Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


301 to 350 of 12,357 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Elisile's arrow passes just above the warchenter's arour and through her throat. With a gurgle she slumps back and, her mount spooked, it scampers away. AoO from Larken if he wants it.


Hudak, Illes and Vethran next.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

move to b5, attack goblin at b4. roll15+7=22, damage is 8+4=12"You'll not get Hudak's kin and kith cheaply this day, dogmunchers, by Corm, or I'm a Chellaxian!!!"


By Corm? Is this a new Golarian deity?

Hudak's blow splatters the goblin's brains on the cobbles.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:

By Corm? Is this a new Golarian deity?

Hudak's blow splatters the goblin's brains on the cobbles.

not sure yet. I have 3 viable answers so far.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674
Hudak wrote:
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:

By Corm? Is this a new Golarian deity?

Hudak's blow splatters the goblin's brains on the cobbles.

not sure yet. I have 3 viable answers so far.

Corm could be a barbarian hero/ascended quasi-diety of whom great tales of valor are told to Barbarian children by the Tale-talkers. Just a thought.

Andoran

Male Engineer Geek 6/Engineer 5/Engineseer 1
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
Elisile's arrow passes just above the warchenter's arour and through her throat. With a gurgle she slumps back and, her mount spooked, it scampers away. AoO from Larken if he wants it.

Elisile's arrow was aiming for the goblin in B4


Ah yes, so I see - got confused by the earlier enquiry about whether it had cover or not. Well, tough luck - the warchanter has bought it, and the B4 goblin has just been squelched by Hudak.

Andoran

Male Engineer Geek 6/Engineer 5/Engineseer 1
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
Ah yes, so I see - got confused by the earlier enquiry about whether it had cover or not. Well, tough luck - the warchanter has bought it, and the B4 goblin has just been squelched by Hudak.

Fine by me. I read it the same way you did my first pass, it was only when I went back to update the map that I caught it. And now, I can correctly update my map.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

"Ha ha ha!!! Sing your little songs now!!! I'll leave your bones for dogs to munch!"


Now Illes and Vethran.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Um... I'm not quite down yet. According to my calculations, I've taken 9 of 10 hit points in this fight. Having said that, I'm in no shape to fight; it would make good sense to say that I'm prone in C5 after taking a nasty blow.


Ah, misread your character sheet and took your damage sustained for your hit points left. I could apply the same "that's tough" principle and say you are unconscious and bleeding out anyway 'cos I say so, but that might be unduly harsh. Though I am annoyed you killed my barbarian. You can withdraw and whatever if you so desire.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Heh heh... Let's say I still stand unsteadily in C5. I'll get the hell outta there next turn; then I'll use my prodigious magical powers to heal the unconscious dwarf.

Alwyn stares down at the huge gash the goblin's weapon had left in his leg. "You managed to hit me. Congratulations. Enjoy your little victory while you can - it will be the last thing you'll ever do", he growls at his opponent.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
Ah, misread your character sheet and took your damage sustained for your hit points left. I could apply the same "that's tough" principle and say you are unconscious and bleeding out anyway 'cos I say so, but that might be unduly harsh. Though I am annoyed you killed my barbarian. You can withdraw and whatever if you so desire.

he needed killin'. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.


He did, but I was hoping he would take more than just Dravite with him.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Vethran sighs heavily, seeing no clear avenue to assist and opts to draw his crossbow and load it, just in case.

Move action to draw, move action to load. That's my turn. :\


Illes next.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

On Dravite's turn he stabilizes at -4, unless he receives healing, in which case I will have to post tomorrow, I am getting ready to head to my game night.


male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

AoO against the goblin dog/mount (To hit =17, damage =7)

As the beast shies away, Larken, now balance and in position, launches a quick rapier attack against it before it gets out of range.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Within seconds both the dwarf and one of the Northerners are on the ground. Illes narrows his eyes and reassesses the threat as he breaks off playing. The Varisian steps up to the center of the street unfurling his whip as he waits for his opportunity to strike.


5' Step to B7
MA: Draw Whip
SA: Disarm Goblin at C4
With Alwyn being prone I think it won't have cover, but if it does I don't want to strike. I'll just draw my weapon and ready an action to strike should it lose cover.


Opposed attack roll: 14 (6 +1 Str, +2 Disarming with a Whip, +4 larger size, +1 Bardic Music)
If the goblin has a light weapon it takes -4.
If he disarms me in return I will promptly be embarrassed.
If I disarm it with a roll of 6 it should be highly embarrassed.


The goblin's weapon skitters away from its grasp. It blinks in half-witted surprise. Meanwhile, at the back of the fight, Larken skewers the ratty/doggy thing the warchanter was riding in its front flank, and it collapses.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Lessee...

Dravite- 23 (down; bleeding, but stabilises this round at -4 hp)
-Warchanter- 19 (dead)
Larken- 18
Lo'J- 15
Alwyn- 13
-Gobbo Tough- 11 (dead)
-Gobbo footsoldiers- 10 (mostly dead)
Elisile- 7
Hudak, Illes, Vethran- 6


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

At the last second before Elisile’s arrow reaches the goblin warrior she was aiming at, the small creature senses death approaching it, and ducks! Rather than being a true hit, the arrow ricochets off a piece of metal on the patchwork armour at it’s shoulder, continues on at a different angle, and lodges in the throat of the warchanter instead! An instant later, the goblin that Elisile has actually been aiming for was flattened by Hudak. Elisile shrugs, and searches for her next target.

Sorry about the confusion with that last attack.


Elisile Starbrow wrote:

At the last second before Elisile’s arrow reaches the goblin warrior she was aiming at, the small creature senses death approaching it, and ducks! Rather than being a true hit, the arrow ricochets off a piece of metal on the patchwork armour at it’s shoulder, continues on at a different angle, and lodges in the throat of the warchanter instead! An instant later, the goblin that Elisile has actually been aiming for was flattened by Hudak. Elisile shrugs, and searches for her next target.

Sorry about the confusion with that last attack.

Smooth - nice recovery!

Dravite is indisposed, so now Larken.


male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

attack against the goblin at B3 (I think there's a goblin at B3) (attack roll=16, damage=5)

Trying to stay cool as the casualties continue to mount on both sides, Larken strikes at one of the remaining goblins, wondering why the little beasts haven't broken and run.


Larken wrote:
Trying to stay cool as the casualties continue to mount on both sides, Larken strikes at one of the remaining goblins, wondering why the little beasts haven't broken and run.

Because it isn't their initiative yet. :-)

The goblin gives a little moan and slumps, blood bubbling at its lips.

There is now only one goblin left - at C4. Lo'j's go.


Male Human Marshal 4

"Little goblin, on my blade. In a pyre soon be laid. Should have turned, should have run. Now the goblin's life is done," I say, continuing to mock the goblin lyracists.

5' step, slash
to hit: 14+3+1=18 damage: 8+2+1=11 (woohoo max damage)


The goblin gives a delighted little smile as Lo'j sings, seemingly enjoying the tune. It continues to smile as its head bounces down the street, no longer attached to the rest of its body.

End of combat. Nicely done, gang, with a special mention to Lo'j who knocked down the big baddie who could have run riot against you guys.

And the bit you like best - 600xp each for the fight, with an additional 100xp bonus for good roleplaying, tactics and lyric writing. Get levelling, you crazy scamps!

As the group rest, breathing heavily from exertion and (in some cases) wounds, it is clear that the crisis is passing. The sounds of battle are few and far between, and concerned locals rush out from the shelter of nearby building to tend the wounded (including Dravite, who is stabilised and taken off to the temple to be given over to the healers).

The cowering nobleman emerges from his shelter behind the barrel, looking shaken but otherwise unharmed, his finery somwhat soiled where he cowered in the muck. "Th - th - thank you," he stammers, "I thought I was done for when they ambushed me in this lane. You showed up just in the nick. I'm Aldern Foxglove," he says, sticking out a hand at a random member of the party.

Knowledge (Local) check, DC 15:

Spoiler:
The Foxgloves own a series of farms outside Sandpoint, mainly to the south where they have their manor.


male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

Larken walks over to his dagger, sticking his sword into each enemy corpse as he passes. He listens to the sound of the town and...
if it seems like the battle is about over

Spoiler:
...since it looks like his little warband is pretty much done in, he starts with the warsinger, checking each corpse over for any potential loot, making a pile as he works.
He's not above pocketing anything small and easily palmed, but not coin - there won't be much and the rest of this rather peculiar fighting force will be expecting there to be at least some.
He keeps an eye on the rest of the group and their interactions with the obvious mark, as well as watching for any goblin stragglers.

If it sounds like there's still a lot of bad guys to deal with
Spoiler:
...looks at this little rag-tag band of 'heroes,' wondering if they have anything left for another fight.
"Sounds like there're more goblins to kill," he says, and then nodding to Hudak, "Luck with your kin."
He heads off down the street, assuming that the Shoanti and the lawman will watch over the wounded. [ooc] He'll look for another group to link up with, or barring that, he'll try the shadows and see if he can kill a few goblins by stealth.[ooc]


Male Human Marshal 4

"Good 'morrow, lord Foxglove," I say extending my hand in greeting, than quickly drawing it back to wipe on my breeches. "Sorry, mind the blood sirrah," I add a warm chuckle at the end.

"Seems we spared you the nasty and of the buggard's blades, though we arrived too late to save your canine friend," my eyes grow momentarily distant as I wonder about the fate of Gurney, "though perhaps the priests can save him yet."

"I think it best you be heading to the main square. The sheriff should have it under control, and," pointing back the way we came, "I know the goblins thata way be already washing the cobbles with their blood."

"I hope to share another dinner with you and yours at the mayor's table."

I conclude, thinking to myself who was that guy again? I stoop and wipe the last of the goblin blood from my hands and blade using one of their cloaks.


Larken wrote:

Larken walks over to his dagger, sticking his sword into each enemy corpse as he passes. He listens to the sound of the town and...

if it seems like the battle is about over
** spoiler omitted **
If it sounds like there's still a lot of bad guys to deal with
** spoiler omitted **

Assume it is the first option. The only stuff of any real value seems to be the toughs two swords, which appear to be of superior manufacture, and a vial of cloudy liquid in a vial.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

So I got hauled off instead of someone here doing the healing? Let me know when I can rejoin the group.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Hudak's delayed adrenaline rush hits him as the battle ends.
He goes over to the wall, leans his head over, and vomits.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

When the last of the goblins falls, Vethran relaxes his crossbow's catch and returns it to it's place on his hip strap. He dusts himself off and picks up his quarterstaff, looking around once again to make sure there are no more immediate threats.

Finally, looking to Illes, he smirks. "So much for that, then."


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Why would we heal that creepy giggling dwarf? : )


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Aubrey, what was your take on spell slots gained from leveling and spells added to the spellbook in the middle of a day? Do I need to find time to actually scribe the spells into my book (the 2 I get for free from leveling)? If so, how much time does it take? Does it require any money? Also, how long does it take me to prepare spells in my newly-acquired slots?


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30


You need 15 minutes to prep them. They are already in your book.
Text on spell slots mid-day-

Spoiler:
PHB 178 "When preparing spells for the day, a wizard can leave some of these spell slots open. Later during that day, she can repeat the preparation process as often as she likes, time and circumstances permitting. <...> Like the 1st session of the day this preparation takes at least 15 minutes, and it takes longer if the wizard prepares more than a quarter of her spells." Likewise- As a bard it looks like I'll have to spend 15 minutes meditatively playing the flute to flash my new slots.
Text on cost of spells gained at level-
Spoiler:
PHB 179 in the Writing a New Spell into a Spellbook section, last 2 sentences- " Note that the wizard does not have to pay these costs in time or gold for the spells she gains for free at each new level. She simply adds these spells to her spellbook as part of her ongoing research."


Dravite Schorl wrote:
So I got hauled off instead of someone here doing the healing? Let me know when I can rejoin the group.

When you feel like it - we will be moving on to the next day fairly sharpish.


Vethran Tallomane wrote:
Aubrey, what was your take on spell slots gained from leveling and spells added to the spellbook in the middle of a day? Do I need to find time to actually scribe the spells into my book (the 2 I get for free from leveling)? If so, how much time does it take? Does it require any money? Also, how long does it take me to prepare spells in my newly-acquired slots?

I'll update this in the Demented/Malformed profile, but spell slots arrive immediately on levelling. You need time to prepare them, as Ithuriel says, and write them in your book. But it shouldn't be a problem that hampers play normally.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042
Illes Elandru wrote:
Why would we heal that creepy giggling dwarf? : )

Y'know...now that I think about it....how much can we get for his ogre hook?


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10
Hudak wrote:
Hudak's delayed adrenaline rush hits him as the battle ends. He goes over to the wall, leans his head over, and vomits.

As the last opponent stops twitching, Alwyn staggers over to Hudak, heavily favouring his unwounded leg before patting the massive bald-headed Shoanti on the back. "Hey, brother, I toldya we would prevail! Good job cutting those goblins apart - the Lord of Battles will certainly be most pleased tonight. Now get it all out of your system, as more fights will come in the future; after all, life is nought but struggle and conflict. I firmly believe that we'll se more of these contemptible little dweebs in the future, but now we know what to expect from them, and information is half the battle. Keep that sword sharp and ready, and they will never surprise us again!" After a quick look at their impromptou allies, he decides that they will all make it through another night and limps off in search of wounded civilians that are more in need of healing.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

As the marshal and the lad drop the last two goblins, Elisile lowers her bow slightly and looks slowly around, looking and listening for more enemies. It seems that things are under control.

The elf looks closely at her new allies. Could this have been what she was sent here for? The goblins seemed to be targetting a temple of (partly) one of the deities Known to her ... it did seem a sign. Were these people who she was supposed to continue her Journey with?

She stands in the street, bow lowered, suddenly looking rather lost ... but feeling also hopeful.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

After having a spell cast upon him, Dravite storms out of the temple ignoring the priests' gentle calls to rest. Coming upon the battle scene he sees the party that he fought with. The party that stood he stood with in defense of the innocent. The party that left his bleeding fate to to be tended by some nameless priests. He squints as his original thoughts of the group's moral character changes.
Looking at Alwyn tending a wounded townsman he says "I see that others' lives be meaning more than a fallen ally in trouble, I will be rememberin' that in any future dealings and I be hopin' to repay the sentiment." and he stalks off mumbling to himself and collecting his hook and looking over towards Larken thinking that it is a good idea to help loot the dead.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

"Sorry, dwarf! During battle I feel serene like a leaf floating on a still water. When battle ends, my heart tries to rip out of my chest and my breakfast wants free of my guts. I don't know why this is, but I'll try and patch you up next time, if you want. I thought those godsmen would do better with their magics than I would, vomiting and fumbling. At least I didn't steal your ogrehook. Jingle your pockets, the gold's still there."
healed up yet? Good. Let's fight. (just kidding)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The only loot available has already been posted above - two masterwork dogslicers and a potion of Cure Light Wounds.

OK - cut scene to a few days later. A bit of incidental music and a quick picture of the groovy apartment block where the party live, before recommencing the action. Or maybe not.

Things calm down in Sandpoint fairly quickly. There were a few fatalities among the townsfolk, but many more goblins fell under the swords of the citizenry. The party members in particular are held as heroes for preventing the goblins destroying the temple, and for saving one of the local nobles. This manifests iteslf in a number of ways - minor freebies (the odd loaf pressed into the hand, flowers, new shoes), a friendly reception from passersby, and attention from the opposite sex (or the same sex - this is Sandpoint, after all, where these things are known to happen).

The temple consecration is completed the day after the attack, in a quiet and much more private ceremony (to which the temple saviours are invited). The players also receive the thanks of the town for their bravery, which comprises (among other things) a gift of 500gp each, paid by public subscription (must mostly from the Foxglove family and the temple coffers).

OK, you can go and buy stuff. You also need to decide where to live. There a are number of inns about, but the one which is most adventurer friendly is The Rusty Dragon, run by Ameiko Kaijitsu, a former adventurer and estranged daughter of Lonjiku Kaijitsu, town grandee and owner of the glassworks. If you have other suggestions or thoughts, let me know.

After a few days to recover, the heroes of the town are summoned to a meeting of in the mayor's office by Sheriff Hemlock. On arrival, you find the Sheriff, Mayor Deverin and a rustic-looking elf woman dressed in travel-stained leather armour and with a bow and sword propped against the table where he sits.

"This is Shalelu Andosana, an "unoffical" member of the town guard," says Hemlock, at which the woman raises an eybrow and smirks. "She keeps tabs on the goblin tribes around here, and she comes into town a few times a year to update us. There's been a lot of goblin activity in the last few days, not just in Sandpoint. Yesterday, a family were nearly killed when goblins burned it down, but Shalelu was able to get them out in time. The goblin problem obviously isn't going away in a hurry. Anyway, Shalelu can give you the details."

“Belor’s told me of your work against the goblins — well done," says the elf laconically. "I’ve dedicated the last several years of my life to keeping them from causing too much trouble around these parts, but they’re tenacious and fecund little runts. Like weeds that bite.

“Anyway, there’s five major goblin tribes in the region, and, traditionally, they’re pretty good at keeping each other in line with intertribal squabbles and the like. Yet from what I’ve been able to piece together, members of all five tribes were involved in the raid on Sandpoint. A fair amount of the Mosswood tribe goblins I dealt with yesterday were already pretty beat up, and there was a lot of chatter about the ‘longshanks’ who killed so many of them. Now that I’ve met you, it seems obvious from their descriptions who they were talking about. Seems like you’ve made an impression.

“In any event, the fact that the five tribes are working together disturbs me. Goblin tribes don’t get along unless they’ve got something big planned, and big plans require big bosses. I’m afraid that someone’s moved in on the goblins and organized them. And judging by these recent raids, what they’re organizing seems like bad news for all of us,” she finishes, glancing at the mayor.

"Exactly," says the Mayor Deverin, her face set in a determined expression. "That's why I've asked Sheriff Hemlock to take a guard contingent and head to Magnimar for reinforcements. In the meantime, Sandpoint will be less defended than it was before. This is where you come in. I'd like to deputise you to keep an eye out for the town while Belor is away."


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

this is a metagame question from my standpoint because Hudak wouldn't care, but (I guess) can somebody ask what executive powers (if any) our creation as deputies grants us?
Oh, and I'll level up later today. I have my own two goblins stirring up an insurrection in my household at the time being...


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Sheriff's deputies, eh? I like the sound of that, especially if it gives us the chance to crack some more goblin heads. Sign me up!"

The Rusty Dragon sounds good to me. I'll pay up front for a month's room and board. How much will that set me back?


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

"Aye, the Rusty Dragon indeed."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Rusty Dragon sounds good enough.., I don't mind making sure the folk of dis town are safe but what's this job pay? Can't be expectin' me to be payin' all kind o' expenses wit nothin' to cover me losses...
An I don't be expecting ta be gettin' rich, nor am I tryin' to squeeze ye for any extra spare coppers, I jus dinnae wanna be throwin' good coin away without at least breakin' even or so.

301 to 350 of 12,357 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.