Dead Suns AP by GM Cellion (Inactive)

Game Master GM Cellion

Maps on Google Slides
Handouts on Google Slides
Loot Table

Templates:
=== Initiative ===
[dice=Arcalinte]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Isu]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Spectre]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Ted]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Jelico]d20+3[/dice]
-----------------------
[dice=Enemy]1d20+[/dice]

=== Perception ===
[dice=Arc Perception]d20+17[/dice]
[dice=Isu Perception]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Spec Perception]d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Ted Perception]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Jelico Perception]d20+19[/dice]


3,701 to 3,750 of 6,943 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>
Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

Spectre shares what he has found about the metadata of the picture.

"If we report back to the evil halfling ghoul, you must know she will utilize the information for her nefarious goals."

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"But it will give us another opportunity to ferret out the location of the pizza cult. Maybe we even can get another digital image!" responds Isu with his eyebrows raised.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Looks like at least one vote for heading back to the Ministry. I'll send us that way with a second vote.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 17 | SP 151/151 HP 125/125 RP 10/10 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +14; R +14; W +11 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +25

"Aw, for crying out loud, JUST because Ms. Trux appears to have had pizza for lunch doesn't mean she's a cultist!" Arcalinte replies. "Nevertheless, she would be able to make use of this information. We can drop off this cretin there, too. I imagine he's at least guilty of assault," he say, indicating the ghoul.

To the BatMinistry! *musical sting*

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)
Isu Greelax Zyte wrote:
"But it will give us another opportunity to ferret out the location of the pizza cult. Maybe we even can get another digital image!" responds Isu with his eyebrows raised.

"You are correct, my ally. Overcoming this cult will grant us access to all of their assets. Let us report back."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Sorry for the delay. I'm at PAX Unplugged this weekend and have been strapped for time.

Arc picks up the ghoul soldier, you say your goodbyes to Gretal, and you head back out into the dark and grimy Splice streets. Carrying a bound undead attracts even more attention than just walking around. But unlike more lawful parts of the Pact World's, no one protests and no law enforcement shows up to have a stern chat.

You make it back to the Ministry in time to see Waneda about to close up for the day. When she sees you carrying a bound ghoul, she tilts her head and gives a small bemused smile. "This seems like it has an interesting story attached. Come in. Tell me what violence you've been up to over some hot cocoa. I'll charge the overtime to the Ambassador."

We don't need to go through full Rp unless you want to, since it'll mostly be a summary of what you've learned. But let me know what details you hide or omit, if any."

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 17 | SP 151/151 HP 125/125 RP 10/10 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +14; R +14; W +11 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +25

"Do you have any tea, preferably any that's NOT Felheed? I tried some in a cafe on Castrovel and it was NOT a pleasant experience," Arcalinte says as he deposits the ghoul.

"We followed lead you showed us regarding Ms. Rapinder's flatmate, to find this scumbag and two of his friends assaulting Ms. Rapinder. They'd ripped off and broken her arms before we intervened. The other two were unfortunately killed in the resulting fight," he explains. "The lead turned out to be QUITE valuable. We found this..."

He shows her the pic-capture they'd found.

"We were able to use this to determine a location out in the wild, and it corroborated evidence we found at the Fleshworks that a marrowblight somehow snuck into the city and robbed the place of an entire shipment of their...product. We thought you might have more information about what we're going into. Who's this woman, 'Commander Vesh' the note says? Rapinder said she didn't recognize the name so we figure her rank isn't in the actual Eoxian military, just a bit of Corpse Fleet vanity. What kind of undead is she, what defenses should we prepare should it come to more violence?"


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

"Ooooh, fascinating." Waneda preps some earl grey tea from a tin marked "for inconsolable breathers only" and then passes Arc an ancient chipped mug of a fragrant tea. "So a marrowblight involved with the Corpse Fleet and a whole crew of their troublemakers, is it honey? Can't say I'm surprised. Those Marrowblights are a menace, entirely uncivilized and prone to hateful outbursts. Back when we had some living in Orphys, the other Ministries would often get complaints and incidents. Nowadays there aren't any marrowblights living in the city."

"As for Commander Vesh, we've heard that name before. A mid-rank Corpse Fleet member. They have their own heirarchy, you know, doll." She brings up a list of ranks on her datapad. "The name Vesh has been associated with Corpse Fleet activity in the Orphys area for years now, on and off. Never caught footage or firsthand accounts of the Commander though. Must be operating somewhere else, I've supposed."

"Stories say she's a Jiang-shi vampire. If you think you'll come across her, make sure to keep your soul in your body. Other than that, you're all the experts at violence, not me." She grins a sharp-toothed smile.

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

A likely story... thinks Isu.

He starts to talk a little TOO loudly. "YES, WELL THEN, we shall just be on our way to smash them up with the holy light of Sarenrae. But before we go, this one and this one's fellow breathers need a bit to eat; pizza is our preferred victual. Tell me, what is the best pizza place in Orphys?" He tries to wink at Spectre.

bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

Spectre catches where Isu is going with this.

"Perhaps, we might add, we enjoy eating pizza with diminutives," he says, trying to be helpful.

bluff assist: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 17 | SP 151/151 HP 125/125 RP 10/10 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +14; R +14; W +11 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +25
GM Cellion wrote:

"Ooooh, fascinating." Waneda preps some earl grey tea from a tin marked "for inconsolable breathers only" and then passes Arc an ancient chipped mug of a fragrant tea. "So a marrowblight involved with the Corpse Fleet and a whole crew of their troublemakers, is it honey? Can't say I'm surprised. Those Marrowblights are a menace, entirely uncivilized and prone to hateful outbursts. Back when we had some living in Orphys, the other Ministries would often get complaints and incidents. Nowadays there aren't any marrowblights living in the city."

"As for Commander Vesh, we've heard that name before. A mid-rank Corpse Fleet member. They have their own heirarchy, you know, doll." She brings up a list of ranks on her datapad. "The name Vesh has been associated with Corpse Fleet activity in the Orphys area for years now, on and off. Never caught footage or firsthand accounts of the Commander though. Must be operating somewhere else, I've supposed."

"Stories say she's a Jiang-shi vampire. If you think you'll come across her, make sure to keep your soul in your body. Other than that, you're all the experts at violence, not me." She grins a sharp-toothed smile.

Would they even call it that? Earth is in a different galaxy than the Pact Worlds, so they wouldn't know about Charles Grey (the 2nd Earl Grey) to name it after him! :P

Arcalinte sips his tea and reads the information Waneda gives them, trying to not look too put off by her fascination with violence.

"Why 'inconsolable,' Ms. Trux?" he asks by way of making conversation.

"You wouldn't happen to have any suggestions on the 'keeping our souls in our bodies' front? Several of our encounters with Corpse Fleet agents were pretty close calls, and we want to be prepared. 'Foreknowledge is both armor and sword,' as Sola Sverdan Tolama Noyd would say. He liked to prove it with surprise attacks on us students to keep us on our toes."

When Isu and Spectre begin asking about pizza and diminutives, he groans and facepalms.

"Please ignore them, Ms. Trux. My friends here have read too many infosphere conspiracy theories."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

I considered making up a new tea type, but was drinking Earl Grey at the time, so that's what it became :>

To Isu and Spectre, Waneda answers "Afraid you won't find any pizza around here, dolls. Undead don't have much need to eat and only do so for fun. And people around the Splice aren't rich enough for fun. I hear Pact Port has some places though."

And to Arc, she grins "I've found those few living visitors I have are often quite distressed by one thing or another, and a pot of old tea is enough to get them calmed down. It might have some sedatives in there too. Nothing too strong of course." After he adds a more serious question, she shrugs "From what I know, Jiang-Shi can breathe in the souls of the living right out of your bodies. A risk of getting up close. Doesn't do much of anything to us undead though."

Just to get you thinking about it while we finish up this scene: What are your next moves? Where are you going, and how are you thinking of getting there?

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

Perhaps we could rent a speeder or something to find the location in the picture?

"Where are the greatest number of undead halflings found on this planet?" Spectre asks as a follow up.

"Also, where might we lease transport?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 17 | SP 151/151 HP 125/125 RP 10/10 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +14; R +14; W +11 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +25

"Okay, now you two are just being rude, and that's putting it charitably!" Arcalinte replies to Spectre's suspiciously specific line of inquiry.

Spectre's right, securing a vehicle would allow us to get there more readily and make a clean getaway. And give Sydney something to do, since I imagine all this talking and investigating has left her kinda bored...


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Waneda shrugs at Spectre's first question. "They're wherever their unlives took them, I suppose. Hmm, a survey of ex-species and where they prefer to move after their transition could make for quite the interesting research topic..."

"As for transport, the Ministry could let you borrow a pair of exploration buggies. Back when the place was a bit better staffed, I hear they were used to investigate complaints and cases on the outskirts of Orphys. They've been gathering dust for quite a while now though."

OK, any last questions? Any shopping you want to do before taking your transportation out of Orphys? If not, I'll move us along tomorrow.

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"We shall eat our pizza later then, perhaps at the Pact Port. We shall take these buggies of yours and find these Corpse Fleet individuals. Do you prefer captives, or corpses, small undead halfling thing?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 17 | SP 151/151 HP 125/125 RP 10/10 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +14; R +14; W +11 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +25

Does the loot table have a spread of how much each of us has to spend? I'm still not sure what money I have...

Arcalinte groans as Isu just keeps going, oblivious to all common courtesy and sense.

"She has a name."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

I assume based on the way the loot log looks, you've disbursed some amount already. Might want to work out the specifics in Discussion.

Unperturbed by Isu's comments, Waneda gives your team keys to a pair of exploration buggies that are stored in a hangar at the outskirts of Orphys. She wishes you luck with your investigation, mentioning that corpses and captives is all the same for her - just so long as you come back with detailed first hand experiences for her to write down. She wishes you luck and shoos you out of the Ministry so she can lock it down for the day.

After you're done with any final bit of shopping, you head out to the eastern gate of Orphys - a massive door in the wall surrounding the city proper that includes both an airlock and radiation shielding. The bone troopers at the gates got notice from Waneda to let you through, so they winch the door open far enough to let you out. They stare their burning eye sockets at you with a morbid curiosity, seemingly fully expecting you to die out there.

As the door seals behind you, you see the hangar you're supposed to pick the vehicles up from in the distance. However, before you get there, you're intercepted by a two individuals in bulky space suits. They amble toward you with a jerky step. Their face plates are dark - you can't see what they look like.

"What a mistake." Your comms come to life as one of the individuals addresses you. "A mistake." The other echoes. "The ambassador can't help you here." They start towards you.

INITs:
Arcalinte: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Isu: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Spectre: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Ted: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Sydney: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
-----------------------
Enemy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

----
|||| INIT ||||
Isu
Arc
Spectre
Sydney
Ted

??? Undead x2

Bold are up

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

Isu smiles at the approach of two hostiles and flicks the power switch on his hammer. Whaaaa-waaa-waaa-waaaaaaa.....

"You should not delay us. This is the paramagnetic version. PARAMAGNETIC!"

The hammer is fully charged by the time Isu jogs forward 35 feet and swings at the enemy. paramagetic hammer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 123d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 6, 4) + 13 = 24

But he misses badly.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 17 | SP 151/151 HP 125/125 RP 10/10 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +14; R +14; W +11 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +25

"You have it backwards. WE'RE helping HIM by eliminating this nest of pests he graciously has pointed us towards! FOR THE SUN AND THE FURY!"

Arcalinte draws his starknife, moving 25 feet before hurling it at the one Isu is closing with!

Called Tactical Starknife: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 141d4 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Photon Mode: 1

Dataphiles

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

"For the disreputable and the credits." Spectre calls out with his own monotone battle cry.

Plasma Rifle at light blue (red star-class, electricity, fire) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 261d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Lol! Btw, a pic of what these things look like has been added to slide 2 of handouts.

Sydney tumbles across the cratered rock ground and fires a tricky shot at blue as well.
To hit (Laser pistol, corona): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Trick Attack (Acrobatics): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25
Damage (Arc pistol, corona): 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 = 10
Trick Attack Bonus Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 7, 4) = 19
Unfortunately, she stumbles just enough to send the laser bolt flying over the space-suited undead's shoulder.

Ted fires a rain of magic missiles at blue as well, bludgeoning the creature enough to cause it to take a step back.
Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1, 2) + 3 = 10
----

GM Screen:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 2d6 + 20 ⇒ (4, 6) + 20 = 30
-
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
While Isu and Arc fall short of landing their attacks, Spectre's fiery beam lances across the blasted waste outside Orphys and scorches the blue undead creature. As it smolders, its spacesuit begins peeling and writhing, opening up to reveal withered flesh underneath. A gaunt face stares eyelessly out of its faceplate, its expression locked in a gasp for air.

The red undead swivels to Isu and begins pummeling him with its weighty limbs. While its first blow is easily fended off, it lands a vicious uppercut with its second! (Critical hit for 25 bludgeoning after DR.) Isu's electric field shocks it in response.
Feedback: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The blue undead rushes towards Arc, swinging a wild haymaker and landing a heavy blow to his shoulder. (Dealing 6 dmg after DR)

Both Arc and Isu feel a swell of vertigo as gravity seems to fluctuate around the two undead they're fighting. However, the natural gravity of Eox is strong enough that the fluctuations are little more than tugs in strange directions, and the effect doesn't interfere with combat. On the other hand, both Arc and Isu ALSO feel a pressure upon their lungs...

Arc vs. Decompression gaze: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Isu vs. Decompression gaze: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Arc feels the crushing pressure try to squeeze his chest, and the strain wears at him despite his endurance. (2 bludgeoning dmg after DR. Isu's DR absorbed everything else)

|||| INIT ||||
Isu (25 dmg)
Arc (8 dmg)
Spectre
Sydney
Ted

Blue ??? Undead (20 dmg)
Red ??? Undead (1 dmg)

Bold are up

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"What is wrong with this hammer? Abadar.com said satisfaction guaranteed. GUARANTEED!"

He tries again. (at red)

paramagetic hammer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 173d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 6, 3) + 13 = 28

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

Already locked on with combat tracking, Spectre rains down accurate fire.

Plasma Rifle (red star-class, electricity, fire) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 311d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 17 | SP 151/151 HP 125/125 RP 10/10 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +14; R +14; W +11 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +25

Fascinating, Arcalinte thinks as he feels the strange surges of gravity in the presence of the undead. It's almost like the graviton-manipulation I learned, but for them it's unconscious and instinctive. My own training is more than enough to resist it.

He's then rudely reminded of the fight they're in as he's walloped and constricted, and retaliates by drawing his own curve blade and taking a swing at the enemy.

Entangling Carbon Steel Curve Blade: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 201d10 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Photon Mode: 2


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

No Ted or Sydney still :<
Botting...
Ted fires another wave of magic missiles at blue, trying to bring it down quickly in tandem with his allies.
Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) + 3 = 13

Sydney rolls backwards and fires another quick shot from her corona laser pistol.
To hit (Laser pistol, corona): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Trick Attack (Acrobatics): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21
Damage (Laser pistol, corona): 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 = 7
Trick Attack Bonus Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) = 9
But the ray skims off the side of the creature's suit and scorches a rocky outcropping in the distance.
---

GM Screen:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Isu bemoans his weapon's unsatisfying nature as the ghastly undead creature ducks under his swing. Spectre and Arc on the other hand have much better luck against the creature they're fighting. Both strike solid hits that leave the creature's suit and flesh in scorched tatters. It remains standing however.

The red undead slams into Isu over and over, and while his armor deflects one swing, the other lands hard (Dealing 10 dmg after DR). The blue undead decides fighting Arc is a dangerous game and slips away from him ...

Arc AoO, since its highly relevant: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 Damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

...but it gets only a few steps away before the solarian cuts it down!

Feedback dmg, from Isu: 1d6 ⇒ 5
|||| INIT ||||
Isu (35 dmg)
Arc (8 dmg)
Spectre
Sydney
Ted

Red ??? Undead (6 dmg)

Bold are up

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

paramagetic hammer: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 4 = 113d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) + 13 = 27

paramagetic hammer: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 4 = 163d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 5, 5) + 13 = 28

Giving up all expectations of accuracy, Isu swings twice wildly.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 17 | SP 151/151 HP 125/125 RP 10/10 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +14; R +14; W +11 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +25

Arcalinte, done with one foe, turns to the other and blasts forwards towards the other one like a fiery angel!

Stellar RUSH!

Bull Rush: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Fire/Holy Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) = 11


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
While Isu keeps the strange undead creature busy dodging his swings, Arc rushes at it and delivers a burst of fire and light. The undead is blown back 5ft by the impact and immediately turns its attention on the solarian.

|||| INIT ||||
Isu (35 dmg)
Arc (8 dmg)
Spectre
Sydney
Ted

Red ??? Undead (17 dmg)

Bold are up

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

Spectre maneuvers to the side to get a clean shot, then fires a beam of plasma at the undead.

"Die, undead scum!"

Plasma Rifle (red star-class, electricity, fire) (weapon focus): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 241d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Skipping Ted so I don't use up all his spells.

To hit (Laser pistol, corona): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Trick Attack (Acrobatics): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22
Crit Damage (Laser pistol, corona): 4d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 1) + 6 = 13
Trick Attack Bonus Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) = 8
Syd stays in place and sends a laser bolt right into the undead creature's face, blasting away the remnants of the spacesuit helmet and revealing a burnt husk of a withered head. The mouth remains open in a scream, but it now sports a laser-bolt shaped hole in the back of its neck.
---

GM Screen:
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Spectre's angry red beam of plasma lances through the undead creature's leg and further chars it. But the shambling corpse is clearly not deterred by being badly grilled. It steps back towards Arc and swings in once more, landing a heavy but not life threatening blow. Dealing 11 dmg after DR.

|||| INIT ||||
Isu (35 dmg)
Arc (19 dmg)
Spectre
Sydney
Ted

Red ??? Undead (40 dmg)

Bold are up


Chaotic Good Human Operative/6

Sydney dashes left and towards her target. Her right foot steps on a flat rock and she pushes off to reach a new height, firing at the peak of her leap.

To hit (Disintegration pistol, liquidator): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Acid
Trick Attack (Acrobatics): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37 DC is equal to 20 + the target’s CR
If DC passes, Sydney deals 3d8 additional damage (level 5) and the target is flat-footed.
Damage (Disintegration pistol, liquidator): 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Add 1/2 Level to dmg see Weapon Specialization. Acid.
Trick Attack Bonus Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 5, 6) = 16

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

paramagetic hammer: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 4 = 203d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) + 13 = 21
paramagetic hammer: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 4 = 263d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 1, 5) + 13 = 23

Convinced that if he keeps swinging wildly the promises of Abadar.com will come true, Isu just keeps swinging wildly.

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

Spectre adds one more shot to the withering assault his companions are laying down.

Plasma Rifle (red star-class, electricity, fire) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 281d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 17 | SP 151/151 HP 125/125 RP 10/10 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +14; R +14; W +11 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +25

Arcalinte activates the solar fire that runs along his sword and he makes a controlled strike at the enemy!

Plasma SHEATH! Attacks now deal Fire/Holy damage (at least the first ones).

Entangling Carbon Steel Curve Blade + Plasma Sheath: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 161d10 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 3 = 24


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

As Isu finally gets into the groove of his new weapon, delivering a pair of powerful sparking blows as Sydney sends another shot clean into the undead creature's chest. With shattered arms and head and a burning hole in its chest, the undead assailant finally falls.

Combat Over!

If you search the two undead:
Each of the two undead have comms devices that are unsecured and largely empty of data. What little data is on them shows multiple incoming audio calls from an individual labeled 'Commander', but there's no record of what the calls were about. On the other hand, both comms also have email messages that simply state:

>Payment for this mission. Rest comes upon identification of their corpses.<

A digital signature for 2000 credits is attached to the email on both comms devices. (Effectively, you can transfer this to your own device and it counts as credits on a credstick)


----
With the undead ambush out of the way, you're able to head to the buggy hangar and find the two explorer buggies that Waneda gave you the keys for. The rest of the hangar is largely empty, clearly not many people need transport out into the wastes of Eox. You fire up the buggies and drive them out into the Eoxian "wilderness".

So each buggy can hold 4 people, pilot included, so you need to split yourselves across the two buggies. I also need who will be piloting each buggy. Stats for the buggies are in Handouts. Note that these buggies are open top, like this.

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

Isu does not drive a buggy, but instead pulls his sniper rifle off his back and uses it to scan the landscape while his partner mans the vehicle.

percep: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

I'm guessing Sydney as one driver. I have +8 in piloting--anyone better than that?

"Someone paid them to attack us," Spectre says. "It remains to be seen who ordered it."

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Come drive this buggy, Spectre. We shall discuss strategy as we go. Plans secret and mysterious." He tries not to look at Arc as he says this.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 17 | SP 151/151 HP 125/125 RP 10/10 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +14; R +14; W +11 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +25

"Isn't it obvious? The Commander listed as the sender of these messages is clearly Commander Vesh."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Sounds like Isu and Spec in one, Syd, Ted and Arc in the other?

Once you're situated in the buggies, you fire them up and head out after the coordinates that Spectre uncovered. The stretch of terrain you drive over is disconcerting and difficult to traverse even in the rugged buggies, with strange rock formations, deep twisting gullies, and massive fields of bleached bones jutting up from the dusty soil. You pass open fields containing the skeletons of enormous creatures that must have once roamed the surface in large herds, as well as deep pits filled with the skeletal remains of hundreds of humanoids.

At one point on the journey you drive through an imposing canyon with sheer cliff walls that are embedded with the skeletal remains of what must be thousands or tens of thousands of deceased Eoxians - the remnant of one of Eox's cataclysmic wars prior to the end of the Gap. The skeletal remnants are frozen, intertwined with one another as the whole mass on either side of the canyon reach in towards... something. Safety? Salvation from whatever weapon was used on them? It's not clear. Either way, its a macabre sight to have to drive through.

You make it out of the canyon safe (if a little mentally scarred) and drive another half hour before you start to get close to the coordinates. You drive over a rise and see a hovel of some kind off in the distance. As you get closer, you notice the structure is exactly that grisly hut from the photo. The bizarre hovel appears to be made from stretched, cured skin wrapped around a frame of massive bones

From a distance, you can see that the hut is surrounded by a field of scarecrows of a sort - flayed skins and flesh sculptures arrayed across metal poles and intertwined with thin, pliable bones. The entire array looks like mix between art installation and nightmare, but also strangely looks like a garden. Thin, pliable bones weave intricate patterns in clumps that might otherwise be living bushes, and flutes of skin and cartilage might be mistaken for flowers were it not for the disturbing shapes and absence of brilliant colors. There's even a hip-high fence of yellowed bone around the whole place, with sheets of cartilage serving to tie the whole fence together.

You're currently a few hundred feet away, and there's no obvious sign of any creatures about. How would you like to approach?

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

i'll spend a resolve point to heal on the trip btw

"Quiet. Too quiet. No one move. Stay down. Don't make a silhouette of yourself."

Isu finds a decent area to lie down and sets his sniper rifle up with a tripod. He scans back and forth across the camp, looking for any sign of movement. He is patient, but... can't control what his impatient teammates might do.

percep: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 12 Dataphiles | SP 84 HP 64 RP 10/11 | EAC 28 KAC 29 CMAC 37 CMD 29 CMB +9 | Kinetic DR 5/- | F+6 R+10 W+11 | Init+6 | Perc+3 | 1st 1/6 2nd 0/6 3rd 0/5 4th 0/4 Cache 0/1

"A grenade will spring the ambush," Ted tosses one between his hands in anticipation. His top glares at him.

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Psst. Ted! Shut it!" says Isu as he tries to concentrate.

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

Spectre had spent most of the drive talking to Isu about how credits could help facilitate the spread of Sarenrae's light, as well as how they might infiltrate and take over the the halfling undead pizza cult.

"I find you to be the most intelligent member of this group--aside from me, of course," Spectre tells him.

Once they arrive, Spectre dismounts and begins to look around.

"A curious place--I will see if my sensors pick up any life forms."

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf Solarian 17 | SP 151/151 HP 125/125 RP 10/10 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +14; R +14; W +11 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +25

Okay, NOW can we change Spectre's alignment to Evil? :P

Arcalinte lets Sydney drive, taking in the macabre scenery as they pass.

"This...this feels very similar to our journey on Castrovel, and yet very different. Once again, we literally walk through history, but where the Temple of the Twelve and the markers leading to it were slowly being reclaimed by the jungle, even as the Temple itself was a monument to life...this is a monument to death, standing forever untouched by time. No doubt if the Corpse Fleet find their way to the Gate of Twelve Suns, the rest of the Pact Worlds will shortly resemble this place."

As they approach the coordinates, and Isu begins setting up an ambush, Arcalinte obeys his command, dousing the light of his mote and getting low to the ground.

"I'm not going to be much use fighting at this range, Isu," he whispers. "But I can perhaps try to sneak closer. On your signal, of course, you're the tactician here."

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"Just wait, just wait...This one is not expecting to kill anything from this distance. This one wants them to reveal themselves."

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"If we do decide to move forward, we first scout the outer hills, to make sure THEY aren't doing what WE are doing right now... Lining up their scopes on the hut from a distance."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Isu, Ted and Spectre all eye the fleshy hut and its macabre garden, but see no movement or life forms. As the minutes pass, the landscape remains perfectly still. It's not clear if there's any

If you guys would like to stake out the hut for a longer period of time, I'll assume you're taking 10 on your perception checks. If instead you'd like to approach, and are trying to be stealthy as you do so, some stealth rolls would be good. If you want to scout around nearby first, give me perception checks for that too.

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"This one can stay here on the scope if others want to scout the surrounding area. No one should try to engage alone, and don't proceed to the hut until all are agreed."

Isu puts his eyes back on his scope. He pays particular attention to the scarecrows...it would be just like the undead to pop to life just as they got close.

percep taking 10 for 18. maybe with a sniper rifle scope I don't get ranged penalities??

3,701 to 3,750 of 6,943 << first < prev | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dead Suns AP by GM SnowHeart All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.