Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Doom 'n Gloom's Gameday VI Master of the Fallen Fortress CORE (Inactive)

Game Master TriShadow

Core version of Master of the Fallen Fortress


101 to 150 of 280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Half -Elf bard 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 15(T 13, FF 12) | CMD: 14/11FF | F:+1 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none|Bard Song 6/6

Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13 Untrained

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/11/16 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Iladora points at the northwest door. "That way. These tracks lead through that door."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Cleric of Cayden Cailean 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17/10/16 | CMD | F +5, R +0, W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments, +2 vs. charms/compulsions) | Init +0 | Perc. +5 (low-light), Sense Motive +3 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

"Then I suppose we should go through," Dolgarth sighs. "Can anyone investigate the nature of this trap and disable it?"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

”What tracks?” Avasir squints and looks in the direction Iladora was indicating. ”Humanoid? Animal? Other?”

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/11/16 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

"Reptilian." Iladora had never been especially good at tracking before, but these appear to her easily. "That's about all I can tell."

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather
GM Doom 'n Gloom wrote:

@ Arindel ~ At the North door you notice something akin to ...dripping?

This octagonal room is covered in a fine layer of dust. It’s clearly been abandoned for a long time.

As you begin to search the room, both the ranger and barbarian notice a trap near the northwest door.

survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Hmmm. Perhaps the 'dripping door?'"

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage

"I suppose we could go back and try the dripping door, if we have no way past this trap." Hob replies to Selfi. Then he asks, "But before we do that, what kind of trap is it?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Half -Elf bard 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 15(T 13, FF 12) | CMD: 14/11FF | F:+1 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none|Bard Song 6/6

Arindel moves forward to inspect the trap. He has an interest at getting better at dealing with them in the future so he gives a hand at trying to figure it out.
"I'll take a look my friends. Maybe I can help."
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Well one way to look at it ....if I get all this horrible rolling out of the way when it counts I will roll more then 5 on a D20

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

"Yes, if we can determine that it's a mechanical trap perhaps we can trigger it from a safe distance." Avasir adds naively.


Goblin Guild | MotFF

The team determines the trap must be mechanical in some way, as it radiates no magic. Due to your exploration downstairs, you are also confident it is not a pit-trap.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/11/16 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Sweet!

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather

Selfi moves to the other door and looks it over.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

She listens to it. If it seems safe. Takes 10 for 17.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

Avasir focuses on the door behind the trap to check for any magical aura...

Cast Detect Magic

He then returns to the previous room behind Selfi and concentrates on the other door in the same manner.

Cast Detect Magic

GM: I did a little searching and couldn't find a conclusive answer on this. Apart from Disable Device, can a Touch Trigger be tripped remotely with a ranged weapon if that trigger has been identified?

UPDATE I guess we only identified that it was mechanical, not what the trigger is, correct?

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

Avasir suddenly becomes aware of the reduced light inside.

"My eyes are getting by in the dimmer light. Would anyone else like an arcane light? Iladora?"

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage

"I need some light. My eyes don't do well in darkness."

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Cleric of Cayden Cailean 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17/10/16 | CMD | F +5, R +0, W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments, +2 vs. charms/compulsions) | Init +0 | Perc. +5 (low-light), Sense Motive +3 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

Remember that I have continual flame up, so that should be covered.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

Avasir casts Light on Hob's rapier.

"That should do the trick."

Liberty's Edge

Female

Arindel looks about, feeling a little anxious, the smile he almost always has affixed across his face faltering slightly. He reflexively reaches for the half bottle of port wine he had packed in his backpack. He doesn't feel like drinking it but tips the drink back like he is to cover his poor performance he has displayed so far. All the tales he has sung before did not mention the heroic story teller being a complete klutz. Perhaps he should look into doing comedy as his way to perform...they people would wave him off as the fool he appears to be.


Goblin Guild | MotFF

@ Avasir: Correct, you have found the trap, but not the trigger (however, you have eliminated a number of possibilities). That would not preclude you from attempting to trigger the trap remotely somehow.

Even after an exhaustive search, the team cannot determine an obvious way to disarm (or trigger) the trap on the southern. Selfi also hears a slight dripping sound from the space beyond the northern door. After studying each portal in depth, the elven wizard's arcane sight reveal no auras on either portal.

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/11/16 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

"Hm. Well there's definitely a trap here, but what kind is hard to say. I can really only see one way through it. Someone want to do the honors?"

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage

"Ok everyone, stand back. I may need healing after this and I will need at least one of you awake." he says with all seriousness.

Hob waits for everyone to get out of the room, just in case, and then he steps to the side of the trap, trying to avoid it if possible. He then sets his jaw and opens the nearby door. Brother, I'm not ready to run with you again just yet. I have others to protect and more still to do. Be patient. My time will come soon enough.

Ok it is starting to get muddied with southern door, northern door, etc... as we start to collect open rooms. How about you put a name(or number/letter, just some designation) to the rooms. I am naming the room on this level that we came in first as the landing room and when I refer to the doors there I will say the landing room's southern door, or the landing room's northern door(I don't want to say the dripping door, lol, in case there are more dripping doors, which sounds hilarious.). In this room, I can only call it the trap room for now, but I expect we have some other name. Thanks for the future.


Goblin Guild | MotFF
Hob wrote:
and then he steps to the side of the trap

GM:
Trap: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 for Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Hob is stunned as a javelin flies past. He realizes anyone standing in front of the door would certainly have been impaled by the weapon.

Looking into the room beyond Hob can see racks for weapons lining the walls of this chamber; above the racks hang various shields, pieces of armor, weapons, and standards on display. Most of the racks are empty, but a few weapons remain in place. A horrible stench fills the room as well, akin to the smell of rotten eggs mixed with the reek of an open sewer.

I have numbered the doors to clarify as the rooms on this floor can be identified by compass direction.

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage

"Come on over! The trap is sprung. Let's continue." he calls back to his group before stepping into the room.

"Damn but this place reeks!"

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather
Selfi Appleblossom wrote:

Selfi moves to the other door and looks it over.

[perception = 22]

She listens to it. If it seems safe. Takes 10 for 17.

Anything?

Selfi sighs aloud and prays to the Gods of the Deep Forest for patience. She moves back into the other room and regards Hob critically.

"Cot-On-Leaf, I thought that the halfling people were renown for their subtle ways. Are you perhaps a young dwarf with a foot condition? It is difficult enough to hear without you crying out like a wounded axe-beak, and even more difficult to proceed quietly."

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

Avasir follows them into the new room and snickers to himself at Selfi's comment about Hob.

"I don't suppose any special weapons would have been left behind, but just in case..."

Casts detect magic on each rack of weapons in turn

He also scans the room for any non-magical details of note.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Goblin Guild | MotFF

As the three of you enter the room, the smell worsens to the point where it threatens to overwhelm you. You soon see the source of the stench. Two reptilian creatures hiding near the weapon racks are spotted as the stand. They each hurl a javelin similar to the one in the trap.

Need a save from Avasir, Hob and Selfi {DC 11 Fort or sickened}

Nature DC 11:
These are troglodytes.

Nature DC 16:
They look younger than traditional troglodyte warriors.

GM:

Perception
Avasir: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Hob: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Selfi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Initiative
Arindel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Avasir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Dolgarth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Hob: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Iladora: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Selfi: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
T: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Surprise round Bold may act (after the DC 11 Fort save)

Selfi Fort save
Dolgarth
Arindel
Hob Fort save
Avasir Fort save
smelly reptiles
Iladora

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage
Hob Cottonleaf wrote:

"Come on over! The trap is sprung. Let's continue." he calls back to his group before stepping into the room.

"Damn but this place reeks!"

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

I take it you missed my perception roll of 21. I rolled it myself as I went in the room, figuring anyone going into a strange room should look around first(I even have light on my blade currently). I noticed you rolled again for me in your post so I figure you didn't see my roll.

fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather
Hob Cottonleaf wrote:
I take it you missed my perception roll of 21. I rolled it myself....

Likewise at door #2.

fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

"And look there's young troglodyes, or as we call them in my tribe young-smelly-lizard-people-who-eat-other-people-and-live-deep-underground. There is no good translation." All of this seems to make Selfi very angry. She darts at the southern-most trailing her huge sword behind her. It sparks along the floor. She hauls it up and brings it down!

"HE-YAY!"

zweihander v red (charge, power attack, rage): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20 damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 5) + 9 = 16


Goblin Guild | MotFF

One of the troglodytes goes down to the barbarian's enraged onslaught! Her sword crashes through collar bone, ribs and pelvis before taking a chunk out of the floor.

@Hob, yep, missed your roll. You may act during the surprise round as well.

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage

Hob rushes toward the remaining young troglodyte, drawing his rapier as he goes. With a quick thrust...

rapier+charge: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10
Crit damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

...his blade sinks into the creature, but it misses anything vital.

Charge for +2 to hit, but -2 to AC till Hob's next turn.


Goblin Guild | MotFF
Hob wrote:
Hob rushes toward the remaining young troglodyte, drawing his rapier as he goes.

From page 198 of the Core Rulebook: "If you are able to take only a standard action on your turn, you can still charge, but you are only allowed to move up to your speed (instead of up to double your speed) and you cannot draw a weapon unless you possess the Quick Draw feat. You can’t use this option unless you are restricted to taking only a standard action on your turn." {Emphasis mine} I think this applies to this situation, but I am open to reading other surprise round rules if you have them.

Weapon Drawn BEFORE entering room (odd): 1d2 ⇒ 1

Hob sprints up and buries his blade deep in the troglodyte's chest. The halfling withdraws his blade, seeing it covered in blood. With an audible rasp rumbling from an injured lung, the young reptile stabs at the tiny paladin. Hob deftly knocks the weapon aside.

GM Screen:
javelin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 for damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Surprise round (cont) Bold may act (after the DC 11 Fort save)

Selfi
Dolgarth
Arindel
Hob
Avasir Fort save
smelly reptiles
Iladora

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

Fortitude: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Avasir, surprised but alert takes a 5ft step back, draws his dagger and throws it at the remaining troglodyte across from him. After the strike it returns immediately to his hand.

Throw dagger, hand of the apprentice: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Dagger damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Additional damage if confirmed: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Lamest. Crit. Evar.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

Must've been a crit on the pinky toe. No matter how savage a hit, only so much damage you can do.


Goblin Guild | MotFF

Avasir, this is the surprise round, so you may take a single move action OR a standard action.

Avasir wrote:
... draws his dagger and throws it at the remaining troglodyte across from him. ...

Hand of the Apprentice: You cause your melee weapon to fly from your grasp and strike a foe before instantly returning to you.

Weapon Drawn BEFORE entering room (odd): 1d2 ⇒ 2

I will let you re-post your action.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

DOH, my bad.
Avasir draws his dagger in preparation to launch it across the room at the surprise foes.


Goblin Guild | MotFF

No worries Avasir.

The wizard draws his dagger, planning to call on arcane energies to hurl it at the troglodyte.

Round 1 Bold may act (anyone entering the room will need to make the DC 11 Fort save)

Selfi
Dolgarth
Arindel
Hob
Avasir
smelly reptile
Iladora

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

Now, the attack

Avasir throws the dagger at the troglodyte across the room from himself.

Thrown dagger, hand of the apprentice: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

It immediately returns to his beckoning hand. He gets a sudden sensation of deja vu, but quickly shakes it off.

Liberty's Edge

Male Half-Elf Cleric of Cayden Cailean 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 17/10/16 | CMD | F +5, R +0, W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments, +2 vs. charms/compulsions) | Init +0 | Perc. +5 (low-light), Sense Motive +3 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions:

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Dolgarth hurries into the room, coughing a little at the stench, but his bandana and natural hardiness protect him from the worst of it.

Double move.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather

Not waiting Selfi lunges at the other young-smelly-lizard-people-who-eat-other-people-and-live-deep-underground.

"YAY!"

zweihander v blue (power attack, rage): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 3) + 9 = 18

Silver Crusade

{CORE}Halfling Paly 1 | HP 4/13 | AC:17(20) T:14(17) FF:14(17) CMD: 14(17) | F+5* R+4* W+3*( +2 vs. fear )| Init +3 | Perc +1|SM-1 |Smite Evil 0/1| Beneficent touch 1/1 |Conditions: 2 STR dmg | Effects none: inspire courage

The wind from Selfi's powerful blade swing practically knocks Hob over, but somehow he retains his footing. Keeping out of the way of Avasir and his dagger, he thrusts his rapier once again at the foul smelling trog.

Have at thee!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Male Half -Elf bard 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 15(T 13, FF 12) | CMD: 14/11FF | F:+1 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none|Bard Song 6/6

Arindel takes the next several moments to move behind the creature.
fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Goblin Guild | MotFF

Hob's blade scrapes through the loose fitting armor, finishing off the threat.

COMBAT OVER!!

Here is the room description in case you have forgotten.

Racks for weapons line the walls of this chamber; above the racks hang various shields, pieces of armor, weapons, and standards on display. Most of the racks are empty, but a few weapons remain in place. A horrible stench fills the room as well, akin to the smell of rotten eggs mixed with the reek of an open sewer.

Arindel (and anyone else failing their save) has the Sickened condition for ten (10) rounds.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

Avasir collects himself after a moment of focusing on the dead troglodyte. He returns to scanning the weapon racks in the off chance something valuable was left behind.

Cast detect magic, at each weapon rack in turn...


Goblin Guild | MotFF

The elf's arcane vision reveals no secrets hiding among the racks of weapons.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

Okay, door #4..

"How about this door to the center of the tower?"

Check for traps

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Silver Crusade

Female Human Ranger 1 | AC: 17/11/16 | HP: 13/13 | Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Aw, I never even got a turn heh.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Iladora brings her axe to hear against the creatures, but to her surprise the others all spring into action and before she can do anything the large reptiles are dead. "Huh. Well okay then." The stench she shrugs off, however-- she's used to far more potent smells than this.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

-Posted with Wayfinder

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Barbarian 1 | hp 14 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +4 R +3 W +1 (+2 v enchant.) | Spd 40' | Init +7 | KnNat +3, Perc +7, SensM +2 | Rage 1/6 | mwk studded leather

"And to think, I thought they smelled bad on the outside."

Selfi inspects and listens to the doors while she waits for the adenine to drain from her and for others to recover from the stench in the air.

Inspect door 5 for obvious traps: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
take 10 to listen at door 5: 10 + 7 = 17

Inspect door 4 for obvious traps: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
take 10 to listen at door 4: 10 + 7 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Male Half -Elf bard 1 | HP: 10/10 | AC: 15(T 13, FF 12) | CMD: 14/11FF | F:+1 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per:+9 | Speed 30' | Conditions: none|Bard Song 6/6

Arindel staggers out of the room to save his friends the benefit of seeing him throw up. For the next 10 rounds


Goblin Guild | MotFF

As Arindel excuses himself to regain his composure, Selfi investigates the doors. She does not find evidence of any traps on either of the doors. While the central door #4 is completely silent, the barbarian believe she hears sloshing sounds on the other side of the Northern door #5.

Further inspection shows that most of the few remaining arms in the room have rusted away, making them useless in combat.

Appraise DC 20:
Among the inventory, you notice a masterwork silver dagger, a masterwork light steel shield emblazoned with a leaping dolphin, and a banner depicting a bird made of living flame.

If anyone made the Appraise, everyone may make a Know, Local DC 20:
You recognize the banner as belonging to the Band of the Phoenix, one of Absalom’s most famous hunting lodges during the Age of Blades. The banner is worth 100 gp but might be worth much more to a historian or collector (such as Pathfinder Society).

Dark Archive

Male Elf Wizard 1 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 6/6 | Fort+0, Ref+3, Will+2 (+2 vs. enchantment) | CMB+0, CMD 13 | Init+3 | Perc+5, low-light | Sense Motive+3 | Speed 30' | Hand of the apprentice 7/7 | Bonded object spell cast 1/1 | Conditions: none

Avasir takes one last glance at the racks, but doesn't pay heed to enough detail to gleen anything of import.

Appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Avasir turns around, and after Selfi's inspection slowly opens the door behind him.

Door #4

101 to 150 of 280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doom 'N Gloom's Gameday VI Master of the Fallen Fortress All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2018 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.