Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM_Foxy's Incident at Absalom Station

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

GM_Foxy's Dead Suns AP
Dead Sun Maps

Loot Log


451 to 500 of 805 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male LN Android Scholar Technomancer | SP 12 HP 14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 VS Combat Manuvers 23| Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 LL Vision, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

EH-RK balances the shields, restoring those quadrants that are depleted

Computers DC17: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 18/18 SP: 14/14 Res 1/3 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 | Init +1 | Percep +5

Manteca rights himself and takes a deep breath. "Boreal... please... do whatever you can so that we can stop rolling the ship."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Made it! +2 to Boreal's shot.


F Vesk Soldier 2___Init:5 Perc:0___HP:20 Stamina:18___KAC:16_EAC:14_F/R/W: 5/1/3___Character Sheet

Lazer: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 122d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
"The rolling is getting in my way too." She complains as her shot goes wide again

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Op 2 | HP 16/16 SP: 14/14 RP: 5/6 | EAC: 15 KAC: 16 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6 | F: +1 R: +7 W: +3 | Atk:+6/d6

Evade!: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!" Wraith shouts as she starts doing some -sick- rolls and twists. "Hey, think we can hover over his cockpit an' take a quick snapshot? I saw it in a classical vid once an' always wanted to try it."


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

"You're the pilot."


Kitsune Game Master

When Allison is done piloting you probably want to change the ship. A once eaten breakfast makes a nice spiral in low shuttle gravity during some rolls, but once it hits the wall it is just plain disgusting.

The shooting is way off, but even though the enemy ship flees at full speed, it is still in reach of the coil gun at least.

Liberty's Edge

Human Op 2 | HP 16/16 SP: 14/14 RP: 5/6 | EAC: 15 KAC: 16 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6 | F: +1 R: +7 W: +3 | Atk:+6/d6

New round?


Kitsune Game Master

Yes


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Android Scholar Technomancer | SP 12 HP 14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 VS Combat Manuvers 23| Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 LL Vision, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Eric boosts power to the Shields, attempting to restore their functionality.

Engineering DC12: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

+4 Shields

Humanoids: There is now a ninety four point seven seven two probability that we survive this encounter. That was most excellent shooting Kasatha Dame Tannehauser. I see my algorithm was helpful.

It was not helpful.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

”Thank you. It was.” Tannhäuser replies, not even looking as she pulls the trigger one last time.

Turret (Coilgun): 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 94d4 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 2) = 7


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 18/18 SP: 14/14 Res 1/3 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 | Init +1 | Percep +5

Manteca watches his breakfast for a moment, his antenna lying flat against his head as though slumped in defeat. As the ship goes to low grav, he holds onto the doorframe with both arms and wedging both legs into the doorway.

Dame Tannhauser, please finish this, he pleads telepathically.

Diplo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

As he watches the shot go wide, he squeezes out a single tear. It, too, floats in the low-gravity before being subsumed in a still-floating spiral of breakfast.


Kitsune Game Master

Tannhäuser manages to waste another round of bullets without effect and the enemy ship evades the shuttle. With the sensors you can track it though and find that it lands on the Rock behind the Acreon. Shortly after you arrive with your shuttle at the Acreon too.

The Acreon is an old prospecting and mining ship that has seen years of hard use in the asteroid fields and hard vacuum of the Pact Worlds and beyond. It’s a boxy and ungainly ship, and its patched and repatched outer hull bears the scars of countless micrometeorite impacts and is faded from exposure to the radiation of space. The Acreon floats alone in space, far from Absalom Station, its only companion the misshapen asteroid called the Drift Rock, which is tethered behind the ship on long tow cables. The Acreon’s transponder broadcasts a repeating message that the ship is under quarantine by order of Absalom Station security, warning away any curious onlookers and wouldbe explorers.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

We should probably finish That ship off if it landed nearby.


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 18/18 SP: 14/14 Res 1/3 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 | Init +1 | Percep +5

Dr. Imani slumps against the wall of the ship, breathing heavily. "Is... is ship combat always that, erm... unsettling?" As soon as the doors open, he is off the ship and onto the rock, laser at the ready.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

"No, it's usually much friendlier and personable than the normal combat that also involves killing people trying to kill you." she offers to the doctor.


Kitsune Game Master

You have several options here while floating over the Acreon.
- scanning the surroundings
- docking to the Acreon
- landing on the drift rock
- put on space suits to float over
- everything else you come up with
So it might be a little bit early to step out

The flying video drone raises into the air again as the shuttle comes to a halt near the Acreon.


Male LN Android Scholar Technomancer | SP 12 HP 14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 VS Combat Manuvers 23| Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 LL Vision, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Eric comforts the Shirren Shirren Manteca Imani, it is highly probable that we will be involved in at minimum four point seven seven more ship combats if we continue our careers as mercenaries. You have time to get used to it.

Let's dock with the Acreon...find out what's going on.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4
Foxy Quickpaw wrote:
The flying video drone raises into the air again as the shuttle comes to a halt near the Acreon.

Tannhäuser gently grabs hold of the drone and makes it face her. "Dearest Nor, I don't suppose you would know what that ship was and why it attacked us?"


"I can tell you that this ship was a DEATH’S HEAD NECROGLIDER, a space ship of Eoxian design. But who piloted it and why it attacked you is beyond my knowledge." the answer from Nor comes via the drone.


F Vesk Soldier 2___Init:5 Perc:0___HP:20 Stamina:18___KAC:16_EAC:14_F/R/W: 5/1/3___Character Sheet

"Can someone scan the ship and the rock?"


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

"Thank you." Tannhäuser replies to the drone before releasing it.


Male LN Android Scholar Technomancer | SP 12 HP 14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 VS Combat Manuvers 23| Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 LL Vision, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Indeed Vesk Boreal Typhon. That would be a logical first step. Scanning now.

Computers: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 16


Kitsune Game Master

EH-RK:
If successful, they can identify the ship as a Medium transport that can carry a full crew complement of six. The sensors are unable to get a good reading on any life signs that might be present on the ship, however. The ship’s aft airlock is open, exposing the interior of the ship to vacuum. The Acreon is armed, though none of its weapons are currently active, and its power core is outputting minimal energy—enough for life support, gravity and basic ship functions, but little else.

The Drift Rock is a rocky asteroid only a few thousand feet in diameter with an unremarkable, irregular surface. The asteroid has no atmosphere and is primarily composed of rock and metal. Strangely, the sensors can pick up no additional information, as if the Drift Rock itself is interfering with the sensor readings.


Male LN Android Scholar Technomancer | SP 12 HP 14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 VS Combat Manuvers 23| Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 LL Vision, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

The Acreon reads as if it is an abandoned spacer...which it is. Life signs are negligible and highly unlikely. The airlock is open, so anything inside would need to be space suited. The Rock, is unremarkable except for the scan interference I am experiencing. I suggest a course of action that docks us with the Acreon. Perhaps the Crew Log might shed light on what happened here.


Kitsune Game Master

Allison does a turn of the shuttle and with a hard smack docks it at the open airlock of the Acreon.

Once you're ready and leave the Shuttle you find yourself in a creepy situation. Flickering emergency lights do little to dispel the darkness inside the derelict ship, and the sense of abandonment is only heightened by the apparent lack of any movement or life inside its airless corridors. Artificial gravity is still functional, however, so there’s likely still power to run essential systems and possibly restore life support and atmosphere to the ship. Unfortunately, there are still no obvious clues as to the fate of the Acreon’s vanished crew.

once the map is up you are at C1 at the bottom


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 18/18 SP: 14/14 Res 1/3 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 | Init +1 | Percep +5

Manteca enables his suits environmental protections and draws a strange gun-like contraption. He carefully loads a blue-grey substance into a long, finned syringe that he carefully loads into the back. "Sedative," he explains without prompting. "Intended for personal or medical use, but it has had more, ah, militant uses before. Particularly when delivered at range like this device is designed to do." He also draws the laser pistol. "I must confess, the lighting malfunctions make the whole thing seem rather sinister."


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

”Being a ghost ship with no sign of the crew certainly doesn’t help either.”


Kitsune Game Master

While you stand in the open airlock a blue creature, the size of a wolf looks around the corner. Quadruped muscular figure, no fur, tentacle like appendages instead of hair, eyes glowing yellow in the flickering light and a mouth full of sharp teeth.

Knowledge(Planes)13:
Akata - Weaknesses: susceptible to salt water, resistant to fire, transmits void death a disease making you a zombie carrying their offspring.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

Pretty sure that would be Life Science, not Mysticism (K: Planes isn't a thing in Starfinder :3).

Tannhäuser tilts her head at the strange creature before letting out a whistle and motioning with one of her hands. "C'mere," she calls out to it like one would a dog or cat.


Kitsune Game Master

It's Life Science; And even in Pathfinder it was Know(Dungeoneering)

The creature doesn't need a second invitation. It charges Tannhäuser.
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
DC 10 Fort save vs. Void Death please.

Void Death Starfinder:
VOID DEATH
Type disease (injury); Save Fortitude DC 10
Track physical; Frequency 1/day
Effect No latent/carrier state; an infected creature that dies
rises as a void zombie (see page 61) 2d4 hours later.
Cure 2 consecutive saves


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

"OW! Bad! Bad... whatever you are!" she cries before slashing at the beast with her hand and the half formed black blade in it.

Solar Weapon: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21
Slashing: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

Solar Attunement 1/3


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 18/18 SP: 14/14 Res 1/3 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 | Init +1 | Percep +5

Manteca gives an alarmed trill and fires a shot from his laser, before retreating back to the ship.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Dmg if that hits EAC: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Life Science: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


F Vesk Soldier 2___Init:5 Perc:0___HP:20 Stamina:18___KAC:16_EAC:14_F/R/W: 5/1/3___Character Sheet

Boreal will step to a flank with Dame Tannhauser
Attack, tactical Doshko: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 161d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male LN Android Scholar Technomancer | SP 12 HP 14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 VS Combat Manuvers 23| Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 LL Vision, Darkvision 60' | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Life Science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Humanoids! The creature carries a deadly disease!

Eric draws his tac-pistol and fires at the creature.

Pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

”Joy.”


Kitsune Game Master

Tannhäuser cuts the creature badly, Manteca's laser has no effect on the akata, but Boreal cuts it down with her Doshko.

End of combat
FYI: Androids are also Humanoids. You only get a +2 save vs Diseases.


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 18/18 SP: 14/14 Res 1/3 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 | Init +1 | Percep +5

Manteca peers out from around the corner of the docked shuttle. "Well... I'm willing to bet we found out what happened to the crew. We should be on the lookout for the crew's reanimated remains and for any other akatas that may attack." He also holsters his laser. "Won't be needing this with their fire resistance..." Sighing, he draws a small knife.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

Tannhäuser crouches over the beast to inspect its corpse, prodding it a few times. "So they carry a disease and are resistant to fire. And reanimated remains? Is this something they can do or does it have to do with what Nor sent us to get?"


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 18/18 SP: 14/14 Res 1/3 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 | Init +1 | Percep +5

"It is related to the disease they carry - those slain by it return as a walking receptacle for the akatas' larval young until the creatures are prepared to exist outside their reanimated hosts." Manteca shudders at his own description. "Ghoulish to say the least."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

"Ah," Tannhäuser lets out before looking down at the Akata. "You were just looking for a place for your babies." she says while gently petting the corpse's head.


Kitsune Game Master

Acreon Map
You're still in C1 at the bottom of the map.


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 18/18 SP: 14/14 Res 1/3 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 | Init +1 | Percep +5

Manteca telpathically connects with the party members.

Door to the left - I would volunteer to open it, but... The party members get a psychic impression of frailty and shame.


F Vesk Soldier 2___Init:5 Perc:0___HP:20 Stamina:18___KAC:16_EAC:14_F/R/W: 5/1/3___Character Sheet

Boreal grunts at the doctor, moving to the door he stands to one side and readies to open the door, waiting for someone to take up position on the opposite side.


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

At Boreal’s non-verbal cue Tannhäuser takes up a position opposite of her.


F Vesk Soldier 2___Init:5 Perc:0___HP:20 Stamina:18___KAC:16_EAC:14_F/R/W: 5/1/3___Character Sheet

Boreal opens the door, and follows Tannhauser in hot on her heels


Kitsune Game Master

A cargo hold, this large room contains a small science lab, compact mining equipment, and collected rock samples from the Acreon’s prospecting mission. And two Akatas.
Initiative Akata: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Initiative Akata: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Initiative Boreal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Initiative Tannhäuser: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Initiative Manteca: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Initiative EH-RK: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Attack Boreal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attack Tannhäuser: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 271d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
DC Fort Save please

Now all of you please


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damn

"Augh! I know you are just looking for a nest for your offspring, but, LOOK ELSEWHERE!" Tannhäuser growls before retaliating.

Solar Weapon: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20
Slashing: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

Solar Attunement 1/3


Host Shirren Envoy 1 (Icon) | HP: 18/18 SP: 14/14 Res 1/3 | EAC 11 | KAC 12 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4 | Init +1 | Percep +5

Manteca creeps up to the doorway in time to see the madness burst loose. He gives a cheer at Tannhauser's strike against the akata. "Tannhauser, I don't believe they're intelligent - just keep stabbing them like you are! They'll understand force!"

Inspiring boost, 4 SP back to Tannhauser


F Vesk Soldier 2___Init:5 Perc:0___HP:20 Stamina:18___KAC:16_EAC:14_F/R/W: 5/1/3___Character Sheet

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Boreal will wind up and swing at the beast that Tannhauser struck, as she roars defiantly at them both.
Doshko: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Female Kasatha Solarion 1 (Priest of Talavet) SP: 06/14 HP: 13/18 R: 3/3 | EAC: 12 KAC: 13 | F +3 R +1 W +4

"I don't care if they understand force, I just hope they understand dying!"

451 to 500 of 805 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dead Suns AP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.