Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

JZ's Carrion Crown (Shadows Over Gallowspire)

Game Master JamZilla

Map


12,651 to 12,700 of 12,883 << first < prev | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | next > last >>

|| hp 99/99 || Bardic Performance (30/30) || Spells remaining: 1st(7/8); 2nd(6/7); 3rd(6/7); 4th (4/5); 5th (2/2) Human Female Human Bard (AD) 13/Fighter (LW) 2 CG | Init +6; Senses Perception +17 | AC 25, touch 18, flat-footed 20 (+5 armor, +6 Dex) Fort +10, Ref +16, Will +12

Caradwen takes a step forward and unleashes on the one confronting Jon - "Nice one Davos!"

Attacking Yellow. Keeping up Inspire Courage.

Shot 1, Manyshot: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29
Damage if it hits 1: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (1, 3) + 18 = 22
Damage if it hits 2: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (1, 6) + 18 = 25

Shot 2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
Damage if it hits: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (4, 1) + 18 = 23

Shot 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Damage if it hits: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (3, 6) + 18 = 27

Shot 2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30
Damage if it hits: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (6, 4) + 18 = 28


Current Status:
Perception +10 || Init +2 || AC:30 || HP: 110/160 || Fort +14, Ref +9, Will +12 (+3 vs. fear); +3 morale bonus vs. charm and fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Morbar drags himself next to the one on the left - "Finnaly I get ta ye!" - he roars - "Taste DIS!"

Attacking Red.

Earthbreaker Vital Strike: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 37
Damage if it hits: 6d6 + 26 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 2, 1, 5) + 26 = 42


Male Human oracle 15 Init +2, pcpt +14,Fort +11,Ref +10,Will +13,Ac 27,FF 24,touch 17,Hp 152,Skills history +6 planes +10,diplomacy +15,survival +14,religion +7,intimidate +12,fly +15

Jon shields himself from the explosion of cold that erupts all around him, a reflex action that is unnecessary as Davos manipulates the blast to avoid him.
As the skeletons all explode in showers of smoking bone Jon watches the cenobite claw its way out of the pit and raising his blade Jon slams it down onto the creatures head.

sword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
dam: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21


Cara feathers the furthest left cenobite, punching home arrow after arrow into it's bony chest. Morbar follows up with a devastating strike that despite his weariness crushes the next enemy.

Round 2 - Enemy

The remaining cenobite backs away from the marauding Jon, bring up it's hands and once again summoning a column of hellfire to blast as many of the heroes as it can.

Damage: 10d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 3, 5, 4, 1, 1, 6, 5) = 34 Half fire and half unholy

Jon reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Morbar reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Fail
Markus reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

34 damage to Morbar, 17 to Jon and Markus

Despite the scorching flame, the group feels it has the battle almost won. That is, until the massive iron statue, still ringing out with the screams of the poor person trapped inside, suddenly animates.

With stiff, stoccato movements it lurches of it's dias, the buzzing fly wings sounding like distant thunder.

It slams out at Jon with two massive blows.

Statue, Jon: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (15) + 28 = 43 Hit
Damage: 2d10 + 16 ⇒ (10, 9) + 16 = 35
Statue, Jon: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (1) + 28 = 29 Miss

Round 3 - Heroes

Knowledge arcana for this thing


Male Aasimar Priest 15 | hp 92 | AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+32 | Fort+15, Ref+11, Will+20 | CMD+19

Markus looks around as the statue fire out at him he studies the statue
for moment attempting to work it out.

Arcana: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27

Can I delay?

hp= 58/86 AC 22


Markus knowledge:

An iron golem has a humanoid body made from iron. It can be sculpted into any shape its creator desires, but it almost always displays armor of some sort, from simple and utilitarian to ceremonial and ornate. Its features are much smoother than those of a stone golem. Iron golems sometimes carry a weapon in one hand, though they rarely use these, relying instead on their slam attacks.

An iron golem is 12 feet tall and weighs about 5,000 pounds. An iron golem cannot speak or make any vocal noise, nor does it have any distinguishable odor.

You actually know very little about them aside from the fact that they are mindless and immune to any spell or effect that allows spell resistance.


Wizard Evocation 15 | HP 92 | AC 17, FF 11, T 13 | Saves 13, 12, 14 +2 vs.enchant | Ranged hit 10/5 |KA 27, KD 17, KE 14, KG 14, KH 25, KL 18, KNa 19, KNo 14 KP 22, KR 25 | SC 25, Fly 15, Perc 3, Ling 17 | Initiative+3 | Spell Pen +21| Conc +22 Elf

Arcana: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (4) + 25 = 29


Current Status:
Perception +10 || Init +2 || AC:30 || HP: 110/160 || Fort +14, Ref +9, Will +12 (+3 vs. fear); +3 morale bonus vs. charm and fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Behind him, Morbar knows his companion's minds are racing, trying to understand what they are up against - "Does it really matter lads?!" - he shrugs it away, stepping forward and mauling at the beast, the sound of earthbreaker against iron deafening everyone around him.

Earthbreaker, Adamantine: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39
Damage if it hits: 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (5, 1) + 22 = 28

Earthbreaker, Adamantine: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Damage if it hits: 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (3, 2) + 22 = 27

Earthbreaker, Adamantine: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage if it hits: 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (4, 2) + 22 = 28


Attack of opportunity, Morbar: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (5) + 28 = 33
Damage: 2d10 + 16 ⇒ (5, 4) + 16 = 25

The statue slams Morbar as he comes in but his own hammer cracks down onto it with tremendous force.


Current Status:
Perception +10 || Init +2 || AC:30 || HP: 110/160 || Fort +14, Ref +9, Will +12 (+3 vs. fear); +3 morale bonus vs. charm and fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

It was a 5' Jam :P


Oh sorry, I thought you were further back. Ignore that then


Male Human oracle 15 Init +2, pcpt +14,Fort +11,Ref +10,Will +13,Ac 27,FF 24,touch 17,Hp 152,Skills history +6 planes +10,diplomacy +15,survival +14,religion +7,intimidate +12,fly +15

I missed a go last round, my post was the aoo
Last round .....
Jon continues to slash at the cenobite before him his blade a silver blur.

sword: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34
dam: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21

sword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
dam: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

As the fire erupts all around him Jons own magic protects him and as the flames clear he suddenly turns to see the huge statue rearing up and one of its huge legs slams into him, a great gout of blood sprays from his mouth as he feels his ribs crack.
Ignoring the pain he somehow manages to avoid the second atttack as the statue slams the ground mere inches from where he was standing.
As Morbar slams his hammer into the thing Jon also hacks at it with his own blade .
Morbar is right hit it with everything you have!

sword: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34
dam: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23

sword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
dam: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23

Hp 98/142


Wizard Evocation 15 | HP 92 | AC 17, FF 11, T 13 | Saves 13, 12, 14 +2 vs.enchant | Ranged hit 10/5 |KA 27, KD 17, KE 14, KG 14, KH 25, KL 18, KNa 19, KNo 14 KP 22, KR 25 | SC 25, Fly 15, Perc 3, Ling 17 | Initiative+3 | Spell Pen +21| Conc +22 Elf

As the massive golem pulls itself from out from the pit and thinks to himself I don't want to get hit by that thing

And with a flurry of hand gestures he creates images around himself

Images: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Heroism +50%, prot from evil, life bubble, death ward, shield

Spells:

Open/Close
Light
Identify
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation

1st Level (6 + 1 evocation spell per day)
Magic Missile -
Shield - 1
Mage Armor -
Protection from evil -
Liberating command - 1

2nd Level (6+1 evocation spell per day)
Scorching Ray -
Mirror Image -
Invisibility - 1
Glitterdust -
Rope Trick - 1

3rd Level (6+1 Evocation spell per day)
Fireball -
Haste - 1
Fly - 1
Dispel Magic - 1
Chain of Perdition - 1
Heroism -

4th Level (5+1 Evocation spell per day)
Empower Scorching ray - 1
black tentacles -
Greater Invisibility - 1
Wall of fire - 1
Emergency Force Sphere - 1

5th Level (4+1 Evocation spell per day)
Teleport - 2
Lighting Arc - 1
Empowered Fireball - 1
Icy Prison - 1

6th Level (4+1 Evocation spell per day)
Sirocco - 1
Forceful hand - 1
Freezing Sphere - 1

7th Level (3+1 Evocation spell per day) +2 dc evoc
Prismatic Spray - 1
Empowered lighting arc - 1
Reverse gravity - 1
Scouring winds- 1

Versatile Evocation 10rnds/2
Elemental manipulation 13rnds/
Intense spells +6

Items
Arcane bond 1/
Mist Projector 20/
Rod lesser extend 3/1
Rod Ectoplasmic 3/
Pearl of power level 3 1/1
scroll of teleport


Unlike Morbar's adamantine hammer, though Jon's blade is razor-sharp, it barely even scratches the surface of the iron golem.


Male Aasimar Priest 15 | hp 92 | AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+32 | Fort+15, Ref+11, Will+20 | CMD+19

Markus lets out another blast of healing energy. As he shouts out.

"Just hit it hard."

Channel healing: 7d8 ⇒ (5, 2, 1, 5, 7, 2, 8) = 30

hp= 86/86 AC 22


I think Cara has an action this turn


M Tiefling | Inquisitor 15 | AC 25. T 19. Ff 21. | OHP 130 | Saves F18 R 16 W 19 | SR 14 vs evil | Spells 6x0, 6x1, 6x2, 5x3, 5x4 2x5 | Judgement 5/day | Bane 19 rnds | Resist fire, cold, electric 5 | skills: Prof 3. Dis dev, disguise, fly, sleight 4. bluff, kn nat 5. Acrobat 6. Diplomacy, heal, kn arcana, kn dungeon,kn plane, kn relig, ride, Spellcraft, , stealth, swim 9. Climb, intimidate 11. Survival 13. Percept 16. Sense mot 19.

so how many rounds for Erek to remove exhaustion with the wand? He's casting and moving so night at behind the rest. What's hisnstatus after 3 rounds of that?


You can't cast and move. A single casting of the spell takes three full rounds. So in that time you can do nothing except perform the actions required to cast the spell.

After 3 rounds you become fatigued. After a further 3 rounds you are fine again.

That being said, you are only about 60 feet away so once you rejoin the fight it won't take you long to get there


|| hp 99/99 || Bardic Performance (30/30) || Spells remaining: 1st(7/8); 2nd(6/7); 3rd(6/7); 4th (4/5); 5th (2/2) Human Female Human Bard (AD) 13/Fighter (LW) 2 CG | Init +6; Senses Perception +17 | AC 25, touch 18, flat-footed 20 (+5 armor, +6 Dex) Fort +10, Ref +16, Will +12

Caradwen turns a doubtful look at the monstrosity and then at her bow. At last she decides to shoot the cenobite instead - "I'll take care of the freak - you boys handle the cauldron!" - she jokes.

Keeping up Inspire Courage. Rapid Shot targeting the cenobite.

Shot 1, Manyshot: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
Damage if it hits 1: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (6, 2) + 18 = 26
Damage if it hits 2: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (5, 3) + 18 = 26

Shot 2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
Damage if it hits: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (2, 5) + 18 = 25

Shot 3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Damage if it hits: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (5, 5) + 18 = 28

Shot 4: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage if it hits: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (3, 1) + 18 = 22


Cara's arrows punch the remaining cenobite off it's feet, it's teeth chattering as it produces a weird, gutteral sound upon it's death.

Another off her arrows pings off the surface of the iron golem, leaving a gouge in it's wake.


Round 3 - Enemy

Slam, Morbar: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (19) + 28 = 47 Hit
Confirm: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (5) + 28 = 33 Confirmed
Damage: 4d10 + 32 ⇒ (4, 5, 7, 10) + 32 = 58

Slam, Morbar: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (8) + 28 = 36 Hit
Damage: 2d10 + 16 ⇒ (8, 1) + 16 = 25

Impervious to any pain, the golem fairly smashes into Morbar, caving his breastplate with an enormous blow and following it with another crushing slam to his head.

Round 4 - Heroes


Current Status:
Perception +10 || Init +2 || AC:30 || HP: 110/160 || Fort +14, Ref +9, Will +12 (+3 vs. fear); +3 morale bonus vs. charm and fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Wait a second, Constructs aren't immune to criticals, are they?
If not, then I need to roll for that 20...

Earthbreaker, Adamantine CRIT?: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (11) + 23 = 34
Additional damage if it crits: 2d6 + 2d6 + 22 + 22 ⇒ (2, 1) + (2, 6) + 22 + 22 = 55

"I can give as hard as I get!" - Morbar roars in face of the terrible wounds, swinging his Hammer repeatedly at the creature.

Earthbreaker, Adamantine: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29
Damage: 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (1, 5) + 22 = 28

Earthbreaker, Adamantine: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Damage: 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (6, 1) + 22 = 29

Earthbreaker, Adamantine: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (3, 2) + 22 = 27


Morbar fairly demolishes the massive statue. His hammer smashes one of the legs out from underneath the thing and as it topples he brings it down time and again on it's head until it is unrecognisable as anything other than a twisted chunk of metal.

Combat Over


Male Aasimar Priest 15 | hp 92 | AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+32 | Fort+15, Ref+11, Will+20 | CMD+19

Markus lands on the ground next to Morbar and begins to heal his deep wounds.

CMW: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (1, 1) + 10 = 12
CMW: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (2, 7) + 10 = 19

Then lets off a wave of energy healing everyone around him.

CPE: 7d8 ⇒ (8, 8, 4, 6, 8, 1, 3) = 38

He looks around the room checking over the body's quickly. "This place is never ending.." He looks to the double doors, stepping over to them and listen.

Percpetion: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (2) + 32 = 34 Traps and such

He opens them.

If you need to we have other people who can use the wand at the same time as I heal so just roll what you need


I'll assume you are waiting for Erek at this stage. Probably a good time to review minute per level buffs, if you cast them at the start of this place they are probably coming to an end by now


Current Status:
Perception +10 || Init +2 || AC:30 || HP: 110/160 || Fort +14, Ref +9, Will +12 (+3 vs. fear); +3 morale bonus vs. charm and fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

If we are waiting for Erek, then we should make a break for Morbar also. I can do the same and stay out of the next fight if you prefer.

Thanks for the healing Markus.


Current Status:
Perception +10 || Init +2 || AC:30 || HP: 110/160 || Fort +14, Ref +9, Will +12 (+3 vs. fear); +3 morale bonus vs. charm and fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Wasn't there someone inside the golem or something?


Wizard Evocation 15 | HP 92 | AC 17, FF 11, T 13 | Saves 13, 12, 14 +2 vs.enchant | Ranged hit 10/5 |KA 27, KD 17, KE 14, KG 14, KH 25, KL 18, KNa 19, KNo 14 KP 22, KR 25 | SC 25, Fly 15, Perc 3, Ling 17 | Initiative+3 | Spell Pen +21| Conc +22 Elf

All my minute ones have been renewed

"Soon we will get to the end and vanquish what lies there, this whole place has been testing us and not one I intend on failing" he says as the group gather themselves ready to push on wards


Images:-6
AC - 21 / 23vs evil
Heroism +50%, prot from evil, life bubble, death ward, shield

Spells:

Open/Close
Light
Identify
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation

1st Level (6 + 1 evocation spell per day)
Magic Missile -
Shield -
Mage Armor -
Protection from evil -
Liberating command - 1

2nd Level (6+1 evocation spell per day)
Scorching Ray -
Mirror Image -
Invisibility - 1
Glitterdust -
Rope Trick - 1

3rd Level (6+1 Evocation spell per day)
Fireball -
Haste - 1
Fly - 1
Dispel Magic - 1
Chain of Perdition - 1
Heroism -

4th Level (5+1 Evocation spell per day)
Empower Scorching ray - 1
black tentacles -
Greater Invisibility - 1
Wall of fire - 1
Emergency Force Sphere - 1

5th Level (4+1 Evocation spell per day)
Teleport - 2
Lighting Arc - 1
Empowered Fireball - 1
Icy Prison - 1

6th Level (4+1 Evocation spell per day)
Sirocco - 1
Forceful hand - 1
Freezing Sphere - 1

7th Level (3+1 Evocation spell per day) +2 dc evoc
Prismatic Spray - 1
Empowered lighting arc - 1
Reverse gravity - 1
Scouring winds- 1

Versatile Evocation 10rnds/2
Elemental manipulation 13rnds/
Intense spells +6

Items
Arcane bond 1/
Mist Projector 20/
Rod lesser extend 3/1
Rod Ectoplasmic 3/
Pearl of power level 3 1/1
scroll of teleport


The person trapped in the statue stopped screaming some time ago. You peer in through the grate, shielding your face against the still intense heat and see it is now just a blackened husk.


Current Status:
Perception +10 || Init +2 || AC:30 || HP: 110/160 || Fort +14, Ref +9, Will +12 (+3 vs. fear); +3 morale bonus vs. charm and fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities

Morbar frowns as he looks upon the burnt husk - "Damn this!" - then turns to the others - "Where da HELL is Erek?! Takin' a break is he?!" - and plops himself down on the floor heavily - "Well then! I'm havin' ma beauty rest also!"

Waiting for the wand, and for someone to un-exhaust me :P


Male Human oracle 15 Init +2, pcpt +14,Fort +11,Ref +10,Will +13,Ac 27,FF 24,touch 17,Hp 152,Skills history +6 planes +10,diplomacy +15,survival +14,religion +7,intimidate +12,fly +15

I wonder who this poor soul was Jon says sadly as he moves up with Morbar to check the iron golem what the hell is wrong with these people? I can't get my head around it, I mean why? It's all so dammned senseless he says bitterly as he looks at the charred remains.
we must put an end to this place Davos, you are correct. We won't fail ! We can't. This place needs to be destroyed utterly
He says as he turns away and as Morbar slumps to the ground he moves to his side and places his hand upon his shoulder we'll get you restored before we push on, we need you at your best for what lies ahead

As they utilise the wand to restore Morbar Jon draws upon his own decisions ndling reserves of power and bolsters his own magical defences.

protection from evil, bull str, death ward re cast whilst we restore Morbar and Erek . Getting pretty low on spells now :(
I'm assume my we will remove the exhaustion with the wand , which will take at least 6 rounds


Male Aasimar Priest 15 | hp 92 | AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+32 | Fort+15, Ref+11, Will+20 | CMD+19

I guess we wait for 3 round to cast it on Morbar and then move to those double doors.

Did we find anything of interest on the body/area?

Markus turns from the burnt man, there's nothing he can do for him now. "Take a drink, we'll rest here a moment." He takes out his flask and downs it, the water replaced with rich wine long ago. With Erek moving in his nods and takes the wands using it on Morbar.


Male Human oracle 15 Init +2, pcpt +14,Fort +11,Ref +10,Will +13,Ac 27,FF 24,touch 17,Hp 152,Skills history +6 planes +10,diplomacy +15,survival +14,religion +7,intimidate +12,fly +15

Rummaging in his pack for several moments Jon eventually pulls out a wax sealed vial.
Breaking the seal he pours the contents out onto his blade,
Using a scrap of cloth he rubs the shimmering paste all over his sword, coating it both sides.
forgot I had this stuff, who knows what we'll face up ahead. Hopefully whatever it is hates the taste of silver he says as he watches the alchemical silver bond to his blade

using a vial of silver sheen to coat my blade


Loot:

Under one of the pews you find a Ring of Force Shield
The cenobites also had:
+1 Breastplate x3
+1 Scythe x3
+1 Ring of protection x3
Robe of Bones x3
10 onyx gems worth 50gp x3 (so worth 1,500 total)


Let's push on, nearly at the end of this!

Stairs from the chamber of the Urgathoan Fly lead to a final long corridor sloping down to the darkest recesses of the Whispering Way’s domain, an area reserved exclusively for the cult’s most prominent members’ venerations of Urgathoa.

The corridor opens into a dimly lit room that you hear before you see, the sound of slopping and sloshing drifting up the corridor along with a stench of filth and death.

Rotting gray ichor drips from murder holes in the ceiling overhead to fill a massive pit with a vile, roiling soup of millions upon millions of maggots.

A voice echoes within the chamber, but you can't quite tell where from;

You defile this unholy place with your presence. Your flesh will feed this place and your essence will be trapped here forever! Why have you come, why have you come to your doom?


Updated Map


Male Aasimar Priest 15 | hp 92 | AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+32 | Fort+15, Ref+11, Will+20 | CMD+19

Im getting low too but I still have some big stuff left - I still have remove fear and a few support spells ready.

He finishes patching up everyone, making sure their ready for whats downstairs and then steps forward through the double doors down into gods only know what.

----

Markus stands strong not wanting to show any sign of fear or disgust as he stares down at the pit of maggots.

"You defile this plane with your evil arts." He takes one step forward. "We're here to put a stop to the Whispering Way, we're here to free a friend of ours. Now tell me where is Kendra Lorrimor!" He shouts his last words as a command.

Perpcetion: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (14) + 32 = 46 Scanning the room - I still have daylight on my holy symbol it lasts 10 min./leve and is 60 foot of bright light.


M Tiefling | Inquisitor 15 | AC 25. T 19. Ff 21. | OHP 130 | Saves F18 R 16 W 19 | SR 14 vs evil | Spells 6x0, 6x1, 6x2, 5x3, 5x4 2x5 | Judgement 5/day | Bane 19 rnds | Resist fire, cold, electric 5 | skills: Prof 3. Dis dev, disguise, fly, sleight 4. bluff, kn nat 5. Acrobat 6. Diplomacy, heal, kn arcana, kn dungeon,kn plane, kn relig, ride, Spellcraft, , stealth, swim 9. Climb, intimidate 11. Survival 13. Percept 16. Sense mot 19.

spells:

Lvl 1 
Barbed chains 
Divine favour (used) 
Ear piercing scream 
Hedging weapons 
Hide from undead 
Protection from evil (used)

Lvl 2 
Death candle 
Distressing tone 
Qualm 
Righteous blood (used) 
See invisibility 
Spiritual weapon 
Lvl 3 
Battle trance 
Damnation 
Eldritch fever 
Searing light x2 
Lvl 4 
Flesh worm infestation 
Holy smite x2 (used)
Stone-skin (used) 
Lvl 5 
Righteous might (used)


M Tiefling | Inquisitor 15 | AC 25. T 19. Ff 21. | OHP 130 | Saves F18 R 16 W 19 | SR 14 vs evil | Spells 6x0, 6x1, 6x2, 5x3, 5x4 2x5 | Judgement 5/day | Bane 19 rnds | Resist fire, cold, electric 5 | skills: Prof 3. Dis dev, disguise, fly, sleight 4. bluff, kn nat 5. Acrobat 6. Diplomacy, heal, kn arcana, kn dungeon,kn plane, kn relig, ride, Spellcraft, , stealth, swim 9. Climb, intimidate 11. Survival 13. Percept 16. Sense mot 19.

Erek rushes into the room and pauses at the carnage. He looks at Mirbar with concern but see Marcus tending his wounds. By way if apology he says " I am no longer fatigued and am ready to face the final evil in this place. You all did well. Mirbar, next time I will stand with you when you throw yourself into peril."

While the other's heal he calls on the power if his for and casts a spell on himself. Suddenly 3 translucent longswords apear around him and begin slowly circling his body, encasing him in a soft yellow glow. The Aldrich light gives his features an ethereal cast.

hedging weapons. +3 AC


|| hp 99/99 || Bardic Performance (30/30) || Spells remaining: 1st(7/8); 2nd(6/7); 3rd(6/7); 4th (4/5); 5th (2/2) Human Female Human Bard (AD) 13/Fighter (LW) 2 CG | Init +6; Senses Perception +17 | AC 25, touch 18, flat-footed 20 (+5 armor, +6 Dex) Fort +10, Ref +16, Will +12

Caradwen renews Gravity Bow from her wand. See Invisibility should still be up (at 10min/level), right? Casting also Freedom of Movement.

UMD: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (7) + 25 = 32

Caradwen stands back, scanning the room from afar, bow at the ready.


Current Status:
Perception +10 || Init +2 || AC:30 || HP: 110/160 || Fort +14, Ref +9, Will +12 (+3 vs. fear); +3 morale bonus vs. charm and fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities
Markus Valon wrote:

Im getting low too but I still have some big stuff left - I still have remove fear and a few support spells ready.

He finishes patching up everyone, making sure their ready for whats downstairs and then steps forward through the double doors down into gods only know what.

Markus, we have wands of CLW, correct? Would like to top Morbar off.

----

Markus Valon wrote:

Markus stands strong not wanting to show any sign of fear or disgust as he stares down at the pit of maggots.

"You defile this plane with your evil arts." He takes one step forward. "We're here to put a stop to the Whispering Way, we're here to free a friend of ours. Now tell me where is Kendra Lorrimor!" He shouts his last words as a command.

"We are waiting for an answer, fool!" - Morbar reinforces.


Erek Tulmoon wrote:

Erek rushes into the room and pauses at the carnage. He looks at Mirbar with concern but see Marcus tending his wounds. By way if apology he says " I am no longer fatigued and am ready to face the final evil in this place. You all did well. Mirbar, next time I will stand with you when you throw yourself into peril."

While the other's heal he calls on the power if his for and casts a spell on himself. Suddenly 3 translucent longswords apear around him and begin slowly circling his body, encasing him in a soft yellow glow. The Aldrich light gives his features an ethereal cast.

hedging weapons. +3 AC

Erek, I think Hedging Weapons is a deflection bonus that won't stack with your Ring of Protection +3. That means casting that spell will overlap it and will only increase your AC by +1


See Invisibility is still up. But you still can't see where this voice is coming from

The pit of maggots writhe and wriggle. The stench is almost overwhelming here but worse is the sight of all those horrid little creatures, slopping over eachother in a crawling mass of putridness.

The Whispering Way are about to enter into a new chapter, a new era of dark glory. Perhaps if you are lucky the wondrous Tyrant will leave you with enough life to be able to see it coming!

Suddenly a figure beings to emerge form the throng of maggots, not standing up from beneath them but coalescing from them. Dark robes appear around it's shoulders form seemingly nowhere, hanging on a frame made entirely of writhing maggots.

The Worm that Walks looks at you with eyes that do not exist and laughs with a voice that comes from no mouth.


Initiative:

Markus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Morbar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Cara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Erek: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Jon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Davos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

[spoiler=Worm]1d20+8[/dice]

Round 1 - Enemy

Black Tentacles: 1d20 + 14 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 5 = 31

I can't see all of your CMDs. I think that gets everyone except Morbar.

The worm raises it's 'hands' and gestures quickly. The ground beneath the gathered party's feet erupts and massive, slobbering maggots suddenly squirm out, wrapping themselves around the group, grasping and wriggling all over.

Everyone except Morbar takes 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage and you are grappled.

The DC to escape this grapple is 29 and requires either a CMB check or an Escape Artist.

The concentration DC to cast a spell while grappled by the Black Tentacles is 29 + spell level

Round 1 - Heroes

Map


Actually Cara and Jon you have Freedom of Movement on?


Male Aasimar Priest 15 | hp 92 | AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 16 | Perc+32 | Fort+15, Ref+11, Will+20 | CMD+19

@Morbar Yes just roll what you need and I'll take it off, Cara could have cast it on him while I was using the restoration wand.

Markus shouts out as the maggots wriggle all over him slapping and holding him down, a scene of utter disgust. But the priest centers himself and attempts to concentrate taking a deep breath he closes his eye thinking of nothing but getting out of there and picturing himself in the air.

Dimensinal step: 1d20 + 14 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 7 + 4 = 43 No idea on the DC that seems like loads tho.

He releases his spell and finds himself 30 foot above the disgusting creature and put of maggots. Attempting to figure out just what it is and what this place could be.

Perpcetion: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (15) + 32 = 47
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37

Thats a movement, I still have a standard just want to see what I'm dealing with. - I have 50 feet of step left


Male Human oracle 15 Init +2, pcpt +14,Fort +11,Ref +10,Will +13,Ac 27,FF 24,touch 17,Hp 152,Skills history +6 planes +10,diplomacy +15,survival +14,religion +7,intimidate +12,fly +15

Jon moves along with the others into the stinking pit of evil and he is grateful his own power keeps the wretched stench of this place from him.

you fools are delusional! You and your piss any tyrant will rot here forever Jon sneers as the maggot creature rises up before them
As the huge maggots suddenly tear up from the ground Jon curses savagely as they grasp his companions tightly and slowly constrict them .
His eyes suddenly blaze with fire as he unleashes his own power and attempts to rip the spell apart .
let them go you son of a b@#%! !

dispel magic: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

I have freedom of movement on also


Markus:
Among the millions of maggots you see some larger ones in the pit but do not know what they are.

When a powerful spellcaster with a strong personality, a lust for life, and a remorselessly evil soul dies and is buried in a graveyard infused with eldritch magic, a strange phenomenon sometimes occurs. The flesh of the decaying body fats and instructs the very worms that gnaw, and these graveworms quicken not only on corruption but upon the spellcaster's memories and magical power. The spellcaster's very soul is consumed in this vile process, only to be split apart to inhabit each of the individual chewing worms in so many fragments. The result is a hideous hive mind of slithering life known as a worm that walks—a mass of worms that clings to the vague shape of the body that granted it this new existence, and can wield the powers and magic the spellcaster had in life. A worm that walks retains memories of its life as a spellcaster before its death, but is not undead—it is a hideous new form of undulant life.

While these creatures have heavy damage reduction against every possible physical attack, fast healing and the ability to discorporate into a pile of maggots, the real threat is that they are usually skilled spellcasters


Jon dispels the mass of writhing maggots that grasp at the party!


Wizard Evocation 15 | HP 92 | AC 17, FF 11, T 13 | Saves 13, 12, 14 +2 vs.enchant | Ranged hit 10/5 |KA 27, KD 17, KE 14, KG 14, KH 25, KL 18, KNa 19, KNo 14 KP 22, KR 25 | SC 25, Fly 15, Perc 3, Ling 17 | Initiative+3 | Spell Pen +21| Conc +22 Elf

"Excellent Jon!" he yells out as the grasping maggots retreat into the ground beneath away freeing his body from the disgusting grapple they had on him.

Grabbing his rod, Davos imbues his spell fly on himself increasing the potency of it.


Images:-6
AC - 21 / 23 vs evil
Heroism +50%, prot from evil, life bubble, death ward, shield +50%, fly +50%

Spells:

Open/Close
Light
Identify
Detect Magic
Prestidigitation

1st Level (6 + 1 evocation spell per day)
Magic Missile -
Shield -
Mage Armor -
Protection from evil -
Liberating command - 1

2nd Level (6+1 evocation spell per day)
Scorching Ray -
Mirror Image -
Invisibility - 1
Glitterdust -
Rope Trick - 1

3rd Level (6+1 Evocation spell per day)
Fireball -
Haste - 1
Fly -
Dispel Magic - 1
Chain of Perdition - 1
Heroism -

4th Level (5+1 Evocation spell per day)
Empower Scorching ray - 1
black tentacles -
Greater Invisibility - 1
Wall of fire - 1
Emergency Force Sphere - 1

5th Level (4+1 Evocation spell per day)
Teleport - 2
Lighting Arc - 1
Empowered Fireball - 1
Icy Prison - 1

6th Level (4+1 Evocation spell per day)
Sirocco - 1
Forceful hand - 1
Freezing Sphere - 1

7th Level (3+1 Evocation spell per day) +2 dc evoc
Prismatic Spray - 1
Empowered lighting arc - 1
Reverse gravity - 1
Scouring winds- 1

Versatile Evocation 10rnds/2
Elemental manipulation 13rnds/
Intense spells +6

Items
Arcane bond 1/
Mist Projector 20/
Rod lesser extend 3/3
Rod Ectoplasmic 3/
Pearl of power level 3 1/1
scroll of teleport

12,651 to 12,700 of 12,883 << first < prev | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jamzillas Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.