Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Davy Jones' Skulls & Shackles

Game Master Elmdorprime

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Campaign Info

The Calamitous Intent


3,901 to 3,950 of 3,962 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>

HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

Nymph side-eyed the statue before gripping it and, in addition to slightly cringing, pushing it.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Rolls:
[dice=Sting]1d20+10; 1d6+6[/dice] Brine Fort DC 14 or -1 H&D
HP 39/45 || AC 19, T 12, FF 17 || F +2, R +7, W +4 || Init +2 || Per +15 || Luck: 2/9(27) used || Buffs: Heroism

Trevor is laughing too much to be of any help for now.


Male Human Sorcerer 7 | HP 51/51 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +8 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Water Blast 8/8 | Sorcerer Spells: 1st—2/7 2nd—1/7 3rd—2/5

"No, really, a capstan is just a winding system. Is anyone even listening?"


Map

You could also have used the capstan as a lever, instead of summoning a swarm of terrifying swimming mammals!

Nymph, pushed on by several summoned - and possibly amorous - dolphins manages to push over the throne onto the floor.

The chamber hidden below the great throne is empty save for two chests. One is a iron-banded chest decorated with skulls that seems to have held up remarkably well considering its immersion in seawater. The other is a stone box with the image of a fish-headed demon carved onto its lid, whose seams appear to have been sealed by lead.

Roll Perception!

Perception DC 25:

The stone chest appears to have a trap set up - roll Disable Device!

Perception DC 28:

You find a key hidden in a concealed alcove in the wall.


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

I actually missed you mentioning the capstan. And when Bahrin brought it up I thought he had just mistyped "captain" and was confused...

"Oi! Watch it Ye flippery bastards!" Nymph growls as they push the statue over.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 2 = 26

"Oh hello..." she lets out as she floats down to investigate the chests. "Wait... I'm pretty sure the stone one is trapped. If ritual demon face carved in stone wasn't a big enough of a giveaway."


F Human (Tian-Min) Oracle of the Waves 6/Fighter 1 - HP 39/46 - AC 22/T: 16 /FF: 17 – Resist Cold 10 - Perception +1 - Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6 - CMB: +6, CMD: 21 - Speed: 30' - Init. +5

"Well, Capstans are cool, but a fleet of dolphins are even cooler!" Yuki says with a laugh.

She then quickly turns serious when Nymph mentions that one of the chests is trapped. Yuki first casts Detect Magic to make sure its not magically trapped.

If it's magically trapped:

Yuki shrugs her shoulders, "Nothing I can do to disable it. Unless one of you can dispel it, we'll just have to trigger the trap to see what's inside of it."

If it's not magically trapped:

Yuki pulls out her tools and attempts to disarm the trap.

Disarm Device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36 [+1 when I level her up]


F Human (Tian-Min) Oracle of the Waves 6/Fighter 1 - HP 39/46 - AC 22/T: 16 /FF: 17 – Resist Cold 10 - Perception +1 - Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6 - CMB: +6, CMD: 21 - Speed: 30' - Init. +5

Actually, now that I leveled up Yuki, forget that 'if it's magically trapped' spoiler. She'll just try to cast Dispel Magic on it. On the other hand, if we need to sleep first before leveling kicks in, then that spoiler is still in effect.


Rolls:
[dice=Sting]1d20+10; 1d6+6[/dice] Brine Fort DC 14 or -1 H&D
HP 39/45 || AC 19, T 12, FF 17 || F +2, R +7, W +4 || Init +2 || Per +15 || Luck: 2/9(27) used || Buffs: Heroism

Trevor was about to reluctantly offer to give the chest a try, but his captain beat him to it. So he just smiles and watches her, studying her approach, daydreaming of taking over as captain should she gets grilled by some cunning trap...

"You're doing great Cap'n! you've got magic fingers!"


Map

The stone box is filled with a large, strange conch shell that contains a huge amount of a red paste - you see a spike set up, obviously meant to puncture and release the red substance into the treasure chamber if the lock isn't opened properly.

The sea chest is all that remains, but your intuition tells you to pull it out of the tunnels before you open it lest spoils inside be ruined by seawater. It's heavy, over a hundred pounds and there's a mighty struggle to pull it out of the tunnels.

Once you swim back out of the tunnel you pull the chest onto the beach and open it what is left of Cyrus Wolfe’s hoard, as well as the tribe’s own treasures. Besides the variety of luxurious silks, fine furs, exotic spices, raw gold and silver ore, and other plundered pirate booty worth a total of 10 points of plunder, the treasures include a ship’s figurehead Trevor knows from legend to be called Besmara’s Bones, two fan feather tokens, slippers of spider climbing, an ornate crown with undersea motifs crafted of deep platinum worth 5,000 gp, and a jeweled box (worth 500 gp) containing assorted jewelry worth 2,500 gp, as well as 2,083 gp, 18,900 sp, and 25,050 cp.

The chest holds far more than it should and you recognize as a captain's locker.

Besmara's Bones:

Named for the goddess of piracy, strife, and sea monsters, this figurehead must be mounted on the prow of a ship function. Once per day, a ship carrying Besmara’s Bones can inflict a curse on an enemy ship struck with a successful ramming attack. The target ship must succeed at a DC 14 Will save or its pilot takes a –4 penalty on Profession (sailor) checks to control the ship. In addition, the cursed ship can never gain the upper hand in ship-to-ship combat (Skull & Shackles Player’s Guide 9). The curse inflicted by the figurehead cannot be dispelled, but it can be removed with a break enchantment, limited wish, miracle, remove curse, or wish spell. In addition, once per day, Besmara’s Bones can be used to cast false life (CL 5th) on the captain of the ship carrying the figurehead. A ship may not have more than one figurehead, magical or otherwise, mounted on it at one time.

Captain's Locker:

This iron-banded sea chest is 2-1/2 feet by 3 feet by 4 feet in size and is decorated with chains and brass skulls. The chest has no lock, but any standard lock can be easily attached to its hasp. The interior of a captain’s locker functions similarly to a type IV bag of holding, and can hold up to 2,500 pounds or a volume of 250 cubic feet. The chest’s weight remains the same, regardless of what it is holding. A captain’s locker does not rot or take any other damage from immersion in water and is watertight, even if opened underwater.

When a captain’s locker is placed within the hold of a ship or some other enclosed cargo-carrying vehicle (such as a freight wagon with a cargo box), the chest warps the dimensions of the cargo hold so that the area’s cargo capacity increases by 50% without changing the weight of the vehicle. The cargo area remains attached to the vehicle, however, so outside conditions that affect the vehicle can also affect the cargo hold. If the captain’s locker is removed from the cargo area while the hold contains more cargo than it could contain on its own, any excess cargo is forcibly expelled through hatches or other means of egress, dealing 3d6 points of damage to anyone standing within 5 feet of the means of egress.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Human (Tian-Min) Oracle of the Waves 6/Fighter 1 - HP 39/46 - AC 22/T: 16 /FF: 17 – Resist Cold 10 - Perception +1 - Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6 - CMB: +6, CMD: 21 - Speed: 30' - Init. +5

Yuki does an underwater happy dance for about a minute or so upon unearthing all the treasures. Once her triumphant dance is complete, she says, "We're definitely putting the figurehead and locker on the ship!"

"Ahhh, totally worth it." She observes after a second.


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

Nymph smiles as Yuki does her happy dance, and barely even grumbles as she has to drag the chest back to the surface.

"Neat," she says after looking over all the booty.

"Got to save a fish woman and her babies, got to kill some mutant shark a@&*@%#s, and got enough booty to make a Calistrian temple jealous."


Rolls:
[dice=Sting]1d20+10; 1d6+6[/dice] Brine Fort DC 14 or -1 H&D
HP 39/45 || AC 19, T 12, FF 17 || F +2, R +7, W +4 || Init +2 || Per +15 || Luck: 2/9(27) used || Buffs: Heroism

"Now... THIS is a TREASURE!!!" shouts Trevor with glee and starts clapping in greed as things are pulled out of the chests.

"Better yet, this hoard makes us better at getting richer! We can turn our ship into a real predator of the High Seas!"


F Human (Tian-Min) Oracle of the Waves 6/Fighter 1 - HP 39/46 - AC 22/T: 16 /FF: 17 – Resist Cold 10 - Perception +1 - Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6 - CMB: +6, CMD: 21 - Speed: 30' - Init. +5

"We should get all this back to the ship in case there's anymore shark guys still around. After that, we can see if there's anything else we missed."

DM, am I safe in assuming there are more passages that me missed?


Map

You are correct but they're largely inconsequential - if you'd prefer we can skip those and move on to Book 3.


F Human (Tian-Min) Oracle of the Waves 6/Fighter 1 - HP 39/46 - AC 22/T: 16 /FF: 17 – Resist Cold 10 - Perception +1 - Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6 - CMB: +6, CMD: 21 - Speed: 30' - Init. +5

I'm fine with moving on as long as everyone else is.


Rolls:
[dice=Sting]1d20+10; 1d6+6[/dice] Brine Fort DC 14 or -1 H&D
HP 39/45 || AC 19, T 12, FF 17 || F +2, R +7, W +4 || Init +2 || Per +15 || Luck: 2/9(27) used || Buffs: Heroism

Fine with moving on!

"Aye Captain! Looks like everything went just perfect. We're rich as thieves! What's next then? Booze and more?"


Male Human Sorcerer 7 | HP 51/51 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +8 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Water Blast 8/8 | Sorcerer Spells: 1st—2/7 2nd—1/7 3rd—2/5

No problem!

"This is quite an interesting haul. It will certainly help the ship immensely."


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 62/62 | AC 18, T 11 FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +10 | CMD 18 | Init +1 | Perception +17

After the dolphins swim away (after bumping themselves in most of the crew), Galean spends the time staring at the figurehead. "Wow...", is all he can say as he puts his hands on the worn wood and ivory. "I can't wait to use this!", he lets out, then begins packing the haul for transport.

Ready to move as well!


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

I'm good to move as well.


Map

Very well me hearties.

You open the chest and heave the treasure onto the decks as the crew cheers you wildly - coins and nuggest of copper, gold and silver chink together musically as you pile them on furs, silks and carpets and your crew thinks about the wonderful nights ahead of them.

Fishguts laughs mightily as he presents massive seared ahi tuna steaks he's prepared with white rice and a vegetable salad he swears is fresh that he prepared just for the captain, hoping his psuedo-Tianese cuisine will please her.

"Now this is a fine haul! It's time ta set forth ta Port Peril and get our letter o' marque from the King! He might be a blackhearted bastard but he's still the power in these waters and a letter of marque means we'd have nothing ta fear from that piece o' trash Harrigan."


Rolls:
[dice=Sting]1d20+10; 1d6+6[/dice] Brine Fort DC 14 or -1 H&D
HP 39/45 || AC 19, T 12, FF 17 || F +2, R +7, W +4 || Init +2 || Per +15 || Luck: 2/9(27) used || Buffs: Heroism

Trevor laughs and enjoys the thrill of success and the promise of a better life unfolding. At the mention of the letter, he looks to Yuko and says: "Pardon me Capt'n, but I joined only recently and have not heard of this 'piece o' trash Harrigan.'


Map

One of you lot want to explain Harrigan and your tormentors as a stand in for Yuki?


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

"He was the captain of the ship that shanghaied us. He wasn't so bad from what I remember but most of his crew were a$&*#@~s, saves for the ones still alive which are with us. Well we captured a ship, our ship now, and he gave it to his first mate, who was a a@!%!!*, and a bunch of us got put on that ship. And then they tried to kill us so we killed them. An island was involved. And goblins. With tentacles. Yeah, they snatched some of our crew and we went to rescue them and when we came back the a*+!#+%s tried to kill us so we killed them." Nymph states in the order her bring recollects the memories. Her eyes slightly raise up before looking back to her companions. "I'm probably forgetting a bunch."


Rolls:
[dice=Sting]1d20+10; 1d6+6[/dice] Brine Fort DC 14 or -1 H&D
HP 39/45 || AC 19, T 12, FF 17 || F +2, R +7, W +4 || Init +2 || Per +15 || Luck: 2/9(27) used || Buffs: Heroism

"Mmh. So this Harrigan, does he know you took the ship he gave his first mate? I bet it must itch him some new places."


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

Nymph blinks then her eyes roll up in thought. "Huh, good question."


Male Human Sorcerer 7 | HP 51/51 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +8 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Water Blast 8/8 | Sorcerer Spells: 1st—2/7 2nd—1/7 3rd—2/5

"Well, if he ever crosses our path again, I'll give him an itch," says Bahrin, spinning one hand lazily in a half-finished gesture that he typically uses to conjure his acid arrow.


Map

We'll just assume Yuki gives the command to head back to Port Peril...

The Calamitous Intent pierces the horizon on the way to Port Peril, a city like no other on Golarion.

Built around a deep cove just outside the Eye of Abendego and west of the Terwa Uplands the harbor is crammed with ships laden with spices, lumber and other goods moving in and around the Inner Sea and the Arcadian Ocean. As you sail into the harbor itself you can hear the calls of ship masters and dockside wenches exhorting the crews to their duties or delights and the smell of salt air and tar is noticeable on the wind.

Every building on the docks has a group in front of it arguing over wares or quaffing a drink (or both!) and as you tie up your crew is eager to set ashore.

Roll Knowledge (Local) for me.


Male Human Sorcerer 7 | HP 51/51 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +8 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Water Blast 8/8 | Sorcerer Spells: 1st—2/7 2nd—1/7 3rd—2/5

Knowledge (local) (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Rolls:
[dice=Sting]1d20+10; 1d6+6[/dice] Brine Fort DC 14 or -1 H&D
HP 39/45 || AC 19, T 12, FF 17 || F +2, R +7, W +4 || Init +2 || Per +15 || Luck: 2/9(27) used || Buffs: Heroism

Know Local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

Don't have it.


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 62/62 | AC 18, T 11 FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +10 | CMD 18 | Init +1 | Perception +17

Neither do I.

Galean sits on the wheel of the ship, one hand on the figurehead placed next to him. Feeling as free as a bird and as happy as a clam, he steers the ship with the skill of someone five times his age, barking orders at the crew with a somewhat less squeaky voice.

Handing over the wheel to another crewmate, Galean appears on that captain's doorframe. "Uhhh... Cap'n?", he mutters quietly, before looking around. "Uh... I was wondering if I could have a share of the plunder, like a small one, when we land. Uh, please?", he says, his face turning a traditional cherry red.


F Human (Tian-Min) Oracle of the Waves 6/Fighter 1 - HP 39/46 - AC 22/T: 16 /FF: 17 – Resist Cold 10 - Perception +1 - Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6 - CMB: +6, CMD: 21 - Speed: 30' - Init. +5

Knowledge (local) aid Trevor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Before arriving at Port Peril, Yuki confers with her Officers about the city, but mostly just picks the brain of the knowledgeable Trevor.

She also tells them, "When we arrive at the city, we'll need to pay the crew. Then once we get the lay of the land, we'll split the rest of the treasure up in equal shares between us. I think we should hold on to some of the plunder in case we need it, but I coooould be talked into split some of that up too. What do you need to buy, Galean?"


Map

Traditionally to get a letter of marque you send a messenger to the Hurricane King's seat, currently Fort Hazard, along with a gift (bribe) with 4 points of plunder to sweeten the deal.


F Human (Tian-Min) Oracle of the Waves 6/Fighter 1 - HP 39/46 - AC 22/T: 16 /FF: 17 – Resist Cold 10 - Perception +1 - Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6 - CMB: +6, CMD: 21 - Speed: 30' - Init. +5

"Well, it looks like we'll need to spend some of that plunder already. Who wants to to deliver it to Fort Hazard?" Yuki asks, looking concerned about the hefty bribe needed to just start the process.


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

"I'll run it... why am I going to a place called Fort Hazard?"


F Human (Tian-Min) Oracle of the Waves 6/Fighter 1 - HP 39/46 - AC 22/T: 16 /FF: 17 – Resist Cold 10 - Perception +1 - Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6 - CMB: +6, CMD: 21 - Speed: 30' - Init. +5

"I think it's just a cool name, probably nothing to worry about. Just in case, you should bring a couple of crew members to at least carry all that plunder. Thanks Nymph, you're the best!"


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

"Not a problem!" Nymph says with a smile. "But no, really, why am I taking the booty to this place?"


Map

Are you hiring haulers or a cart or just carrying it on your back? And don't forget you need to provide plunder to your crew so keep track of that 1 point loss!


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

How much does Plunder weigh?


F Human (Tian-Min) Oracle of the Waves 6/Fighter 1 - HP 39/46 - AC 22/T: 16 /FF: 17 – Resist Cold 10 - Perception +1 - Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6 - CMB: +6, CMD: 21 - Speed: 30' - Init. +5

Yes, the crew gets 1 plunder, no problem.

If we need to hire haulers to move the stuff, that's fine too. If this is important, I'll be happy to rp that out.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rolls:
[dice=Sting]1d20+10; 1d6+6[/dice] Brine Fort DC 14 or -1 H&D
HP 39/45 || AC 19, T 12, FF 17 || F +2, R +7, W +4 || Init +2 || Per +15 || Luck: 2/9(27) used || Buffs: Heroism

Trevor does his best to look either terribly busy or suffering from chronic fatigue and back pain. Otherwise, he remains out of sight during discussions on hauling stuff around.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Druid 7 | HP 62/62 | AC 18, T 11 FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +10 | CMD 18 | Init +1 | Perception +17

Galean blushes as he's asked about the plunder, then grins. "Uh... I'm turning six... eighteen today, uh, Cap'n. Was going to... go places.", he says with the face of someone caught with his hands in the cookie jar.

-------------

Scratching his head, Galean looks at Nymph. "Well, ugh, I can summon some horses and ponies, and they can carry it for us? We can drink the money we can give the porters, I s'pose?", he offers with a hopeful smile. "I can also summon elephant-sized horses?", he throws in casually with a wide grin. "If you want to make a statement, Cap'n."


Male Human Sorcerer 7 | HP 51/51 | AC 13 T 13 FF 11 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +8 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Water Blast 8/8 | Sorcerer Spells: 1st—2/7 2nd—1/7 3rd—2/5

Bahrin raises an eyebrow and says, "Sounds like a real splash. I like the idea of adding to our notoriety by doing things larger than life."

He rolls up his sleeves and gets to the tedious work of cataloging and moving goods around in preparation for shipment.


F Human (Tian-Min) Oracle of the Waves 6/Fighter 1 - HP 39/46 - AC 22/T: 16 /FF: 17 – Resist Cold 10 - Perception +1 - Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6 - CMB: +6, CMD: 21 - Speed: 30' - Init. +5

"Uhhhh, you do you, Galean." Yuki offers reluctantly once she realizes what the young man has in mind. Her face still burning bright red she adds, "Yeah, so no more to say about that. Cool."

"Anyway, let's get this stuff ready for Fort Hazard. Although some huge horses or elephants would make a great impression, I don't think summmoned creatures are going to last long enough so we might need to look into getting some carts. Since this is the pirate capital, I think we're better off getting some crew to help than hiring some randos we don't know."


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

Nymph nods before going to round up some unfortunate crew members.


Map

If you've got any purchasing to do, or visits to make in the case of poor Galean, you can do so - Port Peril has anything not artifact level within reason so if you think you're getting away with something run it by me first! Otherwise...

The crew cheerfully heads off with Nymph and delivers the loot to the castle, giving your berth so the letter of marque can be dropped off. The King communicates through his flunkies he'll be willing to meet you with the following evening.

The next morning dawns bright and cheerful - another day in the pirate's paradise of Port Peril.

The docks rumble to life early, sailing folk being hard-working even if they are pirates, and are already bustling around you as merchants try to sell you fresh fruit and vegetables, miracle holystones that you only have to use once a week and a variety of colorful silk sails, catapult stones and ballista bolts.

The crowd however starts to part far away from you as an ugly half-orc starts to move through the deck surrounded by rough looking sailors.

Roll Knowledge (Local) DC 15 to identify the sailor.

The half-orc looks at the Calamitous Intent and starts to laugh hardily.

What a garbage scow? Can you believe these worthless curs have the nerve to call themselves Free Pirates - to ask for a letter of marque?

His flunkies dutifully laugh at the man's antics, some of them pointing at you and your crew as they do so.


Rolls:
[dice=Sting]1d20+10; 1d6+6[/dice] Brine Fort DC 14 or -1 H&D
HP 39/45 || AC 19, T 12, FF 17 || F +2, R +7, W +4 || Init +2 || Per +15 || Luck: 2/9(27) used || Buffs: Heroism

Taking 10 on Knowledge Local for a 20 (lore master).


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 62/62 | AC 18, T 11 FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +10 | CMD 18 | Init +1 | Perception +17

I'll leave the details out of it, but I'll assume 50 gold pieces will cover an insane night out?

As the crew walks through the docks, next to an overturned barrel of berries lies a Galean. The navigator is without his shirt, however he is grasping a rather large tattered piece of cloth, which on closer inspection is revealed to be a rudely defaced Chelish flag. The smell of cheap perfume, cheap drink and fish carcasses emanates from him, as he slowly rises up to look at the crew with a drunken from, revealing a missing tooth. Just as his bloodshot eyes manage to focus on the captain's face, the half-orc makes his statement.

Galean shuffles around to address the newcomer, pushing down a bowl of grapes on the ground, and raises a stained finger with shaky indignation. "You... And your loudy... voice thing..., he starts saying, taking a step further at the immensely larger half-orc. "That face... Take that face and that voice, sind cur... and replace it with... another face..., he mutters, clearly making a coherent argument in his head.

"And when you get that... that other face, it should be a face that says more... better stuff about our ship... which is worth more worth... than whatever ship you have...", he almost shouts, then turns back at the captain, nodding thoughtfully, yet with complete lack of coordination. "Because, we're the best crew, and the ship is just... a face. For its crew. Which also has faces. Ma'right, Cap'n Yuki, sir-ma'am?", he asks with as much respect as possible, before raising his hand for a salute and standing completely straight up for a moment, before collapsing back into the barrel of berries.

I am choosing to nat 1ing that knowledge check!


F Human (Tian-Min) Oracle of the Waves 6/Fighter 1 - HP 39/46 - AC 22/T: 16 /FF: 17 – Resist Cold 10 - Perception +1 - Fort: +6, Ref: +8, Will: +6 - CMB: +6, CMD: 21 - Speed: 30' - Init. +5

We'll need to see how much money we have after we split the sahuagin treasure, but I'm sure there's a least 50 gp for Galean to make a series of Fortitude checks. :-)

Once we know who this guy is, then I'll reply in character.


Map

Trevor:

The half-orc is Tsadok Goldtooth, first mate to Kerdak Bonefist - the Hurricane King. You can tell from the crowd that some people like his jibes based on their laughter but a number of people look annoyed or disgusted by his presence on the docks.

3,901 to 3,950 of 3,962 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Davy Jones' Skulls & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.