Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Aron Marczylo's Curse of the Crimson Throne Part 4

Game Master overfiend_87


51 to 100 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

That sounds good, Aron, thanks!


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Agreed - onward and skip the haggling. I am pretty sure that we can pay for decent mounts.


As you travel east you notice carins decorated with animal skulls ontop. Trinia explains she learnt that these are warning symbols to strangers who enter the lands. Unlike other tribes however, these Shoanti do not attack on sight. As you go further and further east these carins become more and more common. It takes about 6 hours having your mounts jog, not wanting to push them too hard, but not wanting to merely walk all the way there.

You are intercepted by four shoanti warriors on the back of horses. These Shoanti and their horses are covered in ritualistic paint. They all carry Earth Breakers and composite longbows. They move at a trot and block your path. Their pain is similar to that of Thousand Bones, to those who met him, and one of them speaks up.
"Takuwe yuha niye hiyu el ukitaway makoce, tshamek?"

Shoanti language translation:

He said "Why have you come to our lands, tshamek?" the word Tshamek is their word for outsiders. Often said through gritted teeth due to the anger many have against those who stole their land where Korvosa and many other settlements are built upon.

Trinia looks to the group.
"He asks, what we are doing here. Do you want me to translate Jerin or do you wish to? If I do, what do you wish to say? I suggest you be straight with them, but also respectful." she mentions as she looks back to the warriors. They have weapons, but have not risen them as they await a reply and the fact you have not drawn your weapons, not appear to be some violent thugs have seen to them getting as close as they have. They are still about 15ft away from the group, being cautious of you.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

I can try, if I fail you may be needed to sway them further.

Jerin will translate his words to the others as he speaks to them...

Honor be upon you warriors. We seek Thousand Bones council on a matter of great urgency to both of our peoples! May we come to your camp and speak with him?

diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


At the mention of Thousand Bones the warriors look to each-other and then back to Jerin. They look at you all in a very curious manner. The leader of this patrol nods his head slowly. He asks you to follow him, for he'll escort you to Thousand Bones.

As you make your way, you notice that you are indeed in the camp after a few miles, seeing the many tents and native Shoanti out in the open, watching the approching strangers.

Other Shoanti with tatoos very different from this tribles are here too. Some with depictions of the moon and others with depictions of great earthbreakers. These ones appear more hostile at your approch, making you well aware that they are armed with weapons and watching your every move.

Things are tense here with many of the Shoanti giving you dark glares, some even aiming bows and watching your every move. Some hiding their children behind them, afraid you may hurt them. What appears to make up the Kallow Mounds themselves are a collection of hundreds of cairns, clearly a burial site and from what you can tell by the sheer numbers, that all the tribes in the area must bury their dead here. what is more disturbing is that what was sunning itself on the cairns, but is now leering at you two is a large and deadly draconic beast. It's wings appear to be crippled, however it still looks large and formiddable, looking like somekind of cross between a dragon and a lion.

Creature

Knowledge Arcana DC 17:

though not draconic, the Dragonne is a magical beast that is not so intelligent, however it does have an above average human wisdom and as many fear them, very few (if any) are evil. their main forms of attacks are claws and bites.

Knowledge Arcana DC 22:

these creatures can be quite agile and attempt to get the jump on their prey by pouncing them or is attacked, issuing a roar that appears to drain the strength from those that wish it harm.

Knowledge Arcana DC 27:

It is able to see in the dark and low light and having the ability to sniff out scents, it is able to track very easily. They mostly eat meat, but it is not undead for them to eat plants too.

Knowledge Arcana DC 32:

Possessing the savage instincts of lions with the cunning of brass dragons, dragonnes combine the fiercest features of these noble creatures into predators both awe-inspiring and deadly.

The origin of dragonnes generates endless speculation. The odds of these creatures being direct crossbreeds of dragons and lions are quite remote, for numerous reasons: the two creatures rarely share the same territories; few creatures as clever as brass dragons would choose to mate with simple lions; and dragonne abilities differ significantly from those of metallic dragons. While otherworldly breeding experiments and magical mishaps remain possibilities, few satisfying explanations make themselves apparent.

Although many creatures rightly fear these ferocious hunters, few dragonnes are blatantly evil—most are just highly territorial and seek to defend their homes and hunting grounds from interlopers. Creatures that draw too close to a dragonne’s lair are typically met by the resident’s fearsome roar, followed by its claws and fangs if this warning is ignored. Those who attempt to settle in a dragonne’s territory find themselves harassed constantly until they decide to leave or the dragonne is slain. These intimidating predators spend the majority of their time on the ground, even when in combat, since their wings prove somewhat ungainly. They typically search for prey and intruders from the air, then land nearby to charge and pounce.

Despite their deadliness, dragonnes form strong bonds with those they consider members of their pride, sometimes even adopting creatures of other races. A character with the Leadership feat can take a dragonne as a cohort. Such characters must have an effective leadership level of 10th. Most dragonne cohorts gain levels in barbarian, fighter, or ranger. A dragonne measures between 10 and 12 feet long and weighs up to 1,200 pounds.

Nearby you see a gaunt old man sat near the creature and beside him, back to you is a familiar form. The riders stop you, the leader getting off and walking over to him, whispering in his ear and the figure stands, turning to face you. Thousand Bones, pleased that you are here smiles widely as he steps towards you with open arms.
"Welcome my friends!" as he says this and shows a obvious kindness to you, the shoanti all start acting differently, now no longer leering, but staring at you in curiosity and stepping closer, surrounding the group with looks of wonder on their face. "I apologise for the way my people have treated you. They have never before met outsiders who respect us, let alone helped any of us." the old man leans on his stick as he smiles towards the group and then turns to the nearby patrol members, ordering them to prop up a tent, which they get to work on. The tent is different from others, a customary tent for guests of the Shoanti and from looking at it, it appears to have been a whilst since it's been set up.

Thousand bones spends the time introducing you to the few people with him. The gaunt old man is named 'One-Life' and unlike other Shoanti, has spent his entire adult life here, staying with his family. A elderly woman in tribal headress is introduced as Ash Dancer. She is the most experienced of all and the creature up on the mounds they have named 'Wicked-Claws', who 'One-Life' had saved from predators one day and now he serves the Shoanti in protecting these lands.

Once the tent is up, Thousand Bones invites you inside, to tell him what has been going on in the city since he and his people left whilst the Shoanti were still being persecuted. He also mentions, if you wish, you can pay respects to Gaekhen’s remains.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Llyra quietly listens and follows behind, having not been involved when the party met Thousand Bones previously.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

He is speaking in common correct?

knowledge arcana 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21

Jerin introduces Llyra and makes sure he knnow she has fought with us and helped us against the Queen.
Between Jerin, Curnach, and Krenn we give him a good accounting of what the Queen is up to and why we are here...mainly for information about what the Queen has become and maybe a way to defeat her.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

When she is introduced: It is a pleasure to meet you, I have heard much about you and the hard work you have done for peace in this land, something that the queen clearly opposes. I serve the Savored Sting and she demands vengeance for the wrong caused by this usurper of the Korsovan throne. Wrongs done to the people of Korvosa, as well as to the Shoanti.


Jerin wrote:

He is speaking in common correct?

knowledge arcana 1d20+20

Jerin introduces Llyra and makes sure he knnow she has fought with us and helped us against the Queen.
Between Jerin, Curnach, and Krenn we give him a good accounting of what the Queen is up to and why we are here...mainly for information about what the Queen has become and maybe a way to defeat her.

I assume you fill him in about the death of the one who killed Gaekin, the necromancer in the temple of Urgathoa. Also yes, he spoke common to you when you all first met him and he learnt common so that he could better communicate with the outsiders and brocker a peace, which you get the sense doesn't make the tribe very popular.

Hearing your exploits he appears quite intrigued and smiles. He has a serious look at the mention of Rolth, the one who killed his kin and had him sliced to peices. He gives an approving nod at the mention of his death.

He looks worried at the mention of the priest's rising, returning as a undead abomination and at the Arkona's being disguised creatures of various animal heads, along with the evil that remains buried deep under their mansion.
"I can see you are the only ones here who can save my people and your city." he says simply and at the mention of the crown and of thorns, or as his people supposidly called it "midnighter's teeth" he seems to stare off into deep thought before shaking his head. "The name is not familiar to me, however I have heard Sun Shamans of the Sklar-Quah mention it but twice. Always in reference to the past and to the place you call Korvosa."

Llyra Bjorgan wrote:
When she is introduced: It is a pleasure to meet you, I have heard much about you and the hard work you have done for peace in this land, something that the queen clearly opposes. I serve the Savored Sting and she demands vengeance for the wrong caused by this usurper of the Korsovan throne. Wrongs done to the people of Korvosa, as well as to the Shoanti.

"I agree, but I believe my people are not ready. Some may think that Korvosa is week, but I know they will still be strong and much blood shell be spilt on both sides if this war happens." he states simply before looking out of the tent as there is the sound of commotion.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

The Sun Shamens? What are they?
I know this is much to ask Thousand Bones but we must speak with one. Is there someone in particular who might be willing to talk with us?

Assumes answers...Is there any way you can provide us with a guide or an escort? We know the bad blood between our peoples and it would be helpful to not have to fight any of them on the way for being in your lands...we have seen the looks your people give us.
It is understandable but we want no trouble and we want to travel quickly.


Jerin wrote:

The Sun Shamens? What are they?

I know this is much to ask Thousand Bones but we must speak with one. Is there someone in particular who might be willing to talk with us?

Assumes answers...Is there any way you can provide us with a guide or an escort? We know the bad blood between our peoples and it would be helpful to not have to fight any of them on the way for being in your lands...we have seen the looks your people give us.
It is understandable but we want no trouble and we want to travel quickly.

"The Sun Shamen are part of the Sklar-Quah. A tribe dedicated to combat and bettering themselves. One of these people approches now." he states as he peers through the tent. "You will be safe here. I will tell One-life and Ash Dancer that you all wish for peace just as we do."

"I am sorry, I must see to this warrior. He has brought one of his brothers with him, ready to begin his jurney to the next world." he leaves the tent and you can hear the voice of a loud and powerful man, speaking in Shoanti in a raised voice.

"Miye hca tuwe au Berak el niye, ekta kate egna iyokiha wiconi. Is te el egna Orcs. Miye hanhon shawnee un tawa, tka miye mos ognake sni iyaye tawa taca el ohuwi. Oyanke is kici egna huka." after he says this he looks back to the body of his fallen comrade and gives a grin. [b"]Miye kte egna tawa tiwicakte wakiya hotopi na tuck."[/b] as he says this he points to his Klar and Earthbreaker he carries one-handed.

Shoanti:

"I brought Berak to you, to pass into the next life. He fell to the Orcs. I was no friend of his, but I could not leave his body to rot. Place him with the ancestors."after he says this he looks back to the body of his fallen comrade and gives a grin. "I got the one who killed him with thunder and fang." as he says this he points to his Klar and Earthbreaking he carries one-handed.

As the people of the tribe gather the body, bringing it to the mounds and preparing it for the ceremony, the large man walks away and then notices your tent. He steps over and when he reveals the tent to see who is inside he sneers at you before turning back to Thousand Bones, speaking in common to make sure you all understood.
"Why do you harbor these, tshamek?" he says, clearly enraged "They killed our people, drove us from our own land, built cities to defile it and kill us, yet you allow them here? Have you forgotten they killed your grandson, Gaekhen and one now hunts us like animals. How can you be sure they are not the ones who hunt us?"

Thousand Bones, being a calm man, unlike many Shoanti, awaits the barbarian to calm down.
"Krojun, these people are our guests and heroes of Korvosa." at the mention, Krojun spits in disgust, not convinced. "Do not judge them, they are the people who found Gaekhen's body and brought all the peices back so that he could find peace.-" at this you can see Krojun visably calm "And kill the dead riser, who had his body and defiled it as he did. Leave them be. Would you have word of Berak’s burial tainted by bloodshed get back to your Sun Shaman?" Krojun nods, being put in his place before he looks back to the group and makes his way towards you all.

"I did not know, you were the ones to help Gaekhen. I knew him, he was a strong warrior, but too kind." he seems to scratch his chin as he looks at the group up and down and then grins as an idea comes to mind. He brings out a thin cord of leather. "I would like to test your strength and courage for getting this far. I'm sure you would not oppose a game of Sredna?" Thousand Bones gives a shrug, suggesting that you can refuse him if you wish, you are guests and he can't kill here or otherwise would defile the ground.

Knowledge Local DC 25 & if you ask about the rules of Sredna:

In sredna, two opponents face one another on their hands and knees with their foreheads spaced just over a foot apart. The contest requires a thin cord of leather tied in a loop. One end of the loop is placed behind the ears of each competitor so that the players are bound to one another. When the game begins, each player stares his opponent in the eye while slowly attempting to crawl backwards. The resulting tug-of-war results in extreme pain as the leather digs into the soft part of the back of the neck and skull. At some point, one of the competitors relents, acknowledging defeat by bowing his head, causing the strap to roll over the top. Sredna games typically only last for seconds, but two evenly matched opponents might duel much longer. In such cases, standoffs and ties are frequent.

When a sredna match begins, each player must spend three “breaths” (3 rounds) staring into each other’s eyes before attempting to pull. Pulling before the 4th round is an immediate disqualification. Intimidation and patience are almost as important tools to win sredna matches as is strength. During these initial 3 rounds, the players make
opposed Intimidate checks by growling, gnashing teeth, and spitting insults. Each time a player wins one of these checks, he gains two sredna points, and in the case of a tied Intimidate check, both players gain one sredna point. On the 4th round, each character makes an Initiative check to determine when he moves. On his turn, a character may opt to tug or dig in.

Tug: The characters make opposed Strength checks. A defending character who dug in on his previous turn receives a +4 bonus on this check. If the tugging character wins the check, he gains two sredna points. If he fails (or if the results are evenly matched), his opponent gains two sredna points instead.

Dig In: The character readies himself to withstand his opponent’s tug, he gains a +4 bonus on his next Strength check to resist a tug.

At the end of each round, total up each player’s sredna points. This is the DC each player must make on a Fortitude save to continue the match. A player who fails this save collapses and loses the match. If both players fail their saving throw, the match is declared a draw. Characters who possess the Endurance feat gain a +4 bonus on this saving throw.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Krenn is largely silent during the dicussions, mindful of threats to those that he considers his charges and willing to let those more capable handle the difficult discussions.

He gives a deferential nod to Jerin when a game of strength and courage is mentioned, will to participate in it if the mage thinks it beneficial to our cause.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 <-- close


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Since Jerin hasn't posted.

Jerin explains the rules to Krenn, the pair get locked with the leather harness, head against head. Krojun is a giant of a man and facing against him, you can tell that being a hero in these tribes is certainly not a easy task.

fastest way is to do all the breaths and then a iniative roll. These are opposed checks...good luck Krenn...however now I've roled so poorly you still have a chance to not give him all the Sredna points.

breath 1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

breath 2: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

breath 3: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

Iniative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Breath 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Breath 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Breath 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

I believe that gives Krojun 4 point and Krenn 2 points.

Breath 4: Krenn senses that the giant across from him is ready to act, so he digs in to resist the huge man's first tug.

Strength check if he pulls in breath 4: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 4 = 25

Fort check to continue, DC to be determined 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 4 = 31


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

Breath 4: Krojun attempts to pull on Krenn. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

his tug fails, and the two are now evenly matched in how far they have gone.

fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

since both have 8, then the DC is 8, so both Krenn and Krojun remain standing, but for how long?


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Breath 5: Having the initiative, Krenn smiles through the pain. He knows that Krojun has much to lose, especially in going against an outsider. He digs in even further, hoping to outlast the behemoth through sheer patience.

Action, dig in. Strength check if he pulls in breath 5: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 4 = 22

Fort check to continue, DC TBD: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 4 = 27


Krojun, grins back at Krenn. He took spends this breath digging in.

continue: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 vs DC 8

"Getting tired yet, tshamek?" he asks through gritted teeth, keeping this going.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Breath 6: Strength check to pull against him. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Fort check, DC tbd: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 17 + 4 = 32

"Getting tired? I didn't notice that we had started! Clearly you've never done this against one with stone for bones."


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Show him your mettle Krenn! Jerin shouts in encouragement...


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Llyra watches the men battle and just shakes her head: The Savored Sting prefers more . . . pleasurable pursuits. Nonetheless, I have learned that challenging a dwarf to a competition that in any manner involves stubbornness is rarely a wise choice.


opposed check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Krojun grins as he resists the tug from Krenn and

continue: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 DC 10

Breath 6: tug 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"You are strong, little tshamek, but you won't beat me."
He smiles and continues to fight on. He clearly has respect for someone who can last this long against him.

Krojun: 6

Krenn: 4

DC = 6 + 4 = 10


Llyra Bjorgan wrote:
Llyra watches the men battle and just shakes her head: The Savored Sting prefers more . . . pleasurable pursuits. Nonetheless, I have learned that challenging a dwarf to a competition that in any manner involves stubbornness is rarely a wise choice.

Trinia smiles and Llyra's comment, but also looked to Curnach, wondering what he made of this.

Thousand Bones silently smiles and gives a nod.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Breath 7: Strength check to pull against him. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Fort check, DC tbd: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 4 = 23

"You do your people proud, but if you are going to win this, I'll make you earn as you never have before!"

Edit: adding opposition check for breath 6, 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Master of Procrastination and Grognardia

You didn't roll to oppose his check at breath 6.


HP 133/133, AC 26/14/23 CMD 22, F +13, R +10, W +17, P +22, In +11

See his edit.

Curnach watched the struggle with little visible emotion or passion.


Krojun, seeing that this match has lasted long enough decides to unleash his barbarian fury and try to take the sturdy dwarf down, yet even with Krojun raging with all his might, he cannot take the dwarf down.

breath 7: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

score:

Krojun 6

Krenn 8

Fort DC: 14

continue: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 4 = 37


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Seeing the rage burning in Krojun's eyes, Krenn fights to end it quickly.

Resist Krojun's breath 7 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Pull on breath 8 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Fort save at the end of round 8 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 4 = 23


React on Breath 8: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

pulls back on Breath 8: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Score:

Krojun 8

Krenn 10

Fort DC 18

continue: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 4 = 22


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Krenn grunts in discomfort for the first time as he fights on.
Resist Krojun’s Breath 8 pull 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Pull on Breath 9 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Fort save to continue on at the end of round 9 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 4 = 26


resist pull on Breath 9: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Pull on breath 9: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

the two continue to fight, both of them sweating quite profusely, but neither one wanting to lose. Krenn seems to have lost the last few points to Krojun, but this match could last for some time.

Krojun: 12

Krenn: 10

DC 22

continue: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 4 = 27


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Resist Krojun's Breath 9 pull 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Pull on Breath 10 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Fort save to continue at the end of round 10 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 17 + 4 = 41


resist pull: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Pull on breath 9: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Krojun: 14

Krenn: 12

DC 26

continue: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 4 = 22

Krojun continues to fight, however Krojun then slips and falls under the power of Krenn and topples to the ground with a roar of rage and rolls about in the dust for a moment. By the time he regains his feet his roar turns into laughter.
"You pull like a aurochs dam in heat, little tshamek. Well done!" he grins and gives a a quick nod of the head and another grin before making his way to rejoin his brothers and making his way through the awe-struck crowd. They all appear to be impressed by the feat of strength.


"Well done Krenn! I was so scared he might have the better hand for a moment." Trinia says with a wide grin "But it was fun to watch."


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

"Krenn stands as well, bracing himself for the seemingly inevitable assault from the Shaonti. When he starts laughing, it takes Krenn a moment to realize the threat has passed. He joins in the laughter, one hand rubbing the area the straps dug into. He nods in appreciation at Krojun's compliments, and replies "I've met outcroppings of bedrock less stubborn than you! If you are any indication, it is no wonder the Shoanti have stood against all!"


Thousand Bones smiles to the group.
"I see you have grown strong since I last met you, Krenn." he smiles and taking a look at Krojun and then back to the group. "Do not take offence at the 'little' comment. He would've said it if it was anyone here who won. He is taller than most of my people afterall."

Krojun Eats-What-He-Kills


Krenn Weststone wrote:
"Krenn stands as well, bracing himself for the seemingly inevitable assault from the Shaonti. When he starts laughing, it takes Krenn a moment to realize the threat has passed. He joins in the laughter, one hand rubbing the area the straps dug into. He nods in appreciation at Krojun's compliments, and replies "I've met outcroppings of bedrock less stubborn than you! If you are any indication, it is no wonder the Shoanti have stood against all!"

Krojun picks up the strap and smiles, rubbing where the stap dug into him.

"You are indeed strong and honorable. If we find ourselves in trouble together, I will be honored to fight by your side, tshamek." he states before joining his brothers, who wait for the ceremony, which is to commence at night.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

And honor to you Krojun, that was an mighty show of strength! he states in Shoanti.

That was well done Krenn. You may have saved us some trouble with them. If they see us as strong as well as someone that Krojun respects, the other warriors may not try to test us!
Hopefully we can be on our way tomorrow to find this Sun Shamen.


"I would like to invite you to the Bone Council Fire tonight. One-life and Ashdancer will wish to speak with you to help them and they you. One-life has some concerns and would wish to talk to you about them, when night falls and the spirits are able to speak." thousand Bones explains as he gets up to leave "If you wish, I can show you to where we spread Gaeken's ashs to pay him respect."


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14
Jerin wrote:

That was well done Krenn. You may have saved us some trouble with them. If they see us as strong as well as someone that Krojun respects, the other warriors may not try to test us!

Hopefully we can be on our way tomorrow to find this Sun Shamen.

"Thank you. I hope so. I can't help but think what may be going on in Korvosa while we are out here. If playing their games helps in its own way, I'm glad to do so! I have to admit, I'm a bit bewildered by their customs. I'm glad you three are here to help navigate them."

When Thousand bones offers the invite to the Bone Council, Krenn is silent, looking to the more socially capable amongst them to determine if it is a good move.

Despite earning some good will amongst the Shaonti warriors and despite knowing how capable all of his friends are, Krenn can't help but stay close and try to herd them close together where he can keep an eye out for danger, and impose himself between them and any threat.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Jerin takes this opportunity to try and get to know the Shoanti more. He does little tricks for children, any who are allowed to interact with them.
He tries to charm some of the ladies and converse with some of the elders throughout the night.

Krenn, I will be okay...if I get into any trouble I will dimension door right to your side! he smiles...and wonders off to mingle.


Half-Orc Fighter 10/Ranger (Urban) 1 HPs 109/109 AC 30 FF 26 T 17 CMD 32 Fort +17 Ref +12 Will +5 Init +4 Per +14

Krenn scowls at Jerin's reassurance, but nods in agreement. Despite that, Krenn keeps a close eye on his friends, not trusting the crowd entirely.

Basically, he'll try to stay within a double move of Jerin, and one or both of the others if that is possible.

If asked about the contest with Krojun, Krenn will emphasize it was a close win, and compliment the warrior's determination and honor.


The day goes on, the sun sinking down into the semi-desert of these planes. Many of the people are friendlier than before, explaining that their only experience with outsiders has been with violence and scammers selling a bottle of dirty water, claiming it to be from a non-exsistant lake or something. It's obvious many still hold prejudices over you all, but they have softened up to the idea, especially as Thousand Bones has greeted you not like tshamek but as friends.

As the night falls and the stars peek out from the curtain of night, Thousand Bones invites you to the centre of the camp. The other Shoan-Quah have retired early to their tents out of respect for the Bone Council Fire. The only people that are present is the group, Trinia, Thousand Bones, Chief One-Life and Ash Dancer.

One-Life and Ash Dancer remain quiet as Thousand Bones begins to speak. Ever now and then, Ash Dancer sprinkles the fire with a greenish-brown herbal dust from a weathered pouch. A few moments later the fumes encapsulate anyone who remains by the fire, causing a slighty blurrying of vision and a feeling of ease, though you are all totally aware of your surroundings.

"You have already done my people a great favor by returning the body of one of Gaeken. I sense that you now come to me to ask a favor in return, yet know that by doing this favor you are helping us all. The Skoan-Quah are a peaceful people, yet we are all but shunned by our kin. Out willingness to mix with tshamek shames many of my brothers and sisters in the others quahs. Many, like the ones you met, Krojun. Only their respect for our tradition of guarding and protecting the dead of all Shoanti keep them from open hostility against us." he states flatly, with sadness in his eyes. "My words do not reach their ears when I advise against war on Korvosa for they hear tales of the city in flames, of it's king dead and of disease ravaging it's people so they see this as the time foretold. A time when the Shoanti can ride down from these burning lands and reclaim greener lands to the south, lands that were once ours."

"Yes war is not good for us. My brothers do not see that, even crippled, Korvosa remains a powerful enemy and from what you have told me, more dangerous than when I was last there with these iron women acting for the queen, Neolandus' story of her alleged allegencies with devils and a crown fashioned from a artifact my people guarded, but I have no knowledge of. They will not listen to tshamek, but it is best to make your enemies your friends, do you not think?" Thousand Bones gives a wink, again it seems hard to believe he is blind, despite his milky white eyes. "Yet my brothers do not listen to these words. They see weakness, they demand action. You come to me with a different favor. speak of what you wish of me and perhaps we may find our needs are the same."

At the end of this speech you can tell Ash Dancer and One-Life are listening intently on this conversation. Ash Dancer, being sure to only add the herbs when the mist thins too much.

The mist causes no in-game effects. It's like incense, it just makes you feel more relaxed but nothing more.


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

Well....we want to find out how to defeat and kill Queen Lleosa!
Maybe by finding out how she became so powerful would be helpful as well Thousand Bones.
Anything you can do to assist us would be helpful even if it is just where to find the Sun Shamnen.


Female Aasimar Cleric 9/Rogue 2) (HP: 93/93; AC: 25; FF: 21; Touch: 14

Llyra nods at Jerin's comments: Yes, we seek vengeance for the evils and harms that have been perpetrated by the queen and in the queen's name. I doubt that she is truly the one in control, although if this artifact crown is truly as powerful as I have heard she might be. But, the simple fact is that someone knew what the crown was, retrieved the crown from where it had lain for eons, and persuaded the queen to wear it and use it.

The Savored Sting is both the lady of vengeance and of lust. While I seek vengeance for what the queen has done to my home, I also wish that the city can be returned to a place where people may satisfy their lustful urges, without fear of the iron women striking them down. Without the evil that now inhabits the good city watching and manipulating that which is good and natural among all races of this land, human, dwarf, elf and shoanti.


not to mention how powerful such a crown must be.

"Alas, the Sun Shaman are part of the Sklar-Quah who dislike tshamek more than others. They were the first to suggest this war. The Sklar-Quah talk about what happened to us, as if it only just occured and if you were to approch their camp, they would attack you on sight." he states as he lets this mull over. "The memories of our people's easy life by the river poisons them. We have let the past die, but they continue to speak about how comfortable our life was. Food was plentiful, trees grew tall to shelter us from the world. Here we struggle in our hunt, ember storms sweep these lands, burning the flesh of any who do not take cover. Worst of all, Orcs hunt us for slaves, but as I repeat. We have let those memories die in the past, but the Sklar-Quah keep hold and if they see you the anger of what they lost will blind them in ignorance. The secrets you ask for, they will only share to those in the Quah and never has a Tshamek become a member of the Quah. Not since Skurak the Reborn."


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

How would one become a member of the Quah??? Can you share the story of Shurak?
If someone else from the outside has done it, then there is a chance that so can we...


Thousand Bones smiles enigmatically afor a instant before going on.
"The legend of Skurak is of a great warrior and greater traitor of the SKlar-Quah. He slew his brother, a brave of even greater courage. To the SKlar-Quah, family is purity. Crimes against the family are the greatest a man can commit. He claimed the death was by accident as he and his brother were hunting, but others spoke of murder spawned of jealous rage. Skurak was declared a tshamek by the Sun Shaman and cast out, but before Skurak left he said he would be born again and return to his tribe." he pauses for a moment and again gives a smile. "This he did. He went to the killing grounds of the great Cindermaw the Clam-Eater. Skurak walked up to the beast, carrying only his dagger. Without fear he dove inside the beast and cut his way out. He returned to the clan and declared he had been reborn and had left his misdeeds behind in the cleansing fire of Cindermaw's belly. The legend says the Sun Shaman accepted this and Skurak's time as a tshamek was spoken no more."


Male Human Wizard (FC) 11 - Enchanter

"This he did. He went to the killing grounds of the great Cindermaw the Clam-Eater." LOL...sorry I got a good chuckle out of that one...needed it!

So all of us need to be eaten by some beast to become part of the clan?


Jerin wrote:

"This he did. He went to the killing grounds of the great Cindermaw the Clam-Eater." LOL...sorry I got a good chuckle out of that one...needed it!

So all of us need to be eaten by some beast to become part of the clan?

damn typos

Thousand Bones nods his head.
"Perhaps, yet this route is more complex than you suspect. The Sklar-Quah would never believe the words of tshamek on such a matter, nor would they risk travel to the Feeding Grounds just to see foolish outlanders attempt to recreate legends. I could come with you, if my bones were not so tired, yet I am Skoan-Quah. My words would hold little light with the Sun Shaman, I fear."

then he appears to grow silent before Ash Dancer looks up and speaks for the first time during this exchange.
"They could bring a Truthspeaker, Thousand Bones." she simply states and at that Thousand Bones turns to her and gives a nod as he turns to the group. "Indeed, that may work."

51 to 100 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Aron Marczylo's Curse of the Crimson Throne Part 4 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.