Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Brevoy Southern Reclamation Project - BS RP (Kingmaker) (Inactive)

Game Master fnord72

High fantasy kingmaker campaign. Expect modified kingdom building and an emphasis on the social and political aspects of creating and running a kingdom.


201 to 250 of 665 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Inquisitor 1 -- hp 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +3, Perception +7, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14

And I'm back after losing my laptop for 3 days... not the right timing either. I apologize ahead of time for the delay.


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Ouch! On the bright side. This makes Lyster look as if he was better than to get involved in the sniping back & forth.


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2
Aedon Tellefleur wrote:
Aedon finds Gizsmith later that evening and leads him away to speak with him privately. "So, I'm sure you figured out that the bandits may be back at any time. Some of us are thinking that we should plan to ambush them once they return. Assuming this goes as planned, I'm to take up position at the gate, mainly to make sure none of them escape. Would you be willing to help me at the gate?"

It seems a sound plan. My bow is yours, my good friend, along with whatever other tricks I may have squirreled away up my sleeves. None shall escape our liberal slathering of justice."


@Rufus, Aedon, and Gizsmith: The gates are well oiled and swing closed easily. One of the few things done right in the fort. The two gates overlap, with the east gate closing first, and the west gate has two bars that swing down to catches on the east door. Oleg isn't interested in letting you assist in closing the door, but does allow you to watch as he closes and checks the doors.

@Kari: Quick and dirty is exactly the roll in the hay that Kari gets from Mikhail. A smack on the rump and a thank you ma'am conclude those activities before dinner is served. He does offer you a fine wolf fur as... thanks.

@Lyster and Salvator: Both have enjoyed the afternoon relaxing at the table playing cards.

Oleg and Svetlana retire to their quarters shortly after dinner. The sun drops lower and lower into the western sky, and night falls on the trading post.

A small fire crackles in the fire pit. Mikhail pulls an earthen clay jug from his bags and after taking a healthy slug himself, passes it around to the others.

Mystery Hooch Fort Save DC 15:
Taking a swill of this stuff goes down strong and sharp, a mild feeling of euphoria overtakes the imbiber with a mellow carefree outlook on life. Additional drinks increase the DC by two for each extra drink taken within 30 minutes of the last one. Failing the save also gives a general lethargy as the imbiber is 'fascinated' with mild hallucinations. Failure by more than five leaves the imbiber dazed. Duration is 30 minutes.

"Now that! is some good hooch. You mus' try." Mikhail will freely pass the jug around, and when it comes back to him, take another swig before passing it again. Should Kari get within arms reach, he'll try and pull her onto his lap for a smooch. He won't force it however.

The stars are shining bright above and a meteor shower starts around midnight for anyone still outside.


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Fort Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16, Rufus takes one swig to show willing, but once is enough for the night.


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Kari Fort Save (Mystery Hooch) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Kari gives a startled cry as Mikhail drags her down for a kiss, then laughs happily. She gladly partakes in his mystery hooch, shivering and glad that she remains in her armor lest the more embarrassing physical reaction to her first taste of 'shine in months be manifest to her new band.

"Aye, 'tis," she agrees with Mikhail, and presumably under the influence, produces her pipes to play a jig and recite a bawdy limerick involving animals that walk upon their hind legs.

Kari Perform Wind 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Kari untrained Perform Oratory 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

"To fame and fortune."
Gizsmith takes a swig Fort save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

With a "woooo," he topples over.


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

"To Mikhail!" Kari cries as Gizsmith topples over. "His hooch has claimed the first life in these lands!" she cheers and laughs.

Kari rises and bends over Gizsmith, grinning wildly, "Lad, ye require a hand to yer bed roll? Er an arm, or breast," she offers and lifts her eyebrows several times, allowing her bottom to sway suggestively.


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

"To Gizsmith! Who proves my point exceptionally!" Rufus exclaims as the aforesaid Gnome falls into drunken befuddlement. "I believe that you my fine friend are for a warm, soft bed." So saying, Rufus hoists the flamboyant bard over his shoulder, surprisingly gently, and carries him to the Barracks. Where he sets him in bed, with a clean porcelain bowl placed within easy reach. After which, he goes back out to his own bedroll, where Boon is already rolled up & warm, tail thumping softly.


Male Human Inquisitor 1 -- hp 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +3, Perception +7, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14

"While I thank you for the offer, I'll have to pass. It is not in my custom to drink very heavily... certainly not on the job."

He looks over at Gizsmith.

Well it appears that another gnome proves my point. I'll have to see to Javed about our bet.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Aedon turns in early, so he misses all the festivities.


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

Salvator nods in agreement to Lyster's statement, shaking his head and holding up a hand palm forward if the drink is offered to him.

I should stick by Lyster, he's a steady man.


The festivities slowly die out after only a few passes of the hooch. Mikhail grumbles about party-poopers before taking himself off to his own bunk, after one last group and sloppy kiss from Kari.

Dawn seems to be but a few moments later. The sunrises with deep streaks of red, portending the days to come.

Oleg appears more dour than usual as he goes about his morning chores. Svetlana leads the cow and goats to the western post and leaves them to their daily grazing.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Aedon continues his watch from the southwest tower, taking pains to hide himself from anybody outside the trading post.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Human Inquisitor 1 -- hp 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +3, Perception +7, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14

Lyster takes watch of the outpost entrance from inside the building by watching through the windows, his crossbow loaded and ready for combat.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


watching overnight?


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

As Rufus has set Boon to keeping his ears open, here is Boon's Perception check. 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9; dear lord, may have to shoot that dog...
Rufus stays in the Stable, tending to the horses with his bow strung & ready to hand.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1
DM Fnord wrote:
watching overnight?

Not sure who this was a response to, but Aedon intended to sleep until around 4am, then go into the SW tower. I assumed you would use some of the d20s rolled in the other thread if he needed skill checks.


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

Gizsmith wakes up blearily and putters about, offering Oleg and Svetlana a hand with anything that might need the deft touch of a gentleman adventurer.


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

Salvator, more or less unaccustomed to professional adventuring or travel in general, would likely sleep till 10-20 minutes after dawn or he was awoken.


Shortly after breakfast, Mikhail starts repacking his mule. Having traded his stack of furs for some additional supplies, including several new traps. He is soon ready to leave.

"Oi, it looks like it's going to be a rough day. As much as I'd prefer to wait out the weather, I have to get to my western string before the wolves get to them. As much as I like a good bed warmer, you be doing without me, lass." Looking uncharacteristically, he bashfully pulls a fox tail from a pack and offers it to Kari, "It matches your hair, to 'member me by."


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7, Rufus still doesn't trust Mikhail & is sizing him up to see if he is a scout for the Bandits. Bluff, untrained 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15, He has enough self-control not to show it however.


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

"My heart, how it will weep until you return to console it with your hooch," Kari jests and laughs softly. She gives Mikhail a kiss on his mouth, slipping her much smaller hands down to grip his bottom before they part.

Kari Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 15

When Mikhail has gone, Kari raises her eyebrow in Rufus's direction. "The man came to this sweaty dung heap to trade furs and f*cked the only available female. He asked and treated me fairly, and now he has gone early in this miserable rain to do work," she says. "Not certain what you think you know of bandits, but if that display at the tents in Restov was any indication, thievin's what they are best at, not infiltrating."

Kari Bluff 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 +1 from Charming if you are sexually attracted to Kari

Kari will attend Svetlana taking out the animals, leading Pan by his bridle, speaking sweetly to the animal and letting him become used to the terrain. She surreptitiously feeds him oats from her hand, hoping to create a bond with the animal.

Giant:

"No, not going to allow you to go to fat gnawing on sugar and oats all day. Must keep your limbs strong!"


Mikhail appears to be just what he is, a furrier. A couple of hours go by while the lot of you keep watch and assist with general chores around the trading post. As the afternoon progresses the wind starts to whip up. Over the course of the next few minutes a storm front rolls in from the west. Huge clouds tower high into the sky with lightning streaking across the front. Under the clouds a solid sheet of rain is visible as it rolls in towards the fort, lightning striking brightly in front of it. You havee but moments before the rain will be upon you.


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

"Blast it!" Rufus swears at the sight of the storm. Quickly unstringing his bow & slipping his bladric over his shoulder he lopes out the stable doors & through the gates in the direction of the animals & Kari and Svetlana, calling out to Lyster & Salvator "This storm will spook the animals, make sure they are secure in their stalls & then help us when we get them in the gates." Calling up to Aedon & Gizsmith. "Keep a watch out for Bandits, if I am right this would be perfect cover for them. If I am wrong, only my pride takes ill."


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

Salvator takes cover under the nearest building, shelter, whatnot, still holding the axe he was using to help chop wood. His sword would be with his pack.


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

"Right or wrong, I still get wet."

Gizsmith calls back, but decides to keep watch of the road from up on the wall next to the gate. He pulls his hat down firmly on his head and tightly wraps his cloak around himself.


Male Human Inquisitor 1 -- hp 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +3, Perception +7, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14

Lyster aids Rufus in making sure all the animals are well secured in their stalls and remain calm.

Panicking animals is not something we need in case of bandits...

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Aedon give an "Aye!" in response to Rufus. Noting Gizsmith near the gate, Aedon continues his vigil from his tower.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Not that great... So just for fun...

Reflex save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

A sudden gust of air causes Aedon to squint and brace himself against the unexpected force. All manner of dirt and debris pelts his face and he turns away to protect his eyes. Another gust erupts from over the wall and pushes against his back as he stumbles perilously close to the open edge of the tower.

With a desperate lunge, Aedon manages to grab hold of the wall just in time to avoid being thrown off his platform and into the trading post yard.


Rufus rushes out of the tower and helps Kari and Svetlana with securing the horses while Oleg is busy in the stable working to calm down the horses. Boon started to follow Rufus, but stopped at the gates, stiff-legged and staring at the rushing wall of dust and debris before turning and running to hide under the barracks. Rufus and Kari are able to drag and push the cow and goats into the stable. Lyster joins them at the stable and helps with getting all of the animals secured in their pens. They see their shadows cast upon the back wall of the stable as a white flash of light blasts through the open doors of the stable.

As the wall of dust rushes over the outpost, Aedon is nearly blown off one of the exposed towers but manages to catch himself before a dangerous fall. He manages to maintain his grip as the darkened sky erupts with crackling energy and incandescent light flashes before him.

Salvator starts in surprise as Boon joins him under the barracks. As the storm front rolls over the outpost, Salvator feels his hair starting to stand on end and sees a momentary crackle of static along the blade edge of his axe, just as the courtyard erupts with a bright flash of light.

Gizsmith finds watching the road troublesome as the gates swing wildly in the gale winds as the dust front rolls in. His vision is further occluded as his hair puffs out from his head in all directions with crackling and tingling static energy just before he finds himself nearly blinded by a flash brighter than his wildest spells.

A brilliant flash of light bursts down upon the outpost as the leading edge of the storm sweeps in. For a moment, the darkening sky flashes with light as the bolt of lightning strikes the catapult in the north east tower. For what seems like several seconds, the lightning crackles and courses as it's power is unleashed upon the broken device.

Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to take that kind of abuse as it suddenly explodes into a shower of wooden splinters. The bulk of the catapult somersaults in the air before crashing over the outer edge of the tower into the garden below.

And the thunder rolls...

2 fort dc 15:
1) or dazzled for 2d6 rounds, those in the stable have a +5. success negates. 2) or deafened for 2d6 rounds, success halves.

You aren't sure which was worse, the blinding lightning that danced before your eyes, or the physical pounding of the clap of thunder.

Handle Animal DC 15:
The lightning and thunder panics the aniimals, roll well or have them slamming into things...

Sometimes I can have more fun with a party by throwing the environment at them more than a bunch of kobolds


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Fortitude save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 saves

Fortitude save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 fails - deaf for 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10 rounds

Aedon reels as the deep percussion of thunder rumbles around him, and he blinks involuntarily as a brilliant lightning bolt strikes outside the post. As he watches the animals being dragged into the fort, another peal of thunder causes the walls of the post to shake, and Aedon winces in pain as his hearing is reduced to a dull ringing.


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Yep, man vs. man gets your blood flowing but man vs. nature can take you out at the knees, there's reasons why Erastil doesn't have much to say about Gozreh. Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12, so I'm blind for 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9 rounds and Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23, and deaf for 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8, divided by 2, so that is 4. Be glad for small favors I guess. Handle Animal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11, can Rufus even attempt a Handle Animal check considering he is Blind & Deaf at the moment?

Milani preserve me! I can't see! I can't hear!

Rufus' howl of rage & frustration goes unheeded by all, even himself. Battered about by nature & animal his only recourse is to set his stance & hope he hasn't been turned wrong way round as he tries to keep leading the livestock inside.

Until he gets either sight or hearing back, Rufus will focus mainly on staying upright & getting the animals inside. Unfortunately, until he gets one or the other back he is going to treat contact with anything that isn't an animal or an inanimate object as a possible threat, so his reaction will be to deck them. Unarmed Strike, non-proficient 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18, miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 54, damn, good thing it is non-lethal 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7(Why can't I get rolls like this when I need them?). Fortunately, it is probably pretty obvious Rufus is on the defensive & has a hair-trigger.


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

Fort 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6, Fort 2:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Dazzled for: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 rounds, Deafened for:2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4/2 = 2rounds

The lightning blast leaves Gizsmith momentarily stunned. He ducks down behind the top of the wall to get out of the wind and to try to regain his senses.


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Kari Fortitude Save 01 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Kari Fortitude Save 02 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Kari throws back her head and roars at the storm, slicking her white hair back against her face. To her, the catapault shattering is a confirmation that her nomad's lifestyle is correct. And while she admires the ferocity of the storm that quickens her blood and her passion, she is not unintelligent, and will not, as Aedon has done, put herself any closer to the dangerous lightning.

Seeing the others stunned, however, brings Kari back to her reality. She tugs on Pan's bridle and speaks to him in Giant, her pitch and frustration with him increasing as she fails to calm him.

Kari Handle Animal 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Fy fæn i helvetes!"

Kari slips in front of Pan and holds his head, her hands over his eyes and sings to him over the sound of the storm, and is glad that he is a mule and that the thunder covers her horrible attempt to apparently butcher a lullaby.

Kari untrained Perform Sing 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

Save time! 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Salvator, deafened for 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8 rounds but not dazzled. Grimly, he sets down the axe as he attempts to calm any animals panicking if there are any within his line of sight. He, however, places more priority on human life, and if anyone is in danger (including himself, but at secondary priority) he seeks to get them to shelter first.

To him, the deafening thunder is certainly worse than the blinding lightning.

Handle Animal 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Oy, I'm a yutz. Finally realized Dazzled isn't the same as Blinded. Rufus isn't going to be as rattled then. No swinging wildly, just slowly trying to get himself & the animals nearest him back inside, and failing miserably at the 'getting the animals back inside' part.


not trying to kill you by stampeding goats while you're blinded and deafened, though that does give me an idea...

A few moments pass allowing everyone to recover from that close strike while lightning continues to flash and rumble across the sky, providing momentary illumination to the darkening conditions akin to what you would expect at dusk, though it isn't yet time for lunch. During this brief lull, the wind has swept past, carrying with it plenty of dust and other light flotsam picked up off the ground.

Unfortunately, that was just a harbinger of what was coming next as...

Aedon and Gizsmith find themselves drenched to the skin as a solid wall of water drops on them. Visibility starts dropping as the density of the rain increases.

Rufus and Kari are able to assist the Levetons with getting the animals secured. Standing in the stable door, they see the down pour as it crashes into the roof of the stable and advances across the yard, soaking everything in sight.

Salvator sets his axe before him and gathers a trembling Boon under one arm as the two of them watch the water race across the yard.

The rain pours down and it soon becomes evident that the lower ground around the outpost and the bottom of the valley are quickly filling with water. Soon, the rain starts getting colder and harder, turning into hail thumping down on the roofs of the buildings. A hailstone the size of a robin's egg thumps into the ground and rolls under the barracks coming to rest before Salvator's nose.

Oleg had just started to walk across the yard towards his house when he is laid flat by another hail stone.

Aedon and Gizmsmith quickly realize they have scant protection from the hail stones thumping into the outpost walls around them.


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

Glancing at the hailstone, and then outside, Salvator gave the dog a quick before speaking. "Take care, pup, I've still got chores to do." Salvator would leave Boon there, if possible, and head out to rescue Oleg to the nearest substantial shelter, if possible.

This was, of course, assuming Salvator saw Oleg. Otherwise, he'd probably hunker in the most secure looking part of the barracks with Boon.

If you require any rolls from me for this...
1d20 ⇒ 111d20 ⇒ 21d20 ⇒ 20


Salvatore, I took "Salvator takes cover under the nearest building, shelter, whatnot," quite literally and considered him diving under the barracks.

Oleg is about 50' from where you are hunkered down under the west end of the barracks. Your first roll (for perception) would not have been high enough to see Oleg get hit. As it is, Gizsmith is only about 25' from you and you are only getting occasional glimpses of his red hair.


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Seeing the weather turning from "terrible" to "hell on earth", Aedon decides to throw caution to the wind and make a break for shelter.

He drops to the ground as quickly as possible trying to land on his feet. Acrobatics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 After getting to the ground, Aedon sprints for the nearest cover.

@ DM: I am guessing you want to assign modifiers due to the rain, wind, thunder, hail, etc. This is what he would attempt assuming he isn't unconscious or dying

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 to possibly see Oleg

Other random d20 rolls if needed
1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 15


Male Gnome Bard 1, hp 9/9, AC 17, (T13/FF15), Init +2, Perc +4. F+1/R+4/W+2

Just a reminder that Gizsmith has low light vision

Gizsmith drops off the wall and takes cover beneath the walk way.
acrobatics1d20 ⇒ 6

If he sees Oleg, he runs over to the downed man.
perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

Kari Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Kari sways beside Rufus at the door of the stables, watching the storm. Her pupils are dilated, and she strokes the fox tail she pinned to her hair, Mikhail's gift to her and made a sound almost like purring in her throat.

Not knowing anything is amiss without assuming, with that roll, she looks to Rufus and smiles. "So, here we are, alone, and the stables stink like our animals are sh*tting themselves with fear," she says. "Do you wonder if any of them will believe you've conducted yourself as a perfect gentleman?" she teases and laughs.


Male Human Inquisitor 1 -- hp 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +3, Perception +7, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14

Lyster remains in the stables after seeing that Salvator is much more capable of managing horses. The blinding lightning Fort Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 has absolutely no effect on him and the deafening thunder 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 neither.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Seeing Oleg laid low to the ground, Lyster will look around for anything to use to protect himself, be it a shield or a large plank of wood. Regardless if he finds anything though, he goes outside to aid in Oleg's rescue.


Male Human (Kellid/Varisian) Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 1 [ HP: 11/11 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 14 | F: +3 R: +1 W: +0 | Init: +1 Perc: -1 | Effects: none]

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14, DM, I am interpreting your description as Oleg getting hit almost immediately upon leaving the stables. Also interpreting Kari's comment as coming before the hail strike on Oleg's noggin.

Rufus chuckles briefly at Kari's innuendo, though his gaze continues to flicker about the yard, watching as Oleg makes his way to the house.
"Blast it!' Rufus snarls, popping the buckles on his jack upon Oleg's fall & loosening it enough to ship over his head. "I fear I must play the gentleman a few moments more fair damsel!" He shouts back as he runs out to pull Oleg back under cover.

Well, so much for that opportunity!

"See if you can find anything to keep water from coming in! If the rain keeps up for too long the valley may flood!"


Male Human Paladin 1; hp 11/11; AC 16, t12, ff14; Init +2; Perc -1; F+3, R+2, W+1(+2 vs fear)

Ah. That is not quite what I meant, but, if it works, I'll roll with it. If there's something obviously bad about the cover he's taking*, I'll go ahead and relocated to inside, rather than under the nearest shelter.

*like vulnerable to hailstones, likely to flood, ext.


Let's get this show back on the path! Salvator, under the barracks isn't in danger from flooding water or hail.

Locations and current status:

Salvator is under the barracks with Boon next to him. Salavator appears to be eyeing the hail and trying to decide if he should make a break for the door of the barracks, he'd only be exposed for a few seconds if he crawled under the barracks to where the steps were. The storm has darkened enough with the hail and rain that he can't make out the stables where he recalls...

Lyster and Kari are with Svetlana. Having just calmed the animals down, they keep an eye on the roof of the stables as hail stones thump and crash onto the roof. Svetlana is wringing her hands with worry for her husband. While standing there, they see...

Rufus run out into the yard and kneel next to Oleg. The hail is starting to pile up with various sizes coming down as Rufus quickly checks that Oleg still lives and starts to haul him up when a large six inch hail ball slams into the ground a couple of feet from Oleg's head, plastering the two with cold slushy mud. Across the yard...

Gixsmith is trying to meld with the palisade wall as he hunkers under the marginal overhang of the walkway and the corner of the tower. His small stature means the hail is generally missing him, though the occasional ball slams into the wood over his head, showering him with fragments of ice. While standing here, he catches glimpses of...

Aedon decides that the top of an exposed tower isn't the best place to be in a thundering hailstorm and makes a run for it. He leaps off the tower, tumble across the hail and mud to roll under the wagon parked next to the stable 1d6 ⇒ 3 non-lethal damage for successfully falling 20'. Aedon finds himself sitting up and peering at the gates as the east side crashes into the wall over and over in the wind, he can just make out...

several figures hunched over their saddles stumble, a couple walking hunched next to their horses, into the fort.

One of the newcomers sees the protection offered by the barracks, drops the reins of his mount and dives under the barracks only to stop short nose to nose with Salvator and Boon. "Who ye be?" Boon bares his teeth and Salvatore can feel the growl through his hand on boon's back.

Another, seeing his companion dive under the barracks decides that's a good idea as another hailstone slams into his shoulder. This person decides that the wagon looks like a convenient shoulder and dives under, unfortunately, he face plants into the mud and can't see Aedon staring down at him in shock.

Three others drag their mounts towards the barracks and attempt to pull up short at the site of Lyster, Kari, and Svetlana. "Well don't just stand there! Move your ass before I kick it for you!" shouts one of the men.

Gizsmith saw the people enter with horses and he saw three of them head out of site, trailed by two riderless horses. He also saw one person dive under the wagon next to Aedon.

Rufus was working to get Oleg up when he heard some shouting from the stables, turning, he sees several horses, three with men riding.

Let the fun times roll, and watch your footing on the hail, there is now about an inch of various sized hailstones covering the ground, providing difficult terrain. Visibility remains about 10' outside, with vision out to 20' for low-light beings.

You may roll for initiative at any time...


Female Human Bard/1 (Init 4; Normal Vision Perc +4, Hp 11/11; AC 17 [t 14, ff 13]; fort 3 ref 5 will 2)

So much for the element of surprise! Kari seethes as the men pull up toward the stables. She cannot see where Rufus has gone, leaving her with the stalwart Lyster who would just as like see her hung and the frightened Svetlana.

"Aye, sirs," she answers brightly, and brandishing her buckler like a parasol above her head. "Beggin' yer pardon, lerds, mah cousin do be a bit daft in the head on 'count of bein' kicked by an ass when he were twelve, but the animals do calm his temperament," she chatters, attempting to call their attention to her.

A group of rams may butt heads for a single female, or at the very least, they would ignore Lyster's movements so they surround her person.

Kari Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Surprise! :)


Half-Elf Rogue 1; hp 10/10; AC 17, t13, ff14; Init +3; Perc +7; F+2, R+5, W+1

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Should we also post our intentions, or do you want to wait until everyone rolls Initiative?


Male Human Inquisitor 1 -- hp 10/10, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +5, Init +3, Perception +7, AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Waiting on an answer to Aedon's question as well.

201 to 250 of 665 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Oathday, Calistril 30th, 4710 AR All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.