Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DMJ's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Jonasty1031

Adventure and danger on the high seas! Can you claim your own Pirate destiny in the Shackles?

Current Map


1,101 to 1,114 of 1,114 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Fisherman 4, Hp: 31/31, AC 17, T:12, FF:15, F+3, R+0, W+1

Looks like Jirobo got all the rolls right. He only needed a 10 for aid another.


Prep
PC's init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Kurstav's init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


1d20 ⇒ 6, Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 7, 8) = 20

The waves chop below you as Callum maneuvers the ship towards your target. As you approach, you see men scrambling on the other vessel preparing for the attack. Some of them swing a ballista towards your ship and with a loud thwang the large bolt comes rocketing towards your sails. With a quick jerk of the wheel, Callum is able to spin the Queen out of the way.

Result:
Sails are missed.

Map link updated. Each square is 30 feet, so the PC ship is currently 90 feet away from the enemy.

Round 1, PC's are up. You all have group init, so it's really just posting order. If you can't or don't want to do anything that's fine. The only person I need to have post is Callum. If you're not taking any actions in a round, just post something indicating that so I know we can move on.

Callum, when you post try to be thorough in your description of what you want to do and also make sure to include plenty of rolls to cover things in case I need them.


Also Callum, in your posts please include a specific prof: sailor check for attempting to gain the upper hand for the next round so I have it to work with. With this make sure to let me know what you do with the upper hand if you get it. For this first round I skipped that step to make things smoother.


(Male Wizard(Spellbinder) 4, Hp: 20/20, AC 12(16w/MA), T:12, FF:10, F+1, R+3, W+4)

Tylos steps onto the bow and begins a complicated series of movements and words before a wall of fire bursts up diagonally across the bow of the opposing ship, forcing them to turn closer towards us.

Silent image to create a 60 foot long 10 foot tall wall of fire ten feet above the ocean, putting it right on line for the ship and crew to hit, in front of the other ship.


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Did we ever see what flags they were flying, what nation etc?


The ship bears a red flag that has an image of a steel shield with a golden serpent laid across it.

Knowledge local DC 15:
That flag belongs to the Aspis Consortium.


Male Human Sea Singer 1

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

A fat prize for us, lads! Courtesy of our friends the Apsis Consortium! Aim for her sails and riggings! Leave her wallowing!

Tully grabbed a crew member, dragging him over to the ballistae. Load a bolt when I say.

Fire Ballistae targetting sails: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) = 8


Male Gnome Rogue-4 (Saves-F+2,R+8,W+1; Perception +9(10 vs traps);HP 21/27)

Xanxan grins in agreement, "Gold be their symbol so let's hope gold be their prize."

"Don't worry about their ballista, He shouts as loud as he can, "I'll summon the fire elemental on it!"

To any trained spell master, the claim is an obvious lie for what appears on the other ship's deck next to their weapon is not a true fire elemental, but a vague humanoid shape that glows with magic light.
Dancing LIghts effect.
Of course, there may not be many spell casters on the other ship, an
But the gnome really tries to sell it

"Devour any who resist, Flamnorris my pet! ANY who do not surrender shall BURN!"

Bluff Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


HP 27 || AC 15, T 13, FF 12 || F +4, R +4, W +8 || Init +7, Per +12

From his perch on high, Jirobo peers down at the enemy vessel as they close on her side. He scans the deck of the vessel for any ballista or other siege weaponry, or if none just takes aim at the steering area of the ship, before releasing one of his spells to instead call on the winds to obscure their view, "The Storm is with us, friends. Wind in our sails and destruction to our foes!" Banks of dense fog spring up into being on the opposing deck, blocking views into or out of the area.

Dropping 2nd level Lesser Restoration to cast my domain spell, Fog Cloud, on the enemy vessel. Prioritize enemy siege first and steering second.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Sailing check for 'upper hand': 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 18
Question 1: Do we have the Silk Sails for +1 upper hand checks? I don't see them on the campaign tab, so didn't include them in the calculation, but I thought we had gotten them.
If he wins, he will move 1 sqaure closer

Question 2: What direction is the wind heading and what's the current speed of both ships?

EDIT: Q3: Also, since the opposing ship has won the initiative, what was it's action (or is it beside us now after it's action)?


1)As Tully mentioned, you don't have the silk sails yet.
2) You're at 90, they're at 60. Wind is southerly.
3) They fired the balista at you for Round 1 action. Their move brought them into broadside of you, let's say.


Male Human Freebooter 3 / Pirate 1 [HP 37/37 || AC 17, T 12, FF 14 || F +4, R +7, W +2]

Callum looks across the water at his opposite on the other ship giving him an evil smile as he spins the wheel causing the ship to lean and turn in the water towards the other ship.

Standard action: Make way - force the other pilot to beat Sail check as DC for next action or be unable to change speed or take diagonal movement. Sorta bluffing a ram.

Make way: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 32

Move action: Heave to - reduce the speed of the ship by 30 ft and move her forwards diagonally, so 1 square SE, then 1 square S.

Heave to: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 27

1,101 to 1,114 of 1,114 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMJ's Skull & Shackles, Part 1: The Wormwood Mutiny All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post
Grymp's Way of the Wicked
With a Single Step (Jade Regent PbP Gameplay)
Burnt Offerings
Winter is Coming
Zeitgeist: Act 1...
Neon Dance Hall 2170

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.