and resolve this issue, but not at the expense of being unready."

While he's out, Atol purchases food and hay. He gets a keg of water to supplement his orison, and a keg of ale for refreshment. He stacks the supplies in the stable near the horses for easy access in the morning.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

"Ah good, Atol. If you would handle the food, then I can concentrate on my prayerscrolls. Excellent. We can leave on the morning, then? We'll need to let Glim know, of course. I suppose you'll be going to Skie's to let him know...?" Dyrant asks hesitantly.

Dyrant ponders and continues.

"Uhm, Atol...if they are in back and you hear, uhm, 'sounds', you might want to wait a bit before interrupting. I assure you that he's not hurting her. Uh...she...uh...is just fine."

Dyrant backs away to go work on his scrolls.

Dyrant is going to scribe a few new scrolls, but is ready to leave on the morrow, GM Chris if you think everyone is ready and want to fast forward. Dyrant has some things to do when the party gets close. List of scrolls upcoming.


Stats:
F13:R15:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 14 - Cudgeler of the South Winds

Dyrant will scribe the following during the evening:

Scroll #8: Fireball (DC14), Clairvoyance/Clairaudience, Clairvoyance/Clairaudience -562.5 gp -300 gp Pot Acid -5gp Gristle, Too.

On the morning, Dyrant will commune with Aralynn, reciting the Archon's spellprayers with complete focus, taking the divine energy from St. Cuthbert's emissary and inscribing it directly onto his heart.

He forgave me and I serve him.

Dyrant is ready to go.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Atol rises early and prays for his spells and in thanks for St. Cuthbert's ministrations. He gathers up his adventuring gear and loads them into his pack. He loads up his horse with a few other odds and ends and waits in the stable for the rest of the party.

This is going to be great! We're really ready this time!


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 13
Stats:
Init +12 | Per +27* | F +14* R +14* W +10* | AC 34* (t18* f32* i20*) +1 crwd | CMD 30 | see status please

Toffitt spends the night before departure organizing gear in his new haversack. Arrows. Holy oil. Bedroll. Surgical tools. Healing kit. Alchemist's kit. Water skin. Ten days of iron rations. The kitchen sink. He includes whatever fortune and the DM's rolls allowed him to buy from the town's merchants.

Having put everything meticulously in its place, Toffitt turns his full attention to Carts in what may or may not be their last night together.


After a few days of resting and restocking in Cauldron the party departs on their return trip to Bhal-Hamatugn. It's a wet and slow trip which gives the party plenty of time to figure out how they will invade the fortress.

The party gets to spend one night well fed as Jared brings forth his pavalion for them. He inquires about the party's success during their last foray into the underdark. He also asks about his army. They have yet to return. The messengers they send speak of great battles versus dragons, basilisks, and flying angels of death.

Nothing has taken the place of the seven jaws and the party easily decends into the underdark. The party has a few skirmishes with some creatures along the way, but nothing notable. Soon enough the party finds itself gazing at the lake and the fish head fortress.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +15 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Do we see the boat we used to come ashore last time?

"We should be careful. There may have been more of the frog-men and they may have retaken the fortress."

Atol shifts his gear and prepares for battle.

7,501 to 7,550 of 13,320 << first < prev | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.