Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

Guide to Strange Aeons
Loot List
=Combat Map=


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,761 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Pinkie isn't at melee, so I'll assume he moves up and readies some kind of weapon.

As Brother Butterfly winds up to smash the punk on the shelf it pushes the jar it's hiding behind over at him! Fearing exposure to yet another gross experience, he jumps back, but in doing so leaves himself open to the second punk, which throws itself at his leg and sinks in its teeth.

Specimen Jar vs Butterfly FF AC 13: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Bite vs Butterfly FF AC 13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1 Minimum 1 nonlethal, plus make a DC 12 Fortitude save or break out in an itching rash. A creature affected by this rash takes a –2 penalty to Dexterity and Charisma for 24 hours

In response, Brother Butterfly whacks one of them good before bouncing back from the closet. Looking down, he discovers the punk that bit him is still attached to his leg by its teeth. It looks up with sagging sallow eyes and snarls!

@Fearless: you get your surprise action, then your normal initiative.

INITIATIVE
Cats (17/17)
Pinkie (16/17)
Fearless (16/16)

Pickled Punks (red -5)
Mariner (22/27) *diseased -2 Dex, -1 Con
Brother Butterfly (19/19) *diseased -2 Dex


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Round 1, Init 20

Cats (double) moves up, drawing his club.

"Gotta cat 'em with clubs, you say?"


Not having anything blunt Pinkie decides to try and scrape the thing off BBs leg

sortsword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Did Mariner miss initiative?

-Posted with Wayfinder


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling

Surprise Round

Fearless draws his crossbow as he has little other option at the moment in time.

Round 1

Fearless loads a bolt into the wooden frame and pulls the crank back, taking aim at the bald bulbous creature attached to the other bald, bulbous creature.

"When is the last time you fed them. They look hungry." Fearless jests with BB as he tries to wing the Pickled Punk.

Hand Crossbow; PBS; Melee: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 15
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


@Mariner: you are right, I missed you. I'll use your previous attack and roll damage.

Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The Mariner's polearm comes down to at the pickled Butterfly, cutting into it, but less deeply than expected.

Pinkie's sword and Fearless' bolt both stab into the creatures, but something about their undead anatomy renders their attacks harmless.

The punk on Brother Butterfly hangs on with its teeth.
1 point nonlethal damage

The other leaps off the shelf at Pinkie. Provoking an AoO.
Bite vs Pinkie vs AC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

It misses and lands on the floor at his feet, hissing at him with a mouthful of sharp little teeth.

INITIATIVE
Mariner (22/27) *diseased -2 Dex, -1 Con
Brother Butterfly (19/19 - 2 nonlethal) *diseased -2 Dex, Note: 2 Fort saves van DC 12 required against pickled punk rash!
Cats (17/17)
Pinkie (16/17)
Fearless (16/16)

Pickled Punks (red -7)


The Mariner keeps his distance and tries to slice the specimen on Pinkie with his polearm.

power attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 1 = 11
dam: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Halfling

Shaken by the grotesque pickled babies Fearless looses a small stone from the wall, hurling it at the beast attached to BB.

Telekinetic Projectile; PBS; Melee: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 13
Damage (Bludgeoning): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Round 2, Init 20

Cats tries to club at the one on Brother Butterfly.

"See cat," Cats shows his club to Brother, then uses his club on the beastie. "Now just stand still. This won't hurt a bit!"

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 to hit;
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 club damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17 (dex + leather)
HP:17/17

[ dice]1d20+5+1+2[/dice] to hit; (+bless)
[ dice]1d6+2+1d6[/dice] damage.

Scarab Sages

M Human

In answer to Fearless's jest about the Pickled Punks being related to him, he decides to go with the joke. Maybe going with the flow will change Fearless's demeanor and possibly instill some level of trust that he can later exploit.

Sounding a bit calm, which is odd considering they are in combat, Brother Butterfly flashes that sparkling smile of his - that smile he does whenever it's "showtime".
Obviously I have not fed my "little ones" in a while. I must admit that I am one of those detached fathers. The fathers that work all the time, and rarely give the emotional sustenance that their prodigy needs.
For example, I just got home and look at how this one clings to my leg.
With the other one trying desperately to gain my attention by showing me his "school project".

Lifting his mace a bit higher, he looks down at the one on his leg.
Now, Now Jasper Jr. IT'S TIME TO PUT YOU TO BED!

Father Punk swings down hard.

fort save dc 12: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
fort save dc 12: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
mace attack plus Flank: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 2 = 12
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

gm:
Feeling the effects of the "rash" , If another PC crushes the pickled Punk on my leg, I use my move action that I still have to move away from the party. Hopefully in time to get them out of range of the "rash explosion". He is sort of jumping on the grenade so the others aren't affected by the Rash. Is that possible?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Mariner swings again, but misses the ugly little Brother.

Father Punk makes cavalier jokes, but his mace fails to connect and feels an irritating itch rising up his leg from where the punk is attached. A moment later he breaks out in hives. A creature affected by this rash takes a –2 penalty to Dexterity and Charisma for 24 hours.

Cats jumps into combat and clubs the punks dangling from Brother Butterfly's leg, but it snarls and hangs on tight, even after a loose stone flies from the rubble and knocks it in the head. But then Pinkie stabs with Red Destiny and it goes limp and slides to the floor.

Red Destiny: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9

While Pinkie is distracted the other pickled punk jumps on his back and bites into his shoulder!

Bite vs Pinkie AC 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1 point nonlethal + Fort save vs DC 12 or suffer their rash (heh).

INITIATIVE
Mariner (22/27) *diseased -2 Dex, -1 Con
Brother Butterfly (19/19 - 2 nonlethal) *diseased -2 Dex, punk rash -2 Dex and Cha for 24 hrs
Cats (17/17)
Pinkie (16/17 - 1 nonlethal) Note: Fort save required vs pickled punk rash!
Fearless (16/16)

Pickled Punk *attached to Pinkie


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Round 3, Init 20

Cats moves to help Pinkie, waiting for someone to get on the other side to distract it.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 to hit;
1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (1) = 5 club damage.

Cats nearly smashes his own toe, missing by a mile.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17 (dex + leather)
HP:17/17

[ dice]1d20+5+1+2[/dice] to hit; (+bless)
[ dice]1d6+2+1d6[/dice] damage.

Scarab Sages

M Human

Feeling the itching coming on, Brother butterfly moves a bit with the dying/dead Punk sliding off his leg. Depositing the dead Punk at least 7-10 feet from any of the other companions .
That was last rounds move action.

He then moves into a good spot to try and bash the last remaining Punk.

mace Flank: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 = 10


"Try to hold still!" the Mariner tries to give a shave to Little Bro on Pinkie's back.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Halfling

Fearless is shocked into silence as the Shapeshifter admits into birthing such vile creatures. He shudders and cringes at the thought as he whips the stone around once again,this time near Pinkie.

Telekinetic Projectile; PBS; Melee: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 7

Pinkie is too far into the corner and Fearless isn't able to get the rock in close enough without injuring Pinkie.


The pickled punk clings to Pinkie despite weapons smashing, stabbing, and slashing all about. A rash spreading up his neck, Pinkie spins about, stabbing futilely over his shoulder.

Pinkie Fort vs rash: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Red Destiny: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 2 = 5

Meanwhile, the lone punk continues to gnaw on Pinkie's shoulder.

1 nonlethal to Pinkie

INITIATIVE
Mariner (22/27) *diseased -2 Dex, -1 Con
Brother Butterfly (19/19 - 2 nonlethal) *diseased -2 Dex, punk rash -2 Dex/Cha for 24 hours
Cats (17/17)
Pinkie (16/17 - 2 nonlethal) punk rash -2 Dex/Cha for 24 hours
Fearless (16/16)

Pickled Punk

Scarab Sages

M Human

seeing how quickly the rash is spreading on Pinkie, who is probably half BB's height and weight, he is almost cross eyes at how bad the double dose rash he must have.

Very tempted to put down the Mace to scratch and itch and grab the mirror from his pack, and with a quick over arching swing - he does just that! Using the weight of the mace to carry extra velocity, he brings it around on the RashMaker Mutant.
mace flank: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 = 19
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

connecting with some force, he drops his mace and then starts scratching himself. rubbing his body against the side wall to cover as much area. Moving his backpack off his shoulders and looking for his mirror.
Oooohhh. This rash itches like crazy.


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Round 3, Init 20

Cats tries again to help Pinkie.

1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13 to hit;
1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (5) = 10 club damage.

Cats Stats:

AC: 17 (dex + leather)
HP:17/17

[ dice]1d20+5+1+2[/dice] to hit; (+bless)
[ dice]1d6+2+1d6[/dice] damage.


Brother Butterfly gets in a lucky shot with his mace, setting up Cats to bat the ugly punk into the air. It bounces once off the big wooden table then settles into the rubble on the far side of the room.

Combat Over

Searching the room and the shrine, you find six flasks of alchemist fire stowed in Doctor Chawaar's coat pockets. The nest he sits on is made from a pile of eight lab coats.

Status
Cats (17/17)
Fearless (16/16)
Mariner (22/27) *diseased -2 Dex, -1 Con
Brother Butterfly (19/19 - 2 nonlethal) *diseased -2 Dex, punk rash -2 Dex/Cha for 24 hours
Pinkie (16/17 - 2 nonlethal) punk rash -2 Dex/Cha for 24 hours


I posted last night, attacking the Pinkie punk, looks like the server swallowed it.

"HOLD STILL -ALL OF YOU!" the Mariner yells at Pinkie as he jabs at the punk.

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
dam: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Scarab Sages

M Human

I'll post a longer reply in a bit, but let me use a Channel Energy on everyone to get us all to full health.

In between scratches, BB grabs his forearm and grits his teeth.
channel energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Halfling

Fearless passes the alchemist's fire's around to each person. "Everyone take one of these in case we run into more rats."

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Aladgrim uses the hem of his tattered robes to rub at BB and Pinkie's rash.

"Looks like your kids ether gave you Hand, Foot, mouth or shingles. You lot have your vaccinations?" Stepping back he wipes his hands off on the hems of some rags, not wanting to waste any water as every drop is required for thirst and cooking food. "We should isolate them until they get better."


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

"Geez, look at the mess it made on my club," Cats says, looking for something to wipe the ooze away. "Oh man, those were catting ugly." Cats finally recovers enough to do a quick search on the room while others deal with boo-boos and bites.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Perception

* * *

"Say, time to go over to that other door by the bloody cat?" Cats asks.

He will swing by the barricade to the under-asylum to make sure it's still closed as he moves over.


Male Halfling
Fearless wrote:
"Say, time to go over to that other door by the bloody cat?"

As Adalgrim walks with Cats towards the River of Blood and tries to talk some reason into his catting brain.

"We need to isolate them. They have a contagious disease. We could all get it."


After a little holy triage, the Watchmen head back to the Dayroom, checking the barricade on route. Seeing it undisturbed, they continue to a door in the Dayroom once concealed behind the wall of blood created by Mrs Freeling's haunt. Inside they find racks of cleaning supplies and bins of stained laundry, filling the close space with a unique, acrid reek. Sitting propped against one wall, a club still clutched in a death grip, is the lean female orderly Hobes. She appears to have bled to death from numerous stab wounds.

It seems Hobes equipped herself well during the riots, as she wears studded leather armor and an unusual cloak embroidered with a strange symbol.

Cloak - Spellcraft DC 20:
A cloak of resistance +1

Status
Cats (17/17)
Fearless (16/16)
Mariner (26/27) *diseased -2 Dex, -1 Con
Brother Butterfly (19/19) *diseased -2 Dex, rash -2 Dex/Cha for 24 hours
Pinkie (17/17) *rash -2 Dex/Cha for 24 hours

Scarab Sages

M Human

Back at the Brine and Jars room where Dr. Chawaar's remains are.

Brother Butterfly takes his Alchemist Fire bottle.
All the while he is still leaning against part of the wall using it as leverage. Rubbing up and down it, making his armor help scrap some of the itchy rash that he is afflicted with.
In a defeatist tone that is slightly above a whisper he talks.
Not really looking at anybody he could be talking to himself, or to Desna, or to everybody.

Why me? Why does it always happen to me? While I'm scratching this nasty Mutant Rash, I can't think of one pungent thing that hasn't smacked me in the face.
he starts to list them off
I had books thrown at me by hybridrats.
I've been swarmed by rats --and got this nasty disease because of it.
I've been dumped and pushed through a Crimson Tide, which I still have bits and pieces of it embedded in my armor and nice boots.
I mean I've even been covered from head to toe with soot. Soot from those chimney pipes.
When does this sort of unclean filth ever end? If it was possible, this island would make me fall into quicksand. So I can add sand to the other crap collecting around my perineum (chode).

I just want to clean. I need a bath!
I need a hot bath.

His diatribe seems to have run out of steam. He even says so.
I have run out of steam.

He walks with the others to the Day Room and Mrs. Freeling's Haunt. Watches them open the door to a closet type room.

He takes a pause. Then like answering a quiz long after the contest is over. His face lights up like an Everflame Torch.

Steam.... Chimneypipes....Broiler Room.

Does anyone have a helm? I need to hide my gross face as I go near the Sanctuary Survivors

gm:
GM - When we climbed up the furnace pipes. Where did they lead? Is there a way to activate them? What skill do I need or does another PC need to understand how to operate a furnace? Also, is there a way back down to the Prison Cell/ Doppleganger area?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Butterfly:
The furnace in the boiler room can be relit without any special skill, it just takes time. Once lit it would provide hot water into the laundry room and probably elsewhere in the asylum.
There are two ways back into the dungeon - back down through the furnace or down the chute in the storage room (which drops into a pile of bodies).

Scarab Sages

M Human

Hey guys, I know you want to check out more of this insane - insane asylum island, but I'm a bowstring that is taught and about to break.

Can we take a brief pause? If I can ask a favor of Pinkie or Fearless or really anyone to go back down to the dungeon area where we climbed up that furnace. I have a feeling that with some kindling and flint and tinder -- we can get that box of metal cooking again.

A bath, a hot warm bath.... and maybe some of these cleaning products.
BB reaches for anything that looks like it's a detergent or helper.
That can really work to take some tension out of my bowstring - if you understand me.

Also, can someone take these carved army figurines to that little boy in the Sanctuary? I am hideous and don't want to show my face. But the boy should have his toys.

BB hands the figures to anyone who wants to talk with Drelin.


The Mariner points at Pinkie for the toys Brother is offering, "He's good with that sorta thing. It'll be comforting to cheer a kid us, that maybe cheer the others up too."

He thanks Fearless for the vial and ties it by the leather lanyard around his neck, making a sort of quick grab bomb. "At least your rash doesn't have rat fur growing out of it." the Mariner pulls aside his tunic to reveal the patch of rabies. "I'm with that bath idea, we need to cleanse these wounds or they'll get us all killed." He nods for Brother to lead on to the boiler.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Cats stops in place, looking catfused.

"Huh? What? You want to go back!? What about the catting door?" Cats seems perplexed by the change of direction, regardless of whatever feckful disease is coursing through their veins. "You think a bath is going to cure *that*?"

Cats shrugs, taking another look at the barricaded door, then follows the team to the furnace room where he will be mostly useless. He can lift and hold things, but doesn't feel like he has much mechanical skill at all.

Cats will take the offered military figurines to the boy.

Scarab Sages

M Human
cats wrote:
"You think a bath is going to cure *that*?"

While walking back towards the Boiler Room, BB replies

Are you kidding me Kast? A terrific bath is better than sex.

taking a pause to reflect on his memories of good baths and of sex. Making note that no one in the party has had either since arriving at Briarstone.
Well, I *think* that's the case. As I don't have much in the way of memories.


Pinkie doesn't seem to care which way the group settles on just willing to follow along at the moment.

"I don't mine either way but can we swing back by the courtyard I think we forgot something there. Kate says nobody picked up the Twins dagger and we could use it."

back now guys thanks for boting me


Male Halfling

Spellcraft on Cloak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Fearless holds the cloak up for the others to see. "Another cloak to help shield your body and mind from the horrors in this place."

Cloak of Resistance +1

"Going to waste all that cooking water on a luxury? No wonder all that bad stuff is happening to you. Desna seems to be testing your decision making skills and you keep failing, hence the bad stuff." Fearless shrugs. "I don't know a lot bout Gods Shapeshifter but just making observations from what I see."

He walks a ways to his bunk to rest as he smiles, hoping to get in BB's head a bit. As he lies in his bunk he reflects on the River of Blood and how to actually get the furnace running for some warm water for cooking. He can use this to his own power as he doesn't quite yet trust the rest yet. In his mind he traces the pipes and engineering as best as he can remember.

As morning comes he wakes up an hour before everyone else and walks back to the boiler room to tinker around a bit.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human

Brother Butterfly rejoices with the warm bathwater. Getting things prepped is the most everyone (except Cats) has seen him work to date. Checking the pipes to see that they are unobstructed, going into the laundry room and spending more time clearing and cleaning the area. Scrubbing and really putting in the elbow grease to get a big basin and table spic and span clean.
Hours are spent getting himself and all his stuff clean. He takes a LONG bath making certain to shave every inch- except his curled mustache. Using Desna’s blessings to create lots of water to be heated.
Getting his armor unbuckled and purging the day’s adventure off is just the start. He even buffs and polishes his splint mail and mace.
When ready, he puts his armor on – including a helm to cover his blotchy face from the rest.

He is ready to venture out exploring once again…. Only realizing that it’s late – almost near the crest of night - because he sees people sound asleep in the Sanctuary.

He chuckles a bit to himself, as he takes another 45 minutes to draw a picture of a zombified looking Father Punk. The mutoid Brother Butterfly leading a quartet of Pickled Punks as they find their prey. The last Pickled Punk physically being carried on the back of the third as it is still mostly in it’s specimen jar. Submerged in the glass, with only it’s bulbous head sticking out.
The five Punks are chasing a humanoid looking victim….. with characteristics similar to Fearless.
He signs his art with "To my friend Fearless, Brother Butterfly."
He laughs as he places his art near Fearless’s pack.


Pinkie watches Brother Butterfly preparing things to be clean for a while before making his rounds checking in on everyone in the "safe" area they have. After a while he settles into his corner and plays with his new marble watching everyone and making mental notes on anything he finds odd still not quite trusting most.

Once his eyes fall on Campre watching the man though trying not to be obvious about it looking to see if the man has come up with any new items he didn't have before besides the dagger he has tucked into his belt and where has hiding them. All the while having a quiet conversation with his unseen comapanions

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

GM:
once everyone is settled down for the night Pinkie will see if he can sneak over and get a closer look at the things Camper has found if caught he will feign looking for his marble
stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
slight of hand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 if needed

minuses already taken into account


The Mariner towels himself off, he looks grimly at the drawing, then at the others, failing to see the obvious humor. The hot water did feel good. Even if it didn't cleanse the disease, it refreshed his spirit, which surprised him even though doesn't admit it. "Pretty sick Butters. I think you need another dowsing."

"Everyone ready?" the Mariner straps on his weapons.

Back to the curtains

-Posted with Wayfinder


On the way back to the Chapel Pinkie redirects the group south through the common ward to the garden path where the Twin was taken. There among the wilted flowers he recovers the magical dagger from where it fell during the attack.

+1 dagger

Returning to the Chapel the guards take one look at Pinkie's face, bearing the rash he got from the pickled punks, and hold up the Watchmen until a good explanation is given and Lady Winter makes an examination to make sure that it isn't a threat to public health. Eventually the Watchmen are allowed inside.

Cats seeks out the young patient Brenton to return his toy and finds him sitting in the Chaplain's Office. Having lost interest in folding paper, he sits by himself in a dim corner, solemnly turning his shadow lantern and watching the silhouettes it casts upon the wall. Upon seeing the carved knights, he looks up in dismay. "Did... did you find my brother? Did you find Debis?"

***

Meanwhile, Fearless and the Mariner make the descent into the dungeon on behalf of Brother Butterfly where they hack up the torture table, chest, and a few other pieces of furniture for fuel to relight the furnace. The process takes hours, and hours more to reheat enough water for a warm bath, but that time is well spent by Brother Butterfly in cleaning and preparing the laundry room for use. By the end of the day fresh warm baths are available to any that desire them.

***

That night Pinkie slips over to Campre and goes through his ill-gotten gains. He finds a pouch with a handful of various coins and some cheap jewelry (worth about 35gp), a couple vials of alchemist fire, a few tindertwigs, a lamp with oil, a crowbar, a set of manacles, and a tarnished silver locket with a small engraving inside that reads "To my one true love. -Jemas."

***

The night passes without trouble...

Lady Winter Heal check for disease on Butterfly: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 No bonus
Lady Winter Heal check for disease on Mariner: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 +4 bonus to save vs disease
Note: Butterfly, you can attempt a heal check to test yourself.

The Mariner and Brother Butterfly need to make Fort saves vs disease for filth fever. I'm giving a +2 bonus for warm clean water supply, and the Mariner gets an additional +4 for Lady Winter's heal check. (Total Butterfly +2, Mariner +6).

Butterfly - if save failed take 1d3 ⇒ 3 Dex and 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage.
Mariner - if save failed take 1d3 ⇒ 3 Dex and 1d3 ⇒ 2 Con damage.


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3
Crestfallen boy whose brother is missing but that search is on hold because someone needs a bath wrote:
"Did...did you find my brother? Did you find Debis?"

Cats smiles, having forgotten anything about the boy if he ever knew it. "Uh, no, uh...we're still looking. Is...is your brother missing? Uh..." Cats seems really confused. "Remind me again what he catted like?"

How old is the boy?


Brenton appears around 16. He's one of the youngest patients in Briarstone.

Brenton's shoulders sag. "We were separated in the riot. Someone hit me very hard and I woke up here in the Chapel. Denman had carried me." Rubbing his eyes, the boy continues with a description of his brother Debis. "We look similar - Campre was always mixing us up. He's a year younger then I am, and he has lighter hair."

Scarab Sages

M Human

Part of Brother Butterfly's ritual of cleaning involved applying some makeshift salves to his angry skin patches. Heal skill

Winter notices BB and goes over to try and help, but Brother Butterfly explains how he is hideous and that he just wants to be alone at the moment (thus thwarting her ability to heal).

Heal check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Fort Save Con Warm Water and Heal success: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 + 4 = 16


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling

In the morning Adalgrim finds the painting next to his bed. Grabbing it by the edges he picks it up and inspects it. His face turns to one of shock as the horrifying picture plays out. One by one he looks to his 'companions'.

Who can I go to about this. None of them. They all trust the Shapeshifter.

He looks down at the large demonspawn's children chasing after him and frowns.

Is the Shapeshifter telling me to be careful or he will send more after me?

He glares across the room for any sign.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Yup, He is sending me a warning.

Fearless gathers his bag as his mind shields itself for the day from oncoming dangers as they were closer than he thought.

Mage Armor.

He tucks the painting underneath his bed and moves out as he ear hustles Cats speaking with the young boy.

Still looking! Missing! He gulps. I knew it they are looking for something. Once they stop needing me I will be 'missing' as well.

He quickly heads for the door eager to go as his mind races. I need a plan. I need to stay one step ahead or they will end me.


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Cats will eat more of his dwindling rations in the morning. Also, now that he's eaten, he has room to take the Cloak +1 if no one else wants it.

In the morning when the party is together...

"So...apparently, there is a missing boy out there by the name Debis. His brother asked us to find him. Actually, he kind of assumed we were looking for him, but we should probably keep an cat out for him," Cats makes sure all can hear. "Maybe he's downstairs, but maybe also he's beyond the green bloody door. I dunno. But let's go cat him."

Cats describes the missing lad as best he can, but knows that the boy is probably as dead as Fearless' sanity.

When the party is ready, Cats will swing by both barricades to make sure they are sealed and closed and then go to the bloody/wave/door.

Scarab Sages

M Human

Brother Butterfly wakens and gets himself ready. Putting on the helm before all other clothing so as to hide his blotchy face. Hew knows that the worst of it will subside in about 10 - 12 more hours, he just needs to keep occupied.

Hearing that there's a missing boy, Brother Butterfly is attentive and remarks We will explore and do our best to find him. My morning prayers will be for the safe return of Debis.

He also inspects The Mariner and uses the wand of Lesser Restoration if there is need. He thinks that with the good rest we all had, that The Mariner might not need it, but uses it if prudent.

When the party gets to the door, he uses the wand of bless right before it is opened and they enter.

I have moved my character and taken off a Bless charge


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

As aforementioned, Cats will check the barricades on his way over. In addition, he'll peek through the window (?) near where his avatar is.

He looks dashing in his new cloak, totally.


Fort: 1d20 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 6 = 19

Old man's blood seems to have enough vitality left in the Mariner, that the furry rat wound had closed to a healthy pink scar by morning.

Once back at the unexplored area, the Mariner takes the lead, opening the double doors when the others are ready.

Perception...yep: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Making their way back through the asylum, Cats takes a couple detours to check barricades and finds them all undisturbed.

Returning to the Dayroom, Cats moves to look through the window, finding a small small nurse's station on the other side. A low desk sits behind the window that passes into a room beyond. Behind it an empty doorframe opens into a ransacked storage room, its floor covered in broken glass and opalescent stains.

The window to the nurses station can climbed through with a move action.

Meanwhile, the Mariner opens the northern doors and finds something unnatural. Light from the Dayroom ends abruptly at the threshhold, and a void of darkness fills the area beyond. From somewhere in the darkness comes small sad sobs.

Status
Cats (17/17)
Fearless (16/16) *mage armor
Mariner (27/27) *diseased -2 Dex, -1 Con (1 save)
Brother Butterfly (19/19) *diseased -2 Dex, (1 save), rash -2Dex/Cha for 10 hours
Pinkie (17/17) *rash -2 Dex/Cha for 10 hours

Note: it requires 2 consecutive saves to recover from filth fever.


Male Halfling

As Fearless waits for the group he sifts through all of the unclaimed magical items that the group has acquired.

Magical Pearl (BB) DC 32; Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + (1) = 11
Potion (Fearless) DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Potion (Mariner) DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Potion of CLW
Potion (Pinkie) DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Potion of CLW
Potion (Cats) DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Potion of CLW
Candle (Party) DC 26; Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 7 + (3) = 23
Small Tin w/ Incense (Party) DC 24: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Incense of Open Thoughts
Talisman on Braided Leather Cord (Party) DC 22: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Maximo Talisman (Party) DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Potion (Potion Tab) DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Potion of CLW

While most still stays unknown Adalgrim is able to identify quite a few of the potions and the tin of incense. "These potions will come in handy. And the smoke from this will allow you to speak with any willing thing telepathically that wishes to speak."

Seeing the others prepared to go Fearless grabs the pack and shoves the rest back into the bag.

Standing before the room filled with darkness and choked sobs he sighs. "Shut that door. We don't need none of that." Fearless shakes his head at Mariner. "That there is the stuff that will give you nightmares."


Seeing the darkness and hearing the sobs, the Mariner shuts the door as quickly as he opened it, even before hearing Fearless. "Umm I think you's right." with a little terror in his eyes.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

M Human

Seeing the supernatural darkness, BB is not immediately daunted.
Hold a moment, Maybe Desna can offer a solution.
Placing his right tattood forearm vertically and towards the middle of his chest he clasps the symbol of Desna with his left hand.

Light of the world.
You separate the darkness.
Open my eyes and let me truly see.

Cast light into the room.

Someone put one of those glow sticks into the room, and let us see the source of those sobs.


Brother Butterfly's light spell is swallowed by the darkness, having no effect on it at all.

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,761 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.