Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RotRL Gestalt Anniversary Special

Game Master Spiral_Ninja

A gestalt AE Rise of the Runelords.Thistletop L1; Thistletop level 2, Thistletop level 3


651 to 700 of 2,325 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

GM:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Sense Motive

BGM - The Master Plan

Not wanting to anger his father further Ryu gets right to the point.
"There were a random bunch of people showing up at the Rusty Dragon, and they got dragged into a little adventure of Sheriff Hemlock and Das, as Das claimed that his son's ghost showed up at his door. Said bunch of "adventurers" that includes a gnome, a half-giant, some more people, along with Cilyanka the barmaid are going to Chopper's Island to investigate it and find proof for what happened with Das's kid."

Ryu steps into the room and continues. "Why this would be of any interest to you as business man? Because as you recall I got once saved by an order of monks that also brew alcohol and craft some magic items for trade. The group mentioned earlier will go to the island no matter what, and thus will likely clear out any beasts on it on its way. Ameiko asked me to go with them to help out, but this is also an opportunity. I am going to make the best of this."

Ryu smiled, but didn't leave time for his father to speak up as the important thing wasn't said yet. "I plan to get the island cleared out then handed over to the Phoenix Order, from the standpoint of the Mayor this and a renaming of said isle will help erasing the trauma of the cityfolk, as for me it also means I am able to repay my debt to the order a bit. The Kaijitsu family has many opportunities in this, especially because I could easily negotiate a deal between the monks and us. Monks on the island mean construction of a monastery, that means a lot of glass will be needed for their windows and such, due to their brewing of alcohol and magic meddling glass bottles and vials and potion flasks will also be constantly in demand. Construction material, repair materials, and said glass items are obvious fresh source of income for the Kajitsu Glassworks. In addition the Phoenix Order can make minor magical items that would increase the quality and/or speed of making glass that we could get in return from them to improve the Glassworks."

"I didn't come to you to beg for anything, I came prepared and was already at the Mayor and also talked with Lady Deverin. I only need to gain official support from the Kaijitsu family, my family, for a plan that is likely to succeed already." Ryu takes out the agreement signed by the Mayor. "The Mayor wants to see the issue about Das's son solved, and the island cleared out. As that is already likely to happen anyway if I am going with them too I can, let's say, assume direct control over the situation. She already agreed to give the island to the monks if the issues are handled." Ryu takes out the Deverin agreement. "Dealing with Lady Deverin was harder, almost impossible to get anything binding signed by her as ambitious she is. Still I managed a good enough agreement out of her too for some small bonuses, and a dress from the other continent that the monks can provide."

Ryu leave the papers on the table but is also prepared to quickly grab them in case Lonjiku didn't calm down yet and would take his anger out on the agreements by tearing them up. "As you see father, the adventurers will go there anyway so I can just as well take the island over like this. Seems all or most the important people including the Mayor, the Sheriff, and also Ameiko want to see the ghost issue solved and Chopper's name cleared off the map. All this happened today, I also made these agreements and plans in this single day, and knew it is the best idea to already come with additional agreements before I talk to you, to show how much potential this plan has, and already has already backing of other sources."

Ryu sits down in a chair. "The island is also as far I know close to the shipping routes. I recall one of your stories saying that it was that region where many ships and members of the family disappeared. May be by a long shot, but perhaps there is some clue about them on the island too, or atleast some of the goods may have survived unscratched." Ryu sighs and looks into his fathers eyes. "The day was hectic, the group of people that I will join will leave tomorrow morning, it is late so I wasn't able to talk with every representative of all the great families of Sandpoint. I still managed to get a deal out of both the Deverin women, and as said supporting the monastery would be a quickly returned investment for our family. Father, can I also count on your support in this island deal? Of course the agreement can and will include monopoly glasswork purchase by the Order from only our family. We need the weight of our family to push the cost of the island as far down as possible, of course the Order will pay for it in the end anyway."

Ryu kept silent for a moment letting Lonjiku think. "With your agreement on the list, if I am correct we already got the majority support so other members of the adventurer group can't easily claim the island as their own. This is a nearly no risk, high profit merchant opportunity. The adventurers seem capable enough and there are so many it is basically a small army, I can just walk behind them and will probably not even get to shot at any beasts before they are defeated. my presence there also ensures that if goods of the ships are found are not claimed by outsiders. The plan to get a monastery there is the most profitable for our family and not any other once we consider both the construction materials and the continuing supply for bottles and such."

Ryu smiles with cleverly sparkling eyes. "In addition, if Das's problem is dealt with, your son -the one who is actually related to you- will be among the heroes who cleared out the island and solved a mystery. Also not bad for business. I hope you are satisfied by how much your son managed to do in less than a day, all by himself instead of running to you for support to bother you for every minor thing."

Ryu went in mind over the list of important things, It took more time to say everything than he thought, but believed that he was adding enough details on the benefits and the already existing backing for the plan. mentioning the shipwreck or clue chances on the island should also get Lonjiku more interested. Not to mention, invoking the name of Tsuto at the end should in a case where his father is already angry with that person push Lonjiku more towards giving his only true son support, even if for nothing else than to spite and humiliate Tsuto.

Lonjiku had to be reminded that Ryu is the only true heir as the only true male descendant of his. It should help to prove it if he manages to pull this plan off, and flashing some of his usually hidden intellect in this straightforward way explaining his plan and preparations can also just aid Ryu. He hoped he can make his father proud, and Ryu believed that except maybe Ameiko, he is the only one Lonjiku could ever get proud of.

If Ryu's dad gives him the backing of the Kaijitsu family, he will only have to contact Master Ignatius to get all the pieces of the plan into motion.

Ryu looks at Ameiko, with a sad smile. "Sis, we were at the island and found much to talk about." He takes a small bottle out with a medallion in it and places it before her. "I don't even know where to start, but if you know someone able to magically look into the past of items or the owners of them, it would help greatly, as even we don't know all details."


Cilyanka Caumlo wrote:

Cilyanka will retreat out back, returning a few minutes later with a small cask of dark brown ale.

You guys are going to want a few rounds of this before breaking the news

"Hopefully the tale is worth putting out all that Ager's 11.

Oh, I also found this bottle with red markings near your room Cilyanka."


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Straehan watches the family drama play out - unsure how humans react in such circumstances.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

What is the current-time ingame time now? Morning? Night? etc?


DM Ninja/infinite

Ryu_time_slip:
Lonjiku snorts, half angry, half amused. "You can't have mentioned the brewing bit to the Deverins. While they're not as -um- protective of their monopoly as the Scarnettis, I doubt they want a rival brewery in town. Especially with the recent drop in quality from the Two Knight Brewery. Pity about Wade Deverin. He was one of the first of the Chopper's victims, five years ago. Poor Gaven just hasn't the talent. I'm torn. I'd love to help you out..." He seems to be deep in thought, none of it pleasant. Most of his next comments seem to just be random thoughts he's not really aware he's saying aloud. "...but I think I remember they found some old ruins there...if we could palm it off on Tsuto..." He shakes his head, as if clearing it. "Clear it out first, boy. Be a hero, impress that idiotic paladin Korvaski they put in charge of the League. And watch out for Tsuto. Keep an eye on your sisters. I don't know what he's up to, but I know he's up to something! He's as treacherous as his mother..." His rage seems to have returned. "I like your plan. Show this town what a true Kaijitsu can do!'

Afternoon. Around 3


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

GM:
Ryu smiles at him. "Of course father, I do plan to do just that. As for Tsuto, I didn't even talk with him since he came here, I shall change that later with some carefulness." He stands up and takes a step then turns back to his father. "Of course I didn't mention the brewery, only the magical items and that they heal cheaper than usually. I won't disturb you any longer, once I returned I will come to you to tell about the results as soon as possible. Please do prepare an agreement until then to make the procedures quicker. If you hear some rumors don't be concerned about them, I plan to spread some to help a bit. Good bye father." With this Ryu steps out the room and closes the door after him.

Ryu wouldn't be surprised if he would find Tsuto near, so he looks around.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Perception

After that he rushes back to the Rusty Dragon in the last rays of light of the day. Getting home people seem to throw a party of sorts, but he has no interest in it, still he decides to throw a rumor into the rumor mill among the half drunken people that could benefit him, the situation was perfect for this.

"That Ryu fellow, the son of Lonjiku tried to get support for something from the Mayor without success, Lady Deverin would probably gain some points over her if she would give the family support to the kid. Whatever the deal is Ryu wants to make may be worth for the other families too to join up on."

If the rumor manages to spread until he returns tomorrow that greedy woman would be more willing to to back the Phoenix Order with a less obfuscate agreement signed, just to try to get at her relative. The people at the inn were too drunk to realize who whispered near them anyway.

As the Mayor and her don't seem to even talk much there is no concern over this rumor hurting Ryu, and even if the Mayor gets to hear the rumor, she seemed a lot more cleverer and would just probably just enjoy it without revealing that she did, in fact, make an agreement with Ryu. Other families hearing such a rumor may be more likely to hear him out and agree to support him, if for nothing else than to just not be left out of the whole thing.

BGM - Fire Awakens

After Ryu slipped this morsel among the patrons unnoticed he went up to his room and locked the door. He walked to his backpack in the corner, and after some search he took a small steel box out and opened it. The box had 3 coin-large black discs in it, made out of coal. Ryu took one in his pocket and put the rest away, then stepped to the fireplace and lighted a new fire.

After five minutes the fire was strong enough, Ryu stepped back and threw the coal disc into the fire, the fire grew in size for a moment then calmed down again. Ryu waited patiently.

"Well well, if it isn't my dear student on the other continent." A gentle voice coming from the fire spoke soon. And about the same time the fire changed form to that of the image of an elderly man, made out flames. "Ryu, how are you doing? I hope it is not a problem you contact me about. You were always too proud to request aid of the Phoenix Cult unless necessary." The visage of master Ignatius smiled at Ryu.

"No, master. In fact, I believe I am close to get a new permanent location for a base of our faith, a new home here in Sandpoint." Ryu bows deeply towards the man. "Of course there are still some things I have to do, and I didn't talk with all council representatives, but I believe I managed to get a majority of support already."

The man nodded softly. "I see, well done then, it seems your journey to your family didn't make you forget about us, and you even performed outstanding. So why exactly are you contacting me? Do you need some assistance, money, or should we already send a group of us there?"

Ryu smiled. "Something from all of those. The location I try to get for a new monastery is an island, I imagine it would even be ideal for a small harbor to lure some extra trade there. We could also trade in the city itself, and perhaps open a church, religion is a bit under-represented here, and all share a single Cathedral that is soon to be opened. One of the representatives, a woman from the Deverin family wishes to see a leader first however, so your presence may be needed, and of course even if we get the support the island won't be for free."

Master Ignatius's image smiled at him. "Good work indeed, it just happens we had to give up one of our bases recently, and I plan to move my Library too. I will inform the other four leaders of these events and prepare a small escort that will together with me travel to Sandpoint. I will meet some of these local rulers myself, and help you persuade them. An island to ourselves could also help us make it easier to create underground floors for training and crafting without raising too much attention."

"About that." Ryu speaks up. "Seems these lands have a lot of ruins and probably underground tunnels, there may be some on the island too, that would make it easier to expand underground, but there may be beasts so I believe such actions will have to be handled carefully, and with an armed backup." He smiles. "Of course, first we have to get to the point to start constructing the monastery. I am to go with a group of people to clear the island tomorrow."

"I see." Ignatius strokes his beard. "Tomorrow when you leave, keep the fire going, and leave the door open. Only through magic can we get to the other continent quickly, I may only come alone and the escort will join up later. This way I can already look at the city myself, and meet with that Deverin woman you mentioned." The old man spoke of traveling through the fire.

"As you wish. I hope we will be able to meet in person soon again. Please don't forget to bring some gold with you to manage the deal and pay for the first possible costs of getting the work started on the island."

"Hm, right, the gold. I think I will take with me 2000 gold in platinum, if I have to that should be enough for some bribes to cut red tape too." Ignatius looks to his left for a moment. "I have to go now my student, I have other things to attend to. Master Martesse is throwing one of her fiery tantrums, I believe one of her warriors broke her favorite trophy. I need to ensure she doesn't burn the Library or the whole enclave down."

The image disappeared and the fire was normal once again. Ryu stood there still for a short while considering just how much wealth that is, then put the fire out and went to sleep with an emerging headache. Things seemed to work out, he will tomorrow morning lit the fire again, then join up with the others to travel to the island. If the Divine Phoenix wills it, the Phoenix Cult will soon be at home in Sandpoint.

I think it would be best if when the players arrive back Ignatius is already in the city and maybe chatting with Lady Deverin. Once the scene with Ameiko is done (remember, I do wish to get a legend lore or similar cast on both the medallion and the kid's skeleton) I will go to Lonjiku then to the other families I didn't meet with yet, after that I go to the two Deverins and tell about the success.
If you want you can allow the other players to have something like a residence house on the island separate from the monastery too, but I believe it would be better if they get that spot of land you mentioned earlier on the whatchacallit street. ...Although it would seem to be easier to include the whole Phoenix Cult into the story if the players interact more with them as they get them to know, and work on the island together.


"Ale, dark and strong." The big guy says as he sits down and assesses how many duplicates each of the people in the bar would be needed to take him in a fight.
Kaddoc looks pretty tough, I could probably only take two Kaddocs.
:-)


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5

Kaddoc sits down with Brindolfin and orders a drink.

"Nice work back there on the island. You've got yourself a fancy trick there with making your weapons appear out of nowhere."


Brin nods, "My mother calls it mind magic. Unfortunately I cannot see the use of mind magic unless it influences fighting prowess, so I have to say my 'tricks' are mostly combat focused. The invisible weapon of force trick is the handiest one I have."

Wiping some froth from his mouth, "So these human settlements are so disorganized. Giant settlements are much more structured."

After reflecting a bit, "It should be easer for those like us to make our mark and be accepted here. Giants are somewhat hard on those that are different, very much conformists."

"I like that focused rage. That is a very useful combat technique. So what brings you to Sandpoint besides the friendly people?"


Female Human (Tian-Min) Aristocrat-1; Gestalt Bard/Rogue-3

"I don't know that there's anyone in town who can cast that..."

She looks at the amulet and pales a bit.


Brindolfin Cloudcap wrote:

"Ale, dark and strong." The big guy says as he sits down and assesses how many duplicates each of the people in the bar would be needed to take him in a fight.

Kaddoc looks pretty tough, I could probably only take two Kaddocs.
:-)

"Ok, How strong?.

Cause Black Jack is the strongest stuff?"


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

Alkaid gets a meal, and not getting any booze.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu sits down with Ameiko and begins to tell the story about the events. He doesn't go into details but mentions the mother and child being turned into undead that he and the others had to fight, and that after that he made a proper pyre funeral for them. To spare Ameiko's nerves Ryu avoids the most gruesome details.

As he continues, he goes on with the story about the Attic Whisperer and how the others already began to fight it when the ones from the funeral catched up, and the skeleton they found in the bed with the toy.

Ryu then sighs. "This isn't over yet however, while the Attic Whisperer has been formed due to the spirit of the child, the other undead had to be made by someone, so I assume the necromancer is still on the loose. Do you know any likely hiding place for someone like that near the location of the city, also facing the island? Of course it may have already left since years. On the island we didn't see any signs it would have been used for a long time."

GM:
I didn't decide upon Ignatius's gear yet, can I get him a few scrolls of Legend Lore?


DM Ninja/infinite

Ryu:
Sigh...pushy, aren't you. ;) No. What's going on is part of the main plot. All will be revealed in good time.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

GM:
Oh, okay, I just didn't want to miss out on anything, if it is supposed to stay hidden for now its fine :)
Now I gonna enjoy the mess that the results bring, like the reaction of Ameiko and daddy. And of course: make the best of it, using it for my own advantage

***

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Diplomacy on the tale for Ameiko, I increase my own importance a bit in the events, and place emphasis on the importance of the funeral pyre. If you think others can counter-Sense Motive roll

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Bluff role if you think it is more fitting

I guess you could give a minus/bonus to some people depending on if they even care about my conversation with sis, or rather talk/eat/drink.


DM Ninja/infinite

Ameiko seems impressed. Anyone else going to add to the tale?

Same rolls, either Diploamcy or Bluff


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

GM:
They don't know I rolled, most of them ingame don't even care and are already drinking or talking with each other, ignoring the situation or that there is a bag with a kid's skeleton near them.

That is why I thought a sense motive check of them (or a perception even first to listen to what I say) would be appropiate

"Same rolls, either Diplomacy or Bluff"
If this was directed at me, I guess the bluff one then.

"So, sis. I hope it was the right thing to do to make a pyre for them there. I felt as if it was my duty to do so. Should I go and tell father as well?"


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

Seems fitting in my opinion to leave this a family situation. The rest of us can focus on telling Das after this part is taken care of.


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

over hearing Ryu's telling of the story
and still a little red in the face.
she adds
"That island needs a good magical cleaning, as the formation of haunts is very bad. And that island could later become a focal point for evil."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu hears Alkaid and adds to it. "No worries there, a method to cleanse the place once and for all is already prepared and the gears doing it were set to motion. For now I believe it is important for father to hear about what transpired, and my sister could go with the rest of you to Das, although I believe you should do finally something with the bones" Ryu points at the bag with the kid's bones in it. How will Das react if these people go there with the toy and the bones?


Female Human (Tian-Min) Aristocrat-1; Gestalt Bard/Rogue-3

I just meant that if anyone else wanted to try to impress Ameiko, they needed to make either a Diplomacy or Bluff check to tell their part of the story.

And the DM can spell, really.

"I'm not sure. Father will be upset either way. I understand why, but I think it might have been better to bring them back for cleansing and burial."

She pauses.

"Did you bring the ashes? Perhaps if father could seal them in an urn or something he'd feel better."

She thinks about it a bit, while holding the amulet. "You know, I almost wish we had a shrine to Pharasma here as well. But then, we've never, to my knowledge, had to deal with undead before."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"The ashes were accepted by the Divine Phoenix, and flew into the sky unbound by earth and the souls freed of it. The bodies were corrupted as undead, it was better this way. I do have the medallion though. There were witnesses to the ceremony, maybe one of them could come to father with me if you think it would be necessary."

Funny part is, I checked back and see that you spelled Diplomacy correctly first, then edited it to be bad XD

"Pharasma or not, perhaps my Master could also help once he arrives. Why exactly do you mention Pharasma anyway?"


Female Human (Tian-Min) Aristocrat-1; Gestalt Bard/Rogue-3

"That might be wise."


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu looks at Brindolfin and also looks for Strae. "Would you come with me to the Kaijitsu Estate?"

If I recall correctly you two choose to be at the ceremony instead of running ahead to "scout".


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

When dealing with the proper passing of the dead, Pharasma should always be invoked. It his her given domain.

I don't know about this Divine Phoenix you keep talking about, I would really prefer to see the island cleasned correctly by Pharasma's followers. I know they will pust the spirits to rest correctly.

In the end though, it is Ameiko's decision. Does she prefer to have an unknown cult see to the passing of her kin?


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu looks at Cilyanka with narrowed eyes. "Her kin was put to rest by her own brother, who happens to be a member of the Phoenix Order. She didn't object to it at all, and you have no right to do so, girl. I am also sure you yourself said "the bodies should be cremated now, before we move on", all I did was making the cremation into a proper funeral ceremony instead of piled bodies being burned just because the undead stench." Ryu puts emphasis on Cilyanka not opposing the idea before, and making it clear that he doesn't like it at all that Cilyanka walks in on family and religion business she has no idea of or right to.

I just went through all 14 pages to be sure, I was always careful to avoid talking about the cult and if I did mention it on this continent to others it was always called "Order" by me to avoid the negative meaning cult can bring with itself. Other than Ryu's close relatives the cityfolk barely knows anything about where I came from. To the players I didn't even mention the Phoenix Order to begin with, and only mentioned the Divine Phoenix twice (once now, and once in the rites of the pyre funeral in Varisian language). I do not "keep talking about" it. This "unknown cult" has nothing to do with Cilyanka who has no clue on what is going on. 99% of mentions about the Phoenix Cult ingame were made under spoiler tags anyway, and player characters weren't present then.

I want to be clear on this. I understand it entirely if a player doesn't want to go with the idea of a budding youthful romance and avoid the theme, but does Cilyanka plan to oppose and stab at Ryu at given opportunities? I didn't mean to make her an enemy, just to start out with Ryu sometimes poking at her, teasing her. If this continues it may end up badly however, because unlike the earlier harsh reaction of Cil against Ryu this time its a serious blow against his person, his faith, his family, and his own pride.


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Strae did scout ahead.


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

Cult = any marginal or unknown religion. Very few cults will refer to themselves as such. Cilyanka may not be able to hold an in depth theological discussion or dredge up obscure facts, but the major deities of Golarion are common knowledge. Cilyanka's never heard of the Divine Phoenix before the past couple of days. She is, on the other hand, a follower of Pharasma. Thus to her the Divine Phoenix is a cult intruding on the space of the god she follows.

Ryu's not an enemy, but Cilyanka will oppose this particular idea based on personal beliefs. She believes Pharasma is the god best suited for laying the undead to rest and sanctifying the graves.

This was strictly an in character argument. IRL, I've not been reading under the spoiler tags unless appropriate. I enjoy plot twists and surprises too much to ruin them.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

I know it was ingame, I just wanted to know what reason Cilyanka had to comment as she did. The reaction seemed out of place and sudden. Especially considering earlier it didn't cause a problem, and that this issue is family related.

I guess following that god makes it more sense then, although I barely know anything of Golarion gods, isn't her powerbase dwindling? Anyway, I see some of the two entities have similar aspects/domains so no wonder it came to an argument, I just find it shouldn't have been in this case/situation.


DM Ninja/infinite

No, Pharasma's 'powerbase' is not dwindling. She is the Golarion death deity and the sole judge of the dead. I admit this is mostly my fault, when you proposed this I mistook your new 'deity' for a revival of the Peacock Spirit, which would have fit well with this AP. Having reviewed the available deities, I've decided who the 'Divine Spirit' serves. For future reference, though, I would recommend that you check the pathfinder wiki at this link for deities before setting up any new orders or cults.I should have nmade it clearer that I expected folks to use the established Golarion deities. I'm leaving it as it stands now, but the unfamilarity with the Divine Phoenix was why the mayor made a comment about 'proscribed deities'.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

I thought I sent you a pretty detailed, and long description of the faith in PM (maybe even 2 PM-s due to size) when you asked for it. Please send me a PM now about what exactly you want me to do or change. Just remember that there is a working structure for the cult already and it should still fit.
I believed to be clear on my intention and through the background that the cult is most likely a new entity even though I left a lot in it open to interpretation/decision of the GM.


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

I don't usually read spoilers unless they are directed at me so I missed the whole Bluff-Tale thing. I will be posting a reaction for Straehan, it's just going to take me a bit of time to write it up.

I don't think it would take a Perception roll to hear what Ryu is saying, but if so, I'm including one. Also, while I don't intend on trying to Diplo Ameiko, I'm including a roll for that as well - in case it relates to Strae's credibility.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Diplomacy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Half-Orc, hp 55/61, DR 2/-, AC 18, (T12/FF16), Init +4, Perc +6. F+5/R+2/W+3
Tracking:
Rage: 10/10, 1st: 5/5
Brindolfin Cloudcap wrote:
"I like that focused rage. That is a very useful combat technique. So what brings you to Sandpoint besides the friendly people?"

"I came to see the priests. I am a child of violence and some power was perhaps drawn to thar and has marked me as their own. It has shared its power with me, but fills my dreams with the sound of drums and of steel on steel. I feel I was made for a purpose, but I know not what. I had hoped that the priests of Desna could have helped me find my purpose, but the could not. And you? What brings to here?"


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Mastering his passions had always been difficult for the gnome. Even his monastic training was sometimes put to the test. He blamed it on the fire in his blood. So Straehan listens to the squabble between the youths with growing irritation. They had been sniping at one another since the day before. And the boy had been chronically moody. It was like he walked beneath a cloud, glowering all the while. And then there was his agenda - hinted at when Ryu spoke obtusely of "plans in motion" to construct a monastery and clean the island. It seemed reasonable that the Order he said would own the island must be the same Order to which he now claimed membership. The lad was running some kind of game - it didn't take a genius to see that. And, now, the subtle increase in his own role in the battles, trying to play up being a hero... to his sister no less. It wore on Straehan's last nerve.

Straehan listens to the row escalating between the youths for another moment then gives Sparrow a brittle smile. "Excuse me, my dear, I need to borrow your drink." He sweeps up the big metal mug, sloshing with beer, and slams it down on the table as hard as he can. "ENOUGH! Stop with the damn bickering! We have more important things to do here."

He sets the now nearly empty mug down and flicks the beer from his sleeve while he growls at the table in general. "Men and women have been lying to each other for time without end - sometimes for the good but often not. What I can't figure, lad, is why you are trying to..." he struggles to find the politest euphemism he can, "'gild the lily' for your sister. Limit yourself to taking credit for what you've done. We all had a hand in destroying those creatures - some bigger than others. As I recall, one of your arrows chipped some bone. But I know Biter and Kaddoc did the dragon's share of the work on that one creature. And several of us slammed that Bird-headed monster - with Brindolfin here smashing it into dust at the end. Hell, I'm going to be pulling bone fragments from my hair for a week after that wallop. You want to impress your family? Fine. But that isn't the most pressing issue for the rest of us. I'd suggest you consider putting the job you accepted before your personal glory."

The gnome takes a couple calming breaths and looks to Ameiko apologetically, "I'm very sorry to step into your family matters, Ma'am. I'll be happy to return to the island right now and try to sift the ashes of your beloveds from the pyre, if you think it best. Just lend me a boat. But what I want in return is for you to help us finish what we started. Kaddoc and Brin are carrying remains and a dangerous tool. Those aren't small burdens. There's a grieving father waiting on the first one and obviously we need to destroy the second. Any help you can give would be appreciated."

He turns on Ryu and Cilyanka, pulls himself to his full 3' 9" height, regards the boy coolly for a moment and then starts in on the girl, pointing an accusatory finger. "You..." then abruptly lightens his tone with a smile, "Actually, I've got no problem with you at all. Could you possibly get Miss Sparrow another tankard though? I seemed to have spilled her last one."

rolls?:
I don't think anything I've mentioned requires a Sense Motive roll since the incidents I'm referencing were either spoken by Ryu publicly or were in open text descriptions with no attempt made to bluff about it. I don't think Strae is jumping to unfounded conclusions... a look at Ryu's actions and conversations make it pretty obvious that he's self-serving and hinting openly about his Order agenda. I don't want to belabor the point but I can give you references to the pertinent events if you are unconvinced.

Having said that, if you feel a Sense Motive or other roll is needed, feel free to use either of my previous rolls (if they weren't needed before) or this one.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Yeah, a sense motive that actually beat any of my rolls would be preferable before you write such a lengthy reaction (in case if needed), plus putting emphasis on things Ryu did doesn't make it outright lying, only exaggerating, and you didn't roll well enough to oppose that either. Not to mention Ryu never said the others had no part in defeating/doing anything.
I suggest you delete this comment and ask the GM in a PM how to handle the situation. Unless you rather risk that without proper rolls Strae may not even had a reason for such a reaction, or such an outcome.
btw, if done properly Ryu already would have killed the last undead with his dagger attack before the half-giant hits it, I am fine with the end result the GM though up of "killing it together", but that doesn't mean Ryu can't color his scene of attack nicer, does it? Heck Ameiko is a bard and storytelling is also running in Ryu's blood for various reasons.
+ bonus: there are no ashes you could gather up, the ashes are gone

Ryu looks at the gnome. "It is your choice to sit here and become drunk while the bones aren't dealt with. Not mine. I did a proper funeral ceremony for my relatives, and offered one for the kid too, if you rather let the bones be soaked with mead and ale and use its bag to sleep on after it, that is also your choice." He then flashes a sharp smile. "Nothing what I said was untrue, I may have exaggerated a bit, but no one got undermined by it, everyone took part in the effort. I for one took my share of the events, and got results. Now I am back to talk with my family about what concerns my family. If you want to shout in such a case in an inn, I suggest you find an other one."

Ryu looks at Ameiko. "Sis, let us discuss this further in a room with a closed door. Then go to father together, I'm not likely to get anyone here to come with to the Estate as it seem, unless Brindolfin decides to do so." With a moment of silence taken he changes his mind. "Actually, I believe it is still better if you will go with the other group to Das, especially after this outbreak of the gnome, I didn't think he would be a raging barbarian. Didn't look like one. The remains of the boy have to be protected, and seen to that his father hears about what transpired."

PS: Strae - not nice to read spoilers, not nice at all, if you get any rolls or reactions that is up to the GM. I assume she didn't ask for Sense Motive because it was not hurting anyone to brag a bit. Funny stuff: tried to look up your alignment and personality, and I noticed you didn't even write what alignment you are.


Female Human (Tian-Min) Aristocrat-1; Gestalt Bard/Rogue-3

Ameiko sighs. "Straehan, is it? Yes, I'd prefer that some portion of the bodies be retrieved."

She looks at Ryu. "I appreciate all you've done and your rational, but I don't think it was necessary to burn them. It was extremely unlikely that they'd rise again. It would have been much better for all concerned to have had Father Zantus hold a ceremony here." She trails off, staring into something only she sees...

KN: Local, please. DC 10 for family or locals, DC 15 for regulars to town, DC 20 for first-timers

for_those_who_made_the_roll:
On her only adventure, the one that left her wealthy enough to buy this inn and stand up to her father, she lost her lover to cannibals and was unable to retrieve the body. Burning the bodies and saying even the ashes are gone is kind of a slap in the face.

Ameiko did call for other folks to tell their side.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

"Fine, whatever." Ryu tries to calm down as he holds his left hand and the soft red dimming flames in his eyes disappear. "I go upstairs and wash myself, after that I go to father, or if needed back to the island looking for ashes."

Ryu begins to walk upstairs and mumbles something on the way. "I was shouted at enough when I thought I was an orphan in Absalom on the streets, I was shouted at enough when I was a slave, finally found my family and now I get shouted at just because I exaggerated an adventure a bit before my sister. Great." Being angry Ryu doesn't keep his voice much down, a DC 10 Perception for rp reasons would be welcome though to hear what he says.

Ryu reaches his room, walks inside, takes a look at the fireplace and sees the fire is out. Despite trying to calm down it doesn't really work. He locks the door, pours the used water from the washbowl out the window, and refills it. As he begins to wash himself he can't get the earlier discussions with Cilyanka and the gnome out of his head and just becomes angrier again, suddenly he notices blood in the water.

Ryu looks for the cause, and sees his left hand bleeding at the fingers. He sees it has no cuts but small things like thorns point out at the finger tips, he pulls at one of them but feels great pain from it, then Ryu gets shocked by how his skin tears up, and reveals something dark red under it, something with scales.

Ryu backs away from the washbowl in pain and shock, almost trips and drags the bowl off the table as he falls. Upon the floor he almost loses his senses from the pain he feels from his left arm, and his skin continues to slowly shed itself. He uses all his willpower to avoid shouting, and before he falls unconscious he sees that his left hand became a claw.

Only five or ten minutes later he awakes, his hand is not in pain, and the claw disappeared without trace. Still, the bowl on the floor and the bloody water is proof this was no illusion. There is also a small burn mark where his arm was on the floor as if he lit a fire on it. With a pale face Ryu stands up, cleans the mess up, washes himself again, and takes fresh clothes.


Female Human (Tian-Min) Aristocrat-1; Gestalt Bard/Rogue-3

When Ryu returns, Ameiko speaks up.

"I know all of this has been very stressful. Ryu, it might be best if you spoke to Father. Every time I go there he wants me to move back in and we wind up fighting more than he did - does - with Tsuto. I don't know what's come over him. If you want my suggestions, perhaps Ryu and - Alkaid is it? - should be the ones to speak to Father. Biter, Brin and Kaddoc can take poor Simon's bones to the temple. I'll go with you. The rest of you take that toy to Das and let him know his son is at rest. Then we should all meet at the Garrison to speak to Sheriff Hemlock about the island. I'd like to go to the spot myself, and offer a prayer for their souls."


HP: 54/64 Saves: +6,+6,+6, Cleric(theologian) + Brawler 4

Don't quite know how to respond yet.


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu, still with a paled face nods. "As you wish sis, but I don't recall if Lady Alkaid was with me at the ceremony or not." He sighs. "You should be able to find the location of the pyre, if you do find something that is good, but I already brought with myself the medallion to have something to hand father over."


HP 41/19 | AC:26/17/18 CMD:24 | F:7 R:4 W:8 | I: +4 P: +8

I can help talk to Dras, I know it's not much bur at least we help him find closure

Oh, and Biter, I found this beside my door. You wouldn't want to loose it

Cilyanka, hands Biter his bottle, seeming in a somewhat lighter mood. Then heads outside, where she will wait for the others heading to Dras' house.


Biter -- who'd been quietly nursing a drink, watching the exchanges, and sitting with the two other great warriors -- nods to Ameiko. With one large and expedited drink, he slams down the remainder of his ale, leaving the stein spinning on the table as he hops down.

Almost as an after-thought, Biter looks up at the tavern-keeper, "Biter is notting to watch Friend Ameiko's whelp again… whelp is notting to seeming to wanting the watch." He gives her a crooked wink, "Notting to think Friend Ameiko shoulding be putting her whelp to watching Biter, neither… Biter is notting to be needing it, either."

He looks up at Brindolfin, "Hec'aGhac*." Then over at Kaddoc, "HaanTec*… readying to go?" If they get up, the goblin nonchalantly grabs up the bag of remains, ready to head to the temple.

Goblin:
Hec'aGhac = "Giant Man". HaanTec = "Gray Skin".

The red-head's offer catches him off-guard, but he gives a manic grin. "Nice'ing to be giving it back! Biter was notting to want to having to find another." He swishes it around, face scrunching up a bit. "Notting to drinking any, right?" There is a slight smile on his lips at the question.


Brindolfin looks Kaddoc and Biter up and down. "We are creatures of action, nuanced words ill-become us."

After a drink and some obvious thought, "This group is not forming up as I had hoped. I am no longer content to sit around and let the others lead. Do any of you want to volunteer to be in charge?"


Male Human Gestalt HP:24 | AC:17 T:13 FF:14 CMD:15 | F:5 R:7 W:6 | Init: +3 | Per: +9

Ryu still waiting on Brindolfin to decide to go with or not to the manor as an actual eyewitness to the ceremony


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

"We'll head over to Das's then. Not really sure how to break it to him though. Guess we can figure that out 'tween the three of us Cil, Strae."


Biter turns and walk out the door -- bag of bones in tow... "How is'ing this for the leading?"


DM Ninja/infinite

Does anyone want to change the set-up?


{HP 16/36 | AC13 T13 FF10 CMD 16 | F/R/W 4/6/4 | Inish +5, Per +9}Female Elf Ranger (Urban Ranger) 3 / Wizard (Foreteller) 3

I find the current set-ups acceptable. Wait, by set-ups you mean for the initiation of some diabolical plan on your part? Still acceptable, but just trying to find some inside information.


DM Ninja/infinite
Sparrow Seacutter wrote:
I find the current set-ups acceptable. Wait, by set-ups you mean for the initiation of some diabolical plan on your part? Still acceptable, but just trying to find some inside information.

Darn it, she caught on...er, no, no evil plan, nope.


HP: 24/24 - AC:15|15|11 - CMD:18 - F:+3|R:+6|W:+4 - Per:+7 Init:+3 - Spells: 1st 6/6

Quick question - does Ameiko want Strae to make the Island run now to bring something back from the pyre? Strae offered and he will follow through - or am I part of the Das team? Yes, I am crazy enough to have Strae do a solo run at the island. :D Gnomes is fearless.

651 to 700 of 2,325 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The_Ninja_DM's RotRL Anniversary Special All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.