Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Motteditor's Savage Tide

Game Master motteditor

Combat map / Farshore map


51 to 100 of 6,536 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral nods. "Aye aye. You and me, then, mate, unless Zstelian wants to come as well? Don't worry - we'll be quiet as mice; you just tell us where you want us to meet you and when. We'll be there"


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"I think I'd like to meet Vark", the Varisian says. "I have a knack for sussing out falsehoods".

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Dargon, you do have someone you know down by the docks you could check in on.

"I can draw you a rough sketch of the ship," Lavinia replies. "It's docked at pier five, which isn't far from the manor, so you can also see the outside for yourselves at least if you want."

I can post a map from home -- I'm returning late tonight and have been told I have power again, so expect I can scan something in and get it up Tuesday afternoon. In the mean time, the main deck is about 75 feet long, with a 25-foot-long quarterdeck and 15-foot-long forecastle. Three rooms -- a wardroom, officer's quarters and captain's quarters -- are under the quarter deck while two -- the sail and chain lockers -- are under the forecastle. Two entrances lead below decks, where the main hold, galley, crew quarters, brig and bilge access are.


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

The food and wine have been occupying much of Silvio's attention but the chelaxian nobleman finally speaks up. "Talk? Poisos? No, Silvio will go and challange this brute to a game of swords and you will have your ring within a day!" he announces and and spears a piece of parrot with a deft thrust of his fork to illustrate his skill at arms.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian pokes at his food a bit, "Perhaps we should see what kind of help he has first. It sounds like this man is not the sort to fight fair or honor the terms of a duel".


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

"Silvio does not need a fair opponent to return victorious. Silvio only needs an opponent", Silvio assures Zstelian and takes a swallow of wine. "But if you insist Silvio can sneak on board the ship as well. Silvio has many talents. The chelaxians last sentence is delivered with a wide gesture of his arm nearly spilling some of the wine.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson holds up a parrot wing in one hand and a long carrot in the other, his eyes deftly watching Silvio's wild thrusts, to fend off any errant swings or flying food that may get too close.

I hope this one can fight as good as he talks. I've never fought before.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
motteditor wrote:

1d20+7

Dargon, you do have someone you know down by the docks you could check in on.

"I can draw you a rough sketch of the ship," Lavinia replies. "It's docked at pier five, which isn't far from the manor, so you can also see the outside for yourselves at least if you want."

I can post a map from home -- I'm returning late tonight and have been told I have power again, so expect I can scan something in and get it up Tuesday afternoon. In the mean time, the main deck is about 75 feet long, with a 25-foot-long quarterdeck and 15-foot-long forecastle. Three rooms -- a wardroom, officer's quarters and captain's quarters -- are under the quarter deck while two -- the sail and chain lockers -- are under the forecastle. Two entrances lead below decks, where the main hold, galley, crew quarters, brig and bilge access are.

While heading for the for the door, Dargon picks up his gear and says, "I know someone that might be able to help tell us what's what down at the docks. I'm going to stop by his place an' ask about this Soller fella while Sekathral's team takes a look for 'emselves. Those not keen on sneaking round da docks are welcome to come with."


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"I should come with you", Zstelian says as he stands up from the table excusing himself. "We'll see this business taken care of", he confirms.

As he makes his exit the Varisian steals one more glance at the young woman.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

"Are you guys going now? It's dark. I can't see in the dark. Shoudln't we wait for the warming embrace of Sarenrae's Radiance? Yeah know, morning?"

Kyson looks around the table as if he is the only sane one present.

"I suppose we can go at night...but that might give more credence to the idea that we are thugs or thieves..." Kyson avoids looking at Sekathral while speaks, "I am neither thug or thief and would welcome uncovering a truth in the day's light unless it is absolutely necessary."


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"Well dear Kyson, if this goes the way I expect it will, we will want to be behind our battering ram when it happens", Zstelian says indicating the burly dwarf with a nod while tying the brightly colored bandana around his own head. "And he seems interested in tending to this now".


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
Kyson Tirc wrote:

"Are you guys going now? It's dark. I can't see in the dark. Shoudln't we wait for the warming embrace of Sarenrae's Radiance? Yeah know, morning?"

Kyson looks around the table as if he is the only sane one present.

"I suppose we can go at night...but that might give more credence to the idea that we are thugs or thieves..." Kyson avoids looking at Sekathral while speaks, "I am neither thug or thief and would welcome uncovering a truth in the day's light unless it is absolutely necessary."

The dwarf pauses for a moment, sighs, and looks back to Kyson, "Sorry my eyes work jus' fine with o' wit'out Sarenrae Radiance, so I tend to forget the burden darkness has over da eyes of non-Dwarves. Still plan to find out more about this thug tonight, but you're right 'bout confronting him at more reasonable hours."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson remembers just yesterday when he was dragging this same dwarf out of the sun to prevent his sunburning.

Such is the way of Sarenrae's brilliance...sometimes it is too much.

Kyson refills Dargon's wine goblet. And then refills it again when it is empty.

"Sure, we can go tonight...why don't we drink to our future success first?"

Kyson does a toast...sipping from his glass.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian shrugs his shoulders at the dwarf's indecisiveness and returns to the table to finish his meal.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral gets up from the table and walks over to the window, staring out at the Blue Nixie. What can I see in terms of lights/movement, etc? He addresses Silvio. "What about you, cap'n? Are you coming on board with us, or going with the dwarf?" Silvio does not strike him as the stealthy type, but at least he's a seafarer...

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You can't see the boat from the manor. Actually, now that I'm home, I got out the map of the city (which of course was a separate map and not in any of the Dungeon mags I had with me) and while the pier is indeed only about 1,500 feet away, it's across a couple bridges on a different island in the district. I'll try to get the city map up this afternoon as well (got home very late last night, so need to run out at restock the fridge in the wake of the two-day power failure).


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
Kyson Tirc wrote:

Kyson remembers just yesterday when he was dragging this same dwarf out of the sun to prevent his sunburning.

Such is the way of Sarenrae's brilliance...sometimes it is too much.

Kyson refills Dargon's wine goblet. And then refills it again when it is empty.

"Sure, we can go tonight...why don't we drink to our future success first?"

Kyson does a toast...sipping from his glass.

Dargon waves his hands before Kyson refusing the drink. "Thank you but I'm leaving now to find out more about Vark."

clarification:
Dargon is still leaving now to go talk with his contact down by the docks. Unless he learns of a reason to act immediately he agrees with Kyson about waiting for morning before confronting Vark.

motteditor - Do you want me to make up the contact or do you have someone in mind?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

You can make up a contact. I'm running out for a bit but plan to get the maps up this afternoon.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

A map of the Blue Nixie is now in the campaign info section, which I'll be using as your basic resource area. It'll include a variety of information, such as a list of NPCs you've met (I'll try to include what I think your thoughts on them/motivations are as well; please feel free to ask me to add/update any of those as we go along) and the standard watch schedule and marching order once those are figured out.

Also uploaded: A picture of Lavinia

There's also a map of Eleder, plus a "shadowed" map that highlights where the Vanderboren manor is and where the Blue Nixie is.

If there's anything else you want added, please ask.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
motteditor wrote:
You can make up a contact. I'm running out for a bit but plan to get the maps up this afternoon.

NPC Contact - Torris Howren:

Old man Torris Howren is an ethnic Taldoran born and raised in Corentyn. His family was one of the many that and rose and fell at Thrune’s whim over the years and though he won’t admit it (and Dargon certainly isn’t privy to it), in his youth he was a Cheliaxan spy by trade. But, Torris never really worked for the House of Thrune so much as he pretended to for the benefit of Corentyn.

After his family fell from the grace of the Egorian elite, Torris left Corentyn on the Empty Caldron, a cargo vessel based out of Eleder. Out of need to make a new life for him more than anything else, Torris began learning the sailor’s trade in earnest. After a long and hard 20 years aboard the Cauldron, he eventually made second mate. Holding that position for another 3 years before old age forced him to retire from the day to day hardships of life on the open sea.

He now spends his retirement in taverns teaching the next generation of sailors about the good old days. But his laid back retirement lifestyle has allowed some of his old talents the luxury of resurfacing and so Torris subtly learns much more than he teaches.

The dwarven monk leaves to go check the various dock taverns that Torris Howren frequents.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

Zstelian will tag along if that's alright.


Male Gnome Internal Alchemist 2

Finnwappet pulls out a small vial and gives it a sniff. "I'll prepare a couple extracts in advance before we go aboard. Won't be but a moment."

Preparing extracts of Expeditious Retreat and Reduce Person.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral comes over from the window, realising that he's got no chance of seeing the ship from the manor... "You might want to put on something a bit less... eye-catching, too, mate. No offence" he says to Finn. He checks his pockets, then addresses Lavinia. "Could I borrow a spot of oil, please? Anything'd do." Then to Dargon: "No need to look like that - I shan't set fire to the thing. Not yet, anyway."


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson sits back to finish his nice meal, regretting that he won't be spending more time in the manor.

I wonder if they have a nice library? I'll have to ask when we return.

"Dargon, if you guys are going out now to just scout, is there someplace where we should meet in the morning? At what time? I'm new to the City but could probably find most places."


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.
Sekathral wrote:
Sekathral gets up from the table and walks over to the window, staring out at the Blue Nixie. What can I see in terms of lights/movement, etc? He addresses Silvio. "What about you, cap'n? Are you coming on board with us, or going with the dwarf?" Silvio does not strike him as the stealthy type, but at least he's a seafarer...

"Sneaking is not for Silvio. I will accompany the dwarf, to settle this thing eye to eye!" Silvio announces with another series of gestures. "We go now, yes?" he asks Dargon.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

I believe the plan is to go see Dargon's contact tonight to get information on Vark. We're going to confront him tomorrow morning.


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.
Zstelian Karela wrote:
I believe the plan is to go see Dargon's contact tonight to get information on Vark. We're going to confront him tomorrow morning.

Yeah, i meant to go see Dargon's contact, not to confront the thug on the boat.


Male Gnome Internal Alchemist 2

"I have a full collection of Vudrani oils and aromatic essences. What would you like?"

"Oh, and don't worry about the garb, that will be taken care of at the appropriate time."


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral stares at him for a moment, then recollects himself. "Sorry - all I'm after is something to take care of a squeaky hinge or a rusted lock - palm oil would do. We'd better be off, anyway, since my Lady was kind enough to give us this plan of the barky and we don't want to waste the best of the darkness. Stir your stumps, mate." He turns his gaze to Dargon. "We meeting back here at dawn, chief, or is that too obvious?"


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
Kyson Tirc wrote:

Kyson sits back to finish his nice meal, regretting that he won't be spending more time in the manor.

I wonder if they have a nice library? I'll have to ask when we return.

"Dargon, if you guys are going out now to just scout, is there someplace where we should meet in the morning? At what time? I'm new to the City but could probably find most places."

"That may depend on what we find out tonight Kyson. Wouldn't want to stay at the same place as Soller or his crew."

Turning to Zstelian, Dargon asks, "How'd ya bird feel 'bout being a beacon for everyone come morning?"

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Lavinia looks visibly relieved when Sekathral clarifies he's looking for oil to quiet a hinge, not to burn the boat down to the water. "Yes, I'm sure Kora can provide you something that would work if Finn's oils aren't right," she says.

Leaving the manor, it takes most of the rest of the night to find Torris at an inn called the Three Fiddlers' Fife. The main room is smoky and loud, the voice of numerous patrons drowning out a poor young bard's attempt to provide music, but fate finally smiles on you shortly after midnight as you see the former sailor sitting on a bench, a woman wearing a great deal of makeup sitting on his knee.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"She'll roam whenever I ask her. Do the lot of you staying behind think you could spot her in the sky?"


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Silvio shines up as he enters the Three Fiddler's Fife. He taps Dargon on the shoulder and says "I can hear the evening calling out for Silvio. You go and ask your friend, and i will go and ask mine." Within a blink of an eye the chelaxian is at the bar trading drinks, laughs and stories.

Knowledge local check to listen around about Vark and the blue nixie. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
motteditor wrote:

1d20-1

Lavinia looks visibly relieved when Sekathral clarifies he's looking for oil to quiet a hinge, not to burn the boat down to the water. "Yes, I'm sure Kora can provide you something that would work if Finn's oils aren't right," she says.

Leaving the manor, it takes most of the rest of the night to find Torris at an inn called the Three Fiddlers' Fife. The main room is smoky and loud, the voice of numerous patrons drowning out a poor young bard's attempt to provide music, but fate finally smiles on you shortly after midnight as you see the former sailor sitting on a bench, a woman wearing a great deal of makeup sitting on his knee.

Dargon rushes over to Torris Howren, shaking his head while allowing a slight chuckle. " Torris! Dear friend, it’s been over a month since drank together last. Let me pick up your next pint." Before sitting down, the dwarf shouts to the nearest wench. ”Let’s have three of whatever my friend here's drinking.”

***

Not one to beat arount the point, after a few geniune inquires about how Torris is doing, Dargon cuts right to the business at hand. "What do you know about this Soller Vark fella the harbor master has under his wing these days?"

I'm out for the night. Feel free to act for Dargon. If you do anything that I would take as outside his character we can blame it on the drink.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

Silvio, you learn that the Blue Nixie has actually been moored about 100 yards off shore since yesterday. Several smaller boats have been seen going there by night and unloading crates.

Torris scowls for a moment as you interrupt his "business meeting," but seems to perk up when you order more beer.

"Awfully generous of you," he says, "but what're you drinking? Three'll do just fine for me."

After the small talk, Torris shakes his head at your question about Soller Vark.

"Ol' Islaran's losing it," he says, referring to the harbormaster, "and Vark's one of them what's taking advantage. He's no good, into smuggling and the like, with a whole crew to back him up."

At Dargan's further prompting, Torris admits he doesn't know exactly how many people Vark has working for him, but says it's probably eight to 12, though he says they're nothing but "run o' the mill thugs."

Knowledge (local): 1d20 ⇒ 20
Silvio, it's actually a diplomacy roll to gather info, but you're better at that anyway.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

After watching much of the group leave to deal with their contacts (Kyson has none) and finishing his meal, Kyson will address Lavinia.

"Miss Lavinia, I hate to indulge upon your hospitality further, but do you have a library here in the manor that I might peruse? I, of course, will keep the area clean and will return any books that I read."

If yes, Kyson will spend a few hours in the library before dashing back (it's dark!) to his inn.

If no, Kyson will thank Lavinia for the meal and stuff to do and will dash back to his inn.

* * *

On the morning, Kyson will be near the docks bright and early, seeking sign of the others.

He might even walk by the ship to check it out.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Perception


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

Sekathral and Finn make their way across town to the dock which the Blue Nixie is moored at. Sekathral will hide amongst some of the debris on the dockside a safe distance away

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Stealth

and observe the activity in/around the ship for a while to see what he can see for a while.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Perception


Male Gnome Internal Alchemist 2

After they leave the manor, Finn adds, "I didn't want to mention it in front of Lavinia, but my oils also burn quite well!"

Finn takes a similar position with Sekrathal, taking advantage of his small body and keen gnomish senses.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 (Aiding Sekrathal)


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]

After hanging out at the Three Fiddlers' Fife with Torris and Sal for about an hour or so, Dargon interrupts Sal’s latest boast, “By Torag, I’m so hungry I could eat a Linnorm.”

Regretting not taking the time to eat the wonderful meal Lavinia took the effort to prepare for him, Dargon orders some slop from the kitchen before finding a bed for the night.

***

Dargon wakes early the next morning and begins walking the streets looking for Zstelian’s prized bird.

[b]”Com’on bird, get ta where I can see ya!”[b]

Perception
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Ex dashing free hand fighter. Mauled by demon apes.

Later during the evening Silvio approaches Dargon's table with one woman in both arms. "Ah Dargon, there you are!", he exlaims and dismisses the ladies in his arms with wink and a smack on the behind. "I am sorry, my ladies, but Silvio has buissness to attend to. I will attend to you later."

"Introduce me to your friend and tell me what you have learned tonight!", Silvio says and takes a seat at the table.

The following day
The night of drinking and whoring is apperent on the chelaxian face and clothing, but not on the man's mood. Forever smiling, the noble man meets up with the rest of the group. "Ah, it is nice to see all of Silvio's new found friends! Tell Silvio, what did you find out last night?", he asks Sekrathral and Finn.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16

At the manor
"Of course, Kyson. I'll have Kora show you where," Lavinia tells the young priest as the others head out for the night.

By the dock
By the boat, Sekathral and Finn discover it has indeed been moored about 100 yards out. They can see 10 people carefully raising a large crate or something up from a small boat onto the deck, where they then lower it into the hold.

In the inn
The food at the inn is passable, Dargon, though certainly nothing you would come out of your way to return for.

The whores at the inn are passable, Silvio, though certainly nothing you would come out of your way to return for.

In the morning
You meet up again outside the Vanderboren manor -- it's a spot you are all familiar with -- to plan your next move.

If anyone else wants to do anything before morning, just let me know. We can back up a little if we need to.


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

I think you covered it all.

Zstelian follows along behind the burly dwarf, taking in the surroundings and keeping an eye out for anyone that might be taking too much of an interest in the party.

"So did either of you learn much about our prize?", he asks of those that reconnoitered the ship.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
Zstelian Karela wrote:

I think you covered it all.

Zstelian follows along behind the burly dwarf, taking in the surroundings and keeping an eye out for anyone that might be taking too much of an interest in the party.

"So did either of you learn much about our prize?", he asks of those that reconnoitered the ship.

"He's into shady business by all accounts," Dargon says matter of factly to the Varisian. "Me plans to tell 'em to his face to make right by Lavinia, but something tells me that'll be openin' a barrel o' hill giant's crap."

Dargon plans to facing them straight on as that's his style. But he's not dumb and could be talked into adding a little strategy to the mix.


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

Kyson chimes in.

"Did I see correctly that the boat was moored a ways off? We'll have to take a boat to get to it? Should we wait until they come ashore to talk or go out to them?"

Kyson hasn't been on too many boats.


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"We saw about 10 people loading something big onto it" remarks Sekathral. "Couldn't see what it was, but it was substantial. We would have to take a boat out to get aboard, or swim. Since what we want is on board, though, why don't we wait until some of them go ashore - sailors need their fun as much as anyone else - then go out? We could disguise ourselves as whores - they'd let us on then " He adds, dryly. "Split 'em up and take 'em out chunk by chunk"


Human (Taldan) - Scribe 9
Stats:
HP:66/66 AC 21;F8/R5/W11;Kn (arc) +14 Kn (his) +9 Kn(pl) +14 Kn(rel) +14 Per +13 Sen Mot +13 Spellcraft +14

"So we're going to need a smaller boat to get to the bigger boat. Seems odds...why don't they just bring the big boat closer to land? Or make them flatter so they can come to shore?"

Kyson is not nautically minded.

Looking at the weirdly cast group, Kyson speaks.

"I don't swim well or fight well. I can't use a sword nor a bow. Nor am I able to cast strong magics to fell powerful foes..." Kyson remembers reading about people who could do that. "...I would prefer to avoid fights and hurting and inevitable crying that comes afterward."

Kyson usually cries a bit after a fight...the few he has been in.

"I suppose we should go see about renting a boat. Oh yeah, and I don't swim too good either. Also, I don't like getting wet."

Kyson considers sharing a bit more, but decides against it.

Doing stuff is *hard*.


Male Dwarf Monk 5 [HP 54/54]
Kyson Tirc wrote:


"I suppose we should go see about renting a boat. Oh yeah, and I don't swim too good either. Also, I don't like getting wet."

Despite being a reasonably good swimmer, Dargon is a typical Dwarf as far as water is concerned and feels much more comfortable on solid ground.

"Aye, Kyson. I’m not keen on taking to the water without need meself. Best to have our legs on solid ground. One of ya who enjoys the water more should invite Soller Vark for a business meeting at The Three Fiddlers' Fife. Perhaps we can make him an offer he can’t refuse."


Male Varisian Ranger/Cleric 9 - 83/83 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +3, AC 21 [touch 14, FF 16], Fort +13, Ref +10, Will +7; Perception +16*

"I like that idea. It's best to get a dangerous opponent out of his element", the Varisian offers.


Male Gnome Internal Alchemist 2

Finn's eyes brighten at Dargon's suggestion. "I like that idea. But if you need someone on the boat, I could swim out there myself, no problem. I've spent some time seeing if there was anything interesting at the bottom of the canals in town. Took me all day to find anything of interest, and even then it was just a rather pretty marble."


Male Elf Rogue (pirate) 6/ Gunslinger 3
Stats:
AC 20,T 17, FF 16; HP 53/53; Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +4

"Bunch of bloody lubbers" thinks Sekathral, then out loud: "That'll be me, Finn, or the Captain, I suppose. Possibly I could get him interested with a tale about a load of pesh that fell off the back of the wagon, if someone feels like spreading a few rumours beforehand..." He looks at Silvio, then turns to Finn. "Could you cook up something that'd fool him temporarily, if we wanted to take him some, er, free samples? Or maybe one of the Captain's lady-friends could invite him to spend the night, or the Captain could, depending on which way Vark swings." He sits down and lights his pipe, coughing noisily and producing clouds of pungent flayleaf fumes.

51 to 100 of 6,536 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Savage Tide PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.