Gen Con and books


Customer Service

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

If I buy stuff on my sub at Gen Con, will I still be getting the books? I have not yet gotten my July sub and I will be buying it at Gen Con so I was wondering. Thank you.


grifter7 wrote:
If I buy stuff on my sub at Gen Con, will I still be getting the books? I have not yet gotten my July sub and I will be buying it at Gen Con so I was wondering. Thank you.

Subscription shipments will be going out before the con. If you also buy the books at GenCon, you will be getting two copies. If you would prefer to purchase the book at the con and not receive a subscription copy, you will need to cancel your subscriptions before we send out the shipments, then restart your subscription after GenCon.

Dataphiles

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Alison McKenzie wrote:
grifter7 wrote:
If I buy stuff on my sub at Gen Con, will I still be getting the books? I have not yet gotten my July sub and I will be buying it at Gen Con so I was wondering. Thank you.
Subscription shipments will be going out before the con. If you also buy the books at GenCon, you will be getting two copies. If you would prefer to purchase the book at the con and not receive a subscription copy, you will need to cancel your subscriptions before we send out the shipments, then restart your subscription after GenCon.

Or you can sell your sub-copy to a friend for the same cost you got yourself and but a copy for yourself at GENCON and get all the Paizo staff to sign your book and be way more cool. ;-)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Alison McKenzie wrote:
grifter7 wrote:
If I buy stuff on my sub at Gen Con, will I still be getting the books? I have not yet gotten my July sub and I will be buying it at Gen Con so I was wondering. Thank you.
Subscription shipments will be going out before the con. If you also buy the books at GenCon, you will be getting two copies. If you would prefer to purchase the book at the con and not receive a subscription copy, you will need to cancel your subscriptions before we send out the shipments, then restart your subscription after GenCon.

The reason why I was asking was I have yet to get my July Sub and Gen Con is next week. I was wondering if I was getting any of my subs for July or August before Gen Con. It would be cheaper for me to buy it there and not pay the shipping cost.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

grifter7 wrote:
Alison McKenzie wrote:
grifter7 wrote:
If I buy stuff on my sub at Gen Con, will I still be getting the books? I have not yet gotten my July sub and I will be buying it at Gen Con so I was wondering. Thank you.
Subscription shipments will be going out before the con. If you also buy the books at GenCon, you will be getting two copies. If you would prefer to purchase the book at the con and not receive a subscription copy, you will need to cancel your subscriptions before we send out the shipments, then restart your subscription after GenCon.
The reason why I was asking was I have yet to get my July Sub and Gen Con is next week. I was wondering if I was getting any of my subs for July or August before Gen Con. It would be cheaper for me to buy it there and not pay the shipping cost.

We expect that August subscription copies should be arriving right around the the first day of Gen Con for most people.

We don't have the ability to do subscriber pick-up at the show, so to avoid having them shipped, you'd have to cancel your subs, and lose access to the subscriber benefits like the discounts and PDFs. And there may not be as much savings to be had as you might think, because while you'd save shipping fees, you'd have to pay Indianapolis sales tax instead.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:
grifter7 wrote:
Alison McKenzie wrote:
grifter7 wrote:
If I buy stuff on my sub at Gen Con, will I still be getting the books? I have not yet gotten my July sub and I will be buying it at Gen Con so I was wondering. Thank you.
Subscription shipments will be going out before the con. If you also buy the books at GenCon, you will be getting two copies. If you would prefer to purchase the book at the con and not receive a subscription copy, you will need to cancel your subscriptions before we send out the shipments, then restart your subscription after GenCon.
The reason why I was asking was I have yet to get my July Sub and Gen Con is next week. I was wondering if I was getting any of my subs for July or August before Gen Con. It would be cheaper for me to buy it there and not pay the shipping cost.

We expect that August subscription copies should be arriving right around the the first day of Gen Con for most people.

We don't have the ability to do subscriber pick-up at the show, so to avoid having them shipped, you'd have to cancel your subs, and lose access to the subscriber benefits like the discounts and PDFs. And there may not be as much savings to be had as you might think, because while you'd save shipping fees, you'd have to pay Indianapolis sales tax instead.

Sales tax of 7% which is be more than my shipping LOL! I see your point. Thank you for the fast reply. Looking forward to seeing you guys next week.

Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / Customer Service / Gen Con and books All Messageboards
Recent threads in Customer Service