Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Maslen's Second Darkness PF Conversion (Inactive)

Game Master Pathfinder Maslen

The third largest city in Varisia, Riddleport is also the most notorious. It is here that the machinations of an ancient race, once again boil up out of the Darklands and into the light. The sinister plots of the subterranean underwriters manifest!


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,500 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Male Elf Bard/2 (AC16/13/13, HP 14, Conditions: Nil)

Iscarel fumbles at his belt for a healing potion, downing it, spitting out a few drops of the putrid liquid as he tears the spike out of his foot. He touches a finger to his brow and points down the alleyway to the north. "More of them. Southward, go! Damn that pumpsucker! Larur can wait til dusk, we should not have come here under broad daylight!" he hisses, loudly, glancing over his shoulder. "Go! I will follow!" he says, checking his longsword in his sheath. It may be the first time you've seen him draw it.

Move Action: Draw potion, which I can't do as part of movement unless it's worn outside my belt pouch, correct? I'll have to remedy that in the downtime.
Standard Action: Chuck potion, 1pt. of magical healing removes my movement penalty, I'm on full hp and ready to withdraw, folks.


Male Human DM/32

Marcus' Initiative

Marcus View Rnd7


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria is visibly relieved when Marcus orders their retreat. She will try to stay as close to him as possible, trying to keep up with the rest of the group.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Back the way we came, Run, Now!

His entanglement finally thrown off Marcus sweeps up Ascaria in his wake and runs/pulls her along. He same route Andrezi took.

Apollo having had his prey fall dead, bounds along after his master, barking happily.


Male Human DM/32

Round 8 Commences

All of a sudden who ever is near breaks from their attempted stealthy approach and foot falls are heard falling everywhere and calls between the men are short and blunt.

Initiative Order:

20 Gang
18 Ethaniel
17 Tam
10 Andrezi
10 Tippy
8 Iscarel
8 Ascaria
8 Marcus

Ethaniel's Initiative

You hear lots of foot falls and short barking shouts come bouncing from between surrounding buildings. You see down the far end of the alley, two young gang members come running back out into view and you hear yells coming from alleys adjacent to you.

Most of the party have began to make a break for it but Iscarel seems completely vulnerable at this point. Tam looks to you for action.

Ethaniel's View Rnd8


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Ethaniel gestures urgently at Iscarel, then moves to follow Marcus.

Ethaniel will double-move to AA18.


Male Human DM/32

Tam's Initiative.

Just use Ethaniel's View above


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam casts his gaze down the street, calmly watching Iscarel. Tam holds his position until he is sure the Bard makes good his flight from the young thugs closing in. Once the elf moves and is no longer in immediate danger Tam Dashes into a sprint for Ascaria's flank, weapons ready to defend - covering everyone's retreat if possible.

Readying Action: {When Iscarel Moves} Sprint x4 to ( AE 15 )


Male Human DM/32

Having got himself to a half decent distance and unwilling to leave his companions to fend for themselves, Andrezi ducks back and takes the light crossbow and bolts from the dead ambusher Tippy dispatched.

"Give me a second and I will cover you. Keep moving."

Tippy's initiative

Tippy's View Rnd8


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy, not wanting to rush blindly into another ambush, makes his way at AS12 and peers around the corner.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel's Initiative

Your situation appears dire as numerous foes head your way, weapons in hand. You look around and see Tam watching you, unmoving, waiting for you to act.

Iscarel's View Rnd8


Male Elf Bard/2 (AC16/13/13, HP 14, Conditions: Nil)

Can I make a run action to AG 11? I'm having a little trouble making out the grid so I don't know if I'd be crossing any difficult terrain. If a run action is impossible, Iscarel will take a double move to AB 17, nodding at Tam as he ducks into cover with the others.


Male Human DM/32

The only run action available is over toward AC 4 area Iscarel. W20 & W21 are DT squares and the building corner near Ethaniel intervenes with that path too.


Male Elf Bard/2 (AC16/13/13, HP 14, Conditions: Nil)

I will run to AC 4 then, putting as much distance between myself and our pursuers as possible. I can link back up with you lot with my next action. Cheers Waife!


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel makes a mad dash to avoid those gang members who are very near. Tam seeing Iscarel make a his defensive dash makes his move too and closes in on Ascaria's flank.

Ascaria's Initiative

Ascaria's View Rnd8


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria continues to move quickly away from the ambush site.

Marcus' Initiative

Iscarel thankfully healed and mobile again makes a dash for it, covering as much ground as he can. The two gang members down the alley way are watching your escape and then they look back northward, the way they had just come from seemingly excited about something.

Marcus View Rnd8


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

Marcus merely double moves to AN9 next to Andrezi, continuing to cover everyone's movement.

Keep going. Once we are clear, break into a run.


Male Human DM/32

Round 9 commences

Gang members begin pouring out of alleyways.

A large voice booms out, "Hobble them and bring them to me you whelps."

With weapons in hand, those that are now in view are unable to attack having made a rush to get nearer.

Initiative Order:

20 Gang
18 Ethaniel
17 Other
10 Andrezi
10 Tippy
8 Iscarel
8 Tam
8 Ascaria
8 Marcus

Ethaniel's Initiative:
Perception Check please.
Ethaniel's View Rnd9


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Perception - 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

As he flees, Ethaniel manages a wayward glance towards Iscarel. I should not care fore one such as he, yet I would he were with us...

Ethaniel runs to AN11.


Male Human DM/32

Sry Ethaniel, those green squares with triangles in the bottom right corners are DT squares. Therefore you are unable to Run through them. I will just double move you too AJ11


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi lets a bolt fly from his newly acquired and readied crossbow.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Yet the bolt flies and has no affect other than a threat of violence as it thuds home into the building behind the pursuing gang members.


Male Human DM/32

Tippy's Initiative

Tippy's View Rnd9

Followed by:

Iscarel's Initiative

The parties situation is about to turn dire, seeing the sheer number of gang members and that the boss was here as well calling the shots, this would definitely be a more organized and affective assault.

Iscarel's View Rnd9


AC 19/15/15; HP 5/16; Current Effects: None

Tippy runs due south 80 feet, since it seems clear from here.


Male Elf Bard/2 (AC16/13/13, HP 14, Conditions: Nil)

Iscarel too will make a run action, moving 120ft. southward. (3 squares off the map as drawn). "Aa' i'sul nora lanne'lle, melloneamin! Iire entuluva!" he yells, already taking flight, seemingly lighter on his feet than ever. He grips his dagger to his breast and then kisses is, whispering a harsh oath."...ar Sen'gurth amin ve'laar anast'nier."

Elvish:
Wind fill your sails, my friends! We shall return! ... and their deaths shall be as the stings of a thousand wasps.


Male Human DM/32

Tam's Initiative

As planned, you are now bringing up the rear of the party.

Tam:
Let me lend you my power meekling! Your situation is dire.

Tam's View Rnd9


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Tam pauses but just a moment waiting for all his companions to flee...

Replying to Iscarel, "Cynyn fa ameanir aey ilcc. Etyal Meilwla, Laanilmla ilfeela, illw Wmailsla eo omaawes!"

Golarian Elvish:
"Luck be with you all. Open Roads, Stars above, and Dreams of freedom!"

Tam's Inner Reply:
"And what power would that be? I need nothing save DESNA's blessing and grace. Swear your power to be in Desna's service and 'maybe' I'll consider it otherwise... I'll hold fast to my devotion to the 'Song of the Spheres' and trust to her luck an open travel roads... You have NO POWER over me... nor ANY greater than her's!!"

Then he moves to Ethaniel's flank ( AI 12 ) guarding his retreat.

His rapier held high, dagger gripped low; each ready to parry any incoming attack as the pursuers close.

Standard Action: Total Defense
Move Action: Move 30'ft


Male Elf Bard/2 (AC16/13/13, HP 14, Conditions: Nil)

Iscarel turns on his heel, his face twisted in exasperation and confusion. He looks despairingly at his companions, as if for explanation. "What is that fool doing? Does he want to make pigmeat of himself?" he spits, his voice wavering. "Rima! Rima lle amada!" he cries, rocking back and forth on his heels and staring down the alleyway. He looks to take flight again, but something won't let him.

Elvish:
Fly! Fly you fool!


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria's Initiative

Ascaria's View Rnd9

Followed by Marcus' Initiative

Marcus' View Rnd9


Male Human DM/32

Knowledge: Local those whom are trained.

Riddleport Map

Heading from Larur's apartment, you were heading toward the nest of the Pauper's and the boss Badeye. However once at Splithog Alley, you were jumped. You are currently somewhere near the Gas Forges (12) and have chosen to flee back southward. This takes you back into the most destitute sector of the city. Run far enough south and if you are not further harassed you will make the wharves. You look ahead down your path of prospective flight and see all manner of residents and patrons looking your way, wondering what was happening of course.


Male Half-Elf Wild Stalker 7

There was a bitter taste in Marcus's mouth. He HATED running and he was no coward but they were still potentially outnumbered and in Enemy Territory. They needed to either get away of find some defensible ground.

Keep moving everyone, this way.He sprinted to catch to the east as far as he could, (about AX19) both to break line of sight with their pursuers
and hopefully find a place to set their own ambush.

Marcus keeps running move but keeps an eye out for a warehouse or any building really that they could make into a strong point. Not that there was a lack of buildings. What he needed was a Door or window.
..

Perception to see a building they can enter1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Ascaria tries to stay close to the others, keeping up as good as she can. Then an idea comes into her mind. She reaches out mentally to Blackbeard who flutters along with a the group. "We need to know where the enemy is... We need to know if there is a way out of this quarter or if we are surrounded..." Hoping that he understands, she watches how the black bird ascends into the air and circles a few meters overhead.
Meanwhile she tries to think of a safe location in this area to which they could flee.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Human DM/32

Reiterating the need for Knowledge: Local checks.


Male Human DM/32

Ascaria:
This is the bowel end of the city and your current direction is taking into a dead end. Your safest bet would be the Gas Forges but you're not sure how the dwarves will receive you or a disruption to their work.


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

I assume the message spell that I had cast on Marcus is still in effect.

Ascarias whispers her idea, barely audible even to herself, knowing that Marcus would hear her clearly.

Marcus:
"Going south will lead us nowhere. Maybe we should try the Gas Forges..."


Male Human DM/32

GM:
Blackbeard WIS check DC10 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Ascaria:
Blackbeard understands your emotional plea and instead of hovering in a frightened state, he hovers, changes direction and heads southwest between the two buildings. (BH02)


Male Human DM/32

Tam is subjected to attempts wound him from the three thieves who moved into range with loaded crossbows.

The thieves are sure to follow the orders from their boss and only trying to wound to slow, not kill.

1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Attack 3, hits. Possible crit.
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 6 + 1d8 ⇒ 2 if crit hits your Total Defense AC.


Male Elf Bard/2 (AC16/13/13, HP 14, Conditions: Nil)

Aaaaaugh~! This morning's post got et! My elvish! My 20! :'(

Here's another Knowledge roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Female Human Witch 2 (AC 12/12/10, HP 16/16, Conditions: Nil)

Waife:
I'm not sure how to interpret Blackbeard's behavior. Is he currently heading SW looking for a clear route? Or is he already pointing it out by flying in that direction?


Male Human DM/32

Iscarel:
You have an epiphany. You recall Zincher has a strong house here in the Rotgut district. A lane or two over, in the cold shadows of the steep ridgeline. The pass-phrase years ago was 'Baited boots got the Bunyips biting', but that was some time ago.


Male Human DM/32
Ascaria de Vintre wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Ascaria:
My apologies. I forgot to convey his feeling to you. Initially you had the same anxious feeling as he felt pressure to find a way out of this trap. Then relief and excitement as he started to flying away.

Male Human DM/32

Round 10 commences

Initiative Order:

20 Gang
18 Ethaniel
17 Other
10 Andrezi
10 Tippy
8 Iscarel
8 Tam
8 Ascaria
8 Marcus

Ethaniel's Initiative

Five gang members run into view. Some move purposefully and are able to fire their crossbows at Tam who has protected your flank. He masterfully deflects two of the bolts but one was able to hit home.

Ethaniel's View Rnd10


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

With his buckler on his normal AC is 18 with total defense its +4 more to a Total of AC 22. No Crit confirmation... but VERY Close.

Tam makes a short gasp of pain pierced by a single quarrel.

His voice strained with pain he says over his shoulder at Ethaniel Cleric of the 'Savored Sting', "If your going to run... now would be a good time..."

Know {Local}: 'sorry for the lateness of this roll' 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

I can make a run action from here, right? I'd like to move Ethaniel to AW3.

Breaking into a sprint, Ethaniel shouts back at Tam. "Don't think of holding them!"


Male Human DM/32
Ethaniel Meveri wrote:

I can make a run action from here, right? I'd like to move Ethaniel to AW3.

Breaking into a sprint, Ethaniel shouts back at Tam. "Don't think of holding them!"

Ethaniel:
After a 20ft you round the corner of the building and you see another five thieves running parallel with you and realise that if you continue your run, you will be amidst them. You either complete your run to AY8 or instead change your mind. As it is you have used a Move Action to get to the corner.

Ethaniel's view


Male Half-Elf Cleric 1 / Fighter (Cad) 1

Oh, why didn't I prepare Obscuring Mist today?

DM:
AY8 it is!


Male Human DM/32

Andrezi seeing that they had been flanked now looks to Tam and speaks.

"I am sorry, but I must first protect the others. May luck or mercy be with you."

At that he turns and runs quickly to head off the leading member of the group flanking.

Double move to AU2


Male Human DM/32

Tippy's Initiative (Current Location EC50)

You will see the map is very different. Just go with it.

Tippy's View Rnd10


Male Human DM/32

Everyone else, feel free to look at Tippy's map link to check out the updated map.


male, Elf Fighter 1 / Rogue {Knife Master} 1 {AC 17'18'/f 14'15'/t 13, HP 17/ 17}

Did Tam see where Andrezi went?


Male Human DM/32
'Tam' "Darquestryder" wrote:
Did Tam see where Andrezi went?

You saw the direction but he is now out of your LOS.

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,500 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Maslen Second Darkness pBp Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.