The Future Is Now!

CHA2023

Our Price: $18.95

Discontinued

Chaosium's Basic RolePlaying system gets a new campaign setting!

Since man started to dream, we have been fascinated with the endless possible futures of our own Earth—what it could look like in a hundred, a thousand, a million years. Well, the folks over at Chaosium explore that in their new campaign setting, Chronicles of Future Earth, designed for their Basic RolePlaying system (that's the same system that drives Call of Cthulhu).

Chronicles of Future Earth contains an introduction to Urth, the world of the unimaginably far future, focusing on the vast and ancient city of Korudav; new races, cultures, and occupations; new magic, artifacts, and religions; rules for demons and divine powers; a bestiary of the Urth's more deadly denizens; and "The Worm Within", an introductory scenario showcasing this unique and adventure-filled world.

Of course, Chaosium hasn't left CoC behind: Check out the new Call of Cthulhu Keeper's Screen. This 3-panel, heavy duty screen comes mounted on hardcover boards, and features all the essential tables, states of sanity, order of play, and other rules references to speed up game play and keep secret the diabolical machinations of the Keeper. Also included is a 22" x 34" poster by the mad French artists Christian Grussi and El Théo, raving on possible relationships between deities and minions of the Cthulhu mythos.

More Blog.
Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

I picked up this setting and it is quite good. I picked up the Basic Roleplaying rules as well and those are good as well.

This setting, rather than cover several kingdoms and thousands of years of history, narrows in one city and recent events. I like the mix of psionics and ancient tech mixed with sorcery and summoning.


Sounds like a cool setting and also sounds like a good setting for a series of novels.

The Exchange

Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber

The future is now! Soon every American home will integrate their television, phone and computer. You'll be able to visit the Louvre on one channel, or watch female wrestling on another. You can do your shopping at home, or play Mortal Kombat with a friend from Vietnam. There's no end to the possibilities!


Am I correct in thinking that you don't need the Basic Role-Playing rules to us this/enjoy this? (Or is it better to have the BRP book to understand the CoFE?)

Mostly curious, but sometimes additional/different games/rules systems are fun to get into.

Thoughts?

~Dean


Zuxius wrote:

The future is now! Soon every American home will integrate their television, phone and computer. You'll be able to visit the Louvre on one channel, or watch female wrestling on another. You can do your shopping at home, or play Mortal Kombat with a friend from Vietnam. There's no end to the possibilities!

ROFL! :) Where's a like button when you need one?


The_Minstrel_Wyrm wrote:

Am I correct in thinking that you don't need the Basic Role-Playing rules to us this/enjoy this? (Or is it better to have the BRP book to understand the CoFE?)

Mostly curious, but sometimes additional/different games/rules systems are fun to get into.

Thoughts?

~Dean

From what I can tell it is a campaign setting and you will need the BRP book for the game mechanics in order to use it.


Enevhar Aldarion wrote:
The_Minstrel_Wyrm wrote:

Am I correct in thinking that you don't need the Basic Role-Playing rules to us this/enjoy this? (Or is it better to have the BRP book to understand the CoFE?)

Mostly curious, but sometimes additional/different games/rules systems are fun to get into.

Thoughts?

~Dean

From what I can tell it is a campaign setting and you will need the BRP book for the game mechanics in order to use it.

Thanks Enevhar,

that's pretty much what I thought as well, but it's nice to get another P.O.V. on the matter.

I might get into this. I don't know. Hmmm.

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Blog: The Future Is Now! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.