Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Chimera Squadron Gameplay (Inactive)

Game Master Tanis Newlun


1 to 50 of 180 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Here is a link back to the main page, for your conveninence...


Sleeping, sleeping, POW, you wake with a start, as your bedroll is ripped out from under you, you instantly feel the cold, morning air against your skin,
"I said get up, maggot!" yells a mans voice, you quickly look up to see a short stocky man, wearing very intricate leather armor,
"Well?" he booms, for such a small man, it's strange the strength his voice suggests, he quickly starts walking off, without most of you, at least, the four of you, today was the day for your first mission, you quickly get up, dress, and grab your gear, to follow the man to a large tent.
Once inside, the man wastes no time at all.
"Sittown', Quick!" he yells.
"Lemme just explain your easy mission, and you can be off, our scouts say that there are enemy forces moving into a nearby, forsaken sentry tower, we want you to waltz in, kill em', and look for anything of interest, GO!" He booms, as he shoos out of the tent, once out, he points north.
"That way, two miles, GO, Run!" he yells, he obviously wants you to go...


Re-dotting


Female Dwarf 1 / Cleric {HP 10/10 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD14 | F/R/W 5/3/6}
Chimera Squadron GM wrote:
"I said get up, maggot!"

Agota glared at the man's back as he moved down the line waking her companions, I'd like to show you why me brothers call me 'Punch'. She stood and shook at the stiffness in her limbs before dragging on her armor and scooping up her gear. She followed along with her companions to the large tent.

"I sure hope there's breakfast in there."
Chimera Squadron GM wrote:
"That way, two miles, GO, Run!" he yells, he obviously wants you to go...

"So. No breakfast then?" With a heavy sigh she shouldered her pack and set off trotting 'that way'.

No breakfast, sleeping on rocks, and a girl can't even take her morning wee. They sure know how to put me in a proper fighting mood.


Male Human Musket Master 1 {HP 11/11 | AC18 FF14 T14 CMD16 | F/R/W 3/6/2}

Vayden was accoustomed to a soldier's alarm, it kept you alive when necessary. He was up, dressed and armed in quick time and out to the tent. "I wouldn't count on it. Least not for us."

As the commander gives them their mission, he listens, searching for the meaning behind his words. "They don't always give us the full story, them officers. Gotta figure it out, learn to keep yourself alive." One of his pappy's favorite sayings, and here it was clear. They didn't know nothin', and they were the expendables set to find out, and just maybe succeed.

Leaving the tent when ordered, he steps in line with the dwarven cleric. "I expect in another hour none of us will be missing it much, lass. Either we'll have our fill or we won't be needin' it."


Pikrak was accustomed to the harsh discipline and wasn't one to question orders. As he ran northward, listening to the rhythm of gear jumping up and down in the backpack, he kept wondering: "Who gave every sergeant in the world the idea that calling people maggots raises their morale?"


Outpost Map

Deploying Dot


Male Tiefling Ninja 1

Di was already awake, arising in the predawn darkness that was his favorite time to meditate. He was therefore all ready to move when the officer yelled at him. He deftly snatched up his blade and joined the others. Upon getting their orders he jogged out of the tent, until he was well out of sight, the slowed to a walk.

"Shall I scout ahead some, or do we want to all stick together?"


Male Human Musket Master 1 {HP 11/11 | AC18 FF14 T14 CMD16 | F/R/W 3/6/2}

"Three things are needed to win wars. Good soldiers, better weapons, and information. Don't think it needs to be mentioned, but watch yerself. And no heroics, they'll get ya killed faster than anything."


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

Surprisingly, the sergeant's bellowing came as a welcome clamor from a troubling sleep - a vision of flame and screaming. As he dressed, the harried look quickly was replaced by a quiet assurance of what was coming.

Keeping to himself, the half-elf trailed behind the rest of the group - taking in the sites and sounds of the camp and his new squadmates.

He continued this trend after their orders were issued, but now the he seemed more determined and his steps were stronger in their wake. He pulled a trail bar from his pack, eating as he walked.

@Agota: It's not much, madam, but perhaps this will provide some sustenance for the walk. I think we'll need our strength in this first trial. He utters it quietly and extends another trail bar to her.

In light of Vayden's pronouncement, he also proceeds to prepare his crossbow - just in case.


Female Dwarf 1 / Cleric {HP 10/10 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD14 | F/R/W 5/3/6}

Agota took the offered ration with a muttered, "Thanks." As she munched on the bar she cast a sidelong glance at the half-elf. He didn't seem a bad sort, for an elfblood (her clan made little distinction between elves and their kin, "They's all got their noses in the air higher than the tips of they's ears!" her dad would say).

Maybe they was snobs 'cause you never took the time to be friendly, dad. With that thought in mind, she decided a little diplomacy was in order with her new squaddie.

"Punch." She threw a grin in his direction, "Me kin calls me 'Punch'. You can call me 'Madam' when the army decides to make me an officer and puts a horse under me arse."


Chimera Battalion is currently away. He should have returned by tomorrow.


The walk is simple enough, cutting through small fields and such, you begin to feel that you should be about there pretty soon, up ahead you see a somewhat of a drop off, and you can hear sounds of a river, this is one you figure goes off to the harbor.
Walking closer, you start to see a tower, then more, another tower, connected by a small rope bridge that spans the small river, the towers were covered and perfectly positioned behind a drop off towards the river.

So, basically there is a large drop off (a 70-50 degree angle), extending 60 or so feet to the ground, figure it out...


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1
Agota "Punch" Rockgroin wrote:


"Me kin calls me 'Punch'. You can call me 'Madam' when the army decides to make me an officer and puts a horse under me arse."

Kellen looks a bit on the wiry side - his clothes a bit loose but his gear all packed to his frame. He has handsome features that are accented by a head of whitish-blonde hair. There's an unearthly quality further enhanced by the look of his grey-white eyes.

Kellen gives her comment a mild grin which radiates warmth.

Kellen is my name; or Kel if you prefer brevity. I have rarely seen many of the stout folk in Fairhaven - where I am from. A look of consternation briefly crosses his feature before he continues.
Any knowledge of what lies ahead, Miss Punch? He continues chewing on the ration while awaiting a response.


Male Tiefling Ninja 1

So were on some sort of rise, and there's a pair of towers at the base of the rise, with a river flowing around them?


Yes


Male Human Paladin L1-- AC 18-(T11-F17) | hp 13/13 | F+5, R+1, W+1 | Init+1; Percep -1 | Status: A little sick

Sir Manfred salutes for the dot as he canters by.


Male Tiefling Ninja 1

Di moves closer to the towers, staying within bowshot of his companions. He looks about the towers, trying to determine anything useful about them 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Perception


You are sure that these are the towers you were sent to cleanse, as you near it, you start to hear shouting, apparently there is something conspicuous about a man walking in all black up to an opposing sentry tower, by-the-by, they are aware of you. A small wooden door at the front opens, and out walks an attractive human women.
"Who' er' you and yer' companions, thinking you can just come up to the mighty EF?" she asks, as she stares at you expectanlty.

She stands about 15 feet away from you.


Male Tiefling Ninja 1

"I have no what a mighty EF is. My companions and I have heard that we had new neighbors, so we thought we'd come investigate and offer greetings." [ooc]1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


"They're them!" She yells, obviously gaining attention of other EF members, the door is shoved aside, and 3 other people come out, each brandishing a weapon..

Initiative:
1 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Dixulri
3 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Kellen
5 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Agota
2 1d20 ⇒ 18 Pikrak
6 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Vayden

4 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 EF ???


Male Tiefling Ninja 1

Hmm, I seem to have forgotten to include that was a Bluff check earlier as I was typing on my cell phone...


They new what you were before you said anything, don't worry...


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

To arms!

On his turn, Kellen casts Mage Armor on himself. His eyes flare briefly with a white gold light and an ornate, spectral armor surrounds him and fades out.

Assuming no disruptions, AC 17 should now be in effect


Male Human Conjurer 1/AC 11/F+2, R+1, W+2/ Init +11/ Perception +0

dot


Why are you guys dotting on my game? You shouldn't be following it because your characters don't even know of each other, and it bugs me...

Seriously, explanation needed...


Male Tiefling Ninja 1

Di looks a bit irritated at the woman. "Well, that's just rude. I was just going to ask you if you had some sugar. Ah well." With that he touches his belt and suddenly the whole area around him is plunged into darkness. Casting Darkness centered on my belt. I have Darkvision, so I suffer no penalties


Players, I would prefer you just say what you do on your turn, even if it currently isn't your turn, to speed things up


"I'm movin' up with the big guy," she nodded in Pikrak's direction. "You'll be okay here?" she asked Kellan right as his spell took effect. "Yeah, okay. You'll be alright."

She trotted forward to stand next to Pikrak.

Agota is going to move up with Pikrak so as to better using her healing to keep him in the fight (they don't call them "meat shields" for nothing).


I kind of want to try out minecraft as the map, so please post what color you want to be...


Sorry for the delay. Oh, and Red color for me please, if available. White is next on the list.

Seeing as the enemy meets them prepared, Pikrak wasted no time. Rising his sword high up, he charged at the woman who "greeted" them with a battlecry.
Charge, Power Attack, AC15 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 = 17


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1
Chimera Squadron GM wrote:
...please post what color you want to be...

White or Yellow/Gold for me.


Pikrak, miss


Male Human Musket Master 1 {HP 11/11 | AC18 FF14 T14 CMD16 | F/R/W 3/6/2}

I'll go with Green.

Vayden takes aim at one of the enemies and fires at the enemy. "Time to unleash hell." he thinks to himself as he squeezes the trigger. The way the mustket shook, he knew what happened. "Blast it, this day ain't gonna end well."

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Well, time to do Quick Clear. Stupid gun.


Vayden, miss, You guys need to pull your act together...


The three people that stormed out are two men, one woman, not including the first one. Both men, already holding crossbows, quickly take aim and shoot, one in Dixulri's direction, and one at Kellen.

Dixulri 1d20 ⇒ 191d8 ⇒ 6
Kellen 1d20 ⇒ 31d8 ⇒ 4

Dixulri, just read darkness description, it just drops the light level by one increment, it was bright light, now its normal light, no change really, sorry...

Both of the women armed with small swords step forward to meet Pikrak and Agota.

Pikrak 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Agota 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Next round guys, roll better, your ninja's hurt...

Also, for AC, if the AC is the same as the attack roll or higher, it hits...

Vayden, I compliment your roleplaying, don't know what it is, but I like it...

Current battle
In this picture, Agota is pink, Dixulri is Black, Vayden green, Pikrak gray, Kellen yellow, when attacking, tell me what color the enemy top is, to tell if it is an enemy, they'll have a red bottom...


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

Can you give us idea of ranges for our foes? Trying to know who I can hit. :-)

Are we using new intiatives, or just keep the same one for whole fight? I'm used to a new one every round.


We use the same initiative every round, and the picture is is mainly blocks, if you look closely, so one block is 5 feet, sorry if it inconvenient to count these blocks...

here, this picture should help
Counting spaces


Male Human Musket Master 1 {HP 11/11 | AC18 FF14 T14 CMD16 | F/R/W 3/6/2}

Thanks CS GM. It's a cross between grim cowboy and grim soldier. I'm having trouble finding the right median for it at present.

"Well, sometimes you just gotta go for broke and pray for the best, sometimes you gotta play it safe. Way luck's going, play it safe." Vayden quickly clears out his musket, moving to a better vantage to fire.

Standard for Quick Clear, move to move. I can't see the map from work, so if there's a spot behind cover I'll take it for now as long as within 40'


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

OK - that's great! The overhead shot is clearer on that detail.

With more voice than he has uttered before now in the group's company: Vayden, mark...on bowman! Uya orosa!

Eyes flare unearthly light, and a single glowing arrow flies and strikes unerringly at the crossbowman directly parallel to Vayden.

Casting magic missile at the white enemy.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Vayden: You have just enough movement to hide behind a tree

Updated map
Thats Vayden hiding behind a tree in top right corner...

Kellen, I put the colors on top of the red blocks for a reason, when saying who you hit, please say the color of the above block...

Kellen: The bright magical bolt shoots at the EF member, blowing off a large portion of his shoulder, leaving no cloth or flesh, unveiling his bone...


Male Half-Elf Sorcerer 1

OK - apologies if I misspoke. I am shooting for the white block (or striped grey?) on the map. Whoops - ninja edit on the response.


Female Dwarf 1 / Cleric {HP 10/10 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD14 | F/R/W 5/3/6}

Her enemy's blow just glanced off Agota's buckler.

"Right! I'll do ya then!" She smashed at her opponent with her morningstar.

Attack roll and damage if she hits

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Agota, miss


The wound from the small sword stung, and Pikrak felt anger rising inside him. He had to admit he was put off by the fact that women served on the side of the Society. He gritted his teeth and forced himself to concentrate on the Society's emblem on his enemies' uniform. They serve evil, and evil shall be vanquished. Raising his sword once more, he renewed the assault.
Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2) + 9 = 13
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Crit damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 5) + 9 = 15


You do not confim, but you hit
You powerfully strike her shoulder, and she falls limp, to the ground...


Current battle

The other squadrons are catching up, keep posting, lets get done before them!


Male Tiefling Ninja 1

Which block am I? Can't tell, sorry


Dix is black, Agota is pink, Pikrak is white, Kellen is yellow, Vayden is green

Blocks that have a block on bottom that is red is an enemy


Male Tiefling Ninja 1

It seems like there's two black blocks. One underneath the pink one, and one on top of a red one, hence my confusion.

1 to 50 of 180 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Chimera Battalion Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.