Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company

Game Master Patrick Curtin

This campaign is my attempt to play a canonical Planescape campaign using the updated Pathfinder ruleset. The game actually predates the release of Pathfinder, but we have managed to update as we have needed.


151 to 200 of 12,219 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Greep and Mercutio excuse themselves before Renkar and Ffethpaar finish up their sparring, telling them they would reserve a good table for them for when they finished. Hunger drives them to the friendly confines of the Copper Cauldron Inn.

Bess and her brood are busy cleaning and cooking in anticipation of the Before Antipeak trade. Ramona gives Greep and Mercutio a table by the hearth and brings them both some cider and a large slice of fresh apple pie with a wedge of Bytopian red cheddar. Rolls, a pot of mustard and some ham shavings on a plate with pan gravy follow suit.

Mercutio squeeks and buzzes to his new friend in Draconic, asking him endless questions about Rearth and his adventures in the Silver Realm. If Greep asks about Mercutio's home, Mercutio becomes slightly downcast, saying only that bad folk had come through his forest and cut all the trees down.

The common area of the inn is quiet. There is a shabby-looking man sipping a mug of short beer at the bar, but he seems lost in his bub. An apprentice enters and picks up a wicker basket from Bess and departs, most likely taking a late lunch to his master. It's a very quiet and relaxing scene.
Thrugnipp:

Spoiler:

Thrugnipp, you can tell me whether you want to do anything or not. I know you don't have a lot of time to post (today is my day off which is why I have a little extra posting time) I didn't know if you wanted to visit your fishing buddy or not


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Spinner of Secrets wrote:

Veria's smile never falters, but Karrin senses a slight chill coming from her, like the finger of cold air that used to creep across the floor of the monastery when someone opened the door.

"No worries my darling pet. Trust is a difficult thing to earn in the Cage. Yer using yer brainbox keeping yer peepers peeled for a bob."

Karrin has a bit of difficulty following the Cant Veria spouts, but she decides the fiend is paying her a slight compliment.

"We have a saying in my homeland: 'The proper price for the proper item.' Say what you will about us devils, but we always give you your due."

Veria's smile widens a bit

"I'd charge any berk off the boulevard 75 Ladies for the props GP. If you will allow me, I will give you the friendly discount to 45 Ladies. As long as you promise to drop by when you are in the neighborhood sometime."

the thread monster tried to eat this post, I went into Karrin's recent posts and edited it, now it's showing up . . . but for how long . . .

Karrin looks into her coin purse, frowns, then glances up at the devil, "I'm afraid I'm a little short at the moment, but I'm gainfully employed and a job should be coming through soon, I'll be back when I can pay the full price. Thank you for your time," Karrin says nodding towards the devil, "perhaps Sigil is the type of place were one's old alliances and prejudices can be forgotten, but I'm afraid I'm not quite ready to accept that yet. I'm sorry if you feel I'm insulting you, but I was told by someone I love to be wary of devils, and his advise is all that I have to remember him by . . . and for that reason alone I'm not willing to throw his advise away."

Karrin glances from Veria to Zigel, "I hope you can understand. I wouldn't want you to think me rude or needlessly cruel . . ."


Female "Normal Housecat" (honest!) Rogue 3

The small cat skitters away and dives for a good hiding place with a small angry hiss in Mr. Sage's direction. Her tail twitching angrily from side to side she watches the tall man through narrowed amber eyes, this really was no life for such a sweet child, Emelia needed freedom she's sure of it.

Crouching low to the ground she watches the pair of humanoids with an angry 'murr' sound. Claws digging into the ground beneath her she waits patiently, biding her time and trying to come up with plans to help the young girl, at least a little.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Ffethpaar thanks Renkar for the offer. "I have an errand I must do first, but I will join you there after, if you have not yet finished."

Finding a quiet place he sits and composes the letter he has been meaning to write for some months now. Then leaves to find Bedlar.

"Bedlar I require your wisdom. I have asked several folk here if there is any way to send a message to my home but meet mostly with blank looks. Can you tell me truthfully if there is such a way?"

EDIT: I can't even spell the names I make up! It is, of course Bedlar, not Beldar. Well done to those of you who spotted it.


Karrin Kind wrote:
Karrin looks into her coin purse, frowns, then glances up at the devil, "I'm afraid I'm a little short at the moment, but I'm gainfully employed and a job should be coming through soon, I'll be back when I can pay the full price. Thank you for your time," Karrin says nodding towards the devil, "perhaps Sigil is the type of place were one's old alliances and prejudices can be forgotten, but I'm afraid I'm not quite ready to accept that yet. I'm sorry if you feel I'm insulting you, but I was told by someone I love to be wary of devils, and his advise is all that I have to remember him by . . . and for that reason alone I'm not willing to throw his advise away."

Veria laughs when Karrin is through with her spiel, the rich dark sound pleasant, but slightly mocking in tone.

"My dear, don't fear insulting me. I have thicker skin then that."

Veria leans across the counter towards Karrin, her musky perfume with its subtle suphur undertone filling Karrin's nostrils again. Her golden wing bells gently chime as she fluffs her dark leathery wings out wide behind her. Her large dark eyes seem to swallow Karrin whole as she runs the tips of her forked tounge along her red lips.

"Besides my pet, when I take offense, it will be all too obvious."

The tension builds and there seems to be a dimming of the light for just a moment. Then Veria leans back and lowers her wings, becoming all smiles again.

"Don't be embarrassed about being wary of devils, sweety. I am wary of devils and I AM one!"

Her laughter rings out again, rich as cream, dark as sin.


Hanali Hal'Oight wrote:

"I guess it is nearing the time to be getting back Eir. Is there anything you would like to do before we return?"

"It's lunchtime."


Ffethpaar wrote:

Ffethpaar thanks Renkar for the offer. "I have an errand I must do first, but I will join you there after, if you have not yet finished."

Finding a quiet place he sits and composes the letter he has been meaning to write for some months now. Then leaves to find Beldar.

"Beldar I require your wisdom. I have asked several folk here if there is any way to send a message to my home but meet mostly with blank looks. Can you tell me truthfully if there is such a way?"

Ffethpaar makes his way to the Market Ward as the bright light of Peak starts to gently mellow. A beggar or two accost him, but he is stolid in his purpose, and the beggars don't push the issue. He sees another Lizardman, but he is a strange tribe, one with vermillion and purple scales and strange eyes that swivel almost independently of each other on small turrets of flesh. He greets the stranger in Draconic, but the stranger returns the greeting with a blank stare.

Ffethpaar arrives at the crowded stalls of the Great Bazaar. The market is never truly quiet, but there is a certain lassitude at this hour that allows the shaman to wend his way to Bedlar's stall with a minimum of fuss.

Bedlar Thork runs what the Cagers call a Stall-Combo. He has a wooden stall set up in front of his small kip, which tunnels into the pediment of a large warehouse. His front area is lined with shiny lures and exotic fishing poles of all descriptions. A bariaur is trying out a large surf-casting rod as FFethpaar approaches, then he puts it back and wanders on.

When his prospective customer leaves, Bedlar notices his friend. The sturdy dwarf is dressed the part, in a battered lure-strewn hat with a floppy brim and a vest festooned with other lures and pouches. They chat a moment, and Ffethpaar asks his question. Bedlar scratches his head for a moment.

"Well Ffeth, I would say yeh could try Alluvius Ruskin, she runs Tivvums Antiques, a shop that sells portal darks and keys right down the way. Yeh can just see it from here. It's that huge five-story-tall green marble cylinder tower down about four blocks. Which Ffethpaar has indeed noticed before, being a striking building even in a city of striking buildings. I'd be peery of her though. That cutter'd bob you and make yeh ask for a second whirl.

Then there's Lissandra the Gate-Seeker. Chant on the street is she'll give yeh the dark on any portal she knows fer nought but a future favor. Peery coves know that can be the most expensive jink of all. Yeh can find her all around here, she don't keep kip publicly, but she's always around if'n yeh ask about."

Bedlar looks around for a moment and whispers to Ffethpaar.

"Speakin' of gates, did yeh give any thought to the fishin' trip I proposed?"

LOL I reedit my posts all the time. It's the Editor Syndrome: Bad grammar kills me


Blacky wrote:

The small cat skitters away and dives for a good hiding place with a small angry hiss in Mr. Sage's direction. Her tail twitching angrily from side to side she watches the tall man through narrowed amber eyes, this really was no life for such a sweet child, Emelia needed freedom she's sure of it.

Crouching low to the ground she watches the pair of humanoids with an angry 'murr' sound. Claws digging into the ground beneath her she waits patiently, biding her time and trying to come up with plans to help the young girl, at least a little.

The angular Mr. Sage berates young Emelia for neglecting her duties, admonishes her that bad little girls end up being eaten by monsters, then disappears back into the shadowy recesses of the crumbling red-stone tenement.

Emelia turns to her washboard and begins to scrub the grey laundry once again. Blacky/Bunnykins can see the sparkle of tears standing in her small eyes.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2
Eir Haakonen wrote:


"It's lunchtime."

Hanali rises up from her seat.

"My Gods, so it is! We should get a bite before rejoining our companions. Chirper's is close to here, and they have the most lovely menu!"

Hanali stretches a hand to Eir.

"Shall we?"


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1
Spinner of Secrets wrote:


"Well Ffeth, I would say yeh could try Alluvius Ruskin, she runs Tivvums Antiques, a shop that sells portal darks and keys right down the way. Yeh can just see it from here. It's that huge five-story-tall green marble cylinder tower down about four blocks. Which Ffethpaar has indeed noticed before, being a striking building even in a city of striking buildings. I'd be peery of her though. That cutter'd bob you and make yeh ask for a second whirl.

Then there's Lissandra the Gate-Seeker. Chant on the street is she'll give yeh the dark on any portal she knows fer nought but a future favor. Peery coves know that can be the most expensive jink of all. Yeh can find her all around here, she don't keep kip publicly, but ahe's always around if'n yeh ask about."

Bedlar looks around for a moment and whispers to Ffethpaar.

"Speakin' of gates, did yeh give any thought to the fishin' trip I proposed?"

Looking up at the marble cylinder Ffethpaar has second thoughts about the letter. It is not right that I should try to be 'peery' today. Writing the letter has taken it's toll. Perhaps another day. I shall definitely send it another day.

Then at Bedlar's question he remembers guiltily that he was supposed to give him an answer yesterpeak, but the new post with the Silver Rose put it out of his mind.

"Please pardon me for my tardy reply. I would, of course, like to go fishing with you. It is always a joy and good company makes it more so. Perhaps after my current errand with the Silver Rose is complete...?"


Female "Normal Housecat" (honest!) Rogue 3
Spinner of Secrets wrote:

The angular Mr. Sage berates young Emelia for neglecting her duties, admonishes her that bad little girls end up being eaten by monsters, then disappears back into the shadowy recesses of the crumbling red-stone tenement.

Emelia turns to her washboard and begins to scrub the grey laundry once again. Blacky/Bunnykins can see the sparkle of tears standing in her small eyes.

Mewing sadly the small cat rushes over to the small girl, only able to offer a small amount of comfort in her current form. Keeping an eye out for the dark, and frankly infuriating, Mr. Sage she curls up next to Emelia. Her whiskers twitching she nuzzles the girl.

After the briefest of moments her mind begins to wander, thinking up plans to get the girl away from this life. Wide, amber eyes surveying her enviroment she appraises their surroundings trying to work out the best way to sneak a child out.

Spoiler:
Spot check (1d20+8=27) - She's looking over security, if any, on doors and windows for if she goes on an anti-peak raid of the place and the situation with walls/razorvine for the yard, in case she decides to be impulsive and do something very stupid very soon ;)


Ffethpaar wrote:

"Please pardon me for my tardy reply. I would, of course, like to go fishing with you. It is always a joy and good company makes it more so. Perhaps after my current errand with the Silver Rose is complete...?"

Bedlar smiles.

"Course, course my friend. Business first. Reserve a day fer me an' I'll show yeh my best kept secret."

Bedlar claps Fftehpaar on the back

"We're gonna catch some real prize-winners ... you'll see!"

I will assume you chat for a bit and then head back unless you wish to ask Bedlar any further questions or do a little exploring


Hanali Hal'Oight wrote:


"Shall we?"

"We shall."

Imagine a woman in black leather with two sabers and a whip enjoying some lady's time out on the town.... Only in Sigil. "May I take your whip, maam?"


Blacky wrote:


Mewing sadly the small cat rushes over to the small girl, only able to offer a small amount of comfort in her current form. Keeping an eye out for the dark, and frankly infuriating, Mr. Sage she curls up next to Emelia. Her whiskers twitching she nuzzles the girl.

After the briefest of moments her mind begins to wander, thinking up plans to get the girl away from this life. Wide, amber eyes surveying her enviroment she appraises their surroundings trying to work out the best way to sneak a child out.

Emelia doesn't stop scrubbing, but she occasionally lets her hand drop to gently stroke the dark cat's fur. She occasionally glances back to the tenement, but Mr. Sage does not reappear.

Spoiler:
You cast your experienced eye around the building. It is made of crumbling porous red sandstone, so it would be fairly easy to climb. There are large rents and cracks in the stone you can see. The razorvine is rank across the walls, the glossy black foliage creeping up two stories of the three story tenement. The small windows you can see all have rusting iron bars, but one has only half its normal amount. The sill looks broken away and the bars must have fallen out. This is on the second floor. The doorway Mr Sage emerged from seems to be warded by a stout oaken door with blackened iron fittings. It looks like the roof has a widow's walk on it, you can see an iron railing leaning slightly out from the rooftop. The courtyard wall itself is easy to mount, but only rises 10 feet, or to the top of the first floor. It too is covered in razorvine.

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE
Eir Haakonen wrote:

Imagine a woman in black leather with two sabers and a whip enjoying some lady's time out on the town.... Only in Sigil. "May I take your whip, maam?"

heh. You are a vanilla smoothie in Sigil Eir. This is the gonzo bigtime.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Hoping he hasn't missed everybody, Ffethparr makes his way back to the Copper Cauldron wondering if there will be fish on the menu. Remembering the succulent spinebacks of his native home the thought occurs that there might be a trade opportunity for his tribe here. But no, they would not want to travel so far.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Karrin says her goodbyes and quickly leaves the shop. The devil had seemed nice enough, but that's what they're good at: tricking people. Zigel was her new friend, and he was a tiefling like herself. Karrin had seen many tiefling sense coming to Sigil but she remembered her father’s warnings about them, that the vast majority were tainted by their fiendish blood, but Zigel seemed a soul somewhat akin to her own . . . and that made him a rare breed . . . Karrin really didn't want to risk offending him. He was one of the few of her kind that Karrin felt she could trust.

Karrin quickly made her way back to the old warehouse/ silver rose company, first looking for her cat (which Swift had promised to fetch), and then failing to do that, Karrin moved into the sparing room. Something was bothering her, like an itch you couldn't scratch, and Karrin felt a sure unease falling over her. Sometimes when it was going to storm the animals in the barns would get all worked up, Brother Tom would claim he could feel bad weather in his bones, perhaps this was something like that, something in the air that she was feeling.

Karrin grabbed something wooden and heavy from the weapon's wrack and advanced menisingly on one of the poor unsuspecting combat dummies.

'How dare Zigel suggest that I'm related to devils' Karrin thought, as she began swatting at the dummy, 'I'm not evil, and I always try to tell the truth. I go to confessions when I can, I never swear, and I always say my prayers. If I were a devil I wouldn't be doing any of that.'

'Why did Veria act as if she knew me,' Karrin wondered, as she began smashing the dummy with vicious two handed chops, 'she tried to hide it but I saw. Maybe the two of them are in cahoots,' she thought as a nasty grimace settled on her face, anyone stumbling across the usually happy go lucky tiefling with this look of murder on her face would be very nervous indeed, 'she pretends to know me and then Zigel let's it slip that we might be related? Perhaps they think that it's some kind of joke? Perhaps they're looking to have a little fun at the clueless burt's expense? Maybe they're running some kind of a scam . . .'

The wooden supports holding the dummy up begin to creek in protest as Karrin's powerful blows continue to rain down on the defenseless dummy.

'Perhaps it's something else,' Karrin thinks as a thin sheen of sweat begins to build on her body, 'devil will continue to play their games no doubt even if what Zigel said is true about Sigil. She seemed awful anxious to make a gift of something, so I'd feel indebted to her, and that's even after I told her I'd pay full price. Then there was that business about a discount . . . she wants to gain my trust . . . but why? To what nefarious end? I don't like assuming the worst in people, father always said that was against my nature, but I can't help it. I can't bring myself to see past her blood. Not yet . . .'

Karrin's brought back to reality with the sound of wood cracking and splintering. The wooden frame had given way and the poor battered combat dummy is finally able to crumple to the floor.

"Oops," Karrin says.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

After agreeing to Hanali's proposal, the two return to their lockers, don their street gear and make their way to the plaza in front of the Great Gymnasium. There are about three hours left before your return is set (3 P.M.) and the light of Peak is mellowing as Sigil slides towards night.

Noresh is awaiting you, a mug of cider in his hand as he chats up the drink vendor, a girl in scanty costume with a barrel strapped to a donkey at her side. He gulps the mug down says his farewells to the vendor and falls in with you. Hanali looks over at you.

"Really no need of a palanquin for this trip Eir, Chirper's is fairly close."

The two of you strike towards the Great Bazaar, Noresh following a pace behind. The Ciphers are all around you, laughing and often spontainiously kissing, fighting or singing together. They are a handsome athletic lot for the most part, their faction house a testament to clean well-groomed living.

A huge winged figure casts a shadow over you. An 8' tall being with heroic features and an impressive wingspan flys off on some errand. A small spiny creature shreiks for a corner alley as the figure flys overhead spitting curses in Abyssal.

::Filthy Deva! A pox on your wingfeathers!::

After a pleasant stroll you approach an enormous edifice. A small line has formed outside of it, but Hanali sweeps past it with nary a glance at the aggreived patrons. Noresh fades to an area outside where other men-at-arms wait.

At the door are a pair of spiky-armor clad Mercykiller troopers scowling at the crowd in line. Hanali walks up to them and says something indistinct to one of them and they part to let you both in.

As you enter you notice an immense bronze eagle glaring down from above the doors to the dining room. A brace of coat-check beings descend on you, relieving you of your outer cloaks and cutlery and giving you a receipt.Yes Kruelaid this IS manditory

Although this time of Peak would be dead in any other inn, Chirper's is quite busy. The clientele is quite varied as well. There is a posting for something called the Seawind Theater, with acts going onstage every hour, admission to the events included in the meal purchase. Hanali approaches a bariaur dressed in a weskit standing behind a podium. The bariaur smiles unctuosly as she approaches, greeting her by name. He snaps his fingers and a waiter rushes forward to lead you to your table.

As you enter the main dining hall, Eir is impressed by the size of the establishment. There are almost a hundred tables for dining, an island bar and a dancing area to the rear. A double door in the back is labeled the Seawind Theater. Several small shops are lined up at the side of this immense inn, offering portraits, flowers, haircuts, and various other amenities someone on the town might need. huge fires roar at several hearths, small boys spinning large roasts on spits within them.

Eir's eye is drawn to three 20-foot-diameter crystal spheres set in the center back of the dining area. A crowd of chatting guests surrounds them. The three spheres each hold an exotic animal. One has a large midnight black cat that seems to be made of living stone. It prowls its cage incessantly. Another holds a large butterfly/bat hybrid that seems to have wings of molten metal. The third holds a creature that is mostly one large eye with bat wings. Just behind the spheres is a set of two doors above which is a sign reading 'Skull Museum'.

Eir and Hanali are seated and given wine and food menus. The waiters seem especially anxious to please. Hanali orders a a mulberry vine salad, Niffhelm Stag cutlet with Shurrock mushroom cream sauce and a glass of Lunia Shiraz.

The menu is extensive Eir, feel free to order whatever you wish.


"I'll have the Catoblepas cheese salad, please."

Eir eats quietly, soaking up the atmosphere and silently measuring the ethical dimensions of the contract.


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

Zigel walks the city, taking in the sites of the great bazaar kratos trailing behind him, "karrien is gonna have a rough time adjusting to the city" he thinks to himself,stopping to browse some smoke weed, finding some to his likening , he purchases some loads his pipe and enjoys the aroma of the smoke weed "still I should have known how veria could have been a shock to the poor clueless lass,the cage is a big change for the poor clueless most ending up in the dead book for being leatherheaded. " passing a vendor of sweets he stops and buys some rolls for kratos " your gonna be a fat dog soon ya know that ya basher" He says to the tail wagging dog as he wolfs down the rolls,looking over the assortment of sweets he thinks to himself "may be I should pick the lass up a treat ,she seemed confused and angry when she left" making his mind up he picks 3 filled sweet cakes rolled in paper and places then in his pocket. looking down to kratos he says"now lets go find the lass and make nice ,A kratos"Whistling a ditty Zigel makes his way back to the silver rose HQ.


Kratos fallowed zigel thought the bustling streets ,he liked the rain he liked veria to she gave him rolls even if she smelled all brimstony with flowers.he knew the red girl was upset he could smell her fear,it was thick he didnt know why .two leggers where funny critters he thought. He wolfed down the rolls zigel gave him. "fat dog huh, the red girl eats like a whole pack and i'm gonna get fat, truly two leggers are an odd breed"


Ffethpaar wrote:
Hoping he hasn't missed everybody, Ffethparr makes his way back to the Copper Cauldron wondering if there will be fish on the menu. Remembering the succulent spinebacks of his native home the thought occurs that there might be a trade opportunity for his tribe here. But no, they would not want to travel so far.

Ffethpaar makes his way back towards Copper Court after chatting with his friend Bedlar a bit more. The hour is growing later, and the light is definitely dimming from the brightest level it held during Peak. Sigil's other side merges into a grey arch in the distance, a few early blooms of light appear on the far side of the Cage, looking to Ffethpaar like weak stars.

The ubiquitous Cage Fog is reappearing as the light diminishes, making the broad avenue of Copperman Way indistinct. The crowd begins to be speckled with denizens of the Lower Planes; Tanarr'i, Baatorians, Yuguloths all hurrying on whatever fell errands they have at the beginning of their active cycle.

Ffethpaar returns to the Silver Rose offices. He hears the sounds of someone smashing and crashing something in the excercise room. There is a sudden crash as something clatters to the ground.


Karrin Kind wrote:
Oops," Karrin says.

The destruction of the dummy brings Karrin out of the fugue state she had entered thinking about the strange interaction with the devil Veria. As she falls silent she hears someone moving in the entry hallway of the building.


Zigel and Kratos stroll along the varied vendors and shops that line the streets leading from the Civic Festhall to Copper Court. The streets are alive with action, and for Kratos it is a puppy paradise, full of interesting smells and things to roll in.

The Civic Festhall crowds of Sensates slowly fade out into the more merchant-oriented businesses of the Market Ward. Wandering merchants attempt to sell Zigel all manner of items: Flowers, charms, broadsheets of 'valuable darks of the Cage', and a dozen other geegaws.

Zigel and Kratos eventually turn down Copper Court. The street is quiet, a few tenement dwellers fill jugs at the fountain, preparing for evening meals. The Copper Cauldron is looing lively, its door open halfway. Zigel is just in time to see Ffethpaar enter the Silver Rose, but not close enough to catch his attention. He hurries to the door and opens it just as a large crash startles him and Kratos both.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2
Eir Haakonen wrote:

"I'll have the Catoblepas cheese salad, please."

Eir eats quietly, soaking up the atmosphere and silently measuring the ethical dimensions of the contract.

The waiter bows and scrapes obsiqiously, and before Eir has much time to ponder the contract a large salad plate with some rich-smelling cottage cheese-type of topping a selection of fresh greenery arrives for her, accompanied by a glass of white wine of a vintage Hanali had suggested.

Hanali looks up from her meal, violet eyes questioning.

"You have been awfully silent my dear. Is there anything bothering you?"


"For one, in situations such as ours this morning, I always assume that I haven't been told the entire truth. That aside, it's not that something is bothering me. It's that I'm thinking of the possibilities of where this contract might go. But I guess I've run it pretty well to the end of every avenue I can without seeing what's really going on."

She trails off and after a few moments waves her hand to the back.

"You wouldn't know what those creatures are, back there, would you?"


Renkar joins Greep and Mercutio in the Copper Cauldron.

"Hello friends. Ffethpaar had an appointemnt, but he will join us later. I am hungry, is there some of that ham left Ramona?"

The three spend a good part of the Afterpeak swapping stories and playing darts (which is quite a laugh when it is Mercutio's turn!). They drink, but sparringly and only short beer. Mercutio works his way through most of an apple pie as the Afterpeak wears on, his reptilian eyes becoming heavier and heavier as time goes on. Eventually, the tired Faerie Dragon drops off at the hearth's front, snoring and twitching his orange butterfly wings.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2
Eir Haakonen wrote:

"For one, in situations such as ours this morning, I always assume that I haven't been told the entire truth. That aside, it's not that something is bothering me. It's that I'm thinking of the possibilities of where this contract might go. But I guess I've run it pretty well to the end of every avenue I can without seeing what's really going on."

She trails off and after a few moments waves her hand to the back.

"You wouldn't know what those creatures are, back there, would you?"

Hanali smiles at Eir

"You wouldn't be a peery cutter if you didn't smell the fish to see if it is fresh. Ol' Porky is a terrible bore, and I'm sure that under Sigilian law the Goblins are really doing nothing wrong, but as a new company we have to take our salt where we can Hanali's lips quirk at her feeble pun. Besides, this kind of contract can make our names in the merchant set. Believe me, I run in that circle, it's hard to break in."

Hanali dabs her lips with a linen napkin.

"As for the animals, I'm not sure. The management switches them out all the time. Would you like to take a look at them?"


Hanali Hal'Oight wrote:


"As for the animals, I'm not sure. The management switches them out all the time. Would you like to take a look at them?"

"No thanks. I have an aversion to the imprisonment of either myself or others."


neuter Robbit (variant halfling with reptilian appearence) Rogue2 / Wizard (transmuter) 1

At some point in the afternoons conversation, Greep will offer to assist Renkar with any paperwork for the Company. He does not push, but would like to keep his professional skills in use.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Spinner of Secrets wrote:
Karrin Kind wrote:
Oops," Karrin says.
The destruction of the dummy brings Karrin out of the fugue state she had entered thinking about the strange interaction with the devil Veria. As she falls silent she hears someone moving in the entry hallway of the building.

Karrin gasps in surprise and attempts to quickly fix the dummy.


taking off running to find the noise Kratos bolts into the training room looking about for enemy's .He tilts his head to the side as he sees the red girl trying to put back together a broken wood thing.seeing no danger he sits on his hind legs tilting his head to the side and thinks to himself "Two leggers really are a queer lot ."


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

Fallowing close behind kratos while running though a list of spells in his mind.Zigel comes upon a scene of karrin trying to fix a broken dummy "taking out to much anger there cutter" taking in the damage Zigel flashes karrien a smile "Don't ya worry now lass ,we all need to let it out fo' it busts the brainbox A' cutter " Walking to the dummy he sizes it up "Now hold it still cutter or it'll be all bent " zigel runs his hands across the broken dummy chanting words under his breath ,each time his hands pass over a section it pulls itself back together. Splinters and brakes meld back into the wood flowing like water to rejoin where they were. after a few minuets Zigel stops chanting and looks up from the unblemished dummy .smiling to the tifling he says.
"See lass good as new ." Looking karrin in the face he says "Lass I'm sorry bout today didnt think about how much a shock veria would be to a clueless cutter.After a while in the cage ya tend to forget how shocking it is for clueless" digging into his pocket he brings forth 3 berry filled honey rolls "Peace offing A' cutter"

Man this oth level spell at will stuff sooo kicks ass


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Glancing at Zigel and Kratos, he follows them in to the exercise room to observe a rather embarrased Karrin trying to repair an obviously broken dummy. Some kind of tension seems to erupt between Zigel and Karrin although not really being able to read teiflings this might just be how they behave together. The rolls he offers seem very much like a peace offering though.

I ought to say something. I will feel bad if I just leave

In Draconic (which is a much better language for dry humour than common)
::It seems we must tell Renkar he has substandard exercise equipment. Come, I think he is at the Copper Cauldron::


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Zigel Za Elric wrote:

Fallowing close behind kratos while running though a list of spells in his mind.Zigel comes upon a scene of karrin trying to fix a broken dummy "taking out to much anger there cutter" taking in the damage Zigel flashes karrien a smile "Don't ya worry now lass ,we all need to let it out fo' it busts the brainbox A' cutter " Walking to the dummy he sizes it up "Now hold it still cutter or it'll be all bent " zigel runs his hands across the broken dummy chanting words under his breath ,each time his hands pass over a section it pulls itself back together. Splinters and brakes meld back into the wood flowing like water to rejoin where they were. after a few minuets Zigel stops chanting and looks up from the unblemished dummy .smiling to the tifling he says.

"See lass good as new ." Looking karrin in the face he says "Lass I'm sorry bout today didnt think about how much a shock veria would be to a clueless cutter.After a while in the cage ya tend to forget how shocking it is for clueless" digging into his pocket he brings forth 3 berry filled honey rolls "Peace offing A' cutter"

"I'm sorry too," Karrin says taking one of the sweet cakes and popping it into her mouth, "she was your friend and you took me to meet her and I was very rude. Plus I think I kinda threatened you and stuff, I think I have an open mind for people, but I'm just not ready for devils . . . at least not without some kind of warning. I promise I'll be better behaved if we ever go back."

Karrin looks at newly repaired combat dummy. "Must have been shoddy workmanship, what kind of combat dummy can't stand up to an hour of constant pounding? I was only starting to work up a sweat. Maybe we should head out for lunch, I could use a run first though, want to race over?" Suddenly Ffethpaar announces that Renkar wants them at the Copper Cauldron, "Oh boy! Three way race! Last one over is a rotten egg!"

Karrin suddenly charges (any unfortunate caught in her path might get bowled over):

Karrin runs at full speed till she hits flat level ground, then she uses a swift expeditious retreat and a full run (or a double move) to quickly cover the distance. Should anyone try to pass her Karrin is very quick to use elbows or her hips to knock the competition out of the running. Think roller-derby only without all those pesky rules or protective gear.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Ffethpaar makes the third impulsive decision he has ever made in his life by joining in the race.


F Aasimar Rog/Mnk 2/2

Hanali smiles wryly.

"At least the animals get let off after a few weeks of exhibition. Some beings never break free. "

Hanali doesn't offer anything further on the subject. As the women eat their (very tasty) meals, several patrons come over to pay their respects to Hanali. She introduces Eir to several of them, and there are several richly-dressed young men that catch her eye around the dinig hall. The crowd thickens as time pushes on.

Eventually Hanali finishes her meal and looks at you.

"Well that was delicious. We must be heading towards Before Antipeak now, we should really start back to Renkar."

If there is anything else you want to do Eir, say it.


Greep wrote:

At some point in the afternoons conversation, Greep will offer to assist Renkar with any paperwork for the Company. He does not push, but would like to keep his professional skills in use.

Renkar smiles at Greep when he makes that offer

"Fantastic! I have no head for accounting or ledgers. I thought perhaps Hanali could take some over, but I don't know how willing she is."

Qadira

DO NOT STICK FINGERS IN CAGE

I'm guessing you three can RP out the race yerself. I've got to punch out early, might creep on later, but have a lot of work to do.


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Ffethpaar wrote:
Ffethpaar makes the third impulsive decision he has ever made in his life by joining in the race.

Karrin howls with laughter once she realizes that someone is chasing after her, however her attempts to win are bone jarringly serious!

I'm going to say that the race has 3 legs:
1) out of the building. Down a flight of stairs, down a hallway, and through the doors. 15 feet down the stairs, 15 down the hallway, and move action to open the door. There's no room to pass.

2) to the fountain. This is the halfway point, it's 60ft to the fountain, but the alleyway is narrow, and there's only room for two people to stand side by side.

3) the street. This area is wide open and their's only 60 more feet to the restaurant . . . the only problem is that there's pedestrians, wagons, and sedan chairs everywhere. Players roll 1d6 every 20ft, on a roll of 6 the next 20 feet is considered difficult terrain.

Karrin gets to go first (seeing as she has surprise) she runs down the stars, down the hallway and opens the door. Moving through an allies' square is normally perfectly safe, but Karrin is all elbows and hips, and you'll need a successful bull rush or overrun to get through Karrin's square.

we'll roll for initiative every leg of the race. first person to travel the last 60 feet wins.


Male Lizardfolk Lizardfolk/2, Cleric/1

Initiative roll stage 1 of race. (1d20+1=13).

Ffethpaar joins the chase.

Seeing Karrin ahead of him, he attempts to save time by leaping the second half of the stairs (7' 6" feet down) and landing running.

Jump and run. (1d20+9=16) Not sure what this would indicate, but I geuss at least Ffethparr didn't fall over, possibly even caught up a little...[Edit: Actually the roll is 18, because it should have been 1d20+11 - still don't know what it means...].

Observing how difficult it might be to actually overtake her at the moment, he just concentrates on catching up and watching for his opportunity should it come later.

If Karrin is taking a move action to open the door, I guess that would allow even more catching up.

Ffethpaar will attempt to reach the door before she has a chance to shut it in his face and so avoid having to open it himself. He has also realised that there might be a third competitor and tries to listen out for him if he can.

My oh may, look at the time! sleep calls I'll see if I'm still in the race tomorrow.


Loving a good chases kratos bolts.initiative 16

running with all his strength and speed[MV40] leaping down the stairs 19

Bulling past karrin [over run 21 both others need to make opposed rolls]and rushing out the door in a dead run[160'].


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

shaking his head at the foolishness "barmy clueless " he says to himself as he starts after his wayward familer


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade
Kratos wrote:

Loving a good chases kratos bolts.initiative 16

running with all his strength and speed[MV40] leaping down the stairs 19

Bulling past karrin [over run 21 both others need to make opposed rolls]and rushing out the door in a dead run[160'].

I'm not sure about the jump checks (or if it's even possible)

Karrin makes it to the door and opens it, and then is surprised as a dog plows into her!

Normally karrin would reward her attacker with an elbow to the face, but seeing as this is a dog, I'll say karrin is completely blindsided. Karrin doesn't take any attacks of opportunities.

apposed roll (1d20 6=9)
Kratos needs to beat a 9 to get past Karrin, a 14 or better will send her to the floor!


Kratos got a 21 on his roll its in my post just click on 21 up there it'll show it.that beats karrins DC by more then 5 ..to the floor shes going. We do need to see Ffethpaar roll however if kratos got past him not sure if yall can catch him

Taldor

Male hu-man Paladin
Kratos wrote:
Kratos got a 21 on his roll its in my post just click on 21 up there it'll show it.that beats karrins DC by more then 5 ..to the floor shes going

you need to hit first, I'd forgotten about that, and seeing as your attack and CMB is basically the same we'll just take your first roll as the attack roll. 21 is good enough to hit Karrin. Then you do opposed rolls. Kratos only needs to roll a 7 or better to blow past Karrin (as a tie goes to Karrin), 11 or better to knock her down.


Guy Humual wrote:
Kratos wrote:
Kratos got a 21 on his roll its in my post just click on 21 up there it'll show it.that beats karrins DC by more then 5 ..to the floor shes going
you need to hit first, I'd forgotten about that, and seeing as your attack and CMB is basically the same we'll just take your first roll as the attack roll. 21 is good enough to hit Karrin. Then you do opposed rolls. Kratos only needs to roll a 7 or better to blow past Karrin (as a tie goes to Karrin), 11 or better to knock her down.

OPPS forgot that 2 rolls oh here we go****his roll

[ooc]
sad part is when the real fighting starts I dont think it'll go this well


female Tiefling 9th level Duskblade

Karrin gets launched into the alley by Kratos, Kratos stays on his feet, Karrin does not.

Karrin starts the next leg on the ground.

initiative (1d20 3=4)

Wow Karrin's rolling bad


Male Tiefling Invoker/3rd

Looking over the railing as he sees kratos bolt out of the door he just shakes his head . stops and lights his pipe the walks down the stairs


Back to a more normal number 11 it seems

Kratos feels the wind of the ally on him as he bounds toward the fountain at a dead run[still run x4 160 ft]

151 to 200 of 12,219 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chronicles of the Silver Rose Company All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.